The best remote jobs, hand-picked daily.Post a job for $299
US citizen or ability to work in the United States without sponsorshipTL;DR: Why Consider This Position?* We have a commitment to transparency and offer a "no surprises experience" throughout the interview and hiring process.* We practice and preach sound development practices. You are likely to learn and grow as a developer while working here.* Our pay and benefits will be somewhere between good and great, depending on what you are used to and where you live (see below for specifics).* You will have the option of working from home or our office, whatever suits you best. Let's make the most of our time and minimize commuting when not necessary.* We have a no-drama office policy. We value and cultivate enjoyable working relationships among team members.* We emphasize work/life balance and adopt policies that make sure our people don't get burnt out. For instance, our PTO/Vacation policies are designed so that you actually use them.* A commitment to Agile Principles while not being enslaved to any particular methodology.* You like building full stack web applications with technologies like Python, React, SQL, etc.* You are committed to automated testing of all the software you write (our apps typically have 92%+ test coverage).* You recognize that there is a lot of idealism in the software development community and are not disenchanted with the the day-to-day realities of programming.* You like working independently but can contribute to a team as needed* If you apply, we will give you a yay or nay response. No black holes here!The position we have open is for a Senior Developer. Senior Developers usually have 6-10 years relevant experience and meet the following requirements:1. Technical Skills* Are able to write modular, well-tested, and maintainable code* Know at least two software development domains (SQL, Front-End, Back-End) really well and are capable of radiating that knowledge to our team and beyond* Are able to work on multiple projects as needed2. Leadership* Leads the design for customer projects with feedback from other engineers* Proposes new ideas for improving the development team, customer projects, and/or our tech stack* Adheres to and promotes our development culture and mission* For Team Leads (see below): invests in other team members to see that they are growing as individuals and to facilitate productivity within our team.3. Code quality* Leaves code in substantially better shape than before* Fixes bugs/regressions quickly* Monitors overall code quality/build failures* Creates tests religiously and makes sure the rest of the team is doing the same* Proactively identifies and reduces technical debt* Proactively defines and solves important architectural issues that may hinder development4. Communication* Provides thorough and timely code feedback for peers* Able to communicate clearly on technical topics* Keeps issues up-to-date with progress* Helps guide other merge requests to completion* Helps with recruiting and interviewing* Is able to manage conversations directly with customer contacts when needed.5. Performance & Scalability* Excellent at writing production-ready code with little assistance* Able to write complex code that can scale with a significant number of users* Avoids premature optimization
LeadershipIn addition to the leadership expectations noted above, some of our senior developers will also be involved in leading other developers and interacting with customers. We realize not every senior developer is as good with people as they are with code and that’s ok. We need and value individual contributors. But if you like and are good at interacting with people, we will have opportunities for you to lead teams and/or projectsUS citizen or ability to work in the United States without sponsorship
We're looking for a well-rounded and experienced full stack developer strong in both front-end (CSS, HTML, React, etc) and backend (NodeJs, Redis, Mongo, Serverless). The perfect candidate can take a mock-up, have a conversation about the feature/interaction, and can build that interaction as a working application (CSS, HTML, React, Node-based API, etc). The right fit for our team has a love for coding and learning, works well in a fully-remote environment and is a high-energy strong communicator who can join an expert team and work with limited direction. This person would have at least 3 years of professional experience and preferably experience working remotely. The Work:
- Expand and evolve our social media dashboard and analytics platform used by thousands of journalists and broadcasters worldwide
- Build new features (screens, interactions, workflows) based on mockups and wireframes
- Build APIs and services that integrate with social media APIs (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)
- Help upgrade our systems from SOA to true microservices on AWS Lambda (Serverless)
- 100% remote team
- Platform based on React + Serverless + Mongo, etc
- Mobile apps built w/ React Native
- AWS Cloud-based hosted infrastructure
- Slack, Hangouts and other online collaboration tools
- 100% remote work
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive health, wellness and career benefits package
- Trust, autonomy, empowerment
- Demonstrable experience with ReactJs and NodeJs
- 3+ years web app development experience
- 2+ years of front-end development (HTML, CSS/SASS, etc)
- 2+ years of NodeJs experience
- Fluency in Git, GitHub and source code management concepts
- Social Media APIs (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Serverless framework (AWS Lambda) experience
- Microservices and/or SOA
- Previous remote work experience
- This is a 100% remote position, communication and self-direction are incredibly important
- You'll need a dedicated workspace (with a door)
- You must have a reliable high-speed internet connection (collaboration requires bandwidth)
7 Cups’ mission is to empower every human to care for one another. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2013, 7 Cups’ has significantly expanded access to emotional support and behavioral health. We are currently the largest mental health system in the world. Over 2 million people from almost every country on the planet (191/195) in 152 different languages use the platform each month. We are living in a world with an immense love deficit. Many of us are not receiving the love we need to reach our true potential and to truly thrive. We are solving this huge problem, and trying to change the stigma around mental health.
7Cups is seeking a Full Stack Engineer, to join to our quickly growing team. You will build efficient programs and systems that best serve our users; work with other developers and product managers throughout the software development life cycle. This is a critical time for us as we recently won a multi million dollar contract with the state of California. We will be growing a lot over the next year. We're going to the next level as organization and our platform is also going to grow and evolve. It's an exciting time to be apart of the team.
What you’ll do:
- Code and test software based upon software specifications and design
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in existing software
- Analyze and study complex systems requirements
- Prepare design documentation
- Write and maintain technical documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with stakeholders throughout the organization
What you bring:
- 1-2 years of software developer experience
- You love to code and do it for fun!
- At least 6 months professional experience with React Native
- Understanding of OOP, data structures, and algorithms.
- Experience with one or more of our core technologies React, Node.js, PHP
- Creative, constructive problem solver
- Diligent, persistent worker
- Quick learner, collaborative, willing to question, eager to learn
- BS or BA in CS or comparable degree.
What you get:
- Remote-first culture, work where you want
- Built-in focus on professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement through meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous PTO policy promoting rest for mind/body/soul
Equal Employment Opportunities at 7Cups:
7Cups is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. 7Cups believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
While this is a remote position, there are often meetings at 9 a.m. ET. Something to take into consideration. Mountain Time, Central Time, or Eastern Time preferred.
- Experience working and collaborating with teams
- Experience in Linux and command line a must
- Work with React
- Experience with Functional programming is highly desirable
- You know how to architect all components of a frontend project
- You have experience reading API documentation and working with different endpoints to compose the desired effect
- You know how to run projects through solid processes (things like code reviews, reviewing stories, planning)
- Picks up new technologies quickly and efficiently
- Uses Git effectively
- Know how to create tests and why it's important
- Knowledge of OOP and software design principles
- Driven, ambitious, and interested in tech
- Acumen. You must be able to think of and judge multiple solutions for a problem and be able to reason between them.
- You’re aware of how to build secure apps
- You know how to optimize frontend load times, debug rendering issues, and overall provide a smooth experience to the user.
- Knowledge of responsive frontends
- You know C#, Ruby, Python or Go. IMPORTANT. You don't have to be an expert in backend tech, but you'll need to understand how to integrate with the backend guys.
- You’ve practiced continuous integration
- You've tinkered with Docker
- Require JS/Webpack/Browserify is a bonus, too.
- You’re interested in startups
- Great mentorship and company culture
- Remote work
- Challenging work and interesting projects
- Healthcare benefits package
- Fun office space in Wynwood (Miami - if you so choose