The best remote jobs, hand-picked daily.Post a job for $299
We're looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join the engineering team at Zapier. Want to create a simple product that allows anyone to do complex, incredible things with the world's APIs? Then keep reading!
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Even though our job description may seem like we're looking for a specific candidate, the role inevitably ends up tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if:
You care deeply about improving frontend technology so our customers can have a great experience using our product.
You love great UX. You spend most of your time coding, but you also have an eye for great design and a feel for great UX. Maybe you were once a designer (or still are) or maybe your creative outlet has always been the code. Either way, you care about more than just the code.
You can balance lots of concerns. Frontend apps have to take into account performance (using networks and devices that we can't control), customer demands, A/B tests, UX research, code quality, a rapidly changing ecosystem of languages and modules, and the list goes on. And we actually want to ship things too! You can balance those demands without getting overwhelmed and keep the needle moving forward.
You love helping others. You love sharing knowledge with the rest of your team, building shared tooling for other engineers, giving back to the open-source community, and directly helping customers.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Research, guide, and execute frontend architecture changes, including but by no means limited to GraphQL, server-side React rendering, and Flow typing.
- Build reusable React components with modular CSS, manage data on the client with Redux and GraphQL, and test everything with Jest.
- Measure and resolve performance bottlenecks, using tools like Chrome DevTools, Lighthouse, WebPagetest, or custom tooling.
- Work closely with our product, design, and UX teams to create amazing and intuitive experiences that make it effortless to connect different apps together.
- Help put tools, processes, and documentation in place to improve our code quality.
- Review code written by other team members or other teams.
- Ship to hundreds of thousands of users every day while having lots of autonomy in terms of code and feature ownership.
- Work with complex and varied data structures (APIs can be a little, uh, eccentric).
- Help out with our Python backend or Node-based developer platform.
- Share what you know and learn either one-on-one or with lightning talks to the group.
- Give back to the community via open source and blog posts.
- Experiment: this is a startup so everything can change as we experiment with doing more custom partnership work
- As a part of Zapier's all-hands philosophy, help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible.
You’ll also have the opportunity to specialize in a variety of areas of the Zapier codebase, including core product or platform development. Focusing on a specialization will not limit your area for growth at Zapier as each engineer brings a unique perspective and can contribute differently in all areas. We encourage participation and will frequently have engineers contribute across teams to assist in projects.
For the past six years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: Planet Earth.
If you want to work remote, that's great. If you want to work near others, that's cool too. Our team of 100+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don't have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US-based employees.
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Doximitys Mobile TeamAt Doximity, we put mobile first. We have built and maintain a suite of fully-native iOS and Android apps that healthcare professionals use on a daily basis to increase productivity and provide better patient care.We have just released our brand new flagship iOS app! It was re-designed and re-architected from the ground up, with an entirely new code base written 100% in Swift. Click here to see more information about our stack.We have several interesting projects in the pipeline and are looking for a talented iOS Software Engineer to join our growing team of 10 mobile engineers. Doximity is based in San Francisco, CA, but remote applicants are welcomed!We value diversity in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds to help build the future of healthcare.How youll make an impact:
What were looking for:
- You'll collaborate with a team of product managers, designers, QA, and other developers to drive mobile projects from beginning to end
- You'll be included in decision-making and will weigh in on balancing factors like scope, complexity, and timing
- You'll architect your code in a way that encourages and allows for flexible, modular, and reusable code
- You'll encourage growth within the team by participating in mentorship, knowledge sharing, and thorough code reviews
- You'll help keep our apps robust by writing tests, monitoring, reporting, and troubleshooting bugs
Nice to have:
- You have 3+ years of professional experience developing software for the iOS platform
- You feel at home writing Swift code and are comfortable maintaining Objective-C code
- You have experience with Functional Reactive Programming using ReactiveCocoa, ReactiveSwift, RxSwift, or other FRP frameworks
- You have strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, memory management, concurrency
- You have a disciplined approach to development: you consistently write unit tests, document your code, and follow team processes
- You are well-versed in Auto Layout and can build complex layouts using UIKit
- Given a UI design, you can propose API endpoints and responses for the optimal mobile experience
- You put security first, with a deep understanding of mobile vulnerabilities and how to protect our apps against them
- You are a team player: you care about others projects as your own and take time to brainstorm and debug with teammates
- You are passionate about the iOS platform: you stay on top of the latest iOS updates and are excited to experiment with new technologies as they become available
- You are a problem solver and are on the lookout for ways to improve the code, the processes, and the team
- If remote, you can maintain a minimum of 5 hours overlap with 9:30 to 5:30 PM PST
- You can dedicate about 18 days per year for travel to company events
Benefits & Perks
- You have an understanding of various mobile architectural patterns (MV*, VIPER)
- You have used technologies such as ReSwift, Texture, GraphQL, and Apollo
- You are able to leverage Instruments to troubleshoot memory leaks and slowdowns in app performance
- You have used Cocoapods for dependency management in your own projects
- You have experience with Core Data, Realm, or other forms of persistent storage
- Unlimited Discretionary Time Off
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, vision, dental, Life/ADD, 401k, flex spending accounts, commuter benefits, equipment budget, and continuous education budget
- Pre-IPO stock incentives
- Work from home Wednesdays
- .. and much more! For a full list, see our career page
Reaction Commerce is the fastest-growing open source commerce management platform used by modern retailers and our vision is to connect the world through open commerce.
As our platform grows, so must our team. We’re currently looking for a Software Engineer with experience shipping production software to join us.We're a distributed, diverse, and growing team currently spread across four continents. While we have a small office in Santa Monica, CA, all of our positions are remote roles. Everyone is welcome to visit and work from our office, but it's not required. Although we are remote first, we appreciate quality time with our co-workers, so we meet in person once a year for our annual All Hands.About this Role:You'll remotely work with a team of engineers within our distributed engineering team to:* Build intuitive UIs for retailers and merchandisers* Define patterns for extending or augmenting storefront and operator UIs* Engineer methods for securing core and custom GraphQL APIs* Increase accessibility of all our applications* Improve tooling for building and shipping new UI components, storefronts, and operator tools* Improve performance, reduce page weight/cost, and decrease load times for our storefront and operator UIsAbout You:* You have developed and supported software systems in a production environment.* You see the value in reviewing and documenting code, pair programming and get excited about improving tools and processes.* You love being a mentor and compassionately teach patterns and best practices to engineers on your team.* You actively seek and appreciate the input of peers, designers, infrastructure engineers, and product owners.* You're comfortable working remotely and believe in the value of distributed teams.* You believe in building an inclusive community with and for your co-workers.About Our Stack:* React and Apollo GraphQL on the client* Node with some services in Clojure on the server* GraphQL API* MongoDB for most application data.* Apache Kafka for modeling both streams and tables.* Elasticsearch* Docker and Kubernetes on Amazon Web ServicesDo you want to know more about what our team is working on and how you might be able to help? You should apply!More about Reaction:We offer 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance, and up to 50% coverage for dependents. In addition, we offer a 401K, and U.S. employees benefit from 12 weeks of parental leave. We aim to offer the same benefits to everyone across the globe, but some of these may vary based on location and local laws. All remote employees are offered a budget for an ergonomic chair and standing desk at home.We discourage our team members from working unreasonable hours, beyond the typical 40 hours per week. And it's important that we take time off and recharge when necessary, that's why we have a minimum vacation policy that encourages us to take a minimum of 15 vacation days per year. We also value continuous improvement with a monthly learning stipend, so there are plenty of opportunities to learn new subjects or hone existing skills.We believe in good documentation and proactive communication. Inclusivity is a priority of everyone on our team. Read more about our team values and our operating principles in this blog post.
Join us if you want to work on the next generation web publishing platform. Work on our CMS, use powerful technology like GraphQL, node.js, and OpenResty on our robust AWS infrastructure. Monitor, build, and scale a node.js, MongoDB, and redis stack on a resilient AWS deployment all coordinated by Rancher, Terraform, and running on Docker. Architect and implement a performant web publishing platform for people of all backgrounds. We are working on some incredible products and we need your expertise to do it.