The best remote jobs, hand-picked daily.Post a job for $299
Were looking for a Back End Engineer to join the engineering team at Zapier. Want to create a simple product that allows anyone to do complex, incredible things with the worlds APIs? Then keep reading! We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope youll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
- Help scale a fast-growing and unique system our workflow engine connects with thousands of APIs across thousands of servers
- Plan and build product features directly impact how our customers can be more productive
- Improve our developer platform directly impact the way partner devs add their apps to Zapier
- Ship code to millions of users every week
- Work with hundreds of different API integrations
- Give back to the community via open source and blog posts
- Experiment: this is a startup so everything can change
- As a part of Zapiers all-hands philosophy, help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible.
- Competitive salary (we dont use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. Well set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isnt a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and youll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
Clevertech is a leading consultancy that is on a mission to build transformational digital solutions for the worlds most innovative organizations. Enterprise companies turn to Clevertech to help them launch innovative digital products that interact with hundreds of millions of customers, transactions and data points. By partnering with Clevertech these companies are propelling forward and changing their industries, business models and more.
Based in New York City with fully remote development teams, Clevertech has built core product offerings for clients whose value was revealed in transactions valued in excess of $100 million.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We are hiring team members who are passionate and energized by the vision of empowering our customers in a complex industry through technology, data and a deep understanding of client concerns. In order to grasp the scale of problems we face, ideally you have some exposure to Logistics, FinTech, Transportation, Insurance, Media or other complex multifactor industries.
What youll do:
- Collaborate with our team in every stage of a product's lifecycle; from planning to delivery
- Create clean, modern, testable, well-documented code
- Confidently communicate daily with clients to understand and deliver technical requirements
- Manage your own workflow to meet the deadlines which you will have set with your team to ensure success
What is Required:
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience followed by 5+ years experience in a senior developer or architect role; ideally, you have delivered business critical software to large enterprises
- Database skills You understand the use cases for relational and non-relational data, youve implemented code against several different database platforms. (Postgres, MongoDB, MySQL)
- Strong communicator and fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to establish comfort with unit, integration and acceptance testing (Jest, TestCafe)
- Excited by pioneering and managing fast changes common in early-stage product development
Our Benefits We know that people do their best work when theyre taken care of. So we make sure to offer great benefits.
- Competitive Vacation Package
- Annual Financial Allowance for YOUR development
- Flexible Family Leave
- Clevertech Gives Back Program
- Clevertech U (Leadership Program, Habit Building, New Skills Training)
- Clevertech Swag
- Strong Clevertech Community
How We Work Why do people join Clevertech? To make an impact. To grow themselves. To be surrounded by developers who they can learn from. We are truly excited to be creating waves in an industry under transformation. True innovation comes from an exchange of knowledge across all of our teams. To put people on the path for success, we nurture a culture built on trust, collaboration, and personal growth. You will work in small feature-based cross-functional teams and be empowered to take ownership. We make a point of constantly evolving our experience and skills. We value diverse perspectives and fostering personal growth by challenging everyone to push beyond our comfort level and try something new. The result? We produce meaningful work
Getting Hired We hire people from a variety of backgrounds who are respectful, collaborative, and introspective. Members of the tech team, for example, come from diverse backgrounds having worked as copy editors, graphic designers, and photographers prior to joining Clevertech. Our hiring process focuses not only on your skills but also on your professional and personal ambitions. We want to get to know you. We put a lot of thought into the interview process in order to get a holistic understanding of you while being mindful of your time. You will solve problems derived from the work we do on a daily basis followed by thoughtful discussions around potential fit. Whatever the outcome, we want you to have a great candidate experience.
Craving more info? Weve created a blog specifically about our Interview Process for the sake of transparency - we want to set you up to be as successful as possible when interviewing for a role with the ever-expanding Clevertech family!
Are you passionate about innovative technologies and enjoy thinking creatively?
Excellent! You’ll be in great company!
If you're seeking an exciting career opportunity or an authentic chance to learn new technologies and feel that you are up to the challenge please get in touch – you have a place in this team and project.
We are a distributed team exploring the applications and implications of blockchain technology in the context of freedom of expression, collective memory and privacy for a better Web.
We recommend you to apply to this opening if you will wholeheartedly enjoy:
Facing the epic challenge(s) of crafting blockchain-based products;
The open source mindset, community and software;
Finding your way in a complex environment. Pushing beyond your comfort zone(s);
Getting stuff done and demonstrating results through metrics;
Always learning. Flexibility is key;
You can learn more about our adventure so far and our plans moving forward here.
By combining blockchain technologies such as Ethereum and the Inter Planetary File System (IPFS), AKASHA has the potential to change the way ideas, thoughts and experiences are shared and stored on the Internet.
With this in mind, we are searching for motivated people passionate about going beyond the scope of a narrow job position and happy to help on multiple fronts.
As part of our team you will work with some of the brightest minds in the blockchain tech space on unique and challenging ideas. You will also be in direct contact with the development and user community at large, actively participating in open discussions and brainstorming sessions.
If you are tired of working in traditional corporations crippled by office politics and bureaucracy this will be a breath of fresh air. Good ideas are valued higher than ranks here.
Experience designing modular, robust, reusable, and efficient libraries using Node.js
Experience building for both Node and browser environments
Willingness to learn and use new technologies
Ability to work as a teammate in a fast-paced team
Experience with software testing and continuous integration
Eye for detail
Good English skills, written and spoken (the team is decentralized around the world)
> Software design patterns
> Performance optimization (data structures and aglorithms)
> RESTful architecture
> Blockchain technologies such as Ethereum, IPFS, etc. (the more the better)
> Immutable JS
> Version control (Git)
Nice to have
> Front-end experience using ReactJS / Redux/Flux
> Experience as well as passion for open source projects
> A university degree in information technology
What We Offer
> The opportunity to make a positive impact in the world
> A meaningful job in a young, dynamic and friendly team
> A work environment inspiring excellence and creativity
> Competitive compensation based on experience and performance
> The chance to play with ideas that could reshape entire industries
> Continuous learning opportunities and unique challenges to take on
> Traveling opportunities to various blockchain events and conferences
> Flexible schedule
Together with a group of independent thinkers hacking under the Swiss AKASHA Foundation umbrella, we are bravely experimenting with new technologies in the search for solutions that can transform the Web into an ecosystem in service of humanity.
On this note, we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What's meaningful to us is being a friendly, passionate person resonating with our purpose and genuinely interested in doing a phenomenal job towards a better world through technology, while also having fun along the way :)
We look forward to hearing from you! o/
7 Cups’ mission is to empower every human to care for one another. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2013, 7 Cups’ has significantly expanded access to emotional support and behavioral health. We are currently the largest mental health system in the world. Over 2 million people from almost every country on the planet (191/195) in 152 different languages use the platform each month. We are living in a world with an immense love deficit. Many of us are not receiving the love we need to reach our true potential and to truly thrive. We are solving this huge problem, and trying to change the stigma around mental health.
7Cups is seeking a Full Stack Engineer, to join to our quickly growing team. You will build efficient programs and systems that best serve our users; work with other developers and product managers throughout the software development life cycle. This is a critical time for us as we recently won a multi million dollar contract with the state of California. We will be growing a lot over the next year. We're going to the next level as organization and our platform is also going to grow and evolve. It's an exciting time to be apart of the team.
What you’ll do:
- Code and test software based upon software specifications and design
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in existing software
- Analyze and study complex systems requirements
- Prepare design documentation
- Write and maintain technical documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with stakeholders throughout the organization
What you bring:
- 1-2 years of software developer experience
- You love to code and do it for fun!
- At least 6 months professional experience with React Native
- Understanding of OOP, data structures, and algorithms.
- Experience with one or more of our core technologies React, Node.js, PHP
- Creative, constructive problem solver
- Diligent, persistent worker
- Quick learner, collaborative, willing to question, eager to learn
- BS or BA in CS or comparable degree.
What you get:
- Remote-first culture, work where you want
- Built-in focus on professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement through meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous PTO policy promoting rest for mind/body/soul
Equal Employment Opportunities at 7Cups:
7Cups is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. 7Cups believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Massdrop Engineering is a small, fast-moving team dedicated to fundamentally changing the way enthusiast communities buy and interact online. We’re looking to grow our engineering team with a seasoned web developer who ideally has experience with React and Node.
As a Principal Software Engineer you will be a key contributor to technology at Massdrop. You’ll have direct impact on the company by leading development of some big and exciting projects. You’ll work closely with Engineering, Product, Design and Data teams deliver amazing experiences to our enthusiast communities as we grow and scale.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate should be strong in a majority of the bullet points below:
- Able to turn business objectives into researched, working technical solutions.
- Have a history of strong technical ownership on past web development projects - were you the “go to” person to get something built/investigated/fixed?
- Have knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Feel comfortable in lead position - able to guide a small team to success on a large project.
- Understand the value of team processes and are able to help others abide by them.
- Are comfortable providing development time estimates, both rough and detailed.
- Have experience with “ops” work - able to resolve production breakages or emergencies while maintaining a cool head.
- Have strong written and verbal communication - especially when interacting with other disciplines such as Product Management and Design.
- Enjoy mentoring others.
And proficient with most of:
- MySQL or other relational db
- AWS or other cloud environment
Who We Are
Massdrop is community-driven commerce. We design products with input from our members and give them a place to connect, learn, and shop with people who share their interests.
The engineering team contains of a number of seasoned developers who have scaled web apps beyond 10M daily active users. With our combined experiences we’ve distilled good practices and processes to ensure a healthy, sane, and efficient work environment. We’re all about quality engineering, not big egos; the best ideas win here.
If this sounds like the right environment for you to continue your software engineering career, then please submit an application. We’d love to talk with you!
Join us if you want to work on the next generation web publishing platform. Work on our CMS, use powerful technology like GraphQL, node.js, and OpenResty on our robust AWS infrastructure. Monitor, build, and scale a node.js, MongoDB, and redis stack on a resilient AWS deployment all coordinated by Rancher, Terraform, and running on Docker. Architect and implement a performant web publishing platform for people of all backgrounds. We are working on some incredible products and we need your expertise to do it.
We are looking for a thoughtful, detail-oriented developer to be the next member of our growing developer-owned, remote-friendly, people-first, hyphen-loving company.
The ideal candidate would have several years of experience working in open source web frameworks. They would also be eager to learn, grow, and foster healthy working relationships.
If you have experience building production web applications and are as passionate about helping customers as you are about working with new technologies, then we want to talk!
Skills & Requirements
Do you love to work directly with customers to solve business problems?
We believe great software is discovered by understanding the core problems our clients are facing – and that is best achieved through frequent and direct communication with the subject matter experts. We provide leadership to support and guide interactions, but we need you to be comfortable talking with clients, discussing problems, and proposing solutions, which may not always be more software.
Do you have experience writing production web applications?
We strive to support our team’s growth, learning, and taking on new roles at the edge of our comfort zones. At the same time, our clients expect us to bring a certain level of expertise. If you have never worked on a production web application, it is unlikely you will succeed here, even if you have other types of engineering experience.
Are you able to work remotely, within +/- 2 hours of US Eastern time zone?
We all mostly work from home. This requires the ability to self-direct and communicate well in writing. It also offers tremendous freedom and power, which comes with, uh, tremendous responsibility. We currently require our team to be within a 2hr time zone difference of Richmond, VA and physically based in the United States.
Being within easy driving distance of Richmond or Charlottesville is a huge plus!
Open source web development platforms (Rails, Django, Node.js)
Writing tests and using automated testing frameworks
Modern HTML/CSS (nothing crazy, we have a design team)
Mobile-first development, iOS/Android, React Native, etc.
WHAT WE OFFER
A Great Team – Our team of engineers and designers is the best part of working here. We only hire people who are fantastic teammates – competent and smart, sure, but also humble, positive, and generous.
Great Clients – We work with mostly small and medium clients, for whom our projects make a huge impact. We prioritize clients who are pleasant and good to work with, people who share our values of transparency and empathy.
Work From Home – We are a distributed company. Everyone works from home, though the leadership team all live in central Virginia.
Negligible Travel – In general, we don’t travel routinely for projects. If this is a specific concern, we’re happy to discuss.
Flexible Work Schedule – We require a certain amount of overlap with the rest of the team, but if you have a predictable schedule, we can probably support it, e.g., ending at 3:30 every day or being out every Friday morning.
Good Work Life Balance (really) – We ask our team to work 40 hours a week*. That’s all: a good, productive 40 hours. And then we try our best to leave you alone off the clock. We do this in part because that’s how we want to live but also because we want our team to be recharged and ready to do their best when working. *If you need to work fewer than 40 hours, that might be possible too; let’s talk.
Competitive Compensation – We offer highly competitive salary and benefits, including generous time off, 401k, FSA, medical and dental insurance.