The best remote jobs, hand-picked daily.Post a job for $299
About the TeamThe Recommendations team at Scribd owns the platform to create personalized recommendations for Scribd users. Creating effective recommendations for books and documents is a crucial part of highlighting the right set of content to Scribd users, based on the inference of their preferences. The Recommendations team uses state of the art technologies in Data Analytics and Machine Learning to provide a scalable, high performance solution to create personalized recommendations for millions of users.We are continuously innovating and improving the capabilities of the Recommendations Platform to achieve high levels of user engagement by creating personalized recommendations. We’re looking for engineers who have a strong expertise in creating robust and highly scalable data processing solutions using large scale Data Analytics and Machine Learning technologies.Key Responsibilities• You'll be responsible for driving the innovation on the Recommendations Platform to enhance existing features as well as build new capabilities to create personalized recommendations.• Owning the design and development of critical components of the Recommendations Platform.• Analyzing customer activity using technologies such as Hive and Spark to identify the core set of attributes used for Data Analytics and Machine Learning models.• Implementing complex Machine Learning algorithms using technologies such as Spark ML to create personalized recommendations of books, documents and other content.• Owning the interface between the Recommendations Platform and the UI frontend to provide a low latency, highly available API.• Working closely with the Data Science team to design and execute A/B tests, analyze metrics, understand KPIs and identify next steps to continuously improve the user experience.• Collaborating with cross functional teams to review requirements and owning design and implementation activities for cross-team dependencies.About You• You’re a strong hands on Software Engineer who enjoys owning core components of the platform and creating highly scalable solutions to complex problems.• You are always learning and always working to improve your craft.• You are passionate about achieving cross team collaboration and setting best practices for the team in areas such as architecture, design, coding, code reviews and production rollout.Requirements• 3+ years of experience in design and development of large scale platforms/services.• Familiarity with developing Machine Learning models using Spark ML or other ML frameworks and using A/B testing to measure effectiveness.• Experience in Ruby, Hive, Spark and Scala would be a plus.• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience.
Who We Are
Dia&Co is the only retail service dedicated to meeting the plus size community’s full range of style needs. We’re applying the best of data and technology to serve women who have been ignored for far too long—from developing the shopping experiences she’s always wanted, to building community platforms that inspire her, to ensuring she sees herself represented in the world around her.
What We’re Looking For
We are seeking an expert software developer who wants to join us in creating a suite of large consumer-facing and internal products that are transforming both operational efficiency and consumer e-commerce. Our product team is small, smart, and fast. We value and support design perfectionism, off-the-charts ambition, independent thinking, design/engineering collaboration, mobile-first thinking, true agility, user testing, analytics-driven UX design, constant iteration, and building a beloved consumer brand.
- have 4+ years development with Python (including web frameworks)
- have a computer science BS or equivalent
- write clear, self-documenting code, and seek out best practices
- are serious (but pragmatic) about TDD, and refactor aggressively
- are aware of performance trade-offs and write efficient, scalable code
- are familiar with a range of modern data stores (Postgres, Redis, ElasticSearch)
- can work as a full-stack developer, though you may prefer frontend/backend
- think independently and love sharing your own technical solutions with others.
- aren’t afraid of some dev-ops work as needed (we’re fully on AWS/OpsWorks)
- strive daily to transform the fashion industry, from working with existing top brands to creating our own private label collections from the ground up
- are a Sequoia Capital-backed (Series C), growth-stage startup co-founded by two women
- have styled countless amazing women across the country in the past three years—they are at the core of everything that we do
- foster a culture of autonomy and accountability—your contributions make a big difference
- have an office that is buzzing with excitement—we are genuinely happy to be at work each day
- celebrate each other’s individuality and unique skill sets
- create good karma by aiming to surprise and delight at every touchpoint
Benefits & Perks
- competitive salaries, flexible vacation policy and top quality medical, dental, and vision plans
- a leadership team that embraces technology, creativity, and initiative
- great snacks, Bagel Wednesdays, office happy hours and a fun office environment!
- located in Hudson Square (the heart of Tribeca, SoHo and West Village) or in LA (Culver City WeWork)
Data is the foundation of everything we do. As a senior data engineer you’ll have authority (and responsibility) of designing and maintaining infrastructure for collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing terabyte-scale sets of data including large document corpora, machine learning results, metadata, and application data.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to collect, manage, and deploy massive sets of global patent data and more. Your role will be to ensure that our dataset of over 100 million patents is readily available for our web application and data science teams. You’ll also be responsible for identifying and integrating additional data sets which allow us to expand our product features and AI capabilities.
This is an exciting opportunity to engage with cutting-edge technology and work on a real-world problem at global scale. In addition to competitive compensation and benefits there is also room for the right person to take on increased responsibilities. And it’s a lot of fun (although fast-paced and even chaotic at times) working as part of a small, passionate team.
- Take ownership of understanding, acquiring, and managing innovation and technology related datasets starting with global patents
- Write and automate pipelines for data cleansing, ingestion of machine learning results, ingestion of raw data from multiple sources, aggregation and more
- Architect and manage data infrastructure to optimize for machine learning, large-scale data exploration
- Ensure fast and reliable access to clean data which our client-facing web application depends on
- Seek and integrate new sources of data related to our core business
- Communicate data extent and performance to internal consumers
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- BSc/BEng degree in computer science or equivalent
- Strong relational database experience, preferably with Postgres
- The ability to communicate high level information about datasets, preferably using data visualization
- Experience writing performant data pipelines at scale, e.g. with Spark or Airflow
- The ability to use a modern language with a strong concurrency model for fast data processing such as Elixir, Rust or Go
- MSc/MEng degree in computer science or equivalent
- Passion for AI and excitement about new developments
- Contributions to open source projects
- Experience with machine learning
- Experience with data visualisation
About the team
Simply put, Core Platform is here to provide robust and foundational software, increasing operational excellence to scale apps and data at Scribd.
Our primary customer is Scribd Engineering. We are focused on building, testing, deploying apps and infrastructure which will help other teams rapidly scale, inter-operate, integrate with real-time data, and incorporate machine learning into their products. Working with our customers in the Data Science and Content Engineering, and our peers in Internal Tools and Infrastructure teams we bring systems-level visibility and focus to our projects.
We will develop and operate standards and infrastructure for RPC, service discovery, and data ingestion.
We will be building backend systems which enable Scribd Engineering to support our product's growth on continued success. Our goal is not total architectural or design perfection, but rather choosing the right trade-offs to strike a balance between speed, quality, and cost. We will also be responsible for education and evangelism of our work within Scribd Engineering, this includes writing thorough documentation for the systems we build, hosting internal workshops, and providing implementation support to our peers across engineering.
You will also be helping to define the future of supported application platforms for Scribd engineering, whether that is on Ruby, Golang, or Node.
Help to support and grow our underlying platform beyond its existing foundation of Ruby, Rails, and MySQL is a significant part of your job. This includes acting as a domain expert for the underpinnings of Rails and where and how it interacts with our infrastructure, whether through ActiveRecord, Sidekiq, or Kafka.
Ruby/Rails internals or systems-level knowledge
Rather than being proficient in Rails, developers should understand how Rails was designed and put together.
Ideally an understanding of how ActiveRecord works from the inside out.
Familiar enough to drive large upgrades of Ruby and/or Rails; should be able to own the upgrade and refactoring process for gems as a result. Working knowledge of tools like Thrift/Avro/Protobuf.
Understanding why these tools exist and where they can be used.
Ideally you have
Experience with event-driven application platforms, such as Node, Stackless Python, Go + Goroutines, etc.
Knowledge of how the data access layers of Rails, Django, or similar frameworks operate.
Can explain how objects are hydrated from data storage, and what runtime-specific caveats might be implied for the framework.
Working knowledge and experience with gRPC.
Informed opinions on the trade-offs between object serialization RPC and RESTful JSON over HTTP.
At Signifyd we’re creating a new market. We’re constantly improving and expanding the technology that has changed what fraud protection for e-commerce looks like. So we don’t have time for office politics. We understand that different people have different work styles and we thrive on variety while learning from each other. We’re all Signifyers, so we know that what needs to get done will get done.
Signifyd is a place where no one is going to tell you how to do your job. If you want help, you'll get it — from all quarters. But we pretty much figure out what needs to be done, who's in the best position to do it and then let that person roll-up her or his sleeves and have at it. We're protecting retailers from online fraud in a way that's never been done before and we could use your help if you're someone:
- Who believes challenges are best overcome by thinking differently.
- Who knows his or her role, but isn’t confined by it.
- Who’s greatest satisfaction comes from helping customers succeed and achieve their dreams.
- Who isn’t afraid to disagree, convincingly, civilly and honestly.
Oh, and a few particulars for this role:
Signifyd is seeking a passionate, driven Customer Success Leader to help build out our CS organization. As Director of Customer Success you are responsible for the ongoing success of our East Coast and EMEA territories for Signifyd’s high-touch accounts. You will lead a team of Customer Success Managers (CSMs) and will work cross-functionally with multiple internal teams to ensure alignment with customer objectives. Your team will play a crucial role in engaging with customers to ensure optimal platform usage, track key success metrics/outcomes, share product roadmap plans and conduct regular business reviews. This is a tremendous opportunity to help shape and scale our CS organization as we meet our hyper-growth plans.
*Candidates should be located in Boston, NY, Raleigh-Durham or Atlanta
Oversee the customer lifecycle to proactively drive adoption and ensure ongoing client satisfaction and retention
Leverage knowledge of the Signifyd platform to advise on best practices around product usage with end users
Develop collateral and conduct periodic account reviews with client executive teams
Ensure swift resolution of account issues, by leveraging resources from cross-functional teams, as needed
Provide executive oversight and client communication
Work closely with Marketing to identify successful customers and turn them into advocates
Partner with Sales to help ensure renewals and expansion opportunities are identified and closed successfully.
Lead, motivate and develop team of CSMs
Embody Signifyd values and serve as a role model for team members
5+ years of Customer Success Management/Leadership working with enterprise customers
People management experience required
Proven customer management skills with large and complex accounts
Ability to analyze complex situations, develop associated action plans and lead teams to achieve key objectives
Creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, and highly organized
An analytical and metrics-driven work style
Excellent communication and presentation skills
Self-starter who thrives under ambiguity in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
Passion for e-commerce and new technology
Background in e-commerce, payments, fraud or data science is a plus
OmniSci's platform, available in cloud, open source, and enterprise versions, harnesses the massive parallel computing of GPUs for breakthrough performance at scale. OmniSci wishes to foster the growth of user and developer communities around our platform. Community is a core piece of OmniSci’s strategy, and our community team is tasked with building a vibrant, diverse ecosystem that makes all of its members successful.
OmniSci is seeking a Community Developer Advocate to spread the word about the OmniSci open-source and community offerings, and support community members. Evangelizing the technical value of our offering and showing how it can be integrated into a larger analytics ecosystem are critical components of the role. This position can be remote, but candidates must be located in North America only. The position will report to the VP of Community based in our HQ office in downtown San Francisco.
Build demos and workflows showing users and developers how the OmniSci platform can deliver value in the context of production environments and real use cases.
Develop written materials and code repos showcasing the technical value of the product such as demos, blog posts and tutorials.
Design and execute large-scale community-building and engagement initiatives.
Be the face of the company and community at technical events (user conferences, meetups, hackathons) geared toward attracting new users to the community.
Speak in front of large developer audiences about the value of the OmniSci platform.
Engage with academic labs and researchers to promote adoption of the OmniSci platform in academia.
Be the voice of the community inside OmniSci, offering external guidance to positively influence product and marketing plans.
In general, do anything and everything to get users and developers adopting and contributing to the OmniSci community.
This is a technical role; 3+ years of experience writing code and content (blog, video, etc.) for demos and proofs of concept, or as a developer building on top of database and analytics technologies is required.
Technical credibility is critical. The ideal candidate will be able to engage and support the community with a credible and knowledgeable voice.
Fluency with databases, data engineering, data science, and/or data analytics is important. Experience as a user of cutting-edge database, visualization and analytics technologies will ensure the demos and content are highly relevant to the community.
Experience (2+ years) engaging as a member of other communities (open source, other developer platforms, etc.).
Passion for the OmniSci project and driving adoption via an open source strategy.
An undergraduate degree in a technical field, or similar experience as a developer is highly preferred.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Self-starter with ability to conceive of, and drive projects through to completion.
Relentless attention to the needs of users.
Ability to travel. Expected 10-40% of time.
We are looking for great people with SEO experience to join our growing team, which is headquartered in San Francisco, but this position is remote.RankScience is a continuous-optimization platform that increases organic search traffic through A/B testing and data science. We work hard to make sure our clients succeed with SEO. We are currently looking for SEO Account managers who are passionate, innovative and motivated to make a difference for customers.Responsibilities include:
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Lead conference calls with customers and be their main point of contact.
- Some basic Google Analytics/Search Console data analysis.
- Support SEO services with SEO site audits on an ad hoc basis.
- Collaborate with the team to generate SEO experiment ideas and HTML changes.
- Monitoring rankings in Google SERPs.
- Conducting keyword research.
- On-page SEO: Increasing traffic numbers to customer websites.
- Participate in weekly brainstorm sessions.
Please reach out with a bit about yourself and why you're passionate about SEO as a channel. EST to PST timezones preferred.Job Type: Full-time
- 2-5 years of SEO / Account Management experience
- Comfortable leading conference calls to review SEO progress
- Account Management / Customer relationship management experience
- Highly organized with ability to multitask.
- Google analytics data analysis skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excel skills.
- Solid understanding of technical SEO
Rho AI was founded in 2012 by a small team of entrepreneurs, data scientists, and engineers. We set out to develop custom software for professional motorsports to predict an optimal race strategy. Since then, our real-time strategy recommendations have factored heavily into multiple victories and we are proud to count Richard Childress Racing, Hendrick Motorsports, and General Motors as some of our partners.
Today, Rho AI’s products are used in a wide range of industries, including healthcare, finance, sports, waste, water, climate change, and energy.
Sound interesting? We are hiring for a variety of experience levels, so all are welcome to apply. We are especially interested in hearing from early-career candidates who have a mathematically inclined higher degree (Masters or PhD), and/or publicly available evidence of non-trivial data science work. Please reach out if:
You are looking to:
You would like these perks:
You meet these criteria:
To get an interview, please supply:
Motiion is a technology and data company for the food industry. We believe in transparency, diversity, merit and fostering a culture of accountability, personal impact and career growth.
As a member of the first product engineering team at Motiion you have will have a unique opportunity to turning previously scattered and inconsistently structured data into directly actionable food industry insights to reduce waste, increase freshness and much more.You have a proven track record of reading data and making solid conclusions. You know both the art and science of analytics - now only do you know how to find answers in the data, you also know which questions should be asked in the first place and what data might could help us further bolster our conclusions. You love engaging with customers, learn about their challenges and then dive into the data to see how to solve them!We are building a product engineering team with a breadth of combined experiences so that we can collaboratively build great products. There are no hard requirements on specific educational background, technology, experience or geographical location. We are however looking for specific traits in the people we work with. You might not yet be able to check all of the boxes, but at least you aspire to do so!Some signs of a great candidate:
Why we are differentOur main goals with Motiion are easy to explain: We want to build a company that we would like to enjoy spending the rest of our careers in, that has a positive impact on the world and that will outlast us. Achieving these goals will be challenging, but we know we can do it. Here’s why:A strong founder teamWe, the founders, have a proven track record of building successful companies from scratch. We will take all of the amazing and painful experiences of the past and apply them to create a company we all will be very proud of.Self-fundedThe founders have invested $10 million to allow us to focus on building technology and product the right way. Our eyes are on the goals of building a global technology platform. We are laser focused on customer needs, but will make product priorities based on our long-term goals, not short-term revenue.Remote-firstWe believe technology that enables remote work to be better than a corporate office setting is already here and the world of business is just about to catch up. Remote work certainly comes with drawbacks, but the strongly believe the advantages vastly outnumber the disadvantages. Speaking to dozens of experienced remote employees has shown us that the number one obstacle to building a successful remote workplace is doing it half-way by having some people be co-located and some remote. We want the same mode of collaboration for everyone and our team will be working remotely most of the time.This does not mean that you have to work from home all the time, or at all. Motiion will pay for co-working space if that’s what you prefer. We will also encourage team members that live in the same area to meet up and work together when it makes sense. We will also make sure we all meet regularly for real in-person interaction!Personal impact of collaborating individualsWe have seen first-hand how corporate culture can devolve into empire building and reporting lines. Motiion will have great managers, but we recognize and value the skills of individual contributors. You can grow your career at Motiion doing the work you love and excel at. Your merit matters, not your title.BenefitsWe have top notch benefits, matching most of the large US tech companies, including 401k matching, excellent health insurance and a generous vacation policy.
- Toolbox oriented. Whether your background is in mathematics, statistics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, or something else, you have enough experience to intuitively shortlist tools and approaches from most of these disciplines.
- Understanding business and customer needs. You believe in creating models that will help the company and make short- and long-termimpact, focusing on“bang-for-the-buck”.
- Performance recognized by your peers. Past colleagues would love to work with you again.
- Starter and finisher. You often identify a problem, design a solution and bring it to a state of completion - alone or with collaborators. You’ve worked with developers in the past, hope to continue doing so, but you would get far even without technical help.
- Work hard and smart. Your work ethic is unquestioned, and you know how to get things done so you can balance your work and personal life in a sustainable way.
- Disciplined and reliable. We are a remote company and you enjoy the benefits of working remotely while consistently delivering what you have committed to. When you hit a snag, you communicate and reset expectations early.
- Collaborative. You know that your team members’ perspectives will make your solutions better. Similarly, you use your strengths to make the team perform.
- Appreciation of honest feedback. You know that the best way to learn and grow is through constructive feedback delivered kindly, but without unnecessary ambiguity. You feedback given to as an opportunity to get better and strive to do the same for others.
- Analytical and practical mind. You strive for simple, precise solutions to complex problems. Complex solutions are only acceptable when absolutely needed.
Citrine is the engine that drives enabling materials innovation for the products we love by using data and machine learning to revolutionize how materials are discovered by dramatically reducing development cycles. Citrine exists to create the next generation of amazing, green, efficient materials and enable a more productive, efficient planet.
Citrine Informatics is building a next-generation platform for materials data from the ground up. It harnesses the power of AI to bring new materials to market faster, and capture materials-enabled product value. These materials will enable the next generation of products that make up the world around us like cars, phones, and solar panels and make the products we already love more efficient and greener.
Our technology was built by materials scientists, and our team consists of professionals trained in data science, physics, biology, computer science, business. We have offices in the San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago and Pittsburgh, and our customers include some of the world’s largest Fortune 1000 materials and product companies in the US, Europe, and Asia.
What you’ll do
As our first full-time recruiter, you will lead the building the norms and practices within our recruiting team
Lead full cycle recruiting, from finding great candidates to successfully delivering offers
Build systems and processes to create a world-class team development organization—this is a huge opportunity to create the recruiting organization of your dreams
Create a great candidate experience that is transparent, fair, and engaging from initial communication to offer acceptance
Act as a trusted partner to hiring managers by understanding hiring needs and goals, preparing job posts, and iterating on selection criteria for candidate sourcing
Identify talented people for roles across the company including software developers, materials scientists, engagement managers, data scientists and engineers, and much more.
Work with hiring managers to help candidates understand the impact they can have at Citrine, and why it is such an excellent fit for the right person
Help our refine and coordinate our interview and selection process and ensure a great candidate experience
Work with select external parties in the recruiting process and ensure that we are finding the right people at the right times as efficiently as possible
Work directly with our executive team to prioritize and stage hiring plans across the company
At least 3 years in a technical recruiting capacity
Desire to dive into building systems and processes from the ground up
Strong writing skills
An ability to seek out the best talent, wherever it is, and help those people understand why a particular role is a great fit
Incredible interpersonal skills: an ability to build relationships and maintain them over the long term. Our recruiting efforts are not transactional, they are high investment activities for us.
Experience writing, refining, and iterating on JDs to optimize effectiveness and impact with candidates
Authorized to work in the United States
Experience working with international candidates, specifically in Asia and Europe
A track record of recruiting across a diverse set of technical (computer science), scientific (physics, chemistry, materials), and non-technical roles