The best remote jobs, hand-picked daily.Post a job for $299
At Sourcegraph, we are building a better, smarter foundation for software development. The innovations of the future will all rely on code and by empowering software developers today, we can bring the future sooner. You can learn more about our mission by reading our our master plan.
Our product (code search, code intelligence, browser extensions, etc.) is open source, and is already deployed to paying customers with small and large engineering organizations across the world. Visit our homepage to learn why companies use Sourcegraph.
In addition to competitive pay and equity, we provide many benefits to keep you happy, healthy, and productive.
- Help build Sourcegraph, a multi-tier application (web, CLI, browser extensions, API, data stores, services) written primarily in TypeScript (frontend) and Go (backend).
- Have the freedom to creatively tackle various CS challenges while building products and infrastructure that are fundamental to the growth and success of the business.
- Have the opportunity to interact directly with our customers to help them deploy/configure our software, and solve issues that they encounter.
- Plan your own work each month based on company goals and customer feedback.
- Publish blog posts and give conference talks about your work at Sourcegraph.
As a senior member of the team, you will:
- Help set the technical direction of various projects.
- Mentor and teach other team members.
Take a look at our public near-term product roadmap for examples of projects you could work on at Sourcegraph.
- A track record of delivering high-quality products with attention to scalability and UX.
- Experience working with APIs and distributed systems.
- Passion for the craft of software development and good engineering practices.
- You apply here.
- We set up a 30 minute call to chat with you about Sourcegraph to find out what you are looking for in your next role.
- We give you a take home coding assignment which won't take you more than 2 hours to finish.
- We schedule a few more hours of technical and non-technical interviews. We're happy to fly you out to our San Francisco office, or conduct the remaining interviews over video chat, whatever works best for you.
- We check your references.
- We make you a job offer.
We also expect you to be interviewing us too, so ask us any questions you have along the way.
If you aren't ready to start interviewing, but are interested to stop by our San Francisco office to meet the team, let us know!
Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we embrace diversity and welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
At Medium, words matter. We are building the best place for reading and writing on the interneta place where todays smartest writers, thinkers, experts, and storytellers can share big, interesting ideas; a place where ideas are judged on the value they provide to readers, not the fleeting attention they can attract for advertisers.We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer that will design, build, ship and maintain our business critical Data Platform. In this role you will lead development of both transactional and data warehouse designs mentoring our team of cross functional engineers and Data Scientists. You'll also design, implement and tune tables, queries, stored procedures, and indexes.At Medium, we are proud of our product, our team, and our culture. Mediums website and mobile apps are accessed by millions of users each day. Our mission is to move thinking forward by providing a place where individuals, along with publishers, can share stories and their perspectives. Behind this beautifully-crafted platform is our engineering team who works seamlessly together. From frontend to API, from data collection to product science, Medium engineers work multi-functionally with open communication and feedback.
What Will You Do
- Youll work on high impact projects that improve data availability and quality, and provide reliable access to data for the rest of the business
- Design, architect and support new and existing data and ETL pipelines and recommend improvements and modifications.
- Create optimal data pipeline architecture and systems.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional and non-functional business requirements.
- Be responsible for ingesting data into our data warehouse and providing frameworks and services for operating on that data including the use of Spark.
- Analyze, debug and correct issues with data pipelines
- Communicate strategies and processes around data modeling and architecture to multi-functional groups and senior level management.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Spark and AWS technologies.
- You will build widely used data pipelines and tools making critical business data available to other teams.
- You have at least 5 years of experience implementing complex ETL pipelines preferably in connection with Hadoop or Spark.
- You have lots of experience writing complex SQL and ETL processes
- You have exceptional coding and design skills, particularly in Java/Scala and Python.
- You've worked with large data volumes, including processing, transforming and transporting large-scale data
- You have hands-on experience with AWS and services like EC2, SQS, SNS, RDS, Cache etc.
- You have a BS in Computer Science / Software Engineering or equivalent experience.
- You have knowledge of Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark (including pyspark), Spark streaming, Kafka, Scala, Python, and similar technology stacks
- You have a strong understanding & usage of algorithms and data structures.
Nice To Have
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun yet challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media. Medium is an equal opportunity employer.
- Spark data pipeline and or streaming experience
- Redshift knowledge and operational experience
- Machine Learning expertise
BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists. Were already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like LinkedIn, Salesforce, Visa, Deloitte, and Logitech.
This is a remote role, anywhere in the US!
Your responsibilities will include
Product Engineer - Collaborate with designers and stakeholders to craft consumer grade experiences with SPA frontend (Ember) and RESTful backend (Ruby on Rails).
Lean and Agile Owner - Collaborate with cross functional teams to distill and synthesize requirements into discreet and meaningful iterations that can be implemented quickly to facilitate tight feedback loops and learning via data and metrics. Leverage Lean Startup and Agile methodologies along with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment infrastructure to rapidly prototype and validate ideas.
Data Spelunker - Answer business questions and influence product roadmap decisions using statistical analysis, ad-hoc reporting, or machine learning algorithms for offline modeling. Enable team members to answer questions with data systems and processes that leverage quantitative and qualitative inputs.
Operational Maintainer - Build scalable and tolerant systems using container technologies (Docker) and cloud infrastructure (AWS) as well as internal tooling to accelerate product development cycles.
You will be successful if you
Act as an owner - It’s not done until it’s in production. Adept at moving projects forward and able to unblock projects regardless of role on the project.
Do less, deliver more - Familiar with the terms YAGNI and yak shaving? Focus your efforts on high impact initiatives that really move the needle.
Impress yourself - We hold ourselves to a quality above and beyond something that “just gets it done”. Each line of code is an opportunity to blend craftsmanship with playfulness.
Collaborate without ego - Willing to take on roles small or large in order to further the mission at hand.
Stay on your edge - Continuously learning and applying emerging technologies. Pushing yourself and your team to new heights.
And if you have
5+ years relevant experience, at least part of which in a startup environment
Alignment with BetterUp mission and enabling behavior change
Succeeded in a remote work environment
Frontline maintainer of "production" consumer application (volume, support, debugging)
Strong experience with automated testing patterns
Ruby on Rails, Ember.js, Gitflow, Docker
Experienced in Agile product development processes (SCRUM, Kanban, Lean Startup, etc)
Expert in current web technologies (HTTP, REST, Web Sockets, etc)
Strong verbal and written communication
We provide amazing benefits, but if you ask the team, they’ll tell you that the greatest benefit we offer employees is an incredibly meaningful mission and transformative work.
Full coverage medical, dental and vision insurance
Unlimited use, at your own discretion, vacation policy
14 paid annual holidays
5 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
5 “Volunteer Days” to give back
Professional development through BetterUp coaching for you and a significant other
401(k) self contribution
A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
We are a fast-growing and leading company in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations.
- Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live a healthier and better life
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from
- We thrive on open communication and dedication
- We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities can move up in the organization fast.
If this is the type of company you want to be a part of, apply now!
Job Type and Pay:
We are looking for a talented frontend developer. Pay will be in accordance with abilities and experience.
- Full-time only
- Position is remote
- No agencies
- Must work a minimum of 4 hours within PST time zone between 9AM to 8PM PST
Required Duties & Skills:
- Proficiency in React, Redux, and Redux-Saga
- Experience with React performance testing and performance optimization (React profiler, server-side rendering, code splitting/lazy loading)
- Well-versed in source control with Git
- Able to implement creative and visually-appealing frontend designs
- Ability to translate designs, wireframes, and mockups into highly-composable code
- Collaborating and troubleshooting issues with our backend team and other company stakeholders
- Writing clean, readable code and tests
- Giving and receiving feedback while working with a team
- Strong English-language communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential
- Knowledge of React Native (for mobile app development)
- Experience writing E2E tests with Cypress
- Familiarity with AWS, bitbucket, and Heroku, Material-UI
Our three companies:
Selfhacked.com - With over 1.5 million visitors per month, SelfHacked is the best source of scientific information on supplements and health topics with integrity, no agenda or ideology. We strive for completeness and accuracy, and we work to make it accessible for everyone. The SelfHacked team includes 4 PhDs, 1 PharmD, 2 PhD students, 2 MS in biology, and a few biochemistry graduates.
SelfDecode.com - We analyze people's DNA (over 15,000 users so far) and symptoms and give them health recommendations based on their DNA that are simple and easy to understand using our custom-built algorithms.
LabTestAnalyzer.com - Provides high-quality, science-backed information and lifestyle, diet, and supplement recommendations based on lab test results.
We are very selective in our process because we look for a very long-term, full-time partnership with our employees.
We try to keep the process as short as possible so we don't waste anyone's time. We've designed our tests and procedures so that if someone doesn't score above a certain threshold for a given segment, they are booted from the application process early. Most people will not spend more than 10 min of their time on our process. People who do well keep progressing and ultimately get hired and love working for our company!
If this is the type of company you want to be a part of, apply now!
Narrative is building the first global data marketplace. It has often been said that data is the new currency. Unfortunately, maximizing the value of data is often easier said than done. On one side, transacting via individual point to point integrations carries a lot of overhead in both business development and technical integration efforts. On the other, going through big aggregators introduces opacity in the pricing and provenance of the data. At Narrative, we help our customers get value from their data by building a central auction platform to reduce the friction and tooling to increase the transparency in this process.
We are a small, early stage team looking for great developers who want to jump in and take major systems and user-facing features from design to launch. Here’s where we are now:
We are operating in Amazon Web Services. Our services are mainly deployed on EC2 provisioned with Terraform.
We also heavily use other technology on AWS such as DynamoDB, S3, and RDS.
Our backend includes a data ingestion web service with supporting Kinesis consumers, along with a growing array of Spark projects. It’s written mostly in Scala, with a smattering of Python for lambda functions.
We sit somewhere in the middle of the “Scala as a worse Haskell” and “Scala as a better Java” spectrum. We love functional programming and we do make use of libraries like cats, but at the same time we heavily favor core language features and have no intention of rewriting everything using Free Monads.
Our web app UI is written in Typescript with Angular2 and a supporting API running on Node, and is deployed and monitored using much the same supporting tech as the backend.
Other services we use include: GitHub, CircleCI, DataDog.
Here are some examples of projects that we would like some help with:
Interactive tools to help buyers discover the data they need to accomplish their business objectives.
Interactive tools to help sellers maximize the yield from the data that they are selling.
Data analytics pipelines to drive the interactive report UIs. For example: reports for yield forecasting and deal pre-qualification.
The ideal candidate should:
Thoroughly understand the HTTP lifecycle and how the browser interacts with web APIs.
Enjoy building fast, user-friendly UIs.
Not be afraid of contributing to the entire stack when the need arises, given that frontend doesn’t simply mean HTML/CSS. For instance, a feature might require
some metrics to be computed from a Spark Report
creating a MySQL migration script
tweaking S3 permissions and terraform scripts for deployment
We are not looking for a 100% fit on all the technology buzzwords, but we are looking for someone with strong technical skills who is eager to pick up new technologies as necessary.
We are building the team with a remote-first mindset, and as a result every team member is expected to have an ability to synthesize business requirements, distill the domain, contribute to high-level design documents, efficiently communicate asynchronously, and more generally work autonomously toward a shared vision.
Continuously investing in quality (code quality, tests, pull request reviews, refactoring…) is part of our strategy to sustainably maximize the business value we deliver.
Apply at [email protected]
Find out more about Company Culture.
More about the hiring process.
A day in the life of a dev.
- Experience using Python, PostgreSQL, Redis, Memcached, Lua, Linux, Nginx, Elasticsearch, and Amazon Web Services a plus.
- Familiarity with automated testing frameworks such as Jest, Karma, Cypress, or Protractor.
- Familiarity with distributed revision control systems such as Mercurial or Git.
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently - accountable for your own actions and able to act with both urgency and integrity.
- Desire to work in a caring, transparent, and giving work environment, in line with Hotjars company values, culture and ways of working.
- Will submit to a background check, confidentially processed by our third party.
You will need to be a creative problem solver, as much of the work requires creative approaches to unique technical challenges which often don't have much - if any - coverage on sites such as Stack Overflow.
The complexity of the software is also a key component. Much of what we are building is concerned with complex data structures (including SVGs) as well as the inevitable complexities of scaling an app out into large organisations. As such, you will need to have a strong engineering mindset with the ability to think through problems in a structured way. Or to put it another way, you should be able to produce robust, tested code that will stand up in production.
- Building robust frontend apps with the Vue.js framework, including unit tests
- Creating custom single-file components for use in the interfaces
- Developing applications for parsing and working with XML structures including SVG data
- Writing clean, well-documented and well-tested code with strong adherence to modern ECMAscript standards
- Optimising applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Working with the team to solve complex challenges and contributing ideas and solutions regularly
Skills and qualifications
- Basic understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Minimum 2 years experience of working with the Vue.js framework
- Experience of working with state management systems, preferably Vuex
- Experience of writing unit tests in tools such as Jest or Mocha (or component snapshots)
- Familiarity with frontend build tools, particularly Webpack
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools including Git
- Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
- Bachelors degree in computer science
- Excellent communication skills
- Are self-disciplined and have a great work ethic
- Have good time management skills
- Communicate well
- Can work until at least 1pm EST M - F
- Like having a consistent daily work schedule
- Have at least three years of experience building SaaS interfaces
- Highly skilled with HTML / CSS
- Ruby on Rails
- Postgres or MySQL
- Unit tests (rspec, etc.)
- Background workers
- Writing design docs
- Working from design docs/specifications & wireframes
- React & Redux
- Service workers architecture
While this is a remote position, there are often meetings at 9 a.m. ET. Something to take into consideration. Mountain Time, Central Time, or Eastern Time preferred.
- Experience working and collaborating with teams
- Experience in Linux and command line a must
- Work with React
- Experience with Functional programming is highly desirable
- You know how to architect all components of a frontend project
- You have experience reading API documentation and working with different endpoints to compose the desired effect
- You know how to run projects through solid processes (things like code reviews, reviewing stories, planning)
- Picks up new technologies quickly and efficiently
- Uses Git effectively
- Know how to create tests and why it's important
- Knowledge of OOP and software design principles
- Driven, ambitious, and interested in tech
- Acumen. You must be able to think of and judge multiple solutions for a problem and be able to reason between them.
- You’re aware of how to build secure apps
- You know how to optimize frontend load times, debug rendering issues, and overall provide a smooth experience to the user.
- Knowledge of responsive frontends
- You know C#, Ruby, Python or Go. IMPORTANT. You don't have to be an expert in backend tech, but you'll need to understand how to integrate with the backend guys.
- You’ve practiced continuous integration
- You've tinkered with Docker
- Require JS/Webpack/Browserify is a bonus, too.
- You’re interested in startups
- Great mentorship and company culture
- Remote work
- Challenging work and interesting projects
- Healthcare benefits package
- Fun office space in Wynwood (Miami - if you so choose
We are looking for a team player who has in-depth experience with WordPress CMS. You will be the link between WebARX and WordPress community and you will lead the way how WebARX works with WordPress.
You can attend local and international WordPress events, travel the world with us and meet awesome new people.
If having flexible working hours and a possibility to work at home or in a local co-working space something that could work for you, make sure to let us know.
Is it you?
> You can write PHP code that is functional from 5.4 to 7.*
>You can develop and work with responsive designs
> You can write WordPress plugins, you understand how filters and actions work
> You can interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
> You can implement security and you know what must be done with user input before it’s processed further down the application
> You can work with security and website security in general, you can explain what SQLi, XSS, LFI, RFI, RCE, XSRF is on top of your head and know how to prevent it
> You can write unit tests
> You can work with Git and Jira
Develop modular code and reusable components for the Nash exchange trading platform, browser extension, or SDK.
Document your work thoroughly so that others can work with and build upon it.
Engage in test-driven development practices.
Work asynchronously with a fully remote team.
We are looking for
Extensive knowledge of Git.
A strong portfolio of frontend development work.
We prefer but don't require
Experience working in remote teams
A history of contributing to open source software
Experience with TypeScript
Prior experience with functional programming languages such as OCaml, Elixir, or Haskell
This position is remote based.
A brief overview:
GitLab is building an open source, single application for the entire DevOps lifecycle—from project planning and source code management to CI/CD, monitoring, and security.
We’re looking to add a Senior Visual Designer/Illustrator to our already large team of UX Designers and UX Researchers to help beautify GitLab's UI and refine our design system. If you're an outstanding Illustrator & Visual Designer who is experienced at designing pixel-perfect UI components for enterprise tools, then you may be a great fit.
At GitLab, we live and breathe open source principles. This means our entire handbook is online, and with a few clicks you can find the details of future releases and an overview of the product vision you’d contribute to when working here. We’re planning to more than double the UX team's size over the next year. You can look over our organizational chart to see other open vacancies.
What you can expect in a Senior Visual Designer/Illustrator role at GitLab:
- You’ll be expected to refine and extend the existing custom icon library, and create illustrations for things like null states, error pages, and supplemental illustrations on design.gitlab.com.
- You’ll create deliverables (lo-fi wireframes, hi-fi mockups, prototypes, hi-fi visuals etc.) to communicate ideas, as needed.
- You’ll partner with UX Designers and Researchers to conduct user testing, incorporate feedback, and share findings and recommendations.
- You’ll review new designs created by UX Designers to help ensure consistency throughout the system.
- You’ll help create and maintain documentation for the design system.
- You’ll work with developers to iterate on and refine the UI experience. You’ll also implement designs in HTML/CSS, as needed.
- You’ll be expected to help break down designs to fit within the monthly release cadence.
Projects you might work on:
You’ll spend much of your time helping to move Pajamas Design System components to a "Complete" status. You’ll also identify refinements to optimize existing components, while collaborating with Frontend Engineers, Developers, and UX Designers.
You should apply if:
- You have a portfolio of beautifully executed illustrations, enterprise UI designs, and SVGs. (Animated SVGs are a bonus.)
- You're a master at creating useful icons and elegant UI interactions.
- You've helped to create a Design System that's implemented in code.
- You understand accessibility and how it impacts visual design.
- The idea of playing a key part in the evolution of our Pajamas Design System is truly exciting to you.
- You’ve worked for a company that builds and maintains a deeply complex product.
- You’re humble and able to freely discuss your own strengths and weaknesses (and those of others), but always in a kind and appropriate way.
- Our values of collaboration, results, efficiency, diversity, iteration, and transparency resonate with you.
What it's like to work here at GitLab:
The culture here at GitLab is something we’re incredibly proud of. Because GitLabbers are currently located in 51 different countries, you’ll spend your time collaborating with kind, talented, and motivated colleagues from across the globe.
Some of the benefits you’ll be entitled to vary by the region or country you’re in. However, all GitLabbers are fully remote and receive a "no ask, must tell" paid-time-off policy, where we don’t count the number of days you take off annually. You can work incredibly flexible hours, enabled by our asynchronous approach to communication. Also, every nine months or so, we’ll invite you to our Contribute event.
Our hiring process for this Sr. Visual Designer/Illustrator position typically follows four stages where you’ll speak with one of our Global Recruiters, a UX Designer, a UX Manager and the UX Director. The compensation for this Sr. Visual Designer/Illustrator aligns with the compensation for the UX Design role, which can be found at the bottom of this page.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with our Global Recruiters.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute first interview with a UX Designer.
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 1 hour interview with the UX Manager. This interview will include a run-through of basic UX and UI dev skills as described in the responsibilities.
- Candidates will be invited to schedule a third 45 minute interview with our UX Director.
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.Remote-CENTRAL
We are looking for a passionate Web- & App UX/UI Designer who has a strong sense of ownership for his/her projects, great attention to details and a prime focus on time-to-market. This position requires deep user-centric thinking, strong visual design and prototyping skills, strong communications skills, self-motivation, and sharing our passion for digital products and valuing the freedom of working remote.
- You work closely with the Sales and Product Management Team to create full concepts and the user experience of iOS/Android apps and websites.
- You design web and mobile applications which are ready for implementation by our frontend engineers.
- You create high quality designs & mockups that are ready to use for development.
- You present and iterate your concepts in a professional and convincing way to your teamand clients
- You continuously challenge yourself to become better, you love to learn new things and you enjoy sharing your knowledge with others.
- You are smart and fun to work with.
- You are highly self-motivated and super reliable in your work.
- You are willing to go the extra mile for your team - because they are too.
- You communicate proactively and directly with your team, you don’t beat around the bush if there’s something that can be improved.
- You give and take on constructive criticism and you are willing to work on the things you can improve.
- You appreciate the freedom to work wherever you choose and you are happy to travel to our workshops and client meetings if necessary.
Your Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of UI/UX experience with a consumer-facing product company
- 3+ years advanced experience in Sketch
- Sufficient experience in supporting the design process by creating user studies, user flows, wireframes, UI designs, prototypes, and other deliverables
- A proven portfolio that illustrates both your design process and your results
- Highly proficient in English with excellent communication skills
- Remote, and fun work environment based on Slack
- Full transparency in our processes and communication
- Team workshops at top locations all around the world with fantastic team mates, burgers and beer ;-)
- People development tools like weekly masterclasses, regular 360-degree feedback from your team mates and 1:1s with your team lead
- A 10h - 40h work week depending on the workload and your availability
- Freelance: 30-40€ /h (depending on your skills and experience), 12-month contract, extending year to year
- OR -
- Employed (40h work week): same as our freelancers including social security and employers contributions: 3.700€ up to 4.900€
Stanwood helps companies unleash their true digital potential by creating beautifully designed, high-performing apps and websites that clients and users love. We help transform businesses by creating new sales channels and digital marketplaces for our customers, and we help them increase their productivity and profitability by digitising and optimising processes, implementing cutting-edge technology and tools and integrating existing business platforms into smart new solutions.
Stanwood is a digital pioneer and role model for its clients. Our family of 40 tech enthusiasts and digital natives work together remotely from all over the world. We are not bound by offices or locations, digital technology is the glue that holds us together. Technology is a facilitator for us to work and live wherever we want, to work in an environment we love and where we can max out our potential and push our limits every day. Everything we do has one sole purpose: We want to build awesome software that our clients love, and we want to do it in the most fun way for us.
Our team comes from a multitude of countries and cultural backgrounds. Diversity, openness and direct communication are the main keys to our success. We hire by attitude and train for skill. We prefer diverse, critical thinking over conformity. And we focus on quality, not working hours.
At GitLab, our team of technical writers is responsible for ensuring that the documentation for all of our products is clear, correct, and easy to use. We are looking for great writers with strong technical proficiencies who will help our users succeed with our rapidly evolving suite of developer tools.
You’ll collaborate with our engineers, who write the first draft of docs for the new features they create. You’ll dive in on special projects, authoring new content and working on new site features and processes. You’ll collaborate with others across the organization to craft tutorials and other educational resources. You’ll be at the leading edge of DevOps while contributing to one of the world’s largest open-source projects and engaging with our wider community.
GitLab is an all-remote company, and this is a remote position with no geographical requirements.
- Continuously improve GitLab’s documentation content in collaboration with engineers, product managers, and others.
- Review and edit doc plans and content for all new and enhanced features.
- Produce written and video tutorials for getting started with GitLab features and for specific use cases.
- Help developers and other members of the community who have documentation-related questions.
- Identify and address content gaps or the need for additional media such as diagrams or videos.
- Participate in reviews and revamps of section or page content and structure.
- Help review and triage incoming suggestions, corrections, and other content from the community.
- Continuously improve GitLab’s documentation site features and user experience in collaboration with engineers and other technical writers. This may include the documentation site’s design, search, build process, feedback methods, SEO, visitor analytics, versioning, and other technical components.
- Contribute to the planning and code of new site features and enhancements.
- Coordinate with frontend and backend engineers when their help is needed.
- Contribute to the improvement of team process and style, as well as cross-functional efforts.
- Act as a reviewer of release blog posts and contributor to GitLab’s Handbook.
- Make it easy for contributors from the community—internal and external—to submit quality documentation.
- Contribute to the documentation Style Guide and documentation process guides.
- Collaborate and improve upon collaborative processes with others including product managers, Support, Marketing, Engineering, and the wider GitLab community.
- You have:
- An affinity for managing and writing software documentation.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Understanding of what makes documentation clear and effective.
- Great teaching skills that translate into amazing written work.
- Familiarity with the Linux or Mac command line.
- Experience using Git, HTML/CSS, and at least one programming language (though this does not need to be from a professional context).
- You are:
- Highly organized; able to triage and prioritize numerous issues and projects.
- Able to succeed in a remote, globally distributed work environment.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
You’ll receive special consideration if you have experience with:
- Static site generators and managing docs as code.
- DevOps tools.
- Advanced programming or other technical experience.
Our hiring process is described in more detail in our Handbook's Hiring section. When you apply, please include a cover letter that describes why you are interested in this position and in what ways you are well-qualified for it.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.Remote-CHAR
- Continuously improve GitLab’s documentation content in collaboration with engineers, product managers, and others.