Remote copywriting Jobs in March 2020
4 Remote copywriting Jobs in March 2020Post a job
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development.
Fastly’s customers’ use our edge cloud platform to ensure concertgoers can buy tickets to the live events they love, travellers can book flights seamlessly and embark on their next great adventure, and sports fans can stream events in real-time, across devices. They include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Spotify, Alaska Airlines, Hulu, The New York Times, and Ticketmaster.
We’re building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Solutions Product Marketing Manager
As a Solutions Product Marketing Manager, you will play a critical role in defining and advancing the Fastly value proposition across one to two key industries. You will become an expert in your markets, developing end executing upon integrated go-to-market plans. This role requires close alignment with sales, demand generation, product management, and client services teams, driving cross-functional team projects and creating critical content to enable customer success. Our product marketing team is growing quickly, and we are looking for someone who is excited to play a critical role in driving sales success in these industries.
What You'll Do
- Develop go-to-market strategies, identify impactful solutions and use cases, contribute to thought leadership, and open up new market opportunities for target industries
- Work continuously with industry-specific sales, sales engineering, and product teams to create compelling messaging that aligns to our product value propositions
- Deliver sales trainings and create sales tools to disseminate information across the team
- Support Fastly’s industry-specific demand generation campaigns by creating high impact assets including white papers, solution briefs, webinars, infographics, landing pages, and blogs
- Become a subject matter expert at Fastly in 1 to 2 core industries, engaging closely with corresponding industry-focused sales teams and sales engineers and representing us at industry events
- Stay abreast of industry trends and developments through ongoing research and analyst engagements and leverage insights to develop targeted messaging
- Create buyer personas for your industries in order to articulate their concerns, identify buying trends, and ultimately understand how Fastly can help address their needs
What We're Looking For
- 4+ years of proven track record in delivering highly technical products to an enterprise buyer
- Strong analytical abilities, with experience sizing and prioritizing market opportunities
- Excellent copywriting, editing and communication skills
- Highly competent and confident presenter and trainer
- Proven ability to understand complex technologies and apply learnings to extract compelling value propositions for different audiences
- Ability to provide consultative input to senior sales leaders based on market insights
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, high-pressure environment
- Attention to detail and discipline to follow established policies and process or create new processes as needed
- Experience leading complex, time-sensitive cross-functional projects, preferably in the cloud space
- Experience in the CDN, security or cloud computing space would be highly valued
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Scopic Software is seeking an experienced Marketing Specialist to join our dynamic team of 240 professionals in 40 countries. We are looking for proactive, creative self-starter that requires limited guidance but welcomes input. The selected candidate will be responsible for developing and executing marketing strategies for our and our clients' software services and products. Products can range from cloud-based platforms to mobile and desktop applications.
- Written content creation (copywriting for landing pages/websites, blog posts, articles, social media posts, and ads),
- Client software product marketing research and planning, liaising with clients,
- Strategy, creation, and launch of Google Ads campaigns,
- Social media strategies, posting and advertising,
- Media and influencer outreach efforts,
- Email marketing campaigns,
- Working with marketing automation platforms,
- Launching and leading marketing initiatives and campaigns,
- Reporting on marketing activities.
- Lead generation activities for the company and the clients
- Recruitment marketing
The selected candidate will work on several products/projects at the same time, so the ability to multi-task is crucial. Projects vary in terms of domain, platform, life stage and other specifics, requiring flexibility and the ability to adapt quickly.
- 2+ years of experience working in marketing and digital marketing, preferably with software services or products
- Native or near-native English skills both written and verbal
- Copywriting experience (preferably writing to sell, content creation, and some technical writing)
- Knowledge of lead generation through marketing activities
- Experience in creating drip campaigns and using related software (e.g. MailChimp or SendGrid)
- Experience planning, creating, and optimizing targeted advertising campaigns using social media platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn)
- Understanding of SEO principles, activities and their application in practice
- Knowledge of marketing automation processes would be a plus
- Published writing samples
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently, take leadership initiative, and report on progress
- Bachelor's degree or higher
Why Work with Scopic Software?
- Flexible working hours, set your own schedule
- Work with clients in a variety of areas – medical, finance, fitness, manufacturing, etc.
- Competitive salary based on your personal skills and experience
- Freedom to travel and work from anywhere in the world
- Ability to work wherever you are most comfortable (home, office, park, café, etc.)
- Reliable, consistent workload
- Annual pay increases for good performance
- Salaried or hourly positions
- Well-established internal procedures, documented processes, internal tools
- Interesting and challenging projects
- Paid training and other professional growth opportunities
- Open communication to all levels of the company
- Local meetups with Scopic colleagues
Compensation: Depending on skills and experience. This is a remote, part-time position with the potential to evolve into full-time. Employees are paid monthly via wire transfer.
Thorn is a non-profit focused on building technology to defend children from sexual abuse. Working at Thorn gives you the opportunity to apply your skills, expertise, and passions to directly impact the lives of vulnerable and abused children. Our staff solves dynamic, quickly evolving problems with our network of partners from tech companies, NGOs, and law enforcement agencies. If you are able to bring clarity to complexity and lightness to heavy problems, you could be a great fit for our team.
Earlier this year, we took the stage at TED and shared our audacious goal of eliminating child sexual abuse material from the internet.
About the Role:
Thorn uses communications to further our mission in a number of ways. The Senior Manager, Communications will be responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive communications strategy to 1) elevate Thorn’s corporate reputation across diverse audiences, 2) position the organization as a thought leader within the issue space, 3) drive product awareness and consideration amongst tech industry decision-makers, and 4) advance government policies that support our work to protect children. Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing, this unique role also partners across Government Affairs, Product and Programs.
The Senior Manager, Communications will join a passionate, dedicated, innovative and ambitious team committed to doing whatever it takes to eliminate child sexual abuse. The right candidate is fierce, motivated by challenges, and actively seeking the most rewarding experience of their life.
What You’ll Do:
Develop, oversee and implement a strategic communications plan in alignment with an annual Marketing plan and in close collaboration with colleagues across Government Affairs, Product and Programs teams.
Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with consumer, tech, issue and policy press. Drive year-round proactive strategy to secure high-value press placements for Thorn around key issues.
Synthesize complex issues related to Thorn’s work to move diverse audiences - including tech leaders, policy-makers, NGOs, and the general public - to action.
Manage inbound press requests, make recommendations on media engagement, write talking points, brief participants, and manage all press pieces through to placement, including impact tracking.
Develop press announcements, releases, internal communications, executive/spokespersons briefs and oversee a variety of press events.
Ensure our key messaging, narratives and FAQs scale across audiences.
Develop a robust set of metrics by which to track success and drive bottom-line accountability for all communications efforts.
Plan and manage agency resources in the execution of press placements and events.
Secure strategic speaking opportunities and appearances for key executives and spokespersons at high-profile events in the U.S. and internationally.
Plan and oversee press visits and other in-person press cultivation opportunities.
Manage crisis communications as needed, maintaining a current risk analysis and crisis comms plan across key issues.
Serve as a key business partner to all cross-functional business leaders, understanding the distinct communications needs of each function and the key role each plays in Thorn’s overall success.
Skills We’re Seeking:
An unwavering commitment to putting the children we serve at the center of everything you do.
10+ years of communications expertise with the ability to quickly learn new issues and industries.
Proven record of success in developing and executing 360-degree communications strategies.
Proven solid relationships with major press outlets including print, digital and broadcast media.
Ability to communicate complex subjects in a simple, accessible, compelling manner.
Impeccable writing, editing, presentation, and oral communication skills.
Experience working cross-functionally in a product/service-driven organization where communication results are directly tied to business metrics.
Experience managing agencies and creatively resourcing needs to achieve business goals on a budget.
Experience successfully planning and executing communications plans at the product and brand levels.
Tech sector, government affairs experience/knowledge is a plus.
Experience working in start-up, early and high-growth business is a plus.
Calm, resourceful, critical thinker who thrives at problem-solving on a nimble, goal-oriented team.
Transparency and integrity in all actions, demonstration of good judgment and keen instincts, strong team player
Positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
Thorn is a strong and flexible team because of the diverse backgrounds of our staff. This includes professional background, subject matter expertise, culture, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression, language, hobbies, etc. We strongly encourage women, minorities, and people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Your skills are needed here.
CitizenShipper is a share-economy shipping and transportation marketplace that connects people who want something delivered with drivers who can actually do the delivering. As a marketplace, we focus mainly on helping pet owners find a transporter for their pet and so far we’ve helped thousands of pet owners reunite with their pets. We are a virtual team and all work remotely.
Working with us is comfortable and easy
Our team is international
Everyone works remotely (from home)
We have a “minimum meetings” culture
We’re still growing, and you have a lot of room to grow with us
You will be obsessed with growth, focused on finding us new customers, work hard to increase our conversion rates and optimize our platform ultimately helping us to grow revenue. You will distribute your time between creating and executing on new growth oriented initiatives and managing the current marketing team. We expect about an 80/20 split between your own growth-oriented projects and the management of our current small team.
You will be busy with
Develop product marketing strategies
Serve as a bridge between the Product team and the Marketing team
Monitor metrics across marketing channels (landing pages, ad campaigns)
Work with various teams (design, content, acquisition, product, sales) to implement strategies
Test marketing product features, releases and ad copy
Evaluate project using relevant KPIs and feedback from existing and prospective customers
Team management and tasking
Onboarding of new marketing team members
Connecting marketing members into overall marketing plan
Connect marketing team and their efforts to overall product roadmap and business plan
Execute new marketing initiatives
We’d like you to have
Experience running successful marketing campaigns
Solid knowledge of web analytics and Google Analytics, PPC (Facebook and Adwords), SEO, Email and SMS marketing, email automation, AB testing, copywriting, content and social media, also solid knowledge of Mixpanel and Asana
Leadership skills with the ability to set and prioritize goals
Strong communication and negotiation skills
Management or team lead/project management experience
Tell me how you like your ice cream when applying for this job.