The best remote jobs, hand-picked daily.Post a job for $299
We look for people who are:
- As passionate about helping customers succeed as they are about working with new technologies.
- Confident, and value freedom (we work almost exclusively from home), but humble enough to ask questions when they are stuck.
- Want to build new things, but don’t mind rolling up their sleeves and doing what needs to get done.
- Love to work directly with customers to solve their business problems.
- Want to work hard, but balance that with the rest of their life.
Clevertech is seeking an iOS Developer to join us in developing premium native experiences for our consumers. In this role, you will deliver well designed, highly testable, and resilient applications. You will also be instrumental in driving our mobile technology roadmap forward and evangelizing mobile development and testing practices. The successful candidate is both deeply experienced with iOS development and a team player that thrives in a collaborative agile environment.
You can deliver quickly while being clever to avoid missteps. You have an effective positive attitude that shines as you show your care about client and colleague concerns. You are always learning and are a transparent communicator even when it is challenging. You thrive on challenging yourself daily and seek to surround yourself with like-minded individuals.
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- iOS mobile development work experience
- A solid grasp of fundamental algorithms and mobile applications
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Passion for operational excellence
- Bachelors degree in computer science, mathematics, a related field or equivalent work experience
- Strong communicator and fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge about the Lean Startup and Agile Methodologies
We know that people do their best work when theyre taken care of. So we make sure to offer great benefits.
- Competitive Vacation Package
- Annual Financial Allowance for YOUR development
- Flexible Family Leave
- Clevertech Gives Back Program
- Clevertech U (Leadership Program, Habit-Building, New Skills Training)
- Clevertech Swag
- Strong Clevertech Community
How We Work
Why do people join Clevertech? To make an impact. To grow themselves. To be surrounded by developers who they can learn from. We are truly excited to be creating waves in an industry under transformation.
True innovation comes from an exchange of knowledge across all of our teams. To put people on the path for success, we nurture a culture built on trust, collaboration, and personal growth. You will work in small feature-based cross-functional teams and be empowered to take ownership.
We make a point of constantly evolving our experience and skills. We value diverse perspectives and fostering personal growth by challenging everyone to push beyond our comfort level and try something new.
The result? We produce meaningful work
We hire people from a variety of backgrounds who are respectful, collaborative, and introspective. Members of the tech team, for example, come from diverse backgrounds having worked as copy editors, graphic designers, and photographers prior to joining Clevertech.
Our hiring process focuses not only on your skills but also on your professional and personal ambitions. We want to get to know you. We put a lot of thought into the interview process in order to get a holistic understanding of you while being mindful of your time. You will solve problems derived from the work we do on a daily basis followed by thoughtful discussions around potential fit. Whatever the outcome, we want you to have a great candidate experience.
Want to learn more about Clevertech and the team? Check out clevertech.careers.
Development specialized on the free software project Open edX, used by many universities and companies to run online courses. See edx.org, stanford.edu or fun-mooc.fr for examples of Open edX instances.
The Open edX platform is a large Python/Django codebase, with good code standards and architecture (a lot of the edX engineers come from MIT). You would work on different clients contracts using the platform. The clients list/references include Harvard, MIT, edX themselves, the French government, and various startups & universities currently running their own instances, or looking to create one. Tasks are very varied, from developing core platform features, custom exercises and tools for specific courses (XBlocks), customizing and deploying instances, working fullstack, operating our service infrastructure, improving our hosting platform, etc. You won't get bored here.
Most of your work is published as free software (Open edX is released under the AGPL license, which requires clients to release modifications under the same license), and you would also contribute to the free software project, pushing most of your developments upstream through pull requests, contributing features, documentation or help on mailing-lists.
- 3+ years working with Python
- Experience with Python web frameworks, specifically Django
- Experience with unit testing
- You feel comfortable working in a Linux environment, specifically Debian or Ubuntu
- Experience with databases: MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Experience with contributing to free software projects, and communicating within a free software community
You would have to work with tasks from the following categories, but you would be able to pick up the skills on the job if you don't master this yet:
- DevOps experience, especially on Debian/Ubuntu servers, Terraform, Vault, Packer, Prometheus, ELK, Docker. We are building a modern infrastructure and having a strong DevOps presence on top of core software engineering skills is a big plus with us.
- Cloud computing, like AWS or OpenStack
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible
- RabbitMQ, Redis & Elasticsearch
- git source control
- Mobile development (iOS and/or Android)
- Managing clients & projects from beginning to completion (senior developer)
- Public speaking at conferences (you would present a talk every year at the Open edX Con)
We are a team of twenty developers, all working remotely from Europe, North & South America, Asia & Australia. You would arrive at a critical moment, as we scale up to handle increasing demand from clients on the edX platform. The company is not affiliated with edX, but contributing and working with them on various projects. This is a full time position, were you would be able to work remotely from anywhere you want, as long as you have a good internet connexion. : )
- Experience with iOS and Android development
- Code optimization and performance improvements
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Experience with working remotely
- Familiar/involved with open source projects
- Independent, self-motivated
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Proven track record of always learning and growing
- Proactive attitude
- Possess a spirit of generosity
- Get the chance to work with big brands like Riot Games, Fox Broadcasting, Kaplan Inc...
- Live and work in one of our roaming hacker houses (X-Outposts) around the world.
- Work from anywhere as part of a community of digital nomads.
- Join our vibrant community, filled with opportunities to learn new skills together in study groups, join clubs (photography, gaming, etc.) and get free camera equipment/games/conferences/courses/massages/etc., charitable fundraisers, fitness & yoga programs (+gym membership), etc. This is the community to be in if you're a remote developer.
- Well provide up to $2,500 in funding for your learning and growth through our Unleash program, which provides opportunities to unleash your potential through initiatives that help you grow as a developer and explore your passions more each day.
Brave is looking for an experienced iOS developer to help build our Brave Web Browser app. It's already receiving rave reviews and we are only just beginning. Jump in and work with a top-notch team and watch our adoption soar with your help.
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years experience with iOS development
- Strong Swift and Objective-C skills
- Expert-level familiarity with Xcode and Instrumentation
- Ability to create interfaces programmatically
- Experience with software development via distributed development teams
- Comfortable working in an open source setting
- A passion for helping protect users’ privacy and security
- Written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proven record of getting things done
- A CS degree or equivalent preferred
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Concurrency and Multithreading
- UI/Unit Testing
The project is open-source on GitHub: https://github.com/brave/browser-ios
We follow open-source peer-review practices.
The candidate should be able to build slick UIs leveraging React, React Native, and CSS both for mobile apps and the web. The candidate should also have experience reading from and writing to a redux store.
You will be expected to take a Sketch/Zeplin design and implement the design into a working and tested React/React Native + CSS code. Some of the data calls will be plugged into your front-end by other developers.
You will make important contributions and your opinion will be heard.
We work mostly in an Agile methodology - stand ups, a weekly dev meeting, and daily communication on Slack. We will release often - once very 1-2 weeks.
The job can be remote or be located in Charleston, SC.
Rayka's core product is a social, recommendation-based travel app. We aim to provide rich, targeted content for travelers. Our group of travel experts were constantly asked for recommendations in different locations, so we came up with a way for experts to efficiently provide information and help build a community of knowledgeable travelers and travel enthusiasts.
We are an early stage startup looking to grow very quickly - both in employees and in user base.
Not sponsoring visas.
Equity is available with any offer.
* 2+ years professional React
* 1+ years professional Redux
* Ruby on Rails
We are looking for a thoughtful, detail-oriented developer to be the next member of our growing developer-owned, remote-friendly, people-first, hyphen-loving company.
The ideal candidate would have several years of experience working in open source web frameworks. They would also be eager to learn, grow, and foster healthy working relationships.
If you have experience building production web applications and are as passionate about helping customers as you are about working with new technologies, then we want to talk!
Skills & Requirements
Do you love to work directly with customers to solve business problems?
We believe great software is discovered by understanding the core problems our clients are facing – and that is best achieved through frequent and direct communication with the subject matter experts. We provide leadership to support and guide interactions, but we need you to be comfortable talking with clients, discussing problems, and proposing solutions, which may not always be more software.
Do you have experience writing production web applications?
We strive to support our team’s growth, learning, and taking on new roles at the edge of our comfort zones. At the same time, our clients expect us to bring a certain level of expertise. If you have never worked on a production web application, it is unlikely you will succeed here, even if you have other types of engineering experience.
Are you able to work remotely, within +/- 2 hours of US Eastern time zone?
We all mostly work from home. This requires the ability to self-direct and communicate well in writing. It also offers tremendous freedom and power, which comes with, uh, tremendous responsibility. We currently require our team to be within a 2hr time zone difference of Richmond, VA and physically based in the United States.
Being within easy driving distance of Richmond or Charlottesville is a huge plus!
Open source web development platforms (Rails, Django, Node.js)
Writing tests and using automated testing frameworks
Modern HTML/CSS (nothing crazy, we have a design team)
Mobile-first development, iOS/Android, React Native, etc.
WHAT WE OFFER
A Great Team – Our team of engineers and designers is the best part of working here. We only hire people who are fantastic teammates – competent and smart, sure, but also humble, positive, and generous.
Great Clients – We work with mostly small and medium clients, for whom our projects make a huge impact. We prioritize clients who are pleasant and good to work with, people who share our values of transparency and empathy.
Work From Home – We are a distributed company. Everyone works from home, though the leadership team all live in central Virginia.
Negligible Travel – In general, we don’t travel routinely for projects. If this is a specific concern, we’re happy to discuss.
Flexible Work Schedule – We require a certain amount of overlap with the rest of the team, but if you have a predictable schedule, we can probably support it, e.g., ending at 3:30 every day or being out every Friday morning.
Good Work Life Balance (really) – We ask our team to work 40 hours a week*. That’s all: a good, productive 40 hours. And then we try our best to leave you alone off the clock. We do this in part because that’s how we want to live but also because we want our team to be recharged and ready to do their best when working. *If you need to work fewer than 40 hours, that might be possible too; let’s talk.
Competitive Compensation – We offer highly competitive salary and benefits, including generous time off, 401k, FSA, medical and dental insurance.