The best remote jobs, hand-picked daily.Post a job for $299
We're looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join the engineering team at Zapier. Want to create a simple product that allows anyone to do complex, incredible things with the world's APIs? Then keep reading!
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Even though our job description may seem like we're looking for a specific candidate, the role inevitably ends up tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if:
You care deeply about improving frontend technology so our customers can have a great experience using our product.
You love great UX. You spend most of your time coding, but you also have an eye for great design and a feel for great UX. Maybe you were once a designer (or still are) or maybe your creative outlet has always been the code. Either way, you care about more than just the code.
You can balance lots of concerns. Frontend apps have to take into account performance (using networks and devices that we can't control), customer demands, A/B tests, UX research, code quality, a rapidly changing ecosystem of languages and modules, and the list goes on. And we actually want to ship things too! You can balance those demands without getting overwhelmed and keep the needle moving forward.
You love helping others. You love sharing knowledge with the rest of your team, building shared tooling for other engineers, giving back to the open-source community, and directly helping customers.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Research, guide, and execute frontend architecture changes, including but by no means limited to GraphQL, server-side React rendering, and Flow typing.
- Build reusable React components with modular CSS, manage data on the client with Redux and GraphQL, and test everything with Jest.
- Measure and resolve performance bottlenecks, using tools like Chrome DevTools, Lighthouse, WebPagetest, or custom tooling.
- Work closely with our product, design, and UX teams to create amazing and intuitive experiences that make it effortless to connect different apps together.
- Help put tools, processes, and documentation in place to improve our code quality.
- Review code written by other team members or other teams.
- Ship to hundreds of thousands of users every day while having lots of autonomy in terms of code and feature ownership.
- Work with complex and varied data structures (APIs can be a little, uh, eccentric).
- Help out with our Python backend or Node-based developer platform.
- Share what you know and learn either one-on-one or with lightning talks to the group.
- Give back to the community via open source and blog posts.
- Experiment: this is a startup so everything can change as we experiment with doing more custom partnership work
- As a part of Zapier's all-hands philosophy, help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible.
You’ll also have the opportunity to specialize in a variety of areas of the Zapier codebase, including core product or platform development. Focusing on a specialization will not limit your area for growth at Zapier as each engineer brings a unique perspective and can contribute differently in all areas. We encourage participation and will frequently have engineers contribute across teams to assist in projects.
For the past six years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: Planet Earth.
If you want to work remote, that's great. If you want to work near others, that's cool too. Our team of 100+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don't have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US-based employees.
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
The web engineering team is responsible for all things unsplash.com.We use modern and well-supported tools to build the best possible version of our product in collaboration with the API and design teams.At a high level, the web architecture consists of a Node server (TypeScript), with React for rendering on both the server and client.Over the years, weve taken Unsplash from a humble Tumblr blog to a fully-fledged web app supporting tens of millions of users and tons of useful features. At the same time, weve improved its performance by leveraging modern techniques like SSR, dynamic chunk-splitting, CDN HTML caching, complex state management using memoization and Observables, etc. Weve done all that with a lean team of just 2 web developers: frequent code releases and in-depth code reviews help us share knowledge and identify problems early. But theres still so much more to learn and do, and thats why we need you!We designed our company in a way to get as much of the stuff thats not the creative work out of your way, so you can do your best work. We dont believe in a top-down, shoulder-tapping, 95 type culture. You have the autonomy to manage yourself. We dont work set hours. We respect flow. We believe you should be able to structure your days for what makes you feel the most energized and creative.A glance at some of our blog posts and open source work can give you an idea on how we approach and solve our problems:Recently open sourced libraries:
Recent blog posts:
- Manipulating URL strings with
react-progressive-enhancement: A handy collection of HOCs for universally rendered apps
YouIf you tick (most of) these boxes, you should get in touch with us:
- Building the Unsplash Uploader
- Strongly-typed finite-state machines with Redux and TypeScript
- How we gradually migrated to TypeScript at Unsplash
- How we test responsive images at Unsplash
Its a bonus if you have experience with:
- Youre comfortable being part of a small, autonomous and distributed team.
- Being a small team, we dive into everything. You are comfortable working across the full stack, from writing CSS to fine tuning a CDNalthough we dont expect you to know these skills upfront, but you should be willing to learn them when they become necessary.
- Youre a quick learner whos able to pick up new concepts whenever necessary.
- Youre able to adequately prioritize between improving UX, optimizing performance, and building new features.
- Youre comfortable with React.
- You care about the end-product beyond just writing the code that makes it work.
Our team is made up of people who enjoy making things people love. We care about details and we care about quality.
- TypeScript, Redux, Reselect, Observables.
- front-end performance (e.g. optimising page load, page layout, and React rendering).
- building a large-scale app
If you want to work with us, all we want to see is a message from you. Please dont send a resume. Instead, tell us who you are. Show us relevant things youve done that youre excited about.
- Generous vacation: 3 weeks MINIMUM vacation.
- Work from home: Were a remote first company.
- Workshops/conferences: Conferences & Learning budget.
- Company retreats: Team retreats 1-2 times a year.
- Relocation: If youd like to relocate to Montreal, we provide $8,000 lump sum to cover out-of-pocket costs associated with relocation
- Flexible hours: You manage your time. You set your working hours.
- Maternal/Paternal leave: If you have a baby, youre paid for any time you need to take off. The time you take off will be your judgment. This is an important time and we dont want to be deciding which days you should be taking off or not. Well be there for you. If we feel the balance is not quite right or if you have any questions, well chat.
- Pet friendly: Obviously if you work from home, but also if you relocate to Montreal. Our office is pet friendly.
- Manipulating URL strings with
Bear Group is a leading web development firm based in Seattle looking for an experienced backend web developer to join our team. You will have the opportunity to work with leading companies and marketing teams to develop complex sites and integrations between systems.We are a fully distributed team that primarily builds in PHP on the Magento and Drupal platforms for ecommerce and content management sites. Since we are fully remote, you can work from anywhere! We do require at least 4 hours of working time overlap with the Pacific time zone work day where most of our clients are located. As a highly client focused organization, you will occasionally need to meet according to their schedule. This typically falls between 10 and 5 Pacific time, and we strive to give you plenty of time to focus on development.Working with a variety of clients, we fluidly form groups including a Technical Project Manager, a Quality Analyst, and one or more developers to complete sprints of work. The type of work depends on the client, but often includes:
You will need to be self-motivating and able to work independently most of the time, but we have a friendly and capable team to collaborate with when you encounter obstacles. Youll need to have a minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience, a BA/BS degree, and experience with Drupal, Magento or similar open source frameworks. Youll also need to be visually oriented with experience in Sketch or Photoshop and a good understanding of content organization and concepts within information architecture. Experience in client-service environments is a must and youll need to be professional and client service oriented; positive and proactive; able to react swiftly to meet client expectations.Since the technology world is constantly evolving, youll be expected to keep up with the current technologies and practices. To help with this, we provide an annual education stipend that can be used for attending relevant conferences or continued education courses.During your first week you will work closely with one or our senior developers to set up your new system and familiarize with our processes and tools. The system will be either Mac, Linux, or Windows to your preference, and we use Docker containers for a consistent development server stack. Other tools you will use include:
- Developing client web sites using Drupal and Magento Commerce
- Balancing workload across many projects simultaneously
- Quality assurance and testing across projects
- Collaborating cross-functionally and with a diverse group of clients
- Working with business development to assess and price new client projects
As you get your feet under you we will introduce some project work, again in collaboration with a senior developer on a sprint they are currently working on. Ultimately our developers work independently on your own tickets and sprints.In addition to competitive pay, a new computer, insurance, and 401k match, youll also receive:
- Git for source control
- Bitbucket for Git repositories
- Jira for project management
- Confluence for documentation
- Slack for communication.
To learn more about the company, visit www.beargroup.com.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 3 Weeks PTO plus approximately 10 vacation days annually
- $1500 annual education stipend
- Software stipend for the tools that you prefer to do the job
Development specialized on the free software project Open edX, used by many universities and companies to run online courses. See edx.org, stanford.edu or fun-mooc.fr for examples of Open edX instances.
The Open edX platform is a large Python/Django codebase, with good code standards and architecture (a lot of the edX engineers come from MIT). You would work on different clients contracts using the platform. The clients list/references include Harvard, MIT, edX themselves, the French government, and various startups & universities currently running their own instances, or looking to create one. Tasks are very varied, from developing core platform features, custom exercises and tools for specific courses (XBlocks), customizing and deploying instances, working fullstack, operating our service infrastructure, improving our hosting platform, etc. You won't get bored here.
Most of your work is published as free software (Open edX is released under the AGPL license, which requires clients to release modifications under the same license), and you would also contribute to the free software project, pushing most of your developments upstream through pull requests, contributing features, documentation or help on mailing-lists.
- 3+ years working with Python
- Experience with Python web frameworks, specifically Django
- Experience with unit testing
- You feel comfortable working in a Linux environment, specifically Debian or Ubuntu
- Experience with databases: MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Experience with contributing to free software projects, and communicating within a free software community
You would have to work with tasks from the following categories, but you would be able to pick up the skills on the job if you don't master this yet:
- DevOps experience, especially on Debian/Ubuntu servers, Terraform, Vault, Packer, Prometheus, ELK, Docker. We are building a modern infrastructure and having a strong DevOps presence on top of core software engineering skills is a big plus with us.
- Cloud computing, like AWS or OpenStack
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible
- RabbitMQ, Redis & Elasticsearch
- git source control
- Mobile development (iOS and/or Android)
- Managing clients & projects from beginning to completion (senior developer)
- Public speaking at conferences (you would present a talk every year at the Open edX Con)
We are a team of twenty developers, all working remotely from Europe, North & South America, Asia & Australia. You would arrive at a critical moment, as we scale up to handle increasing demand from clients on the edX platform. The company is not affiliated with edX, but contributing and working with them on various projects. This is a full time position, were you would be able to work remotely from anywhere you want, as long as you have a good internet connexion. : )
We're looking for a well-rounded and experienced full stack developer strong in both front-end (CSS, HTML, React, etc) and backend (NodeJs, Redis, Mongo, Serverless). The perfect candidate can take a mock-up, have a conversation about the feature/interaction, and can build that interaction as a working application (CSS, HTML, React, Node-based API, etc). The right fit for our team has a love for coding and learning, works well in a fully-remote environment and is a high-energy strong communicator who can join an expert team and work with limited direction. This person would have at least 3 years of professional experience and preferably experience working remotely. The Work:
- Expand and evolve our social media dashboard and analytics platform used by thousands of journalists and broadcasters worldwide
- Build new features (screens, interactions, workflows) based on mockups and wireframes
- Build APIs and services that integrate with social media APIs (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)
- Help upgrade our systems from SOA to true microservices on AWS Lambda (Serverless)
- 100% remote team
- Platform based on React + Serverless + Mongo, etc
- Mobile apps built w/ React Native
- AWS Cloud-based hosted infrastructure
- Slack, Hangouts and other online collaboration tools
- 100% remote work
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive health, wellness and career benefits package
- Trust, autonomy, empowerment
- Demonstrable experience with ReactJs and NodeJs
- 3+ years web app development experience
- 2+ years of front-end development (HTML, CSS/SASS, etc)
- 2+ years of NodeJs experience
- Fluency in Git, GitHub and source code management concepts
- Social Media APIs (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Serverless framework (AWS Lambda) experience
- Microservices and/or SOA
- Previous remote work experience
- This is a 100% remote position, communication and self-direction are incredibly important
- You'll need a dedicated workspace (with a door)
- You must have a reliable high-speed internet connection (collaboration requires bandwidth)
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to pursue the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. We help people around the globe do extraordinary things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Founded in 2012 by the people behind the Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats open source projects, we believe that diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries. As a product designer on the Swiftype team, you'll be involved in many aspects of the product development process, from concept to prototyping to marketing. We are looking for a self-motivated and inventive individual with strong product, interaction, and visual design skills. What you'll be doing:
- You will provide product designs, prototypes, and UX flows.
- You will collaborate with engineers to ensure high-quality implementation and user experience.
- You will build and curate our design system in both Sketch/Figma and code.
- You will create iconography and illustration as needed in your designs.
- 5+ years of design experience working on sophisticated, complex web applications or SaaS products.
- A portfolio of products and experiences that youve helped launch into the real world.
- Experience with modern design tools, like Figma and Sketch.
- Ability to think about and design at both a systems-level and feature-level.
- A passion for designing end-to-end user experiences.
- Ability to clearly articulate design decisions and understand trade-offs.
- Skills to lead your projects and coordinate with the rest of the team.
- The ability to build what you design in HTML, JS and CSS (we use Sass).
- Experience leading user research and testing.
- Experience working with and developing design systems.
- Familiarity with JS frameworks like React or Angular.
- A love for animation. Familiarity with tools like Principle, Framer or CSS animations is a big advantage.
- Experience building accessible designs.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We're searching for a senior engineer with extensive experience building web applications that combine solid architecture, security and scalability with a focus on customer experience. You will be a vital team player who is able to balance the core platform requirements of the business with the ability to embrace new technology and best-practice innovations in the sector. Creating web services with a keen focus on API consumability is second nature. You are comfortable working on large projects, taking them forward and making recommendations to the direction they take based on evidence provided by hard data. You can spot a well designed API and have proven experience working with and developing critical APIs at scale. Split at a glance
- A single app, with a large pipeline of new integrating clients.
- Stack snapshot: Rails, RSpec, PostgreSQL, Redis, Puma, Yarn, Webpack, AWS.
- Process management: Asana, GitHub.
- TDD with 100% coverage (according to Simplecov).
- We ?? code reviews.
- Design, develop and iterate through new features.
- Provide insight and advice to other key stakeholders.
- Review and mentor other team members. Be a team player!
- Ensure production-ready high code quality.
- Continually consider the product from both a holistic and specific view-point.
- Security reviews.
- Technical planning with proven experience designing APIs with scale and security in
- Comfortable with CSS, HTML and associated front end technologies.
- Familiar with CI/CD processes.
- Highly attentive to detail (nothing is too small to notice or correct).
- DevOps and AWS
- Modern JS and frameworks (ES2018, React, Redux, etc )
- Be assiduous.
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- Be respectful.
- Be flexible.
- Be proactive.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics.
- Competitive salary package commensurate with experience.
- Great employment benefits and working situation (remote friendly).
- Rapid career advancement opportunities.
- Read more about our approach at http://www.splitpayments.com.au/careers
We are a fast-growing and leading company in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations.
- Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live a healthier and better life
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from
- We thrive on open communication and dedication
- We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities can move up in the organization fast.
If this is the type of company you want to be a part of, apply now!
Job Type and Pay:
We are looking for a talented frontend developer. Pay will be in accordance with abilities and experience.
- Full-time only
- Position is remote
- No agencies
- Must work a minimum of 4 hours within PST time zone between 9AM to 8PM PST
Required Duties & Skills:
- Proficiency in React, Redux, and Redux-Saga
- Experience with React performance testing and performance optimization (React profiler, server-side rendering, code splitting/lazy loading)
- Well-versed in source control with Git
- Able to implement creative and visually-appealing frontend designs
- Ability to translate designs, wireframes, and mockups into highly-composable code
- Collaborating and troubleshooting issues with our backend team and other company stakeholders
- Writing clean, readable code and tests
- Giving and receiving feedback while working with a team
- Strong English-language communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential
- Knowledge of React Native (for mobile app development)
- Experience writing E2E tests with Cypress
- Familiarity with AWS, bitbucket, and Heroku, Material-UI
Our three companies:
Selfhacked.com - With over 1.5 million visitors per month, SelfHacked is the best source of scientific information on supplements and health topics with integrity, no agenda or ideology. We strive for completeness and accuracy, and we work to make it accessible for everyone. The SelfHacked team includes 4 PhDs, 1 PharmD, 2 PhD students, 2 MS in biology, and a few biochemistry graduates.
SelfDecode.com - We analyze people's DNA (over 15,000 users so far) and symptoms and give them health recommendations based on their DNA that are simple and easy to understand using our custom-built algorithms.
LabTestAnalyzer.com - Provides high-quality, science-backed information and lifestyle, diet, and supplement recommendations based on lab test results.
We are very selective in our process because we look for a very long-term, full-time partnership with our employees.
We try to keep the process as short as possible so we don't waste anyone's time. We've designed our tests and procedures so that if someone doesn't score above a certain threshold for a given segment, they are booted from the application process early. Most people will not spend more than 10 min of their time on our process. People who do well keep progressing and ultimately get hired and love working for our company!
If this is the type of company you want to be a part of, apply now!
What are we looking for?
A talented Lead Front-End Developer to join our fast growing startup. The FED will be results driven with a strong ability to manage other FED’s delivering projects from inception through implementation whilst ensuring technical best practice, UI/UX feasibility and application optimization with maximum speed and scalability are met.
- Implement responsible web design principles to ensure that our app/website renders well across multiple devices.
- Collaborate with back-end developers and UX designers to improve usability
- Monitor website performance, watch for traffic drops related to site usability problems and rectify issues
- Develop code libraries that can be used for multiple projects
- Write functional requirement documents and guides
- Experience working on web applications based on Vue.js or React
- Interest in using Vue.js and its associated concepts to build a scalable web application
- Great working knowledge of Git
- A team-player, willing to help others through code review and pair programming
- Open minded and always willing to further your own learnings
- Quality oriented, a solid eye for detail, and good knowledge of data structures & algorithms
- Bonus skills : Experience with Hybrid/Native App development, NativeScript/React Native, Cloud Services (Firestore, AWS)
- Excellent communicator
- A genuine interest in learning about the property industry.
Why You Should Join Us?
- Work in an open and collaborative office with a great culture
- Career evolution with the flexibility to move in a direction that suits your strengths and interests
- Be an important part of building a revolutionary product in the real estate market
- Work with a passionate team of open minded developers
- We encourage developers to research new technologies and further their knowledge
BENEFITS- Great mentorship and company culture - Remote work - Challenging work and interesting projects - Healthcare benefits package - Fun office space in Wynwood (Miami - if you so choose)
Theorem is a software consultancy that believes in using simple tools to solve problems. We build custom systems for both startups and enterprises - You can see our portfolio for more information about our clients.
Our main offices are in Los Angeles and New York, but we work remotely with people from all around the world.
Our engineers have experience in a consultative environment, excellent communication skills and a desire to work with talented teams building innovative products. We work closely with our clients, sharing our experience to help them better define their products.
The ideal candidate has experience working with React and Redux and has a thorough understanding of the options and tools available for managing an application’s state and their underlying functional programming concepts.
Skills & Requirements:
Smart, gets things done.
Excellent communication skills.
Passionate about software development.
Experience working in a distributed company.
Open minded and always learning.
Experience with React and Redux.
5 + years of professional experience
Duties & Responsibilities:
Architect and build web applications.
Work with product designers and clients to clarify requirements.
Plan, estimate and prioritize work in a collaborative team.
You like to get the work done! You want to collaborate in a consultative environment and guide our clients in best practices in order to achieve great project success in addition to contributing to the growth of a great company. We want to know more about you!
Theorem (previously Citrusbyte) is an innovation and engineering company that advises clients on product strategy, engineering, design, and culture, then partners with them to build and launch technology-driven solutions to their most complex problems. Theorem is chosen by clients when results matter most — becoming the agent of change, and driving a transformation that involves not only technology, but also people, process and leadership. Founded in 2007, and headquartered in Los Angeles, Theorem's global team of engineers, designers, technologists, researchers, strategists, and advisors, has deep expertise across a broad variety of industries including consumer electronics, automotive, manufacturing, supply chain, healthcare, finance, and entertainment.
While we have offices in LA and New York, we work remotely with team members around the world
100% REMOTE - Work from your remote location if you are not called to travel to client site
TEAM RETREATS - We get together at an inspiring location to meet, work and play
HEALTHY BODY, HEALTHY MIND - HAPPY TEAM - We offer vacation and support healthy lifestyles through our physical fitness and continuing education benefits program.
What you will do?????? We are looking for a Front-end Developer (ideally ?? React) to join our product team. Responsibilities You'll be in charge of developing User Interfaces integrated into our product micro Front-end architecture. You'll be working in a fully Agile team to help creating attractive and effective user interfaces. Your missions will be: ?????? Create web applications (mostly ?? React) designed for the end user, helped by our ? Design System, and maintainable by your teammates. ? Improve existing interfaces with UX and performance in mind. ? Contribute to improving our design system by adding React components to share among all teams. ? Industrialize your developments so that they are integrated as soon as possible into our daily deliveries to production.
About the teamYou will be part of the Product team which consists of twenty people with Back-end developers, DevOps, QA Testers, UI/UX Designer, and Product Managers. You will work in a friendly and open minded work environment.
- Are self-disciplined and have a great work ethic
- Have good time management skills
- Communicate well
- Can work until at least 1pm EST M - F
- Like having a consistent daily work schedule
- Have at least three years of experience building SaaS interfaces
- Highly skilled with HTML / CSS
- Ruby on Rails
- Postgres or MySQL
- Unit tests (rspec, etc.)
- Background workers
- Writing design docs
- Working from design docs/specifications & wireframes
- React & Redux
- Service workers architecture
While this is a remote position, there are often meetings at 9 a.m. ET. Something to take into consideration. Mountain Time, Central Time, or Eastern Time preferred.
- Experience working and collaborating with teams
- Experience in Linux and command line a must
- Work with React
- Experience with Functional programming is highly desirable
- You know how to architect all components of a frontend project
- You have experience reading API documentation and working with different endpoints to compose the desired effect
- You know how to run projects through solid processes (things like code reviews, reviewing stories, planning)
- Picks up new technologies quickly and efficiently
- Uses Git effectively
- Know how to create tests and why it's important
- Knowledge of OOP and software design principles
- Driven, ambitious, and interested in tech
- Acumen. You must be able to think of and judge multiple solutions for a problem and be able to reason between them.
- You’re aware of how to build secure apps
- You know how to optimize frontend load times, debug rendering issues, and overall provide a smooth experience to the user.
- Knowledge of responsive frontends
- You know C#, Ruby, Python or Go. IMPORTANT. You don't have to be an expert in backend tech, but you'll need to understand how to integrate with the backend guys.
- You’ve practiced continuous integration
- You've tinkered with Docker
- Require JS/Webpack/Browserify is a bonus, too.
- You’re interested in startups
- Great mentorship and company culture
- Remote work
- Challenging work and interesting projects
- Healthcare benefits package
- Fun office space in Wynwood (Miami - if you so choose
Who are we?
We created f2pool — one of the largest crypto mining pools on the planet. We are a small team spread on three continents.
What are we doing now?
We expanding f2pool worldwide. Also, we are working on several promising projects in the blockchain space.
What is cool about working with us?
We have an awesome office in Bangkok, Thailand where we are organizing lots of community events and we are more than happy to cover your relocation cost to Thailand. Exceptional candidates can also work remotely, in which case we will sponsor you one trip to Thailand per year to work with the team in person.
What are we looking for?
- Top-notch front end software engineers, with a passion for blockchain.
- Good taste in Design and UX. An obsession with quality and the little things
- Extensive experience with HTML, CSS, preprocessors and related web technologies
- Fluent in frameworks and tools, such as React, Redux, MobX, webpack
- Ability to build in an un-opinionated framework-free vanilla JS environment
- Canvas API experience is very welcome
- Strong opinions, loosely held, on architectural and designs topics
- Comfortable with ambiguity, able to take charge and get things done despite the unknowns
- Ability to mentor junior members on the team
We are a small team with the goal of delivering delightful user experiences throughout our products. In order to achieve this, we work directly with industry professionals, as well as our internal product, customer & engineering teams.
There are many opportunities to make an impact. We are directly responsible for improving Reify Health’s storytelling and brand. This includes working on company websites, support documentation, and external communication materials.
Our Design Team thinks in systems and champions this principle. We strive for consistency and look to develop patterns for reuse when solving problems. We are responsible for building our product design language in order to accelerate workflows throughout the design and development cycles of our products.
We are not afraid of getting our hands in the code. Our Design Team regularly pairs up with members of the engineering team to build front-end features. We believe that by working together, we not only make our experiences better for our end-users, but also better ourselves through close collaboration and learning.
We’re eager to find the right person to join our team. Clinical research professional do important and complex work. When they turn to Reify Health for help, we want to ensure that they directly benefit from our product – design is an integral part of their success.
Company & Product websites
Help build and maintain our Design System
Design and build reusable components as static assets for prototyping as well as a front-end development framework
Documenting these components to encourage consistency and literacy of this design language for both product specs and development
Product Feature Design & Front-end Development
Design Desktop and Mobile experiences for our products
Prototype ideas using our design system
Develop spec with the Product Team and work closely with engineering to deliver product
QA (Quality Assurance) — Testing our products and working closely with product and engineering teams to ensure a high quality customer experience
UX Research — lead and attend customer interviews to better understand the problems we are trying to solve.
Work with Customer and Sales teams to understand our design needs
Work with Product Managers to determine scope of work
Follow-up with customers and share ideas to validate our designs before building
Follow-up with customers and see how they are using our products to better understand how we can make improvements
Design Team Scaling — work with Product Team and Head of Design to help build out a design culture that..
Values shipping high quality product
Values interdisciplinary collaboration
Values personal growth and mentorship
Your Skills and Qualifications
4+ years of design practice or learning
You are a product minded designer who wants to ship real value and not just pretty pictures
Interest in working in a startup environment and willingness to wear many hats
Ability to communicate ideas effectively and efficiently
You have some good experience with graphical tools like Photoshop, Sketch or Balsamiq Mockups (or other wire-framing tools)
You have experience working with HTML / SCSS / JS to prototype ideas or a strong interest in learning these tools to better collaborate with our Engineering team
Empathy — you can put yourself in other’s shoes and use your intuition to inform your design decisions
You bring people across disciplines into your design process and collaborate well with the team
You have strong sense of information hierarchy and priority when working with information
You are pragmatic. You can see a distant future with a large system and take practical steps towards realizing this vision
You have strong organizational and time management skills. You don’t disappear in your work to the point where you lose touch with your team.
Strong HTML / SCSS / JS chops with experience and passion for Design Systems
Strong Illustration or animation skills
Experience creating tutorials or "how-to" videos
Experience with static site generators like Middleman or Jekyll
Years of experience working in startup environments or SaaS product companies
Experience with Clojure, ClojureScript and/or React.js
Experience designing tools in the healthcare space
Experience with project management tools like Trello, Pivotal Tracker
Experience with Git / Version Control Systems and Github
You enjoy playing board games with your co-workers
Compensation and Perks
We invest in our team’s development and are a fast growing company. There are ample opportunities to grow your role and rapidly develop your career.
Competitive salary and stock option package -- commensurate to your experience and expertise.
Health (including telemedicine), dental, vision, disability and life insurance. We pay 100% of your premiums and half for dependents.
A public transportation monthly pass for Boston residents. We are a short 2-3-minute walk from South Station.
Tackle a challenging, real-world problem in healthcare that directly help our friends and family -- and make large-scale impact.
Reporting to the Manager of Engineering, the Front End Software Engineer is responsible for providing the user interface technology for our customers. This role will work with other UI/UX engineers, product, design teams, as well as back-end engineers to deliver a seamless and elegant user experience.
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with Cofense will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. Cofense reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
- Focus on development of an engaging user experience using modern and appropriate approaches to web development.
- Help establish, reinforce, and periodically evaluate coding standards and code quality.
- Engage in constant knowledge sharing with others on the team, across teams, across communities of practice, and across products.
- Help with planning efforts and assess technical feasibility of solutions and design proposals.
- As an effective communicator, work collaboratively and constructively with others in the team and broader organization.
- Coordinate with back-end platform and API teams to integrate with existing and future APIs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Education and/or Experience:
- Proficient in HTML and CSS with knowledge of web standards, advanced layouts, accessibility, and responsive design.
- Comfortable with build tools, template languages, and pre-processors.
- An understanding of HTTP and RESTful API design.
- Ability to maintain a test-centric approach to development to ensure code quality and ease of maintenance.
- Excellent understanding of browser security and performance.
- Comfortable at the command line and with utilizing Git commands.
- Passionate about user experience, building modern interfaces, and collaborating closely with Product Designers.
- Constant desire and eagerness to further develop your skillset.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in software engineering preferred.
- Experience with Vue.js preferred.
- Experience writing and maintaining clear, consistent documentation to support your code design.
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility and relevant shims, fallbacks, and polyfills.
Location: Remote, United States Only
- Competitive salary
- 401k plan with company match
- Health, vision, dental, disability, and life insurance
- Telecom bonus
We are looking for a thoughtful, detail-oriented developer to be the next member of our growing developer-owned, remote-friendly, people-first, hyphen-loving company.
The ideal candidate would have several years of experience working in open source web frameworks. They would also be eager to learn, grow, and foster healthy working relationships.
If you have experience building production web applications and are as passionate about helping customers as you are about working with new technologies, then we want to talk!
Skills & Requirements
Do you love to work directly with customers to solve business problems?
We believe great software is discovered by understanding the core problems our clients are facing – and that is best achieved through frequent and direct communication with the subject matter experts. We provide leadership to support and guide interactions, but we need you to be comfortable talking with clients, discussing problems, and proposing solutions, which may not always be more software.
Do you have experience writing production web applications?
We strive to support our team’s growth, learning, and taking on new roles at the edge of our comfort zones. At the same time, our clients expect us to bring a certain level of expertise. If you have never worked on a production web application, it is unlikely you will succeed here, even if you have other types of engineering experience.
Are you able to work remotely, within +/- 2 hours of US Eastern time zone?
We all mostly work from home. This requires the ability to self-direct and communicate well in writing. It also offers tremendous freedom and power, which comes with, uh, tremendous responsibility. We currently require our team to be within a 2hr time zone difference of Richmond, VA and physically based in the United States.
Being within easy driving distance of Richmond or Charlottesville is a huge plus!
Open source web development platforms (Rails, Django, Node.js)
Writing tests and using automated testing frameworks
Modern HTML/CSS (nothing crazy, we have a design team)
Mobile-first development, iOS/Android, React Native, etc.
WHAT WE OFFER
A Great Team – Our team of engineers and designers is the best part of working here. We only hire people who are fantastic teammates – competent and smart, sure, but also humble, positive, and generous.
Great Clients – We work with mostly small and medium clients, for whom our projects make a huge impact. We prioritize clients who are pleasant and good to work with, people who share our values of transparency and empathy.
Work From Home – We are a distributed company. Everyone works from home, though the leadership team all live in central Virginia.
Negligible Travel – In general, we don’t travel routinely for projects. If this is a specific concern, we’re happy to discuss.
Flexible Work Schedule – We require a certain amount of overlap with the rest of the team, but if you have a predictable schedule, we can probably support it, e.g., ending at 3:30 every day or being out every Friday morning.
Good Work Life Balance (really) – We ask our team to work 40 hours a week*. That’s all: a good, productive 40 hours. And then we try our best to leave you alone off the clock. We do this in part because that’s how we want to live but also because we want our team to be recharged and ready to do their best when working. *If you need to work fewer than 40 hours, that might be possible too; let’s talk.
Competitive Compensation – We offer highly competitive salary and benefits, including generous time off, 401k, FSA, medical and dental insurance.