The best remote jobs, hand-picked daily.Post a job for $299
We are looking for a software engineer, passionate (it’s the most important) with several years of experience crafting software (it is better) but if you feel that you have the potential, don't hesitate, and with:
- broad experience in back-end development, HTTP and APIs
- professional experience with Go, knowledge of distributed systems and simplicity, familiar with the UNIX philosophy, database such as MySQL, swagger ...
- A big + would be that you understand or you have worked as a DevOps as we build a DevOps platform.
What is also important is that we are looking for more than just a developer. We are looking for a person who can build with us new features, can bring some new ideas to what could be a great DevOps platform to build a bridge between Dev & Ops & tools.
We work on empowering people so we don't have a full-time product manager due to our culture.
You are of course a team player and know how to work in remote even if you can work at Cycloid office in Paris if you live in IDF. You can decide to work on remote or co-working place if you are located in Europe, we only hire people located in Europe to avoid timezone issue and we don't accept relocation. All the organisation are in an asynchronous manner. We don’t use emails, only Github, Slack, Trello and Hangout.
You have excellent written and oral communication skills in English, another language would be a plus.
The salary will depend on your skills and your localisation. We are fully transparent internally on this topic.
Cycloid is committed to having equality between women and men. In that way, we strongly encourage women's application.
Interested in knowing more and the advantages we offer, please feel free contact us at [email protected] To apply, send us your resume and Open Source / Github code if you have.
About SwissBorg:SwissBorg is a fintech startup building the new era of wealth management on the blockchain. Developed by a team of financial experts, we are decentralized to the world with teams in Toronto, Lausanne, Tokyo and London and operate as a meritocracy. By utilizing the community-centric approach, SwissBorg aims to revolutionize investment in crypto assets.We are looking for talented individual to help us grow our team and reach. If you like fast-paced environments, lots of learning, agile thinking and a flexible work policy, this is your chance to apply!
- Contribute to the development and evolution of our Android apps
- Work closely with the Product, UX/UI, Android and Backend teams
- Write clear and maintainable code with Unit/UI tests
- Evaluate the right technologies and keep yourself up to date to the Android technology landscape
- Constantly improve the quality of our products by fixing bugs and refactoring the code base where necessary
- Implement best practices to ensure app reliability, scalability and security
Skills and requirements:
- Solid experience (3+ years) in developing Android native apps with Kotlin
- Knowledge of Rx (RxKotlin) is a plus
- Knowledge of OkHttp, Retrofit & Moshi is a plus
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development lifecycle
- Strong UX/UI design skills and the care to develop world-class user interfaces
- Enthusiastic, fast learner and a problem solver
- Previous experience working remotely is a big plus
- The ability to propose, listen and accept people's feedbacks
- Flexible, proactive, organized, detail-oriented and entrepreneurial
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Experience in the finance industry a plus
- Experience with encryption, cryptography standards and securing Android app is a plus
- Freedom to create, to research and recommend tools and technologies to support our mobile development
- Working with an experienced team that includes Backend software engineers, DevOps and QAs
- Grow in an environment with experts in crypto, investments, engineering, AI, psychology, and business
- Very competitive Salary and Bonus
- Flexible work hours
We are looking for a software engineer who is passionate about DevOps and strives to build infrastructure that requires minimal human interaction. As a DevOps engineer, you will work closely with software developers to understand their needs, while balancing efficiency, and maintaining critical system uptime. This is a great opportunity for an engineer who is motivated to build resilient and self healing infrastrastructure. You will be integral to our development of a highly available system that leverages automation for fully reproducible builds and deployments.At Big Health, our purpose is to help millions back to good mental health. We do this by creating digital therapeutics: fully automated yet highly personalized programs that are scalable and clinically proven to work. Our programs harness the intimacy of the human voice and the power of animation to engage and entertain, while delivering complex concepts to help our users overcome their unique mental health challenges.
As a Lead DevOps Engineer at Big Health, you will:
- Improve the performance and scalability of existing systems
- Automate provisioning, maintenance, and remediation tasks
- Design and build systems for continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Develop comprehensive monitoring and alerting coverage
- Build and maintain tools to support internal teams
- Support our strong commitment to privacy, security, and compliance
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- 4+ years experience focused on infrastructure as code
- To consider automation a necessity, not a luxury
- To be comfortable utilizing AWS managed solutions by default
- To automate routine tasks to increase efficiency across the team
- A systematic problem-solving approach
- Strong communication skills
Life at Big Health:
- Join a diverse team of all backgrounds, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer
- Autonomy over your work and freedom to input
- Enjoy a clearly structured personal review and development program
- Quarterly happiness survey that we use to ensure we’re creating a healthy and happy workplace for ourselves
- Fund for spending on personal happiness
- Regular team and company events
- Generous vacation and maternity/paternity policy
- Competitive salary and equity package
Auth0, a global leader in Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS), provides thousands of enterprise customers with a Universal Identity Platform for their web, mobile, IoT, and internal applications. Its extensible platform seamlessly authenticates and secures more than 1.5B logins per month, making it loved by developers and trusted by global enterprises. Auth0 has raised more than $110 million to date and continues its global growth at a rapid pace. We are consistently recognized as a great place to work based our outstanding leadership and dedication to company culture, and are looking for the best people to join our incredible team spread across more than 35 countries!Auth0 Solution Architects are the premier customer-facing role acting as advisor, subject-matter expert and delivery partner for our customers and partners. As an experienced solution architect with a focus on solution implementation, youll be responsible for guiding our customers from concept through to go-live and beyond. More specifically, you will be directly responsible for technical solutions related to customer Identity and Access Management and be accountable to both the customer and Auth0.Solutions Architects at Auth0 are passionate technologists who are up-to-date on the latest cloud and hybrid stacks, can dive into code and love nothing more than applying their skills and Auth0 to a customer challenge.
- Be the Auth0 subject-matter expert and go-to resource for delivering Auth0 integrated solutions and Auth0 implementation best practices.
- Work with customers to understand their solution goals and desired outcomes and align those with Auth0 capabilities.
- In collaboration with customers, architect solutions that align with industry and Auth0 best practices and that address customer goals.
- Conduct architectural and code reviews of Auth0 integrated solutions for customers and partners alike.
- Be the voice of the customer and Auth0 solution expert when collaborating with Auth0 internal Product, Security and Engineering teams.
- In collaboration with the other members of the Auth0 Professional Services team, build reusable assets and materials that enable the Auth0 Community.
Requirements - Identity and Access Management Experience:
- Hands-on experience with implementing solutions that integrate identity and access management.
- Hands-on experience with authentication protocols e.g. OAuth2, OpenID Connect, SAML.
- An understanding of core security concerns within a typical application e.g. password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, CSRF.
Requirements Education and Working Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or another engineering discipline is required. Masters Degree is preferred.
- 5+ years working as a Software Engineer, Software Architect or a Consultant.
- Previous Professional Services experience is a plus.
Requirements - Solution Architecture & Development Experience:
- In-depth knowledge and proven experience with at least one web development language/technology e.g. NodeJS, .NET, Java, etc.
- Working knowledge of authentication and authorization protocols and application security.
- Proven experience in architecting and implementing cloud and hybrid solutions with AWS, Azure, Heroku or other cloud platforms, including mobile platforms.
- Experience in designing and developing APIs and RESTFul services.
- Experience with web security best practices and standards.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases e.g. MongoDB, etc.
- Familiar with application integration design patterns.
- Familiar with DevOps processes e.g. continuous integration, etc.
Requirements - Consulting and Leadership Experience:
- Experience in serving as a coach, mentor, subject matter expert, and escalation point for customers, internal teams and colleagues.
- Self-motivation and an ability to execute independently.
- Multitasking and time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a remote setting with remote co-workers.
- Up to 50% travel may be required.
GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We’re looking for a DevOps Engineering Manager for our Professional Services team to hire, develop and manage a high-performing team of engineers. The ideal candidate will have both the aptitude and passion to become a master of GitHub’s product capabilities, underlying technologies, and how to create valued experiences for our customers as they build on the GitHub platform. We need a leader skilled at developing and managing a team of high performing engineering consultants. This person will lead a global team, work closely with our customers, and report to the Manager of Delivery in Professional Services.
- Developing a team: Develop and coach a high-performing team by hiring diverse talent and prioritizing development and coaching. You will help the team establish standards of excellence in their patterns of collaboration and building of solutions for our customers. You will be responsible for building an efficient team as you guide the team in understanding the tradeoffs between the possible decisions they face.
- Provide technical clarity to your team: You will need to provide clarity to your team members about technologies and technical decisions. You will know GitHub’s tools and platform well enough to weigh technical options and help your team members make informed decisions. You will establish criteria for quality and reusability on the team. You will work closely with colleagues in the Professional Services business to determine the feasibility of engagements and technical initiatives. You will need to provide clarity on these topics to the team, as well as to customers that you work with.
- Consistently seek solutions: In this role you will be responsible for helping the Professional Services team create new offerings and providing thought leadership in technology solutions. We need you to feel comfortable taking calculated risks that adapt our solutions to customer’s unique workflows and help grow our team’s abilities.
- Understand the Professional Services business: To thrive in this role you will need to understand how the Professional Services offerings can provide valuable solutions for each customer. We need a team member who feels comfortable delving into the details of a Statement of Work or meeting with technical leaders at some of the world’s largest companies.
- Knowing the pulse of your team: To thrive in this role you will need to know the pulse of the team, what they are working on, how much time it is taking, and the value that is being provided to the customer. You will be responsible for keeping the role sustainable for your engineers while producing the best possible results for customers. You will help team members get greater insight into their abilities and performance by measuring their results.
- You are adept at making trade-offs, cutting scope, and bringing an amazing, focused experience to your customers
- You love helping others improve and you enjoy coaching and mentoring engineers
- You have experience in a Professional Services or consulting role
- You are proud of something you have built on a team you led
- You possess strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to recruit technical teams
Are you passionate about transforming government? Would you like to build free and open source tools that enable teams to more easily build and operate secure and compliant services for agency deployment?
CivicActions is seeking a creative and enthusiastic Security/Compliance Engineer to join our growing (security minded) SRE and DevSecOps team. We are a service and user-oriented group, focused on engineering robust software delivery infrastructure, automation, processes, and teams. The things we build will play an integral role in developing and supporting digital services for federal and state government agencies to help them serve the public better.
CivicActions is a dedicated, fun-loving team, looking for some talented folks to help us bring revolutionary digital services to government agencies and the people they serve.
- Gather evidence, artifacts and applicable controls to produce a System Security Plan (SSP) and/or other compliance docs as needed by our client agencies
- Direct the automation of system compliance and authorization for client services (to make your job easier!)
- Train developers, operations and clients in the use and benefits of automated compliance
- Help define and validate a more complete CI/CD pipeline with security baked in
- Write great code and documentation
- Shape systems and outcomes related to our development process and product experience
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills
- Experience managing compliance for GNU/Linux and cloud environments
- Understanding of security principles such as server hardening and least privilege
- Continuous monitoring concepts and alerts management
- Security certification is a plus (e.g., Security+, CCSP, CISSP, ...)
- Willingness and ability to work remotely (e.g., fast and stable net connection, ...)
- Experience with pentesting/scanning tools (e.g., CodeClimate, OpenSCAP, ZAP…)
Sound good so far? Great, keep reading!
CivicActions is a mission-minded company focused on transforming government through modern software practices. We are looking for others like us with a true passion for using technology to make a positive change in our world. We work in cross-functional, agile teams where communication is open and honest. We encourage and support a balanced lifestyle for each of our team members.
Our team is almost entirely distributed (remote) across the US and Canada. For this position, you can normally work from home or find a great co-working space, although occasional on-site visits and working sessions with clients in Sacramento will be necessary. You will need a computer, webcam, strong internet connection and the ability to keep a Monday to Friday schedule because we are a truly collaborative team. Ideally, your timezone will be within the continental United States.
U.S. citizenship is required for this position as will be a security clearance once you join. Occasional travel to client work sites will also be required.
Join our team as a Cloud Developer Experience Engineer and improve the lives of thousands of developers using our product. Have you ever attempted to use a piece of software only to become frustrated because of missing documentation, bad examples, unintuitive UX/DX? This is your chance to help Platform.sh make sure that no developer ever has that experience with our software. Youll be on a small autonomous team that focuses entirely on making developers passionate about our product. Youll be exposed to a wide variety of software running on multiple stacks, and will get to tinker with all the new shiny things that come along. Youll then translate your learnings into templates, learning and training materials, workshops, and conference talks to make sure that the largest number of developers benefit from your wisdom. Youll help us make Platform.sh better by gathering feedback and best-practices from our users, for whom you will be a fierce advocate. Youll work remotely. Responsibilities
- Critically evaluate the developer experience of Platform.sh tools and products, with a focus on Java developers and workflows
- Maintain project starting templates in various stacks and languages
- Publish how-to articles and tutorials
- Prepare and give product demos, online and at conferences (estimated traveling on this position is less than 20% of working time)
- Run training workshops, online and at conferences
- General problem solving and technical tinkering
- 3+ years experience working as a Software Engineer
- Must have:
- Expertise in writing and deploying Java web applications - specifically you have some experience with J2EE on Tomcat and WildFly, plus Spring Boot knowledge
- A cover letter written in perfect English that shows how you will inspire developers with your writing and passion for software
- Great to have:
- Familiarity with the main web scripting languages: Ruby, Golang, Node.js, Python or PHP (yeah, we just called Golang a scripting language, the world wont end)
- Nice to have:
- Experience with other JVM languages very appreciated, especially Scala and Clojure
- Erlang / Elixir chops
- A secret crush on Rust (we dont do any Rust, but some of us would really love to do everything in Rust)
- You should have a good level of networking and system knowledge. Specifically you have at least a good basic understanding of containers and you have an excellent understanding of HTTP (please dont submit your CV if you cant tell a 301 from a 404, and we do expect you to at least know about TLS).
- Excellent knowledge of Git: you rebase like a god and you do not lose consciousness when you hear bisect.
- You should have a good grasp of relational databases (Postgres / MySQL), caches (Redis), Search-Engines (Elastic Search, but if you only" have some Solr chops, we wont complain), Message Queues (any really, but we provide RabbitMQ and Kafka) and how they fit into an architecture.
- You should have a good understanding of deployment workflows and some of the DevOps tooling (stuff like Puppet and Chef, anything from Hashicorp).
- Published technical articles or presentations.
- Experience giving presentations or trainings, eg. at conferences.
We're searching for a senior engineer with extensive experience building web applications that combine solid architecture, security and scalability with a focus on customer experience. You will be a vital team player who is able to balance the core platform requirements of the business with the ability to embrace new technology and best-practice innovations in the sector. Creating web services with a keen focus on API consumability is second nature. You are comfortable working on large projects, taking them forward and making recommendations to the direction they take based on evidence provided by hard data. You can spot a well designed API and have proven experience working with and developing critical APIs at scale. Split at a glance
- A single app, with a large pipeline of new integrating clients.
- Stack snapshot: Rails, RSpec, PostgreSQL, Redis, Puma, Yarn, Webpack, AWS.
- Process management: Asana, GitHub.
- TDD with 100% coverage (according to Simplecov).
- We ?? code reviews.
- Design, develop and iterate through new features.
- Provide insight and advice to other key stakeholders.
- Review and mentor other team members. Be a team player!
- Ensure production-ready high code quality.
- Continually consider the product from both a holistic and specific view-point.
- Security reviews.
- Technical planning with proven experience designing APIs with scale and security in
- Comfortable with CSS, HTML and associated front end technologies.
- Familiar with CI/CD processes.
- Highly attentive to detail (nothing is too small to notice or correct).
- DevOps and AWS
- Modern JS and frameworks (ES2018, React, Redux, etc )
- Be assiduous.
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- Be respectful.
- Be flexible.
- Be proactive.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics.
- Competitive salary package commensurate with experience.
- Great employment benefits and working situation (remote friendly).
- Rapid career advancement opportunities.
- Read more about our approach at http://www.splitpayments.com.au/careers
Location: Paris, France or remote
Software Heritage is hiring: seeking a Paris-based full-time devops engineer
Software Heritage is an ambitious nonprofit, entirely Free/Open Source Software (FOSS) project that aims at collecting, organizing, preserving for the very long term, and sharing all publicly available software in source code form, together with the corresponding complete development history (e.g., from a Version Control System) where available. The Software Heritage archive already contains about 6 billion unique source code files and 1 billion commits, retrieved from more than 80 million software projects.
We are looking for a senior devops engineer with either strong (Python) programming skills and a pronounced interest in (GNU/Linux) system administration or strong system administration skills and backend programming experience, to grow our operations team. The team is in charge of guaranteeing reliability of our day-by-day archiving activities, integrity of the Software Heritage archive in collaboration with mirror operators, and maintaining an efficient development environment for our developers.
The right candidate will:be a strong critical thinker and efficient problem solver, be able to communicate and work collaboratively with team members, be able to dig deeply into technical details, configurations, and scripting, lead incident response, diagnosis and follow-up on system outages or alerts across the entire infrastructure, have a knack for keeping the complexity of large, heterogeneous distributed system under control.
As senior devops engineer you will primarily work with the following technologies:Debian GNU/Linux, Puppet, PostgreSQL, Distributed architecture (RabbitMQ, Kafka), Icinga/Prometheus/ELK monitoring, Proxmox, KVM virtualization, LXC and Docker containers, large scale object storage (Ceph, cloud-based object storages), AWS and Azure, POSIX shell scripting, Python programming.
Working knowledge or interest of the following techniques and technologies would be a plus:highly scalable architectures, microservice based architectures, event driven infrastructures, IaaS/PaaS cloud offerings, Debian packaging, REST API principles, C system programming.
A successful candidate will have strong system administrator skills and programming fluency in at least a couple of system- and/or application-level programming languages, as well as a solid track record of participation in existing FOSS projects and communities.
All the code developed as part of this position will be developed openly and released under a FOSS license.
Workplace and salary
The job should be worked on-site at Inria’s Paris headquarters. Remote work might be an option, depending on the candidate and on their willingness to visit headquarters on a regular basis.
The salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
What you will do?????? We are looking for a Front-end Developer (ideally ?? React) to join our product team. Responsibilities You'll be in charge of developing User Interfaces integrated into our product micro Front-end architecture. You'll be working in a fully Agile team to help creating attractive and effective user interfaces. Your missions will be: ?????? Create web applications (mostly ?? React) designed for the end user, helped by our ? Design System, and maintainable by your teammates. ? Improve existing interfaces with UX and performance in mind. ? Contribute to improving our design system by adding React components to share among all teams. ? Industrialize your developments so that they are integrated as soon as possible into our daily deliveries to production.
About the teamYou will be part of the Product team which consists of twenty people with Back-end developers, DevOps, QA Testers, UI/UX Designer, and Product Managers. You will work in a friendly and open minded work environment.
As a DevOps Engineer, you are embedded within an engineering team and have one foot in operations, the other in development. You care deeply about uptime, reliability and automation. You help your colleagues make product changes quickly and all of us deliver value to our clients faster. You do things like help get new services into production, ensure effective monitoring and alerting and help us grow our infrastructure platform to accommodate the demands of a growing client base, and so forth.
You will fit in well with us, if you:
- Reside in North or South America. Yes, we are a distributed company, but since we are still small, we like to minimize the time zone spread within the team.
- Are an excellent communicator. In our small team, English is the official language. You need to be able to articulate complex ideas efficiently and effectively. When people do not share an office, it is essential to pay extra attention to communication.
- Have a solid technical background. You should have at least 5 years of professional experience and be able to point to a track record of caring about production systems with significant usage.
- Feel at home with Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Linux and shell scripting. You have been working in current cloud-based environments (such as AWS or GCP), but you don’t feel tied to one platform and generally appreciate picking the “right tool for the job.”
- Like to learn and strive to do so often. As a company we improve to the extent that our team does. It starts with each individual. Humility and an open mind help a lot.
- Ideally know what it is like to work in distributed development teams, or better yet, thrive in them. It probably means you already know you don’t need a structured office environment with a manager who checks in on you once a day. Likewise, you know that you will do best from your home office.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and the communities we serve.
Principals only please.
- Reside in North or South America. Yes, we are a distributed company, but since we are still small, we like to minimize the time zone spread within the team.
What you will do:
You'll help Patreon scale the foundation of a platform that helps creators pay rent and enables higher levels of creativity.
You'll establish a standard of high availability and reliability for Patreon's production systems.
You'll influence the direction of our technical roadmap.
Create and administer infrastructure -- cloud services, hosts, monitoring tools -- for highly reliable and scalable web applications and data stores.
Build automated tooling to configure and maintain our systems and services.
Identify and solve issues in our stack.
Work closely with your peers in security and engineering.
Participate in an on-call rotation ~1 week per month.
Projects you might work on:
Leveling up how we approach and handle logging.
Improving our deploy pipeline.
Revamp our approach to alerting.
Working with our security team to improve the security of our infrastructure.
Skills and experience you possess:
You have experience in DevOps or Site Reliability for a company experiencing fast-paced growth.
You are knowledgable in configuration management with a framework such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
You're comfortable with AWS, Linux, and MySQL can operate all of them from the CLI.
You are proficient with a programming language like Python or Ruby, and with shell scripting.
Your documentation, collaboration, and verbal communication skills are excellent.
You are inclined to automate, but can discern when automation isn't the best solution and present alternatives.
You've worked with continuous integration and deployment systems, and have ideas about how to build and improve those systems.
You strongly believe in the importance of security, and enjoy the idea of partnering with the security team to ensure the integrity of our customers' data.
You have productive habits, healthy process awareness, and good teamwork skills and instincts.
Our goal at Nash is to make trading, holding, and interacting with cryptocurrencies accessible to everyone. We are looking for DevOps engineers (remote) to assist with the deployment of our exchange matching engine, settlement layer, and APIs. You should be well versed in best practices for deploying, monitoring, and updating highly secure systems.
> Build infrastructure for the secure deployment and monitoring of our exchange services.
> Document your work thoroughly so that others can work with and build upon it.
> Engage in test-driven development practices.
> Work asynchronously with a fully remote team.
We are looking for
> 4+ years in a prior DevOps role.
> Experience managing cloud provider services (e.g., AWS GCP) using Terraform.
> Experience deploying highly secure systems (such as financial software).
> Experience managing cloud provider services (e.g., AWS GCP).
> Extensive knowledge of Kubernetes, microservice deployments, and CI/CD (Gitlab)
> Experience with managing distributed systems in Elixir.
We prefer but don't require
> 1+ years experience working with Elixir.
> Experience working in remote teams.
> A history of contributing to open source software.
> Experience working with OTP, Ecto, and Plug.
> Familiarity with Elixir typespecs.
This position is 100% remote-based.
A brief overview:
GitLab is building an open source, single application for the entire DevOps lifecycle—from project planning and source code management to CI/CD, monitoring, and security.
We already have a large team of UX Designers and Researchers, and we're planning to more than double the team's size over the next year. You can look over our organizational chart to see open vacancies.
Our UX Designers work across a range of disciplines, including evaluative research, interaction design, UX strategy, prototyping, and visual design.
At GitLab, we live and breathe open source principles. This means our entire handbook is online, and with a few clicks you can find the details of future releases and an overview of the product vision you’d contribute to when working here.
What you can expect in a UX Designer role at GitLab:
- You'll help improve the overall experience of our product through research and design.
- You'll define the product goals, roadmap, and strategy, all to solve user problems.
- You’ll work alongside UX Researchers, Product Managers, and Engineers to iterate on new features within the GitLab product.
- You’ll communicate your design thinking and ideas through wireframes, prototypes, user flows, mockups, and hi-fidelity visual designs.
- You’ll engage with our user base and the wider GitLab community to understand their pain points and work toward long-term fixes that enable them to succeed with their goals.
- You’ll undertake usability testing to validate your thinking. (We’ve got an excellent team of UX Researchers who can offer guidance, as needed.)
- You’ll share findings from research and testing with the wider team, ensuring recommendations are communicated effectively across our organization.
- You’ll contribute to our Design System, alongside the rest of the UX team and the GitLab community as a whole.
Projects you might work on:
We have vacancies across our Create, Secure, Defend, Monitor, Package, Configure, Release & Verify, Growth, Geo, Fulfillment, Ecosystem, and Distribution stage groups. We work using Agile methodologies and ship features monthly.
You should apply if:
- You’ve got at least a few years of experience designing developer tools, enterprise software, or complex web applications.
- You enjoy getting involved in research and usability testing, and you continually look to improve your user research abilities.
- You want to design for a complex product with technical users who have continually evolving needs.
- You’ve got a portfolio of work that shows us your product design skills across user research, UX strategy, wireframing, prototyping, product strategy, and visual design.
- The idea of playing a key part in the evolution of our Pajamas Design System is truly exciting to you.
- Our values of collaboration, results, efficiency, diversity, iteration, and transparency resonate with you.
What it’s like to work here at GitLab:
The culture here at GitLab is something we’re incredibly proud of. Because GitLabbers are currently located in 51 different countries, you’ll spend your time collaborating with kind, talented, and motivated colleagues from across the globe.
Some of the benefits you’ll be entitled to vary by the region or country you’re in. However, all GitLabbers are fully remote and receive a "no ask, must tell" paid-time-off policy, where we don’t count the number of days you take off annually. You can work incredibly flexible hours, enabled by our asynchronous approach to communication. Also, every nine months or so, we’ll invite you to our Contribute event.Remote-Asia
As a Customer Success Manager, you will be responsible for onboarding and training new CloudBees customers and prospects. Working closely with our Sales, Customer Engagement, and Professional Services team, you will use your strong communication skills and technical know-how to wow Corporate, Enterprise and Fortune 500 customers as you help them - for the first time - realize the value that CloudBees brings to their business.
The ideal candidate is experienced in Enterprise Technology, loves helping customers, and is comfortable with technical and highly configurable Enterprise Technology solutions. Attention to detail, strong communication skills, and a customer-centric orientation are required. This is a rare opportunity to join a fast growing company with an open and collaborative work environment and help define Customer Success at CloudBees.
- Promote a customer first environment at all times.
- Become a CloudBees Continuous Delivery Platform domain expert.
- Understand the goals & objectives of new customers and translate those needs appropriately through the implementation and onboarding process.
- Work closely with clients and their tech teams to fully integrate CloudBees into their technology stack.
- Train clients in software platform basics and provide progressive guidance throughout the acquisition and onboarding launch process.
- Track and hit key implementation milestones.
- 2+ years experience in a customer-facing role
- Strong knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience with DevOps tools, or Enterprise offerings of Open Source Software
- Experience working with and managing Public Sector agencies and accounts
- Knowledge and experience using and supporting enterprise software, ideally a continuous integration / continuous delivery solution
- Strong organizational and analytical skills. Attention to detail.
- Critical thinking and proven complex problem solving skills required.
- Customer first mentality; ability to empathize and build customer loyalty.
- Four year engineering or technical degree, or equivalent required.
- Background in computing, software development
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
- Promote a customer first environment at all times.
RemoteThis position is remote based.
At GitLab, we are fundamentally changing the way our customers get their software to market by putting the entire DevOps lifecycle into a single application. With over 100,000 organizations using the product GitLab is one of the fastest growing companies in technology. Our channel teams are responsible for building, enabling, supporting and driving revenue with SIs, VARs, VADs, and DMRs. Our channel partners deliver both sales and professional services to our joint customers. Together, we make our customers successful in achieving their business outcomes with the GitLab product as they move to truly modern DevOps. We know that our customers trust GitLab to take their ideas all the way from plan to shipped product in production. we take that responsibility seriously and are building a worldwide partner program with like-minded partners. We have an incredible existing, and rapidly growing, customer base, with a passionate, supportive open-source community and incredibly talented teams located in 40 countries focused on supporting them.
We're looking for an experienced leader to lead our worldwide channel teams and programs.
As Vice President, Global Channels, you will be responsible for bringing your strategic vision and innovative approach to build a multi-tier global channel program to support a seamless go-to-market with our high-touch sales organization and customer success team. Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, you will play a key role in driving leads, new and expansion revenue, service delivery, customer goals, market expansion, by building an ecosystem of partners and programs that deliver massive value to our customers and to GitLab.
If you have an action mindset and are excited by the idea of quickly scaling globally, this is a rare opportunity to join a bold, fast-moving, transparent, values-driven leadership team and company while engaging with some of the best partners in every geography in the world.
- Determine partner strategy to build and grow GitLab’s presence across all key market segments and regions to achieve business targets.
- Recruit, onboard and develop committed, loyal, scalable resellers regionally. Gather market data and identify untapped market potential.
- Continually assess, clarify, and validate partner needs. Track, measure and report-out on channel effectiveness against targets, and adjust programs and strategies as necessary.
- Understand our partners’ businesses, and develop strategies and incentives to make them more profitable through our partnership.
- Work cross-functionally internally to ensure messaging alignment, operational coordination and evangelization of partner strategy.
- Partner with marketing to ensure the execution of programs and events to drive channel leads, pipeline and deal progression. Develop joint messaging and value propositions that highlight mutually beneficial relationship and value to end customer, along with repeatable sales enablement programs and toolkits.
- Coordinate and conduct sales and technical training for partners.
- Balance our internal services team for quality and program development with external partners for service delivery and scale
- 10+ years of progressive channel leadership experience globally within the software devops industry.
- Experience building and managing channel programs in multiple regions around the world (Americas, EMEA, APAC, US Public Sector)
- Demonstrable track record of success in worldwide channels strategic planning, owning sales targets and managing sales forecast.
- Experience in a high-growth company. Strong ability to interact and influence effectively with C-level executives and team members
- Record of recruiting and enabling top talent.
- Ability to quickly understand technical concepts and explain them to audiences of varying technical expertise.
- High caliber, dynamic personality.
- Excellent time management and written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel globally as needed
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
RemoteThis position is remote based.
We have an exciting opportunity for a seasoned Sales and Customer Enablement leader to join a growing software DevOps organization. Reporting to the VP of Field Operations, you will be responsible for building and managing a virtual, world-class global sales training and enablement program.
- Develop and lead the successful execution of the sales enablement plan and programs to ensure internal and external customers and partners are equipped with content, resources, tools and training to effectively differentiate and sell the GitLab solution.
- Oversee the development of education and training content in collaboration with marketing and other SMEs to identify and develop core curriculum, customized regionally as needed, for various internal and external audiences.
Lead and facilitate sales training activities, including new hire training and onboarding, ongoing sales meetings, and regional/sales team training (includes all levels of the sales team, customer success, and BDR/SDR, as well as external customers and channel partners).
- Ensure alignment of sales enablement activities with key internal and external events, such as new product releases, campaigns, and essential industry trade shows.
- Manage and drive online, self-paced on-boarding and result-driven continual learning.
- Leverage Salesforce.com CRM infrastructure and other tools for delivering formal and informal/social learning.
- Develop sales competency assessment programs, as well as partner certification programs.
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of sales enablement investments and the programs conducted.
- Determine opportunities for improving the sales learning experience, and identify innovative techniques for delivery.
- 10+ years software sales experience with expertise in DevOps and/or Open Source, preferably in sales enablement or management.
- Working knowledge of sales training technology and methodologies; demonstrable experience with sales enablement concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relevant experience preparing, developing, and executing global sales teams’ effectiveness strategies, tactics and action plans for a technology platform.
- Ability to quickly understand technical concepts and explain them to audiences of varying technical expertise (sales team, customers, channel partners, and internal support partners).
- Experience growing within a small start-up. Strong ability to interact and influence effectively with C-level executives and team members.
- Exceptional written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Team player with strong intrapersonal skills, skilled at project management and cross-functional collaboration.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
At Codelitt Incubator, we put the users of our software first. Help lead the development of innovative new products. This will require leading a team of designers, developers, QA, and devops to build a software product which solves your customers’ problems in the best and most efficient way. You’ll be working with the product’s customers to gather feedback, implementing a plan to reach each milestone, and working with the software team to deliver results. Each milestone must be delivered on time, within budget & within scope.
Must be US based however remote work is allowed. We're looking for someone with at least 2 years of professional experience who is sharp and learns quickly on the job.
RemoteAs the Director of Product, CI/CD you will be responsible for managing and building the team that focuses on the CI/CD sub-department. This sub-department within our product is a critical gateway to the operations functions in our later Configure, Monitor and Defend stages. The sub-department is anchored around our industry leading CI functionality and expanding release management capabilities.If you:
- Built CI/CD devops tools
- Mentored and grown a product management team
- Have a deep appreciation for release managers and QE professional AND
- Have a knack for iteration
You'd make a perfect candidate for this vacancy.Specifically, the CI/CD sub-department is responsible for the product management team covering:
- Make sure you have a great product team (recruit and hire, sense of progress, promote proactively, identify underperformance)
- Contribute to the GitLab vision and ensure there is cohesion within the Verify, Package and Release stages as all other parts of our single application
- Define and achieve success metrics with the Head of Product, and CEO
- Distill the CI/CD vision into a compelling roadmap, with the overall goal of growing users of GitLab CI/CD features
- Communicate the CI/CD roadmap and vision to internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with Product Marketing, Sales, Customer Success and Engineering
- Drive product iteration in the three areas mentioned above
- Work with customers, users, and other teams to make feature proposals enticing, actionable, and small
- Keep /direction up to date as our high level roadmap and vision for GitLab
- Regularly join customer and partner visits that can lead to new features and understanding on the user journey through the application
- Ensure that we understand why users are not using CI/CD features and translate these reasons into features that can be added to make the experience easier and more seamless
- Make sure the release announcements are attractive and cover relevant CI/CD capabilities
- Be present on social media (hacker news, twitter, stack overflow, mailing list), especially around releases
- 3-5 years experience in managing product managers
- 8-10 years of experience in product management
- Technical background and clear understanding of developer products; familiarity with Git, Continuous Integration, and Project Management software a plus
- 3-5 years experience product managing CI/CD tools
- Experience with hiring and scaling product management teams
- Demonstrated results of building successful devops tools
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Candidates will be invited to a 30 minute screening call with a member of our Recruiting team
- Candidates will then be invited to a 45 minute interview with one of our Directors of Product
- Candidates will then be invited to a 45 minute interview with one of our Product Managers
- Candidates will then be invited to a 45 minute interview with one of our Directors of Engineering
- Candidates will then be invited to a 45 minute interview with the Head of Product
- Candidates may then be invited to a 2-hour deep-dive session
- Candidates may be invited to a final 50 minute interview with our CEO
We are looking for a thoughtful, detail-oriented developer to be the next member of our growing developer-owned, remote-friendly, people-first, hyphen-loving company.
The ideal candidate would have several years of experience working in open source web frameworks. They would also be eager to learn, grow, and foster healthy working relationships.
If you have experience building production web applications and are as passionate about helping customers as you are about working with new technologies, then we want to talk!
Skills & Requirements
Do you love to work directly with customers to solve business problems?
We believe great software is discovered by understanding the core problems our clients are facing – and that is best achieved through frequent and direct communication with the subject matter experts. We provide leadership to support and guide interactions, but we need you to be comfortable talking with clients, discussing problems, and proposing solutions, which may not always be more software.
Do you have experience writing production web applications?
We strive to support our team’s growth, learning, and taking on new roles at the edge of our comfort zones. At the same time, our clients expect us to bring a certain level of expertise. If you have never worked on a production web application, it is unlikely you will succeed here, even if you have other types of engineering experience.
Are you able to work remotely, within +/- 2 hours of US Eastern time zone?
We all mostly work from home. This requires the ability to self-direct and communicate well in writing. It also offers tremendous freedom and power, which comes with, uh, tremendous responsibility. We currently require our team to be within a 2hr time zone difference of Richmond, VA and physically based in the United States.
Being within easy driving distance of Richmond or Charlottesville is a huge plus!
Open source web development platforms (Rails, Django, Node.js)
Writing tests and using automated testing frameworks
Modern HTML/CSS (nothing crazy, we have a design team)
Mobile-first development, iOS/Android, React Native, etc.
WHAT WE OFFER
A Great Team – Our team of engineers and designers is the best part of working here. We only hire people who are fantastic teammates – competent and smart, sure, but also humble, positive, and generous.
Great Clients – We work with mostly small and medium clients, for whom our projects make a huge impact. We prioritize clients who are pleasant and good to work with, people who share our values of transparency and empathy.
Work From Home – We are a distributed company. Everyone works from home, though the leadership team all live in central Virginia.
Negligible Travel – In general, we don’t travel routinely for projects. If this is a specific concern, we’re happy to discuss.
Flexible Work Schedule – We require a certain amount of overlap with the rest of the team, but if you have a predictable schedule, we can probably support it, e.g., ending at 3:30 every day or being out every Friday morning.
Good Work Life Balance (really) – We ask our team to work 40 hours a week*. That’s all: a good, productive 40 hours. And then we try our best to leave you alone off the clock. We do this in part because that’s how we want to live but also because we want our team to be recharged and ready to do their best when working. *If you need to work fewer than 40 hours, that might be possible too; let’s talk.
Competitive Compensation – We offer highly competitive salary and benefits, including generous time off, 401k, FSA, medical and dental insurance.
At GitLab, our team of technical writers is responsible for ensuring that the documentation for all of our products is clear, correct, and easy to use. We are looking for great writers with strong technical proficiencies who will help our users succeed with our rapidly evolving suite of developer tools.
You’ll collaborate with our engineers, who write the first draft of docs for the new features they create. You’ll dive in on special projects, authoring new content and working on new site features and processes. You’ll collaborate with others across the organization to craft tutorials and other educational resources. You’ll be at the leading edge of DevOps while contributing to one of the world’s largest open-source projects and engaging with our wider community.
GitLab is an all-remote company, and this is a remote position with no geographical requirements.
- Continuously improve GitLab’s documentation content in collaboration with engineers, product managers, and others.
- Review and edit doc plans and content for all new and enhanced features.
- Produce written and video tutorials for getting started with GitLab features and for specific use cases.
- Help developers and other members of the community who have documentation-related questions.
- Identify and address content gaps or the need for additional media such as diagrams or videos.
- Participate in reviews and revamps of section or page content and structure.
- Help review and triage incoming suggestions, corrections, and other content from the community.
- Continuously improve GitLab’s documentation site features and user experience in collaboration with engineers and other technical writers. This may include the documentation site’s design, search, build process, feedback methods, SEO, visitor analytics, versioning, and other technical components.
- Contribute to the planning and code of new site features and enhancements.
- Coordinate with frontend and backend engineers when their help is needed.
- Contribute to the improvement of team process and style, as well as cross-functional efforts.
- Act as a reviewer of release blog posts and contributor to GitLab’s Handbook.
- Make it easy for contributors from the community—internal and external—to submit quality documentation.
- Contribute to the documentation Style Guide and documentation process guides.
- Collaborate and improve upon collaborative processes with others including product managers, Support, Marketing, Engineering, and the wider GitLab community.
- You have:
- An affinity for managing and writing software documentation.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Understanding of what makes documentation clear and effective.
- Great teaching skills that translate into amazing written work.
- Familiarity with the Linux or Mac command line.
- Experience using Git, HTML/CSS, and at least one programming language (though this does not need to be from a professional context).
- You are:
- Highly organized; able to triage and prioritize numerous issues and projects.
- Able to succeed in a remote, globally distributed work environment.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
You’ll receive special consideration if you have experience with:
- Static site generators and managing docs as code.
- DevOps tools.
- Advanced programming or other technical experience.
Our hiring process is described in more detail in our Handbook's Hiring section. When you apply, please include a cover letter that describes why you are interested in this position and in what ways you are well-qualified for it.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.Remote-CHAR
- Continuously improve GitLab’s documentation content in collaboration with engineers, product managers, and others.
remote, North America
At GitLab, we are fundamentally changing the way our customers get their software to market by putting the entire DevOps lifecycle into a single application. With over 100,000 organizations using the product GitLab is one of the fastest growing companies in technology. Our customer success teams are responsible for ensuring that our customers are wildly successful in achieving their business outcomes with the GitLab product as they move to truly modern DevOps. A complete long-term engagement of planning, strategy, coaching, services and relationship building ensures our customers exceed their goals and digitally transform. We know that our customers trust GitLab to take their ideas all the way from plan to shipped product in production and we don’t take that responsibility lightly. We have an incredible existing, and rapidly growing, customer base, with a passionate, supportive open-source community and incredibly talented teams located in 40 countries focused on supporting them.
The Sales Commissions Manager leads and manages GitLab's field sales commissions programs globally. This requires collaboration with cross-functional departments and leveraging systems for all related business processes in a fast-paced distributed environment. This requires someone to be extremely well organized, analytical and detailed-oriented, with a solid knowledge of Sales Incentive Compensation best practices and related operational execution to help drive innovative solutions and optimize field effectiveness. In particular be an expert administrator with Xactly and have managed all aspects of end-to-end commissions processes. The Sales Commissions Manager supports the vision of Gitlab’s sales leadership team and reports to our Sr. Manager, Sales Strategy.
- Own worldwide field sales commissions calculations, reporting, policies and provide first-tier support for all end-user technical or commission inquiries
- Partner with various functions such as Sales Operations, People Operations and Finance to establish best practices, as well as drive on-going process refinement to improve the efficiency and accuracy of sales commissions methodology, calculations and reporting
- Provides high quality, timely responses to the field sales and sales management and communicates complex logic and analysis in a manner that is consumable
- Ownership of commissions systems process and infrastructure, along with project manage implementation of any changes
- Participate as a key member of the Sales Incentive team and provide guidance on global design, delivery of deployed plans, governance, controls, metrics and best practices
- Research compensation issues, disputes, appeals and provide analysis to facilitate resolution.
- Responsible for timely and accurate preparation of monthly accruals, deferrals, reconciliations and provide fluctuation analysis for commissions accounting
- Train Field Sales new hires on compensation plans and system
- Maintain data integrity within Xactly, Salesforce.com and other related systems
- Assist external audit firm on commission related matters for quarterly reviews and annual audits and ad hoc requests
- Ensure compliance with SOX for compensation documents, processes, programs and policies
- BA/BS degree in accounting, finance, economics or other quantitative fields preferred
- 5+ years relevant experience and a solid understanding of sales incentive programs, processes and procedures
- Advanced analytical and modeling skills with the ability to interpret and analyze data
- Ability to partner, collaborate and influence across functional areas (e.g. Finance, People Operations and Sales) and support multiple business partners
- Excellent problem solving, project management, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Deep SFDC, Xactly expertise and knowledge of typical enterprise SaaS tools
- SaaS and B2B experience preferred
- Interest in GitLab, and open source software
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.Remote-AUS