Remote app dev Jobs in March 2020
5 Remote app dev Jobs in March 2020Post a job
If you had the best ERP tool that powered some of the highest profile Architecture and Engineering firms in the U.S., what would you do? Make it even better! The Clearview team is committed to consistently delivering new features to its suite of products and we are just getting started! We want to grow our team, tackle even bigger challenges and do amazing things. We work in focused, agile-based, teams to constantly improve our code base, add new ways of interfacing with the system and have amassed a large backlog of interesting technical challenges and product initiatives. We want to grow to enable even greater success within our industry. This is where you come in!
We are seeking a Senior Front End Engineer to help build out our new web and mobile apps (React.js and React Native) and refactor some of our current generation stack in use (Java and Vue.js). We're looking for a dynamic individual who is no stranger to building well-designed, performant and effective front end web applications that support complex business rules/flows. You will start by learning from the experiences of our current team and our current offerings and become intimately familiar with our Vue.js codebase. As you improve in your understanding of our business logic, you will contribute your React/Angular/Vue.js experiences by helping add features to our current Vue.js app as well as greenfield development in React.js and React Native. You will leverage your experience to establish best practices for web development and drive the team and the codebase to a higher level.
The ideal candidate will look not only to help contribute, collaborate, and develop their career, but will be hungry to assist others in the development of their own careers as well. You’ll have the chance to set the tone of the platform you’ll be working on.
- Contribute to new and existing projects by developing and maintaining and reliable set of edge applications
- Collaborate with other teams to build shared microservices that can serve many applications and scale independently
- Enable our product team to tap into our valuable data sources and build incredible features for our customers
- Actively participate in multiple Unanet development projects and work together to build high-quality solutions
- Provide constructive feedback on pull requests to increase code quality organically
- If remote, you will immerse yourself in a virtual “Bootcamp” for 1-2 weeks with support from our senior development and product team, enabling you to better understand our culture, our product, and our tech stack
- You will work with the Lead, QA and DevOps team to better understand our product offering (Vue.js) and new web offering (React.js)
- Working with the Lead, you will help implement a front end technical roadmap that takes scalability, testing and performance into account and present a gap analysis of what potentially can be done better based on our current solution
- You will be responsible for taking on development items to get your hands in the current Web stack (75-90% of your time)
- Along with user stories and product features, you will help work on a backlog of technical infrastructure work that was identified in the first 30 days
- You will aid in creating an efficient and effective SDLC process and work to better support your Scrum (PO, QA, fellow developers)
- You will play an integral role in delivering our Q2 2020
- You will help instill the discipline of effectively monitoring and creating work items from production issues
- You will further our tech stack by continuing to help implement the technical roadmap and future deliveries
We need developers that share our passion for building and scaling cutting-edge Web and Mobile Apps in a fast-paced startup - one that already has the benefit of thousands of customers and millions of dollars in revenue. We are looking for candidates who have:
- 5+ years experience developing single-page web applications
- 4+ years React, Angular or other frameworks
- 3+ years experience with C# or Java
- Ability to flesh out user stories to be consumed by the rest of the team
- Experience working in an agile environment (e.g., Scrum, Kanban)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent technical design, problem-solving and debugging skills
More About You
- Ability to work and collaboration with team members remotely
- Exposure to Mobile App development
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent engineering degree
With headquarters in Dulles, Virginia, Unanet serves more than 2,000 businesses with its ERP software solutions purpose-built for professional service organizations. Unanet's software helps project-driven organizations reliably plan, track and manage projects, people, and financials. Unanet's customer-centric culture means we strive to deliver insights with personal service.
At Unanet you will work collaboratively with colleagues equally committed to achieving customers' expectations. We take pride in delivering more than technology, but also the extra support and service customers need.
Selected as one of the 'Top Places to Work' three years running, Unanet's culture is collaborative, dedicated and energetic. We offer a competitive salary, health and life insurance benefits, and the potential for bonus.
Unanet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Beat is one of the most exciting companies to ever come out of the ride-hailing space. One city at a time, all across the globe we make transportation affordable, convenient, and safe for everyone. We also help hundreds of thousands of people earn extra income as drivers.
Today we are the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in Latin America. But serving millions of rides every day pales in comparison to what lies ahead. Our plans for expansion are limitless. Our stellar engineering team operates across a number of European capitals where, right now, some of the world’s most ambitious and talented engineers are changing how cities will move in the future.
Beat is currently available in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Argentina.
About the role
Are you a Senior Android Developer who has excellent problem solving skills and loves technical challenges? If yes, then jump into our Beat team and build with us an amazing product with international reach!
Our Android team is working on some great features that are significantly improving the way people interact with our app and move in the city, and we’re ready to deploy a number of very cool new services to expand our footprint in the market.
You will get the opportunity to work on one of the most used and well liked apps in the Latin America (#1 in Transportation Category and 5 million active users). What is interesting is that you will work not only on one, but two large scale apps, both at the same time (Passenger, Driver).
Beat takes great care of all employees and your personal development is at our utmost interest. As such, a generous conference allowance is provided to help you improve your skill set and enrich your knowledge (Droidcon, KotlinConf, Google I/O).
With the various tools and communication technologies we're using, you'll feel connected to your team. Our remote workforce works East Europe Timezone hours (10am - 6pm) and has always the option to travel to our headquarters for meetings, events, and team bonding—or they can join virtually. Whatever works best for you and your work style.
What you'll do day in day out:
Take ownership and have an impact on the product
Assist the product team with shaping the product’s vision
Be part of one of our agile, cross-functional teams (mobile, backend, QA, design and product)
Be involved in designing and implementing new product ideas
Analyze current state of the codebase, propose architectural and technological improvements, automate processes and scale the Android team
Take full ownership of building apps from architecturing to coding, testing and publishing (minSdk 21)
Work side by side with designers to create scalable UIs
Coach and mentor fellow engineers
Constantly learn, improve on your skills, share knowledge and adapt to industry-wide best practices, processes and conventions
Experiment on pure engineering tasks that can improve the team’s day-to-day life
What you need to have:
3+ years of native Android app development experience
Expert understanding of the Android ecosystem and UI building blocks
Passion for the Android platform
Understanding of Agile development methodologies
Detail-oriented, focusing on writing maintainable code of high quality (Clean Code, Clean Architecture)
Experience in developing apps with Kotlin
Experience with Android architectural patterns (MVP, MVVM)
Experience working with RESTful APIs
PR and code reviews expertise
A strong sense of ownership in your work
Experience with testing (Unit/Integration/UI Automation)
Experience in version control and source code management platforms (Git, Github)
You stay up to date on the latest technology, trends and keep yourself informed about best practices during app development
Have a positive mindset, be proactive and a team player
What it's nice to have:
Experience with MVI
Experience with Asynchronous programming (Coroutines)
Experience with Dependency Injection
Experience with Geo-Location based apps
Experience with the Jetpack family
Experience with TDD
Experience with Gradle and CI/CD
Open source contributions and projects
Active participant at meet-ups and conferences in the Android community
Experience working with remote teams
What's in it for you:
Competitive salary package
Flexible working hours
High tech equipment and top line tools
A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
Being part of an environment that gives engineers large goals, autonomy, mentoring and creates incredible opportunities both for you and the company
Please note that you will be working as a contractor.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
Clevertech is seeking a Mobile Developer who has a strong background in Ionic to join us in developing premium native experiences for our consumers. In this role, you will deliver well designed, highly testable, and resilient mobile applications. You will also be instrumental in driving our mobile technology roadmap forward and evangelizing mobile development and testing practices. The successful candidate is both deeply experienced with mobile development and a team player that thrives in a collaborative agile environment.
You can deliver quickly while being clever to avoid missteps. You have an effective positive attitude that shines as you show your care about client and colleague concerns. You are always learning and are a transparent communicator even when it is challenging. You thrive on challenging yourself daily and seek to surround yourself with like-minded individuals.
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Ionic framework experience required
- Ionic Pro experience
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Strong communicator and fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge about the Lean Startup and Agile Methodologies* Minimum 3 years of cumulative mobile app development, design, and/or architecture experience with technology experience from at least one of the following areas:
- Server-side/Middleware (REST API services, microservices)
- Native Applications (iOS, Android)
How We Work
Why do people join Clevertech? To make an impact. To grow themselves. To be surrounded by developers who they can learn from. We are truly excited to be creating waves in an industry under transformation.
True innovation comes from an exchange of knowledge across all of our teams. To put people on the path for success, we nurture a culture built on trust, collaboration, and personal growth. You will work in small feature-based cross-functional teams and be empowered to take ownership.
We make a point of constantly evolving our experience and skills. We value diverse perspectives and fostering personal growth by challenging everyone to push beyond our comfort level and try something new.
The result? We produce meaningful work
We hire people from a variety of backgrounds who are respectful, collaborative, and introspective. Members of the tech team, for example, come from diverse backgrounds having worked as copy editors, graphic designers, and photographers prior to joining Clevertech.
Our hiring process focuses not only on your skills but also on your professional and personal ambitions. We want to get to know you. We put a lot of thought into the interview process in order to get a holistic understanding of you while being mindful of your time. You will solve problems derived from the work we do on a daily basis followed by thoughtful discussions around potential fit. Whatever the outcome, we want you to have a great candidate experience.
Want to learn more about Clevertech and the team? Check out clevertech.careers.
Formstack transforms the way you collect data and put it to work.
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer to help us accomplish this mission!
Formstack is a 14-year-old company with its roots in Indianapolis. Our customers span 110 different countries, and our employees live and work across the U.S. and the globe. We provide a work environment that is flexible and provides great freedom for those who can perform. We are seeking people who demonstrate an ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Who You Are:
What You Will Do:
- Your primary focus will be the development of server-side capabilities on our eSignature SaaS platform and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
- You will execute projects, fix bugs, write tests, reduce technical debt, and maintain our documentation.
- You will collaborate with various teams on a daily basis to make sure what we are creating will support both our internal and external stakeholders.
- You will work with a Scrum methodology to make sure features ship as they are planned and scheduled.
What We Are Looking For:
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks such as Express to build RESTful APIs returning JSON
- DevOps experience and mentality - You recognize the importance of automating all build, test, and deploy activities for an application and have experience with CI/CD tools such as CircleCI, Jenkins, GitHub Actions and provisioning tools such as Terraform or Cloudformation.
- Solid foundation in writing queries and updating NoSQL databases such as AWS DynamoDB
- Understanding of serverless tools (AWS Lambda, serverless.com and/or Claudia.js frameworks)
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3 and React/AngularJS
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with object-oriented development with Java a plus - especially with using Java APIs for PDF manipulation such as iText, Apache PDFBox, or JPedal
- Mobile app development experience
- Experience working with well-performing agile teams
- Experience working on a SaaS product
- Experience integrating with 3rd party web applications (through REST API))
- AWS certifications
What Formstack Offers:
- Free health plans, as well as company-paid Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance Benefits for full-time employees.
- Unlimited PTO for all employees
- 401k with matching company contribution for full-time employees
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Company-paid conferences and extended learning
- Yearly company gatherings
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? CLICK HERE to hear from some current Formstackers about what matters most!
Formstack is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
All data collected in our application process from resume collection to application questions is used for recruitment purposes only. We will store it in our applicant tracking system, JazzHR, and will not share this data with anyone else. We will keep your data until the role is filled and only continue to store it if we feel you may fit future roles.
Thank you for your interest in Formstack!
Who We Are
Our mission is to improve the future of work by helping people find flexible jobs that make their lives better. We are committed to doing this internally and externally with integrity, intelligence, balance, communication, and care.
In the past 13 years, FlexJobs has established itself as the leader in the professional flexible job market to help job seekers connect with employers that offer these highly desired arrangements, as well as to help employers reach these candidates. We do this in a way that makes the job search experience easier, safer, and faster for job seekers, by utilizing both technology and human intelligence to provide a friendly, effective, and valuable service.
In terms of work flexibility, we also walk the talk! This is a remote job, as our entire team works remotely from locations all across the United States. Not only that, but having a great company culture is really important to us, and we’ve even been named one of Outside magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019) and Best Company Culture by Entrepreneur magazine (2018, 2017, and 2015).
Responsibilities of the Job - The Opportunity
We are looking for an experienced iOS developer to join our team. This person will work with our product and development teams to build quality applications, fix bugs, maintain the code, and implement updates as needed.
The ideal candidate will have been a lead app developer or be someone who worked independently. We are looking for someone who has built apps that are currently available in the App Store.
3-5 years of experience in iOS development
Fluent in Swift, SwiftUI, and UIKit
Experience with mobile app networking, storage, and Cocoapods
Must have worked on recent consumer-facing projects
Experience working with a small and/or entrepreneurially spirited company
Bonus Points Given
Experience in the job/employment space
Experience with subscription-based apps
Experience with Ruby on Rails
Traits and Skills for This Role
Must be comfortable working independently and in small teams
Ability to work quickly and responsibly to meet deadlines and follow timelines
You have to really love coding...like, you need to be one of those people who writes code for fun
Traits Required of All Team Members, You Included
A sense of pride in your work
A streak of perfectionism when it comes to details
Being highly organized, responsible, and ethical
Being proactive when it comes to asking questions, brainstorming, and working with colleagues
Excellent time management and organizational skills
An appreciation and enthusiasm for the ability to work remotely
Interest in a long-term position with a company that you’re proud to be a part of
A fully functioning home office with a reliable development environment
A workspace in which you can really focus without distractions