The best remote jobs, hand-picked daily.Post a job for $299
TX Group Inc. is seeking motivated Artificial Intelligence Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers and Data Scientists to join our team. MTX Group Inc. (MTX) is a technology services company based out of Albany, NY. MTX specializes in the Salesforce platform, Mobile Apps, Web Apps, User Experience and User Interface Design. We are a growing team of passionate individuals and in our fast-paced environment, you will collaborate with a driven team on a daily basis. In collaboration with our team, this position will provide opportunities to develop state-of-the-art AI/ML products in production grade systems and work on bleeding-edge technologies. This is a great opportunity for practitioners to enhance their career in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Data Science industry.
- Research state-of-the-art algorithms in machine learning, particularly deep learning, to identify viable approaches to significant unsolved challenges for the Maverick AI platform
- Identify AI/ML solutions for video analytics, image analytics, audio analytics and big data analytics across but not limited to industry verticals like medicine, healthcare, disaster management and finserv
- Design solution prototypes and POC that connect data sources through the selected algorithms to a concrete use case
- Implement the algorithms, and test their efficacy and efficiency against real-world data, experimentation to improve accuracy
- Create robust applications hosted on cloud services ensuring availability and security for the end users. Testing the application for edge cases and creating a good user experience
- Deploy the solution in a production environment, with strong CI/CD pipeline to continuously update the solutions in place
- Create custom data sciences solutions for specific project, in collaboration with the relevant MTX team and client
- Mentor and guide junior data scientists and ensure a continuous learning environment in and across teams
- 2 to 8 years of experience in Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning/Data Science
- Proficiency in the underlying mathematics of deep learning, particularly linear algebra and multivariate calculus
- Knowledge of data structures, data management, data transformations, model selection, training and tuning of models and accessing the performance of models
- Good understanding of industry standard platforms for AI/ML: Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras, Theano, Caffee, etc.
- Ability to use cloud services like AWS/GCP for model development and deployment
- Ability to communicate technical topics effectively to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Ability to read, understand, and apply technical papers and articles in research journals
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively with a project team in a research environment with a proactive and curious problem-solving approach
What we offer:
- Amazing culture
- Failure is ok because we embrace it
- Access to the leadership team
- The chance to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Modern offices across all regions that promotes family concept
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Monthly All Hands meeting - ask me anything style discussions with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, game nights and more lead by our FUN ministers across all regional offices
We're looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join the engineering team at Zapier. Want to create a simple product that allows anyone to do complex, incredible things with the world's APIs? Then keep reading!
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Even though our job description may seem like we're looking for a specific candidate, the role inevitably ends up tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if:
You care deeply about improving frontend technology so our customers can have a great experience using our product.
You love great UX. You spend most of your time coding, but you also have an eye for great design and a feel for great UX. Maybe you were once a designer (or still are) or maybe your creative outlet has always been the code. Either way, you care about more than just the code.
You can balance lots of concerns. Frontend apps have to take into account performance (using networks and devices that we can't control), customer demands, A/B tests, UX research, code quality, a rapidly changing ecosystem of languages and modules, and the list goes on. And we actually want to ship things too! You can balance those demands without getting overwhelmed and keep the needle moving forward.
You love helping others. You love sharing knowledge with the rest of your team, building shared tooling for other engineers, giving back to the open-source community, and directly helping customers.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Research, guide, and execute frontend architecture changes, including but by no means limited to GraphQL, server-side React rendering, and Flow typing.
- Build reusable React components with modular CSS, manage data on the client with Redux and GraphQL, and test everything with Jest.
- Measure and resolve performance bottlenecks, using tools like Chrome DevTools, Lighthouse, WebPagetest, or custom tooling.
- Work closely with our product, design, and UX teams to create amazing and intuitive experiences that make it effortless to connect different apps together.
- Help put tools, processes, and documentation in place to improve our code quality.
- Review code written by other team members or other teams.
- Ship to hundreds of thousands of users every day while having lots of autonomy in terms of code and feature ownership.
- Work with complex and varied data structures (APIs can be a little, uh, eccentric).
- Help out with our Python backend or Node-based developer platform.
- Share what you know and learn either one-on-one or with lightning talks to the group.
- Give back to the community via open source and blog posts.
- Experiment: this is a startup so everything can change as we experiment with doing more custom partnership work
- As a part of Zapier's all-hands philosophy, help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible.
You’ll also have the opportunity to specialize in a variety of areas of the Zapier codebase, including core product or platform development. Focusing on a specialization will not limit your area for growth at Zapier as each engineer brings a unique perspective and can contribute differently in all areas. We encourage participation and will frequently have engineers contribute across teams to assist in projects.
For the past six years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: Planet Earth.
If you want to work remote, that's great. If you want to work near others, that's cool too. Our team of 100+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don't have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US-based employees.
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
At Close, we're building the sales communication platform of the future. With our roots as the very first sales CRM to include built-in calling, we're leading the industry toward eliminating manual processes and helping companies to close more deals (faster). Since our founding in 2013, we've grown to become a profitable, 100% globally distributed team of ~33 high-performing, happy people that are dedicated to building a product our customers love.
We ❤️open source – using dozens of open source projects with contributions to many of them, and released some of our own like ciso8601, LimitLion, SocketShark, TaskTiger, and more at https://github.com/closeio
We're looking for an experienced full-time Software Engineer to join our engineering team. Someone who has a solid understanding of web technologies and wants to help design, implement, launch, and scale major systems and user-facing features.
You should have senior level experience (~5 years) building modern back-end systems, with at least 3 years of that experience using Python.
You also have around five years experience using MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, or similar data stores. You have significant experience designing, scaling, debugging, and optimizing systems to make them fast and reliable. You have experience participating in code reviews and providing overall code quality suggestions to help maintain the structure and quality of the codebase.
You’re comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a small and talented team where you're supported in your efforts to grow professionally. You are able to manage your time well, communicate effectively and collaborate in a fully distributed team.
You are located in an American or European time zone.
Bonus point if you have...
- Contributed open source code related to our tech stack
- Led small project teams building and launching features
- Built B2B SaaS products
- Experience with sales or sales tools
Come help us with projects like...
- Conceiving, designing, building, and launching new user-facing features
- Improving the performance and scalability our API. Help expand our GraphQL implementation.
- Improving how we sync millions of sales emails each month
- Working with Twilio's API, WebSockets, and WebRTC to improve our calling features
- Building user-facing analytics features that provide actionable insights based on sales activity data
- Improving our Elasticsearch-backed powerful search features
- Improving our internal messaging infrastructure using streaming technologies like Kafka and Redis
- Building new and enhancing existing integrations with other SaaS platforms like Google’s G Suite, Zapier, and Web Conferencing providers
Why work with us?
- 100% Remote (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- 2 x Annual Team Retreats ✈️ (Lisbon Retreat Video)
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental with HSA option - 99% premiums paid (US residents)
- 5 Weeks PTO + 6 Government Holidays + Dec 24 - Jan 1 Company Holiday
- Parental Leave (10 wks primary caregiver / 4 wks secondary caregiver)
- 401k matching at 4% (US residents)
- Our story and team🚀
- Glassdoor Reviews
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practicing a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Work/Life harmony is an important part of our organization - we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 12 countries and 14 states; a collection of talented humans rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and cultures. Twice a year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another. We see these retreats as an opportunity to strengthen the social fiber of our community.
This team is growing in more ways than one - we’ve recently launched 8 babies (and counting!). Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our organization. At Close, we have a high care factor for one another, in making an awesome product and championing the success of our customers.
Interested in Close but don't think this role is the best fit for you? View our other positions.
heorem is a team of experts who set sound principles and best practices into action. Our team solves complex problems and builds amazing things for some of the largest global household names. We work with team members around the world and have offices in LA and New York. This is a remote first role.
This role will require some travel to client sites as necessary. You must be authorized to work in the United States.
As Software Solutions Architect, you are a polyglot engineer with a hunger for learning new languages and tools. You see yourself as a maker and you are interested in all steps of the process, from understanding the challenge, to designing, developing and deploying.
As a consulting Software Solutions Architect, you are always happy to be learning, choosing the right tool for the job but also becoming the foremost domain expert about our client’s business. You should always be able to answer the question: What have I learned this week?
Responsibilities and Duties
In this role, you will participate in the full life cycle of application development for our clients with duties including but not limited to:
- Assist the sales team with uncovering and understanding technical requirements and producing estimates and risk assessments for new projects.
- Become the domain expert for our clients’ business and gain a deep knowledge of their infrastructure and internal systems.
- Assess and research technologies to determine their fitness for a particular purpose.
- Educate and train clients and stakeholders about the benefits of our approach and process to software and solutions development.
- Collaborate with the engineering team on project delivery by contributing code and reviewing pull requests.
- Collaborate with the team to create a successful project hand-off plan
Qualifications and Skills
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Over 5+ years of experience directly consulting with clients.
- Eager to learn new languages and technologies.
- Strong experience designing and delivering features on both server and client sides of the development stack.
- Experience with AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Experience working with Chef, Ansible, and other provisioning technologies is a plus.
- BS of Computer Science or similar academic background is a plus.
- Excellent skills in spoken and written English language.
- Possess a strong and reliable internet connection.
Benefits at Theorem
While we have offices in LA and New York, we work remotely with team members around the world
- Remote First - Work from your remote location when you are not called to travel to client site
- Team retreats - We get together at an inspiring location to meet, work and play
- Healthy body, healthy mind - happy team - We offer vacation and support healthy lifestyles through our physical fitness and continuing education benefits program.
Development specialized on the free software project Open edX, used by many universities and companies to run online courses. See edx.org, stanford.edu or fun-mooc.fr for examples of Open edX instances.
The Open edX platform is a large Python/Django codebase, with good code standards and architecture (a lot of the edX engineers come from MIT). You would work on different clients contracts using the platform. The clients list/references include Harvard, MIT, edX themselves, the French government, and various startups & universities currently running their own instances, or looking to create one. Tasks are very varied, from developing core platform features, custom exercises and tools for specific courses (XBlocks), customizing and deploying instances, working fullstack, operating our service infrastructure, improving our hosting platform, etc. You won't get bored here.
Most of your work is published as free software (Open edX is released under the AGPL license, which requires clients to release modifications under the same license), and you would also contribute to the free software project, pushing most of your developments upstream through pull requests, contributing features, documentation or help on mailing-lists.
- 3+ years working with Python
- Experience with Python web frameworks, specifically Django
- Experience with unit testing
- You feel comfortable working in a Linux environment, specifically Debian or Ubuntu
- Experience with databases: MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Experience with contributing to free software projects, and communicating within a free software community
You would have to work with tasks from the following categories, but you would be able to pick up the skills on the job if you don't master this yet:
- DevOps experience, especially on Debian/Ubuntu servers, Terraform, Vault, Packer, Prometheus, ELK, Docker. We are building a modern infrastructure and having a strong DevOps presence on top of core software engineering skills is a big plus with us.
- Cloud computing, like AWS or OpenStack
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible
- RabbitMQ, Redis & Elasticsearch
- git source control
- Mobile development (iOS and/or Android)
- Managing clients & projects from beginning to completion (senior developer)
- Public speaking at conferences (you would present a talk every year at the Open edX Con)
We are a team of twenty developers, all working remotely from Europe, North & South America, Asia & Australia. You would arrive at a critical moment, as we scale up to handle increasing demand from clients on the edX platform. The company is not affiliated with edX, but contributing and working with them on various projects. This is a full time position, were you would be able to work remotely from anywhere you want, as long as you have a good internet connexion. : )
Narrative is building the first global data marketplace. It has often been said that data is the new currency. Unfortunately, maximizing the value of data is often easier said than done. On one side, transacting via individual point to point integrations carries a lot of overhead in both business development and technical integration efforts. On the other, going through big aggregators introduces opacity in the pricing and provenance of the data. At Narrative, we help our customers get value from their data by building a central auction platform to reduce the friction and tooling to increase the transparency in this process.
We are a small, early stage team looking for great developers who want to jump in and take major systems and user-facing features from design to launch. Here’s where we are now:
We are operating in Amazon Web Services. Our services are mainly deployed on EC2 provisioned with Terraform.
We also heavily use other technology on AWS such as DynamoDB, S3, and RDS.
Our backend includes a data ingestion web service with supporting Kinesis consumers, along with a growing array of Spark projects. It’s written mostly in Scala, with a smattering of Python for lambda functions.
We sit somewhere in the middle of the “Scala as a worse Haskell” and “Scala as a better Java” spectrum. We love functional programming and we do make use of libraries like cats, but at the same time we heavily favor core language features and have no intention of rewriting everything using Free Monads.
Our web app UI is written in Typescript with Angular2 and a supporting API running on Node, and is deployed and monitored using much the same supporting tech as the backend.
Other services we use include: GitHub, CircleCI, DataDog.
Here are some examples of projects that we would like some help with:
Interactive tools to help buyers discover the data they need to accomplish their business objectives.
Interactive tools to help sellers maximize the yield from the data that they are selling.
Data analytics pipelines to drive the interactive report UIs. For example: reports for yield forecasting and deal pre-qualification.
The ideal candidate should:
Thoroughly understand the HTTP lifecycle and how the browser interacts with web APIs.
Enjoy building fast, user-friendly UIs.
Not be afraid of contributing to the entire stack when the need arises, given that frontend doesn’t simply mean HTML/CSS. For instance, a feature might require
some metrics to be computed from a Spark Report
creating a MySQL migration script
tweaking S3 permissions and terraform scripts for deployment
We are not looking for a 100% fit on all the technology buzzwords, but we are looking for someone with strong technical skills who is eager to pick up new technologies as necessary.
We are building the team with a remote-first mindset, and as a result every team member is expected to have an ability to synthesize business requirements, distill the domain, contribute to high-level design documents, efficiently communicate asynchronously, and more generally work autonomously toward a shared vision.
Continuously investing in quality (code quality, tests, pull request reviews, refactoring…) is part of our strategy to sustainably maximize the business value we deliver.
Apply at [email protected]
Find out more about Company Culture.
More about the hiring process.
A day in the life of a dev.
- Experience using Python, PostgreSQL, Redis, Memcached, Lua, Linux, Nginx, Elasticsearch, and Amazon Web Services a plus.
- Familiarity with automated testing frameworks such as Jest, Karma, Cypress, or Protractor.
- Familiarity with distributed revision control systems such as Mercurial or Git.
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently - accountable for your own actions and able to act with both urgency and integrity.
- Desire to work in a caring, transparent, and giving work environment, in line with Hotjars company values, culture and ways of working.
- Will submit to a background check, confidentially processed by our third party.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Customer Engineer to bring Pulumi’s cloud programming model to the world. You will be a part of realizing a vision where every developer can program the cloud.
In this customer-facing engineering role, you will be the center of successful implementations of Pulumi with our newest users. It will be your job to take the shared vision of a customer deal and deliver on it: from assessing our customer environment, building a customized deployment plan, and working internally and externally to ensure our customers are happily using all of the Pulumi power they purchased.
Expect to be challenged, learn, teach, and collaborate with a world class team of great people.
Pulumi is headquartered in Seattle, WA. This role is home office, preferably based on the East Coast to best serve our customers there. If you prefer a co-working space, that can be arranged. We are committed to our remote workforce and building a cohesive team.
In This Job You Will:
Work with customers across their entire lifecycle - from pre-sales (demos, answering inbound questions, reaching out to new users) to post-sales (on-boarding, technical reviews, answering support tickets.)
Create technical materials for customers - examples, guides, demo scripts, product briefs, etc.
Onboard enterprise customers, optimizing Pulumi for their environment.
Close the loop between customers, product, and engineering teams, championing the product to the customer, and bringing their requirements to the roadmap.
Listen and respond; build and advise on the best technical choices for our customers.
Be challenged, solve new problems, teach about our technologies, and figuring out new, better ways to delight our customers.
To Be Successful In This Role, You Have:
Pre- or Post- Sales experience using devops products with enterprise customers.
A commitment to user experience, customer optimization and successful implementation of new products.
Deep familiarity with core web technologies, Open Source technologies, and public cloud platforms.
Exceptional customer management, presentation and communication skills.
BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
Pulumi is reimagining how developers and DevOps teams create and manage cloud software, through a unique combination of developer tools and system innovation. The company leads with an open source platform that embraces real programming languages, tools, and techniques, and offers an innovative SaaS product that helps team collaborate.
Pulumi was founded in 2017 by developer and cloud experts from many corners of our industry to deliver innovative approaches to cloud software development. Since emerging from stealth in mid-2018, we are accelerating our platform momentum and product adoption. The team is built on a culture of openness, diversity, respect, and thinking big.
Our mission is to transform the way financial professionals deliver advice at scale and build collaborative relationships with their clients. At eMoney advisor, we are changing the rules in the wealth management industry through the infusion of leading-edge technology and services.
For nearly two decades, our software engineers have worked tirelessly to develop products for financial professionals to transform the financial services industry as you know it today, to the dynamic and technology driven industry of tomorrow. This includes bringing fresh ideas to legacy concepts and making sure that eMoney’s core values of collaboration, innovation, passion, integrity and of course fun are never compromised.
eMoney is a technology company and its engineers are its core. We are looking for the best and brightest software enthusiasts with a variety of technical skills who are ready to solve problems and challenge conventional thinking. People that love design and our agile development methodology, who’s views help to expand the product vertical their team operates in will thrive in our environment.
If you have these qualifications…
- 5-10 years of experience with one or more object oriented programming languages including but not limited to C#, Java, C++, Objective C, Python.
- Experience working with server-side web frameworks such as NET MVC or Spring MVC
- Experience working in a modern software development environment using practices such as continuous integration, continuous deployment, test driven development, pair programming, Agile practices such as Scrum, Kanban, XP.
And can handle these responsibilities…
- As a highly technical member of the team, actively seek to master of our tech stack, tools, and practices. Complete complex modifications, refactoring, and bug fixes to existing functionality without the need for oversight.
- Be an active team member. Listen a lot. Ask questions to seek clarity. Take the floor when you have information, experience, or perspective to share. Actively participate and contribute to technical discussions and code reviews.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business context under which your team operates and present feature recommendations. Build empathy for the personas your team supports and recommend design changes.
We will give you….
- A great place to learn, grow, transform and lead
- A fun environment that encourages having a good time and loving what you do
- A robust benefits package that includes no-cost medical plan options and a variety of company provided benefits to enhance your life outside of work
- 401k with a generous company match
- A wonderful opportunity
We look for people who are:
- As passionate about helping customers succeed as they are about working with new technologies.
- Confident, and value freedom (we work almost exclusively from home), but humble enough to ask questions when they are stuck.
- Want to build new things, but don’t mind rolling up their sleeves and doing what needs to get done.
- Love to work directly with customers to solve their business problems.
- Want to work hard, but balance that with the rest of their life.
CloudApp (https://www.getcloudapp.com/) is a customer experience led company focused on improving business workflows with our video messaging productivity apps. It's free apps help businesses communicate faster and get more done.
Now, we’re looking for a remote Full-Stack Developer to join our growing team. In this role, you’ll be working with our engineering team in all aspects of our CloudApp solution, from its front-end down to the infrastructure.
Strong Ruby, Node, JS, and/or Python experience
Testing and scaling up APIs
Modifying a large ruby on rails project
Designing and implementing ancillary microservice API endpoints
Going into older code bases to update and tweak new features
Strong dev-ops skills, comfortably hopping into AWS server to debug and tweak settings if needed
Full stack engineering experience, with strong system fundamentals
Experience with service-oriented architecture
Exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications
Strong industry experience in architecture and development of scalable production quality backend systems
Good understanding of distributed systems, data stores, data modeling, indexing and associated trade-offs
Experience developing APIs and SDKs a plus
Ability to work in a cross-functional team that touches many parts of the core systems at CloudApp
Work at all levels of the stack, (AWS, ruby, Node.JS, SQL, React, HTML, CSS), to build and maintain new CloudApp features
Take full ownership and responsibility for building, shipping, and maintaining core CloudApp features, end to end
Design and architect complex, reusable, and maintainable new systems, real-time interfaces, and visualizations, focusing not only on performance and scalability, but also on crafting a beautiful user experience
Build user interfaces that are crisp, consistent, and fast, that thrive under heavy customization and varying use cases, that encourage exploration, and that earn the trust of our customers through predictable, reliable, and thoughtful interactions
5+ years of professional ruby engineering experience
Ability to work from a permanent location (e.g. your home), and easily overlap with PST
Experience architecting, deploying and operating asynchronous distributed work queues, high-volume storage systems, and high-throughput systems
FineTune is seeking a senior QA for our AP and Pre-AP software product. We are a fully distributed and international team though 1/3 of us are in Boston Metro area. S/he will have the opportunity to work on mission critical software that will impact 3-5 million students in 2019. If you are well versed in various
- selenium based testing
- load testing (Python Locust)
- smoke testing
- test driven development
- and have worked in QA'ing at least 3 production released software
you are welcome to apply. S/he will be working with our development team, product owners, designers and increase the quality of the software so that we may serve 3 million+ users in 2019.
- Proven experience in understanding complex user needs with multiple stakeholders
- 5+ years of QA experience
- 3+ years experience with API testing, UI testing, end to end testing.
- 3+ years experience QA’ing high-availability enterprise software a plus
- 5+ years experience with Databases (SQL or noSQL)
- Experience with Selenium
- Experience with Locust for load testing
- Experience with apache bench
- Java based automation
- Python based automation
- Strong Agile Experience
- Experience with continuous integration and test driven development
- Ability to dive deep into technical issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in debugging performance issues in docker, kubernetes and AWS ECS containers
- Experience with collaborating in github a plus
- Desire to continuously, learn, improve and apply new technologies that will increase operational efficiency and effectiveness
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent a plus
As we prepare for rapid business growth from here, FineTune Learning is seeking to hire a Senior QA Automation Engineer who have worked in at least 3 production released software/web/mobile products. We are looking for people who have strong motivation to grow startup companies, who is agile and continuously improving themselves while having an opinion for great software components and services with great attention to detail in delivering reliable software that is well tested according to user expectations.
While this is a remote position, there are often meetings at 9 a.m. ET. Something to take into consideration. Mountain Time, Central Time, or Eastern Time preferred.
- Experience working and collaborating with teams
- Experience in Linux and command line a must
- Work with React
- Experience with Functional programming is highly desirable
- You know how to architect all components of a frontend project
- You have experience reading API documentation and working with different endpoints to compose the desired effect
- You know how to run projects through solid processes (things like code reviews, reviewing stories, planning)
- Picks up new technologies quickly and efficiently
- Uses Git effectively
- Know how to create tests and why it's important
- Knowledge of OOP and software design principles
- Driven, ambitious, and interested in tech
- Acumen. You must be able to think of and judge multiple solutions for a problem and be able to reason between them.
- You’re aware of how to build secure apps
- You know how to optimize frontend load times, debug rendering issues, and overall provide a smooth experience to the user.
- Knowledge of responsive frontends
- You know C#, Ruby, Python or Go. IMPORTANT. You don't have to be an expert in backend tech, but you'll need to understand how to integrate with the backend guys.
- You’ve practiced continuous integration
- You've tinkered with Docker
- Require JS/Webpack/Browserify is a bonus, too.
- You’re interested in startups
- Great mentorship and company culture
- Remote work
- Challenging work and interesting projects
- Healthcare benefits package
- Fun office space in Wynwood (Miami - if you so choose
Datadog is building a world-class APM product that traces requests as they flow across complex systems. We are looking for an expert Ruby developer who can help push our MRI tracing tools to the next level. Come and join us to build amazing open source software.
What you will do
Write open source code that instruments thousands of Ruby applications around the world.
Drive our open source Ruby projects and engage with the community to find and address the most important challenges.
Join a great team building software the right way.
Who you must be
You’re a master Ruby programmer. You think in blocks, faced the GIL limitations many times and you know there is more to Ruby than Rails. You’ve written piles of clean, correct, well-tested, performant, idiomatic Ruby code.
You are a great community ambassador and can drive hard technical conversations towards a good solution.
You have solid experience with widely used frameworks and libraries like Rails, Sinatra, Grape, Sidekiq or ActiveRecord.
You want to work in a fast, high growth startup environment.
You have a BS/MS/PhD in a STEM field or equivalent experience.
You have experience with JRuby and how it works in the JVM.
You’ve played with eventmachine.
You have have experience with code telemetry and introspection.
We are looking to add someone for evening hours 10:00PM PST (6:00AM EU) - 7:00AM PST (2:00PM EU) to support our customers in other time zones
A technical support specialist with technical chops, who wants to eventually move into product role. Preferably, your claim to fame from your last job won’t be how many tickets you solved but how many you made ‘extinct’ by working with the team to improve products and processes. You take everything you learn and turn it into collateral or processes that will let you reduce your workload so you can take on new responsibilities. Customers are your #1 priority, and you’ll do whatever it takes to support them.
As a Support Specialist, you’ll be exposed to every part of our system and work directly with Customer Success, Engineering and Product Management to ensure that our customers have the best possible experience.
3-6 years work experience, with at least one promotion at their current company.
Strong analytical skills, with a desire to identify inefficiencies through data analysis and the ability to translate them into product or process solutions.
Customer-centric: a history of going ‘above and beyond’ to support customers.
Strong work ethic & team player.
Hungry to learn and grow.
Nice-To-Have (we’ll teach you if you don’t already know):
Experience in an in-house IT function.
Experience manipulating log data in terminal (grep, tail, wc, etc) and/or a log analysis systems.
Experience with Telephony apps (as an end-user and/or working on a telephony product)
An understanding of ‘cloud’ infrastructure, architecture and technologies
Exposure to the software development lifecycle, from specification > development > QA > release
Benefits: full PPO (Google-level) Health, Vision, Dental
Employee Stock Options
Tax-Free Commuter Benefits
We have an office in San Francisco, but half of us work remotely from all over the US. Check out a (totally unprompted!) blog post by one of our engineers about his experience working remotely at Truly.