The best remote jobs, hand-picked daily.Post a job for $299
We're looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join the engineering team at Zapier. Want to create a simple product that allows anyone to do complex, incredible things with the world's APIs? Then keep reading!
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Even though our job description may seem like we're looking for a specific candidate, the role inevitably ends up tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if:
You care deeply about improving frontend technology so our customers can have a great experience using our product.
You love great UX. You spend most of your time coding, but you also have an eye for great design and a feel for great UX. Maybe you were once a designer (or still are) or maybe your creative outlet has always been the code. Either way, you care about more than just the code.
You can balance lots of concerns. Frontend apps have to take into account performance (using networks and devices that we can't control), customer demands, A/B tests, UX research, code quality, a rapidly changing ecosystem of languages and modules, and the list goes on. And we actually want to ship things too! You can balance those demands without getting overwhelmed and keep the needle moving forward.
You love helping others. You love sharing knowledge with the rest of your team, building shared tooling for other engineers, giving back to the open-source community, and directly helping customers.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Research, guide, and execute frontend architecture changes, including but by no means limited to GraphQL, server-side React rendering, and Flow typing.
- Build reusable React components with modular CSS, manage data on the client with Redux and GraphQL, and test everything with Jest.
- Measure and resolve performance bottlenecks, using tools like Chrome DevTools, Lighthouse, WebPagetest, or custom tooling.
- Work closely with our product, design, and UX teams to create amazing and intuitive experiences that make it effortless to connect different apps together.
- Help put tools, processes, and documentation in place to improve our code quality.
- Review code written by other team members or other teams.
- Ship to hundreds of thousands of users every day while having lots of autonomy in terms of code and feature ownership.
- Work with complex and varied data structures (APIs can be a little, uh, eccentric).
- Help out with our Python backend or Node-based developer platform.
- Share what you know and learn either one-on-one or with lightning talks to the group.
- Give back to the community via open source and blog posts.
- Experiment: this is a startup so everything can change as we experiment with doing more custom partnership work
- As a part of Zapier's all-hands philosophy, help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible.
You’ll also have the opportunity to specialize in a variety of areas of the Zapier codebase, including core product or platform development. Focusing on a specialization will not limit your area for growth at Zapier as each engineer brings a unique perspective and can contribute differently in all areas. We encourage participation and will frequently have engineers contribute across teams to assist in projects.
For the past six years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: Planet Earth.
If you want to work remote, that's great. If you want to work near others, that's cool too. Our team of 100+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don't have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US-based employees.
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Were looking for a Back End Engineer to join the engineering team at Zapier. Want to create a simple product that allows anyone to do complex, incredible things with the worlds APIs? Then keep reading! We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope youll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
- Help scale a fast-growing and unique system our workflow engine connects with thousands of APIs across thousands of servers
- Plan and build product features directly impact how our customers can be more productive
- Improve our developer platform directly impact the way partner devs add their apps to Zapier
- Ship code to millions of users every week
- Work with hundreds of different API integrations
- Give back to the community via open source and blog posts
- Experiment: this is a startup so everything can change
- As a part of Zapiers all-hands philosophy, help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible.
- Competitive salary (we dont use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. Well set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isnt a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and youll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
The web engineering team is responsible for all things unsplash.com.We use modern and well-supported tools to build the best possible version of our product in collaboration with the API and design teams.At a high level, the web architecture consists of a Node server (TypeScript), with React for rendering on both the server and client.Over the years, weve taken Unsplash from a humble Tumblr blog to a fully-fledged web app supporting tens of millions of users and tons of useful features. At the same time, weve improved its performance by leveraging modern techniques like SSR, dynamic chunk-splitting, CDN HTML caching, complex state management using memoization and Observables, etc. Weve done all that with a lean team of just 2 web developers: frequent code releases and in-depth code reviews help us share knowledge and identify problems early. But theres still so much more to learn and do, and thats why we need you!We designed our company in a way to get as much of the stuff thats not the creative work out of your way, so you can do your best work. We dont believe in a top-down, shoulder-tapping, 95 type culture. You have the autonomy to manage yourself. We dont work set hours. We respect flow. We believe you should be able to structure your days for what makes you feel the most energized and creative.A glance at some of our blog posts and open source work can give you an idea on how we approach and solve our problems:Recently open sourced libraries:
Recent blog posts:
- Manipulating URL strings with
react-progressive-enhancement: A handy collection of HOCs for universally rendered apps
YouIf you tick (most of) these boxes, you should get in touch with us:
- Building the Unsplash Uploader
- Strongly-typed finite-state machines with Redux and TypeScript
- How we gradually migrated to TypeScript at Unsplash
- How we test responsive images at Unsplash
Its a bonus if you have experience with:
- Youre comfortable being part of a small, autonomous and distributed team.
- Being a small team, we dive into everything. You are comfortable working across the full stack, from writing CSS to fine tuning a CDNalthough we dont expect you to know these skills upfront, but you should be willing to learn them when they become necessary.
- Youre a quick learner whos able to pick up new concepts whenever necessary.
- Youre able to adequately prioritize between improving UX, optimizing performance, and building new features.
- Youre comfortable with React.
- You care about the end-product beyond just writing the code that makes it work.
Our team is made up of people who enjoy making things people love. We care about details and we care about quality.
- TypeScript, Redux, Reselect, Observables.
- front-end performance (e.g. optimising page load, page layout, and React rendering).
- building a large-scale app
If you want to work with us, all we want to see is a message from you. Please dont send a resume. Instead, tell us who you are. Show us relevant things youve done that youre excited about.
- Generous vacation: 3 weeks MINIMUM vacation.
- Work from home: Were a remote first company.
- Workshops/conferences: Conferences & Learning budget.
- Company retreats: Team retreats 1-2 times a year.
- Relocation: If youd like to relocate to Montreal, we provide $8,000 lump sum to cover out-of-pocket costs associated with relocation
- Flexible hours: You manage your time. You set your working hours.
- Maternal/Paternal leave: If you have a baby, youre paid for any time you need to take off. The time you take off will be your judgment. This is an important time and we dont want to be deciding which days you should be taking off or not. Well be there for you. If we feel the balance is not quite right or if you have any questions, well chat.
- Pet friendly: Obviously if you work from home, but also if you relocate to Montreal. Our office is pet friendly.
- Manipulating URL strings with
At LightStep, our mission is to deliver confidence at scale for those who develop, operate, and rely upon today’s powerful software applications. We created LightStep because we understand the massive architectural transformation underway in the software industry, and we saw an opportunity to accelerate it, all while improving the quality of the developer and end-user experience. While we learned a great deal from our experiences building Dapper (Google’s distributed tracing solution) and Monarch (Google’s high-availability metrics solution), LightStep is in many ways a reaction to and a generational improvement beyond those approaches. Our story as individuals and as a company revolves around continuous learning, careful listening, and the belief that these fundamentally new software architectures require fundamentally new solutions.
The OpenTracing project defines a standard that makes understanding, building, and improving distributed systems easier. In doing so, it improves the quality of open source tools and applications across the board. LightStep wants to support that goal: we all benefit when complex software becomes self-describing. We’re looking for a teammate who is knowledgeable about popular open source technologies and best practices, eager to be an expert on distributed systems performance, and can lend a hand as a teacher, communicator, and open source code contributor to help move the OpenTracing community forward.
The OSS Engineer role is for software developers with a love for working open source, and interest in product management. In addition writing code, the OSS engineers are expected to show leadership by helping others contribute, champion issues, and managing project roadmaps and backlogs.
- You are self-motivated and are great at prioritization, even when there’s “too much to do.”
- You have experience working on distributed systems and performance at scale.
- Capable of engaging with other large OSS projects and champion their adoption of OpenTracing.
- Comfortable working in multiple languages, and strong language-level expertise in at least one.
- You’re capable of mediating conflict and managing people who don’t work for you.
Bonus points if…
- You’re already an active participant in the OpenTracing community.
- You have previous experience managing or contributing to a large open source project.
- You’re a good teacher and public speaker.
- Have a positive voice on social media.
Bear Group is a leading web development firm based in Seattle looking for an experienced backend web developer to join our team. You will have the opportunity to work with leading companies and marketing teams to develop complex sites and integrations between systems.We are a fully distributed team that primarily builds in PHP on the Magento and Drupal platforms for ecommerce and content management sites. Since we are fully remote, you can work from anywhere! We do require at least 4 hours of working time overlap with the Pacific time zone work day where most of our clients are located. As a highly client focused organization, you will occasionally need to meet according to their schedule. This typically falls between 10 and 5 Pacific time, and we strive to give you plenty of time to focus on development.Working with a variety of clients, we fluidly form groups including a Technical Project Manager, a Quality Analyst, and one or more developers to complete sprints of work. The type of work depends on the client, but often includes:
You will need to be self-motivating and able to work independently most of the time, but we have a friendly and capable team to collaborate with when you encounter obstacles. Youll need to have a minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience, a BA/BS degree, and experience with Drupal, Magento or similar open source frameworks. Youll also need to be visually oriented with experience in Sketch or Photoshop and a good understanding of content organization and concepts within information architecture. Experience in client-service environments is a must and youll need to be professional and client service oriented; positive and proactive; able to react swiftly to meet client expectations.Since the technology world is constantly evolving, youll be expected to keep up with the current technologies and practices. To help with this, we provide an annual education stipend that can be used for attending relevant conferences or continued education courses.During your first week you will work closely with one or our senior developers to set up your new system and familiarize with our processes and tools. The system will be either Mac, Linux, or Windows to your preference, and we use Docker containers for a consistent development server stack. Other tools you will use include:
- Developing client web sites using Drupal and Magento Commerce
- Balancing workload across many projects simultaneously
- Quality assurance and testing across projects
- Collaborating cross-functionally and with a diverse group of clients
- Working with business development to assess and price new client projects
As you get your feet under you we will introduce some project work, again in collaboration with a senior developer on a sprint they are currently working on. Ultimately our developers work independently on your own tickets and sprints.In addition to competitive pay, a new computer, insurance, and 401k match, youll also receive:
- Git for source control
- Bitbucket for Git repositories
- Jira for project management
- Confluence for documentation
- Slack for communication.
To learn more about the company, visit www.beargroup.com.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 3 Weeks PTO plus approximately 10 vacation days annually
- $1500 annual education stipend
- Software stipend for the tools that you prefer to do the job
Development specialized on the free software project Open edX, used by many universities and companies to run online courses. See edx.org, stanford.edu or fun-mooc.fr for examples of Open edX instances.
The Open edX platform is a large Python/Django codebase, with good code standards and architecture (a lot of the edX engineers come from MIT). You would work on different clients contracts using the platform. The clients list/references include Harvard, MIT, edX themselves, the French government, and various startups & universities currently running their own instances, or looking to create one. Tasks are very varied, from developing core platform features, custom exercises and tools for specific courses (XBlocks), customizing and deploying instances, working fullstack, operating our service infrastructure, improving our hosting platform, etc. You won't get bored here.
Most of your work is published as free software (Open edX is released under the AGPL license, which requires clients to release modifications under the same license), and you would also contribute to the free software project, pushing most of your developments upstream through pull requests, contributing features, documentation or help on mailing-lists.
- 3+ years working with Python
- Experience with Python web frameworks, specifically Django
- Experience with unit testing
- You feel comfortable working in a Linux environment, specifically Debian or Ubuntu
- Experience with databases: MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Experience with contributing to free software projects, and communicating within a free software community
You would have to work with tasks from the following categories, but you would be able to pick up the skills on the job if you don't master this yet:
- DevOps experience, especially on Debian/Ubuntu servers, Terraform, Vault, Packer, Prometheus, ELK, Docker. We are building a modern infrastructure and having a strong DevOps presence on top of core software engineering skills is a big plus with us.
- Cloud computing, like AWS or OpenStack
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible
- RabbitMQ, Redis & Elasticsearch
- git source control
- Mobile development (iOS and/or Android)
- Managing clients & projects from beginning to completion (senior developer)
- Public speaking at conferences (you would present a talk every year at the Open edX Con)
We are a team of twenty developers, all working remotely from Europe, North & South America, Asia & Australia. You would arrive at a critical moment, as we scale up to handle increasing demand from clients on the edX platform. The company is not affiliated with edX, but contributing and working with them on various projects. This is a full time position, were you would be able to work remotely from anywhere you want, as long as you have a good internet connexion. : )
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to pursue the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. We help people around the globe do extraordinary things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Founded in 2012 by the people behind the Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats open source projects, we believe that diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries. As a product designer on the Swiftype team, you'll be involved in many aspects of the product development process, from concept to prototyping to marketing. We are looking for a self-motivated and inventive individual with strong product, interaction, and visual design skills. What you'll be doing:
- You will provide product designs, prototypes, and UX flows.
- You will collaborate with engineers to ensure high-quality implementation and user experience.
- You will build and curate our design system in both Sketch/Figma and code.
- You will create iconography and illustration as needed in your designs.
- 5+ years of design experience working on sophisticated, complex web applications or SaaS products.
- A portfolio of products and experiences that youve helped launch into the real world.
- Experience with modern design tools, like Figma and Sketch.
- Ability to think about and design at both a systems-level and feature-level.
- A passion for designing end-to-end user experiences.
- Ability to clearly articulate design decisions and understand trade-offs.
- Skills to lead your projects and coordinate with the rest of the team.
- The ability to build what you design in HTML, JS and CSS (we use Sass).
- Experience leading user research and testing.
- Experience working with and developing design systems.
- Familiarity with JS frameworks like React or Angular.
- A love for animation. Familiarity with tools like Principle, Framer or CSS animations is a big advantage.
- Experience building accessible designs.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Are you passionate about innovative technologies and enjoy thinking creatively?
Excellent! You’ll be in great company!
If you're seeking an exciting career opportunity or an authentic chance to learn new technologies and feel that you are up to the challenge please get in touch – you have a place in this team and project.
We are a distributed team exploring the applications and implications of blockchain technology in the context of freedom of expression, collective memory and privacy for a better Web.
We recommend you to apply to this opening if you will wholeheartedly enjoy:
Facing the epic challenge(s) of crafting blockchain-based products;
The open source mindset, community and software;
Finding your way in a complex environment. Pushing beyond your comfort zone(s);
Getting stuff done and demonstrating results through metrics;
Always learning. Flexibility is key;
You can learn more about our adventure so far and our plans moving forward here.
By combining blockchain technologies such as Ethereum and the Inter Planetary File System (IPFS), AKASHA has the potential to change the way ideas, thoughts and experiences are shared and stored on the Internet.
With this in mind, we are searching for motivated people passionate about going beyond the scope of a narrow job position and happy to help on multiple fronts.
As part of our team you will work with some of the brightest minds in the blockchain tech space on unique and challenging ideas. You will also be in direct contact with the development and user community at large, actively participating in open discussions and brainstorming sessions.
If you are tired of working in traditional corporations crippled by office politics and bureaucracy this will be a breath of fresh air. Good ideas are valued higher than ranks here.
Experience designing modular, robust, reusable, and efficient libraries using Node.js
Experience building for both Node and browser environments
Willingness to learn and use new technologies
Ability to work as a teammate in a fast-paced team
Experience with software testing and continuous integration
Eye for detail
Good English skills, written and spoken (the team is decentralized around the world)
> Software design patterns
> Performance optimization (data structures and aglorithms)
> RESTful architecture
> Blockchain technologies such as Ethereum, IPFS, etc. (the more the better)
> Immutable JS
> Version control (Git)
Nice to have
> Front-end experience using ReactJS / Redux/Flux
> Experience as well as passion for open source projects
> A university degree in information technology
What We Offer
> The opportunity to make a positive impact in the world
> A meaningful job in a young, dynamic and friendly team
> A work environment inspiring excellence and creativity
> Competitive compensation based on experience and performance
> The chance to play with ideas that could reshape entire industries
> Continuous learning opportunities and unique challenges to take on
> Traveling opportunities to various blockchain events and conferences
> Flexible schedule
Together with a group of independent thinkers hacking under the Swiss AKASHA Foundation umbrella, we are bravely experimenting with new technologies in the search for solutions that can transform the Web into an ecosystem in service of humanity.
On this note, we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What's meaningful to us is being a friendly, passionate person resonating with our purpose and genuinely interested in doing a phenomenal job towards a better world through technology, while also having fun along the way :)
We look forward to hearing from you! o/
Reaction Commerce is the fastest-growing open source commerce management platform used by modern retailers and our vision is to connect the world through open commerce.
As our platform grows, so must our team. We’re currently looking for a Software Engineer with experience shipping production software to join us.We're a distributed, diverse, and growing team currently spread across four continents. While we have a small office in Santa Monica, CA, all of our positions are remote roles. Everyone is welcome to visit and work from our office, but it's not required. Although we are remote first, we appreciate quality time with our co-workers, so we meet in person once a year for our annual All Hands.About this Role:You'll remotely work with a team of engineers within our distributed engineering team to:* Build intuitive UIs for retailers and merchandisers* Define patterns for extending or augmenting storefront and operator UIs* Engineer methods for securing core and custom GraphQL APIs* Increase accessibility of all our applications* Improve tooling for building and shipping new UI components, storefronts, and operator tools* Improve performance, reduce page weight/cost, and decrease load times for our storefront and operator UIsAbout You:* You have developed and supported software systems in a production environment.* You see the value in reviewing and documenting code, pair programming and get excited about improving tools and processes.* You love being a mentor and compassionately teach patterns and best practices to engineers on your team.* You actively seek and appreciate the input of peers, designers, infrastructure engineers, and product owners.* You're comfortable working remotely and believe in the value of distributed teams.* You believe in building an inclusive community with and for your co-workers.About Our Stack:* React and Apollo GraphQL on the client* Node with some services in Clojure on the server* GraphQL API* MongoDB for most application data.* Apache Kafka for modeling both streams and tables.* Elasticsearch* Docker and Kubernetes on Amazon Web ServicesDo you want to know more about what our team is working on and how you might be able to help? You should apply!More about Reaction:We offer 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance, and up to 50% coverage for dependents. In addition, we offer a 401K, and U.S. employees benefit from 12 weeks of parental leave. We aim to offer the same benefits to everyone across the globe, but some of these may vary based on location and local laws. All remote employees are offered a budget for an ergonomic chair and standing desk at home.We discourage our team members from working unreasonable hours, beyond the typical 40 hours per week. And it's important that we take time off and recharge when necessary, that's why we have a minimum vacation policy that encourages us to take a minimum of 15 vacation days per year. We also value continuous improvement with a monthly learning stipend, so there are plenty of opportunities to learn new subjects or hone existing skills.We believe in good documentation and proactive communication. Inclusivity is a priority of everyone on our team. Read more about our team values and our operating principles in this blog post.
Crawlera is a smart downloader designed specifically for web crawling and scraping, removing the headaches of proxy management. It is part of the Scrapinghub platform, the world’s most comprehensive web crawling stack which powers crawls of over 8 billion pages per month. Crawlera is Scrapinghub’s most popular product and it’s biggest revenue generator, but it needs your help to get to the next level.Your key responsibilities will be to ensure that enterprise customers are able to achieve their business goals via Crawlera, and support the Sales team in achieving their quotas.You’ll love this role if you enjoy working on a variety of different projects and finding the best solution - even if it’s not a technical one. No two days will be exactly the same, and you’ll be interacting regularly with the Sales team and directly with customers.Job Responsibilities:* Onboard new enterprise Crawlera customers.* Help the Sales team to price contract agreements for new & existing customers and proactively monitor Enterprise customers’ usage.* Respond to support escalations from enterprise customers.* Talk with enterprise customers to quickly understand both their objectives and their code; Help them fix underlying issues in their code and Tune & configure Crawlera to best suit each customers’ specific situation* Take proactive measures to measurably improve enterprise customers’ ability to successfully use Crawlera without your intervention. This will involve different things, but it will likely include:- improving client libraries, documentation, etc for Crawlera;- Providing extended functionality via other products in the Scrapinghub platform, or popular open source frameworks;- Liaise with other product teams within Scrapinghub to ensure Crawlera is well integrated in the ways that best serve enterprise customer.REQUIREMENTSJob Requirements:* Have excellent communication in both spoken and written English.* Have a strong knowledge of HTTP and Networking.* Are comfortable taking ownership in business critical situations; you enjoy being the “go-to” person.* Take a logical, measurement-backed approach to prioritizing projects, and enjoy working with others that do the same.* Are naturally dissatisfied with inefficiencies and having to do the same thing more than once; you see ways to fix the underlying cause rather than only reacting to what’s in front of you.* Have a broad general programming background; strong problem solver.Bonus points for:* Familiarity with techniques and tools for crawling, extracting and processing data, asynchronous communication and distributed systems.* Previous customer facing experience.BENEFITSAs a new SHubber, you will:Become part of a self-motivated, progressive, multi-cultural team.Have the opportunity to work remotely.Have the opportunity to go to conferences and meet with the team from across the globe.Get the chance to work with cutting-edge open source technologies and tools.
What you will do?????? We are looking for a Front-end Developer (ideally ?? React) to join our product team. Responsibilities You'll be in charge of developing User Interfaces integrated into our product micro Front-end architecture. You'll be working in a fully Agile team to help creating attractive and effective user interfaces. Your missions will be: ?????? Create web applications (mostly ?? React) designed for the end user, helped by our ? Design System, and maintainable by your teammates. ? Improve existing interfaces with UX and performance in mind. ? Contribute to improving our design system by adding React components to share among all teams. ? Industrialize your developments so that they are integrated as soon as possible into our daily deliveries to production.
About the teamYou will be part of the Product team which consists of twenty people with Back-end developers, DevOps, QA Testers, UI/UX Designer, and Product Managers. You will work in a friendly and open minded work environment.
Develop modular code and reusable components for the Nash exchange trading platform, browser extension, or SDK.
Document your work thoroughly so that others can work with and build upon it.
Engage in test-driven development practices.
Work asynchronously with a fully remote team.
We are looking for
Extensive knowledge of Git.
A strong portfolio of frontend development work.
We prefer but don't require
Experience working in remote teams
A history of contributing to open source software
Experience with TypeScript
Prior experience with functional programming languages such as OCaml, Elixir, or Haskell
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Today, Cloud runs primarily in public cloud environments like AWS and GCP, allowing customers to provision and scale Elastic clusters in a turnkey fashion. In addition to our SaaS solution we're working on bringing this same simplicity of deployment and automation to customers who want to run and manage multiple Elastic clusters on-premise (in their own data centers).You will be contributing significantly to both initiatives. You will also be integral in crafting the products we build, not just implementing specs.
Are you a front-end developer, ready to work on Cloud, our Elasticsearch-as-a-service product offering?
If so, we'd love to talk. To get a feel for some of the things we work with, take a look at this blog post by one of our team members. https://www.elastic.co/blog/color-coded-visualizations-react
If you read this far and think, “that's me!” then you probably won't need to read any further and we should have a conversation. But if you are in any doubt the type of experiences we expect you to have then the following should help clarify;
What you will be doing:
You will innovate, lead and contribute to the development and user experience of both our hosted and on-premise offerings.
You will work closely with the Elastic Cloud Product, Operations and Engineering teams to define and shape the tasks we work on.
Assist in designing a scalable cloud offering working across everything from a few Elasticsearch clusters and Kibana instances to many thousands
What you've done:
At least five years of web application development experience
Ability to work with a worldwide team in a distributed work environment
Enthusiastic about at least one of the following: UX, accessibility, security, design, or quality assurance
Track record in UX design is a huge plus
Experience building React applications in a large scale production environment
Understanding of the operational concerns for cloud-based software deployments
Helped build the UI for a highly technical Software-as-a-Service or Platform-as-a-Service
You believe in progress over perfection
We love people that are able to jump into new problem spaces and quickly identify potential pitfalls in design, implementation or UX
Competitive pay and benefits
Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
Passionate people building great products
Employees with a wide variety of interests
Distributed-first company with employees in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages! Some even fly south for the winter :)
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
We are looking for a thoughtful, detail-oriented developer to be the next member of our growing developer-owned, remote-friendly, people-first, hyphen-loving company.
The ideal candidate would have several years of experience working in open source web frameworks. They would also be eager to learn, grow, and foster healthy working relationships.
If you have experience building production web applications and are as passionate about helping customers as you are about working with new technologies, then we want to talk!
Skills & Requirements
Do you love to work directly with customers to solve business problems?
We believe great software is discovered by understanding the core problems our clients are facing – and that is best achieved through frequent and direct communication with the subject matter experts. We provide leadership to support and guide interactions, but we need you to be comfortable talking with clients, discussing problems, and proposing solutions, which may not always be more software.
Do you have experience writing production web applications?
We strive to support our team’s growth, learning, and taking on new roles at the edge of our comfort zones. At the same time, our clients expect us to bring a certain level of expertise. If you have never worked on a production web application, it is unlikely you will succeed here, even if you have other types of engineering experience.
Are you able to work remotely, within +/- 2 hours of US Eastern time zone?
We all mostly work from home. This requires the ability to self-direct and communicate well in writing. It also offers tremendous freedom and power, which comes with, uh, tremendous responsibility. We currently require our team to be within a 2hr time zone difference of Richmond, VA and physically based in the United States.
Being within easy driving distance of Richmond or Charlottesville is a huge plus!
Open source web development platforms (Rails, Django, Node.js)
Writing tests and using automated testing frameworks
Modern HTML/CSS (nothing crazy, we have a design team)
Mobile-first development, iOS/Android, React Native, etc.
WHAT WE OFFER
A Great Team – Our team of engineers and designers is the best part of working here. We only hire people who are fantastic teammates – competent and smart, sure, but also humble, positive, and generous.
Great Clients – We work with mostly small and medium clients, for whom our projects make a huge impact. We prioritize clients who are pleasant and good to work with, people who share our values of transparency and empathy.
Work From Home – We are a distributed company. Everyone works from home, though the leadership team all live in central Virginia.
Negligible Travel – In general, we don’t travel routinely for projects. If this is a specific concern, we’re happy to discuss.
Flexible Work Schedule – We require a certain amount of overlap with the rest of the team, but if you have a predictable schedule, we can probably support it, e.g., ending at 3:30 every day or being out every Friday morning.
Good Work Life Balance (really) – We ask our team to work 40 hours a week*. That’s all: a good, productive 40 hours. And then we try our best to leave you alone off the clock. We do this in part because that’s how we want to live but also because we want our team to be recharged and ready to do their best when working. *If you need to work fewer than 40 hours, that might be possible too; let’s talk.
Competitive Compensation – We offer highly competitive salary and benefits, including generous time off, 401k, FSA, medical and dental insurance.