The best remote jobs, hand-picked daily.Post a job for $299
PHP is at the heart of Help Scouts web app-- it touches nearly everything we do. Your work will empower over 9,000 businesses around the world to provide great customer service, and will support other senior engineers on your team.
Tools we use:
- PHP 7.x
- Lumen, Laravel, Symfony Console, and a custom PHP framework with League components
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB
- React & Redux, Backbone & Marionette
- Webpack, Babel, ES6, and Pusher
- Modular and functional CSS with Help Scout Seed
- Component-based design systems with Help Scout Blue
About the role
- On a typical day you may help a customer with an issue, work on a new feature, create a third party integration or enhance back-end tools. On any given project, you will be communicating with internal APIs, integrating with 3rd party services, optimizing processes using Redis, RabbitMQ and various AWS services, and wrapping it all up in support of a React or Backbone/Marionette front end.
- Our engineering teams work in two-week iterations, communicate mostly via Slack and are committed to remote, agile development. When you are ready, youll create and send a pull request with test cases and tag your team for review. The team pair as needed over video or screen-sharing sessions.
- We have invested heavily in local Docker development and AWS-based continuous integration and delivery so you can get setup fast. Any development branch can be easily tested on environments that closely match production. Youll work autonomously for the most part and we trust you to get work done when/where you can be productive.
- Your team performs engineering support when a question cant be answered by our top-notch support team. Well get you up-to-speed with engineering support so you can help our customers and improve the product along the way.
- Everything is secondary to the customer experience. We expect you to have a keen sense of how your code could be changed to positively impact their experience in terms of performance, security, privacy and usability.
- You'll be working with product people that challenge you to get better every day. The founders are technical and committed to creating a magical experience for customers. You'll deploy work that moves the needle for businesses around the world.
- You are very experienced with modern PHP development practices and open source frameworks. Youve engineered other SaaS projects at scale and feel confident solving difficult problems. You are comfortable designing elegant solutions that degrade gracefully when faced with extreme load or stress. You viewbest practices as a starting point for critical thinking, rather than a dogma to follow.
- Your code is not only reliable and performant for customers, but can be read, maintained and understood easily by other engineers on your team. The Zen of Python resonates with you for any language.
- You believe in writing unit and integration tests and have at least tried TDD. You like owning the quality of the code you write QA doesnt mean throwing it over the wall for someone else to test. You understand that some things are too costly to automate and must be manually tested to get it right.
- You take pride in your work and ownership of the solutions you build. When a team member or customer is in need, you feel a sense of urgency to understand their pain and thoughtfully help.
- You are curious and constantly learning. Believing thata rising tide lifts all ships, you make everyone around you better sharing what you have learned and looking for ways to improve both yourself and the team.
- You enjoy the finish work and detail required to deliver a rich product with exceptional UX. From UI interactions to handling important edge cases, you take satisfaction in delivering a solid experience that delights the users, adds value to the business, and lasts over time.
- You are a humble professional who wants to be challenged by the work and not the workload. You are willing to ask for help when necessary and unafraid to say,I dont know.
- You are proactive about solving problems and improving things. You take the initiative to build tools and processes that will help everyone. You leave things better than you found them.
- You are an excellent communicator who can write and speak with empathy for our customers and team. You can easily communicate complex ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences. Clear communication is super important in a remote culture like ours.
- You believe remote teams are the future of work, or are at least excited about the idea. You have experience working with remote teams or can adjust your work/management style to be remote-friendly.
- You can work anywhere in the world as long as you have 4+ hours of overlap time with Boston, MA(9AM - 6PM ET).
About UsHelp Scout is made by roughly 80 people in 40+ cities around the world, all with a passion for excellence in their craft. We come from diverse backgrounds and are united by an enthusiasm for great products and delightful customer experiences.Since launching in April of 2011, Help Scout now powers 9,000+ support teams in over 140 countries. Our software is used and trusted by businesses of every shape and size.Designed to go the distanceOur mission is to foster the worlds customer-centric businesses by providing tools that serve customers in the most human, helpful way. While growth is important, team and values are paramount. Were always striving to do impactful work were proud of in lieu of chasing overnight success.Were builders without bordersOur entire team is free to work remotely from wherever they choose. We overcome remote challenges through transparency, trust, and video conferencing. The reward is worth the effortwell take talent, skill, and diverse perspectives over local geography any day.Above all, we want Help Scout to be a place where passionate people can do their very best work. You wont find any ping-pong tables or kegerators here. Instead, youll be surrounded by driven, supportive teammates who will push you to be better. We take work/life harmony seriously, too, as we want every career at Help Scout to be a long and satisfying one.Diversity & InclusionWe are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We have read the studies and understand that diverse teams build better products, bring more perspective to the table, contribute to a companys financial success and help foster a more inclusive environment for all employees, but the bottom line is that it's the right thing to do.
- Competitive Salary - We pay at or above market salary in most cases and evaluate a lot of research to make sure everyone is paid well. The formula we use to calculate all salaries is public to employees and is improved upon regularly.
- Health and dental insurance - We cover you and your family's health/dental insurance 100%. If you are based in the US, we'll cover you on our Aetna policy. If you're based outside the US, we offer a healthcare stipend.
- Long-term/Short-term Disability Insurance & Life Insurance - We cover 100% of the premiums for LT/ST Disability insurance and base Life Insurance. You also have the option to purchase supplementary life insurance through our provider. (currently US only)
- Flexible vacation - Take time off when you need it, we trust you.
- Paid parental leave, including adoption and foster care - 12 weeks for primary caretaker and 4 weeks for secondary caretaker.
- 401k with 1% match - via Betterment for Business (currently US only)
- Personal Development stipend - Up to $1,800 per year to improve your craft
- Great tools - Each employee will be provided with a Mac laptop and 27'' display (or equivalent equipment of choice).
- Home Office Stipend - You'll also receive $1,000 to spend on outfitting your home office, as well as up to $350 a month to rent a co-working space if you like.
- Complete transparency - Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.
We're looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join the engineering team at Zapier. Want to create a simple product that allows anyone to do complex, incredible things with the world's APIs? Then keep reading!
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Even though our job description may seem like we're looking for a specific candidate, the role inevitably ends up tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if:
You care deeply about improving frontend technology so our customers can have a great experience using our product.
You love great UX. You spend most of your time coding, but you also have an eye for great design and a feel for great UX. Maybe you were once a designer (or still are) or maybe your creative outlet has always been the code. Either way, you care about more than just the code.
You can balance lots of concerns. Frontend apps have to take into account performance (using networks and devices that we can't control), customer demands, A/B tests, UX research, code quality, a rapidly changing ecosystem of languages and modules, and the list goes on. And we actually want to ship things too! You can balance those demands without getting overwhelmed and keep the needle moving forward.
You love helping others. You love sharing knowledge with the rest of your team, building shared tooling for other engineers, giving back to the open-source community, and directly helping customers.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Research, guide, and execute frontend architecture changes, including but by no means limited to GraphQL, server-side React rendering, and Flow typing.
- Build reusable React components with modular CSS, manage data on the client with Redux and GraphQL, and test everything with Jest.
- Measure and resolve performance bottlenecks, using tools like Chrome DevTools, Lighthouse, WebPagetest, or custom tooling.
- Work closely with our product, design, and UX teams to create amazing and intuitive experiences that make it effortless to connect different apps together.
- Help put tools, processes, and documentation in place to improve our code quality.
- Review code written by other team members or other teams.
- Ship to hundreds of thousands of users every day while having lots of autonomy in terms of code and feature ownership.
- Work with complex and varied data structures (APIs can be a little, uh, eccentric).
- Help out with our Python backend or Node-based developer platform.
- Share what you know and learn either one-on-one or with lightning talks to the group.
- Give back to the community via open source and blog posts.
- Experiment: this is a startup so everything can change as we experiment with doing more custom partnership work
- As a part of Zapier's all-hands philosophy, help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible.
You’ll also have the opportunity to specialize in a variety of areas of the Zapier codebase, including core product or platform development. Focusing on a specialization will not limit your area for growth at Zapier as each engineer brings a unique perspective and can contribute differently in all areas. We encourage participation and will frequently have engineers contribute across teams to assist in projects.
For the past six years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: Planet Earth.
If you want to work remote, that's great. If you want to work near others, that's cool too. Our team of 100+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don't have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US-based employees.
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
The web engineering team is responsible for all things unsplash.com.We use modern and well-supported tools to build the best possible version of our product in collaboration with the API and design teams.At a high level, the web architecture consists of a Node server (TypeScript), with React for rendering on both the server and client.Over the years, weve taken Unsplash from a humble Tumblr blog to a fully-fledged web app supporting tens of millions of users and tons of useful features. At the same time, weve improved its performance by leveraging modern techniques like SSR, dynamic chunk-splitting, CDN HTML caching, complex state management using memoization and Observables, etc. Weve done all that with a lean team of just 2 web developers: frequent code releases and in-depth code reviews help us share knowledge and identify problems early. But theres still so much more to learn and do, and thats why we need you!We designed our company in a way to get as much of the stuff thats not the creative work out of your way, so you can do your best work. We dont believe in a top-down, shoulder-tapping, 95 type culture. You have the autonomy to manage yourself. We dont work set hours. We respect flow. We believe you should be able to structure your days for what makes you feel the most energized and creative.A glance at some of our blog posts and open source work can give you an idea on how we approach and solve our problems:Recently open sourced libraries:
Recent blog posts:
- Manipulating URL strings with
react-progressive-enhancement: A handy collection of HOCs for universally rendered apps
YouIf you tick (most of) these boxes, you should get in touch with us:
- Building the Unsplash Uploader
- Strongly-typed finite-state machines with Redux and TypeScript
- How we gradually migrated to TypeScript at Unsplash
- How we test responsive images at Unsplash
Its a bonus if you have experience with:
- Youre comfortable being part of a small, autonomous and distributed team.
- Being a small team, we dive into everything. You are comfortable working across the full stack, from writing CSS to fine tuning a CDNalthough we dont expect you to know these skills upfront, but you should be willing to learn them when they become necessary.
- Youre a quick learner whos able to pick up new concepts whenever necessary.
- Youre able to adequately prioritize between improving UX, optimizing performance, and building new features.
- Youre comfortable with React.
- You care about the end-product beyond just writing the code that makes it work.
Our team is made up of people who enjoy making things people love. We care about details and we care about quality.
- TypeScript, Redux, Reselect, Observables.
- front-end performance (e.g. optimising page load, page layout, and React rendering).
- building a large-scale app
If you want to work with us, all we want to see is a message from you. Please dont send a resume. Instead, tell us who you are. Show us relevant things youve done that youre excited about.
- Generous vacation: 3 weeks MINIMUM vacation.
- Work from home: Were a remote first company.
- Workshops/conferences: Conferences & Learning budget.
- Company retreats: Team retreats 1-2 times a year.
- Relocation: If youd like to relocate to Montreal, we provide $8,000 lump sum to cover out-of-pocket costs associated with relocation
- Flexible hours: You manage your time. You set your working hours.
- Maternal/Paternal leave: If you have a baby, youre paid for any time you need to take off. The time you take off will be your judgment. This is an important time and we dont want to be deciding which days you should be taking off or not. Well be there for you. If we feel the balance is not quite right or if you have any questions, well chat.
- Pet friendly: Obviously if you work from home, but also if you relocate to Montreal. Our office is pet friendly.
- Manipulating URL strings with
Clevertech is a leading consultancy that is on a mission to build transformational digital solutions for the world's most innovative organizations. Enterprise companies turn to Clevertech to help them launch innovative digital products that interact with hundreds of millions of customers, transactions and data points. By partnering with Clevertech these companies are propelling forward and changing their industries, business models and more.
Based in New York City with fully remote development teams, Clevertech has built core product offerings for clients whose value was revealed in transactions valued in excess of $100 million.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We are hiring team members who are passionate and energized by the vision of empowering our customers in a complex industry through technology, data and a deep understanding of client concerns. In order to grasp the scale of problems we face, ideally you have some exposure to Logistics, FinTech, Transportation, Insurance, Media or other complex multifactor industries.
What you'll do:
* Collaborate with our team in every stage of a product's lifecycle; from planning to delivery
* Create clean, modern, testable, well-documented code
* Confidently communicate daily with clients to understand and deliver technical requirements
* Manage your own workflow to meet the deadlines which you will have set with your team to ensure success
What is Required:
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline
* Database skills - You understand the use cases for relational and non-relational data, you've implemented code against several different database platforms.
* Strong communicator and fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong understanding of the agile software development process
* Excited by ambiguity and rapid changes common in early-stage product development
Our Benefits We know that people do their best work when they're taken care of. So we make sure to offer great benefits.
- Competitive Vacation Package
- Annual Financial Allowance for YOUR development
- Flexible Family Leave
- Clevertech Gives Back Program
- Clevertech U (Leadership Program, Habit Building, New Skills Training)
- Clevertech Swag
- Strong Clevertech Community
How We Work Why do people join Clevertech? To make an impact. To grow themselves. To be surrounded by developers who they can learn from. We are truly excited to be creating waves in an industry under transformation. True innovation comes from an exchange of knowledge across all of our teams. To put people on the path for success, we nurture a culture built on trust, collaboration, and personal growth. You will work in small feature-based cross-functional teams and be empowered to take ownership. We make a point of constantly evolving our experience and skills. We value diverse perspectives and fostering personal growth by challenging everyone to push beyond our comfort level and try something new. The result? We produce meaningful work
Getting Hired We hire people from a variety of backgrounds who are respectful, collaborative, and introspective. Members of the tech team, for example, come from diverse backgrounds having worked as copy editors, graphic designers, and photographers prior to joining Clevertech. Our hiring process focuses not only on your skills but also on your professional and personal ambitions. We want to get to know you. We put a lot of thought into the interview process in order to get a holistic understanding of you while being mindful of your time. You will solve problems derived from the work we do on a daily basis followed by thoughtful discussions around potential fit. Whatever the outcome, we want you to have a great candidate experience.
Want to learn more about Clevertech and the team? Check out clevertech.careers.
- work on new features with other frontend team members
- triage, unravel, test, and resolve bugs and issues
- update existing code in parallel with backend changes to ensure uninterrupted operation
- review your colleagues work on pull requests
- propose, discuss, and debate technology improvements, code organization, design patterns, and conventions employed in the front-end development environment
If you have experience or interest in these additional areas, you may have the opportunity to work with them as part of your role:
- ECMAScript (latest specification, as needed)
- Webpack + Babel (ES6 modules)
- React + Redux
- Immutable data objects
- AngularJS 1.5
- Styled Components
- Unit testing with Jest + Enzyme for React (we have over 5500 unit tests across our app)
- Jenkins for continuous integration and deployment
- End-to-end testing (we use Nightwatch.js and Docker)
- Mobile design / touch interfaces
Learn more about our team!Crunch offers competitive salary; health, dental, and vision insurance; and equity options. We are a small but growing company spread from UTC+1 to +11, mostly in the Western hemisphere. Remote work is flexible and largely independent, yet highly cooperative.We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Commitment to high development standards, including comprehensive testing in whatever language youre working
- Demonstrated ability to work with team of peers, understanding and respecting the responsibilities and expertise that developers, designers, QA folks, and others bring to the project
- Ability to provide reasonable estimates on work, meet deadlines, and take ownership and responsibility
- Well-developed principles of self-motivation and time management
We are a fast-growing and leading company in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples genetics, lab tests and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations.
- Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live a healthier and better life
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from
- We thrive on open communication and dedication
- We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities can move up in the organization fast.
- Full-time only
- Position is remote
- No agencies
- Must work a minimum of 4 hours within PST time zone between 9AM to 8PM PST
- Proficiency in React, Redux, and Redux-Saga
- Experience with React performance testing and performance optimization (React profiler, server-side rendering, code splitting/lazy loading)
- Well-versed in source control with Git
- Able to implement creative and visually-appealing frontend designs
- Ability to translate designs, wireframes, and mockups into highly-composable code
- Collaborating and troubleshooting issues with our backend team and other company stakeholders
- Writing clean, readable code and tests
- Giving and receiving feedback while working with a team
- Strong English-language communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential
- Knowledge of React Native (for mobile app development)
- Experience writing E2E tests with Cypress
- Familiarity with AWS, bitbucket, and Heroku, Material-UI
We are looking for self-motivated engineers to join our distributed team working remotely or from our offices in Manhattan & help take our platform to the next level. At HealthPrize, Frontend Engineers have a deep understanding of progressive web application fundamentals and a passion for creating innovative web solutions that impact patients worldwide. They consistently deliver large features that provide significant value to our customers. They collaborate well with others, seek input from teammates, and provide detailed code reviews.
We develop our front ends with React & Redux (using TypeScript) and will prefer candidates with demonstrated mastery of those, but the technologies you are familiar with are less important to us than your ability to demonstrate practical experience of web application development in its many forms. We want to see what you’ve done and we want you to tell us why you are proud of it..
As a successful candidate, you:
- Love to deliver useful software and respond to feedback from the people who use it
- Have strong experience as a professional developer working with a distributed team
- Are passionate about shipping code that is scalable, maintainable and well-tested
- Can successfully communicate with internal and external stakeholders to resolve operational concerns & customer issues
- Are not dogmatic in your technology choices, but have the passion and knowledge to engage in debates about various tooling and technologies
- Have experience designing, implementing, and maintaining response web application front-ends
- You care deeply about usability and are committed to providing our users with the very best experience possible
HealthPrize Technologies is the pioneer in the use of gamification, behavioral economics, and consumer marketing concepts to engage and motivate patients. Programs developed on our platform are used by life science companies to inspire brand loyalty, improve health literacy, and maximize medication adherence.
Many companies say they are entrepreneurial, but we really are, and are looking for people who are ready to contribute and make an immediate impact. We are in the midst of an exciting period of growth as we expand the number of programs developed on our platform and are seeking smart, hard-working, and self-directed individuals who can thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
While we are focused on solving serious health problems, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. If you like to work hard and have fun doing it, you’ll fit right in.
Are you passionate about innovative technologies and enjoy thinking creatively?
Excellent! You’ll be in great company!
If you're seeking an exciting career opportunity or an authentic chance to learn new technologies and feel that you are up to the challenge please get in touch – you have a place in this team and project.
We are a distributed team exploring the applications and implications of blockchain technology in the context of freedom of expression, collective memory and privacy for a better Web.
We recommend you to apply to this opening if you will wholeheartedly enjoy:
Facing the epic challenge(s) of crafting blockchain-based products;
The open source mindset, community and software;
Finding your way in a complex environment. Pushing beyond your comfort zone(s);
Getting stuff done and demonstrating results through metrics;
Always learning. Flexibility is key;
You can learn more about our adventure so far and our plans moving forward here.
By combining blockchain technologies such as Ethereum and the Inter Planetary File System (IPFS), AKASHA has the potential to change the way ideas, thoughts and experiences are shared and stored on the Internet.
With this in mind, we are searching for motivated people passionate about going beyond the scope of a narrow job position and happy to help on multiple fronts.
As part of our team you will work with some of the brightest minds in the blockchain tech space on unique and challenging ideas. You will also be in direct contact with the development and user community at large, actively participating in open discussions and brainstorming sessions.
If you are tired of working in traditional corporations crippled by office politics and bureaucracy this will be a breath of fresh air. Good ideas are valued higher than ranks here.
Experience designing modular, robust, reusable, and efficient libraries using Node.js
Experience building for both Node and browser environments
Willingness to learn and use new technologies
Ability to work as a teammate in a fast-paced team
Experience with software testing and continuous integration
Eye for detail
Good English skills, written and spoken (the team is decentralized around the world)
> Software design patterns
> Performance optimization (data structures and aglorithms)
> RESTful architecture
> Blockchain technologies such as Ethereum, IPFS, etc. (the more the better)
> Immutable JS
> Version control (Git)
Nice to have
> Front-end experience using ReactJS / Redux/Flux
> Experience as well as passion for open source projects
> A university degree in information technology
What We Offer
> The opportunity to make a positive impact in the world
> A meaningful job in a young, dynamic and friendly team
> A work environment inspiring excellence and creativity
> Competitive compensation based on experience and performance
> The chance to play with ideas that could reshape entire industries
> Continuous learning opportunities and unique challenges to take on
> Traveling opportunities to various blockchain events and conferences
> Flexible schedule
Together with a group of independent thinkers hacking under the Swiss AKASHA Foundation umbrella, we are bravely experimenting with new technologies in the search for solutions that can transform the Web into an ecosystem in service of humanity.
On this note, we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What's meaningful to us is being a friendly, passionate person resonating with our purpose and genuinely interested in doing a phenomenal job towards a better world through technology, while also having fun along the way :)
We look forward to hearing from you! o/
We're searching for a senior engineer with extensive experience building web applications that combine solid architecture, security and scalability with a focus on customer experience. You will be a vital team player who is able to balance the core platform requirements of the business with the ability to embrace new technology and best-practice innovations in the sector. Creating web services with a keen focus on API consumability is second nature. You are comfortable working on large projects, taking them forward and making recommendations to the direction they take based on evidence provided by hard data. You can spot a well designed API and have proven experience working with and developing critical APIs at scale. Split at a glance
- A single app, with a large pipeline of new integrating clients.
- Stack snapshot: Rails, RSpec, PostgreSQL, Redis, Puma, Yarn, Webpack, AWS.
- Process management: Asana, GitHub.
- TDD with 100% coverage (according to Simplecov).
- We ?? code reviews.
- Design, develop and iterate through new features.
- Provide insight and advice to other key stakeholders.
- Review and mentor other team members. Be a team player!
- Ensure production-ready high code quality.
- Continually consider the product from both a holistic and specific view-point.
- Security reviews.
- Technical planning with proven experience designing APIs with scale and security in
- Comfortable with CSS, HTML and associated front end technologies.
- Familiar with CI/CD processes.
- Highly attentive to detail (nothing is too small to notice or correct).
- DevOps and AWS
- Modern JS and frameworks (ES2018, React, Redux, etc )
- Be assiduous.
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- Be respectful.
- Be flexible.
- Be proactive.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics.
- Competitive salary package commensurate with experience.
- Great employment benefits and working situation (remote friendly).
- Rapid career advancement opportunities.
- Read more about our approach at http://www.splitpayments.com.au/careers
- MUST: Experience performing in a team and working harmoniously with others
- MUST: Native level written and spoken English
- SHOULD HAVE: Experience working with different languages and technologies
- SHOULD HAVE: Ability to navigate, understand, and reuse large existing codebases
- SHOULD HAVE: A basic understanding of UI/UX design principles
- SHOULD HAVE: Functional programming experience
- SHOULD HAVE: Experience working with complex server-side design
- BONUS: Have at least some native iOS or Android mobile application development experience
- Work in dynamic squads in a team of 15+ skilled & enthusiastic React engineers
- Morning stand-up with the team via video, a full structured development process
- Have a direct input in application architecture decisions
- Write efficient and testable code
- Review PRs created by your fellow team members
- Document your code concisely and clearly
- Take part in regular retrospectives to improve the team process
- Work remotely
- Great compensation
- Flexible holiday
- Rewarding work on bleeding-edge technology
- Career development - investment in your skills
- Exceptional support network from your team members
As a Front-End Software Engineer, you will:
- Have a Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
- Have some exposure to TypeScript, ES6, lodash, Redux saga, Sass/Less, any template engine (JSX, Jade).
- Are well versed in working with server-side APIs.
- Have experience with automation and package management tools such as Grunt, NPM, Yarn, Webpack.
- Have knowledge of React server-side rendering.
- Practice TDD.
Please submit links to your live projects, GitHub accounts or other examples of your best sample code!
- Build rich React applications with different state-management paradigms within a very new codebase that leans on frameworks and tooling developed by large and very experienced teams.
- Push your code to millions of users every day.
- Interact and collaborate daily with a world-class product, UX and design teams.
- Improve your skills and learn from top-notch engineers.
- Tackle tough problems and find creative ways to solve them.
Our Mission Our aim is to create a free and accessible global digital economy by disrupting the current financial services industry. Our team is entirely remote, composed of individuals with an ownership mentality; no one waits to be told what to do. Each member of the team is a highly motivated self-starter that is comfortable with autonomy and believes in lifelong learning. When were not working, were dreaming about it. We place our egos aside and thrive within a culture that fosters one another from birth of a concept to launch of a product. At Bitfinex you have freedom to work as you please - all that matters is execution. Join us and help lay the foundation for a decentralised future. Key responsibilities As a Front-end Developer, you will be a part of the team that works on the development of the Bitfinex web and mobile applications. This includes: New Features - Bitfinex continuously strives to create innovative new features in order to provide the most professional trading experience for customers. These are developed and deployed using agile methodologies, to ensure the user experience remains the best in the industry. Scalability - The web application must remain effortlessly smooth, responsive, and real-time for customers as the platform continues to scale to accommodate new user growth. Data Visualisation - The data we present to our users is the result of tailored algorithms, on top of the incredible amount of data our platform produces daily, and we continue to experiment with new ways to display this most effectively. Design - Build beautiful reactive applications and trading tools.
RequirementsTo enjoy this role, you should possess the personal attributes and experience outlined above. On top of this, we expect you to be:
- Knowledgeable and experienced with micro-service architecture.
- Comfortable with high-availability concepts.
- Thoroughly experienced with React, Flux, SASS, Redux and the core principles surrounding these.
- Familiar with modern front-end pipelines and tools.
- Experienced with WebSockets, RESTful and RPC-based APIs.
- Interested in bringing diverse, innovative applications to life.
- Interested in modernising and optimising different web applications.
NAVIS is looking for a creative, motivated, full stack Senior Software Developer to join us as a critical member of our Engineering Team. (This position will be virtual / remote from the Portland, OR area).
The primary focus of this position is coding creative, operational software that enhances our products. The Engineering Team has multiple projects that often start at the concept stage and develops new products and/or product features from scratch. Our products are constantly evolving with our client needs – we are not simply maintaining existing products.
This is a full SDLC development position. The Software Developer must be willing to take on all aspects of the development process, and be ready to support applications in production environments. He/she will be asked to test code sets, document software, and implement products and related solutions. Expert knowledge of design patterns and software development best practices must be shown at all times.
The Software Developer will be tasked with analyzing, identifying, and solving highly-complex issues related to software development and related technologies. As needed, this person may be involved in the mentoring of more junior-level developers on the technical aspects of our products, technology, and related software tools. This developer needs to have a willingness to do whatever it takes to make the products and the company successful.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- At least four (4) years of software development experience in Java 8+ in a cloud based environment such as AWS
- Experience working with three or more from the following list: SpringBoot 2.0, microservices, Postgres, Docker, Hibernate, AWS, CI/CD pipelines
- Comfortable working part-time in legacy systems based on Clojure, .NET, MicrosoftSQL, and on-premise data center
- Good verbal and written communications proficiency in English
- Master’s or PhD degree, further education or experience in Engineering, Computer Science or other technology-related field
- Experience with more than one general purpose programming languages, including but not limited to: Java, C/C++, C#, Objective C, Python, ReactRedux, or Go
- Experience developing RESTful JSON API driven microservices architecture
- Experience with AWS Lambdas
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages, as needed
- Bend, Oregon (relocation assistance package available)
- Portland, Oregon (remote / virtual)
Our tech stack is as follows: Java, React/Redux, Postgres, Microservices, Containers, Python, Spark, CI/CD, IaC, AWS
- Are self-disciplined and have a great work ethic
- Have good time management skills
- Communicate well
- Can work until at least 1pm EST M - F
- Like having a consistent daily work schedule
- Have at least three years of experience building SaaS interfaces
- Highly skilled with HTML / CSS
- Ruby on Rails
- Postgres or MySQL
- Unit tests (rspec, etc.)
- Background workers
- Writing design docs
- Working from design docs/specifications & wireframes
- React & Redux
- Service workers architecture
- Are self-disciplined and have a great work ethic
- Have good time management skills
- Communicate well
- Can work until at least 1pm EST M - F
- Like having a consistent daily work schedule
- Have at least three years of experience building SaaS interfaces
- Highly skilled with HTML / CSS
- Ruby on Rails
- Postgres & MySQL
- Unit tests (rspec, etc.)
- Background workers
- Writing design docs
- Working from design docs/specifications & wireframes
- React & Redux
- Service workers architecture
Chili Piper is seeking talented, motivated engineers to join our fully remote team building interactive data applications. As a part of growing front-end team, you will work with designers to constantly improving our users’ experience. You will also collaborate with others throughout our organization and technology stack to build products that are revolutionizing the way our clients achieve their business goals.
On the front-end team, we feel strongly about developing solutions that are both technically and aesthetically sound. We invite you to bring your experience and perspective to conversations about the future growth of our applications and environment. We work closely together, with a healthy and non-combative review process aimed at improving code as well as developing each other’s skills. In short, we strive to write solid, thoroughly tested, and readable code; and we are seeking a new contributor to our already highly effective team.
● Participate in technical planning & requirements gathering phases including Design, code, test, troubleshoot, and document engineering software applications.
● Ensuring that technical software development process is followed on the project, familiar with industry best practices for software development.
● Develop applications in languages including React JS
● Demonstrate the ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience level.
● Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
● Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles (2+ years of work experience with React)
● Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
● Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
● Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
● Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
● Familiarity with RESTful APIs
● Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
● Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
● Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
● Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
● A knack for benchmarking and optimization
To apply, send your resume/CV to Santiago Arias - [email protected]
FineTune is seeking a senior QA for our AP and Pre-AP software product. We are a fully distributed and international team though 1/3 of us are in Boston Metro area. S/he will have the opportunity to work on mission critical software that will impact 3-5 million students in 2019. If you are well versed in various
- selenium based testing
- load testing (Python Locust)
- smoke testing
- test driven development
- and have worked in QA'ing at least 3 production released software
you are welcome to apply. S/he will be working with our development team, product owners, designers and increase the quality of the software so that we may serve 3 million+ users in 2019.
- Proven experience in understanding complex user needs with multiple stakeholders
- 5+ years of QA experience
- 3+ years experience with API testing, UI testing, end to end testing.
- 3+ years experience QA’ing high-availability enterprise software a plus
- 5+ years experience with Databases (SQL or noSQL)
- Experience with Selenium
- Experience with Locust for load testing
- Experience with apache bench
- Java based automation
- Python based automation
- Strong Agile Experience
- Experience with continuous integration and test driven development
- Ability to dive deep into technical issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in debugging performance issues in docker, kubernetes and AWS ECS containers
- Experience with collaborating in github a plus
- Desire to continuously, learn, improve and apply new technologies that will increase operational efficiency and effectiveness
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent a plus
As we prepare for rapid business growth from here, FineTune Learning is seeking to hire a Senior QA Automation Engineer who have worked in at least 3 production released software/web/mobile products. We are looking for people who have strong motivation to grow startup companies, who is agile and continuously improving themselves while having an opinion for great software components and services with great attention to detail in delivering reliable software that is well tested according to user expectations.
The short version
Mission: Enhance the way the world learns.
Why: Learning infrastructure should focus on community, collaboration, conversation - not on being a digital file cabinet ??.
Who: Humble, curious and builder-mentality. 7+ years of full-stack development.
How: React, React-Native, microservices in Node.js, Docker, AWS, Redux, Mongo.
What is Aula?Aula is a remote-first 50-person team from 15 nationalities building a communication platform for education. Think Slack for education.
Powered by an ecosystem of integrations, Aula is the foundational layer in the tech stack that shapes a whole industry. We built Aula because we believe digital infrastructure should encourage community and participation-based learning.
We're backed by people like the founder of Unity, CTO at Eventbrite, a co-founder of Zendesk, a co-founder of JustEat and world-class VCs like Project A, BrightEye and Sunstone.
The candidate should be able to build slick UIs leveraging React, React Native, and CSS both for mobile apps and the web. The candidate should also have experience reading from and writing to a redux store.
You will be expected to take a Sketch/Zeplin design and implement the design into a working and tested React/React Native + CSS code. Some of the data calls will be plugged into your front-end by other developers.
You will make important contributions and your opinion will be heard.
We work mostly in an Agile methodology - stand ups, a weekly dev meeting, and daily communication on Slack. We will release often - once very 1-2 weeks.
The job can be remote or be located in Charleston, SC.
Rayka's core product is a social, recommendation-based travel app. We aim to provide rich, targeted content for travelers. Our group of travel experts were constantly asked for recommendations in different locations, so we came up with a way for experts to efficiently provide information and help build a community of knowledgeable travelers and travel enthusiasts.
We are an early stage startup looking to grow very quickly - both in employees and in user base.
Not sponsoring visas.
Equity is available with any offer.
* 2+ years professional React
* 1+ years professional Redux
* Ruby on Rails