Remote chef Jobs in February 2020
15 Remote chef Jobs in February 2020Post a job
Theorem is a team of experts who set sound principles and best practices into action. Our team solves complex problems and builds amazing things for some of the largest global household names. We work with team members around the world and have offices in LA and New York. While this is a remote first role, initially, the position will require at least bi-monthly travel to the UK. Candidates closer to major travel airport hubs will be given priority. You must be authorized to work in the United States.
As Software Solutions Architect, you are a polyglot engineer with a hunger for learning new languages and tools. You see yourself as a maker and you are interested in all steps of the process, from understanding the challenge, to designing, developing and deploying.
As a consulting Software Solutions Architect, you are always happy to be learning, choosing the right tool for the job but also becoming the foremost domain expert about our client’s business. You should always be able to answer the question: What have I learned this week?
Responsibilities and Duties
In this role, you will participate in the full life cycle of application development for our clients with duties including but not limited to:
- Assist the sales team with uncovering and understanding technical requirements and producing estimates and risk assessments for new projects.
- Become the domain expert for our clients’ business and gain a deep knowledge of their infrastructure and internal systems.
- Research technologies and assess their fit for the challenge at hand.
- Educate and train clients and stakeholders about the benefits of our approach to software and solutions development.
- Assist the engineering team on product delivery by writing code and reviewing pull requests.
- Collaborate with the team to create a successful project hand-off plan
Qualifications and Skills
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Over 5+ years of experience directly consulting with clients.
- Eager to learn new languages and technologies.
- Strong experience designing and delivering features on both server and client sides of the development stack.
- Demonstrated experience researching new tools, acquiring new skills, and implementing your new knowledge on the fly with confidence and accuracy
- Experience with AWS, GCP, or Azure is nice to have.
- Experience working with Chef, Ansible, and other provisioning technologies is a plus.
- BS of Computer Science or similar academic background is a plus.
- Excellent skills in spoken and written English language.
- Possess a strong and reliable internet connection.
As a well rounded systems reliability engineer with a diverse set of skills, this makes you one of the very best people to troubleshoot, monitor the platform, and be on top of releases. You should definitely be the type that appreciates diversity in your day, and challenges outside of your comfort level! A typical day might include these types of activities:
- Taking charge of the build process and pipelines across the platform.
- Being keenly aware of systems architecture and automatically adding in redundancy and backup for new systems and software.
- Assist in troubleshooting a complex customer issues across network devices, server hardware, virtual machines, in-house software and open source software. Not only can you run tcpdump with filters on the command line, but you can read it there also.
- Adding additional monitoring and alerting on all systems across the platform that will help you identify one of those annoying intermittent issues you have seen in the logs.
Skills & Requirements
The right candidates will probably have a CS degree, solid scripting and automation skills, great troubleshooting skills across the OS and network, a good grasp on security concepts, experience with routing platforms and protocols, and enjoy working collaboratively.
Specific requirements include:
- Experience in automating tasks through scripting. You should be very well versed with Python, and probably a few other languages. We will ask for script samples.
- High degree of drive to improve and automate your environment with minimal guidance
- Be able to solve for immediate, and plan to accommodate for future problems
- Experience with Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, or CFEngine. Experience with Ansible and Terraform preferred.
- Experience with build pipelines, integration testing and Jenkins.
- Experience administering a wide variety of *nix platforms, including multiple Linux variants.
- Solid understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols including IPv4/6, 802.1Q, BGP, MPLS, etc., and understanding a multitude of different network architectures.
- Experience with Google Compute, AWS, or other cloud based compute and database services.
- Understand the importance and implementation of backup and redundancy across many layers of databases, systems, and network configurations.
Some knowledge that would be a huge plus:
- Familiarity administering/troubleshooting Juniper/Cisco/Arista platforms.
- Experience with extremely large scale network management and monitoring.
- Experience with Postgresql, TimescaleDB, ElasticSearch
Location: Remote work from home position working a regular 8am to 5pm AMER shifts (AMERs Time Zones).
About PerconaPercona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.Percona open source database expertise helps businesses avoid downtime and outages, meet customer experience expectations, foster operational and developer collaboration and manage enterprise risks through sound database architecture frameworks.Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries, the ability to work remote and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.As a Remote DBA, you will troubleshoot and resolve customer issues related to DB systems availability and performance. You will develop relationships with customers, comprehend and fulfill their needs, and maintain their satisfaction through regular communication and engagement with their environments. You will perform technical work that requires planning and scheduling to ensure the best possible solution is delivered on time. You will react on incidents and provide solutions aiming at maintained environments’ improvements.You will work in a fast paced environment where we are responsible for companies’ most critical systems. Customers count on us to keep their MySQL database running and we are vital to the success of their business. You will work remotely; there is no central office, and most people work from their homes. Some travel will be required for internal meetings. Access to a reliable high-speed internet connection is required.Core Skills and Expectations
- Experience administering MySQL server including;
- aspects of installation and configuration.
- basic performance tuning, query optimization & index tuning.
- knowledge of MySQL backup solutions.
- basic knowledge of HA solutions.
- understanding of monitoring requirements.
- Demonstrable experience of administering Linux based systems.
- Ability to use scripting language for automation.
- Ability to troubleshoot methodically, identifying and applying fixes for known errors, and when necessary, capacity to think outside of the box to resolve complex issues.
- Ability to participate in the on-call rotation for operational issue escalation.
- Polite, friendly and professional; this position requires significant customer interaction and teamwork.
- Excellent and strong written and spoken English.
- CS degree or equivalent.
- Proven success working in a distributed environment where e-mail, instant messaging and voice calls are the only interactions with clients, colleagues and managers on a daily basis.
- Experience with technologies like Galera / XtraDB Cluster, HAProxy, ProxySQL, Orchestrator.
- Experience running on Cloud Services such as AWS and RDS or hosting providers like Rackspace.
- Experience with Nagios, Percona Monitoring Plugins, Prometheus, and other monitoring tools.
- Experience of configuration management solutions such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef.
- Experience with tools from the Percona Toolkit suite.
Regular Work Schedule
- MySQL DBA, MySQL Professional Certifications.
- Remote work from home worldwide as long as you can work Monday through Friday from 8AM to 5PM AMERs time zones.
- Team has an on call schedule as well.
- Remote work from home specifically in the AMER region.
To join our growing team, SugarCRM is currently seeking an experienced Site Reliability Engineer. This role can be based in one of our U.S.-based offices or remote.Impact you will make in the role:
- Manage applications in a CentOS Linux-based environment
- Build repeatable infrastructures with Ansible
- Develop and execute plans for rolling out new technologies rapidly
- Improve monitoring infrastructure, build out data aggregation and alerting rules
- Work closely with engineering to build scalable solutions
- Triage tickets raised by our support organization and implement fixes
- Support our private and public cloud environments and customers
- Mentor other members of the Operations team
Expertise you will bring in:
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- BA/BS in Computer Science with Network Engineering or Information Systems emphasis, or equivalent work experience
- Extensive knowledge with container orchestration technologies including Docker and Kubernetes
- 6+ years experience in an Operations or Systems Administration role
- Superior Unix administration skills
- Extensive knowledge of common Internet Protocols
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP
- Experience with virtualization and cloud technologies
- Hardware management, network switch and router administration experience
- Experience with Apache, MySQL, and PHP in a production environment at scale
- Strong knowledge of version control systems and hands-on experience with Git
- Experience with writing code around infrastructure automation
- Understanding of how to architect and implement highly available, scalable, and secure network in multiple cloud environments
- Strong affinity and experience in working with continuous deployment and continuous integration environments
- An understanding around micro-service architectures and the complexities around their deployments
- Extensive programming experience in PHP, Ruby, Python, and Shell
- Full stack troubleshooting and instrumentation experience
- Extensive experience with IT automation technologies like Puppet, Salt, Chef, or Ansible
Nice to haves:
- Experience with data aggregation, alerting, and reporting and supporting technologies such as Sensu and Graphite
- Experience in an on-call rotation
- Experience with Elastic Search or Apache Solr
- Experience with Spinnaker and/or other CI/CD tools
- Previous experience as a mentor or advisor
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.Benefits and Perks:Beyond a stellar work environment, friendly people, and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:Competitive salariesExcellent medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other benefit plans like 401(k) matchUnlimited Paid Time OffWellness Reimbursement ProgramOnsite Programs, depending on location, such as Dry Cleaning, Car Washes, Massage, Yoga, and moreCareer & Personal Development Program – multi-platformRegular social eventsOwnership is the greatest self-identity at SugarCRM - you are making an impact nowWe are a merit-based company - many opportunities to learn, excel and grow your career
- Current contributor to open source projects (a Github account you can link us to would be ideal)
We have proudly been recognized by INC Magazine with the Best Workplaces award two years in a row! Read more about this achievement and what makes us special here: https://www.invoca.com/press/invoca-recognized-as-an-inc-magazine-best-workplace-for-the-second-consecutive-year/
Commitment to our customers, collaboration, and continuous improvement in a positive environment are more than words written on a wall at Invoca, it’s our way of life. We take pride in an inclusive and egoless culture that helps us drive innovation and build value for both our customers and our people. And of course, there’s the competitive pay, great perks, and getting to work on an industry-leading product. If this sounds unlike most tech jobs you’ve had, you’re right. Come join us. We’re building something special.Job Description
Invoca offers an unusually valuable engineering experience. You will be part of a team of world-class Engineers scaling our Information Security program with our rapidly growing company and SaaS application. Innovating new and creative ways to secure our platform and people. Our remote-first team is committed to upholding high standards via modern methodologies of agile software development, test-driven development, and DevOps.What you will do:
What we are looking for:
- Work with SRE team to deploy and maintain security tools for the organization
- Execute web application and network penetration testing
- Oversee vulnerability assessment platform
- Innovate and assist in improving our Information Security framework
- Assist with security awareness training (phishing tests, annual awareness, etc)
What is the team like?
- A minimum of three years of experience in an Information Security team
- A systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Extensive experience within a production environment performing penetration tests on both systems and web applications
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, and the challenges/benefits associated with containerization.
- Hands-on experience with Configuration Management (e.g. Chef, Ansible, Puppet) and/or Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation).
- A desire to create and write elegant, scalable, and maintainable tools and solutions.
You’ll join a team where everyone, including you, is striving to constantly improve their knowledge of software development tools, practices, and processes. We are an incredibly supportive team. We swarm when problems arise and give great feedback to help each other grow. Working on our close-knit, cross-functional teams is a great chance to grow your knowledge of different domains from databases to front ends to telephony and everything in between.
We are passionate about many things: continuous improvement, working at a brisk but sustainable pace, writing resilient code, maintaining production reliability, paying down technical debt, hiring fantastic teammates; and we love to share these passions with each other.Diversity and inclusion statement
“Our company is committed to creating a culture that is not only grounded in continuous learning, teamwork, and customer success, but is fair, equitable, and welcoming for everyone.” Gregg Johnson CEO
And to us, diversity and inclusion means even more than treating current employees well and making them feel welcome. It also means proactively hiring people who bring different insights because of their unique demographics, ways of thinking, and prior experiences.
We intend to continue hiring great people and protecting our culture so everyone can be themselves and speak their minds. That way Invoca will always be a place filled with laughter, energy, hard work, thoughtfulness and respect.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Due to continuous growth, we are currently seeking a Principal Cloud Architect that will work closely with a team of Cloud Architects, Engineers, DevOps and Product teams. The successful candidate will be a key member of the Cloud Engineering team to ensure the success in designing, building and migrating applications, software and services on various cloud platforms including AWS, Azure, GCP, developing public, private and hybrid cloud solutions.
The ideal candidate will have a deep expertise in building enterprise-level computing solutions, architecture and transformation strategy with demonstrated experience with Cloud Computing Solutions such as Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), using Infrastructure as Code (IAC) tools to automate solutions that are scalable, resilient, readily available and secure.
This position can be remote, with 5-25% travel or report to offices either in Englewood Cliffs, NJ or Universal City, CA
- Work directly with our client’s largest cloud users to define technical specifications based on business requirements and conceptual design
- Evaluate emerging technologies, services, and tools for multiple cloud vendors to help guide innovation, new capabilities, and create business case for technology solutions
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop a new state cloud architecture, supporting our client’s organizational mode, developing a platform roadmap to drive cloud/ technology discussions and facilitate decision making to translate into product roadmap and releases for target design
- Assist with the design and implementation of best governance practices for design, security, development, usability, cost control and forensics across multiple cloud providers for public, private and hybrid solutions
- Enable innovation with continuous deployment across multiple technology stacks using best practices for advanced Cloud Solutions
- Be a proponent for Open Source technologies, across tech stacks, demonstrating best practices for advanced cloud solutions
- Develop reference material on architecture, publish design patterns to present both internally and publicly to drive designs for consensus and approval, being able to translate easily from technical to non-technical language
- Participate in writing code and scripts to automate cloud solutions, also responding to code and architecture reviews
- Demonstrate ability to conceive, manage and complete project deliverables
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or another technical discipline; or equivalent work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with experience in presenting
- Proven experience in working on multiple enterprise projects simultaneously while coordinating with the work of others
- Is self-directed and can effectively contribute with little supervision
- Hands-on experience working with JSON, Java, Python (Boto3), Node.js, Perl, Bash
- Experience participating on an agile team
- Hand on experience with research, analysis, data collection and presentation to various levels internally and external clients
- Hands on experience deploying production workloads that are reliable, scalable cloud applications
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA and REST), IaaS and PaaS (design and server infrastructure implementation)
- Experience with large-scale distributed infrastructure, including clustering, load balancing, distributed capacity management with an understanding of system testing
- Hands on experience in automating PaaS, IaC using Terraform, Git, Ansible playbooks, Chef/Puppet, Cloud Command Line Interfaces and Cloud Templating on various cloud platforms as well as automating testing and performance tools such as JMeter
- Strong technical expertise and troubleshooting skills for large-scale distributed computing systems and software
- Solid understanding of conceptual, logical and physical data modeling with tools and database design in complex, enterprise-level data environments proficiency in XML, JSON, and design of binary formats using NoSQL, NAS and object stores
- Strong understanding of Networking Protocols and Standards
- Strong understanding and experience with various security protocols for web and cloud technologies
Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help doctors be more productive, informed, and connected. As a software engineer, you'll work within cross-functional delivery teams alongside other engineers, designers, and product managers in building software to help improve healthcare.
Our team brings a diverse set of technical and cultural backgrounds and we like to think pragmatically in choosing the tools most appropriate for the job at hand.
- Here are some of the ways we bring value to doctors
- Our data engineering stack run on Python, MySQL, Spark, and Airflow
- Our production application stack is hosted on AWS and we deploy to production on average 50 times per day
- We have over 350 private repositories in Github containing our applications, forks of gems, our own internal gems, and open-source projects
- We have worked as a distributed team for a long time; we're currently about 65% distributed
- Find out more information on the Doximity engineering blog
- Our company core values
- Our recruiting process
- Our product development cycle
- Our on-boarding & mentorship process
Here's How You Will Make an Impact
- Improve the performance and scalability of services, optimize our REST and GraphQL APIs
- Address security concerns and proficiently maintain our application stack
- Troubleshoot issues across the whole stack, such as high-load, memory full, network issues and come up with temporary/long term solutions based on the root cause
- Hands-on maintenance on our Ruby on Rails and Go (Golang) applications
- Increase our automated test coverage and deployment infrastructure robustness
- Manage infrastructure using Chef and Terraform
- Active involvement in design, implementation, and maintenance of the development, staging, and production infrastructure and services your team is responsible for
- Create concise postmortems in the event of an outage
- Write and maintain run-books for other engineers to leverage
- Ensure proper security, monitoring, alerting, and reporting for the applications your team is responsible for
- Collaborate with other engineers to make sound infrastructure decisions, improve workflow, and deploy applications ready for production
- Monitor capacity, cost and plan for upgrades
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- You are a Ruby engineer at heart, very familiar and passionate about the Rails ecosystem
- You are knowledgeable of memory and CPU profiling tools to help adjust Ruby jobs and processes to use resources effectively
- You have experience working with Terraform and Chef (or similar tooling) either in a DevOps or product support capacity
- You have experience deploying, configuring, and maintaining NGINX
- You are proficient with Unix, AWS, and Git
- You are self-motivated and able to manage yourself and your own queue
- You are a problem solver with a passion for simple, clean, and maintainable solutions
- You agree that concise and effective written and verbal communication is a must for a successful team
- You are able to maintain a minimum of 5 hours overlap with 9:30 to 5:30 PM Pacific time
- You can dedicate about two weeks per year for travel to company events
Benefits & Perks
- Generous time off policy
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, vision, dental, Life/ADD, 401k, flex spending accounts, commuter benefits, equipment budget, and continuous education budget
- Pre-IPO stock incentives
- .. and much more! For a full list, see our career page
More info on Doximity
We’re thrilled to be named the Fastest Growing Company in the Bay Area, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies. Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team. We work on amazing products that over 70% of US doctors (and over one million healthcare professionals) use to make their busy lives a little easier. We’re driven by the goal of improving inefficiencies in our $3.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing steadily, and there’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact.
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Rainforest QA is an on-demand QA solution. It’s our mission to enable development teams to deliver bug-free software while moving at the speed of continuous delivery. We are truly a global team, allowing us to bring together the best and most diverse talent. Our commitment to the distributed team model and to our company values has earned us multiple culture and workplace awards and helped us build a diverse team of individuals working toward the same goal: change the way QA is done.DevOps EngineerAs a DevOps Engineer at Rainforest QA you'll be part of an experienced and diverse team with members all over the world.We were built as a distributed team from the beginning and we've committed to implementing tools and processes that allow for and support continuous and effective communication across the world.What you'll do
- Rainforest QA automatically runs hundreds of thousands of tests each day for our clients and each test is run in a dedicated, newly provisioned virtual machine (VM) to guarantee a reliable and repeatable testing environment. You will be working to improve how we create, manage, and deploy these VMs.
- Work with our customer facing teams to triage, troubleshoot, and fix bugs
- Help other team members to achieve their goals
What we’re looking for
- Continuously learn about new technologies and ways to solve problems
- 3 years of Linux system administration with experience in running VMs on Linux
- Experience of Jenkins
- Experience of using Git
- Can script in shell and Ruby, Perl, or Python
- Ubuntu Linux system configuration and maintenance
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- An ownership mindset: you should look not only at what you’re asked to do, but ask why you’re doing it and how it impacts on the rest of the product, our customers, and whether it makes sense. We expect you to be responsible for your work and to resolve any bugs you might ship
- Excitement to learn: this position is mainly focused on creating new and maintaining existing Virtual Machines;we expect you to learn, use, and develop DevOp tools - and to play an active role in suggesting alternatives
- Excellent communication skills and able to give and receive constructive feedback
- Happy to review code and have your code reviewed
- Can work effectively remotely with remote team members(we are a fully distributed company)
About our stack
- Comfortable working in a large codebase with many stakeholders
- We work with Agile methodologies
- AWS / Google Cloud Platform / GKE
Identify with our company values
- No BS, No Ego: We are radically candid with each other in every interaction. This means a lack of politics, a lack of showboating, a lack of BS. This also means brevity, clarity of thought, and clarity of communication. We give and take feedback without ego, with the knowledge that we all are operating with good intent. No ego is the check system to balance no BS and keep it kind. No ad-hominem attacks.
- 1% better every day: Continuous improvement is what motivates us. We design our product, our organization and our careers to be continually improving. Mistakes are only bad if they are repeated. Experiments are only wasted if they are not learned from.
How we'll reward you
- Own the journey: We are all owners. We demand that of each other. The journey we own is threefold: our customers’ journey, our company’s journey and our personal journey. Our reason for existence is to nail our customer journey, so that we can scale our company’s success.
- Flexible, remote work options
- Generous vacation time
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Professional development, career coaching, and conference attendance
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSIONAt Rainforest QA we believe that diverse teams improve our business. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 3 offsites per year: every ~4 months we arrange an offsite for the whole company to get together so we can get to know our colleagues better and understand what we need to do. The location is ever changing, so you will get to see some new places!
We are looking for a talented mid or senior Lead DevOps engineer to join our team at Prominent Edge. We are a small company of 24+ developers and designers who put themselves in the shoes of our customers and make sure we deliver strong solutions. Our projects and the needs of our customers vary greatly; therefore, we always choose the technology stack and approach that best suits the particular problem and the goals of our customers. As a result, we want developers who do high-quality work, stay current, and are up for learning and applying new technologies when appropriate. We want engineers who have an in-depth knowledge of Amazon Web Services and are up for using other infrastructures when needed. We understand that for our team to perform at its best, everyone needs to work on tasks that they enjoy. Most of our projects are web applications which and often have a geospatial aspect to them. We also really take care of our employees as demonstrated in our exceptional benefits package. Check out our website at http://prominentedge.com for more information and apply through http://prominentedge.com/careers.Required Skills
- Minimum of 4 years of total experience to include a minimum of 1 years of web or software development experience.
- Experience automating the provisioning of environments by designing, implementing, and managing configuration and deployment infrastructure as code solutions.
- Experience delivering scalable solutions utilizing Amazon Web Services: EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, API Gateway, Message Queues, and CloudFormation Templates.
- Experience with deploying and administering kubernetes on AWS or GCP or Azure.
- Capable of designing secure and scalable solutions.
- Strong *nix administration skills.
- Development in a Linux environment using Bash, Powershell, Python, JS, Go, or Groovy
- Experience automating and streamlining build, test, and deployment phases for continuous integration
- Experience with automated deployment technologies such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Experience administering automated build environments such as Jenkins and Hudson
- Experience configuring and deploying logging and monitoring services - fluentd, logstash, GeoHashes, etc.
- Experience with Git/GitHub/GitLab.
- Experience with DockerHub or a container registry.
- Experience with building and deploying containers to a production environment.
- Strong knowledge of security and recovery from a DevOps perspective.
- Experience as a Lead Engineer
- Experience with RabbitMQ and administration.
- Experience with kops.
- Experience with HashiCorp Vault, administration, and Goldfish; frontend Vault UI.
- Experience with helm for deployment to kubernetes.
- Experience with CloudWatch.
- Experience with Ansible and/or a configuration management language.
- Experience with Ansible Tower; not necessary.
- Experience with VPNs; OpenVPN preferable.
- Experience with network administration and understanding network topology and architecture.
- Experience with AWS spot instances or Google preemptible.
- Experience with Grafana administration, SSO (okta or jumpcloud preferable), LDAP / Active Directory administration, CloudHealth or cloud cost optimization.
- Experience with kubernetes-based software - example - heptio/ark, ingress-nginx, anchore engine.
- Familiarity with the ELK Stack
- Familiarity with basic administrative tasks and building artifacts on Windows
- Familiarity with other cloud infrastructures such as Cloud Foundry
- Strong web or software engineering experience
- Familiarity with security clearances in case you contribute to our non-commercial projects.
- Not only you get to join our team of awesome playful ninjas, we also have great benefits:
- Six weeks paid time off per year (PTO+Holidays).
- Six percent 401k matching, vested immediately.
- Free PPO/POS healthcare for the entire family.
- We pay you for every hour you work. Need something extra? Give yourself a raise by doing more hours when you can.
- Want to take time off without using vacation time? Shuffle your hours around in any pay period.
- Want a new MacBook Pro laptop? We'll get you one. If you like your MacBook Pro, we’ll buy you the new version whenever you want.
- Want some training or to travel to a conference that is relevant to your job? We offer that too!
- This organization participates in E-Verify.
The Site Reliability Engineer is responsible for the health and well-being of the production environment, implementation of new and existing components, and maintaining and modernizing the processes and methods used within our platform. They will be expected to interface with the rest of the operations, development and business teams, lead assigned projects, participate in peer mentoring and operate an always-on production environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Onboard and optimize microservices using Docker
Streamline CI/CD process and green/blue deployment
Optimize resource usage to meet KPI targets
Maintain and evolve monitoring and notification systems
Create and maintain documentation on new services, procedures, and requirements
Participate in an on-call schedule established by your manager, and be ready and available while on-call to immediately diagnose and resolve incidents.
Participate in the diagnosis and resolution of escalated critical emergency incidents.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Linux / Unix system administration skills, 5-10 years operations experience
Strong time and project management skills and attention to detail
Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks
Experience with multiple cloud hosting providers, and extensive experience with AWS
Experience with virtualization and containerization (i.e. docker)
Experience with RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch and Redis
Experience with monitoring and metrics systems (i.e. nagios, grafana)
Experience with configuration management systems (i.e. Ansible, Chef)
Solid scripting skills (i.e. shell scripts, Ruby, Python, Go)
Authorized to work in the United States and pass standard background checks for compliance standards
About PerconaPercona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.Percona open source database expertise helps businesses avoid downtime and outages, meet customer experience expectations, foster operational and developer collaboration and manage enterprise risks through sound database architecture frameworks.Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries, the ability to work remote and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.Percona is an industry leader in providing elite services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.What’s the job?Percona Support is a global, elite team of super hero engineers who love getting to the bottom of weird and interesting database behaviour. We understand our customers’ business needs and the nuances of their technical environments. This allows us to help our customers see the big picture and identify opportunities to improve their overall database infrastructures.This is not a boring, entry-level role where you’ll just be triaging the boring and monotonous.You’ll be teaming with some of the most well known database ninjas in the industry who are even better teammates, friends and mentors. You’ll have the opportunity to develop your own skills and become more powerful than you can possibly imagine…. with databases.What does it take to be a Percona Superhero?
- Exceptional knowledge of both MySQL and InnoDB
- Be a wizard with databases and associated technical configurations
- Knowledgeable about performance tuning, query optimization, & index tuning
- Experience with backup solutions such as XtraBackup, & MyDumper
- Experience with HA solutions such as MHA
- Detailed understanding of monitoring requirements
- Demonstrable experience of administering Linux based systems
- Ability to troubleshoot methodically, identifying and applying fixes for known errors, and when necessary, capacity to think outside of the box to resolve complex issues
- Enthused to expand your skillset with new technologies as the industry continues to evolve
- Availability to travel for the occasional team meeting, conference and customer visit
It's a bonus if you have experience with these:
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Galera / XtraDB Cluster, & HAProxy
- Cloud Services such as AWS and RDS or hosting providers like Rackspace
- Nagios, Percona Monitoring Plugins (PMM) and other monitoring tools
- Configuration management solutions such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Percona Toolkit suite
- MySQL DBA, Professional Certifications
- Kubernetes / OpenShift / Docker
strongDM is a customer-first company that has a rabid fan base. When was the last time you heard things like:
Splunk's CISO Joel Fulton says "strongDM gives you what you can’t get any other way- the ability to see what happens, replay and analyze incidents."
Chef's co-founder Adam Jacob says "strongDM takes the friction out of getting staff access to the systems they need."
We built a technical product for technical buyers who have a high bar and low tolerance for sales spin. Customers love us because:
The product rocks: strongDM fundamentally changes the relationship between InfoSec, DevOps, and end users. Enforce the controls security needs while making it easier to facilitate access.
Customers trust us: we built a technical product for technical buyers. We do not use jargon. There is no alternative but to always be technically accurate. We are not afraid to admit product gaps.
We’re real humans: we built a serious product without taking ourselves too seriously. Each member of the team is deadly good at their job, and yet we crack jokes on the phone with customers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As it says above :) Product is one of the three fundamental tenets of the strongDM business. It needs to work: seamlessly, effectively, and confidently. It’s written by engineers, for engineers. It’s outrageously difficult to build and yet must be the polar opposite to use.
Welcome to the Product Design at strongDM! You’ll work with the Technical Account Management, Engineering and Support Teams (+ a Product Manager!) to define problems & goals, map user flows, create prototypes, and launch new features and products. You’ll be designing elegant interactions to manage a complex technical platform for technical users -- no easy feat. :)
Have a strong sense of ownership -- you’ll be our only Product Designer so if you can’t handle it, no one can
3-8 years of experience with end-to-end product design
Experience designing for business and developer-focused products
Can solve complex problems with the right balance of flexibility, power, and ease of use
Are skilled in explaining your work, process, and decisions
Able to quickly identify user patterns of behaviors and can leverage them to make a seamless experience
Can think in terms of large systems but also zoom into smaller features -- no detail is lost on you but you won’t get stuck in the weeds
Fluent with a design tool like Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, or Invision
Have cross-platform design experience (Web, android, iOS, emails)
Extremely competitive benefits, including:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
401k, HSA, FSA, short / long-term disability, 3 month parental leave
3 weeks PTO + standard holidays
Equity in a fast-growing startup
No travel required
TO APPLY: email [email protected]; Attn: Product Designer
The Role: Product Manager
Location: Continental US, Remote required
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Welcome to the Product Management at strongDM! You ensure that what the Technical Account Management and Support Teams hear day-to-day gets integrated into the product. You advocate for trends which only you can see (Kubernetes wasn’t in product workloads for years until it was, overnight). You talk to customers. You talk to everyone. You read all the things. You advocate for what we build, when we build, and how we build (in tandem with a Product Designer). Product starts and stops with you.
Manage technical software products from planning to production
Know what you don’t know… get to know our customers, articulate their problems, and dig in deep to understand exactly what they need (not necessarily what they think they need)
2 - 5 years building or PMing a technical product
An outrageously good nose for superb end user experience
You don’t need to code, but you need to quickly gain an in-depth understanding of software systems, understand and weigh in on trade-offs, make meaningful contributions to discussions on software architecture, security, etc. So… experience as a software engineer or equivalent would be OUTSTANDING :)
Familiarity with security, compliance, infrastructure, networking, or auditing products a strong plus.
Understand developer-centric products and all the requisite implications of marketing to that buyer
Can see the forest through the trees - yes, you’re outlining features, but we need solid business judgment and justification too
Gets stuff done, achieving significant results under tight timeframes. We all pull our own weight here.
Comfortable interacting with customers and coworkers alike
Humble - we all make mistakes. Every single one of us.
Extremely competitive benefits, including:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
401k, HSA, FSA, short / long-term disability, 3 month parental leave
3 weeks PTO + standard holidays
Equity in a fast-growing startup
No travel required
TO APPLY: email [email protected]; Attn: Product Manager
Salary: $110,000 - $160,000
At Stack Overflow, our mission is to serve developers. Whether we’re helping developers get public answers to their questions, work more efficiently with their team, or find a new job, we build products that make millions of developers’ lives better every day. We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our team, working on our flagship public Q&A product. http://stackoverflow.com/
Stack Overflow Q&A today has over 17 million question and answer pairs, sees 50 million unique visitors a month, and has been visited over 12 billion times in the past decade. You’ll be leading one of the largest, most engaging products on the internet. While we’re proud of how far we’ve come, we need your help to make Stack Overflow an attractive community for the next 10 million developers. You’ll have a broad mandate from new user onboarding, acquisition, and core Q&A functionality to user privileges, reputation, moderator tools and much more.
You’ll have the opportunity to do a lot. You can expect during your first year:
- First Month: Get onboarded and brought up to speed on our current plans. You’ll spend a lot of time learning about our products, building rapport with the product, engineering, marketing, and community teams, and contributing to small features.
- Next 3 Months: Acquire a deep understanding through past and new user research of the biggest opportunities to serve different segments of our users. This will include specific focus on improving the experience for highly active users and moderators, providing high quality tools and features they need to contribute to Stack Overflow in a meaningful way. You’ll build prototypes, talk with users, write specs and pitch projects to your team and the company.
- Next 8 months: You can expect to start taking a leadership role developing the long term roadmap for the public Q&A sites. You’ll be involved not just in product development, but in defining long term strategy, improving our processes, and advocating for all developers that use Stack Overflow.
We like to work in public. Not only does that mean being open within the company about what the product team is building, we also try and bring the developer community in as soon as we’re able. Here are some examples of how we have done this historically:
- Introducing “The Loop”: A Foundation in Listening
- We’re Rewarding the Question Askers
- Research Update: A/B Testing the New Question Form
We’re looking to hire the best person wherever you are in the world. We work remotely so you can work from home and interact with the team over Google Hangouts and chat, usually during US or European working hours. We have offices in New York, London and Munich, so if you’re in (or want to relocate to) one of those cities you can, and our offices are awesome.Skills & Requirements:
What you’ll do:
- Help set the product strategy for the public Q&A sites, and lead the team that is executing on that strategy
- Contribute to detailed user research and customer segmentation to understand the core issues developers care about and core issues that cause them not to contribute
- Propose new products and features and pitch them to the company and community
- Start with high-level goals and turn them into detailed functional specs, and work with developers and designers to create rapid prototypes
- Define and monitor metrics to determine the effectiveness of features, and administer split tests to learn whether a change is an improvement
- Interact with our community of developers to gather ideas and feedback
- Support go-to-market strategies with the marketing and community teams
What we want to see:
What we value:
- A track record of coming up with ideas for, building, and shipping web software
- Minimum of 4 years as a product manager/product owner
- A deep understanding of Stack Overflow and other Stack Exchange network sites
- Has worked on a community based product or participates in online communities
- Excellent spec-writing and UX skills
- An understanding of the technical implications of what you ask the team to do
- Excellent telecommuting skills. Even if you work from one of our offices, many of our team members are remote
- Experience with usability testing and A/B tests
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly through written word (whether that's meta or forum posts, specs, blogging, or anything else)
- Servant Leadership: The best managers lead by empowering and inspiring their team to do their best work.
- Collaboration: The best products are created when people from different backgrounds and disciplines work closely together in an environment of respect and trust.
- Transparency: Trust is built on openness and transparency. If there is not a good reason to keep it a secret, we share it. For example, we share our complete engineering salary formula.
- Inclusion: We do our best work when we can be our whole selves at work. We’re committed to policies and benefits that support people, and managers who foster an open and inclusive culture.
When you apply... Please include an up-to-date resume, and a cover letter explaining why you’re interested in working at Stack Overflow.What you’ll get in return:
- Ability to work remotely, with flexible hours
- 20 days paid vacation + holidays
- Completely free health insurance - no copay, no premiums (US residents)
- Generous parental leave (10-16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely…. We’ll help you set up a great home office, with an ergonomic chair, standing desk, and any other equipment you need to do your job.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll get your own private office in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.About Stack Overflow
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing.
We believe in hiring smart people and getting out of their way. We have an office in New York with some of the best amenities of any New York startup, and we have people who work remotely all over the world. We keep meetings and ceremony to an absolute minimum.
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
Elevate Labs is on a mission to improve people's minds.The ability to write well and speak eloquently deeply affects your trajectory in life, regardless of profession. Unfortunately, many people leave high school and even college extremely unprepared in these areas. We developed our flagship mobile app, Elevate, to help bridge this gap, through 35 games (and more on the way) that teach concrete cognitive skills. Elevate has over 25 million downloads and has received numerous accolades, including Apple’s App of the Year award.The Elevate app was just the beginning. We’ve recently launched Balance, a personalized meditation app, that helps people with their stress, sleep, focus, and much more. It’s a truly customized experience that makes meditation more accessible to millions of people.Join us in creating the future of products that help people live healthy, joyful, and productive lives.About the Elevate Data team:We are an iterative, data-driven team with an emphasis on impact. We are also lean and highly technical; always learning interesting new ways to automate our efforts so we don’t have to do the same work repeatedly or take on unnecessary overhead.About you:We’re seeking an experienced manager to help accelerate our rapid growth in the wake of a recent Series B funding round. As a manager, you will drive the analytics strategy to improve our product and inform our acquisition strategy. You will set the course for new data tools and innovations, drawing on past expertise to architect the right solutions for evolving needs and continuously prioritizing for greater impact.What you’ll do here:
- Define the roadmap surrounding reporting, analytics and data infrastructure.
- Work with all areas of the business to provide data-driven decision making and build a culture where decisions are made based off of data.
- Conceive and develop new analytic tools to drive acquisition scale and ROI, including LTV and CAC modeling, attribution models, predictive product modeling, etc.
- Define teamwide best practices in tracking, data organization, acquisition/engagement/product analytics, and A/B testing.
- Work closely with the Engineering team to define our ideal technical data infrastructure.
- Continuously support product and acquisition efforts with actionable insights and access to data.
- Advocate for data excellence and resourcing while communicating data strategies, wins and goals to the broader team.
What we’re looking for:
- Find the impact in the data and coach your teammates to do the same.
- You have 7+ years of marketing and product analytics experience, including acquisition and engagement data.
- You have 3+ years managing, recruiting, and coaching analysts.
- You have 5+ years of advanced statistics and/or Python skills.
- You are an expert in SQL and using SQL to optimize access to data and insights.
- You have BI tool (e.g. Looker), and data warehouse (e.g. Redshift/Postgres) experience.
- You have a razor-sharp eye for analytical detail and know-how to build and automate now to save time later.
Benefits & Perks
- You are a confident, unwavering advocate of the importance of rigorous data.
- Delicious and healthy chef-cooked meals
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) plan
- Commuter benefits
- Fully paid parental leave
Bonus Points:You have experience in the consumer mobile space.At Elevate Labs we value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Competitive salary and equity