Remote content creation Jobs in February 2020
8 Remote content creation Jobs in February 2020Post a job
BEE (https://beefree.io) - MailUp Group’s Business Unit that develops and markets a popular drag-&-drop email builder - is looking for a Customer Support Engineer to join the team in North America.
As a Customer Support Engineer, reporting directly to the Support & Community Manager of the business unit, your role will be to help in the adoption and use of BEE Plugin, the embeddable version of our email editor. Over 500 software companies around the world have already decided to license and embed BEE instead of developing their own drag-n-drop editor because by doing so they save time, money, and all the complexity of creating & managing a new product.
Your core responsibilities will be:
Assist prospects in the discovery of BEE Plugin features, at a technical level.
Help new customers in the implementation of the editor within their SaaS application.
Support existing customers when their support requests are escalated to you.
Help the development team by performing technical troubleshooting on those escalated tickets.
You will carry them out by:
Becoming an expert user of BEE Plugin, the embeddable version of the BEE editor.
Becoming very familiar with the sample code that prospects use to build Proof Of Concepts with BEE Plugin, and contribute to the code base, whenever able to do so.
Becoming intimately familiar with - and a contributor to - BEE Plugin technical documentation, which helps prospects understand the potential of the product & build prototypes with it, and helps customers implement the software in their SaaS applications.
Identifying and troubleshooting issues that prospects and new customers are reporting while integrating BEE Plugin, resolving as many as you can on your own, and escalating them when needed to the engineering team as bugs, or to the product team as product feedback.
Interact with prospects and customers remotely through a variety of channels used by the company, which include: phone calls, video calls, Slack chats, support tickets (Zendesk), threads in the Community portion of our Web site, questions posted to the technical documentation site, and more.
Collaborating with the Sales, Support, Development & Product teams to deliver a user experience to our prospects and customers that’s as seamless as possible.
Providing the product and engineering team with continuous feedback, which includes opening detailed bug reports in the bug tracking system (JIRA).
What we offer
BEE stands for "Best Email Editor" and that's the original, ambitious goal chosen for this project. Made with lots of passion between the United States and Italy, BEE is becoming a standard for digital content creation, starting with emails (“beautiful emails, fast”, is one of our tag lines). The editor is used by hundreds of thousands of people every month at beefree.io and embedded in over 600 SaaS applications.
When you join our company, you can expect:
Full time work in a fast growing, exciting project with worldwide recognition as a market-leader in our industry.
A dynamic team, geographically dispersed (Italy, USA), working with a startup mindset.
Flexibility: trust is one of our values and we strongly believe in results and in the continuous feedback culture.
Yearly team retreat, often in Italy (in 2019 the BEE team retreat was here).
Many opportunities for professional development through your daily exposure to marketing-leading products, and also through access to online training resources (free, unlimited course subscription to Udemy) and offline events (attendance to conferences, etc.).
Competitive salary plus incentive-based compensation.
Health insurance benefits;
401K plan with employer matching;
Commuter benefits, and many other benefits.
The legal name of the BEE business unit is MailUp, Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MailUp SPA (MailUp Group’s head legal entity). MailUp, Inc. is headquartered in Oakland, California.
What we are looking for
Computer science degree or equivalent experience.
3+ years of experience as a full-stack Web developer.
2+ years of experience in a customer-facing technical role: technical support, product support, training, etc.
Outstanding communication skills: you love interacting with both customers & team members, in writing or in person/video call.
Outstanding writing skills: you enjoy explaining things to people in writing, providing examples, how-to’s, and ensuring that the message gets across.
Troubleshooting skills: you enjoy finding the cause behind a specific problem, explaining it to others, and working with others to help find a solution.
Organizational skills: you like working independently and are able to organize your activities without supervision.
Experience with customer support software like Zendesk is a plus.
Experience with B2B SaaS is a major plus.
Location & Travel
North America (US or Canada). We have an office in Oakland, CA, but you can work remotely as well.
If you work remotely, we may ask you to join us in Oakland (or another location) for in-person sessions from time to time.
Some travel may be required to help at our booth when we sponsor a conference.
Some travel will be required for our yearly team retreat. Between travel and meeting time, the retreat typically requires about a week of your time. We will provide ample notice so that you can plan for it.
Exponent helps people land their dream job in product management, data science, software engineering, and more. We're founded by an ex-Google PM and ex-Dropbox SWE and currently have partnerships with top-tier business schools like Stanford and Yale.
We're planning to invest more heavily in our social media and content creation efforts this quarter, and would like to find a talented designer to bring our campaigns to life. Specifically, we'd like to create reusable templates and graphics that can be used for social media, blog posts, and newsletters.
We're looking for someone to design these assets based on a list of potential campaigns we'll run. Please view our website at tryexponent.com and social accounts (twitter.com/tryexponent and facebook.com/tryexponent) for a sense of our current style. We'd like to upgrade this style significantly as we believe we can create assets that are more visually appealing, engaging, versatile, and specific to different campaigns.
1. Blog post images
2. YouTube Thumbnails
3. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn templates based on different campaigns we'll run
4. Newsletter templates and graphics
5. Ad images for Facebook, Instagram
Special skills needed for this project:
- Advanced knowledge of design software (ideally sketch or figma, but we can be versatile)
- Awareness of social media guidelines for various platforms, and the ability to adapt to what's engaging on each platform
- Excellent communication skills
In your proposal, please provide a one- or two-paragraph summary of your design experience and why you'd be a great fit for this work. Also include two relevant samples that show your best design work and creativity. A plus would be including any specific substantial improvements we can make to our visual style online.
Owl Labs is an award-winning collaborative technology company and maker of the Meeting Owl and Meeting Owl Pro, the first 360° conferencing devices powered by AI and predictive technology. Backed by $22.3M in funding and used by over 25,000 companies globally, Owl Labs is focused on making collaboration simpler and meetings smarter.
We’re looking for a Customer Marketer to come help us strengthen and grow our customer brand. Do you love helping customers be successful? Are you a master at clear and concise communication? Are automation tools your best friend? If so, we want you to come be an integral part of the Customer Experience team and help us cultivate the happiest, most successful, and most valuable customers.
As our Customer Marketer, you’ll:
Have a serious content creation muscle and love to write. From nurture streams to customer newsletters, you’ll be able to communicate clearly and concisely.
Apply a full-stack marketer mindset. You’ll understand all the marketing tools at your fingertips (email, content, paid ads, events, communities) and tap internal teams for help or make it happen yourself.
Be the voice of the customer throughout the organization. Working together with customer success and support, marketing, and product, you’ll deeply understand our customer personas and make sure their successes and challenges are heard.
Exemplify empathy in everything you do. You’ll be a key ambassador of our customer brand and lead by example.
Use data to make decisions. You’ll bring new ideas and strategies to the table and know how to measure their success.
The best candidates will have:
A track record of high achievement
Grit, muscle, and a go-getter attitude
Strong customer empathy and deep commitment to customer success
A “no job is too small” mentality
The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment with peers who challenge you to be better
The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
A naturally curious mindset
Some preferred qualifications:
3+ years of experience in a content creation or brand communications role. Experience working with customers directly is a bonus.
Experience working in a CRM
More info about us:
Owl Labs is currently headquartered in Somerville, MA but we are moving to the North Station area of Boston this Spring. This role can be on-site or join the ~30% of our workforce who work remotely. Please specify in your location preference in your application and also submit a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit as our Customer Marketer.
Owl Labs is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We are committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know!
Are you interested in applying for this position? Submit your resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile to [email protected] and someone from the Owl Labs team will be in touch.
Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries, the ability to work remote and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.Percona is looking for a hands-on and energetic Junior Demand Generation Specialist to help build our global marketing initiatives. The ideal candidate will have responsibility for executing marketing activities, have an analytical mindset and be ready and willing to step in where needed. They will report to the current Demand Gen manager and work closely with cross-functional peers to build and execute campaign and event related activities.What You WiIl Do
- Data hygiene: Maintain HubSpot database to improve data quality, reporting, and segmentation.
- Email campaigns: Execute and manage within HubSpot. Run A/B testing on subject lines, images, copy and design.
- Reporting: Analyze metrics to determine effectiveness. Monitor, track and communicate campaign performance.
- Demand Gen: Coordinate vendor programs around content syndication and other paid promotions.
- Webinars: Manage program lifecycle: Speaker selection, content creation, promotion, follow up and analysis.
- Social Media: Grow and engage prospects on social media channels
What You Have Done
- Events: Assist with campaign development and execution support as needed across the broader marketing team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 1+ years in marketing within software, technology, or †XaaS industries
- 1+ years of experience in a demand generation role for a fast-paced B2B technology company (preferably SaaS)
- Experience managing and supporting large eventsProficient with HubSpot, CRM systems (Salesforce a plus) and social platforms.
- Experience with list management, database segmentation and email delivery
- Working knowledge of SEO, Google Analytics and Google AdWords campaigns
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS and web development tools
- experience working in a remote environment highly preferred
- Self-starter who can work independently and proactively to resolve issues, take ownership of projects and processes
- Ability to participate within a cross-functional team and act autonomously as necessary
- Advanced verbal and written English skills required
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office and/or Google Apps
- Certifications in Hubspot and Adwords a plus
SnapEDA is the Internet's first and leading parts library for circuit board design. Each year, over 1 million PCB designers around the world use SnapEDA to design electronics faster, making everything from smartwatches, to drones, and robots. By providing ready-to-use "blueprints" for design, our library shaves days off product development, allowing designers to focus on optimization and innovation.
As a Marketing Engineer at SnapEDA, you'll be responsible for growing awareness of this amazing resource for electronics engineers. Your responsibilities will include generating market awareness, defining positioning and marketing strategy, working on launch campaigns of new features, and driving relationships with partner companies. Also, you'll be managing personnel and coordinating tasks.
-Create ambitious content plans to boost our SEO and social media efforts
-Develop, manage, and execute on our marketing editorial calendar, from social media, to press, to content marketing, tradeshows, advertising, and any other ways to generate awareness
-Create or coordinate content creation as needed (tutorials, blogs, videos, and tweets)
-Create media to accompany content, including images, gifs, quotes, and platform-specific graphics
-Report weekly to celebrate the social and content wins on our team. Communicate the key marketing KPIs using analytics tools (like Google Analytics, Mixpanel, etc.). The ability to comfortability present data and report to the team is important
-Running advertising, based on an understanding of customer lifetime value, and customer acquisition costs
-Manage and grow our bi-weekly newsletter
-Forming win-win partnerships with companies to drive traffic/signups on SnapEDA
-Creating new landing pages
-A/B testing messaging to better convert users
-Engineering degree or other technical degrees. The successful candidate will be both managing and executing content creation, therefore domain knowledge or ability to learn quickly is required
-At least 2 years of experience in a similar role
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
-Knowledge of Google Analytics
-Good eye and appreciation for thoughtful design
-Ability to think strategically and creatively, juggling several simultaneous tasks
-Organized, self-managing, team player. Working well collaboratively is a must
-Has a firm grasp of social media trends and how each major platform differs
-Knowledge of social analytic tools for measuring the impact of social media program and ROI
-Highly driven and a strong sense of urgency since the candidate will be measured by their ability to grow signups
-Resourceful and tech-savvy
-Located outside the United States
Postscript is building the world’s greatest remote organization by modernizing how brands communicate with consumers. We’ve created a best-in-class SMS marketing tool used by thousands of happy ecommerce stores. Backed by Y Combinator and Accomplice VC, Postscript is growing fast and looking for remarkable people to help scale the company.
Working collaboratively with the Partnerships and Marketing team members, this hire will be responsible for the execution of events for the company. Events are core to growth at Postscript, serving as an impactful channel for sales and partnership engagement, as well as for enhancing brand recognition. You’ll own pre-event preparation work and lead generation, run point on day-of event execution, and diligently organize and document lead flow in order to optimize and measure the impact of every event. Strong candidates will excel at project management and client relations, love travel and enjoy the creative and strategic process of running events.
Events at Postscript consist of sponsoring major conferences, in which we will be responsible for running a booth or participating as a speaker, collaborating with other agencies and tech partners to host intimate and elevated dinners with high value customers and leads, and running city-specific meetups for merchants. In addition, we will look to this person to provide thought leadership on future event opportunities, such as a Postscript conference, large scale workshops, and internal team events.
Coordinate event logistics (travel, presentation material preparation, swag orders and shipping, invitations and guest list, etc)
Assess inbound event opportunities, working with stakeholders to evaluate all factors including upfront costs, expected ROI, audience relevance, and time commitment
Project manage event deadlines, content creation, staffing, and promotional calendar
Work cross-functionally to ensure every aspect of event collateral is prepared and approved on time
Write thorough, results and feedback-oriented event recaps for the internal team
Manage event lead flow from pre-event lead generation and initial interaction through to hand-off to the Go To Market team
Create and maintain our event calendar (plus the corresponding attendance), including things like dinners, meetups, and customer conferences
Help with pre-event lead outreach/marketing and post-event lead follow ups from events, including updating our CRM
As the team member with the most experience running events, you’ll also be asked to pitch in and support our People Ops team with organizing our tri-annual company off-sites (these are really fun multi-day retreats in awesome cities!)
What we'll love about you
1-3 years experience coordinating events and marketing programs
Strong project management, people relations and organizational skills - you’re a generalist
You demonstrate a willingness and eagerness to take on additional marketing and community engagement initiatives, both online and off
Previous startup experience is a plus
Comfort being client facing/in sales environments
Experience utilizing some sort of marketing automation/CRM
Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
What you'll love about us
Opportunity to join a rocket ship in its early stages
Lots of room for growth – we empower our people then get out of their way
Fun – we're passionate and enjoy what we do
Transparency - we’re open about the state of the business and take mentorship seriously
Empathy - we care about our employees and our customers - no room for jerks
Fast-paced, growth focused environment
Remote culture - work from home (or wherever)
Above market compensation, including equity, unlimited PTO + health, dental, vision insurance
Pick your own equipment/work set up
Happy customers who want your product
Do you love sharing your knowledge of web development with others?
Do you want to help bring opportunities in the tech industry within reach of diverse job-seekers?
Do you want to help build confidence in students and inspire aspiring professionals?
We’re looking for developers like you to join our community of educators and craft online courses for future developers.
At OpenClassrooms, our mission is to make education accessible. This means showing people across the globe that they too can qualify for an in-demand job if they have the drive to learn and the support they need.
That is where you come in! With the ongoing collaboration of our education team you will:
- design a skills-based online course,
- write course content,
- create coding practice exercises,
- record screencast demonstration videos,
- and work with our video team in Paris to shoot a series of short, face-to-camera instructional videos.
The work is flexible and can be done on a freelance basis from anywhere.
Above all, it’s rewarding! You’ll make a difference in your field by helping make tech a more inclusive industry.
If you’re passionate about sharing your knowledge and experience with the developers of tomorrow, then apply now to make an impact.
Who are you?
- You can write professional content in English and present concepts clearly to a camera.
- You are looking to take your skills to the next level by building engaging learning experiences for future web developers.
- You love the idea of sharing the tips and tricks you’ve acquired and influencing a diverse population of learners.
- You are a Java Developer.
- You have experience with at least one of the following tools or activities:
- Using Docker
- Using NoSQL
What do we offer?
- A freelance contract for the creation of one or more courses.
- Constructive guidance and feedback from dedicated instructional designers.
- An opportunity to collaborate from any location for much of the course creation process.
- A warm welcome to our Paris office and studio for a media training and your video shoot.
Do other opportunities at OpenClassrooms fit your profile?
Consider becoming an OpenClassrooms mentor! Both our teachers and our mentors rely on their experience in the field to help our students grow as professionals, so don't hesitate to apply for both opportunities! While our teachers are involved in content creation, it's our mentors who provide direct support to students. Follow this link to learn more about mentorship and apply for that role.
We strongly value individuals at OpenClassrooms, and we particularly welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you're the right person, please do apply anyway - we'd love to hear from you. :)
Who are you?
- You can write professional content in English and present concepts clearly to a camera.
- You have experience or an interest in mentoring, tutoring, teaching, or creating tutorials.
- You are a Java Developer.
- You have experience on multiple projects with at least one of the following tools or activities:
Please include a cover letter and a writing sample (if you have an article, essay, or link to a blog post that you can share, that's perfect; otherwise please include a paragraph explaining a concept related to one of the course subjects listed above).
Please also indicate which topic(s) from the list above match your experience.
We look forward to hearing from you!
This Senior Manager, Technical Writing position is 100% remote.
A brief overview:
GitLab is building an open-source, single application for the entire software development lifecycle—from project planning and source code management to CI/CD, monitoring, and security.
At GitLab, we live and breathe open source principles. This means our entire handbook is online, and with a few clicks, you can find the details of future releases, the maturity of our different product categories, and an overview of the product vision you’d contribute to when working here.
Right now, we’re in a period of growth, we’ve more than tripled the size of the Technical Writing team over the last year and we’re increasing the number of GitLab employees to over 2,000 this financial year, too.
As a Senior Manager, Technical Writing at GitLab, you will be responsible for growing and managing a team of talented Technical Writing Managers. Each of these Technical Writing Managers oversees a team of Technical Writers who are embedded in cross-functional, stage group teams. We follow a Git-based, docs-as-code workflow, adopting a Docs-first methodology in our documentation practices. The work you will oversee will be impactful and highly visible to millions of our users across the globe.
What you can expect in a Senior Manager, Technical Writing role at GitLab:
- You’ll advocate for good documentation practices, continually looking to improve the workflow of Technical Writing Managers and Technical Writers, while ensuring our docs-first methodology is visible across our engineering and product function.
- You’ll create space for collaboration within our Technical Writing team.
- You’ll foster deep relationships between Technical Writing, UX, Product, Customer Support, Engineering, and other cross-functional partners.
- You’ll work with your direct reports to build out a documentation strategy for their respective stage groups.
- You’ll build out a career development plan for Technical Writers and Technical Writing Managers.
- Your approach to management should be informed by our view on what is required of a Manager at GitLab. Here, we default to asynchronous communication, so your management style will need to work in the context of our all-remote, global team.
- You’ll collaborate with our UX Director to define OKRs for our documentation practice. These OKRs will shape your team’s process, define your responsibilities as a manager, and feed into the responsibilities of your direct reports.
- You’ll play a part in the evolution of our UX and documentation culture as we take the next steps in expansion.
- You’ll enable community contributions and advocate for their importance within the team.
- You’ll champion the importance of participation in critiques, content creation, and speaking engagements.
- You’ll foster a safe space for your team, somewhere they’re comfortable sharing feedback and advocating for change they see as necessary.
- You’ll play a big part in hiring a team of world-class Technical Writers and Technical Writing Managers. Our growth is set to continue as we mature our product, and you’ll need to be highly engaged in the recruiting process as we scale our team across the globe.
Projects you might work on as Senior Manager, Technical Writing:
When working with your direct reports and the UX Director, you’ll define a strategy for documentation and content design for each of our product categories. You’ll also work with cross-functional partners to identify and remedy pain points in our documentation process.
You should apply if:
- You’ve got experience managing a team of Technical Writers who are documenting complex web applications, enterprise software, or developer tooling.
- Your knowledge, vision, and experience will enable you to play a key role in shaping the next evolution of DevOps tooling.
- You’ve got experience overseeing a team that uses static site generators and manages docs as code.
- You’re comfortable developing a department in a rapidly scaling start-up environment.
- You’re driven to manage a team that is documenting a complex product with cross-functional users and continually evolving needs.
- Mentoring, leading, and growing your team is truly motivating to you.
- You’ll thrive in our all-remote environment where communication is largely asynchronous.
- Our values of collaboration, results, efficiency, diversity, iteration, and transparency resonate with you.
- You'll thrive in an environment where self-learning and self-service are encouraged and instilled as a part of our culture.
What it’s like to work here at GitLab:
The culture here at GitLab is something we’re incredibly proud of. Because GitLabbers are currently located in over 56 different countries, you’ll spend your time collaborating with kind, talented, and motivated colleagues from across the globe. Some of the benefits you’ll be entitled to vary by the region or country you’re in. However, all GitLabbers are fully remote and receive a "no ask, must tell" paid-time-off policy, where we don’t count the number of days you take off annually. You can work incredibly flexible hours, enabled by our synchronous approach to communication.
We’ll also help you set up your home office environment, cover your home internet subscription, pay for your membership to a co-working space, and contribute to the travel costs associated with meeting other GitLab employees across the world. Also, every year or so, we’ll invite you to our Contribute event.
Our hiring process for this Senior Manager, Technical Writing position typically follows six stages. The details of this process can be found at the bottom of our job family page.