Remote css Jobs in February 2020
53 Remote css Jobs in February 2020Post a job
Passionate about web development? Looking for a flexible, remote role where you are working on an enthusiastic and committed team? This is a brilliant opportunity to develop your technical skills within a forward-thinking and supportive team.
Initial 6 months, full time with potential for permanent.
Anywhere within 2 hours of the UK timezone.
You will be helping to care for a number of Umbraco websites, including maintenance & support, bug fixing and adding new features. You will also be involved, with the rest of the development team, in the planning and development of new Umbraco sites, redesigns and overhauls of existing sites.
You will be working remotely as part of a small team of 10 spread across the UK, Europe and beyond. You will also be communicating with clients directly. This requires excellent written and verbal English communication skills and the ability to communicate professionally with both technical and non-technical people.
- enjoy solving problems and are constantly looking to learn and improve
- are outstanding at communicating both verbally and in written English (and more than tech-speak!)
- are detail oriented and meticulous about quality
- understand how important good, disciplined process is; in software development as well as communication and project management
The ideal person will bring the correct mindset, ability to learn and adapt along with as wide a range of technical experience as possible, we therefore encourage applications from the right candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief or race.
The mix of remote working and the challenge of improving your technical skills while communicating directly with the client means that this role requires very strong English communication skills and a good level of self-confidence. Thus we encourage applications from candidates with a range of experiences, including career changers and those returning to work.
Also check out this video some of the team made to help you understand HappyPorch a little better.
What’s in it for you?
You will bring your experience, ideas and energy to the role. As part of a small, fun team you will be much more than just another cog in the wheel. There is a huge opportunity to further develop your technical & other skills.
A key part of our purpose is to contribute in a positive way to the world around us. Thus we dedicate a portion of their “on the job” time working on ‘pro-bono’ projects that have societal value. This might include open source development, charity projects or training and assisting other organisations.
We run on self management principles. This does not mean a completely flat hierarchy, any group of humans will have leaders. It does mean that we all input into how the company is run and everyone is invited to get involved and take on the level of responsibility that suits each of us. It also means that leadership is much more fluid than in a traditional company hierarchy.
We provide a lot of support and coaching to help you thrive in this environment and thus to do great work. Although it can be challenging, it is incredibly rewarding to be part of.
Location & Hours
This role is remote, much of the time you can work from anywhere – well almost – anywhere within 2 hours of the UK timezone. We are more interested in results than micromanaging which means we are very happy to talk about flexibility in your working hours. Some of our team enjoy a very structured day, others flex their work around family commitments.
Twice each year we meet-up for about a week to work together. Recent locations have included Morocco, Madeira, Bulgaria and Scotland. As well as being really useful it is a lot of fun, so we do all we can to help everyone join where it is possible.
We’re building new ways to interact with WordPress. They’re simple, fast, and highly usable. They’re written in the latest web technologies and are used by millions of people. We want your help to expand our reach and keep our approach fresh.
What have we worked on recently?
- Gutenberg is a new block-level editor with clean abstractions for users, too, not just developers.
- Jetpack is a plugin that brings cloud-scale features to self-hosted sites and our latest addition is Rewind, think git for WordPress sites.
- WooCommerce is the most popular e-commerce platform on the web
- To view more of our recent work, check out our longer product list on Automattic.com.
How do we work?
- We’re kind to each other and our users – we strive to build a positive, supportive, and inclusive culture of cohesive teams focused on delivering value to our customers.
- We work as a global and distributed workforce resulting in a unique way of working built around our creed.
- We offer flexible work arrangements allowing our team members to work when they feel best.
- We open-source! We’re cool with open-sourcing everything except passwords, or secret keys.
- We ship often, deploying many times daily with the help of peer code review, continuous integration, and our global workforce in over 70 countries.
- We welcome collaboration, and you can be involved in any discussion across our many communication channels.
- Familiarity with a server-side language like PHP, Ruby, or Python.
- A real passion for crafting experiences that users rave about.
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly, with maximum autonomy and teammates ready to support you.
- WordPress programming experience.
- Open source contributions or contributions to programs designed to help underrepresented people enter the tech field.
- Experience working on accessibility.
- Data analysis experience, and understanding of how analytics can help with product decisions.
- Knowledge of tooling and build systems.
Speaking of interests and skills, here are some areas in which you can grow and have further impact in the future at the company:
- Leadership – we offer a variety of leadership options to those who have interest, including becoming a team lead and managing releases.
- Learning and development – we have a generous personal development budget and encourage you to grow your skills through courses, books and conferences.
- Architecture – we encourage developers to develop expertise in the systems they work with, guide their evolution and mentor other developers working on them.
- Engineering effectiveness – we believe in helping other developers become more effective through tools, practices, cross-team collaborations, and process improvements.
Diversity & Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our D&I committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly D&I People Lab series for further learning. Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to [email protected] telling us about yourself and attach a résumé as a PDF. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Of note, if you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
What to Expect
We know applying to jobs can be stressful and we want to ease the stress by giving clear expectations up front about what to expect from our process. We’ve outlined everything you need to know here including all of the steps in the process as well as how we approach hiring. We’re always iterating so if you happen to join us in the process, please feel free to offer feedback on what else we can include there!
Get to know us
We create open source software that puts users in control over their online browsing experience. Our desktop and mobile products, such as Adblock Plus, Adblock Browser and Flattr, help sustain and grow a fair, open web, because they give users control while providing user-friendly monetization. Our most popular product, Adblock Plus (ABP), is currently used on over 100 million devices.
What you'll do
Fight bugs through automation and manual testing and help us ship high quality products! You’ll apply your QA expertise in the team that cares for web extension users on Firefox and Chromium-based browsers. Being an integral part of the team, you will be involved in the whole software development cycle, building quality in from the start.
After your morning coffee, you'll be expected to...
Perform own exploratory testing against our products to gain familiarity with the products and their similarities and differences
Run checklist tests against our products before releases
Respond to requests from and perform testing for the team
Create and keep up to date useful documentation and notes relating to the product and its testing
Set up and maintain automation for desktop and mobile apps
A little bit about you...
Extensive experience with software testing and quality assurance, preferably in a continuously changing environment
Knowledge of source code management tools like Git or Mercurial
Knowledge of basic web technologies (HTML, CSS, JS)
In depth experience with test automation
Experience collaborating remotely using mostly asynchronous communication methods on a distributed team
Independent but team-oriented work style
Outgoing proactive involvement in your teams
Excellent communication skills in English
It’s awesome, but not required, if you...
Have knowledge of additional scripting languages
Are familiar with device testing services like Google/Firebase test lab, AWS Device Farm, Browserstack or TestObject
Are familiar with code review processes
Have experience with development or testing of browser extensions
Have automation experience with native Windows apps
Osano is an Austin area, venture-backed, startup focused on creating transparency in data. All that stuff you keep reading about the shenanigans with companies mishandling people's data? That's what we are working on fixing.
Osano is a B-corp (public benefit corp) which means that, although we are a for-profit company, we are mission oriented and we wake up every morning with the goal of doing well by doing good.
Osano is hiring a Superstar Senior Front End React/Redux Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering team and build out our platform. You will be the lead front end developer for a rapidly growing team.
At Osano we value candidates from all walks of life and are focused on building a diverse team. If you are interested in being part of our inclusive, mission-driven, venture-backed tech startup, where you can do good and do well, say hi!
If you don't meet exactly meet all of the below requirements, don't let that keep you from applying! We are open minded and looking for people who are eager to learn and grow with us.
Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites.
Design and develop web application build, testing, and deployment processes.
Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, business users, project managers, and other engineers to efficiently deliver software solutions.
Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
Hands-on experience working with technologies like git version control, various front-end frameworks, and cloud infrastructure services.
Hands-on experience developing web applications against modern web service APIs (REST, GraphQL, etc.)
Ability to work with basic requirements to provide elegant designs and performant web application solutions.
Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
Experience with Scrum/Agile/XP development methodologies.
Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
We’re looking for a senior developer with FIVE (5) or more years of experience in the world of SaaS, has a BS degree in computer science or life experience equivalent, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
Experience with modern front-end development frameworks like React, AngularJS, Vue.js, etc. React w/ Redux experience is a definite plus.
Experience with build automation technologies like Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, etc. Experience with monitoring and error-handling services and tools, such as Rollbar, Sentry, DataDog, New Relic, etc.
Unlimited time-off policy
Meaningful stock ownership
Great Health Care
Remote work opportunity
B-corp with a mission that matters
Opportunity to define the culture
Hubstaff is a fast-growing startup in the time tracking and project management space that fully embraces remote work. You work when and where you want. We care a lot about our culture, having fun while working hard, and our annual retreats.
Here's a video from our last retreat that shows what it's like to work for Hubstaff. https://hubstaff.wistia.com/medias/9pyt01aemt
We are looking for a senior full-stack engineer who has several years of experience in both React and Ruby on Rails to join our passionate development team and work on our up and coming task management product.
The correct person will take pride in their work, have extreme attention to detail, and be able to get their hands dirty implementing Rails controllers, React components, and doing HTML & CSS front-end work.
This position will report to our Tasks team lead and work closely with our other engineers. You’ll be able to work 100% remotely. We are looking for someone that can grow with our team for years to come.
This is a long-term (years, our hope is forever) full-time (40 hrs/wk) 1099 (hourly) contract role. Some of the benefits of working for us is our company-hosted annual retreat, work where you want (cafe, co-working location, your home, anywhere), don't have to ask for permission when you want to take time off, get to dedicate yourself to one project at a time, and have job security and a career path for years to come (we've run the company using positive cash flow from day one and are carefully growing the team and business).
You’ll be a good fit if you:
- Are self-disciplined and have a great work ethic
- Have good time management skills
- Communicate well
- Can work until at least 1pm EST M - F
- Like having a consistent daily work schedule
- Have at least three years of React and five years of Ruby on Rails experience
Front-end Development Requirements:
- React & Redux
- Highly skilled with HTML & CSS
Backend Development Requirements:
- Ruby on Rails
- Postgres or MySQL
- Unit tests (rspec, Jest, etc.)
- Background workers (Sidekiq)
- Working from design docs/specifications & wireframes
- Service workers architecture
This Product Designer or Senior Product Designer position for our Compliance group is 100% remote.
A brief overview:
GitLab is building an open-source, single application for the entire software development lifecycle—from project planning and source code management to CI/CD, monitoring, and security.
We started 2019 with a team of 15 Product Designers and Researchers. Right now, we’re in a period of growth, we’ve more than doubled the size of the Product Design team, and we’ve increased the number of GitLab employees from 400 to over 1100 this financial year, too.
At GitLab, we live and breathe open source principles. This means our entire handbook is online, and with a few clicks, you can find the details of future releases, check out our past releases, and see an overview of the product vision you’d contribute to when working here.
As a Product Designer at GitLab, you will be embedded in our Compliance group. It’s a complex area where you’ll be tasked with improving the controls we provide to support our customers to help them manage their compliance posture within GitLab. You'll be designing new features and experiences to improve the quality of life for customers who operate within regulated environments.
- You’ll be tasked with bettering our product for users who rely on our compliance features. The work you’ll do will enable greater adoption of our product within the enterprise space and impact users across a range of industries, from healthcare to manufacturing.
- You’ll collaborate with a Product Manager to define the priorities, roadmap, and overall strategy for the future of Compliance within our product.
- You'll work alongside Product Managers and UX Researchers to understand the needs of our users to shape how compliance features underpin the work within regulated industries.
- You’ll come together with our Technical Writers to better our compliance documentation and in-product content.
- You’ll collaborate with cross-functional partners to uncover and understand the complexities and limitations of our current compliance tools, advocating for the end-user in all areas, including documentation, ease of use, and visualization of key messaging.
- You’ll utilize wireframes, prototypes, user flows, mockups, high-fidelity visual designs, or any other artifacts you believe are necessary to convey your design thinking and ideas.
- You’ll engage with our user base and the wider GitLab community to understand their pain points and work toward long-term fixes that enable them to succeed with their goals.
- You’ll undertake usability testing to validate your thinking, collaborate with our UX Researchers on generative research, and you’ll share findings with the wider team in our research repo, ensuring recommendations are communicated effectively across our organization.
- You’ll contribute compliance patterns to our Design System, alongside the rest of the UX department, and the GitLab community as a whole.
You’ll spend your time at GitLab collaborating with a cross-functional team. You may work on features that bring compliance checks into merge requests, a dashboard to give users insight into their overall compliance controls, or even build features that enable code to be audited, traceable, and reported on. To be successful, you’ll consider many edge cases while understanding the needs of a wide range of personas across a breadth of industries. Outside of work on our compliance tools, you’ll also contribute to our Pajamas design system and design culture here at GitLab.
What it’s like to work here at GitLab:
- You’ve got experience designing developer tooling, enterprise software, or complex web applications that are built for technical users.
- You’ve got some experience designing compliance experiences, or knowledge of the compliance industry.
- You’ve got experience working on product strategy and product design for a complex enterprise application or SaaS tool.
- You enjoy getting involved in research and usability testing, and you continually look to improve your user research abilities.
- You want to design for a complex product with technical users who have continually evolving needs.
- You’ve got experience applying your product design skills across user research, UX strategy, wireframing, prototyping, product strategy, and visual design, within a complex domain.
- The idea of playing a key part in the evolution of our Pajamas Design System is truly exciting to you.
- You understand frontend code or the limitations of frontend technology. You can demonstrate this through your hands-on coding skills with HTML/CSS/JS, your knowledge of Git, or by showing us you have a deep understanding of the needs of engineers you’ve worked with previously.
- Our values of collaboration, results, efficiency, diversity, iteration, and transparency resonate with you.
- You'll thrive in an environment where self-learning and self-service is encouraged and instilled as a part of our culture.
The culture here at GitLab is something we’re incredibly proud of. Because GitLabbers are currently located in over 60 different countries, you’ll spend your time collaborating with kind, talented, and motivated colleagues from across the globe.
Some of the benefits you’ll be entitled to vary by the region or country you’re in. However, all GitLabbers are fully remote and receive a "no ask, must tell" paid-time-off policy, where we don’t count the number of days you take off annually. You can work incredibly flexible hours, enabled by our asynchronous approach to communication. We’ll also help you set up your home office environment, pay for your membership to a co-working space and contribute to the travel costs associated with meeting other GitLab team members across the world. Also, every year or so, we’ll invite you to our Contribute event.
Our hiring process for this Product Designer position typically follows five stages. The details of this process, the expectations for Product Designers and Senior Product Designers, and the compensation for this role can be found in our job family page.
Last Call Media is looking for a well rounded PHP developer to join our team!
Last Call Media is looking for someone who understands just how flexible the PHP programming language can be, and enjoys, neh, is proud that the majority of the internet uses the PHP language.
The ideal candidate will have experience in PHP frameworks such as WordPress, Symfony, Drupal, CodeIgniter but also has been involved with big single PHP files with inline CSS/HTML/(My)SQL/PHP. Last Call Media is looking for an advocate of best practices and someone who is willing to be opinionated about what they believe in when it comes to building successful programming projects.
Last Call Media is a fully distributed company so you can work from anywhere, but we ask that you be able to commit to at least 5 hours of overlap with New York time (ET), Monday through Friday.
What you’ll do:
Review and analyze existing PHP sites for ways to improve and/or provide advice on how to migrate off antiquated monolith systems. Implement analyses from start to finish.
Work with clients to communicate how and why existing PHP code works or doesn’t.
Create and maintain product roadmaps, feature backlogs and product documentation, and user stories.
Understand who the end user of a project is and how to build and/or suggest front-end interfaces to help them accomplish their tasks as simply and practically as possible.
Participate in team and company retrospectives to help define and refine working agreements and processes to help us work more effectively together as a team.
What you’ll bring:
A proven track record of leading the delivery of digital products and services that delight customers.
3+ years of similar experience in a digital agency, consultancy, or equivalent setting where you were accountable to several client engagements.
An obvious drive to grow and learn from the highly-skilled team around you
Experience with large-scale open source web technologies (such as Drupal, WordPress, and React).
Experience and/or a desire to work remotely.
Ability to work efficiently, sometimes under tight deadlines
It’d be nice if you also had:
Front-end framework experience like ReactJS/AngularJS/VueJS
Relational database experience and understanding of how to improve DB performance
Server administration and/or setups like Apache/NodeJS/Nginx and a general comfortability in the Linux environment
Familiarity with Atlassian tools, such as Jira and Confluence.
All of us at LCM pride ourselves on being:
Able to empathize, which helps us understand the need of the client, the customer, the product, and the team at LCM.
Able to work independently
Comfortable asking for help
Experienced with communicating directly with clients
Eager and motivated to learn new concepts
A team player in a collaborative environment
A fast learner
Applicants should submit through the careers section a current resume and cover letter that includes links to a few digital products you completed recently and an answer to the following question: In 3-5 sentences please share a little about what, in your opinion, the biggest challenges are working at an all remote company. If you haven’t worked for an all remote company, please try and answer the question anyway! Lastly, while resumes and interviews are a great way to learn more about you, all candidates should be prepared to complete a brief hypothetical virtual recruitment exercise and submit reference(s) upon request.
To apply visit: https://lastcallmedia.com/careers
This position is compensated at a salary commensurate with skill and experience, with comprehensive benefits including an annual professional development budget, and varied, engaging work for enterprise-level clients. If this position already sounds like you or sounds like where you're headed, please reach out! Applicants should submit a current resume and cover letter through the careers section and should be prepared to submit a code sample(s) and reference(s) upon request.
Titan School Solutions is an EdTech startup that is on the fast track for growth and is changing the face of school nutrition. Our SaaS platform is recognized in the space for bringing state-of-the art efficiencies and real-time transparency into schools, all while remaining focused on the bigger outcome - helping K-12 students. Titan’s founders are school information technology veterans who have not only created a scalable and affordable solution but have also brought value into schools by delivering real results.
As we continue to sky rocket within this industry, we need a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our growing team and help us get there! We’re looking for someone who can see the larger opportunities within a startup, move at a fast pace, face a problem head on, and do it all while producing beautiful code.
If that sounds like your bread and butter, then APPLY HERE!
WHERE YOU WILL BE IN A YEAR
- ACCELERATE YOUR CAREER! - This is a transformational opportunity for someone who is looking to for their next challenge. You will manage, code and improve an already existing high trafficsystem while working in a fast-paced field that will expand your horizons and put you far above your peers.
- TRANSFORM AN INDUSTRY! - You will impact an antiquated industry that is ready for disruption. You will build and change the way school data is stored, utilized and used by students across the country.
- DRIVE TECHNICAL DECISIONS! You will research, evaluate and determine the technical direction for teams and projects throughout the organization.
- TRANSFORM AN INDUSTRY! - You will impact an antiquated industry that is ready for disruption. You will build and change the way school data is stored, utilized and used by students across the country.
- ACCELERATE YOUR CAREER!- You will be involved in an industry that is unlike any other. You will manage, code and improve an already existing high trafficsystem while working in a fast-paced field that will expand your horizons and put you far above your peers.
- DRIVE TECHNICAL DECISIONS! You will research, evaluate and determine the technical direction for teams and projects throughout the organization.
- Expert (3-5 years) with AngularJS or Angular 2+ or React Framework
- Expert (3-5 years) with .Net full framework and EF
- Expert (3-5 years) with SQL Server
- Strong experience (1-2 years experience) at TypeScript
- Strong experience (1-2 years experience) using responsive web frameworks
- Strong experience (1-2 years experience) with .NET Core and WebAPI
- Experience developing highly scalable and high performance production API driven web applications
- Experience with Hangfire is preferred
- Experience with Redis is preferred
- Experience working with large-scale distributed architecture
- Experience with unit/integration test frameworks and tooling such as NUnit/XUnit, Mocha/Jasmine and Fiddler is strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills, capable of conveying complex systems and logic to both technical and non-technical audiences
- A thirst for learning and a passion for new technologies, processes and patterns
- A passion to help engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers
- A drive to continuously improve both the team and the product
- Our stack: ASP.NET, WebAPI, MVC, Hangfire, C#, SQL Server 2017, Redis, Google Cloud Platform, Git, Angular, Vue.js, and Entity Framework
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO GET THERE
- Experience developing highly scalable and performant production REST API driven web applications using the ASP.NET(C#) and SQL Server tech stack.
- Strong experience using responsive web frameworks and CSS
- Experience with unit/integration test frameworks and tooling such as NUnit/XUnit, Mocha/Jasmine and Postman is strongly preferred
- Experience with .NET Core and Full Framework
- Excellent communication skills, capable of conveying complex systems and logic to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A thirst for learning and a passion for new technologies, processes and patterns.
- Experience working with large-scale distributed architecture is a plus.
- A passion to help engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers.
- A drive to continuously improve both the team and the product.
- Our stack: ASP.NET, WebAPI, MVC, Hangfire, C#, SQL Server 2017, Redis, Google Cloud Platform, Git, Angular, Vue.js, and Entity Framework
WHAT WE OFFER
At Titan School Solutions, we’re looking for bright, independent, self-motivated, and experienced people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for technology. Our compensation packages consist of salary and a full suite of benefits to support our growing team.
This position is available for remote employment in the United States.
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and performance.
- Health/Benefits: Medical, Dental, & Visual. 95% paid by employer!
- Unlimited PTO: We believe in work/life balance to reward our rock stars for delivering great results.
- 401K: We offer 100% upto 5% of salary.
- The Right Gear: All the bells and whistles you need to drive results.
- Ownership: You’ll be a crucial member of the initial build-out team, offering unlimited opportunity for growth and professional development.
At Kodify we manage several high traffic web platforms developed using the latest technologies and we work hard to provide the best experience for our users.
Your key responsibilities:
Create Server and Client JS, HTML & CSS to deliver required functionality and design
End-to-end responsibility from technical design to deployment and testing
Work with Designers & Product Owners to ensure they understand possibilities / limitations
Always work towards minimising page load time / API response times
Become a valued team member, providing feedback to the team
Take ownership of your code / tasks / role
Be proud of what you achieve, and of the product, and be one of the driving forces behind always making it better
When you cock-up - own-up! (We don’t do blame-storming here!)
Have fun and enjoy your job!
You’re a real team player. You love to help and find solutions together.
Your sense of humour will bring a new dynamic to the team - you love to have fun while you work!
You can think on your feet and adapt well to fast changing environments and priorities.
You are passionate about software development
You're able to think beyond code to architecture and user experience
You have a real ‘Can Do’ work ethic - We are results based, not clock based!
Skills & Requirements - Must Have:
Redux / Redux Observables (or RXJS)
Express / Connect
Your own open source projects
High traffic websites
Docker / Kubernetes / AWS Technologies (e.g. EC2, S3, Cloudformation, ..)
Streaming video technologies / Web playback tools (VideoJS)
Understanding of, and agreement with, Agile principles
Knowledge and experience in Git and JIRA
Experience working remotely and with remote teams
Experience managing high traffic and content heavy websites.
Education is compulsory, but where you got it is irrelevant for us! We are looking for someone who has worked in a similar role (or roles) for at least 3 years, and can show us examples of their work. We are not looking for a newbie, nor are we looking for a rockstar, we are looking for a mid to senior level developer who wants to both learn and contribute to our team.
Shogun (YC W18): a page builder platform for eCommerce stores. We're one of the most popular apps on Shopify and BigCommerce. Our fully remote team of +40 is located all around the world.
- Have sharp, pixel-perfect CSS skills
- Have a super high standard of quality
- Be super well organized
- Have some real-world code we can check out
- Have a lot of experience
Technologies you will use
- Ruby/Rails (nice to have)
- Solid pay
- Fully remote team (+13 countries just on the engineering team)
- Trips to international off-sites (next one in June/20)
- Health Benefits (US)
- Paid co-working space anywhere you want
- And more
Try out Shogun
If you want, you can use Shogun to get a feel for the product. We'd love to hear what you think. Here is how:
- Create a Shopify Developer Account: https://developers.shopify.com
- Create a development store: https://help.shopify.com/en/partners/dashboard/development-stores
- Install Shogun on your development store: https://apps.shopify.com/shogun
- Create a couple of pages. We will take a look.
We're Happy Cog (formerly Vector Media Group), a full service interactive agency that works on a wide variety of projects. Lots of those projects are made with Craft CMS: we're an official Craft Service Partner and have built some of the largest and most complex Craft sites out there. We've also been the Craft conference (Dot All) platinum sponsors for 2 years in a row.
While we already have a number of Craft developers on our team, we're looking for more. We’re a growing, distributed team of 65+ people headquartered in Manhattan's NoMad District with great clients (like Google, Airbnb, Twelve South, Etsy, The Associated Press, New York City, St. Regis, Columbia University, and WPP) and an incredible roadmap.
Our projects vary in size and often include features and functionality that go beyond traditional brochure sites with a simple CMS. We integrate our client’s sites with a variety of systems, services, and APIs, such as e-commerce, search engines, CRMs and marketing automation tools, digital asset management systems, ERP systems, and more.
You’ll be working on 3-4 projects at any time; typically one larger project and a few smaller projects to keep things fresh. We’re a fast-paced agency with a great team environment, so you’ll never get bored. We need someone who loves keeping up-to-date on the newest advancements in the field and can figure out when to start applying those advancements to client work. You'll work with other smart developers who can help you grow and challenge you, as well as help you along the way. You’ll also be communicating directly with clients and with our project managers to understand their requirements and present your work. Your job will be fun, challenging, and interesting.Responsibilities Will Include
- Building new applications, websites, and features with a variety of platforms including Craft CMS, Laravel, and more.
- Contributing to high-level architecture planning, consulting with our internal team on approach and level of effort, directing more junior developers.
- Flexing your muscles on aspects of application development outside of app code: database modeling, query optimization, setting up efficient logging and monitoring solutions, and other advanced requirements for highly functioning apps (you do not need to be a DBA/Systems Administrator/DevOps expert).
- Working closely with our front-end and back-end development teams on website projects. We’ll want and expect your input on the best ways to structure the build — from start to finish.
- Writing and maintaining clear documentation of your work, so that others on the team can pick up where you left off or learn from your experience on a project.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest development technologies and methodologies.
- Deep knowledge of PHP and web application architecture (experience with other languages, such as Python, Ruby, Node, etc. are a plus as well)
- Previous Craft CMS (or Expressionengine, Drupal, WordPress, other PHP-based CMS) experience
- Previous MVC framework experience, Laravel is strongly preferred.
- Ability to understand user behavior and intent, and use this information to build intuitive apps and websites for our clients.
- Knowledge of Git, we use it on all projects.
- Experience with AWS services is a plus.
- Ability to work and collaborate on a team with others.
- A creative environment to do the best work of your career.
- An amazing team of developers, designers, marketers, project managers, and the occasional four-legged office pet.
- Lunch paid for by the company, every day, via your own Seamless accounts (for on-site employees).
- Flexible hours.
- Flexible paid vacation policy.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- Retirement plan with company matching.
If you’re interested please apply as soon as possible, attention Jeremy Gimbel. Examples of your real-world work are more important than a perfect resume. If you worked on a project with a team, please tell us which parts you were responsible for.
Company OverviewAt Netlify, we're building a platform to empower digital designers and developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We're aiming to change the landscape of modern web development.
We’re a venture-backed company, and so far we've raised ~$45M from Andreessen Horowitz and Kleiner Perkins, Bloomberg, and prominent founders and professionals in our space.About the Position
We're looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead our team of engineers. Experience managing multiple teams and functions is valuable as you will be responsible for multiple teams owning different parts of our product.
The Senior Engineering Manager role will oversee the product services group which includes three teams and growing. In this role, you will have one Engineering Manager reporting to you to start and a few Individual contributors.
You should love helping your team grow and develop, taking care of their professional growth needs as well as quality of day-to-day work life.
You'll be a confident technical leader with the ability to facilitate conversations and decision-making within the team, as well as being an advocate for the team's work and needs. You'll direct the team and set priorities, setting best practices and goals to measure the success of the team.
You'll be responsible for hiring for the team and identifying skill areas we need to develop, with an eye to building a happy, healthy, diverse team of engineers.
You'll also work closely with other managers and leaders within the organisation to plan projects, schedule resourcing for those projects and identify risks due to staffing.
We have a main office in San Francisco, but we have a team spread all over the world, so remote applicants are welcome.Our Ideal Candidate
About the Company
- Experienced manager of a technical team
- Experience managing leads and/or Engineering Managers
- Familiar with the tool sets our engineers use (e.g. React, Redux, JS, HTML, CSS, Node.js)
- Ability to hire thoughtfully and quickly both engineers and managers
- Ability to develop the individual's skills and professional careers
- Can supervise work priorities and direction
- Can work with other leadership to set priorities and expectations
- Ability to work across multiple timezones with remote colleagues
- A desire to succeed personally through the success of the team
Netlify is a platform for developers to build, deploy, and manage modern web projects. Basically, it's an easy to use backend for your static website.
We aim to perfect a unified platform that automates code; creating highly-performant sites and web-apps. Users should be able to simply push their code and let us take care of the rest.
We have been building Netlify since 2015. About half of our 30+ member team works remotely, and we are serving over 280,000 developers who use Netlify around the globe.
Though our team is growing fast, we’ve managed to stay tight-knit while welcoming newcomers to the fold. We hail from around the globe with diverse backgrounds, and we strive to be thoughtful, caring, and collaborative in our work within and across teams. To learn more about our team and who we are click here.
We aim to create a company culture of empowerment where the best idea can come from anywhere, as we believe that empowered and engaged team members do the best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions for improvement—not just in your daily job, but in many other aspects of building a company. We don’t want you to work too hard (burnout is real), but we also want to encourage you to grow (impostor syndrome is also real)—and we’ll help you do that!
Netlify is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability, please do let us know what we can do to better accommodate you in our hiring process.Locations
About 63% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco. However to maintain a distributed culture we have Tuesdays and Thursdays as work from home days.Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, and equity. We encourage you to speak at conferences and will pay your attendance costs as you represent Netlify at these events.Applying
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
With your application, please include: A thoughtful cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify. A resume or short listing of job history. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine.)
When we receive your complete application with the items above, we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
As a digitally-focused management consultancy, we do more than strategy. From strategy and design to architecture and development, we deploy senior, cross-functional teams to work hip-to-hip in the trenches with client teams.
Founded in 2003, Intevity (previously Twin Technologies) is a full service, digitally-focused management consultancy based in Boston, MA with remote offices and employees throughout the eastern and central US (Baltimore, Chicago, D.C., New York). Intevity focuses on both Commercial and Public Sector clients, with deep expertise in retail, software, and government. Intevity has key vendor partnerships with Adobe, AWS, and Salesforce.
We work on all phases of projects, from early discovery and design to strategy to execution. We are known for our vulnerability-based culture, high levels of craftsmanship, innovation, and trust; being able to truly connect with the needs and spot the real reasons why an organization is being held back from achieving their goals.
We specialize in digital transformation in retail, software, and government. We align audiences, optimize processes and build custom, cutting-edge experiences on leading platforms—all while helping businesses increase velocity while reducing organizational risk.
As an agile company, Intevity is committed to continually growing and evolving with the market to provide an environment where creativity, leadership, mentoring, planning, and resources are in place to achieve our shared goals.
The Full-stack Developer will serve as part of a development team supporting both established projects and creating from the ground up. The ideal candidate is an experienced leader and team player who is adept at both frontend and backend web development. They are passionate about technology and committed to lifelong learning, possessing the ability to apply their technical knowledge, skills and experience to solve complex/real-world problems.
• 1+ years software engineering experience
• Must have experience designing complex software solutions
• Exposure to all aspects of modern web application architectures, visual design, and mobile web development
• Versatility developing with multiple front-end and back-end technologies (Example: ES.Next, TypeScript, Go, React, GraphQL, SCSS/LESS, Python/Bash scripting)
• Experience with a variety of data systems such as SQL, NoSQL, Stream Processing and Distributed Key-Value Stores
• Familiar with REST API schema formats, such as: OpenAPI/Swagger, GraphQL and ProtoBuf
• Experience with running and defining Docker containers
• Familiar with Kubernetes resource APIs and related CLI tools
• Comfortable using and configuring software on Linux based operating systems
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Has experience working from home on distributed teams in a remote model
• Willingness and ability to travel to our client sites when necessary (rare)
• Contract position to start which could lead to a full-time role
Being remote allows our employees to live where they want to. It means being able to have the lifestyle that you choose. Working remotely is not for everyone but it allows us to spend less time commuting and more time on the things that really matter. We believe this is essential to supporting a workforce that can achieve a healthy work-life balance.
What does this mean for you? You get to work from where you need or want to work. Each team member is provided the tools, infrastructure, and support to create a productive, professional work from home office environment. We observe and operate standard East Coast working hours to support the majority of our clients and our teammates. We also provide some flexibility for daily schedules to accommodate one’s personal obligations to home and family life.
We recognize that working remotely isn’t always easy; the remote work model encourages independent thinking but requires increased professional accountability and self-discipline. We are an outcome-focused team and work to get the job done. We champion a culture of transparency and openness.
While travel is part of the job requirement to service clients and team build, we ensure it is asked for and planned as thoughtfully as possible. Travel amounts do vary by engagement, but in this role/project, a full-stack developer can expect the travel to be very light. MAYBE once per quarter, if that.
Intevity offers a competitive and comprehensive employee compensation and benefits package that includes base salary, medical, dental and vision insurance, long and short-term disability insurance, life insurance, 401k program with company match, and an open PTO plan.
Intevity is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
At Medium, words still matter. We are building a place to foster reading and writing on the internet—a place where today’s smartest writers, thinkers authorities, experts, and storytellers can share big, interesting ideas; a place where ideas are judged on the value they provide to readers, not the fleeting attention they can attract for advertisers.The Platforms teamThe Platforms team is tasked with enabling our product engineers to quickly build a quality user experience. We do that by giving those teams tools and frameworks to build great user experiences.Much of the Platforms team's recent work has been around shepherding new technologies into Medium's stack: We have a web client written in modern React (with hooks, if you're curious) and TypeScript. We have enjoyed adopting GraphQL to add clarity to our API, manage changing client needs, and take advantage of third party tooling like Apollo Client. We have a modern design system & styling framework using CSS-in-JS & Storybook. And we are growing our fleet of Go services speaking gRPC, deployed on Kubernetes, and released with our own K8s operator.That's where you come in:We're looking for Staff- or Principal-leveled engineers who like to:Write software — That might be writing a new framework, making a design system component accessible, or writing a Slack integration that saves engineers time.Support fellow engineers — We listen to product engineering teams and collaborate with them. After all, they're our users, and they're the ones who ultimately help Medium's users read and write things that matter. When we empathetically understand what they need, it makes us better at our job.Advocate for & design solutions — We provide high-level technical design, strategy roadmap development, and technical architecture related to our web client.Follow & engage with the community — We want to assure that our architectures are consistent with industry including scalability, availability, maintainability, and flexibility.Understand technical debt — There are also some older and less glamorous technologies at Medium, too. Part of your responsibility will be enabling engineers to account for technical debt and make progress against it — all while building new systems and user features.WHO ARE YOU?
- You are an expert in at least one modern web application framework (React, Angular, Vue, etc.)
- You have 5+ years of experience writing software.
- You want to learn from and teach your peers.
Nice, but not required:
- You work autonomously, are energized by missions and goals more than a specific list of tasks.
- You have 10+ years of experience.
- You understand web accessibility and have shipped accessible products.
- You have an understanding of React's internals.
What makes Medium specialAt Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun yet challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media.Medium is an equal opportunity employer. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- You have experience on an infrastructural or platform team.
Alpha (alphahq.com) is a venture-backed and growth-stage company based in New York, NY whose on-demand insights platform empowers clients to rapidly validate growth opportunities. Our clients use Alpha to accelerate experimentation, inform business decisions with customer wants and needs, deliver and scale agile research capabilities, and develop better products faster. By integrating traditionally manual tasks like audience sourcing, concept designing, test scripting, and data reporting, the platform accelerates time-to-insight from months to hours.
In short, we’re the fastest way for organizations to learn more about their future customers.
We’re looking for engineers who are curious about product development and consumer behavior, want to work on related challenges, and value opportunities to explore new technologies that execute against a robust, collaborative product vision. We use Ruby, NodeJS, VueJS, Postgres, Mongo, Redis and many other technologies, but we don't think it matters if you've used similar technologies on a different stack. Our engineering teams tackle a diverse and evolving array of challenges; from architecting and scaling our microservices to handling real- time video and using machine learning and natural language processing to empower real world business solutions. This position is fully remote, though there may be occasional travel to our NYC (SoHo) office.
Joining a quickly growing, diverse team of engineers in building solutions to some of the most common challenges facing businesses today.
Building purposeful end-to-end solutions that put yourself in the shoes of our users.
Working with a wide range of platforms and technologies to own and solve problems.
Collaborating with experts across our organization to design platform features with an eye toward usability and simplicity.
Continuously integrating feedback from users into new products and features.
Providing feedback to the team in an effort to discover and shape best practices.
2+ years of experience working in fast-paced environment.
Significant experience building MVC and/or state-driven UIs, preferably with Vue.js or React, and have a productive relationship with CSS
Professional experience with some database technology such as SQL or Mongo.
Desire to make a huge impact at a growing startup in NYC serving some of the largest and most influential brands in the world.
You can work well both independently and with a team, and have strong communication skills.
You enjoy venturing outside your comfort zone and experimenting with new technologies.
Nice if you have experience in: Python (Flask, SpaCy), SVG and Canvas, WebRTC , Web Sockets, Heroku, AWS (S3, Elastic Transcoder, Others), Electron
Robust health benefits including medical, dental, and vision
Open vacation policy & flexible work schedule
Competitive salary and equity
Weekly team lunches and a diverse, friendly culture
Open Dog Policy at the office
Autonomy and room to grow as a professional
D2iQ is seeking a full-time or part-time contract software engineer to be responsible for updating, improving, and maintaining our customer documentation website, technologies and tools.
- Experience owning a project from gathering requirements and proposing a design to testing the implementation.
- Extensive experience with version control systems (Perforce, Git), must be able to debug.
- Experience writing CSS for websites.
- Experience with Jekyll or another static site generator.
- Excellent scripting skills with Bash/sh, Ruby, Perl, or Python.
- Prior experience working with Mac OS, Linux and/or UNIX environments. Experience programming, using the command-line, trying out user interfaces.
- Extensive experience in Markdown.
- Experience creating workflows for content development and management
- Experience with continuous integration (Jenkins, Team City) and Build
- Experience with containerization
- Knowledge of these a plus:
- Automation. (Ant, Maven, Gradle, SBT) , especially building customized CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience developing functional and performance test frameworks on continuous integration tools, such as writing plugins.
- Familiar with content management approaches and concepts.
- Familiar with docs-as-code model.
- Experience administering a Content Management System.
- BA/BS degree in computer science, or equivalent experience.
D2iQ is looking for a contractor/consultant to:
About D2iQ - Your Partner in the Cloud Native Journey
- Act as a PO/PM and:
- Assess the needs of the documentation site.
- Choose a tech stack.
- Design and code the components to enable the user experience needed to handle and navigate 3+ versioned products, and their services catalogs (which are also versioned), and expand this to new products
- Advise on git workflows for documentation development.
- Code the system to work with markdown files for our engineers and pull files from multiple repos, write tests the site, write the docker scripts to containerize it and deploy to jenkins or similar CI/CD pipeline and get it deployed to either a paid service like Netlify or Heroku, or to the company production cluster, in order to ensure a set min of uptime.
- Write a guide for how docs now get contributed, what those build processes are, and write tests to validate the content coming in so that we don't worry so much about formatting issues or language use or files in the wrong places.
- Work with the existing UX team to update the CSS of the docs website.
- Advise on a replacement static site generator.
- Advise on a WYSIWIG for Markdown.
- Advise on a new search engine for content.
- Help evaluate and choose a reporting tool that works with JIRA and GitHub.
- Implement automation where there are opportunities to use it.
- Advise on tool to automatically update links in new versions.
On your journey to the cloud, you need to make numerous choices—from the technologies you select, to the frameworks you decide on, to the management tools you’ll use. What you need is a trusted guide that’s been down this path before. That’s where D2iQ can help.
D2iQ eases these decisions and operational efforts. Rather than inhibiting your choices, we guide you with opinionated technologies, services, training, and support, so you can work smarter, not harder. No matter where you are in your journey, we’ll make sure you’re well equipped for the road ahead.
Backed by T. Rowe Price, Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, D2iQ is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Hamburg, London, and Beijing.
Anywhere within 2 hours of the UK timezone.
- enjoy solving problems and are constantly looking to learn and improve
- are outstanding at communicating both verbally and in written English (and more than tech-speak!)
- are detail oriented and meticulous about quality
Also check out this video some of the team made to help you understand HappyPorch a little better.
What’s in it for you?
Location & Hours
BEE (https://beefree.io) - MailUp Group’s Business Unit that develops and markets a popular drag-&-drop email builder - is looking for a Customer Support Engineer to join the team in North America.
As a Customer Support Engineer, reporting directly to the Support & Community Manager of the business unit, your role will be to help in the adoption and use of BEE Plugin, the embeddable version of our email editor. Over 500 software companies around the world have already decided to license and embed BEE instead of developing their own drag-n-drop editor because by doing so they save time, money, and all the complexity of creating & managing a new product.
Your core responsibilities will be:
Assist prospects in the discovery of BEE Plugin features, at a technical level.
Help new customers in the implementation of the editor within their SaaS application.
Support existing customers when their support requests are escalated to you.
Help the development team by performing technical troubleshooting on those escalated tickets.
You will carry them out by:
Becoming an expert user of BEE Plugin, the embeddable version of the BEE editor.
Becoming very familiar with the sample code that prospects use to build Proof Of Concepts with BEE Plugin, and contribute to the code base, whenever able to do so.
Becoming intimately familiar with - and a contributor to - BEE Plugin technical documentation, which helps prospects understand the potential of the product & build prototypes with it, and helps customers implement the software in their SaaS applications.
Identifying and troubleshooting issues that prospects and new customers are reporting while integrating BEE Plugin, resolving as many as you can on your own, and escalating them when needed to the engineering team as bugs, or to the product team as product feedback.
Interact with prospects and customers remotely through a variety of channels used by the company, which include: phone calls, video calls, Slack chats, support tickets (Zendesk), threads in the Community portion of our Web site, questions posted to the technical documentation site, and more.
Collaborating with the Sales, Support, Development & Product teams to deliver a user experience to our prospects and customers that’s as seamless as possible.
Providing the product and engineering team with continuous feedback, which includes opening detailed bug reports in the bug tracking system (JIRA).
What we offer
BEE stands for "Best Email Editor" and that's the original, ambitious goal chosen for this project. Made with lots of passion between the United States and Italy, BEE is becoming a standard for digital content creation, starting with emails (“beautiful emails, fast”, is one of our tag lines). The editor is used by hundreds of thousands of people every month at beefree.io and embedded in over 600 SaaS applications.
When you join our company, you can expect:
Full time work in a fast growing, exciting project with worldwide recognition as a market-leader in our industry.
A dynamic team, geographically dispersed (Italy, USA), working with a startup mindset.
Flexibility: trust is one of our values and we strongly believe in results and in the continuous feedback culture.
Yearly team retreat, often in Italy (in 2019 the BEE team retreat was here).
Many opportunities for professional development through your daily exposure to marketing-leading products, and also through access to online training resources (free, unlimited course subscription to Udemy) and offline events (attendance to conferences, etc.).
Competitive salary plus incentive-based compensation.
Health insurance benefits;
401K plan with employer matching;
Commuter benefits, and many other benefits.
The legal name of the BEE business unit is MailUp, Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MailUp SPA (MailUp Group’s head legal entity). MailUp, Inc. is headquartered in Oakland, California.
What we are looking for
Computer science degree or equivalent experience.
3+ years of experience as a full-stack Web developer.
2+ years of experience in a customer-facing technical role: technical support, product support, training, etc.
Outstanding communication skills: you love interacting with both customers & team members, in writing or in person/video call.
Outstanding writing skills: you enjoy explaining things to people in writing, providing examples, how-to’s, and ensuring that the message gets across.
Troubleshooting skills: you enjoy finding the cause behind a specific problem, explaining it to others, and working with others to help find a solution.
Organizational skills: you like working independently and are able to organize your activities without supervision.
Experience with customer support software like Zendesk is a plus.
Experience with B2B SaaS is a major plus.
Location & Travel
North America (US or Canada). We have an office in Oakland, CA, but you can work remotely as well.
If you work remotely, we may ask you to join us in Oakland (or another location) for in-person sessions from time to time.
Some travel may be required to help at our booth when we sponsor a conference.
Some travel will be required for our yearly team retreat. Between travel and meeting time, the retreat typically requires about a week of your time. We will provide ample notice so that you can plan for it.
At Railroad19, Inc. we develop customized software solutions and provide software development services.
We are currently seeking a talented Sr. Front-End Developer (React focused) with a full stack awareness, to join our world-class team of developers assigned to work on a new project. This role will be responsible for contributing to the development and implementation of the front-end solution for our client. In addition to contributing code and tangible deliverables, the role is expected to work as an adviser to help identify, educate, and foster best-in-class solutions. Creating these relationships requires strong communication skills and some travel to the customer.
At Railroad19, you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed. We are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team of remote developers across the US. Railroad19 provides competitive compensation with excellent benefits and a great corporate culture.
The role is remote - U.S. located, only full time (NO- contractors, Corp-to-Corp or 1099).
- Foster strong relationships with key stakeholders and provide expertise as well as customer service to meet a wide variety of requirements
- Quickly provide insight and options to front-end challenges
- Collaborate with Product Managers and business teams to create consumer-like, elegant, intuitive experience for enterprise users
- Contribute both technically and in an advisory role to projects
- Develop and manage extensible, stable code bases for a variety of applications
- Provide front-end architecture and aesthetic thought leadership
- Stay current with the fast-changing landscape of React
- Evaluate frameworks, technology, platforms, and tooling solutions
- Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify root cause, and proactively implement sustainable corrective actions
Skills & Experience:
- Significant experience with the React eco system (Flux, Flow, Redux, routing, etc)
- Experience front-end tooling workflows: Node.js (NPM), WebPack, Create React App, Flow, Babel, TypeScript, etc
- Strong understanding of debugging for the browser
- Experience with Responsive Web Design (RWD) patterns
- Can-do Ability to work on other technology as needed
- Experience with unidirectional data flow patterns
- Full Stack awareness, but this role is front-end based
- Experience with data integration; understanding/experience with RESTful API design and/or WebSockets
- Working in an Agile environment
- Strong team-building, vendor and customer relations skills
- GIT and GitHub
- Strong communication skills (wireframes, rapid prototypes, PoC’s, white boarding)
- Experience maintaining and extending a style guide for scalability and cross application usage
Nice to Have, but not Required
- React Native
- WebWorkers experience
- ServiceWorkers experience
- Experience using TypeScript 2.x
- Experience with RxJS or other Reactive programming techniques/libraries
- PWA experience
Effin Amazing, a kick-ass Marketing Technology, and Marketing Analytics consultancy, is in search of a Senior UX Designer, Front End Developer with a passion for design, marketing, Wordpress & front end development.
We support businesses with analytics, marketing automation, customer data platforms, data piping, websites, AB testing and all sorts of marketing operations. As we derive insights from these technical efforts, we also inform growth strategies that routinely move the needle for our clients.
Our track record is impeccable, and our leadership has supported some of the fastest-growing companies in the world. Effin Amazing’s core client base sells online and has complex data and marketing practices that drive our team to dig deeper every day.
This is a high-impact role that works closely with Effin Amazing’s clients. You will be working in an entrepreneurial, start-up environment where deadlines and time management are a must. This is a senior-level role, and we are looking for a curious, highly communicative, hard working peer to join us in our dedicated effort to be the best marketing technology consultancy there is.
The Designer/Developer we hire will have strong experience in Wordpress theme building and plugin development. You will develop, launch, and maintain websites and systems for our growing client base. They will also be a great designer who will apply their passion for brand, craft and design fideltiy to guide the design process to create delightful high converting digital experiences.
The successful candidate will demonstrate proficiency in design, development and programming. They will be able to make a meaningful contribution from day one and will be comfortable working with team members of all levels and departments within the organization. You will be willing to share your questions, opinions and insights with clients and teams in order to affect decision making and solutions. You will be challenged on a daily basis to solve problems in a new and creative way as we continually add new products and services to the company.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
At least 1 years of experience working from home/Remote
At least 6 years of experience with UX/UI Design (Photoshop, Skitch, Illustrator)
At least 6 years of experience with building WordPress themes and WordPress plugin development. Experience with WordPress Network Sites is a plus.
Ability to write clean code and follow coding standards
Ability to work in a team setting and able to adapt at a moment's notice.
Develop and maintain complex WordPress-based applications
Implement complex features using modern PHP code and patterns while following standards
Develop in WordPress widgets, plugins, custom post types, and page templates.
Comprehensive understanding of what it takes to write secure and performant code
Proven expertise of Object Oriented Principles, software development life cycle, and best practices.
Experience with continuous integration and automated deployment pipelines
Experience using Git
Mixpanel, Amplitude, and Segment
Google Tag Manager
Optimizely, VWO or Google Optimize
Experience building marketing landing pages
Quick learner that can adapt to an ever-changing startup environment
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Excellent communication skills (speaking, listening, and writing)
Positive and energetic personality
Fearless with a willingness to try new ideas and concepts
Organized, efficient, and ready to get stuff done
Autonomous and driven
Scrappy and resourceful
Benefits of Working for Effin Amazing
Radically Transparent workplace
Training from some of the best in the business
Ample opportunity to implement your ideas and suggestions
Become a thought leader in the marketing technology community
Build products with us
Work from Home
We're currently extending our tribe and are looking for an experienced front end developer that loves crafting beautiful web and mobile apps. If you're looking for a position where you can work in a friendly but highly effective team, contribute directly to product development and really make a difference in the business (and be rewarded for it) we should talk!
You have a Bsc/MsC in computer Science, mathematics or any other degree or experience that demonstrates highly analytical skills
You've got a successful experience working for a startup
You've helped your team build a great B2B/SaaS (rather complex) product and can demonstrate your direct contribution in achieving this
4-6 years experience designing and developing web and mobile apps with at least 2 years experience working with our technology stack (e.g. html5/CSS3, Angular JS, React JS)
You can demonstrate very strong design skills applied to SaaS products
You’re very good at understand business customers problems and you're pretty creative at finding solutions to solve them.
You own your features from A to Z and can ship the features expected with clean code, quickly.
You understand the importance of customer analytics and are familiar with the tools and techniques to analyse customer behaviour and improve product UI.
You're very comfortable with customer facing interactions (e.g. customer feedback or ideation sessions, demos)
Personality traits we’ll be looking for:
You've got tons of curiosity
You learn insanely fast and adapt to change easily
You've demonstrated grit, tenacity to achieve challenging goals (personal and/or at work)
High EQ: you communicate well and can get along with all our team members (rather they're in product or growth parts of the business)
You have strong work ethic and are autonomous
NICE TO HAVES
Experience with finance/accounting, CRM or other B2B data-rich apps
You speak another foreign language (e.g. French, German, Spanish, Italian)
We believe a small team of rock stars can accomplish at least 10x more than an average team so we recruit very selectively and for the right candidate our salary/compensation package can be pretty competitive. We also offer flexible/remote working conditions however team get-togethers are required from time to time, especially during your onboarding (expect somewhere fun in South Europe, but that's a surprise!), so you need to be opened to travel on a regular basis.
PLEASE NOTE: We currently accept remote work only from the UK and Europe.
The online presence of a merchant’s business starts with their website. At Shopify, we understand how a great theme can affect the livelihood of our merchants. As a Theme Specialist you will be a part of a multi-disciplinary team that focuses on many aspects related to helping merchants customize their Shopify themes and troubleshooting theme related issues. We are looking for individuals who can use their communication and technical skills to support our merchants, both in helping them directly with their requests, and by creating education and material for them to reference. Our team adapts to anything that is thrown their way, and we are constantly collaborating to solve issues that affect themes with other teams and departments.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Helping merchants customize their Online Store
- Identifying bugs and theme improvements for our Themes
- Develop ways to better equip our Support teams for any Theme related questions
- Improve documentation to reduce Theme related support debt
- Working with PSN, Sustaining Engineering, Themes, Online Store and Theme Partner Manager teams to resolve Theme bugs and improve Product
- Contributing to critical projects within Theme Support as well as cross organizational, that contribute to the overall merchant experience
- Know HTML and CSS like the back of your hand
- Have experience creating/modifying themes or web templates (e.g.: Wordpress, Tumblr, Liquid)
- Have customer service experience. This could be anything from working as a Shopify Guru, working with clients on large scale design projects, or a retail job at Old Navy or Dunnes Stores
- Familiarity with the Liquid templating language
- Experience using CSS preprocessors (e.g.: SCSS, LESS) and/or build tools (e.g.: Grunt, Gulp)
- Have a working knowledge of jQuery (i.e.: do you understand what $(“.hello”).text("text”); does?)
- Knowledge of version control systems like Git or SVN
- Detail oriented, open and ongoing communication
- Thrives in an operationally autonomous environment
Working at Shopify is unique, and we’d like our application process to reflect that! If you want to be the next Shopify Theme Specialist, please attach a detailed cover letter outlining why you think you’d have a positive impact on our team and providing links to any technical or design portfolios you may have. In your letter, please also indicate which region you’re applying from.In addition, please complete one of the following skill testing tasks:Create a Shopify development store and install one of our free themes. Modify that free theme to do something the theme doesn’t normally do. Explain why a merchant may want that modification, how it would help them grow their business, and how you approached making the changes in the code files.ORCreate a one-page, responsive website that sells yourself and your skills to Shopify. This is a free-form opportunity to show off your technical skills in whatever way you choose, so make sure to include examples of your HTML/CSS/jQuery abilities and your eye for contemporary design trends.Location: Republic of Ireland - RemoteClosing Date: Friday, January 28th at 5pm GMT
- Takes ownership over problems and collaborates on solutions
Vivante Health is a disruptive, innovative and life-changing startup, focused on improving health and quality of life for those with invisible, stigmatizing and isolating chronic conditions. We are starting with a focus on digestive disorders (GIThrive®), using real human interaction and scalable technologies (along with patented devices) to provide an invaluable careteam (pharmacist, advocate "Sherpa", psychosocial expert, and clinical dietician) 24/7/365, to a population that badly needs resources and help. Over 70 Million people in the US have digestive disorders, which is double the number of people living with diabetes. We are the first and only company providing coordinated care for digestive health. We are not only improving the health of millions of Americans, but we are also GREATLY reducing the cost of care for those with gut issues.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Acquisition team at Vivante Health is seeking a junior graphic/digital designer to produce collateral geared toward lead generation and lead nurturing, as well as supporting needs for the sales team. The ideal candidate will be someone with strong graphic and web design skills, an understanding of brand consistency and the ability to work within brand guidelines, and experience designing a variety of content types including marketing emails, landing pages, white papers, brochures/one-sheets, web graphics & illustrations, presentations, and display ads. An ability to handle multiple projects at once, as well as quickly iterate designs based on feedback is a must.
- Design sales enablement tools, marketing collateral, materials & signage for events, proposal templates, powerpoint templates and presentations, marketing html emails, display ads, and other marketing & communications materials as needed, adhering to brand guidelines and based on project specifications/requirements
- Act as the first and last line of defense against brand creep; own the style guide and ensure that all materials are on-brand
- Meet with internal clients to understand design needs; review creative briefs and determine requirements
- Work with copywriter and content manager to produce layouts and final designs
- Schedule projects and define timelines
- Produce drafts for review by internal clients and management; make revisions based on feedback received
- Propose graphics for testing digitally and revise based on performance
- Review final productions for errors and ensure a high standard of quality
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts, or related field
- 2-3 years experience in graphic or web design
- A strong portfolio of design work, including a variety of print and digital assets: powerpoint presentations, brochures/PDFs, email, banners, etc.
- Strong understanding of branding & ability to design materials that adhere to brand style guidelines
- Highly skilled with Adobe Creative Cloud/Creative Suite
- Basic HTML & CSS or experience building HTML emails
- Detail-oriented and a keen eye for aesthetics
- Excellent communication skills; ability to conceptualize visuals based on requirements and present ideas to management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects at once
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience working remotely
- Experience working for a B2B organization
- Understanding of or experience with designing for accessibility
Please include a link to an online portfolio or portfolio samples in your application.
This job description is not intended to be complete or limiting. The role will require a proactive and flexible approach to manage tasks. Vivante Health is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is remote.Responsibilities
Designer, Product StrategyResponsibilities
- Create interactive prototypes of the future; telling a story that conveys our vision and strategy.
- Cut down moonshots into iterable issues; deliver first MVCs.
- Help to define and improve the interface and experience of GitLab.
- Design features that fit within the larger experience and flows.
- Create deliverables (wireframes, mockups, prototypes, flows, etc.) to communicate ideas.
- Work with Product Managers and Engineers to iterate on and refine the existing experience.
- Involve UX Researchers when needed, and help them define research initiatives (usability tests, surveys, interviews, etc.).
- Stay informed and share the latest on UI/UX techniques, tools, and patterns.
- Understand responsive design and best practices.
- Have knowledge and understanding of design systems theory and practice.
- Have a general knowledge of Git flow (feature branching, etc.), merge/pull requests, pipelines, and code testing.
Senior Product Designer
- Deeply understand the technology and features of the stage group to which you are assigned.
- Actively evaluate and incorporate feedback from UX Research, and conduct evaluative research with guidance from the UX Research Team and/or Senior Product Designers.
- Help create strategic deliverables like journey maps, storyboards, competitive analyses, and personas.
- Create well-designed tactical deliverables, like wireframes and prototypes, to communicate your ideas.
- Proactively identify both small and large usability issues within your stage group.
- Participate in Design Reviews, giving and receiving feedback in an appropriate way.
- Actively contribute to the [Pajamas Design System][pajamas].
- Break down designs to fit within the monthly release cadence, engage your team to review designs early and often, and productively iterate across milestones. Prioritize your tasks, even when deadlines seem overwhelming, and ask for help, as needed.
- Participate in and help drive product discovery to generate ideas for features and improvements.
- Take part in the monthly release process by reviewing and approving UX implementations.
Everything in the Product Designer role, plus:
- Have working knowledge of the end-to-end GitLab product.
- Proactively identify strategic UX needs within your stage group, and engage other Product Designers within your stage group to help you create deliverables like journey maps, storyboards, competitive analyses, and personas.
- Proactively identify both small and large usability issues within your stage group, and help influence your Product Manager to prioritize them.
- Proactively identify user research needs, and conduct evaluative research with guidance from the UX Research team.
- Broadly communicate the results of UX activities within your stage group to the UX department, cross-functional partners within your stage group, and other interested GitLab team-members using clear language that simplifies complexity.
- Mentor other members of the UX department, both inside and outside of your stage group.
- Engage in social media efforts, including writing blog articles, giving talks, and responding on Twitter, as appropriate.
- Interview potential UX candidates.
- Interactive prototypes created
- Moonshots landed
More job information, including pay can be found on the Product Strategy Job Family Page.
What is Pathrise?
Pathrise (YC W18) is an online program for tech professionals that provides 1-on-1 mentorship, training and advice to help you land your next job. On top of that, we're built around aligned incentives. You only pay if you succeed in getting hired and start work at a high-paying job first.
Everyday we are expanding our team and our services. We are looking for sharp, scrappy and fun individuals who are ready to jump in (head first) into a new role with us. We are a small team and we love working together to improve our fellows chances of getting the job of their dreams! If this sounds like something you'd be interested in we want to talk to you.
We seek to uplift job seekers in their careers and help them fulfill their hopes, ambitions and livelihoods. Read more about why we’re driven to do this in our manifesto.
Working for Pathrise is a great opportunity to work with our tight knit engineering, product, and design teams to improve the future of career services by helping to build the education platform and curriculum that supports our fellows. A large portion of this role will also be handling admissions, mentoring, instruction and other curriculum processes in a “teaching assistant” type position. It will be a combination of functional work and supporting the instruction staff. Depending on each candidate’s qualifications, this position could also be approached as a contract or contract-to-hire role as well.
What you'll do
Design a centralized LMS/accountability web-based platform to optimize all of the custom workflows we have with Pathrise fellows
Ideating, scoping, and prioritizing new product features that are high value
Working closely with growth to build optimal marketing and branding materials
Review industry evaluations and handle admissions conversations with potential fellows
Contribute to curriculum and teaching sessions and workshops
Handle fellow queries for job search support and interview practice
Passionate about education and career development
0-2 years of experience in industry as a Product Designer or in a related field
Experience with user research
A strong portfolio that showcases strong design sense and frontend engineering
Entrepreneurship or small startup experience
Strong mentoring company culture
Team lunch in the office
Access to Pathrise’s world class career accelerator curriculum
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.
If you are also interested in the fellowship, please apply here: https://www.pathrise.com/apply.
Senior Product Designer
We have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. Elastic is the leading software provider for making structured and unstructured data usable in real time for search, logging, security and analytics use cases. Since its initial release in 2012, Elastic's products have achieved more than 100 million cumulative downloads. Today thousands of organizations like Cisco, eBay, Dell, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, HP, Microsoft, Netflix, NY Times, Uber, Verizon, Yelp, and Wikipedia use the Elastic Stack, X-Pack, and Elastic Cloud to power critical systems that drive new revenue opportunities and massive cost savings. We believe that diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.Engineering Philosophy
Engineering a highly complex distributed system that is easy to operate via elegantly designed APIs is a non-trivial effort. It requires solid software development skills, and more importantly, a sharp mind and the ability to think like a user. We also care deeply about giving you full ownership of what you’re working on. Our company fundamentally believes great minds achieve greatness when they are set free and are surrounded and challenged by their peers, which is clearly visible in our organization. At Elastic, we effectively don’t have a hierarchy to speak of. We feel that anyone needs to be in the position to comment on truly anything, regardless of his or her role within the company.What You'll be Doing:
What You've Done:
- Provide product designs & prototypes.
- Maintain our Sketch library and keep parity once your designs are coded.
- Provide design recommendations and support through code review for a large team.
- 5+ years of design experience working on complex web applications or SaaS products.
- Experience with Sketch, specifically in the context of developing a design system.
- Facility with thinking in terms of systems, marked by an ability to make design decisions that scale and result in reusable patterns, palettes, and components.
- Considers how low-level design decisions affect the big picture and the future evolution of the UX.
- A positive attitude and a matching commitment to innovate
- The ability to code your designs in HTML and Sass or a similar preprocessor.
- General terminal and git/GitHub skills.
- Familiarity with JS frameworks like React or Angular.
- Some understanding of Dev ops, business analytics or security mindsets and needs.
- A love for animation. Familiarity with tools like Pivotal, Framer or CSS animations is a big advantage.
- Experience building accessible designs.
- Deeply competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, benefits
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with employees all over the world, some even fly south for the winter :)
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
// ABOUT THE ROLE
HASH is seeking an experienced UI/UX Designer to spearhead the build of its open-source simulation platform.
We're looking for somebody who can create beautiful visuals and functional, well conceived interfaces for the web and mobile. You’ll be familiar with designing and documenting complete design systems and their component parts.
We place a strong emphasis on user-research, learning from clients, competitors, past projects and present stakeholders to inform the scope of our work.
You’ll demonstrate look, feel, content, hierarchy, and layout through sketches, wireframes and designs – picking and choosing the appropriate tools for each project.
You will be working directly alongside the company's CEO and CTO (both experienced digital product creators), alongside a team of frontend engineers, and over time your role may expand to involve leading a team of specialist contractors.
Extensive experience designing responsive websites in tools such as Figma (our preference), Framer X or Sketch.
Ability to work alongside developers and users to scope, prototype and design new features
Strong communication skills, and an ability to manage one's own time and workload well
Expert understanding of cross-browser and cross-device design considerations
Experience visualizing complex data
Experience building solutions for users to interact with data-heavy applications
Pay & Benefits
Base salary: competitive and commensurate with experience ✅
Generous holiday allowance including all standard US Holidays 🏝
Fully comprehensive health insurance for US-based full-time employees 👩⚕️
HASH has offices in New York (Manhattan's Fi Di) and Central London (situated in-between Holborn/Temple). This position is open to both on-site and remote candidates. We specifically encourage applications from those further afield.
Hi-de-ho stranger. Biteable here. Let’s be friends. We need a fabulous new someone in our life to write Wordpress code and make our site ba-ba-beautiful. We’re friendly and flexible. And we totally understand if you come complete with kids, pets, side-hustles, and other #adulting stuff.
All about you
You Wordpress with finesse. Some people make an awful mess when they write code for the ‘press. This isn’t you. You’re an artisan. You write code with elegance. And you’ve got years of exquisite, custom Wordpress builds to back it up.
Design is your superpower. While you’re great at coding widgets and pages, your passion is for making them stunning. You’re a whizz at translating brand guidelines into beautiful things. And you’re comfortable sipping lattes with studio and design teams.
You know Timber isn’t just for lumberjacks. And you know how to use it when expanding custom themes.
You say ‘yes’ to CSS. You don’t brag about it, but you’ve received plenty of compliments for your CSS skills.
You’re a Git. But, in a good way. You’ve used Git and Github so much that it feels like a second home.
You know what AWS is. And you’ve probably deployed Wordpress on it. If you haven’t, you’re open to learning.
You’re most of the above. But not necessarily all. You can feel in your tummy if this is the right job for you.
You’re committed to learning. You love filling your head with new stuff and taking on new projects that expand your horizons.
All about the role
You’ll manage your own schedule. While you’ll need to maintain regular work hours (for the benefit of your team), you’ll be free to lay your day out the way you like it.
Need to get the kids from school or take your granny to the shops? No problem. And you can work from wherever you want, be that your kitchen or one of our offices.
You’ll play a valuable role. You’ll lead on code and graphic design for the Biteable Wordpress site. You’ll work closely with our product designers to synchronize design with our product site.
You’ll work collaboratively with the marketing and content teams. Together, you’ll roll out content and functionalities that wow users and boost conversions.
You’ll share code ownership with your playmates in the development team. Together, you’ll maintain a robust code review process and troubleshoot any thorny issues that crop up from time-to-time.
All about us
We are Biteable, a tech start-up that makes (jaw-dropping) videos possible for everyone. We stand apart in our market thanks to our dedication to studio-quality content and our passion for simplicity.
Since our launch in 2014 we’ve:
- Created a community of over 5 million users
- Rendered 9.6 million videos
- Raised $3.9 million in venture capital
We’re growing fast and have offices in Melbourne and Hobart, Australia, with remote team members scattered around the world. We are informal, structurally flat, and fun to work with.
All about our culture
We are committed to the happiness of our team. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We like it when everyone feels supported and free to create.
Our team members genuinely care about each other and define themselves as rigorous, respectful, open, supportive, honest, and egoless. Here are a few quotes that we didn’t make up:
“I’m thankful for the flexibility Biteable gives me around my family commitments. I really like that my team is open to new ideas and processes. And I enjoy that I get to work on a variety of problems with a mix of people with diverse areas of expertise.”
“The development team is a great group of people. They’re smart and interested in doing high-quality work, but foster a social and supportive atmosphere, too.”
“Biteable's team of smart, funny, engaged and caring people makes my work here enjoyable, every day. Being close to decisions and decision-makers helps me make an impact on our work.”
How to apply
We want you to start soon, so our application process is quick. To apply, dispatch your CV, portfolio, and a short cover letter about why you and Biteable fit together like Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little.
We’ll review it and get back to you quick smart. We’ll then do two rounds of informal interviews. If it feels right for all of us, you’ll be on board faster than you can say ‘third-party plugin’.
Drop your application in over here: https://biteable.com/careers/?gh_jid=4534267002
f2pool has built the world’s leading cryptocurrency mining pool serving in more than 100 countries. With support for more than 40 proof-of-work cryptocurrencies, and as a top 3 mining pool operator for 20 of these networks, we have played a major part in securing blockchain infrastructure and educating the global community about cryptocurrency mining. We are looking for a graphic designer that is skilled both in the design of marketing materials and user interface designs to help us build the world's best brand and product for PoW and PoS mining. At first most of the work would be related to marketing events and social media campaigns, later we will work on the redesign of our mining pool for the worldwide audience.
Locations We are a distributed team with offices in Seoul, Beijing, Shenzhen and Bangkok. So you can choose to work in one of these cities or work with us remotely.
About the Role
- Develop concepts and designs for digital and social media marketing, occasionally print designs.
- Work with developers and product team on user interface designs.
- Participate in all aspects of the design process from ideation to final execution.
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, ideas, and layouts.
- Share work early and often and seek out constructive feedback from others.
- Care deeply about the quality of work with a desire for improvement.
- Execute consistent designs aligned with existing style guides.
- Collaborate with video editors, marketing managers, and other designers.
- Build and maintain design standards and brand guides.
- Work both on graphic designs with marketing team and on user interface designs with product team.
- 4+ years of working experience as a graphic designer or user interface designer.
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Highly proficient in digital product design and user interface design in Sketch.
- Great communication skills in English (written and verbal )
- Working knowledge of the digital landscape in media, social, design, and technology.
- Team player and with a proactive work ethic.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to details.
- Be interested and motivated to learn and grow.
Nice If You Also Have
- Knowledge of user experience design, psychology and related fields.
- Ability to make simple Illustrations.
- HTML/CSS/JS knowledge and basic coding skills.
- Knowledge of blockchain and cryptocurrency.
- Knowledge of Chinese, Korean or any other languages.
- Previous experience of working in remote companies or with remote teams.
We're excited to see your resume along with your portfolio
Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries, the ability to work remote and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.Percona is looking for a hands-on and energetic Junior Demand Generation Specialist to help build our global marketing initiatives. The ideal candidate will have responsibility for executing marketing activities, have an analytical mindset and be ready and willing to step in where needed. They will report to the current Demand Gen manager and work closely with cross-functional peers to build and execute campaign and event related activities.What You WiIl Do
- Data hygiene: Maintain HubSpot database to improve data quality, reporting, and segmentation.
- Email campaigns: Execute and manage within HubSpot. Run A/B testing on subject lines, images, copy and design.
- Reporting: Analyze metrics to determine effectiveness. Monitor, track and communicate campaign performance.
- Demand Gen: Coordinate vendor programs around content syndication and other paid promotions.
- Webinars: Manage program lifecycle: Speaker selection, content creation, promotion, follow up and analysis.
- Social Media: Grow and engage prospects on social media channels
What You Have Done
- Events: Assist with campaign development and execution support as needed across the broader marketing team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 1+ years in marketing within software, technology, or †XaaS industries
- 1+ years of experience in a demand generation role for a fast-paced B2B technology company (preferably SaaS)
- Experience managing and supporting large eventsProficient with HubSpot, CRM systems (Salesforce a plus) and social platforms.
- Experience with list management, database segmentation and email delivery
- Working knowledge of SEO, Google Analytics and Google AdWords campaigns
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS and web development tools
- experience working in a remote environment highly preferred
- Self-starter who can work independently and proactively to resolve issues, take ownership of projects and processes
- Ability to participate within a cross-functional team and act autonomously as necessary
- Advanced verbal and written English skills required
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office and/or Google Apps
- Certifications in Hubspot and Adwords a plus
We are a closely-held web and mobile application development firm looking for a driven Product Owner. Are you experienced in product management, Lean and Agile development methods? Passionate about building products that customers love? Looking for a no-politics zone to do your best work? Mercury is the place for you!
The Product Owner will product own and help ship of a range of web and native applications including:
Progress Web Applications
Business intelligence and collaboration systems
iOS and Android business applications
Large-scale website development based on innovative creative design, highly usable custom widgets and CMSes
Skills & Requirements
The position requires proven work experience in product management with a technical background and understanding of (perhaps even hands-on experience) software development and web technologies.
The Product Owner will work within multidisciplinary Scrum teams, so strong problem-solving skills and a willingness to roll up one’s sleeves will go a long way. The ability to research, reason and communicate recommendations to clients and executive management is crucial.
Specific requirements include the following:
Bachelor’s Degree favored, preferably in Business, Computer Science and/or Engineering
5+ years of hands-on experience with Agile-driven software development
5+ years in a professional work environment analyzing business problems, collaborating and leading teams preferred
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are pretty darn important, too.
An affinity for caffeinated beverages and a strong meme stash won’t hurt your chances.
At Mercury you will:
Translate product strategy into detailed user stories and prototypes
Collaborate with interface designers and software architects to define product vision
Create and prioritize product backlogs
Apply exact standards to ensure that high quality applications and sites are delivered
Represent the company with customers and guide company resources to meet their needs
What Kind of Products Will You Work On?
Web, mobile and collaboration applications for the Southeast's fastest growing commercial real estate firms
Progressive web application for one of the nation’s leading furniture retailers
Ecommerce, operational management and transactional reporting system for a funded late-stage startup
iOS, Android and PWA applications for Fortune 50 consumer products field workforce
Data dashboards, drill down business intelligence reports and mobile reporting for global professional services firms
How to Know If You're A Fit
If any of the following excites you, we definitely want to talk to you!
We are a Florida-based group of talented designers and developers devoid of heavy corporate structures, approval processes and tight boundaries. Noted by our clients as giving that little extra that truly sets us apart, we seek to build sustained, successful relationships, ship customized solutions and deliver strategic counsel and zealous service. mercuryworks.com
This Is A Remote-Friendly Position
Mercury is a distributed workforce with developers and designers located throughout the United States. We are open to applicants located anywhere in the continental United States (we find all team members being within 3 time zones of each other best for collaboration) and also Tampa Bay-based professionals.
About H1B Visas and Recruiters
At this time we are not considering the sponsorship of H1B candidates. Also, no recruiters. Definitely; please no recruiters. None. No matter how good you think your candidate is.
As a forward-thinking digital agency, we are a creative team of marketers, developers, data crunchers, writers, and strategists. Focused on measurable outcomes, we understand that we are only successful in ourselves if we grow our clients’ businesses.
More than the sum of our parts, Knucklepuck leverages the diverse skills of our talented crew to become an extension of our clients’ teams. It’s this collaboration that gives us the energy to do amazing work.
We are looking for a self-starter who is passionate about bridging the gap between client and web develop teams. In exchange for your insatiable curiosity and Product/Project Management experience, we offer the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our business and our clients’ businesses, to hone your technical skills, and to reap the rewards of a job well done.
If you are customer-focused, embrace challenges head-on, and appreciate working for a company that provides the support you need to grow and excel, then this is your opportunity. Join the Knucklepuck team to pursue your passions and realize your goals.
About this position
The ideal candidate will be the glue and bridge-the-gap between Knucklepuck’s clients and the web development team. In this role, you will ensure that client deliverables are being met on time, with precision, and that the Knucklepuck team has a well-defined pathway to meet the client’s expectations. You understand the nuts and bolts of WordPress and utilize your skill set to create detailed, easy to read & follow technical documentation.
To succeed in this role you must have:
At least 3 years experience in a similar website product/project management role, particularly at an agency specializing in custom WordPress development
Deep understanding of WordPress (custom post types, taxonomies, posts, pages, widgets, navigation, users, etc.)
Understanding of API’s and integration between WordPress and third-party platforms.
Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment where strategies or priorities can quickly shift as business needs warrant.
Must be exceptionally organized, highly detail-oriented and have strong communication skills.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous web development projects and keep them on time and on budget.
Proven ability to participate in discovery meetings to assess website requirements
Proven ability to break down and document tasks for templates/functionality, including the design, front-end development, and backend development phases.
Coordinate with team members on scheduling using our PM software (Wrike)
Serve as the primary liaison between the web development team and the client
Coordinate recurring status meetings with stakeholders
Conduct Quality Assurance testing of development phases, comparing with documented requirements to ensure accurate implementation against those requirements.
Potential for travel
What we’ll offer you in exchange:
Non-traditional benefits; contributions toward a competitive medical plan; the option to purchase additional benefits at reasonable rates such as dental and vision
Flexible work hours;
15 days PTO
A Remote first culture; headquarters time zone is EST
Fun stuff like: snacks, beer fridge, monthly company social events, beanbag chairs, the occasional Nerf gun battle, birthday celebrations (Let's celebrate You!) Lunch & Learn lectures
Startup business mentality: personal growth potential, career advancement and making an exponential impact on the company growth
Please see here for a full job description:SummaryWe're hiring a full time, full-stack software developer—preferably with proficiencies in Python and React—to work with our distributed team.Zoomforth helps professionals gather content and easily design beautiful websites. It's like Squarespace, but for professional communications. Our software makes the complex simple, and the boring beautiful.We're looking for engineers who are passionate about the quality of the product they build. We strive to make our code clean and clear, and our product even cleaner and clearer.Join a profitable growth-stage startup and work from anywhere, while learning with—and from—an amazing team. You’ll work with talented engineers on a well developed code base and support some of the most respected startups, agencies, and businesses in the world.🌎Remote Working | 🕑Full Time (Contract Optional) | 💛Employee BenefitsWhy work with Zoomforth?- We continue to modernize our codebase leveraging the latest advancements in frontend and backend tools. We believe in using the right tool for the job.- With a small eng team, you can help shape the direction of our software and systems.- We have constant feedback loops in place. From code reviews to sales calls, you will hear how the features you build impact our customers.- We value getting the job done more than the number of hours you’re behind your computer screen.Compensation$80k-$140k base, based on role and experienceHealth, medical and dentalNon-matching 401(k)Unlimited vacationLogisticsThis is a remote job for a distributed team, with opportunities for travel and team retreatsPreferred Technologies
- Python web frameworks—we use Python Pyramids
- Git + Github
- Design, implement, and improve our frontend React application, backend Python application, and ancillary systems
- Work with the product team to help determine product direction
- Review and improve other engineer’s code
- Work with engineers to design data models and implement application features.
- Participate in on-call customer support when necessary
- We're a small, distributed team—so excellent communication, and a self-motivated work ethic are essential. Bonus if you’re experienced with remote work.
- The desire to work with no hand-holding—i.e., independently research and design software systems based on business needs. Learning new skills along the way as necessary.
- Experience with the systems needed to build and maintain a full web app stack:
- Experience with interpreted web application frameworks. (Python Pyramids preferred)
- SQL Database experience in concurrent applications
- Basic proficiency in CSS
- Writing pragmatic, productive tests
Nice to have skills:
- Using CLI Git and GitHub
- Docker experience
- High level proficiency in CSS
- Webpack, Babel, ES6
- Linux server management, BASH
- RESTful application design
- AWS infrastructure management, (EC2, Elasticbeanstalk, cloudfront)
- Network debugging
Zoomforth helps customers gather content and easily design beautiful websites. Our software makes the complex simple, and the boring beautiful. It's like Squarespace, but for professional communications.Join a profitable growth-stage startup and work from anywhere, while learning with and from an amazing team. You’ll work alongside our CEO and support some of the most respected startups, agencies, and businesses in the world.
- Network and application security experience
Do you love sharing your knowledge of web development with others?
Do you want to help bring opportunities in the tech industry within reach of diverse job-seekers?
Do you want to help build confidence in students and inspire aspiring professionals?
We’re looking for developers like you to join our community of educators and craft online courses for future developers.
At OpenClassrooms, our mission is to make education accessible. This means showing people across the globe that they too can qualify for an in-demand job if they have the drive to learn and the support they need.
That is where you come in! With the ongoing collaboration of our education team you will:
- design a skills-based online course,
- write course content,
- create coding practice exercises,
- record screencast demonstration videos,
- and work with our video team in Paris to shoot a series of short, face-to-camera instructional videos.
The work is flexible and can be done on a freelance basis from anywhere.
Above all, it’s rewarding! You’ll make a difference in your field by helping make tech a more inclusive industry.
If you’re passionate about sharing your knowledge and experience with the developers of tomorrow, then apply now to make an impact.
Who are you?
- You can write professional content in English and present concepts clearly to a camera.
- You are looking to take your skills to the next level by building engaging learning experiences for future web developers.
- You love the idea of sharing the tips and tricks you’ve acquired and influencing a diverse population of learners.
- You are a Java Developer.
- You have experience with at least one of the following tools or activities:
- Using Docker
- Using NoSQL
What do we offer?
- A freelance contract for the creation of one or more courses.
- Constructive guidance and feedback from dedicated instructional designers.
- An opportunity to collaborate from any location for much of the course creation process.
- A warm welcome to our Paris office and studio for a media training and your video shoot.
Do other opportunities at OpenClassrooms fit your profile?
Consider becoming an OpenClassrooms mentor! Both our teachers and our mentors rely on their experience in the field to help our students grow as professionals, so don't hesitate to apply for both opportunities! While our teachers are involved in content creation, it's our mentors who provide direct support to students. Follow this link to learn more about mentorship and apply for that role.
We strongly value individuals at OpenClassrooms, and we particularly welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you're the right person, please do apply anyway - we'd love to hear from you. :)
Who are you?
- You can write professional content in English and present concepts clearly to a camera.
- You have experience or an interest in mentoring, tutoring, teaching, or creating tutorials.
- You are a Java Developer.
- You have experience on multiple projects with at least one of the following tools or activities:
Please include a cover letter and a writing sample (if you have an article, essay, or link to a blog post that you can share, that's perfect; otherwise please include a paragraph explaining a concept related to one of the course subjects listed above).
Please also indicate which topic(s) from the list above match your experience.
We look forward to hearing from you!