The best remote jobs, hand-picked daily.Post a job for $299
Were looking for a Back End Engineer to join the engineering team at Zapier. Want to create a simple product that allows anyone to do complex, incredible things with the worlds APIs? Then keep reading! We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope youll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
- Help scale a fast-growing and unique system our workflow engine connects with thousands of APIs across thousands of servers
- Plan and build product features directly impact how our customers can be more productive
- Improve our developer platform directly impact the way partner devs add their apps to Zapier
- Ship code to millions of users every week
- Work with hundreds of different API integrations
- Give back to the community via open source and blog posts
- Experiment: this is a startup so everything can change
- As a part of Zapiers all-hands philosophy, help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible.
- Competitive salary (we dont use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. Well set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isnt a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and youll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
At Medium, words matter. We are building the best place for reading and writing on the interneta place where todays smartest writers, thinkers, experts, and storytellers can share big, interesting ideas; a place where ideas are judged on the value they provide to readers, not the fleeting attention they can attract for advertisers.We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer that will design, build, ship and maintain our business critical Data Platform. In this role you will lead development of both transactional and data warehouse designs mentoring our team of cross functional engineers and Data Scientists. You'll also design, implement and tune tables, queries, stored procedures, and indexes.At Medium, we are proud of our product, our team, and our culture. Mediums website and mobile apps are accessed by millions of users each day. Our mission is to move thinking forward by providing a place where individuals, along with publishers, can share stories and their perspectives. Behind this beautifully-crafted platform is our engineering team who works seamlessly together. From frontend to API, from data collection to product science, Medium engineers work multi-functionally with open communication and feedback.
What Will You Do
- Youll work on high impact projects that improve data availability and quality, and provide reliable access to data for the rest of the business
- Design, architect and support new and existing data and ETL pipelines and recommend improvements and modifications.
- Create optimal data pipeline architecture and systems.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional and non-functional business requirements.
- Be responsible for ingesting data into our data warehouse and providing frameworks and services for operating on that data including the use of Spark.
- Analyze, debug and correct issues with data pipelines
- Communicate strategies and processes around data modeling and architecture to multi-functional groups and senior level management.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Spark and AWS technologies.
- You will build widely used data pipelines and tools making critical business data available to other teams.
- You have at least 5 years of experience implementing complex ETL pipelines preferably in connection with Hadoop or Spark.
- You have lots of experience writing complex SQL and ETL processes
- You have exceptional coding and design skills, particularly in Java/Scala and Python.
- You've worked with large data volumes, including processing, transforming and transporting large-scale data
- You have hands-on experience with AWS and services like EC2, SQS, SNS, RDS, Cache etc.
- You have a BS in Computer Science / Software Engineering or equivalent experience.
- You have knowledge of Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark (including pyspark), Spark streaming, Kafka, Scala, Python, and similar technology stacks
- You have a strong understanding & usage of algorithms and data structures.
Nice To Have
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun yet challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media. Medium is an equal opportunity employer.
- Spark data pipeline and or streaming experience
- Redshift knowledge and operational experience
- Machine Learning expertise
BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists. Were already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like LinkedIn, Salesforce, Visa, Deloitte, and Logitech.
This is a remote role, anywhere in the US!
Your responsibilities will include
Product Engineer - Collaborate with designers and stakeholders to craft consumer grade experiences with SPA frontend (Ember) and RESTful backend (Ruby on Rails).
Lean and Agile Owner - Collaborate with cross functional teams to distill and synthesize requirements into discreet and meaningful iterations that can be implemented quickly to facilitate tight feedback loops and learning via data and metrics. Leverage Lean Startup and Agile methodologies along with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment infrastructure to rapidly prototype and validate ideas.
Data Spelunker - Answer business questions and influence product roadmap decisions using statistical analysis, ad-hoc reporting, or machine learning algorithms for offline modeling. Enable team members to answer questions with data systems and processes that leverage quantitative and qualitative inputs.
Operational Maintainer - Build scalable and tolerant systems using container technologies (Docker) and cloud infrastructure (AWS) as well as internal tooling to accelerate product development cycles.
You will be successful if you
Act as an owner - It’s not done until it’s in production. Adept at moving projects forward and able to unblock projects regardless of role on the project.
Do less, deliver more - Familiar with the terms YAGNI and yak shaving? Focus your efforts on high impact initiatives that really move the needle.
Impress yourself - We hold ourselves to a quality above and beyond something that “just gets it done”. Each line of code is an opportunity to blend craftsmanship with playfulness.
Collaborate without ego - Willing to take on roles small or large in order to further the mission at hand.
Stay on your edge - Continuously learning and applying emerging technologies. Pushing yourself and your team to new heights.
And if you have
5+ years relevant experience, at least part of which in a startup environment
Alignment with BetterUp mission and enabling behavior change
Succeeded in a remote work environment
Frontline maintainer of "production" consumer application (volume, support, debugging)
Strong experience with automated testing patterns
Ruby on Rails, Ember.js, Gitflow, Docker
Experienced in Agile product development processes (SCRUM, Kanban, Lean Startup, etc)
Expert in current web technologies (HTTP, REST, Web Sockets, etc)
Strong verbal and written communication
We provide amazing benefits, but if you ask the team, they’ll tell you that the greatest benefit we offer employees is an incredibly meaningful mission and transformative work.
Full coverage medical, dental and vision insurance
Unlimited use, at your own discretion, vacation policy
14 paid annual holidays
5 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
5 “Volunteer Days” to give back
Professional development through BetterUp coaching for you and a significant other
401(k) self contribution
A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
We are a fast-growing and leading company in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations.
- Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live a healthier and better life
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from
- We thrive on open communication and dedication
- We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities can move up in the organization fast.
If this is the type of company you want to be a part of, apply now!
Job Type and Pay:
We are looking for a talented frontend developer. Pay will be in accordance with abilities and experience.
- Full-time only
- Position is remote
- No agencies
- Must work a minimum of 4 hours within PST time zone between 9AM to 8PM PST
Required Duties & Skills:
- Proficiency in React, Redux, and Redux-Saga
- Experience with React performance testing and performance optimization (React profiler, server-side rendering, code splitting/lazy loading)
- Well-versed in source control with Git
- Able to implement creative and visually-appealing frontend designs
- Ability to translate designs, wireframes, and mockups into highly-composable code
- Collaborating and troubleshooting issues with our backend team and other company stakeholders
- Writing clean, readable code and tests
- Giving and receiving feedback while working with a team
- Strong English-language communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential
- Knowledge of React Native (for mobile app development)
- Experience writing E2E tests with Cypress
- Familiarity with AWS, bitbucket, and Heroku, Material-UI
Our three companies:
Selfhacked.com - With over 1.5 million visitors per month, SelfHacked is the best source of scientific information on supplements and health topics with integrity, no agenda or ideology. We strive for completeness and accuracy, and we work to make it accessible for everyone. The SelfHacked team includes 4 PhDs, 1 PharmD, 2 PhD students, 2 MS in biology, and a few biochemistry graduates.
SelfDecode.com - We analyze people's DNA (over 15,000 users so far) and symptoms and give them health recommendations based on their DNA that are simple and easy to understand using our custom-built algorithms.
LabTestAnalyzer.com - Provides high-quality, science-backed information and lifestyle, diet, and supplement recommendations based on lab test results.
We are very selective in our process because we look for a very long-term, full-time partnership with our employees.
We try to keep the process as short as possible so we don't waste anyone's time. We've designed our tests and procedures so that if someone doesn't score above a certain threshold for a given segment, they are booted from the application process early. Most people will not spend more than 10 min of their time on our process. People who do well keep progressing and ultimately get hired and love working for our company!
If this is the type of company you want to be a part of, apply now!
SENIOR VUE.JS DEVELOPER
We are a growing company with an internal development team that is working on amazing new projects and looking for a Vue.js Developer to further improve our performance and help us build our Cloud Archiving solution. You will be responsible for maintaining and developing highly-intuitive user interface and will collaborate closely with Design, Application Engineering and QA to specify, build, test and deploy new features. You will not only be a great contributor to the quality of our code, but also have important input on our UX strategy, as well as the opportunity to help us build our technical landscape, participate in developing our design system and share your expertise in front-end development with the rest of the team.
- Define coding standards and best practices for the front end
- Write well-documented, extensible code that is easy to maintain and that adheres to predefined coding standards
- Own the overall quality of code including unit testing and functional testing
- Find and address performance issues
- Work collaboratively and consult with our development team, provide guidance to the development process and perform code reviews
- Assist in the architecture, development and integration of software components into fully functional software systems
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and discuss potential solutions to problems
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in front-end web development
- Minimum 1 year of extensive experience with Vue.js, alternatively with Angular/React
- Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 including preprocessors
- Expert knowledge of jQuery and BootStrap
- Experience with Single Page Applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Motivation to learn new technologies, continually improve and work with little direction by understanding business goals and performing self-directed research
Bonus points for experience with:
- Writing unit tests
- Local Storage and ES6
What we offer:
- Full-time remote position
- Flexible hours ‒ it’s about getting the work done, not about when desk chairs are filled
- High-end laptop and other equipment
- Great working atmosphere with regular team building activities
- A chance to be part of a casual, but highly professional international team
- Conferences, trainings and events
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Exposure to emerging technologies and practices (Cloud, AWS...)
If you think we'd be a good fit, please send us a cover letter and resume in English.
Narrative is building the first global data marketplace. It has often been said that data is the new currency. Unfortunately, maximizing the value of data is often easier said than done. On one side, transacting via individual point to point integrations carries a lot of overhead in both business development and technical integration efforts. On the other, going through big aggregators introduces opacity in the pricing and provenance of the data. At Narrative, we help our customers get value from their data by building a central auction platform to reduce the friction and tooling to increase the transparency in this process.
We are a small, early stage team looking for great developers who want to jump in and take major systems and user-facing features from design to launch. Here’s where we are now:
We are operating in Amazon Web Services. Our services are mainly deployed on EC2 provisioned with Terraform.
We also heavily use other technology on AWS such as DynamoDB, S3, and RDS.
Our backend includes a data ingestion web service with supporting Kinesis consumers, along with a growing array of Spark projects. It’s written mostly in Scala, with a smattering of Python for lambda functions.
We sit somewhere in the middle of the “Scala as a worse Haskell” and “Scala as a better Java” spectrum. We love functional programming and we do make use of libraries like cats, but at the same time we heavily favor core language features and have no intention of rewriting everything using Free Monads.
Our web app UI is written in Typescript with Angular2 and a supporting API running on Node, and is deployed and monitored using much the same supporting tech as the backend.
Other services we use include: GitHub, CircleCI, DataDog.
Here are some examples of projects that we would like some help with:
Interactive tools to help buyers discover the data they need to accomplish their business objectives.
Interactive tools to help sellers maximize the yield from the data that they are selling.
Data analytics pipelines to drive the interactive report UIs. For example: reports for yield forecasting and deal pre-qualification.
The ideal candidate should:
Thoroughly understand the HTTP lifecycle and how the browser interacts with web APIs.
Enjoy building fast, user-friendly UIs.
Not be afraid of contributing to the entire stack when the need arises, given that frontend doesn’t simply mean HTML/CSS. For instance, a feature might require
some metrics to be computed from a Spark Report
creating a MySQL migration script
tweaking S3 permissions and terraform scripts for deployment
We are not looking for a 100% fit on all the technology buzzwords, but we are looking for someone with strong technical skills who is eager to pick up new technologies as necessary.
We are building the team with a remote-first mindset, and as a result every team member is expected to have an ability to synthesize business requirements, distill the domain, contribute to high-level design documents, efficiently communicate asynchronously, and more generally work autonomously toward a shared vision.
Continuously investing in quality (code quality, tests, pull request reviews, refactoring…) is part of our strategy to sustainably maximize the business value we deliver.
Apply at [email protected]
Find out more about Company Culture.
More about the hiring process.
A day in the life of a dev.
We’re looking for talented developers who want to be part of a young company in an exciting time of growth, and to help make EmailOctopus the preferred email platform for millions of users worldwide.
Set up by two brothers in London in 2014, we’re a bootstrapped (and profitable!) startup with big ambitions to disrupt the email marketing industry. To date, our customers have sent over 3.5 billion emails and saved in excess of $100,000. Over the next few years, we’re looking to improve our platform, expand our feature set and significantly grow our customer base.
We’re a friendly, personal team and we pride ourselves on delivering outstanding service to our users just as much as we do in building an amazing product. We’re a fully remote business, with the team spread across London, Manchester and Vancouver.
As a developer at EmailOctopus, you’ll be helping maintain our existing platform as well as supporting our biggest project yet: switching from AWS-supported platform to a fully independent email service provider. Your skills will help us ensure that our platform is robust, tested and set up to succeed at scale, so we can keep reliably delivering billions of emails on behalf of our users.
Your skills and experience
We’re looking for developers who are quick to adapt to new technologies. You will have some or all of the skills below, but an appetite to learn is most valuable.
* Strong experience in PHP and its web frameworks, such as Symfony/Laravel
* Familiar with AWS and sysadmin
* Experience in Redis/MySQL/BigQuery
* Experience with Python
* Comfortable with version control
* Interested in developing highly scalable and robust web applications
* Passionate about writing clean and maintainable code
* Workable frontend/UX skills
* Work from anywhere
* The opportunity to be part of a small, growing team who will support you in your future career
* Flexible working hours
* £500 yearly learning budget
* Free yoga