The best remote jobs, hand-picked daily.Post a job for $299
Clevertech is a leading consultancy that is on a mission to build transformational digital solutions for the worlds most innovative organizations. Enterprise companies turn to Clevertech to help them launch innovative digital products that interact with hundreds of millions of customers, transactions and data points. By partnering with Clevertech these companies are propelling forward and changing their industries, business models and more.
Based in New York City with fully remote development teams, Clevertech has built core product offerings for clients whose value was revealed in transactions valued in excess of $100 million.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We are hiring team members who are passionate and energized by the vision of empowering our customers in a complex industry through technology, data and a deep understanding of client concerns. In order to grasp the scale of problems we face, ideally you have some exposure to Logistics, FinTech, Transportation, Insurance, Media or other complex multifactor industries.
What youll do:
- Collaborate with our team in every stage of a product's lifecycle; from planning to delivery
- Create clean, modern, testable, well-documented code
- Confidently communicate daily with clients to understand and deliver technical requirements
- Manage your own workflow to meet the deadlines which you will have set with your team to ensure success
What is Required:
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience followed by 5+ years experience in a senior developer or architect role; ideally, you have delivered business critical software to large enterprises
- Database skills You understand the use cases for relational and non-relational data, youve implemented code against several different database platforms. (Postgres, MongoDB, MySQL)
- Strong communicator and fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to establish comfort with unit, integration and acceptance testing (Jest, TestCafe)
- Excited by pioneering and managing fast changes common in early-stage product development
Our Benefits We know that people do their best work when theyre taken care of. So we make sure to offer great benefits.
- Competitive Vacation Package
- Annual Financial Allowance for YOUR development
- Flexible Family Leave
- Clevertech Gives Back Program
- Clevertech U (Leadership Program, Habit Building, New Skills Training)
- Clevertech Swag
- Strong Clevertech Community
How We Work Why do people join Clevertech? To make an impact. To grow themselves. To be surrounded by developers who they can learn from. We are truly excited to be creating waves in an industry under transformation. True innovation comes from an exchange of knowledge across all of our teams. To put people on the path for success, we nurture a culture built on trust, collaboration, and personal growth. You will work in small feature-based cross-functional teams and be empowered to take ownership. We make a point of constantly evolving our experience and skills. We value diverse perspectives and fostering personal growth by challenging everyone to push beyond our comfort level and try something new. The result? We produce meaningful work
Getting Hired We hire people from a variety of backgrounds who are respectful, collaborative, and introspective. Members of the tech team, for example, come from diverse backgrounds having worked as copy editors, graphic designers, and photographers prior to joining Clevertech. Our hiring process focuses not only on your skills but also on your professional and personal ambitions. We want to get to know you. We put a lot of thought into the interview process in order to get a holistic understanding of you while being mindful of your time. You will solve problems derived from the work we do on a daily basis followed by thoughtful discussions around potential fit. Whatever the outcome, we want you to have a great candidate experience.
Craving more info? Weve created a blog specifically about our Interview Process for the sake of transparency - we want to set you up to be as successful as possible when interviewing for a role with the ever-expanding Clevertech family!
Clevertech is seeking an iOS Developer to join us in developing premium native experiences for our consumers. In this role, you will deliver well designed, highly testable, and resilient applications. You will also be instrumental in driving our mobile technology roadmap forward and evangelizing mobile development and testing practices. The successful candidate is both deeply experienced with iOS development and a team player that thrives in a collaborative agile environment.
You can deliver quickly while being clever to avoid missteps. You have an effective positive attitude that shines as you show your care about client and colleague concerns. You are always learning and are a transparent communicator even when it is challenging. You thrive on challenging yourself daily and seek to surround yourself with like-minded individuals.
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- iOS mobile development work experience
- A solid grasp of fundamental algorithms and mobile applications
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Passion for operational excellence
- Bachelors degree in computer science, mathematics, a related field or equivalent work experience
- Strong communicator and fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge about the Lean Startup and Agile Methodologies
We know that people do their best work when theyre taken care of. So we make sure to offer great benefits.
- Competitive Vacation Package
- Annual Financial Allowance for YOUR development
- Flexible Family Leave
- Clevertech Gives Back Program
- Clevertech U (Leadership Program, Habit-Building, New Skills Training)
- Clevertech Swag
- Strong Clevertech Community
How We Work
Why do people join Clevertech? To make an impact. To grow themselves. To be surrounded by developers who they can learn from. We are truly excited to be creating waves in an industry under transformation.
True innovation comes from an exchange of knowledge across all of our teams. To put people on the path for success, we nurture a culture built on trust, collaboration, and personal growth. You will work in small feature-based cross-functional teams and be empowered to take ownership.
We make a point of constantly evolving our experience and skills. We value diverse perspectives and fostering personal growth by challenging everyone to push beyond our comfort level and try something new.
The result? We produce meaningful work
We hire people from a variety of backgrounds who are respectful, collaborative, and introspective. Members of the tech team, for example, come from diverse backgrounds having worked as copy editors, graphic designers, and photographers prior to joining Clevertech.
Our hiring process focuses not only on your skills but also on your professional and personal ambitions. We want to get to know you. We put a lot of thought into the interview process in order to get a holistic understanding of you while being mindful of your time. You will solve problems derived from the work we do on a daily basis followed by thoughtful discussions around potential fit. Whatever the outcome, we want you to have a great candidate experience.
Want to learn more about Clevertech and the team? Check out clevertech.careers.
Doximitys Mobile TeamAt Doximity, we put mobile first. We have built and maintain a suite of fully-native iOS and Android apps that healthcare professionals use on a daily basis to increase productivity and provide better patient care.We have just released our brand new flagship iOS app! It was re-designed and re-architected from the ground up, with an entirely new code base written 100% in Swift. Click here to see more information about our stack.We have several interesting projects in the pipeline and are looking for a talented iOS Software Engineer to join our growing team of 10 mobile engineers. Doximity is based in San Francisco, CA, but remote applicants are welcomed!We value diversity in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds to help build the future of healthcare.How youll make an impact:
What were looking for:
- You'll collaborate with a team of product managers, designers, QA, and other developers to drive mobile projects from beginning to end
- You'll be included in decision-making and will weigh in on balancing factors like scope, complexity, and timing
- You'll architect your code in a way that encourages and allows for flexible, modular, and reusable code
- You'll encourage growth within the team by participating in mentorship, knowledge sharing, and thorough code reviews
- You'll help keep our apps robust by writing tests, monitoring, reporting, and troubleshooting bugs
Nice to have:
- You have 3+ years of professional experience developing software for the iOS platform
- You feel at home writing Swift code and are comfortable maintaining Objective-C code
- You have experience with Functional Reactive Programming using ReactiveCocoa, ReactiveSwift, RxSwift, or other FRP frameworks
- You have strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, memory management, concurrency
- You have a disciplined approach to development: you consistently write unit tests, document your code, and follow team processes
- You are well-versed in Auto Layout and can build complex layouts using UIKit
- Given a UI design, you can propose API endpoints and responses for the optimal mobile experience
- You put security first, with a deep understanding of mobile vulnerabilities and how to protect our apps against them
- You are a team player: you care about others projects as your own and take time to brainstorm and debug with teammates
- You are passionate about the iOS platform: you stay on top of the latest iOS updates and are excited to experiment with new technologies as they become available
- You are a problem solver and are on the lookout for ways to improve the code, the processes, and the team
- If remote, you can maintain a minimum of 5 hours overlap with 9:30 to 5:30 PM PST
- You can dedicate about 18 days per year for travel to company events
Benefits & Perks
- You have an understanding of various mobile architectural patterns (MV*, VIPER)
- You have used technologies such as ReSwift, Texture, GraphQL, and Apollo
- You are able to leverage Instruments to troubleshoot memory leaks and slowdowns in app performance
- You have used Cocoapods for dependency management in your own projects
- You have experience with Core Data, Realm, or other forms of persistent storage
- Unlimited Discretionary Time Off
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, vision, dental, Life/ADD, 401k, flex spending accounts, commuter benefits, equipment budget, and continuous education budget
- Pre-IPO stock incentives
- Work from home Wednesdays
- .. and much more! For a full list, see our career page
Development specialized on the free software project Open edX, used by many universities and companies to run online courses. See edx.org, stanford.edu or fun-mooc.fr for examples of Open edX instances.
The Open edX platform is a large Python/Django codebase, with good code standards and architecture (a lot of the edX engineers come from MIT). You would work on different clients contracts using the platform. The clients list/references include Harvard, MIT, edX themselves, the French government, and various startups & universities currently running their own instances, or looking to create one. Tasks are very varied, from developing core platform features, custom exercises and tools for specific courses (XBlocks), customizing and deploying instances, working fullstack, operating our service infrastructure, improving our hosting platform, etc. You won't get bored here.
Most of your work is published as free software (Open edX is released under the AGPL license, which requires clients to release modifications under the same license), and you would also contribute to the free software project, pushing most of your developments upstream through pull requests, contributing features, documentation or help on mailing-lists.
- 3+ years working with Python
- Experience with Python web frameworks, specifically Django
- Experience with unit testing
- You feel comfortable working in a Linux environment, specifically Debian or Ubuntu
- Experience with databases: MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Experience with contributing to free software projects, and communicating within a free software community
You would have to work with tasks from the following categories, but you would be able to pick up the skills on the job if you don't master this yet:
- DevOps experience, especially on Debian/Ubuntu servers, Terraform, Vault, Packer, Prometheus, ELK, Docker. We are building a modern infrastructure and having a strong DevOps presence on top of core software engineering skills is a big plus with us.
- Cloud computing, like AWS or OpenStack
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible
- RabbitMQ, Redis & Elasticsearch
- git source control
- Mobile development (iOS and/or Android)
- Managing clients & projects from beginning to completion (senior developer)
- Public speaking at conferences (you would present a talk every year at the Open edX Con)
We are a team of twenty developers, all working remotely from Europe, North & South America, Asia & Australia. You would arrive at a critical moment, as we scale up to handle increasing demand from clients on the edX platform. The company is not affiliated with edX, but contributing and working with them on various projects. This is a full time position, were you would be able to work remotely from anywhere you want, as long as you have a good internet connexion. : )
We're looking for a well-rounded and experienced full stack developer strong in both front-end (CSS, HTML, React, etc) and backend (NodeJs, Redis, Mongo, Serverless). The perfect candidate can take a mock-up, have a conversation about the feature/interaction, and can build that interaction as a working application (CSS, HTML, React, Node-based API, etc). The right fit for our team has a love for coding and learning, works well in a fully-remote environment and is a high-energy strong communicator who can join an expert team and work with limited direction. This person would have at least 3 years of professional experience and preferably experience working remotely. The Work:
- Expand and evolve our social media dashboard and analytics platform used by thousands of journalists and broadcasters worldwide
- Build new features (screens, interactions, workflows) based on mockups and wireframes
- Build APIs and services that integrate with social media APIs (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)
- Help upgrade our systems from SOA to true microservices on AWS Lambda (Serverless)
- 100% remote team
- Platform based on React + Serverless + Mongo, etc
- Mobile apps built w/ React Native
- AWS Cloud-based hosted infrastructure
- Slack, Hangouts and other online collaboration tools
- 100% remote work
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive health, wellness and career benefits package
- Trust, autonomy, empowerment
- Demonstrable experience with ReactJs and NodeJs
- 3+ years web app development experience
- 2+ years of front-end development (HTML, CSS/SASS, etc)
- 2+ years of NodeJs experience
- Fluency in Git, GitHub and source code management concepts
- Social Media APIs (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Serverless framework (AWS Lambda) experience
- Microservices and/or SOA
- Previous remote work experience
- This is a 100% remote position, communication and self-direction are incredibly important
- You'll need a dedicated workspace (with a door)
- You must have a reliable high-speed internet connection (collaboration requires bandwidth)
We are a fast-growing and leading company in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations.
- Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live a healthier and better life
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from
- We thrive on open communication and dedication
- We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities can move up in the organization fast.
If this is the type of company you want to be a part of, apply now!
Job Type and Pay:
We are looking for a talented frontend developer. Pay will be in accordance with abilities and experience.
- Full-time only
- Position is remote
- No agencies
- Must work a minimum of 4 hours within PST time zone between 9AM to 8PM PST
Required Duties & Skills:
- Proficiency in React, Redux, and Redux-Saga
- Experience with React performance testing and performance optimization (React profiler, server-side rendering, code splitting/lazy loading)
- Well-versed in source control with Git
- Able to implement creative and visually-appealing frontend designs
- Ability to translate designs, wireframes, and mockups into highly-composable code
- Collaborating and troubleshooting issues with our backend team and other company stakeholders
- Writing clean, readable code and tests
- Giving and receiving feedback while working with a team
- Strong English-language communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential
- Knowledge of React Native (for mobile app development)
- Experience writing E2E tests with Cypress
- Familiarity with AWS, bitbucket, and Heroku, Material-UI
Our three companies:
Selfhacked.com - With over 1.5 million visitors per month, SelfHacked is the best source of scientific information on supplements and health topics with integrity, no agenda or ideology. We strive for completeness and accuracy, and we work to make it accessible for everyone. The SelfHacked team includes 4 PhDs, 1 PharmD, 2 PhD students, 2 MS in biology, and a few biochemistry graduates.
SelfDecode.com - We analyze people's DNA (over 15,000 users so far) and symptoms and give them health recommendations based on their DNA that are simple and easy to understand using our custom-built algorithms.
LabTestAnalyzer.com - Provides high-quality, science-backed information and lifestyle, diet, and supplement recommendations based on lab test results.
We are very selective in our process because we look for a very long-term, full-time partnership with our employees.
We try to keep the process as short as possible so we don't waste anyone's time. We've designed our tests and procedures so that if someone doesn't score above a certain threshold for a given segment, they are booted from the application process early. Most people will not spend more than 10 min of their time on our process. People who do well keep progressing and ultimately get hired and love working for our company!
If this is the type of company you want to be a part of, apply now!
FineTune is seeking a senior QA for our AP and Pre-AP software product. We are a fully distributed and international team though 1/3 of us are in Boston Metro area. S/he will have the opportunity to work on mission critical software that will impact 3-5 million students in 2019. If you are well versed in various
- selenium based testing
- load testing (Python Locust)
- smoke testing
- test driven development
- and have worked in QA'ing at least 3 production released software
you are welcome to apply. S/he will be working with our development team, product owners, designers and increase the quality of the software so that we may serve 3 million+ users in 2019.
- Proven experience in understanding complex user needs with multiple stakeholders
- 5+ years of QA experience
- 3+ years experience with API testing, UI testing, end to end testing.
- 3+ years experience QA’ing high-availability enterprise software a plus
- 5+ years experience with Databases (SQL or noSQL)
- Experience with Selenium
- Experience with Locust for load testing
- Experience with apache bench
- Java based automation
- Python based automation
- Strong Agile Experience
- Experience with continuous integration and test driven development
- Ability to dive deep into technical issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in debugging performance issues in docker, kubernetes and AWS ECS containers
- Experience with collaborating in github a plus
- Desire to continuously, learn, improve and apply new technologies that will increase operational efficiency and effectiveness
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent a plus
As we prepare for rapid business growth from here, FineTune Learning is seeking to hire a Senior QA Automation Engineer who have worked in at least 3 production released software/web/mobile products. We are looking for people who have strong motivation to grow startup companies, who is agile and continuously improving themselves while having an opinion for great software components and services with great attention to detail in delivering reliable software that is well tested according to user expectations.
Daylytes is building a company that brings people together through sports. We believe sports coverage lags behind the rest of the social and mobile apps we use, and we plan to build a solution. We aim to bring our customers relevant, unique, and engaging daily highlights (daylytes) that surpasses current sports media options. We’re starting methodically by delivering a superior product in a few local niches, then will expand outward to cover an increasing number of cities and regions with a scalable solution.
We are developer-centric, led by a technical founder with startup experience, venture backed, and aim to provide our developers with a distraction free environment where they can solve scalable problems, thrive, and grow. You will be one of the first five to join the company, and will get to play a critical role in the direction of the business. You will help define the platform, have responsibilities that are not redundant, and be held accountable by our small team of less than five
- Development of web-app and backend that will serve the Daylytes mobile apps (our stack is Rails, with React Native on mobile, and PostgreSQL db's.)
- Managing data gathering scripts, scrapers, and data cleansing programs used in our content aggregation and tagging.
- Administration of a database of sports content and metadata that will be used by web and mobile front ends.
- Working directly with mobile developers and being involved in technical decisions that will impact our core mobile app.
- Experience with web development
- Experience with database-driven applications and creating an API (we use PostgreSQL, with some legacy MySQL databases in use)
Nice to Have's
- History working in a small startup environment
- Prior work creating a consumer app and maintaining it in the App Store
- Any portfolio of work that you can share, public repos, open-source contributions, etc.
- A bachelors or graduate degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent
- More than 3 years experience
This position is for US residents only.
Accella is looking for a developer with experience building websites and modules in Drupal. The candidate will need to show an expertise in Drupal development that goes deeper than basic theming and should have experience building custom modules and integrating with third party applications and services.
We will heavily weigh the applicants problem solving skills. Must be highly motivated and a serious self starter.
Must have the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical resources. We are looking for someone that enjoys being part of a team and will offer feedback and ideas in order to design and develop the most solid and extensible products for our clients.
We want a leader, an ideas person, and someone that is eager to work on multiple challenging projects, sometimes simultaneously.
What we expect in a candidate:
- BS in Computer Science, BS in closely related discipline or equivalent industry experience
- Candidate must be located within the US, but can be located anywhere around the country
- 3+ years experience with Drupal development including experience with Drupal 8
- At least 5 years experience with software development
- Effective communication skills (written and oral)
- Problem-solving and creative mindset
- Experience thriving in a high-performance, results-oriented organization
- Experience and proficiency in interacting with external clients
- Experience with Ruby on Rails a plus
- Experience with native mobile development a plus
The candidate should be able to build slick UIs leveraging React, React Native, and CSS both for mobile apps and the web. The candidate should also have experience reading from and writing to a redux store.
You will be expected to take a Sketch/Zeplin design and implement the design into a working and tested React/React Native + CSS code. Some of the data calls will be plugged into your front-end by other developers.
You will make important contributions and your opinion will be heard.
We work mostly in an Agile methodology - stand ups, a weekly dev meeting, and daily communication on Slack. We will release often - once very 1-2 weeks.
The job can be remote or be located in Charleston, SC.
Rayka's core product is a social, recommendation-based travel app. We aim to provide rich, targeted content for travelers. Our group of travel experts were constantly asked for recommendations in different locations, so we came up with a way for experts to efficiently provide information and help build a community of knowledgeable travelers and travel enthusiasts.
We are an early stage startup looking to grow very quickly - both in employees and in user base.
Not sponsoring visas.
Equity is available with any offer.
* 2+ years professional React
* 1+ years professional Redux
* Ruby on Rails
We are a small team with the goal of delivering delightful user experiences throughout our products. In order to achieve this, we work directly with industry professionals, as well as our internal product, customer & engineering teams.
There are many opportunities to make an impact. We are directly responsible for improving Reify Health’s storytelling and brand. This includes working on company websites, support documentation, and external communication materials.
Our Design Team thinks in systems and champions this principle. We strive for consistency and look to develop patterns for reuse when solving problems. We are responsible for building our product design language in order to accelerate workflows throughout the design and development cycles of our products.
We are not afraid of getting our hands in the code. Our Design Team regularly pairs up with members of the engineering team to build front-end features. We believe that by working together, we not only make our experiences better for our end-users, but also better ourselves through close collaboration and learning.
We’re eager to find the right person to join our team. Clinical research professional do important and complex work. When they turn to Reify Health for help, we want to ensure that they directly benefit from our product – design is an integral part of their success.
Company & Product websites
Help build and maintain our Design System
Design and build reusable components as static assets for prototyping as well as a front-end development framework
Documenting these components to encourage consistency and literacy of this design language for both product specs and development
Product Feature Design & Front-end Development
Design Desktop and Mobile experiences for our products
Prototype ideas using our design system
Develop spec with the Product Team and work closely with engineering to deliver product
QA (Quality Assurance) — Testing our products and working closely with product and engineering teams to ensure a high quality customer experience
UX Research — lead and attend customer interviews to better understand the problems we are trying to solve.
Work with Customer and Sales teams to understand our design needs
Work with Product Managers to determine scope of work
Follow-up with customers and share ideas to validate our designs before building
Follow-up with customers and see how they are using our products to better understand how we can make improvements
Design Team Scaling — work with Product Team and Head of Design to help build out a design culture that..
Values shipping high quality product
Values interdisciplinary collaboration
Values personal growth and mentorship
Your Skills and Qualifications
4+ years of design practice or learning
You are a product minded designer who wants to ship real value and not just pretty pictures
Interest in working in a startup environment and willingness to wear many hats
Ability to communicate ideas effectively and efficiently
You have some good experience with graphical tools like Photoshop, Sketch or Balsamiq Mockups (or other wire-framing tools)
You have experience working with HTML / SCSS / JS to prototype ideas or a strong interest in learning these tools to better collaborate with our Engineering team
Empathy — you can put yourself in other’s shoes and use your intuition to inform your design decisions
You bring people across disciplines into your design process and collaborate well with the team
You have strong sense of information hierarchy and priority when working with information
You are pragmatic. You can see a distant future with a large system and take practical steps towards realizing this vision
You have strong organizational and time management skills. You don’t disappear in your work to the point where you lose touch with your team.
Strong HTML / SCSS / JS chops with experience and passion for Design Systems
Strong Illustration or animation skills
Experience creating tutorials or "how-to" videos
Experience with static site generators like Middleman or Jekyll
Years of experience working in startup environments or SaaS product companies
Experience with Clojure, ClojureScript and/or React.js
Experience designing tools in the healthcare space
Experience with project management tools like Trello, Pivotal Tracker
Experience with Git / Version Control Systems and Github
You enjoy playing board games with your co-workers
Compensation and Perks
We invest in our team’s development and are a fast growing company. There are ample opportunities to grow your role and rapidly develop your career.
Competitive salary and stock option package -- commensurate to your experience and expertise.
Health (including telemedicine), dental, vision, disability and life insurance. We pay 100% of your premiums and half for dependents.
A public transportation monthly pass for Boston residents. We are a short 2-3-minute walk from South Station.
Tackle a challenging, real-world problem in healthcare that directly help our friends and family -- and make large-scale impact.
We are looking for a thoughtful, detail-oriented developer to be the next member of our growing developer-owned, remote-friendly, people-first, hyphen-loving company.
The ideal candidate would have several years of experience working in open source web frameworks. They would also be eager to learn, grow, and foster healthy working relationships.
If you have experience building production web applications and are as passionate about helping customers as you are about working with new technologies, then we want to talk!
Skills & Requirements
Do you love to work directly with customers to solve business problems?
We believe great software is discovered by understanding the core problems our clients are facing – and that is best achieved through frequent and direct communication with the subject matter experts. We provide leadership to support and guide interactions, but we need you to be comfortable talking with clients, discussing problems, and proposing solutions, which may not always be more software.
Do you have experience writing production web applications?
We strive to support our team’s growth, learning, and taking on new roles at the edge of our comfort zones. At the same time, our clients expect us to bring a certain level of expertise. If you have never worked on a production web application, it is unlikely you will succeed here, even if you have other types of engineering experience.
Are you able to work remotely, within +/- 2 hours of US Eastern time zone?
We all mostly work from home. This requires the ability to self-direct and communicate well in writing. It also offers tremendous freedom and power, which comes with, uh, tremendous responsibility. We currently require our team to be within a 2hr time zone difference of Richmond, VA and physically based in the United States.
Being within easy driving distance of Richmond or Charlottesville is a huge plus!
Open source web development platforms (Rails, Django, Node.js)
Writing tests and using automated testing frameworks
Modern HTML/CSS (nothing crazy, we have a design team)
Mobile-first development, iOS/Android, React Native, etc.
WHAT WE OFFER
A Great Team – Our team of engineers and designers is the best part of working here. We only hire people who are fantastic teammates – competent and smart, sure, but also humble, positive, and generous.
Great Clients – We work with mostly small and medium clients, for whom our projects make a huge impact. We prioritize clients who are pleasant and good to work with, people who share our values of transparency and empathy.
Work From Home – We are a distributed company. Everyone works from home, though the leadership team all live in central Virginia.
Negligible Travel – In general, we don’t travel routinely for projects. If this is a specific concern, we’re happy to discuss.
Flexible Work Schedule – We require a certain amount of overlap with the rest of the team, but if you have a predictable schedule, we can probably support it, e.g., ending at 3:30 every day or being out every Friday morning.
Good Work Life Balance (really) – We ask our team to work 40 hours a week*. That’s all: a good, productive 40 hours. And then we try our best to leave you alone off the clock. We do this in part because that’s how we want to live but also because we want our team to be recharged and ready to do their best when working. *If you need to work fewer than 40 hours, that might be possible too; let’s talk.
Competitive Compensation – We offer highly competitive salary and benefits, including generous time off, 401k, FSA, medical and dental insurance.