The best remote jobs, hand-picked daily.Post a job for $299
heorem is a team of experts who set sound principles and best practices into action. Our team solves complex problems and builds amazing things for some of the largest global household names. We work with team members around the world and have offices in LA and New York. This is a remote first role.
This role will require some travel to client sites as necessary. You must be authorized to work in the United States.
As Software Solutions Architect, you are a polyglot engineer with a hunger for learning new languages and tools. You see yourself as a maker and you are interested in all steps of the process, from understanding the challenge, to designing, developing and deploying.
As a consulting Software Solutions Architect, you are always happy to be learning, choosing the right tool for the job but also becoming the foremost domain expert about our client’s business. You should always be able to answer the question: What have I learned this week?
Responsibilities and Duties
In this role, you will participate in the full life cycle of application development for our clients with duties including but not limited to:
- Assist the sales team with uncovering and understanding technical requirements and producing estimates and risk assessments for new projects.
- Become the domain expert for our clients’ business and gain a deep knowledge of their infrastructure and internal systems.
- Assess and research technologies to determine their fitness for a particular purpose.
- Educate and train clients and stakeholders about the benefits of our approach and process to software and solutions development.
- Collaborate with the engineering team on project delivery by contributing code and reviewing pull requests.
- Collaborate with the team to create a successful project hand-off plan
Qualifications and Skills
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Over 5+ years of experience directly consulting with clients.
- Eager to learn new languages and technologies.
- Strong experience designing and delivering features on both server and client sides of the development stack.
- Experience with AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Experience working with Chef, Ansible, and other provisioning technologies is a plus.
- BS of Computer Science or similar academic background is a plus.
- Excellent skills in spoken and written English language.
- Possess a strong and reliable internet connection.
Benefits at Theorem
While we have offices in LA and New York, we work remotely with team members around the world
- Remote First - Work from your remote location when you are not called to travel to client site
- Team retreats - We get together at an inspiring location to meet, work and play
- Healthy body, healthy mind - happy team - We offer vacation and support healthy lifestyles through our physical fitness and continuing education benefits program.
Ruby on Rails powers a lot of our infrastructure, and were always looking for talented Rails developers to help us reach the next level. By joining our team, youll get the opportunity to work on many of our various Rails projects with a team of highly skilled Rails experts from around the world. At Toptal, we push the boundaries on whats possible with Rails every single day, and wed love for you to help us get even further. The bulk of the work we do on a daily basis is pure back-end development, but occasionally some new UI has to be wired up, so some front-end skills on your part certainly wont hurt. We dont cut corners, and we dont make compromiseswe create beautifully architected Rails apps that are polished, fast, well-tested, and a joy to use. This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Responsibilities:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code.
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic technical decisions related to new products and functionality.
- Help maintain code quality.
- Onboard and mentor new team members.
- You must have 3+ years of web development experiencepreference given to candidates who have experience with large applications of some scale.
- You must have a solid grasp of object-oriented programming, automated software testing, databases, development, and testing methodologies.
- You must have experience developing a web frameworkwith Ruby on Rails a plus.
- Be excited about deploying to production multiple times a day and collaborating daily with your team and other groups while working via a distributed model.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Be comfortable with iterative and incremental development.
- Be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.