The best remote jobs, hand-picked daily.Post a job for $299
Core hours 2pm-5pm UK time. Applicants in North America and the EU (including UK) are preferred.
What We Do
Overleaf is a startup and social enterprise that builds modern collaborative authoring tools for scientists — like Google Docs for Science. We have over four million registered users from around the world. Our primary product is an online, real-time collaborative editor for papers, theses, technical reports and other documents written in the LaTeX markup language.
Who We Are
Overleaf was founded by two mathematicians who were inspired by their own experiences in academia to create a better solution for scientific collaboration and communication. Now we are a team of about forty with fifteen developers, based mainly in and around the UK and in the US. We were recognised as one of the UK's top 100 fastest growing businesses in 2018.
About a third of our development team joined us through our acquisition of ShareLaTeX, another major online LaTeX editor, in 2017, and we've now integrated the two teams.
Overleaf is based on open source software, and most of our product code is itself open source. You can find it on GitHub: https://github.com/sharelatex/sharelatex (note: most activity is in the repos linked from there).
We run a mainly Node.js back end using MongoDB, PostgreSQL and Redis. We use a microservices architecture, with about a dozen services. Most of our code is written in CoffeeScript, but we are in the process of decaffeinating to use ES6. On the front end, we mainly use Angular v1 and are incrementally migrating to React.
We're hosted mainly on Linode and managed with Chef but will be moving imminently to Google Kubernetes Engine. We use Docker to manage our development environments. We support continuous delivery and typically deploy at least a few times a day (less on Fridays).
How We Work
Overleaf is remote-first — all founders and staff work remotely. We also have an office by King's Cross station for those in the London area, and we get the whole team together in London several times a year for face-to-face time.
We encourage flexible working. Our core hours are 2pm–5pm UK time, during which our development teams have 10–15 minute daily standup calls. We have few standing meetings for developers, but we do many smaller video or voice calls for pairing or within teams.
We always collect user feedback to inform our work. We have UX professionals on our team, and we run many surveys and user interviews.
We organize our work with Kanban. We use GitHub pull requests for each feature with code review to share knowledge and best practices (and catch bugs). We test thoroughly with automated unit and acceptance tests, supported by continuous integration (CI). We're also fans of linting to minimise bike-shedding (and to catch bugs).
About This Role
We plan to add two developers to our team, one with a back end focus and one with a more full stack focus. Experience with some of Node.js, Kubernetes, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis, Angular and React are desirable. Ruby on Rails experience is also a plus, because we have one Rails service from before our integration with ShareLaTeX.
Key projects on our road map this year include:
- University Single Sign On — make it easier for users at our 60+ institutional customers to log in to Overleaf
- New releases of our on premise editions — anyone can install our open source Community Edition, and many labs and companies install our commercially supported Server Pro edition
- Improve our B2C conversion metrics and monitoring — a more data-heavy project focused on web analytics
Here are some examples of projects (large and small) we've recently completed:
In the longer term, we are planning projects around improved collaboration features for teams, improvements to our rich text mode, and more.
How We Hire
The stages in our hiring process are typically:
- We will aim to update you on the status of your application within 14 days from when we receive it.
- We'll follow up by email (or sometimes schedule a phone call) with any questions we have about your application, usually around logistics, your ambitions and your expectations about the role.
- We'll schedule a more in-depth interview, which is typically two hours long. The first hour is discussion, and the second hour is technical. For the technical, you'll have the option of either completing a homework assignment, which requires about one hour of your time before the interview, or solving a problem in the interview, if you prefer. The problems are practical in nature (no fizz-buzz or reversing linked lists), and you can use Google, man pages, etc., and ask us questions.
- We'll make an offer. We usually interview in batches, so there may be a short delay while we interview other candidates, but we will try to keep you informed throughout the process.
If you have a deadline, please let us know in your application, and we will try to be accommodating.
We require that you:
- have a minimum of 2–3 years of relevant experience (we aren't taking on more new graduates at the moment).
- will work for us full time (or nearly full time).
- will usually be available in our core hours, 2pm–5pm UK time.
Experience with the technologies we use is always a plus, but you don't need to know them all; your ability to learn is much more important to us.
- Remote and flexible working.
- Salary £40k–£75k per year depending on experience.
- You would join a small, dedicated and growing team.
- We're substantially (around 80%) open source, so your work will often be on open source code.
- We're backed by Bethnal Green Ventures (https://bethnalgreenventures.com/) and Digital Science (https://www.digital-science.com/), through which we're part of a wider community of startups in science, health and ed-tech.
- Our London office is shared with several other Digital Science companies, so there's lots of interesting people to meet, and clubs and sports activities outside of work.
- We get everyone together in London for team meetings several times a year for valuable face-to-face time.
- You can pick your own equipment. MacBook Pro? Lenovo ThinkPad? Notebook and pen? However you like to work, we'll provide what you need.
- We provide a training budget; many of our developers choose to attend relevant industry conferences or buy training materials.
- We run a biweekly internal seminar series (show and tell) with short talks from staff about their work or personal projects, new technologies and techniques.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
It's 2019 isn't it time to find a job that lets you work where you want?Who Is Follow Up Boss?
Why Would You Want To Work Here?
- Were a simple, sales-focused CRM for real estate teams (and we use our own product)
- Were a self funded, profitable company started back in April of 2011
- Were a remote company with a mostly US-based team
- We dont just claim to be customer-centric - we live it: https://www.facebook.com/followupboss/reviews
- Check out our video on how we work: https://www.followupboss.com/about/
This Role Is For You If
- Were a young, ambitious company who only answers to our customers
- Opportunity to have a big impact on our growth and your career
- No red tape or pointless meetings
- Competitive salary, health/dental insurance and 20 days paid holiday, $1000 to outfit your home office, yearly company meetup
- You would describe yourself as patient, empathetic and having a good sense of humour
- Youre independent, self-motivated and can stay efficient and productive without someone looking over your shoulder all day long
- Superb written and verbal skills (with a professional yet fun demeanor).
Your responsibilities will include:
- Self motivated and proactive mindset.
- Remote work experience is considered an asset.
- Based in the USA, quiet home office with fast internet.
- Has lead operations team successfully in the past.
- Strong experience with configuration and infrastructure automation using tools like Docker, Chef, Kubernetes, Helm, and Terraform
- Well versed in using and managing various Amazon Web Services offerings. We use services such as ECR, EKS, RDS, EC2, Route 53, S3, ElastiCache and more.
- Continue to establish Infrastructure as Code culture and practices (we've newly started these initiatives).
- Strong experience with monitoring and alerting systems (we use Datadog, StatsD, PagerDuty, Pingdom)
- Strong knowledge of scripting languages (Bash, PHP, Python)
- Strong knowledge of relational databases (we use Aurora MySQL and PostgreSQL)
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD environments
- Strong knowledge of UNIX and networking.
- Proven track record of being security conscious.
- Has the ability to cross into the application development side as necessary.
30 Day Targets:
- Once familiar, take ownership and responsibility for the infrastructure, reliability, scalability and performance of our applications and services.
- Accept and learn about the current state of our infrastructure to best identify how to improve it.
- Help build and lead an Ops team.
- Determine top infrastructure priorities.
- Actively measures and monitors systems.
- Actively troubleshoots issues with the infrastructure and services.
- Press us forward with more automation and tooling to support our customer growth and engineering team effectiveness.
- Mentor other team members.
60 Day Targets:
- Become familiar with the infrastructure, on-call team, product architecture and existing tools
- Pair with engineers to gain knowledge about the system and how we work
- Improve the new hire onboarding process, by being a part of it
- Assist with internal security related work (e.g. company VPN, tweaking AWS IAM roles, etc)
90 Day Targets:
- Join on-call team.
- Determine key metrics not measured, setup monitoring and alerting for them
- Take over the responsibility of applying (and automating) security updates to our servers
- Assist in API rate limiting project.
Our Core Engineering Values
- Identify top infrastructure problems, develop a plan to address them
- Assist in hiring additional engineers for Ops team.
- Lead the on-call team.
If this sounds like a great fit we would love to hear from you.We're not accepting applications from agencies.
- Code Quality
- Focus and Prioritization
- Customer Driven
- Leadership Qualities
You are the voice of the customer inside Giant Swarm and the voice of Giant Swarm towards the customers, helping both sides to be successful.
- You work closely with customers to understand their architecture and further their understanding of Giant Swarm, helping them to get the most out of our product and the CNCF landscape, master Cloud Native tools like Kubernetes, Prometheus as well as Loki, Helm and others.
- Our solution architects are becoming part of diverse open source communities around tools that our customers need and use, contributing back to those projects where possible. You build and maintain helm charts that might start out as a special project for one customer and end up being a managed service run by all our customers.
- You hold trainings and workshops at conferences, for our existing customers, as well as with Giant Swarms potential customers. . Do note that the role requires minimum travel as most of our interactions as a fully remote company are via video conferencing.
- Learn from customer's problems with moving to microservices architectures, get your hands dirty and find out what Cloud Native project's entrails look like. The more successful our customers are with the Cloud Native journey, the more successful we are.
- Ultimately, you are also responsible for documentation, helping the product teams implement fixes, prioritizing features and making sure we only need to answer questions once.
- First impressions are important! You help create a great onboarding experience for our customers and become the main point of contact for them.
- To sum it up: Customer Success is all that matters. Within the solution engineering team, we make sure our customers are happy and taking the right steps going forward, at best you anticipate the problems they might face in the future.
- You have experience with more than one programming language, including Go, and a strong architectural background.
- You feel at home in the Kubernetes world, especially the multitude of Open Source tools around Kubernetes and the Container World.
- You can explain complicated things concisely and easily for a diverse audience.
- You have a strong sense in providing an awesome customer service that makes life easier for Developers. Your communication skills (especially written form) are excellent. Very good English skills are a must-have. German skills are a bonus.
- You are open to attend conferences with our team and hold talks in front of customers. You are happy to travel 5-10% per year
- We (and our customers) are currently mostly distributed around Europe (around UTC), thus, your main timezone should be somewhere between -2UTC to +2UTC to ensure better communication.
Why we think this position is worth applying for (challenge us!)
- Impact, Impact, Impact! We are a growing team (from 15+ European countries) and every new team member changes the team. This is great! People who know things we dont are highly welcome.
- It's better to ask forgiveness than permission (Paolini) - sure, its not 100% like this, but we have a strong culture of failure which is part of our agile mindset. We dont do things like in the guidebook. Hell, our customers choose us because we are building how the guidebook should look in this day and age. You can try things out.
- We play a key role in our customer's digital transformation. We have partnered up with Amazon Web Services and Microsoft to provide our solution on their cloud platforms - more will follow.
- We serve some of Europe's leading organizations and are talking to many more.
What is it like to work at Giant Swarm?We would like to give you a glimpse on how working with Giant Swarm(we are a fully remote team) is like:
Self-organizationCreative work needs freedom and openness. We encourage you to do your work wherever (some of us travel almost half the year and work from remote islands) and whenever you want (keeping in mind that there are some meetings we would like you to attend). We expect passion and encourage sustainability. If you need rest, take it. If you take up a task, own it. If you see a problem, solve it.
TeamworkWe are a growing company with team members distributed all over Europe and plans on expanding to the US. Our ambitious goals are only achievable as a team. Everybodys input is highly welcome and appreciated. Although sometimes rules and processes are necessary, we try to keep them as lean as possible. Always question the status quo and find new ways of collaboration and team work.
LearningLearning is mandatory and fun at the same time. If you realize you want to expand your knowledge in a specific area, we support you with conferences, books etc.
BasicsWe offer fair (transparent and open) salaries with benefits like choosing your own laptop, your choice to work at home or in a coworking space, flexible hours, minimal meetings, transparent communication, etc.. And you will participate in our stock options program. Currently our team members have more children than we are employees. So family friendliness is a must. We don't hire job descriptions. We hire humans. :) We welcome applications from everybody, regardless ethnic or national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation or age.
At Numbrs, our engineers don’t just develop things – we have an impact. We change the way how people are managing their finances by building the best products and services for our users.
Numbrs engineers are innovators, problem-solvers, and hard-workers who are building solutions in big data, mobile technology and much more. We look for professional, highly skilled engineers who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced, value-driven environment.
Join our dedicated technology team that builds massively scalable systems, designs low latency architecture solutions and leverages machine learning technology to turn financial data into action. Want to push the limit of personal finance management? Join Numbrs.
You will be a part of a team that is responsible for developing, releasing, monitoring and troubleshooting large scale micro-service based distributed systems with high transaction volume. You enjoy learning new things and are passionate about developing new features, maintaining existing code, fixing bugs, and contributing to overall system design. You are a great teammate who thrives in a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities.
All candidates will have
- a Bachelor's or higher degree in technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- hands-on experience with highly concurrent production grade systems
- experience with micro-service based architecture
- strong hands-on experience with Golang (minimum 4 years)
- knowledge of AWS, Kubernetes, and Docker
- excellent troubleshooting and creative problem-solving abilities
- excellent written and oral communication in English and interpersonal skills
Ideally, candidates will also have
- experience with professional software engineering best practices, coding standards, code reviews, testing and operations
- experience with CI/CD toolchain products like Jira, Stash, Git, and CircleCI
Hundreds of thousands of businesses have bet their success on the reliability and performance of the Shopify platform. Uptime, resiliency and efficiency are critical to these businesses and as a result of Shopify’s rapid growth and massive scale, we have many interesting and challenging infrastructure problems to solve.
At the heart of this platform are Shopify’s core database systems. These systems, where we store all merchant and customer data, are built around the MySQL ecosystem of open source tools. Over the past several years, we have been hard at work scaling and improving our database infrastructure, handling almost two million queries per second at peak. Now, we want to take it to the next level and we need your help to get us there!
Responsibilities as a Database Engineer:
As a member of Shopify’s Production Engineering organization and the Datastores team, you’ll be directly responsible for the scalability, availability, and integrity of the Shopify database infrastructure.
As a Database Engineer, your day to day activities will include working closely with the support and development teams, some traditional database administration (DBA) work and some modern systems administration work (managing cloud infrastructure). As we continue to grow and scale, we need to achieve as much as possible through automation and hands-off management. We need your help, your experience, and your crazy ideas to design, build, and deploy the next generation of database management infrastructure to expand on what we have built to keep it truly world-class.
We are currently running a cloud based state-of-the-art stack on Google’s Compute Engine and Container Engine. Our next challenges involve moving all our systems, including MySQL itself, as containerized services running under Kubernetes.
All members of Production Engineering, including leads, also participate in an on-call rotation.
You’ll need to:
Have experience with the administration, operation, and performance tuning of MySQL, ideally in a Linux environment.
Maintain an understanding of modern solutions to deploy services at scale.
Be proficient in at least one programming language, and have the ability to read, write and understand scripts in languages such as Ruby, Python, or Go.
Have an insatiable appetite to grow and learn how to manage systems at scale. It would be great if you:
Understand modern high availability (HA) designs for MySQL, and have used MySQL HA-management solutions, such as Orchestrator.
Have experience with MySQL proxies, such as ProxySQL.
Understand containerization and deployment on Linux using technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
Are up-to-speed and comfortable with cloud infrastructure, designs, and tools for Google Cloud and/or Amazon Web Services.
Have some familiarity with existing cloud-managed “Database as a Service” solutions, such as Google’s Cloud SQL or Amazon’s RDS/Aurora.
Are competent using git for version control and especially using GitHub for pull requests, reviews, and issue management.
Are familiar with the ecosystem of Open Source software used in production web environments, such as Rails, Redis and memcached.
Some things you’ll be working on in your first few months:
Learn about Shopify’s MySQL-based database infrastructure and get comfortable working safely and efficiently in it.
Work on the projects that will allow us to offer to our internal customers a standardized “Database as a Service” platform which would cover absolutely all their needs, including HA, data integrity, schema migrations and changes, security, monitoring and alerts.
Test (and try to break) our high availability systems in interesting new ways, and work out the kinks found in the process.
Respond to internal support requests from other teams to help ensure their success in developing their own applications or supporting their customers.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application. Please take some time to tell us why you’d be an awesome addition to our team and how this role would be a fit for you!
Reaction Commerce is the fastest-growing open source commerce management platform used by modern retailers and our vision is to connect the world through open commerce.
As our platform grows, so must our team. We’re currently looking for a Software Engineer with experience shipping production software to join us.We're a distributed, diverse, and growing team currently spread across four continents. While we have a small office in Santa Monica, CA, all of our positions are remote roles. Everyone is welcome to visit and work from our office, but it's not required. Although we are remote first, we appreciate quality time with our co-workers, so we meet in person once a year for our annual All Hands.About this Role:You'll remotely work with a team of engineers within our distributed engineering team to:* Build intuitive UIs for retailers and merchandisers* Define patterns for extending or augmenting storefront and operator UIs* Engineer methods for securing core and custom GraphQL APIs* Increase accessibility of all our applications* Improve tooling for building and shipping new UI components, storefronts, and operator tools* Improve performance, reduce page weight/cost, and decrease load times for our storefront and operator UIsAbout You:* You have developed and supported software systems in a production environment.* You see the value in reviewing and documenting code, pair programming and get excited about improving tools and processes.* You love being a mentor and compassionately teach patterns and best practices to engineers on your team.* You actively seek and appreciate the input of peers, designers, infrastructure engineers, and product owners.* You're comfortable working remotely and believe in the value of distributed teams.* You believe in building an inclusive community with and for your co-workers.About Our Stack:* React and Apollo GraphQL on the client* Node with some services in Clojure on the server* GraphQL API* MongoDB for most application data.* Apache Kafka for modeling both streams and tables.* Elasticsearch* Docker and Kubernetes on Amazon Web ServicesDo you want to know more about what our team is working on and how you might be able to help? You should apply!More about Reaction:We offer 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance, and up to 50% coverage for dependents. In addition, we offer a 401K, and U.S. employees benefit from 12 weeks of parental leave. We aim to offer the same benefits to everyone across the globe, but some of these may vary based on location and local laws. All remote employees are offered a budget for an ergonomic chair and standing desk at home.We discourage our team members from working unreasonable hours, beyond the typical 40 hours per week. And it's important that we take time off and recharge when necessary, that's why we have a minimum vacation policy that encourages us to take a minimum of 15 vacation days per year. We also value continuous improvement with a monthly learning stipend, so there are plenty of opportunities to learn new subjects or hone existing skills.We believe in good documentation and proactive communication. Inclusivity is a priority of everyone on our team. Read more about our team values and our operating principles in this blog post.
Join us if you want to work on the next generation web publishing platform. Work on our CMS, use powerful technology like GraphQL, node.js, and OpenResty on our robust AWS infrastructure. Monitor, build, and scale a node.js, MongoDB, and redis stack on a resilient AWS deployment all coordinated by Rancher, Terraform, and running on Docker. Architect and implement a performant web publishing platform for people of all backgrounds. We are working on some incredible products and we need your expertise to do it.
Chili Piper is seeking talented, motivated engineers to join our fully remote team building interactive data applications. As a part of growing front-end team, you will work with designers to constantly improving our users’ experience. You will also collaborate with others throughout our organization and technology stack to build products that are revolutionizing the way our clients achieve their business goals.
On the front-end team, we feel strongly about developing solutions that are both technically and aesthetically sound. We invite you to bring your experience and perspective to conversations about the future growth of our applications and environment. We work closely together, with a healthy and non-combative review process aimed at improving code as well as developing each other’s skills. In short, we strive to write solid, thoroughly tested, and readable code; and we are seeking a new contributor to our already highly effective team.
● Participate in technical planning & requirements gathering phases including Design, code, test, troubleshoot, and document engineering software applications.
● Ensuring that technical software development process is followed on the project, familiar with industry best practices for software development.
● Develop applications in languages including React JS
● Demonstrate the ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience level.
● Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
● Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles (2+ years of work experience with React)
● Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
● Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
● Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
● Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
● Familiarity with RESTful APIs
● Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
● Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
● Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
● Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
● A knack for benchmarking and optimization
To apply, send your resume/CV to Santiago Arias - [email protected]
Auth0, a global leader in Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS), provides thousands of enterprise customers with a Universal Identity Platform for their web, mobile, IoT, and internal applications. Its extensible platform seamlessly authenticates and secures more than 1.5B logins per month, making it loved by developers and trusted by global enterprises. Auth0 has raised more than $110 million to date and continues its global growth at a rapid pace. We are consistently recognized as a great place to work based our outstanding leadership and dedication to company culture, and are looking for the best people to join our incredible team spread across more than 35 countries!We are looking for expert engineers who are passionate about distributed systems, availability, and delivering customer value. Platform Software Engineers will create and maintain backend services and APIs for Auth0s platform.
You would be a good fit for this role if you have:
- 7+ years software development experience
- Demonstrable expertise in building and maintaining distributed platform applications
- Proficiency in Golang, Python, or Java
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior engineers
- Deep understanding of microservice architecture and best practices
- Experience designing fault tolerant systems
Also useful if you have:
Ideal working times UTC 22:00 PM - UTC 06:00 AM
- Experience with full-stack ownership (i.e. on-call)
- Working knowledge of containerization and Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of at least one database system such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, or MongoDB
- Demonstrable knowledge of software observability (e.g. APM, Tracing)
FineTune is seeking a senior QA for our AP and Pre-AP software product. We are a fully distributed and international team though 1/3 of us are in Boston Metro area. S/he will have the opportunity to work on mission critical software that will impact 3-5 million students in 2019. If you are well versed in various
- selenium based testing
- load testing (Python Locust)
- smoke testing
- test driven development
- and have worked in QA'ing at least 3 production released software
you are welcome to apply. S/he will be working with our development team, product owners, designers and increase the quality of the software so that we may serve 3 million+ users in 2019.
- Proven experience in understanding complex user needs with multiple stakeholders
- 5+ years of QA experience
- 3+ years experience with API testing, UI testing, end to end testing.
- 3+ years experience QA’ing high-availability enterprise software a plus
- 5+ years experience with Databases (SQL or noSQL)
- Experience with Selenium
- Experience with Locust for load testing
- Experience with apache bench
- Java based automation
- Python based automation
- Strong Agile Experience
- Experience with continuous integration and test driven development
- Ability to dive deep into technical issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in debugging performance issues in docker, kubernetes and AWS ECS containers
- Experience with collaborating in github a plus
- Desire to continuously, learn, improve and apply new technologies that will increase operational efficiency and effectiveness
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent a plus
As we prepare for rapid business growth from here, FineTune Learning is seeking to hire a Senior QA Automation Engineer who have worked in at least 3 production released software/web/mobile products. We are looking for people who have strong motivation to grow startup companies, who is agile and continuously improving themselves while having an opinion for great software components and services with great attention to detail in delivering reliable software that is well tested according to user expectations.
As a DevOps Engineer, you are embedded within an engineering team and have one foot in operations, the other in development. You care deeply about uptime, reliability and automation. You help your colleagues make product changes quickly and all of us deliver value to our clients faster. You do things like help get new services into production, ensure effective monitoring and alerting and help us grow our infrastructure platform to accommodate the demands of a growing client base, and so forth.
You will fit in well with us, if you:
- Reside in North or South America. Yes, we are a distributed company, but since we are still small, we like to minimize the time zone spread within the team.
- Are an excellent communicator. In our small team, English is the official language. You need to be able to articulate complex ideas efficiently and effectively. When people do not share an office, it is essential to pay extra attention to communication.
- Have a solid technical background. You should have at least 5 years of professional experience and be able to point to a track record of caring about production systems with significant usage.
- Feel at home with Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Linux and shell scripting. You have been working in current cloud-based environments (such as AWS or GCP), but you don’t feel tied to one platform and generally appreciate picking the “right tool for the job.”
- Like to learn and strive to do so often. As a company we improve to the extent that our team does. It starts with each individual. Humility and an open mind help a lot.
- Ideally know what it is like to work in distributed development teams, or better yet, thrive in them. It probably means you already know you don’t need a structured office environment with a manager who checks in on you once a day. Likewise, you know that you will do best from your home office.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and the communities we serve.
Principals only please.
- Reside in North or South America. Yes, we are a distributed company, but since we are still small, we like to minimize the time zone spread within the team.
Our goal at Nash is to make trading, holding, and interacting with cryptocurrencies accessible to everyone. We are looking for DevOps engineers (remote) to assist with the deployment of our exchange matching engine, settlement layer, and APIs. You should be well versed in best practices for deploying, monitoring, and updating highly secure systems.
> Build infrastructure for the secure deployment and monitoring of our exchange services.
> Document your work thoroughly so that others can work with and build upon it.
> Engage in test-driven development practices.
> Work asynchronously with a fully remote team.
We are looking for
> 4+ years in a prior DevOps role.
> Experience managing cloud provider services (e.g., AWS GCP) using Terraform.
> Experience deploying highly secure systems (such as financial software).
> Experience managing cloud provider services (e.g., AWS GCP).
> Extensive knowledge of Kubernetes, microservice deployments, and CI/CD (Gitlab)
> Experience with managing distributed systems in Elixir.
We prefer but don't require
> 1+ years experience working with Elixir.
> Experience working in remote teams.
> A history of contributing to open source software.
> Experience working with OTP, Ecto, and Plug.
> Familiarity with Elixir typespecs.
PixelMe is hiring its next engineer. We are searching for a remote first compliant full-stack software developer. The engineering team is currently composed of 2 full-stack senior experienced developers (including the CTO). We also have a junior growth engineer ?who is a full-stack developer as well.
Requirements?3+ years exp ?Autonomous ?Team spirit ?Benevolent and humble ?Experience in maintaining production systems
PixelMe current stackAny experience in this technologies is a plus, but as an experienced developer, we are convinced that you can learn any new stack, so its not mandatory. ??Golang ??ReactJS ??Kubernetes on GKE ??MongoDB ??Elastic Search ??Kafka Anything you need in order to solve our issues :-)
CloudBees CodeShip is a SaaS CI/CD tool focused on making automating the testing and delivery of software fast, flexible and simple. We offer CodeShip as part of the wider CloudBees product suite, which as a whole is focused on building an end to end software delivery solution. CloudBees’ other CI/CD offerings are more focused on Enterprise CI/CD, while CodeShip offers smaller customers a world-class CI/CD experience and offers larger customers an integrated SaaS option within our product portfolio.
The CodeShip team sits at a unique spot within the CloudBees organization, operating at a higher-velocity SaaS model for smaller and growing companies while also building integrations into other products to provide Enterprises a simpler, no-overhead option for the projects where that makes sense.
Our business is booming and we’re seeking a talented individual with a drive to succeed in a fast paced and dynamic environment to join the Continuous Delivery product management team. Reporting to a Sr. Director of Product Management, you will be tasked with working with Design, Engineering and with our customers to help define and manage new feature development, growth-oriented projects and internal integration work.
Your responsibilities will be end to end, from problem discovery and user story refinement all the way through to delivering optimal solutions to those problems. You’ll also work directly with sales, marketing and customer success, communicating the what and why of new product deliverables.
We’re looking for someone who can solve problems creatively and collaboratively, and work effectively in a highly distributed team environment across business and technical domains. At CloudBees it’s in our culture to learn, adapt and improve, so you’ll be someone who isn’t afraid to try new things.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Analyze and identify market problems
- Identify growth and marketing opportunities through feature development and product design
- Engage with customers and sales prospects to understand needs and opportunities
- Work collaboratively with other software Product Managers and coordinate on dependencies
- Be hands-on with the technology and capable of demoing and discussing the product at a technical level
- Work closely with engineering to establish deliverables and schedules that align with sales and marketing goals
- Work closely with marketing to drive pipeline and provide supporting content and messaging
- Work closely with sales to support sales activity, including developing technical collateral and demos
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications and participating in professional societies.
- Be an expert in competing product offerings and the surrounding marketplace across the product delivery lifecycle
- Develop messaging and positioning that explain technical and business value in simple, understandable terms
- Brief sales and solutions architects on roadmap and product deliverables
- Analyze and breakdown complex business problems into discrete user stories
- Prioritizing issues ensuring product backlogs are regularly reviewed
WHAT THE ROLE REQUIRES
- 2+ years working experience as a practitioner of CD who are facing customers such as Pre Sales engineers or Shared Engineering Services Managers
- 3+ years working experience in a software development organization
- 2+ years working on SaaS products aimed at developers or a technical audience
- Excellent background in software development lifecycle
- Strong understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery solutions
- Ability to demonstrate sound product management skills (analytical, business judgement, communication and product discipline) in addition to technical awareness.
- Practical experience with CI and CD tools (Jenkins, Codeship, Gitlab, CircleCI, GoCD, ConcourseCI, etc)
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional teamwork across a very distributed organization worldwide
- Experience with Design Thinking approaches
- Experience with growth-oriented PM or marketing initiatives
- Knowledge of containerization and orchestration technology (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Mesos) desirable
- Solid understanding of testing methodologies at multiple levels of abstraction