The best remote jobs, hand-picked daily.Post a job for $299
We're looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join the engineering team at Zapier. Want to create a simple product that allows anyone to do complex, incredible things with the world's APIs? Then keep reading!
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Even though our job description may seem like we're looking for a specific candidate, the role inevitably ends up tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if:
You care deeply about improving frontend technology so our customers can have a great experience using our product.
You love great UX. You spend most of your time coding, but you also have an eye for great design and a feel for great UX. Maybe you were once a designer (or still are) or maybe your creative outlet has always been the code. Either way, you care about more than just the code.
You can balance lots of concerns. Frontend apps have to take into account performance (using networks and devices that we can't control), customer demands, A/B tests, UX research, code quality, a rapidly changing ecosystem of languages and modules, and the list goes on. And we actually want to ship things too! You can balance those demands without getting overwhelmed and keep the needle moving forward.
You love helping others. You love sharing knowledge with the rest of your team, building shared tooling for other engineers, giving back to the open-source community, and directly helping customers.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Research, guide, and execute frontend architecture changes, including but by no means limited to GraphQL, server-side React rendering, and Flow typing.
- Build reusable React components with modular CSS, manage data on the client with Redux and GraphQL, and test everything with Jest.
- Measure and resolve performance bottlenecks, using tools like Chrome DevTools, Lighthouse, WebPagetest, or custom tooling.
- Work closely with our product, design, and UX teams to create amazing and intuitive experiences that make it effortless to connect different apps together.
- Help put tools, processes, and documentation in place to improve our code quality.
- Review code written by other team members or other teams.
- Ship to hundreds of thousands of users every day while having lots of autonomy in terms of code and feature ownership.
- Work with complex and varied data structures (APIs can be a little, uh, eccentric).
- Help out with our Python backend or Node-based developer platform.
- Share what you know and learn either one-on-one or with lightning talks to the group.
- Give back to the community via open source and blog posts.
- Experiment: this is a startup so everything can change as we experiment with doing more custom partnership work
- As a part of Zapier's all-hands philosophy, help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible.
You’ll also have the opportunity to specialize in a variety of areas of the Zapier codebase, including core product or platform development. Focusing on a specialization will not limit your area for growth at Zapier as each engineer brings a unique perspective and can contribute differently in all areas. We encourage participation and will frequently have engineers contribute across teams to assist in projects.
For the past six years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: Planet Earth.
If you want to work remote, that's great. If you want to work near others, that's cool too. Our team of 100+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don't have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US-based employees.
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
At Sourcegraph, we are building a better, smarter foundation for software development. The innovations of the future will all rely on code and by empowering software developers today, we can bring the future sooner. You can learn more about our mission by reading our our master plan.
Our product (code search, code intelligence, browser extensions, etc.) is open source, and is already deployed to paying customers with small and large engineering organizations across the world. Visit our homepage to learn why companies use Sourcegraph.
In addition to competitive pay and equity, we provide many benefits to keep you happy, healthy, and productive.
- Help build Sourcegraph, a multi-tier application (web, CLI, browser extensions, API, data stores, services) written primarily in TypeScript (frontend) and Go (backend).
- Have the freedom to creatively tackle various CS challenges while building products and infrastructure that are fundamental to the growth and success of the business.
- Have the opportunity to interact directly with our customers to help them deploy/configure our software, and solve issues that they encounter.
- Plan your own work each month based on company goals and customer feedback.
- Publish blog posts and give conference talks about your work at Sourcegraph.
As a senior member of the team, you will:
- Help set the technical direction of various projects.
- Mentor and teach other team members.
Take a look at our public near-term product roadmap for examples of projects you could work on at Sourcegraph.
- A track record of delivering high-quality products with attention to scalability and UX.
- Experience working with APIs and distributed systems.
- Passion for the craft of software development and good engineering practices.
- You apply here.
- We set up a 30 minute call to chat with you about Sourcegraph to find out what you are looking for in your next role.
- We give you a take home coding assignment which won't take you more than 2 hours to finish.
- We schedule a few more hours of technical and non-technical interviews. We're happy to fly you out to our San Francisco office, or conduct the remaining interviews over video chat, whatever works best for you.
- We check your references.
- We make you a job offer.
We also expect you to be interviewing us too, so ask us any questions you have along the way.
If you aren't ready to start interviewing, but are interested to stop by our San Francisco office to meet the team, let us know!
Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we embrace diversity and welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
Were looking for a Back End Engineer to join the engineering team at Zapier. Want to create a simple product that allows anyone to do complex, incredible things with the worlds APIs? Then keep reading! We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope youll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
- Help scale a fast-growing and unique system our workflow engine connects with thousands of APIs across thousands of servers
- Plan and build product features directly impact how our customers can be more productive
- Improve our developer platform directly impact the way partner devs add their apps to Zapier
- Ship code to millions of users every week
- Work with hundreds of different API integrations
- Give back to the community via open source and blog posts
- Experiment: this is a startup so everything can change
- As a part of Zapiers all-hands philosophy, help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible.
- Competitive salary (we dont use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. Well set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isnt a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and youll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
Who are we?
Plato is a new type of design agency. We empower people to do what they love from anywhere in the world. Our vision is to blend the best of human creativity with the power of Machine Learning to reimagine collaboration with each other, and partnership with our clients.
We believe that if you hire talented folks, lead with trust, and give people the tools they need to succeed, then creativity will come. Our team is completely distributed, but we’re building new modes of operation together.
Our team leverages technology to collaborate because we want to, dives into deep work when we need to, and (every so often) connects in real life because we like to. With us, you get the opportunity to be curious and collaborate with passionate peers, without sacrificing autonomy or career ownership.
Plato is proud to be backed by Y Combinator and some of Silicon Valley’s best investors. Join us on our untraditional, inspiring journey.
What We're Building
Plato’s engineering team focuses on managing the complex flow of tasks, assets, and data between clients, creatives, and Plato agency staff, leveraging a workflow system to encode the processes for each types of design projects.
We strive to:
- enable our clients to request new design projects and provide feedback
- let creatives in our network submit work and iterate
- empower our agency team to oversee many projects with minimal coordination overhead
Roles & Responsibilities
- designing and building our core workflow engine
- integrating or replacing the software tools used for managing agency processes
- instrumenting and measuring efficiency metrics to help understand agency capacity
- discovering and proposing optimizations to the agency team’s workflows
Your Working Style
- Strong Written Communication Skills: Plato is a remote-first team. In order to work effectively as a distributed team, it’s important to capture our thinking in a way that’s useful for asynchronous collaborators. - note about cover letters being required?
- Productive Laziness: Plato’s goal is to scale beyond what other agencies have been able to accomplish. This involves relentlessly chasing down mundane tasks that can be automated, in order to free up creative thinkers to do what they do best. Successful Plato engineers will have found ways to automate their personal tasks or engineering workflows and enjoy analyzing existing processes and looking for optimizations.
- Empathy for Users and Colleagues: We believe that engineers who genuinely care about their colleagues and users will be more effective in spotting potential improvements and in prioritizing tactical fixes that help users alongside the team’s core engineering work.
- >= 5 years Web Development Experience: We are looking for engineers who can take ownership of large parts of our architecture. This requires thoughtful tradeoffs such as when to incur technical debt vs when to engineer something more robustly. We believe this kind of skill is earned through a track record of building and owning substantial systems.
- JS/React and Python: Though we use a Python/Django API backend with a React frontend, we believe that candidates with the right attitude and a willingness to learn are more likely to succeed than those with resumes that happen to contain the exact list of technologies we work with. This was our policy at the last company we founded (URX YC S’13), and lifelong learning is a core part of our engineering culture.
- System Architecture: Independent of the tech stack, it’s important to understand various options for integrating a multi-component system through queues, databases, micro services, etc.
About the TeamThe Recommendations team at Scribd owns the platform to create personalized recommendations for Scribd users. Creating effective recommendations for books and documents is a crucial part of highlighting the right set of content to Scribd users, based on the inference of their preferences. The Recommendations team uses state of the art technologies in Data Analytics and Machine Learning to provide a scalable, high performance solution to create personalized recommendations for millions of users.We are continuously innovating and improving the capabilities of the Recommendations Platform to achieve high levels of user engagement by creating personalized recommendations. We’re looking for engineers who have a strong expertise in creating robust and highly scalable data processing solutions using large scale Data Analytics and Machine Learning technologies.Key Responsibilities• You'll be responsible for driving the innovation on the Recommendations Platform to enhance existing features as well as build new capabilities to create personalized recommendations.• Owning the design and development of critical components of the Recommendations Platform.• Analyzing customer activity using technologies such as Hive and Spark to identify the core set of attributes used for Data Analytics and Machine Learning models.• Implementing complex Machine Learning algorithms using technologies such as Spark ML to create personalized recommendations of books, documents and other content.• Owning the interface between the Recommendations Platform and the UI frontend to provide a low latency, highly available API.• Working closely with the Data Science team to design and execute A/B tests, analyze metrics, understand KPIs and identify next steps to continuously improve the user experience.• Collaborating with cross functional teams to review requirements and owning design and implementation activities for cross-team dependencies.About You• You’re a strong hands on Software Engineer who enjoys owning core components of the platform and creating highly scalable solutions to complex problems.• You are always learning and always working to improve your craft.• You are passionate about achieving cross team collaboration and setting best practices for the team in areas such as architecture, design, coding, code reviews and production rollout.Requirements• 3+ years of experience in design and development of large scale platforms/services.• Familiarity with developing Machine Learning models using Spark ML or other ML frameworks and using A/B testing to measure effectiveness.• Experience in Ruby, Hive, Spark and Scala would be a plus.• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience.
At Medium, words matter. We are building the best place for reading and writing on the interneta place where todays smartest writers, thinkers, experts, and storytellers can share big, interesting ideas; a place where ideas are judged on the value they provide to readers, not the fleeting attention they can attract for advertisers.We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer that will design, build, ship and maintain our business critical Data Platform. In this role you will lead development of both transactional and data warehouse designs mentoring our team of cross functional engineers and Data Scientists. You'll also design, implement and tune tables, queries, stored procedures, and indexes.At Medium, we are proud of our product, our team, and our culture. Mediums website and mobile apps are accessed by millions of users each day. Our mission is to move thinking forward by providing a place where individuals, along with publishers, can share stories and their perspectives. Behind this beautifully-crafted platform is our engineering team who works seamlessly together. From frontend to API, from data collection to product science, Medium engineers work multi-functionally with open communication and feedback.
What Will You Do
- Youll work on high impact projects that improve data availability and quality, and provide reliable access to data for the rest of the business
- Design, architect and support new and existing data and ETL pipelines and recommend improvements and modifications.
- Create optimal data pipeline architecture and systems.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional and non-functional business requirements.
- Be responsible for ingesting data into our data warehouse and providing frameworks and services for operating on that data including the use of Spark.
- Analyze, debug and correct issues with data pipelines
- Communicate strategies and processes around data modeling and architecture to multi-functional groups and senior level management.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Spark and AWS technologies.
- You will build widely used data pipelines and tools making critical business data available to other teams.
- You have at least 5 years of experience implementing complex ETL pipelines preferably in connection with Hadoop or Spark.
- You have lots of experience writing complex SQL and ETL processes
- You have exceptional coding and design skills, particularly in Java/Scala and Python.
- You've worked with large data volumes, including processing, transforming and transporting large-scale data
- You have hands-on experience with AWS and services like EC2, SQS, SNS, RDS, Cache etc.
- You have a BS in Computer Science / Software Engineering or equivalent experience.
- You have knowledge of Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark (including pyspark), Spark streaming, Kafka, Scala, Python, and similar technology stacks
- You have a strong understanding & usage of algorithms and data structures.
Nice To Have
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun yet challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media. Medium is an equal opportunity employer.
- Spark data pipeline and or streaming experience
- Redshift knowledge and operational experience
- Machine Learning expertise
BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists. Were already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like LinkedIn, Salesforce, Visa, Deloitte, and Logitech.
This is a remote role, anywhere in the US!
Your responsibilities will include
Product Engineer - Collaborate with designers and stakeholders to craft consumer grade experiences with SPA frontend (Ember) and RESTful backend (Ruby on Rails).
Lean and Agile Owner - Collaborate with cross functional teams to distill and synthesize requirements into discreet and meaningful iterations that can be implemented quickly to facilitate tight feedback loops and learning via data and metrics. Leverage Lean Startup and Agile methodologies along with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment infrastructure to rapidly prototype and validate ideas.
Data Spelunker - Answer business questions and influence product roadmap decisions using statistical analysis, ad-hoc reporting, or machine learning algorithms for offline modeling. Enable team members to answer questions with data systems and processes that leverage quantitative and qualitative inputs.
Operational Maintainer - Build scalable and tolerant systems using container technologies (Docker) and cloud infrastructure (AWS) as well as internal tooling to accelerate product development cycles.
You will be successful if you
Act as an owner - It’s not done until it’s in production. Adept at moving projects forward and able to unblock projects regardless of role on the project.
Do less, deliver more - Familiar with the terms YAGNI and yak shaving? Focus your efforts on high impact initiatives that really move the needle.
Impress yourself - We hold ourselves to a quality above and beyond something that “just gets it done”. Each line of code is an opportunity to blend craftsmanship with playfulness.
Collaborate without ego - Willing to take on roles small or large in order to further the mission at hand.
Stay on your edge - Continuously learning and applying emerging technologies. Pushing yourself and your team to new heights.
And if you have
5+ years relevant experience, at least part of which in a startup environment
Alignment with BetterUp mission and enabling behavior change
Succeeded in a remote work environment
Frontline maintainer of "production" consumer application (volume, support, debugging)
Strong experience with automated testing patterns
Ruby on Rails, Ember.js, Gitflow, Docker
Experienced in Agile product development processes (SCRUM, Kanban, Lean Startup, etc)
Expert in current web technologies (HTTP, REST, Web Sockets, etc)
Strong verbal and written communication
We provide amazing benefits, but if you ask the team, they’ll tell you that the greatest benefit we offer employees is an incredibly meaningful mission and transformative work.
Full coverage medical, dental and vision insurance
Unlimited use, at your own discretion, vacation policy
14 paid annual holidays
5 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
5 “Volunteer Days” to give back
Professional development through BetterUp coaching for you and a significant other
401(k) self contribution
A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
Auth0, a global leader in Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS), provides thousands of enterprise customers with a Universal Identity Platform for their web, mobile, IoT, and internal applications. Its extensible platform seamlessly authenticates and secures more than 2.5B logins per month, making it loved by developers and trusted by global enterprises. Auth0 has raised more than $110 million to date and continues its global growth at a rapid pace. We are consistently recognized as a great place to work based our outstanding leadership and dedication to company culture, and are looking for the best people to join our incredible team spread across more than 35 countries!
Auth0 is looking for experienced full stack software engineer to join Service Management - Administration Experience Team. This team is responsible for delivering exceptional subscription administration experience to our customers throughout their relationship with Auth0. The mission of this group is to bring comprehensive, trustworthy, and clear visibility into how a customer’s subscription is organized, consumed, and supported as a service.
Are you passionate about working in a remote, multi-functional, multicultural team together with other software engineers, product designer and product owner - all living in different timezones?
Do you have software engineering expertise, dedicated business driven approach to problem solving, self-direction, and a strong believe that the team can achieve more than each of its members individually?
Our current technology stack is node.js on the backend and React on the frontend, MongoDB and PostgreSQL for storing data and RabbitMQ as message queue.
We will consider candidates located in GMT-5 to GMT+1 time zones.
You will 😊
Join a multi-functional remote team to own our products from top to bottom.
Participate in both product discovery and product delivery cycles and have real impact on the products owned by the team.
Collaborate with other specialists and teams to develop new features, APIs, improvements, and fixes to handle our current and future scale.
Be a part of the team's on-call rotations.
Debug and resolve production issues and implement fixes for them.
Help our customers have an awesome experience with our products especially in the areas of subscription, tenant and customer teams management.
You'd be a great fit if you ❤️
Have a deep understanding of designing, writing, running, maintaining and debugging applications across the whole stack in one or more of the technologies listed above.
Enjoy being part of a highly collaborative, remote-friendly environment.
Have the ability to be self-directed and be effective working independently, yet feel equally comfortable contributing in a team environment.
Work well with technical and non-technical people to deliver high-value results.
Believe that writing code is just the tool to solve customer problems and solving them is what really matters.
Have business driven approach to software development and are focused on the outcomes rather than outputs.
Bonus points if you 👍
Have experience working in distributed teams and work environments.
Have experience solving problems connected with subscription management, teams access management and access auditing in SaaS products.
Like to mentor and coach other engineers.
Have experience in developing services that integrates with Salesforce.
Have knowledge in the identity and access management space.
Preferred Time Zones ⏱
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
We are a fast-growing and leading company in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations.
- Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live a healthier and better life
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from
- We thrive on open communication and dedication
- We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities can move up in the organization fast.
If this is the type of company you want to be a part of, apply now!
Job Type and Pay:
We are looking for a talented frontend developer. Pay will be in accordance with abilities and experience.
- Full-time only
- Position is remote
- No agencies
- Must work a minimum of 4 hours within PST time zone between 9AM to 8PM PST
Required Duties & Skills:
- Proficiency in React, Redux, and Redux-Saga
- Experience with React performance testing and performance optimization (React profiler, server-side rendering, code splitting/lazy loading)
- Well-versed in source control with Git
- Able to implement creative and visually-appealing frontend designs
- Ability to translate designs, wireframes, and mockups into highly-composable code
- Collaborating and troubleshooting issues with our backend team and other company stakeholders
- Writing clean, readable code and tests
- Giving and receiving feedback while working with a team
- Strong English-language communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential
- Knowledge of React Native (for mobile app development)
- Experience writing E2E tests with Cypress
- Familiarity with AWS, bitbucket, and Heroku, Material-UI
Our three companies:
Selfhacked.com - With over 1.5 million visitors per month, SelfHacked is the best source of scientific information on supplements and health topics with integrity, no agenda or ideology. We strive for completeness and accuracy, and we work to make it accessible for everyone. The SelfHacked team includes 4 PhDs, 1 PharmD, 2 PhD students, 2 MS in biology, and a few biochemistry graduates.
SelfDecode.com - We analyze people's DNA (over 15,000 users so far) and symptoms and give them health recommendations based on their DNA that are simple and easy to understand using our custom-built algorithms.
LabTestAnalyzer.com - Provides high-quality, science-backed information and lifestyle, diet, and supplement recommendations based on lab test results.
We are very selective in our process because we look for a very long-term, full-time partnership with our employees.
We try to keep the process as short as possible so we don't waste anyone's time. We've designed our tests and procedures so that if someone doesn't score above a certain threshold for a given segment, they are booted from the application process early. Most people will not spend more than 10 min of their time on our process. People who do well keep progressing and ultimately get hired and love working for our company!
If this is the type of company you want to be a part of, apply now!
SENIOR VUE.JS DEVELOPER
We are a growing company with an internal development team that is working on amazing new projects and looking for a Vue.js Developer to further improve our performance and help us build our Cloud Archiving solution. You will be responsible for maintaining and developing highly-intuitive user interface and will collaborate closely with Design, Application Engineering and QA to specify, build, test and deploy new features. You will not only be a great contributor to the quality of our code, but also have important input on our UX strategy, as well as the opportunity to help us build our technical landscape, participate in developing our design system and share your expertise in front-end development with the rest of the team.
- Define coding standards and best practices for the front end
- Write well-documented, extensible code that is easy to maintain and that adheres to predefined coding standards
- Own the overall quality of code including unit testing and functional testing
- Find and address performance issues
- Work collaboratively and consult with our development team, provide guidance to the development process and perform code reviews
- Assist in the architecture, development and integration of software components into fully functional software systems
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and discuss potential solutions to problems
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in front-end web development
- Minimum 1 year of extensive experience with Vue.js, alternatively with Angular/React
- Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 including preprocessors
- Expert knowledge of jQuery and BootStrap
- Experience with Single Page Applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Motivation to learn new technologies, continually improve and work with little direction by understanding business goals and performing self-directed research
Bonus points for experience with:
- Writing unit tests
- Local Storage and ES6
What we offer:
- Full-time remote position
- Flexible hours ‒ it’s about getting the work done, not about when desk chairs are filled
- High-end laptop and other equipment
- Great working atmosphere with regular team building activities
- A chance to be part of a casual, but highly professional international team
- Conferences, trainings and events
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Exposure to emerging technologies and practices (Cloud, AWS...)
If you think we'd be a good fit, please send us a cover letter and resume in English.
Narrative is building the first global data marketplace. It has often been said that data is the new currency. Unfortunately, maximizing the value of data is often easier said than done. On one side, transacting via individual point to point integrations carries a lot of overhead in both business development and technical integration efforts. On the other, going through big aggregators introduces opacity in the pricing and provenance of the data. At Narrative, we help our customers get value from their data by building a central auction platform to reduce the friction and tooling to increase the transparency in this process.
We are a small, early stage team looking for great developers who want to jump in and take major systems and user-facing features from design to launch. Here’s where we are now:
We are operating in Amazon Web Services. Our services are mainly deployed on EC2 provisioned with Terraform.
We also heavily use other technology on AWS such as DynamoDB, S3, and RDS.
Our backend includes a data ingestion web service with supporting Kinesis consumers, along with a growing array of Spark projects. It’s written mostly in Scala, with a smattering of Python for lambda functions.
We sit somewhere in the middle of the “Scala as a worse Haskell” and “Scala as a better Java” spectrum. We love functional programming and we do make use of libraries like cats, but at the same time we heavily favor core language features and have no intention of rewriting everything using Free Monads.
Our web app UI is written in Typescript with Angular2 and a supporting API running on Node, and is deployed and monitored using much the same supporting tech as the backend.
Other services we use include: GitHub, CircleCI, DataDog.
Here are some examples of projects that we would like some help with:
Interactive tools to help buyers discover the data they need to accomplish their business objectives.
Interactive tools to help sellers maximize the yield from the data that they are selling.
Data analytics pipelines to drive the interactive report UIs. For example: reports for yield forecasting and deal pre-qualification.
The ideal candidate should:
Thoroughly understand the HTTP lifecycle and how the browser interacts with web APIs.
Enjoy building fast, user-friendly UIs.
Not be afraid of contributing to the entire stack when the need arises, given that frontend doesn’t simply mean HTML/CSS. For instance, a feature might require
some metrics to be computed from a Spark Report
creating a MySQL migration script
tweaking S3 permissions and terraform scripts for deployment
We are not looking for a 100% fit on all the technology buzzwords, but we are looking for someone with strong technical skills who is eager to pick up new technologies as necessary.
We are building the team with a remote-first mindset, and as a result every team member is expected to have an ability to synthesize business requirements, distill the domain, contribute to high-level design documents, efficiently communicate asynchronously, and more generally work autonomously toward a shared vision.
Continuously investing in quality (code quality, tests, pull request reviews, refactoring…) is part of our strategy to sustainably maximize the business value we deliver.
Apply at [email protected]
Find out more about Company Culture.
More about the hiring process.
A day in the life of a dev.
You will need to be a creative problem solver, as much of the work requires creative approaches to unique technical challenges which often don't have much - if any - coverage on sites such as Stack Overflow.
The complexity of the software is also a key component. Much of what we are building is concerned with complex data structures (including SVGs) as well as the inevitable complexities of scaling an app out into large organisations. As such, you will need to have a strong engineering mindset with the ability to think through problems in a structured way. Or to put it another way, you should be able to produce robust, tested code that will stand up in production.
- Building robust frontend apps with the Vue.js framework, including unit tests
- Creating custom single-file components for use in the interfaces
- Developing applications for parsing and working with XML structures including SVG data
- Writing clean, well-documented and well-tested code with strong adherence to modern ECMAscript standards
- Optimising applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Working with the team to solve complex challenges and contributing ideas and solutions regularly
Skills and qualifications
- Basic understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Minimum 2 years experience of working with the Vue.js framework
- Experience of working with state management systems, preferably Vuex
- Experience of writing unit tests in tools such as Jest or Mocha (or component snapshots)
- Familiarity with frontend build tools, particularly Webpack
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools including Git
- Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
- Bachelors degree in computer science
- Excellent communication skills
We’re a small team that has the resources and support of a large company. Pocket was acquired by Mozilla in 2017, and together we are committed to an internet that elevates critical thinking, reasoned argument, shared knowledge, and verifiable facts. As our first Engineering Manager, you’ll be responsible for helping ensure our ability to support high quality content on the web. This role is fundamental to Pocket’s success.
Come work with us and make a huge impact on advancing high-quality content on the web.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a distributed team of 6-10 software engineers building our web app, extensions and integrations into the Firefox browser.
- Report to our CTO and as our first Engineering Manager, help define what will make the role successful at Pocket.
- Create an inclusive environment which engages and challenges your team members, and exposes them to new opportunities.
- Set and communicate your team’s goals, and establish plans and schedules to attain them.
- Collaborate with engineers, data scientists, designers, product managers and support teams to implement our product strategy.
- Ensure that the software your team delivers is on time, high quality, measurable, and maintainable.
- Anticipate the right mix of capabilities required for your team to be successful, and recruit and hire new people as needed.
- Be rewarded with growth and leadership opportunities for strong performance.
What you already have:
- You have 6 years of overall industry experience, with at least 2 years of hands-on technical leadership and/or people management experience.
- You have the ability to successfully lead and ship complex software projects on time in a loosely structured environment.
- You can hire, coach, motivate, develop, and delegate to geographically distributed team members with different skill sets from your own.
- You can resolve problems, manage risk, lead change, and facilitate collaborative decision-making in a multi-functional team.
- You possess clear and succinct communication, and the ability to develop positive relationships with subordinates, peers, upper management, and partners.
- You can enable creative thinking and new contributions in your team.
Our team requires skills in a variety of domains. You should ideally have experience with some of the areas listed below, and be passionate about learning new things. We’re excited to see:
- Experience with building modern applications on the web
- Are self-disciplined and have a great work ethic
- Have good time management skills
- Communicate well
- Can work until at least 1pm EST M - F
- Like having a consistent daily work schedule
- Have at least three years of experience building SaaS interfaces
- Highly skilled with HTML / CSS
- Ruby on Rails
- Postgres or MySQL
- Unit tests (rspec, etc.)
- Background workers
- Writing design docs
- Working from design docs/specifications & wireframes
- React & Redux
- Service workers architecture
While this is a remote position, there are often meetings at 9 a.m. ET. Something to take into consideration. Mountain Time, Central Time, or Eastern Time preferred.
- Experience working and collaborating with teams
- Experience in Linux and command line a must
- Work with React
- Experience with Functional programming is highly desirable
- You know how to architect all components of a frontend project
- You have experience reading API documentation and working with different endpoints to compose the desired effect
- You know how to run projects through solid processes (things like code reviews, reviewing stories, planning)
- Picks up new technologies quickly and efficiently
- Uses Git effectively
- Know how to create tests and why it's important
- Knowledge of OOP and software design principles
- Driven, ambitious, and interested in tech
- Acumen. You must be able to think of and judge multiple solutions for a problem and be able to reason between them.
- You’re aware of how to build secure apps
- You know how to optimize frontend load times, debug rendering issues, and overall provide a smooth experience to the user.
- Knowledge of responsive frontends
- You know C#, Ruby, Python or Go. IMPORTANT. You don't have to be an expert in backend tech, but you'll need to understand how to integrate with the backend guys.
- You’ve practiced continuous integration
- You've tinkered with Docker
- Require JS/Webpack/Browserify is a bonus, too.
- You’re interested in startups
- Great mentorship and company culture
- Remote work
- Challenging work and interesting projects
- Healthcare benefits package
- Fun office space in Wynwood (Miami - if you so choose
Who are we?
We created f2pool — one of the largest crypto mining pools on the planet. We are a small team spread on three continents.
What are we doing now?
We expanding f2pool worldwide. Also, we are working on several promising projects in the blockchain space.
What is cool about working with us?
We have an awesome office in Bangkok, Thailand where we are organizing lots of community events and we are more than happy to cover your relocation cost to Thailand. Exceptional candidates can also work remotely, in which case we will sponsor you one trip to Thailand per year to work with the team in person.
What are we looking for?
- Top-notch front end software engineers, with a passion for blockchain.
- Good taste in Design and UX. An obsession with quality and the little things
- Extensive experience with HTML, CSS, preprocessors and related web technologies
- Fluent in frameworks and tools, such as React, Redux, MobX, webpack
- Ability to build in an un-opinionated framework-free vanilla JS environment
- Canvas API experience is very welcome
- Strong opinions, loosely held, on architectural and designs topics
- Comfortable with ambiguity, able to take charge and get things done despite the unknowns
- Ability to mentor junior members on the team
Develop modular code and reusable components for the Nash exchange trading platform, browser extension, or SDK.
Document your work thoroughly so that others can work with and build upon it.
Engage in test-driven development practices.
Work asynchronously with a fully remote team.
We are looking for
Extensive knowledge of Git.
A strong portfolio of frontend development work.
We prefer but don't require
Experience working in remote teams
A history of contributing to open source software
Experience with TypeScript
Prior experience with functional programming languages such as OCaml, Elixir, or Haskell
We are looking for a passionate Web- & App UX/UI Designer who has a strong sense of ownership for his/her projects, great attention to details and a prime focus on time-to-market. This position requires deep user-centric thinking, strong visual design and prototyping skills, strong communications skills, self-motivation, and sharing our passion for digital products and valuing the freedom of working remote.
- You work closely with the Sales and Product Management Team to create full concepts and the user experience of iOS/Android apps and websites.
- You design web and mobile applications which are ready for implementation by our frontend engineers.
- You create high quality designs & mockups that are ready to use for development.
- You present and iterate your concepts in a professional and convincing way to your teamand clients
- You continuously challenge yourself to become better, you love to learn new things and you enjoy sharing your knowledge with others.
- You are smart and fun to work with.
- You are highly self-motivated and super reliable in your work.
- You are willing to go the extra mile for your team - because they are too.
- You communicate proactively and directly with your team, you don’t beat around the bush if there’s something that can be improved.
- You give and take on constructive criticism and you are willing to work on the things you can improve.
- You appreciate the freedom to work wherever you choose and you are happy to travel to our workshops and client meetings if necessary.
Your Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of UI/UX experience with a consumer-facing product company
- 3+ years advanced experience in Sketch
- Sufficient experience in supporting the design process by creating user studies, user flows, wireframes, UI designs, prototypes, and other deliverables
- A proven portfolio that illustrates both your design process and your results
- Highly proficient in English with excellent communication skills
- Remote, and fun work environment based on Slack
- Full transparency in our processes and communication
- Team workshops at top locations all around the world with fantastic team mates, burgers and beer ;-)
- People development tools like weekly masterclasses, regular 360-degree feedback from your team mates and 1:1s with your team lead
- A 10h - 40h work week depending on the workload and your availability
- Freelance: 30-40€ /h (depending on your skills and experience), 12-month contract, extending year to year
- OR -
- Employed (40h work week): same as our freelancers including social security and employers contributions: 3.700€ up to 4.900€
Stanwood helps companies unleash their true digital potential by creating beautifully designed, high-performing apps and websites that clients and users love. We help transform businesses by creating new sales channels and digital marketplaces for our customers, and we help them increase their productivity and profitability by digitising and optimising processes, implementing cutting-edge technology and tools and integrating existing business platforms into smart new solutions.
Stanwood is a digital pioneer and role model for its clients. Our family of 40 tech enthusiasts and digital natives work together remotely from all over the world. We are not bound by offices or locations, digital technology is the glue that holds us together. Technology is a facilitator for us to work and live wherever we want, to work in an environment we love and where we can max out our potential and push our limits every day. Everything we do has one sole purpose: We want to build awesome software that our clients love, and we want to do it in the most fun way for us.
Our team comes from a multitude of countries and cultural backgrounds. Diversity, openness and direct communication are the main keys to our success. We hire by attitude and train for skill. We prefer diverse, critical thinking over conformity. And we focus on quality, not working hours.
We are looking for frontend web developers to take ownership of the front end and help launch a scalable service to make data storage, management, and computations easier for practicing data scientists. A few features on the roadmap include designing a web admin console for advanced data management, monitoring resources in real time, integration with JupyterLab and handling user profiles and billing.
Design and develop a user interface with Vue.js and Golang
Write unit tests for a Vue.js based platform
Maintain OpenAPI specification
Integration with JupyterLab
Our headquarters are located in Cambridge, MA. The candidates must be US citizens or permanent residents located in the US.
In-depth experience with Vue.js
Experience with OpenAPI (Swagger) specifications
Experience in building, managing and maintaining production systems / services
Nice to Have
Experience using Kubernetes for production service deployments
Experience with payment systems
TileDB, Inc. offers very competitive compensation and benefits, which include:
Health Care Plan (Medical)
Stock Option Plan
Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
At GitLab, our team of technical writers is responsible for ensuring that the documentation for all of our products is clear, correct, and easy to use. We are looking for great writers with strong technical proficiencies who will help our users succeed with our rapidly evolving suite of developer tools.
You’ll collaborate with our engineers, who write the first draft of docs for the new features they create. You’ll dive in on special projects, authoring new content and working on new site features and processes. You’ll collaborate with others across the organization to craft tutorials and other educational resources. You’ll be at the leading edge of DevOps while contributing to one of the world’s largest open-source projects and engaging with our wider community.
GitLab is an all-remote company, and this is a remote position with no geographical requirements.
- Continuously improve GitLab’s documentation content in collaboration with engineers, product managers, and others.
- Review and edit doc plans and content for all new and enhanced features.
- Produce written and video tutorials for getting started with GitLab features and for specific use cases.
- Help developers and other members of the community who have documentation-related questions.
- Identify and address content gaps or the need for additional media such as diagrams or videos.
- Participate in reviews and revamps of section or page content and structure.
- Help review and triage incoming suggestions, corrections, and other content from the community.
- Continuously improve GitLab’s documentation site features and user experience in collaboration with engineers and other technical writers. This may include the documentation site’s design, search, build process, feedback methods, SEO, visitor analytics, versioning, and other technical components.
- Contribute to the planning and code of new site features and enhancements.
- Coordinate with frontend and backend engineers when their help is needed.
- Contribute to the improvement of team process and style, as well as cross-functional efforts.
- Act as a reviewer of release blog posts and contributor to GitLab’s Handbook.
- Make it easy for contributors from the community—internal and external—to submit quality documentation.
- Contribute to the documentation Style Guide and documentation process guides.
- Collaborate and improve upon collaborative processes with others including product managers, Support, Marketing, Engineering, and the wider GitLab community.
- You have:
- An affinity for managing and writing software documentation.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Understanding of what makes documentation clear and effective.
- Great teaching skills that translate into amazing written work.
- Familiarity with the Linux or Mac command line.
- Experience using Git, HTML/CSS, and at least one programming language (though this does not need to be from a professional context).
- You are:
- Highly organized; able to triage and prioritize numerous issues and projects.
- Able to succeed in a remote, globally distributed work environment.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
You’ll receive special consideration if you have experience with:
- Static site generators and managing docs as code.
- DevOps tools.
- Advanced programming or other technical experience.
Our hiring process is described in more detail in our Handbook's Hiring section. When you apply, please include a cover letter that describes why you are interested in this position and in what ways you are well-qualified for it.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.Remote-CHAR
- Continuously improve GitLab’s documentation content in collaboration with engineers, product managers, and others.
Scott's Cheap Flights is hiring a recruiter to manage the full-cycle recruitment efforts of our growing, profitable company. You will help us continue on the rapid path of internal growth we've seen for the past few years by hiring incredible talent across all teams, examining and optimizing our recruiting strategies and processes, and partnering with stakeholders to forecast and plan for future talent management.
Why we're hiring for this role now: We will be hiring 10-15 new team members over the next 6 months in order to continue delivering the best possible experience for our members and internal team.
Immediately upon hire, you'll...
Immerse yourself in Scott's Cheap Flights and be able to speak to our mission, culture, and company, becoming a fantastic first point of contact for our candidates
Put into place job posting and sourcing strategies to assure robust pipelines
Perform full cycle recruitment while maintaining a fantastic candidate experience
Work closely with hiring managers and stakeholders to develop job descriptions and accurate candidate profiles to fit our business needs
Establish hiring reports and metrics to share with the team on a regular basis
In the longer term, you'll...
Examine and improve upon our existing hiring processes by identifying areas of opportunity, bottlenecks, and strengths we need to be capitalizing on.
Partner with stakeholders to strategize on future hiring needs.
Run training workshops for the internal team to bolster our interview skills to make sure we're being as effective as possible.
Fully own the hiring process for the following roles: Head of Marketing; Senior Backend Engineer; Senior Frontend & Mobile Engineer; Senior Product Designer; Senior User Acquisition Manager.
What you bring to the table
4+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience with a minimum of two years in house with startups, from a req's inception to negotiating and closing a candidate
Experience recruiting for a wide range of roles simultaneously, both technical and non technical
A proven track record of building and continually refining recruiting processes
Business and technical acumen that allows you to partner with stakeholders in strategic recruiting initiatives
Impeccable written and oral communication skills
Experience working with a remote team, and passion for travel
Authorization to work in the United States, and a large overlap in working hours with Pacific Time
About Scott's Cheap Flights
Scott’s Cheap Flights is on a mission to enable people to travel and experience the world. We’re so much more than crusaders for cheap flights, and our numbers prove it:
1.6 million members and growing every day.
100%: Our average year over year revenue growth.
$100 million: Amount our deals have helped members save.
263,009: Miles our most prolific member has traveled.
50+: Number of proposals have happened on SCF trips… that we know of.
Countless: Memories and stories created through our members’ trips.
If “to travel is to live” resonates with you and you have a proven track record of successfully recruiting talented new employees, we’d love to hear from you!