The best remote jobs, hand-picked daily.Post a job for $299
Clevertech is seeking an iOS Developer to join us in developing premium native experiences for our consumers. In this role, you will deliver well designed, highly testable, and resilient applications. You will also be instrumental in driving our mobile technology roadmap forward and evangelizing mobile development and testing practices. The successful candidate is both deeply experienced with iOS development and a team player that thrives in a collaborative agile environment.
You can deliver quickly while being clever to avoid missteps. You have an effective positive attitude that shines as you show your care about client and colleague concerns. You are always learning and are a transparent communicator even when it is challenging. You thrive on challenging yourself daily and seek to surround yourself with like-minded individuals.
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- iOS mobile development work experience
- A solid grasp of fundamental algorithms and mobile applications
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Passion for operational excellence
- Bachelors degree in computer science, mathematics, a related field or equivalent work experience
- Strong communicator and fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge about the Lean Startup and Agile Methodologies
We know that people do their best work when theyre taken care of. So we make sure to offer great benefits.
- Competitive Vacation Package
- Annual Financial Allowance for YOUR development
- Flexible Family Leave
- Clevertech Gives Back Program
- Clevertech U (Leadership Program, Habit-Building, New Skills Training)
- Clevertech Swag
- Strong Clevertech Community
How We Work
Why do people join Clevertech? To make an impact. To grow themselves. To be surrounded by developers who they can learn from. We are truly excited to be creating waves in an industry under transformation.
True innovation comes from an exchange of knowledge across all of our teams. To put people on the path for success, we nurture a culture built on trust, collaboration, and personal growth. You will work in small feature-based cross-functional teams and be empowered to take ownership.
We make a point of constantly evolving our experience and skills. We value diverse perspectives and fostering personal growth by challenging everyone to push beyond our comfort level and try something new.
The result? We produce meaningful work
We hire people from a variety of backgrounds who are respectful, collaborative, and introspective. Members of the tech team, for example, come from diverse backgrounds having worked as copy editors, graphic designers, and photographers prior to joining Clevertech.
Our hiring process focuses not only on your skills but also on your professional and personal ambitions. We want to get to know you. We put a lot of thought into the interview process in order to get a holistic understanding of you while being mindful of your time. You will solve problems derived from the work we do on a daily basis followed by thoughtful discussions around potential fit. Whatever the outcome, we want you to have a great candidate experience.
Want to learn more about Clevertech and the team? Check out clevertech.careers.
Doximitys Mobile TeamAt Doximity, we put mobile first. We have built and maintain a suite of fully-native iOS and Android apps that healthcare professionals use on a daily basis to increase productivity and provide better patient care.We have just released our brand new flagship iOS app! It was re-designed and re-architected from the ground up, with an entirely new code base written 100% in Swift. Click here to see more information about our stack.We have several interesting projects in the pipeline and are looking for a talented iOS Software Engineer to join our growing team of 10 mobile engineers. Doximity is based in San Francisco, CA, but remote applicants are welcomed!We value diversity in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds to help build the future of healthcare.How youll make an impact:
What were looking for:
- You'll collaborate with a team of product managers, designers, QA, and other developers to drive mobile projects from beginning to end
- You'll be included in decision-making and will weigh in on balancing factors like scope, complexity, and timing
- You'll architect your code in a way that encourages and allows for flexible, modular, and reusable code
- You'll encourage growth within the team by participating in mentorship, knowledge sharing, and thorough code reviews
- You'll help keep our apps robust by writing tests, monitoring, reporting, and troubleshooting bugs
Nice to have:
- You have 3+ years of professional experience developing software for the iOS platform
- You feel at home writing Swift code and are comfortable maintaining Objective-C code
- You have experience with Functional Reactive Programming using ReactiveCocoa, ReactiveSwift, RxSwift, or other FRP frameworks
- You have strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, memory management, concurrency
- You have a disciplined approach to development: you consistently write unit tests, document your code, and follow team processes
- You are well-versed in Auto Layout and can build complex layouts using UIKit
- Given a UI design, you can propose API endpoints and responses for the optimal mobile experience
- You put security first, with a deep understanding of mobile vulnerabilities and how to protect our apps against them
- You are a team player: you care about others projects as your own and take time to brainstorm and debug with teammates
- You are passionate about the iOS platform: you stay on top of the latest iOS updates and are excited to experiment with new technologies as they become available
- You are a problem solver and are on the lookout for ways to improve the code, the processes, and the team
- If remote, you can maintain a minimum of 5 hours overlap with 9:30 to 5:30 PM PST
- You can dedicate about 18 days per year for travel to company events
Benefits & Perks
- You have an understanding of various mobile architectural patterns (MV*, VIPER)
- You have used technologies such as ReSwift, Texture, GraphQL, and Apollo
- You are able to leverage Instruments to troubleshoot memory leaks and slowdowns in app performance
- You have used Cocoapods for dependency management in your own projects
- You have experience with Core Data, Realm, or other forms of persistent storage
- Unlimited Discretionary Time Off
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, vision, dental, Life/ADD, 401k, flex spending accounts, commuter benefits, equipment budget, and continuous education budget
- Pre-IPO stock incentives
- Work from home Wednesdays
- .. and much more! For a full list, see our career page
We’re looking to hire a backend developer to join our team working on PSPDFKit for Web. We are building a modern PDF SDK with technologies like Elixir, React, PostgreSQL, Docker, and WebAssembly. Your role as a backend developer will be to implement new features, improve the reliance of our server component, and work on scalability problems in a well-tested Elixir application.
Work as part of a small, driven team that builds new features and fixes existing issues on a steady schedule.
Make architectural decisions that will impact thousands of products for years.
Write readable and well-documented code with meaningful tests so that we can ship new releases often and without fear.
Take the time to do things correctly instead of coming up with quick fixes.
Collaborate with the entire company (Android, iOS, Windows, Core, Support, Design, Marketing, and Sales) using Slack, GitHub, and Zoom.
Support our customers in integrating our products, help them debug and fix issues, and collaborate with them to understand their requirements for our products.
Be familiar with or have an interest in learning Elixir and its ecosystem of tools and packages.
Have a high-level understanding of the web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, WebSockets, cookies, proxies, and caching).
Have a strong interest in scaling PostgreSQL or a similar RDBMS, as well as understand the importance of consistency and efficiency when designing the data model for an application.
Be eager to learn more about systems design, highly concurrent applications, immutable data, and functional programming models.
Have good communication skills and enjoy working on a passionate team.
Have a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
Have a good command of English for writing documentation and occasional blog posts.
Understand the challenges of working on a distributed team.
Please note that you can be a perfect fit even if not everything we’ve outlined above applies to you. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.
The ability to work remotely and set your own schedule.
A family-friendly work environment.
Room for personal and professional development by encouraging learning and experimenting.
Two planned company events during the year (for example, in Croatia, Italy, Spain, Greece, and Vienna).
A motivated team that enables you to do your best work.
A generous vacation policy of five weeks, plus an additional allowance for conferences.
An Application Should Include:
A writeup explaining who you are as a programmer. We are especially interested in knowing how you started, what projects you have loved (or not loved) working on, what motivates you, and what surprising things you’ve learned since you began programming.
A piece of code (it doesn’t have to be your own) that does something you find interesting, and an explanation why.
Links to online profiles you use (e.g. GitHub, Twitter).
A description of your work history (such as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or prose).
Your Day at PSPDFKit
Your day at PSPDFKit starts with an asynchronous today message in our team’s Slack channel, where you outline your goals for the day so that everyone on the team knows what everyone else is working on. All our regular company meetings occur on the same day each week, so most of the time you’ll be able to focus on your assigned tasks without interruptions.
You’ll work on adding features to our Elixir-based server product and improving the stability of our existing applications together with our customers. We strongly believe in code quality over quantity, which is why new changes undergo a proposal phase where everyone on the team is invited to collaborate. We write unit, integration, and end-to-end tests and do peer reviews for every change.
Beyond working on features and bug fixes, we also take time to help you improve upon your personal goals (through regular 1on1s and mentoring). Our remote-first focus allows you to set up working hours that best fit your daily routine. You can read more about our onboarding period here.
PSPDFKit helps companies and users increase productivity across the globe. With our robust PDF solutions, we ensure developers and end users have the highest quality tools available to do their best work. Trusted by industry leaders such as IBM, SAP, Lufthansa, and United Airlines, PSPDFKit is the go-to solution for integrating PDFs into your app. Find out more about us on our team page and check us out on Instagram.
PSPDFKit is an equal opportunity employer with people from many different cultures and countries. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, skillsets, and perspectives, and to providing our employees with a work environment free of harassment.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other non-merit factor. We’d especially love to receive applications from individuals who are underrepresented in the tech industry.
Development specialized on the free software project Open edX, used by many universities and companies to run online courses. See edx.org, stanford.edu or fun-mooc.fr for examples of Open edX instances.
The Open edX platform is a large Python/Django codebase, with good code standards and architecture (a lot of the edX engineers come from MIT). You would work on different clients contracts using the platform. The clients list/references include Harvard, MIT, edX themselves, the French government, and various startups & universities currently running their own instances, or looking to create one. Tasks are very varied, from developing core platform features, custom exercises and tools for specific courses (XBlocks), customizing and deploying instances, working fullstack, operating our service infrastructure, improving our hosting platform, etc. You won't get bored here.
Most of your work is published as free software (Open edX is released under the AGPL license, which requires clients to release modifications under the same license), and you would also contribute to the free software project, pushing most of your developments upstream through pull requests, contributing features, documentation or help on mailing-lists.
- 3+ years working with Python
- Experience with Python web frameworks, specifically Django
- Experience with unit testing
- You feel comfortable working in a Linux environment, specifically Debian or Ubuntu
- Experience with databases: MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Experience with contributing to free software projects, and communicating within a free software community
You would have to work with tasks from the following categories, but you would be able to pick up the skills on the job if you don't master this yet:
- DevOps experience, especially on Debian/Ubuntu servers, Terraform, Vault, Packer, Prometheus, ELK, Docker. We are building a modern infrastructure and having a strong DevOps presence on top of core software engineering skills is a big plus with us.
- Cloud computing, like AWS or OpenStack
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible
- RabbitMQ, Redis & Elasticsearch
- git source control
- Mobile development (iOS and/or Android)
- Managing clients & projects from beginning to completion (senior developer)
- Public speaking at conferences (you would present a talk every year at the Open edX Con)
We are a team of twenty developers, all working remotely from Europe, North & South America, Asia & Australia. You would arrive at a critical moment, as we scale up to handle increasing demand from clients on the edX platform. The company is not affiliated with edX, but contributing and working with them on various projects. This is a full time position, were you would be able to work remotely from anywhere you want, as long as you have a good internet connexion. : )
- Experience with iOS and Android development
- Code optimization and performance improvements
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Experience with working remotely
- Familiar/involved with open source projects
- Independent, self-motivated
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Proven track record of always learning and growing
- Proactive attitude
- Possess a spirit of generosity
- Get the chance to work with big brands like Riot Games, Fox Broadcasting, Kaplan Inc...
- Live and work in one of our roaming hacker houses (X-Outposts) around the world.
- Work from anywhere as part of a community of digital nomads.
- Join our vibrant community, filled with opportunities to learn new skills together in study groups, join clubs (photography, gaming, etc.) and get free camera equipment/games/conferences/courses/massages/etc., charitable fundraisers, fitness & yoga programs (+gym membership), etc. This is the community to be in if you're a remote developer.
- Well provide up to $2,500 in funding for your learning and growth through our Unleash program, which provides opportunities to unleash your potential through initiatives that help you grow as a developer and explore your passions more each day.
The candidate should be able to build slick UIs leveraging React, React Native, and CSS both for mobile apps and the web. The candidate should also have experience reading from and writing to a redux store.
You will be expected to take a Sketch/Zeplin design and implement the design into a working and tested React/React Native + CSS code. Some of the data calls will be plugged into your front-end by other developers.
You will make important contributions and your opinion will be heard.
We work mostly in an Agile methodology - stand ups, a weekly dev meeting, and daily communication on Slack. We will release often - once very 1-2 weeks.
The job can be remote or be located in Charleston, SC.
Rayka's core product is a social, recommendation-based travel app. We aim to provide rich, targeted content for travelers. Our group of travel experts were constantly asked for recommendations in different locations, so we came up with a way for experts to efficiently provide information and help build a community of knowledgeable travelers and travel enthusiasts.
We are an early stage startup looking to grow very quickly - both in employees and in user base.
Not sponsoring visas.
Equity is available with any offer.
* 2+ years professional React
* 1+ years professional Redux
* Ruby on Rails
Coda is a rapidly growing startup building a platform that empowers people to build docs as powerful as apps.
We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists, and have assembled a world-class team across offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, Seattle, and New York City and are open to remote locations as well.
About the Role:
Since our early days as a company, we've been inspired by the culture and execution of support teams at companies like Zapier and Intercom. We're looking for talented Coda makers with strong user empathy to join our Product Support team as we build it from scratch. You'll be on the ground floor of a talented team and have the opportunity to influence our culture for years to come.
The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for data-oriented products and is an avid user of tools like Coda, AirTable, Excel, Google Sheets, or Filemaker Pro. They will need to be able to get inside the mind of a diverse set of Coda users -- both consumer and enterprise -- and be comfortable building against and solving problems for many scenarios. The ideal candidate should be able to assist users at multiple altitudes ー from specific formula fixes in a table to general team process and workflow suggestions depending on the customer's needs. You should be a great listener, an astute observer of user behavior, and able to spot patterns quickly and synthesize them to the rest of the company. We're looking for candidates who can be great "coaches" for our users. Being able to distinguish when it's best to teach someone a new concept, vs unblock them and solve their immediate problem.
Support our users to facilitate and unblock the creation of great docs, debugging technical issues and guiding them towards the right learning material.
Communicate between the customer and the Product team - being a customer voice in decision meetings.
Ability to debug issues and escalate when needed - both for issues and pattern of issues. Analyze trends and look for ways to improve the product and learnings to minimize reactive support.
We are looking for a thoughtful, detail-oriented developer to be the next member of our growing developer-owned, remote-friendly, people-first, hyphen-loving company.
The ideal candidate would have several years of experience working in open source web frameworks. They would also be eager to learn, grow, and foster healthy working relationships.
If you have experience building production web applications and are as passionate about helping customers as you are about working with new technologies, then we want to talk!
Skills & Requirements
Do you love to work directly with customers to solve business problems?
We believe great software is discovered by understanding the core problems our clients are facing – and that is best achieved through frequent and direct communication with the subject matter experts. We provide leadership to support and guide interactions, but we need you to be comfortable talking with clients, discussing problems, and proposing solutions, which may not always be more software.
Do you have experience writing production web applications?
We strive to support our team’s growth, learning, and taking on new roles at the edge of our comfort zones. At the same time, our clients expect us to bring a certain level of expertise. If you have never worked on a production web application, it is unlikely you will succeed here, even if you have other types of engineering experience.
Are you able to work remotely, within +/- 2 hours of US Eastern time zone?
We all mostly work from home. This requires the ability to self-direct and communicate well in writing. It also offers tremendous freedom and power, which comes with, uh, tremendous responsibility. We currently require our team to be within a 2hr time zone difference of Richmond, VA and physically based in the United States.
Being within easy driving distance of Richmond or Charlottesville is a huge plus!
Open source web development platforms (Rails, Django, Node.js)
Writing tests and using automated testing frameworks
Modern HTML/CSS (nothing crazy, we have a design team)
Mobile-first development, iOS/Android, React Native, etc.
WHAT WE OFFER
A Great Team – Our team of engineers and designers is the best part of working here. We only hire people who are fantastic teammates – competent and smart, sure, but also humble, positive, and generous.
Great Clients – We work with mostly small and medium clients, for whom our projects make a huge impact. We prioritize clients who are pleasant and good to work with, people who share our values of transparency and empathy.
Work From Home – We are a distributed company. Everyone works from home, though the leadership team all live in central Virginia.
Negligible Travel – In general, we don’t travel routinely for projects. If this is a specific concern, we’re happy to discuss.
Flexible Work Schedule – We require a certain amount of overlap with the rest of the team, but if you have a predictable schedule, we can probably support it, e.g., ending at 3:30 every day or being out every Friday morning.
Good Work Life Balance (really) – We ask our team to work 40 hours a week*. That’s all: a good, productive 40 hours. And then we try our best to leave you alone off the clock. We do this in part because that’s how we want to live but also because we want our team to be recharged and ready to do their best when working. *If you need to work fewer than 40 hours, that might be possible too; let’s talk.
Competitive Compensation – We offer highly competitive salary and benefits, including generous time off, 401k, FSA, medical and dental insurance.