The best remote jobs, hand-picked daily.Post a job for $299
We're looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join the engineering team at Zapier. Want to create a simple product that allows anyone to do complex, incredible things with the world's APIs? Then keep reading!
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Even though our job description may seem like we're looking for a specific candidate, the role inevitably ends up tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if:
You care deeply about improving frontend technology so our customers can have a great experience using our product.
You love great UX. You spend most of your time coding, but you also have an eye for great design and a feel for great UX. Maybe you were once a designer (or still are) or maybe your creative outlet has always been the code. Either way, you care about more than just the code.
You can balance lots of concerns. Frontend apps have to take into account performance (using networks and devices that we can't control), customer demands, A/B tests, UX research, code quality, a rapidly changing ecosystem of languages and modules, and the list goes on. And we actually want to ship things too! You can balance those demands without getting overwhelmed and keep the needle moving forward.
You love helping others. You love sharing knowledge with the rest of your team, building shared tooling for other engineers, giving back to the open-source community, and directly helping customers.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Research, guide, and execute frontend architecture changes, including but by no means limited to GraphQL, server-side React rendering, and Flow typing.
- Build reusable React components with modular CSS, manage data on the client with Redux and GraphQL, and test everything with Jest.
- Measure and resolve performance bottlenecks, using tools like Chrome DevTools, Lighthouse, WebPagetest, or custom tooling.
- Work closely with our product, design, and UX teams to create amazing and intuitive experiences that make it effortless to connect different apps together.
- Help put tools, processes, and documentation in place to improve our code quality.
- Review code written by other team members or other teams.
- Ship to hundreds of thousands of users every day while having lots of autonomy in terms of code and feature ownership.
- Work with complex and varied data structures (APIs can be a little, uh, eccentric).
- Help out with our Python backend or Node-based developer platform.
- Share what you know and learn either one-on-one or with lightning talks to the group.
- Give back to the community via open source and blog posts.
- Experiment: this is a startup so everything can change as we experiment with doing more custom partnership work
- As a part of Zapier's all-hands philosophy, help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible.
You’ll also have the opportunity to specialize in a variety of areas of the Zapier codebase, including core product or platform development. Focusing on a specialization will not limit your area for growth at Zapier as each engineer brings a unique perspective and can contribute differently in all areas. We encourage participation and will frequently have engineers contribute across teams to assist in projects.
For the past six years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: Planet Earth.
If you want to work remote, that's great. If you want to work near others, that's cool too. Our team of 100+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don't have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US-based employees.
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
At Sourcegraph, we are building a better, smarter foundation for software development. The innovations of the future will all rely on code and by empowering software developers today, we can bring the future sooner. You can learn more about our mission by reading our our master plan.
Our product (code search, code intelligence, browser extensions, etc.) is open source, and is already deployed to paying customers with small and large engineering organizations across the world. Visit our homepage to learn why companies use Sourcegraph.
In addition to competitive pay and equity, we provide many benefits to keep you happy, healthy, and productive.
- Help build Sourcegraph, a multi-tier application (web, CLI, browser extensions, API, data stores, services) written primarily in TypeScript (frontend) and Go (backend).
- Have the freedom to creatively tackle various CS challenges while building products and infrastructure that are fundamental to the growth and success of the business.
- Have the opportunity to interact directly with our customers to help them deploy/configure our software, and solve issues that they encounter.
- Plan your own work each month based on company goals and customer feedback.
- Publish blog posts and give conference talks about your work at Sourcegraph.
As a senior member of the team, you will:
- Help set the technical direction of various projects.
- Mentor and teach other team members.
Take a look at our public near-term product roadmap for examples of projects you could work on at Sourcegraph.
- A track record of delivering high-quality products with attention to scalability and UX.
- Experience working with APIs and distributed systems.
- Passion for the craft of software development and good engineering practices.
- You apply here.
- We set up a 30 minute call to chat with you about Sourcegraph to find out what you are looking for in your next role.
- We give you a take home coding assignment which won't take you more than 2 hours to finish.
- We schedule a few more hours of technical and non-technical interviews. We're happy to fly you out to our San Francisco office, or conduct the remaining interviews over video chat, whatever works best for you.
- We check your references.
- We make you a job offer.
We also expect you to be interviewing us too, so ask us any questions you have along the way.
If you aren't ready to start interviewing, but are interested to stop by our San Francisco office to meet the team, let us know!
Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we embrace diversity and welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating simple, yet scalable experiences for our customers.
As a Senior Software Engineer within Developer Experience you will think about how to present complex developer workflows and deployment processes as simple, elegant, and configurable solutions for our customers. Working alongside of Product and Design teams, and reporting to an Engineering Manager, you will decide how to build software that gets the most out of our products and services, and helps developers deploy, manage, and scale apps on DigitalOcean. You will also work within the broader engineering organization to improve efficiency and performance of internal systems, so that we can support our growing customer base.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Developing software written primarily in Go, and sometimes Ruby.
- Working with containerized applications in Docker, and deploying within a CI/CD environment like GoCD and Concourse.
- Creating and processing large amounts of data stored in, or streamed through, MySQL, Redis, and Kafka.
- Using tools like Kibana and Grafana to monitor, alert and troubleshoot internal production performance issues.
- Consuming and integrating with 3rd party APIs (DigitalOcean public APIs, Kubernetes, logging and analytics services, etc).
- Actively participating in the product development process, quickly understanding how our services contribute to customer value, and gradually forming opinions on how to make those services better with minimal technical supervision.
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Experience working in a role where you had to balance solving software performance and scaling challenges with creating customer value.
- Willingness to understand the architecture of multiple systems, and being able to make updates to them independently.
- Have the ability to lead projects from start to finish, working cross functionally to gather requirements, plan work, and helping to steer development until launch.
- Experience with consuming and processing messages from Kafka or similar service.
- Proficiency with writing efficient queries in MySQL.
- Experience building APIs for external consumption.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and CI/CD pipelines like GoCD or Concourse a plus.
- An understanding of microservice architecture and inter-service communication with protocols like gRPC and Protocol Buffers a plus.
- A strong appreciation for rich UI experiences, and particularly the flexibility to adapt APIs and backend services to accommodate such experiences.
- A passion for creating developer tools and meaningful developer workflows.
- This role will be expected to participate in an on-call rotation
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Clevertech is a leading consultancy that is on a mission to build transformational digital solutions for the world's most innovative organizations. Enterprise companies turn to Clevertech to help them launch innovative digital products that interact with hundreds of millions of customers, transactions and data points. By partnering with Clevertech these companies are propelling forward and changing their industries, business models and more.
Based in New York City with fully remote development teams, Clevertech has built core product offerings for clients whose value was revealed in transactions valued in excess of $100 million.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We are hiring team members who are passionate and energized by the vision of empowering our customers in a complex industry through technology, data and a deep understanding of client concerns. In order to grasp the scale of problems we face, ideally you have some exposure to Logistics, FinTech, Transportation, Insurance, Media or other complex multifactor industries.
What you'll do:
* Collaborate with our team in every stage of a product's lifecycle; from planning to delivery
* Create clean, modern, testable, well-documented code
* Confidently communicate daily with clients to understand and deliver technical requirements
* Manage your own workflow to meet the deadlines which you will have set with your team to ensure success
What is Required:
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline
* Database skills - You understand the use cases for relational and non-relational data, you've implemented code against several different database platforms.
* Strong communicator and fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong understanding of the agile software development process
* Excited by ambiguity and rapid changes common in early-stage product development
Our Benefits We know that people do their best work when they're taken care of. So we make sure to offer great benefits.
- Competitive Vacation Package
- Annual Financial Allowance for YOUR development
- Flexible Family Leave
- Clevertech Gives Back Program
- Clevertech U (Leadership Program, Habit Building, New Skills Training)
- Clevertech Swag
- Strong Clevertech Community
How We Work Why do people join Clevertech? To make an impact. To grow themselves. To be surrounded by developers who they can learn from. We are truly excited to be creating waves in an industry under transformation. True innovation comes from an exchange of knowledge across all of our teams. To put people on the path for success, we nurture a culture built on trust, collaboration, and personal growth. You will work in small feature-based cross-functional teams and be empowered to take ownership. We make a point of constantly evolving our experience and skills. We value diverse perspectives and fostering personal growth by challenging everyone to push beyond our comfort level and try something new. The result? We produce meaningful work
Getting Hired We hire people from a variety of backgrounds who are respectful, collaborative, and introspective. Members of the tech team, for example, come from diverse backgrounds having worked as copy editors, graphic designers, and photographers prior to joining Clevertech. Our hiring process focuses not only on your skills but also on your professional and personal ambitions. We want to get to know you. We put a lot of thought into the interview process in order to get a holistic understanding of you while being mindful of your time. You will solve problems derived from the work we do on a daily basis followed by thoughtful discussions around potential fit. Whatever the outcome, we want you to have a great candidate experience.
Want to learn more about Clevertech and the team? Check out clevertech.careers.
At Close, we're building the sales communication platform of the future. With our roots as the very first sales CRM to include built-in calling, we're leading the industry toward eliminating manual processes and helping companies to close more deals (faster). Since our founding in 2013, we've grown to become a profitable, 100% globally distributed team of ~33 high-performing, happy people that are dedicated to building a product our customers love.
We ❤️open source – using dozens of open source projects with contributions to many of them, and released some of our own like ciso8601, LimitLion, SocketShark, TaskTiger, and more at https://github.com/closeio
We're looking for an experienced full-time Software Engineer to join our engineering team. Someone who has a solid understanding of web technologies and wants to help design, implement, launch, and scale major systems and user-facing features.
You should have senior level experience (~5 years) building modern back-end systems, with at least 3 years of that experience using Python.
You also have around five years experience using MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, or similar data stores. You have significant experience designing, scaling, debugging, and optimizing systems to make them fast and reliable. You have experience participating in code reviews and providing overall code quality suggestions to help maintain the structure and quality of the codebase.
You’re comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a small and talented team where you're supported in your efforts to grow professionally. You are able to manage your time well, communicate effectively and collaborate in a fully distributed team.
You are located in an American or European time zone.
Bonus point if you have...
- Contributed open source code related to our tech stack
- Led small project teams building and launching features
- Built B2B SaaS products
- Experience with sales or sales tools
Come help us with projects like...
- Conceiving, designing, building, and launching new user-facing features
- Improving the performance and scalability our API. Help expand our GraphQL implementation.
- Improving how we sync millions of sales emails each month
- Working with Twilio's API, WebSockets, and WebRTC to improve our calling features
- Building user-facing analytics features that provide actionable insights based on sales activity data
- Improving our Elasticsearch-backed powerful search features
- Improving our internal messaging infrastructure using streaming technologies like Kafka and Redis
- Building new and enhancing existing integrations with other SaaS platforms like Google’s G Suite, Zapier, and Web Conferencing providers
Why work with us?
- 100% Remote (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- 2 x Annual Team Retreats ✈️ (Lisbon Retreat Video)
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental with HSA option - 99% premiums paid (US residents)
- 5 Weeks PTO + 6 Government Holidays + Dec 24 - Jan 1 Company Holiday
- Parental Leave (10 wks primary caregiver / 4 wks secondary caregiver)
- 401k matching at 4% (US residents)
- Our story and team🚀
- Glassdoor Reviews
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practicing a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Work/Life harmony is an important part of our organization - we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 12 countries and 14 states; a collection of talented humans rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and cultures. Twice a year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another. We see these retreats as an opportunity to strengthen the social fiber of our community.
This team is growing in more ways than one - we’ve recently launched 8 babies (and counting!). Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our organization. At Close, we have a high care factor for one another, in making an awesome product and championing the success of our customers.
Interested in Close but don't think this role is the best fit for you? View our other positions.
We are a small team that moves fast, so you will be given significant responsibility. We work in multidisciplinary product teams with engineers, product managers, and designers. We maintain a healthy mix of senior engineers and exceptional junior engineers. In this role you will be responsible for helping to craft our SaaS product, mostly in the form of Rails-based microservices and React user interfaces. You will build services that consume 3rd party APIs in order to improve our product capabilities by leveraging a diversity of integrations. In addition to the individual applications you will be helping to craft our shared open and closed source libraries used across our infrastructure. Responsibilities
- Creatively solve business challenges using Rails and React
- Confidently build Rails API interfaces that are scalable, easy to document, and fun to use.
- Conceptualize and create simple solutions when adapting our product to new integrations
- Carefully manage both document and sql data stores, handling large amounts of customer data
- Work closely with product and design teams to design simple, powerful, innovative web user experiences
- Continuously improve your team's productivity through automation and process improvement
- Future-proof your work through a combination of thoughtful monitoring, automated testing, refactoring, and modularization.
- Comfortable implementing features across the entire stack
- Bonus: Expertise in Rails or React
- You have at least five years of professional experience building applications.
- You care about the details and take ownership over what you're involved in.
- You value simplicity, but also performance.
- You know how to problem solve effectively, especially when debugging and designing.
- You're a good person.
We're looking for a Senior Web Developer, who is self-starter, can think on his/her feet, play well with others, and do great work in a fast paced, agency environment and has experience developing for content management platforms such as Kentico, Sitecore and/or Sitefinity.
By bringing together like-minded people, who share common passions, who enjoy each other's company and respect each other's skills, BlueModus has created a culture where people work hard, have each other’s backs, and love what they do. Come join a team with a clear mandate to deliver high value to their clients. If you’re up for a challenge, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Work at a company that was a Finalist for 2018 Best Places to Work by Denver Business Journal and ranked #50 on 2019 Best Places to Work by Built in Colorado
- Competitive salary
- Recharge your batteries with ample paid time off that includes 9 holidays, 10 vacation, 2 personal and 5 sick days
- Get that dental checkup with full benefits - health, dental, vision and disability
- Plan for your future with our 401(k) plan + employer match
- Stay fit and healthy with our gym membership reimbursement
- Awesome office in the heart of downtown Denver right off the iconic 16th Street Mall
- Fully stocked kitchen and snack dispensers
- Catered team lunches 4 days a week, plus breakfast on Fridays
- Keg for Thirsty Thursdays
- Team building “fun” days and other company sponsored activities through the year
- Dog friendly office
- Commute in style with our RTD reimbursements or don’t commute at all with our remote work options
- Whether you’re an early riser or a snooze master, pick a schedule that works for you with flexible working hours
What You Will Be Doing:
- Responsible for billable client consulting
- Maintenance and continued enhancement of the back end of our clients' web sites and web applications
- Understanding and applying applicable development and coding standards
- Building packages and deploying software to integration environments
- Fielding technical questions from clients, other developers, project management, quality assurance, and other colleagues
- Providing development estimates for enhancement requests
- Participating actively in agile teams while learning from software architects and / or solution leads
- Investigating and resolving bugs and deficiencies in the project codebase
- Building and maintaining internal tools to streamline the software development process and enhance productivity
- Researching new software development concepts and making suggestions for improvements
- Creating and integrating features for our client solutions using the latest C#/ .NET technologies
- Writing web services, business objects, and other middle-tier framework using the .NET framework
- Actively participating in code reviews
- Championing testing and QA initiatives
- 5+ years of .NET/ASP.NET development experience using C# like Microsoft MVC, WCF, Web API, and WebForms
- 5+ years of experience with object-oriented design, software patterns, multi-threaded, debugging and refactoring
- Experience developing websites and microsites in a Content Management System (CMS) like Kentico, Sitecore, or Sitefinity
- Experience troubleshooting of CSS and HTML issues
- Experience resolving cross-browser compatibility issues
- Experience with MSSQL Server + T-SQL, creating tables, stored procedures, and data views
- Understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Mercurial or SVN
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Automated Build products like Team City, Azure DevOps, or Jenkins
- Experience with responsive and mobile site development
- Understanding of DevOps principles: sites, certs, automation, and networking
- Strong testing and QA ethic
- Experience working at in an agency environment
- Experience with agile/lean development
- Understand SEO principles
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer or electronics engineering, information technology or related
We're looking for a well-rounded and experienced full stack developer strong in both front-end (CSS, HTML, React, etc) and backend (NodeJs, Redis, Mongo, Serverless). The perfect candidate can take a mock-up, have a conversation about the feature/interaction, and can build that interaction as a working application (CSS, HTML, React, Node-based API, etc). The right fit for our team has a love for coding and learning, works well in a fully-remote environment and is a high-energy strong communicator who can join an expert team and work with limited direction. This person would have at least 3 years of professional experience and preferably experience working remotely. The Work:
- Expand and evolve our social media dashboard and analytics platform used by thousands of journalists and broadcasters worldwide
- Build new features (screens, interactions, workflows) based on mockups and wireframes
- Build APIs and services that integrate with social media APIs (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)
- Help upgrade our systems from SOA to true microservices on AWS Lambda (Serverless)
- 100% remote team
- Platform based on React + Serverless + Mongo, etc
- Mobile apps built w/ React Native
- AWS Cloud-based hosted infrastructure
- Slack, Hangouts and other online collaboration tools
- 100% remote work
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive health, wellness and career benefits package
- Trust, autonomy, empowerment
- Demonstrable experience with ReactJs and NodeJs
- 3+ years web app development experience
- 2+ years of front-end development (HTML, CSS/SASS, etc)
- 2+ years of NodeJs experience
- Fluency in Git, GitHub and source code management concepts
- Social Media APIs (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Serverless framework (AWS Lambda) experience
- Microservices and/or SOA
- Previous remote work experience
- This is a 100% remote position, communication and self-direction are incredibly important
- You'll need a dedicated workspace (with a door)
- You must have a reliable high-speed internet connection (collaboration requires bandwidth)
We’re looking for a mid to senior level remote WordPress Developer with strong WooCommerce experience to join our Tribe.
This position will be per project to start as a trial, but with the ability for full time.
- Primarily technical troubleshooting for WordPress & WooCommerce sites.
- Debugging theme and plugin issues.
- Building custom plugins to connect WordPress & WooCommerce with third party apps using existing APIs.
- Building advanced custom theme and plugin functionality.
- Auditing client code to identifying any potential security risks.
- Performing speed and performance enhancements.
- Troubleshooting and resolving MySQL related issues.
- Providing daily status updates to manager.
- Attending weekly team calls via video chat or phone.
- Performing custom WordPress migrations between servers/hosts.
- Responsive to emails/calls/chat and available to work Mon-Fri, between the hours of 8am-6pm PST.
- Strong portfolio of cleanly written, WordPress related code.
- Strong experience with WooCommerce.
- Strong experience with MySQL and can write advanced SQL queries.
- Strong experience with the WordPress and WooCommerce APIs.
- Can work with Git version control.
- Strong experience with WordPress speed and performance optimization.
- Have a fast, reliable internet connection.
- Can complete work in a timely fashion and within deadlines.
- Have fluency in both spoken and written English.
- Single developers only, please no teams.
****NOTE: ****A development test project is required as part of our hiring process.
We're searching for a senior engineer with extensive experience building web applications that combine solid architecture, security and scalability with a focus on customer experience. You will be a vital team player who is able to balance the core platform requirements of the business with the ability to embrace new technology and best-practice innovations in the sector. Creating web services with a keen focus on API consumability is second nature. You are comfortable working on large projects, taking them forward and making recommendations to the direction they take based on evidence provided by hard data. You can spot a well designed API and have proven experience working with and developing critical APIs at scale. Split at a glance
- A single app, with a large pipeline of new integrating clients.
- Stack snapshot: Rails, RSpec, PostgreSQL, Redis, Puma, Yarn, Webpack, AWS.
- Process management: Asana, GitHub.
- TDD with 100% coverage (according to Simplecov).
- We ?? code reviews.
- Design, develop and iterate through new features.
- Provide insight and advice to other key stakeholders.
- Review and mentor other team members. Be a team player!
- Ensure production-ready high code quality.
- Continually consider the product from both a holistic and specific view-point.
- Security reviews.
- Technical planning with proven experience designing APIs with scale and security in
- Comfortable with CSS, HTML and associated front end technologies.
- Familiar with CI/CD processes.
- Highly attentive to detail (nothing is too small to notice or correct).
- DevOps and AWS
- Modern JS and frameworks (ES2018, React, Redux, etc )
- Be assiduous.
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- Be respectful.
- Be flexible.
- Be proactive.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics.
- Competitive salary package commensurate with experience.
- Great employment benefits and working situation (remote friendly).
- Rapid career advancement opportunities.
- Read more about our approach at http://www.splitpayments.com.au/careers
Narrative is building the first global data marketplace. It has often been said that data is the new currency. Unfortunately, maximizing the value of data is often easier said than done. On one side, transacting via individual point to point integrations carries a lot of overhead in both business development and technical integration efforts. On the other, going through big aggregators introduces opacity in the pricing and provenance of the data. At Narrative, we help our customers get value from their data by building a central auction platform to reduce the friction and tooling to increase the transparency in this process.
We are a small, early stage team looking for great developers who want to jump in and take major systems and user-facing features from design to launch. Here’s where we are now:
We are operating in Amazon Web Services. Our services are mainly deployed on EC2 provisioned with Terraform.
We also heavily use other technology on AWS such as DynamoDB, S3, and RDS.
Our backend includes a data ingestion web service with supporting Kinesis consumers, along with a growing array of Spark projects. It’s written mostly in Scala, with a smattering of Python for lambda functions.
We sit somewhere in the middle of the “Scala as a worse Haskell” and “Scala as a better Java” spectrum. We love functional programming and we do make use of libraries like cats, but at the same time we heavily favor core language features and have no intention of rewriting everything using Free Monads.
Our web app UI is written in Typescript with Angular2 and a supporting API running on Node, and is deployed and monitored using much the same supporting tech as the backend.
Other services we use include: GitHub, CircleCI, DataDog.
Here are some examples of projects that we would like some help with:
Interactive tools to help buyers discover the data they need to accomplish their business objectives.
Interactive tools to help sellers maximize the yield from the data that they are selling.
Data analytics pipelines to drive the interactive report UIs. For example: reports for yield forecasting and deal pre-qualification.
The ideal candidate should:
Thoroughly understand the HTTP lifecycle and how the browser interacts with web APIs.
Enjoy building fast, user-friendly UIs.
Not be afraid of contributing to the entire stack when the need arises, given that frontend doesn’t simply mean HTML/CSS. For instance, a feature might require
some metrics to be computed from a Spark Report
creating a MySQL migration script
tweaking S3 permissions and terraform scripts for deployment
We are not looking for a 100% fit on all the technology buzzwords, but we are looking for someone with strong technical skills who is eager to pick up new technologies as necessary.
We are building the team with a remote-first mindset, and as a result every team member is expected to have an ability to synthesize business requirements, distill the domain, contribute to high-level design documents, efficiently communicate asynchronously, and more generally work autonomously toward a shared vision.
Continuously investing in quality (code quality, tests, pull request reviews, refactoring…) is part of our strategy to sustainably maximize the business value we deliver.
Apply at [email protected]
Find out more about Company Culture.
More about the hiring process.
A day in the life of a dev.
At Igalia, we have positions open on our graphics team, which has a particular focus on Linux graphics. The graphics team at Igalia is geographically distributed and incorporates a wide variety of expertise including the OpenGL and Vulkan APIs, open-source GPU drivers (Mesa), as well as many other layers of the graphics stack.
Good English communication skills, both written and spoken.
Capacity to work autonomously in a distributed environment.
Programming experience in C (C++ experience is a bonus).
Good understanding of the open-source development model and practices.
None of these skills are required beforehand, but they represent the sort of skills that members of the graphics team use for their day-to-day tasks.
Understanding of modern GPU hardware.
Familiarity with 3D APIs (Vulkan, OpenGL, Metal, or DirectX).
Experience contributing to open-source projects, especially those involving the Linux graphics stack.
Development experience in Mesa and open-source GPU drivers.
Development experience in display technologies such as X11 or Wayland.
Development of UI toolkits (GTK+, Qt, etc) and/or desktop shells and compositors (GNOME shell, etc).
Willingness to represent Igalia at events and speak about our work at relevant conferences.
Igalia is a remote-friendly working environment, enabling employees all over the world to participate fully in the company culture. Our team includes employees based in Asia, Europe and America, spanning both timezones and cultures.
One of the core principles of Igalia is equality, so we feel a deep and continual obligation to acknowledge and counter the structural discrimination that permeates our industry and our world. In a practical sense this means that we use principles of diversity and inclusion to help shape company policy and to maintain a safe and just work environment. We also feel that one of the best ways to accomplish these goals is to grow and maintain the diversity of Igalia itself. We welcome applicants regardless of their age, disability, gender, race, marital status, religion, sexual orientation or whatever type of systemic discrimination that they have faced.
Send us your CV, accompanied by a brief cover letter by filling the form below. Happy hacking!
Please fill in the form below, all fields marked with an asterisk (*) must be completed.
If you have any further question please feel free to contact us.
Theorem is a software consultancy that believes in using simple tools to solve problems. We build custom systems for both startups and enterprises - You can see our portfolio for more information about our clients.
Our main offices are in Los Angeles and New York, but we work remotely with people from all around the world.
Our engineers have experience in a consultative environment, excellent communication skills and a desire to work with talented teams building innovative products. We work closely with our clients, sharing our experience to help them better define their products.
The ideal candidate has experience working with React and Redux and has a thorough understanding of the options and tools available for managing an application’s state and their underlying functional programming concepts.
Skills & Requirements:
Smart, gets things done.
Excellent communication skills.
Passionate about software development.
Experience working in a distributed company.
Open minded and always learning.
Experience with React and Redux.
5 + years of professional experience
Duties & Responsibilities:
Architect and build web applications.
Work with product designers and clients to clarify requirements.
Plan, estimate and prioritize work in a collaborative team.
You like to get the work done! You want to collaborate in a consultative environment and guide our clients in best practices in order to achieve great project success in addition to contributing to the growth of a great company. We want to know more about you!
Theorem (previously Citrusbyte) is an innovation and engineering company that advises clients on product strategy, engineering, design, and culture, then partners with them to build and launch technology-driven solutions to their most complex problems. Theorem is chosen by clients when results matter most — becoming the agent of change, and driving a transformation that involves not only technology, but also people, process and leadership. Founded in 2007, and headquartered in Los Angeles, Theorem's global team of engineers, designers, technologists, researchers, strategists, and advisors, has deep expertise across a broad variety of industries including consumer electronics, automotive, manufacturing, supply chain, healthcare, finance, and entertainment.
While we have offices in LA and New York, we work remotely with team members around the world
100% REMOTE - Work from your remote location if you are not called to travel to client site
TEAM RETREATS - We get together at an inspiring location to meet, work and play
HEALTHY BODY, HEALTHY MIND - HAPPY TEAM - We offer vacation and support healthy lifestyles through our physical fitness and continuing education benefits program.
Join us if you want to work on the next generation web publishing platform. Work on our CMS, use powerful technology like GraphQL, node.js, and OpenResty on our robust AWS infrastructure. Monitor, build, and scale a node.js, MongoDB, and redis stack on a resilient AWS deployment all coordinated by Rancher, Terraform, and running on Docker. Architect and implement a performant web publishing platform for people of all backgrounds. We are working on some incredible products and we need your expertise to do it.
You probably haven’t run into a company like Olark before.
We are 32 people distributed around the globe working together to fundamentally change the way people communicate with businesses. We care deeply about customer service which is reflected in our All Hands Support model. Our passion and dedication for our over 10,000 customers is a direct result of our people centric org model. We’ve been around for 10 years (!), are bootstrapped, and have an award-winning customer support team.
Do you love providing great customer support and have meticulous attention to detail? Do you enjoy working through bugs, solving problems, and creating sustainable solutions? If so, keep reading, because we are looking for a new member to join our incredible customer support team.
You will play a pivotal role in helping define our customer support culture by contributing to our positive organization and fulfilling our company goals to provide the best possible experience to our customers. We do this by building user-facing web applications and infrastructure to help thousands of people build stronger connections with their customers via real-time web chat.
This is a fully remote position. You must be based in the Eastern time zone within the United States or Canada. This is to ensure we have adequate range of support at all times of the day.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
Frontline support: interacting with existing and potential customers, primarily via Olark chat and email, and occasionally over the phone, Zoom, or social media.
Technical support and solutions: working with our customers and other Olarkers to identify (and build!) technical solutions.
What we expect of you:
2+ years of public facing customer support experience.
Experience working with CRM and helpdesk software such as Salesforce, Helpscout and Zendesk.
Excellent written and spoken English-language proficiency; proficiency in other languages is icing on the cake!
You must LOVE chatting with people and solving problems.
You have incredible skills at communicating technical issues to both engineers and to new users of all skill levels.
Experience with, or willingness to try, working remotely.
Interest in building your career within CS: working on projects that directly impact the culture and effectiveness of the CS team.
You can expect a lot from us:
First off, make sure to read about our team culture at olark.com/jobs, and our values at olark.com/values. Beyond what you see there, as a member of our support team you can expect:
A great remote culture and team: Even though we’re geographically dispersed, our team makes the effort to connect to one another and we provide in person opportunities to further enhance that bond. We genuinely like each other.
A life outside of work: Olarkers generally work 40 hour weeks. Work is a marathon, not a sprint. We are building a company for the long haul.
We value your time to do focused work: We have one weekly required customer support meeting and a team wide sync. We appreciate and take advantage of the time we have to get in sync, but we also deeply value and respect our time to think and do focused work.
Olark is committed to diversity in its workforce. Olark is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status.
Olark Live Chat connects you to the right customer, in the right place, at the right time.
We are looking for a truly great product person to lead all areas of product management at ChartMogul.
As Director of Product Management, you will be in charge of overseeing all product work related to the improvement of ChartMogul's products, and leading a small and highly capable product team. Due to the size of the product team, this is very much a "player-coach" role, where the majority of the time will be spent as practitioner rather than people manager.
In this role, you will also lead execution of the product roadmap by prioritizing projects, dividing work among the product team, specifying new features, mocking up functionality, and working closely with our Engineering team to build, test, and rollout features and updates. Last, but not least, you will actively seek out feedback from customers to deeply understand their problems and find simple and innovative ways to approach those problems and develop sustainable solutions.
You will become a domain expert in different business models, the analytics and features that are meaningful to each, the solutions currently in the market, and the problems people face trying to gain insight into their businesses.
- You are known to isolate user pain points and devise simple solutions to complex problems
- You have passion and intuition for product quality and strong critical thinking and analysis skills to match
- You have a knack for articulating and distilling complex topics in simple, plain, English
- You have several years of experience in product management, ideally for a SaaS product in the B2B market
- Your technical aptitude and interpersonal skills enable you to work productively with Engineering teams
- You can understand our entire stack - from front-end to the API to data model
- You are an excellent communicator (verbal and written) and can adapt to a range of different audiences
- You have people management/leadership experience and enjoy coaching and seeing people develop
- You are self-aware and humble - you recognize that the team's success is your success
Nice to have:
- Some experience in the Analytics/BI market
- Experience with data visualisation
At GitLab, our team of technical writers is responsible for ensuring that the documentation for all of our products is clear, correct, and easy to use. We are looking for great writers with strong technical proficiencies who will help our users succeed with our rapidly evolving suite of developer tools.
You’ll collaborate with our engineers, who write the first draft of docs for the new features they create. You’ll dive in on special projects, authoring new content and working on new site features and processes. You’ll collaborate with others across the organization to craft tutorials and other educational resources. You’ll be at the leading edge of DevOps while contributing to one of the world’s largest open-source projects and engaging with our wider community.
GitLab is an all-remote company, and this is a remote position with no geographical requirements.
- Continuously improve GitLab’s documentation content in collaboration with engineers, product managers, and others.
- Review and edit doc plans and content for all new and enhanced features.
- Produce written and video tutorials for getting started with GitLab features and for specific use cases.
- Help developers and other members of the community who have documentation-related questions.
- Identify and address content gaps or the need for additional media such as diagrams or videos.
- Participate in reviews and revamps of section or page content and structure.
- Help review and triage incoming suggestions, corrections, and other content from the community.
- Continuously improve GitLab’s documentation site features and user experience in collaboration with engineers and other technical writers. This may include the documentation site’s design, search, build process, feedback methods, SEO, visitor analytics, versioning, and other technical components.
- Contribute to the planning and code of new site features and enhancements.
- Coordinate with frontend and backend engineers when their help is needed.
- Contribute to the improvement of team process and style, as well as cross-functional efforts.
- Act as a reviewer of release blog posts and contributor to GitLab’s Handbook.
- Make it easy for contributors from the community—internal and external—to submit quality documentation.
- Contribute to the documentation Style Guide and documentation process guides.
- Collaborate and improve upon collaborative processes with others including product managers, Support, Marketing, Engineering, and the wider GitLab community.
- You have:
- An affinity for managing and writing software documentation.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Understanding of what makes documentation clear and effective.
- Great teaching skills that translate into amazing written work.
- Familiarity with the Linux or Mac command line.
- Experience using Git, HTML/CSS, and at least one programming language (though this does not need to be from a professional context).
- You are:
- Highly organized; able to triage and prioritize numerous issues and projects.
- Able to succeed in a remote, globally distributed work environment.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
You’ll receive special consideration if you have experience with:
- Static site generators and managing docs as code.
- DevOps tools.
- Advanced programming or other technical experience.
Our hiring process is described in more detail in our Handbook's Hiring section. When you apply, please include a cover letter that describes why you are interested in this position and in what ways you are well-qualified for it.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.Remote-CHAR
- Continuously improve GitLab’s documentation content in collaboration with engineers, product managers, and others.