The best remote jobs, hand-picked daily.Post a job for $299
We're searching for a senior engineer with extensive experience building web applications that combine solid architecture, security and scalability with a focus on customer experience. You will be a vital team player who is able to balance the core platform requirements of the business with the ability to embrace new technology and best-practice innovations in the sector. Creating web services with a keen focus on API consumability is second nature. You are comfortable working on large projects, taking them forward and making recommendations to the direction they take based on evidence provided by hard data. You can spot a well designed API and have proven experience working with and developing critical APIs at scale. Split at a glance
- A single app, with a large pipeline of new integrating clients.
- Stack snapshot: Rails, RSpec, PostgreSQL, Redis, Puma, Yarn, Webpack, AWS.
- Process management: Asana, GitHub.
- TDD with 100% coverage (according to Simplecov).
- We ?? code reviews.
- Design, develop and iterate through new features.
- Provide insight and advice to other key stakeholders.
- Review and mentor other team members. Be a team player!
- Ensure production-ready high code quality.
- Continually consider the product from both a holistic and specific view-point.
- Security reviews.
- Technical planning with proven experience designing APIs with scale and security in
- Comfortable with CSS, HTML and associated front end technologies.
- Familiar with CI/CD processes.
- Highly attentive to detail (nothing is too small to notice or correct).
- DevOps and AWS
- Modern JS and frameworks (ES2018, React, Redux, etc )
- Be assiduous.
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- Be respectful.
- Be flexible.
- Be proactive.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics.
- Competitive salary package commensurate with experience.
- Great employment benefits and working situation (remote friendly).
- Rapid career advancement opportunities.
- Read more about our approach at http://www.splitpayments.com.au/careers
BENEFITS- Great mentorship and company culture - Remote work - Challenging work and interesting projects - Healthcare benefits package - Fun office space in Wynwood (Miami - if you so choose)
- Are self-disciplined and have a great work ethic
- Have good time management skills
- Communicate well
- Can work until at least 1pm EST M - F
- Like having a consistent daily work schedule
- Have at least three years of experience building SaaS interfaces
- Highly skilled with HTML / CSS
- Ruby on Rails
- Postgres or MySQL
- Unit tests (rspec, etc.)
- Background workers
- Writing design docs
- Working from design docs/specifications & wireframes
- React & Redux
- Service workers architecture
Howdy 👋We’re the folks at Jilt, an email marketing platform built for eCommerce. We help thousands of stores grow sales with emails that delight their customers. Our team is 100% remote, with 21 people distributed all over the world.
We’re looking for a driven, detail-oriented senior engineer to join our team and build fast, scalable backend systems in Rails.
You should be...
- Deeply experienced with Ruby & Rails
- Adept at translating user stories into detailed engineering implementation tasks
- Detail-oriented & curious, with a drive to understand and solve technical challenges
- A self-starter, comfortable working independently and taking a high level of responsibility
- Dedicated to constant learning and sharing your knowledge
Bonus points if you also have…
- Elasticsearch experience
- Experience with eCommerce platforms like Shopify or WooCommerce, especially integrating with their APIs
You’ll be responsible for…
- Building features, tweaks, bug fixes, and refactors based on specs in Clubhouse stories (derived from both customer feedback and our product/support teams)
- Adhering to internal code standards and best practices while suggesting new ones for team consideration
- Carefully user-testing your own work and implementing feedback from code review
- Providing detailed code reviews to your teammates
- Updating our internal wiki & documentation
- Assisting our support team with troubleshooting challenging issues
Why you’ll love working with us…
- Kind, wonderful teammates that enjoy their work as much as you do
- Competitive salary
- Annual company retreats (read about our last adventure in Lake Tahoe!)
- Fantastic benefits: 27 days paid time-off, full health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), retirement contributions, paid parental leave, and more!
- Transparent culture (check out our team wiki)
Curious to hear more? Learn more about the position and apply here. Applications accepted through May 28th. We can’t wait to meet you!
We support workplace diversity and do not discriminate on any protected class. We believe when we work together as a team of different views, experiences, and ideas, we can build amazing things.
Daylytes is building a company that brings people together through sports. We believe sports coverage lags behind the rest of the social and mobile apps we use, and we plan to build a solution. We aim to bring our customers relevant, unique, and engaging daily highlights (daylytes) that surpasses current sports media options. We’re starting methodically by delivering a superior product in a few local niches, then will expand outward to cover an increasing number of cities and regions with a scalable solution.
We are developer-centric, led by a technical founder with startup experience, venture backed, and aim to provide our developers with a distraction free environment where they can solve scalable problems, thrive, and grow. You will be one of the first five to join the company, and will get to play a critical role in the direction of the business. You will help define the platform, have responsibilities that are not redundant, and be held accountable by our small team of less than five
- Development of web-app and backend that will serve the Daylytes mobile apps (our stack is Rails, with React Native on mobile, and PostgreSQL db's.)
- Managing data gathering scripts, scrapers, and data cleansing programs used in our content aggregation and tagging.
- Administration of a database of sports content and metadata that will be used by web and mobile front ends.
- Working directly with mobile developers and being involved in technical decisions that will impact our core mobile app.
- Experience with web development
- Experience with database-driven applications and creating an API (we use PostgreSQL, with some legacy MySQL databases in use)
Nice to Have's
- History working in a small startup environment
- Prior work creating a consumer app and maintaining it in the App Store
- Any portfolio of work that you can share, public repos, open-source contributions, etc.
- A bachelors or graduate degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent
- More than 3 years experience
While this is a remote position, there are often meetings at 9 a.m. ET. Something to take into consideration. Mountain Time, Central Time, or Eastern Time preferred.
- Experience working and collaborating with teams
- Experience in Linux and command line a must
- Work with React
- Experience with Functional programming is highly desirable
- You know how to architect all components of a frontend project
- You have experience reading API documentation and working with different endpoints to compose the desired effect
- You know how to run projects through solid processes (things like code reviews, reviewing stories, planning)
- Picks up new technologies quickly and efficiently
- Uses Git effectively
- Know how to create tests and why it's important
- Knowledge of OOP and software design principles
- Driven, ambitious, and interested in tech
- Acumen. You must be able to think of and judge multiple solutions for a problem and be able to reason between them.
- You’re aware of how to build secure apps
- You know how to optimize frontend load times, debug rendering issues, and overall provide a smooth experience to the user.
- Knowledge of responsive frontends
- You know C#, Ruby, Python or Go. IMPORTANT. You don't have to be an expert in backend tech, but you'll need to understand how to integrate with the backend guys.
- You’ve practiced continuous integration
- You've tinkered with Docker
- Require JS/Webpack/Browserify is a bonus, too.
- You’re interested in startups
- Great mentorship and company culture
- Remote work
- Challenging work and interesting projects
- Healthcare benefits package
- Fun office space in Wynwood (Miami - if you so choose
This position is for US residents only.
Accella is looking for a developer with experience building websites and modules in Drupal. The candidate will need to show an expertise in Drupal development that goes deeper than basic theming and should have experience building custom modules and integrating with third party applications and services.
We will heavily weigh the applicants problem solving skills. Must be highly motivated and a serious self starter.
Must have the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical resources. We are looking for someone that enjoys being part of a team and will offer feedback and ideas in order to design and develop the most solid and extensible products for our clients.
We want a leader, an ideas person, and someone that is eager to work on multiple challenging projects, sometimes simultaneously.
What we expect in a candidate:
- BS in Computer Science, BS in closely related discipline or equivalent industry experience
- Candidate must be located within the US, but can be located anywhere around the country
- 3+ years experience with Drupal development including experience with Drupal 8
- At least 5 years experience with software development
- Effective communication skills (written and oral)
- Problem-solving and creative mindset
- Experience thriving in a high-performance, results-oriented organization
- Experience and proficiency in interacting with external clients
- Experience with Ruby on Rails a plus
- Experience with native mobile development a plus
The candidate should be able to build slick UIs leveraging React, React Native, and CSS both for mobile apps and the web. The candidate should also have experience reading from and writing to a redux store.
You will be expected to take a Sketch/Zeplin design and implement the design into a working and tested React/React Native + CSS code. Some of the data calls will be plugged into your front-end by other developers.
You will make important contributions and your opinion will be heard.
We work mostly in an Agile methodology - stand ups, a weekly dev meeting, and daily communication on Slack. We will release often - once very 1-2 weeks.
The job can be remote or be located in Charleston, SC.
Rayka's core product is a social, recommendation-based travel app. We aim to provide rich, targeted content for travelers. Our group of travel experts were constantly asked for recommendations in different locations, so we came up with a way for experts to efficiently provide information and help build a community of knowledgeable travelers and travel enthusiasts.
We are an early stage startup looking to grow very quickly - both in employees and in user base.
Not sponsoring visas.
Equity is available with any offer.
* 2+ years professional React
* 1+ years professional Redux
* Ruby on Rails