The best remote jobs, hand-picked daily.Post a job for $299
Who are we?
Plato is a new type of design agency. We empower people to do what they love from anywhere in the world. Our vision is to blend the best of human creativity with the power of Machine Learning to reimagine collaboration with each other, and partnership with our clients.
We believe that if you hire talented folks, lead with trust, and give people the tools they need to succeed, then creativity will come. Our team is completely distributed, but we’re building new modes of operation together.
Our team leverages technology to collaborate because we want to, dives into deep work when we need to, and (every so often) connects in real life because we like to. With us, you get the opportunity to be curious and collaborate with passionate peers, without sacrificing autonomy or career ownership.
Plato is proud to be backed by Y Combinator and some of Silicon Valley’s best investors. Join us on our untraditional, inspiring journey.
What We're Building
Plato’s engineering team focuses on managing the complex flow of tasks, assets, and data between clients, creatives, and Plato agency staff, leveraging a workflow system to encode the processes for each types of design projects.
We strive to:
- enable our clients to request new design projects and provide feedback
- let creatives in our network submit work and iterate
- empower our agency team to oversee many projects with minimal coordination overhead
Roles & Responsibilities
- designing and building our core workflow engine
- integrating or replacing the software tools used for managing agency processes
- instrumenting and measuring efficiency metrics to help understand agency capacity
- discovering and proposing optimizations to the agency team’s workflows
Your Working Style
- Strong Written Communication Skills: Plato is a remote-first team. In order to work effectively as a distributed team, it’s important to capture our thinking in a way that’s useful for asynchronous collaborators. - note about cover letters being required?
- Productive Laziness: Plato’s goal is to scale beyond what other agencies have been able to accomplish. This involves relentlessly chasing down mundane tasks that can be automated, in order to free up creative thinkers to do what they do best. Successful Plato engineers will have found ways to automate their personal tasks or engineering workflows and enjoy analyzing existing processes and looking for optimizations.
- Empathy for Users and Colleagues: We believe that engineers who genuinely care about their colleagues and users will be more effective in spotting potential improvements and in prioritizing tactical fixes that help users alongside the team’s core engineering work.
- >= 5 years Web Development Experience: We are looking for engineers who can take ownership of large parts of our architecture. This requires thoughtful tradeoffs such as when to incur technical debt vs when to engineer something more robustly. We believe this kind of skill is earned through a track record of building and owning substantial systems.
- JS/React and Python: Though we use a Python/Django API backend with a React frontend, we believe that candidates with the right attitude and a willingness to learn are more likely to succeed than those with resumes that happen to contain the exact list of technologies we work with. This was our policy at the last company we founded (URX YC S’13), and lifelong learning is a core part of our engineering culture.
- System Architecture: Independent of the tech stack, it’s important to understand various options for integrating a multi-component system through queues, databases, micro services, etc.
BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists. Were already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like LinkedIn, Salesforce, Visa, Deloitte, and Logitech.
This is a remote role, anywhere in the US!
Your responsibilities will include
Product Engineer - Collaborate with designers and stakeholders to craft consumer grade experiences with SPA frontend (Ember) and RESTful backend (Ruby on Rails).
Lean and Agile Owner - Collaborate with cross functional teams to distill and synthesize requirements into discreet and meaningful iterations that can be implemented quickly to facilitate tight feedback loops and learning via data and metrics. Leverage Lean Startup and Agile methodologies along with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment infrastructure to rapidly prototype and validate ideas.
Data Spelunker - Answer business questions and influence product roadmap decisions using statistical analysis, ad-hoc reporting, or machine learning algorithms for offline modeling. Enable team members to answer questions with data systems and processes that leverage quantitative and qualitative inputs.
Operational Maintainer - Build scalable and tolerant systems using container technologies (Docker) and cloud infrastructure (AWS) as well as internal tooling to accelerate product development cycles.
You will be successful if you
Act as an owner - It’s not done until it’s in production. Adept at moving projects forward and able to unblock projects regardless of role on the project.
Do less, deliver more - Familiar with the terms YAGNI and yak shaving? Focus your efforts on high impact initiatives that really move the needle.
Impress yourself - We hold ourselves to a quality above and beyond something that “just gets it done”. Each line of code is an opportunity to blend craftsmanship with playfulness.
Collaborate without ego - Willing to take on roles small or large in order to further the mission at hand.
Stay on your edge - Continuously learning and applying emerging technologies. Pushing yourself and your team to new heights.
And if you have
5+ years relevant experience, at least part of which in a startup environment
Alignment with BetterUp mission and enabling behavior change
Succeeded in a remote work environment
Frontline maintainer of "production" consumer application (volume, support, debugging)
Strong experience with automated testing patterns
Ruby on Rails, Ember.js, Gitflow, Docker
Experienced in Agile product development processes (SCRUM, Kanban, Lean Startup, etc)
Expert in current web technologies (HTTP, REST, Web Sockets, etc)
Strong verbal and written communication
We provide amazing benefits, but if you ask the team, they’ll tell you that the greatest benefit we offer employees is an incredibly meaningful mission and transformative work.
Full coverage medical, dental and vision insurance
Unlimited use, at your own discretion, vacation policy
14 paid annual holidays
5 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
5 “Volunteer Days” to give back
Professional development through BetterUp coaching for you and a significant other
401(k) self contribution
A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
We're looking for a well-rounded and experienced full stack developer strong in both front-end (CSS, HTML, React, etc) and backend (NodeJs, Redis, Mongo, Serverless). The perfect candidate can take a mock-up, have a conversation about the feature/interaction, and can build that interaction as a working application (CSS, HTML, React, Node-based API, etc). The right fit for our team has a love for coding and learning, works well in a fully-remote environment and is a high-energy strong communicator who can join an expert team and work with limited direction. This person would have at least 3 years of professional experience and preferably experience working remotely. The Work:
- Expand and evolve our social media dashboard and analytics platform used by thousands of journalists and broadcasters worldwide
- Build new features (screens, interactions, workflows) based on mockups and wireframes
- Build APIs and services that integrate with social media APIs (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)
- Help upgrade our systems from SOA to true microservices on AWS Lambda (Serverless)
- 100% remote team
- Platform based on React + Serverless + Mongo, etc
- Mobile apps built w/ React Native
- AWS Cloud-based hosted infrastructure
- Slack, Hangouts and other online collaboration tools
- 100% remote work
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive health, wellness and career benefits package
- Trust, autonomy, empowerment
- Demonstrable experience with ReactJs and NodeJs
- 3+ years web app development experience
- 2+ years of front-end development (HTML, CSS/SASS, etc)
- 2+ years of NodeJs experience
- Fluency in Git, GitHub and source code management concepts
- Social Media APIs (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Serverless framework (AWS Lambda) experience
- Microservices and/or SOA
- Previous remote work experience
- This is a 100% remote position, communication and self-direction are incredibly important
- You'll need a dedicated workspace (with a door)
- You must have a reliable high-speed internet connection (collaboration requires bandwidth)
Auth0, a global leader in Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS), provides thousands of enterprise customers with a Universal Identity Platform for their web, mobile, IoT, and internal applications. Its extensible platform seamlessly authenticates and secures more than 2.5B logins per month, making it loved by developers and trusted by global enterprises. Auth0 has raised more than $110 million to date and continues its global growth at a rapid pace. We are consistently recognized as a great place to work based our outstanding leadership and dedication to company culture, and are looking for the best people to join our incredible team spread across more than 35 countries!
Auth0 is looking for experienced full stack software engineer to join Service Management - Administration Experience Team. This team is responsible for delivering exceptional subscription administration experience to our customers throughout their relationship with Auth0. The mission of this group is to bring comprehensive, trustworthy, and clear visibility into how a customer’s subscription is organized, consumed, and supported as a service.
Are you passionate about working in a remote, multi-functional, multicultural team together with other software engineers, product designer and product owner - all living in different timezones?
Do you have software engineering expertise, dedicated business driven approach to problem solving, self-direction, and a strong believe that the team can achieve more than each of its members individually?
Our current technology stack is node.js on the backend and React on the frontend, MongoDB and PostgreSQL for storing data and RabbitMQ as message queue.
We will consider candidates located in GMT-5 to GMT+1 time zones.
You will 😊
Join a multi-functional remote team to own our products from top to bottom.
Participate in both product discovery and product delivery cycles and have real impact on the products owned by the team.
Collaborate with other specialists and teams to develop new features, APIs, improvements, and fixes to handle our current and future scale.
Be a part of the team's on-call rotations.
Debug and resolve production issues and implement fixes for them.
Help our customers have an awesome experience with our products especially in the areas of subscription, tenant and customer teams management.
You'd be a great fit if you ❤️
Have a deep understanding of designing, writing, running, maintaining and debugging applications across the whole stack in one or more of the technologies listed above.
Enjoy being part of a highly collaborative, remote-friendly environment.
Have the ability to be self-directed and be effective working independently, yet feel equally comfortable contributing in a team environment.
Work well with technical and non-technical people to deliver high-value results.
Believe that writing code is just the tool to solve customer problems and solving them is what really matters.
Have business driven approach to software development and are focused on the outcomes rather than outputs.
Bonus points if you 👍
Have experience working in distributed teams and work environments.
Have experience solving problems connected with subscription management, teams access management and access auditing in SaaS products.
Like to mentor and coach other engineers.
Have experience in developing services that integrates with Salesforce.
Have knowledge in the identity and access management space.
Preferred Time Zones ⏱
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
Remind is a communication platform that helps educators reach students and parents where they are: their phones. With 31 million active users, we’re one of the fastest-growing companies in education technology, but we have our sights set on something bigger: giving every student the opportunity to succeed.
The Remind Engineering Team works together to solve fun technical challenges, embodies our value of finding a way, and open-sources projects like Empire and stacker. The main tools we use in our backend include Typescript, Go, Ruby, Twirp, GraphQL, RabbitMQ, and many AWS services (Aurora, Lambda, DynamoDB, etc).
Our investors include First Round Capital, GSV, Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers, and Social Capital, and we want you to join us.
Remote work ok within +/-3 hours of Pacific Time.
Some of the projects that fullstack engineers at Remind have worked on this year:
- Moved a significant amount of traffic to a GraphQL proxy to make it easy to write consistent and performant client code across web, iOS and android.
- Improved and scaled a messaging system that's sent over 10 billion messages to teachers, parents, and students
- Built a graph service to power the relationships of 31 million monthly active users
- Built out standardized tooling for increasing the fault tolerance of our distributed services, including tiered load shedding, circuit breakers, and back pressure mechanisms
- Created a declarative permissions system to make authorization code easy to read and write
- Increased the stability of our chats database by introducing a write-through buffer using Redis
What will be critical to your success as a fullstack engineer at Remind:
- Others enjoy working with you because of your positive attitude and technical competence
- You have shipped multiple production systems as part of a team
- You enjoy tackling interesting, complex problems and seeing them through to DONE
- You collaborate effectively with engineers, product managers, and designers to break down product requirements and maintain visibility on projects
- You write clean, scalable code and have significant experience with one or more programming languages
- You have built scalable, performant, highly available services and understand the value of a good SLA
- You understand the importance of writing pragmatic, comprehensive unit and integration tests
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% health coverage for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy
- Parental leave
- Catered meals and fully stocked kitchen
- Parking and commuter benefits
Remind is an equal opportunity employer, and we're committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We aim to represent the students, teachers, and parents we serve, and we welcome, support, and empower all the diverse individuals in our community.
CloudApp (https://www.getcloudapp.com/) is a customer experience led company focused on improving business workflows with our video messaging productivity apps. It's free apps help businesses communicate faster and get more done.
Now, we’re looking for a remote Full-Stack Developer to join our growing team. In this role, you’ll be working with our engineering team in all aspects of our CloudApp solution, from its front-end down to the infrastructure.
Strong Ruby, Node, JS, and/or Python experience
Testing and scaling up APIs
Modifying a large ruby on rails project
Designing and implementing ancillary microservice API endpoints
Going into older code bases to update and tweak new features
Strong dev-ops skills, comfortably hopping into AWS server to debug and tweak settings if needed
Full stack engineering experience, with strong system fundamentals
Experience with service-oriented architecture
Exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications
Strong industry experience in architecture and development of scalable production quality backend systems
Good understanding of distributed systems, data stores, data modeling, indexing and associated trade-offs
Experience developing APIs and SDKs a plus
Ability to work in a cross-functional team that touches many parts of the core systems at CloudApp
Work at all levels of the stack, (AWS, ruby, Node.JS, SQL, React, HTML, CSS), to build and maintain new CloudApp features
Take full ownership and responsibility for building, shipping, and maintaining core CloudApp features, end to end
Design and architect complex, reusable, and maintainable new systems, real-time interfaces, and visualizations, focusing not only on performance and scalability, but also on crafting a beautiful user experience
Build user interfaces that are crisp, consistent, and fast, that thrive under heavy customization and varying use cases, that encourage exploration, and that earn the trust of our customers through predictable, reliable, and thoughtful interactions
5+ years of professional ruby engineering experience
Ability to work from a permanent location (e.g. your home), and easily overlap with PST
Experience architecting, deploying and operating asynchronous distributed work queues, high-volume storage systems, and high-throughput systems
While this is a remote position, there are often meetings at 9 a.m. ET. Something to take into consideration. Mountain Time, Central Time, or Eastern Time preferred.
- Experience working and collaborating with teams
- Experience in Linux and command line a must
- Work with React
- Experience with Functional programming is highly desirable
- You know how to architect all components of a frontend project
- You have experience reading API documentation and working with different endpoints to compose the desired effect
- You know how to run projects through solid processes (things like code reviews, reviewing stories, planning)
- Picks up new technologies quickly and efficiently
- Uses Git effectively
- Know how to create tests and why it's important
- Knowledge of OOP and software design principles
- Driven, ambitious, and interested in tech
- Acumen. You must be able to think of and judge multiple solutions for a problem and be able to reason between them.
- You’re aware of how to build secure apps
- You know how to optimize frontend load times, debug rendering issues, and overall provide a smooth experience to the user.
- Knowledge of responsive frontends
- You know C#, Ruby, Python or Go. IMPORTANT. You don't have to be an expert in backend tech, but you'll need to understand how to integrate with the backend guys.
- You’ve practiced continuous integration
- You've tinkered with Docker
- Require JS/Webpack/Browserify is a bonus, too.
- You’re interested in startups
- Great mentorship and company culture
- Remote work
- Challenging work and interesting projects
- Healthcare benefits package
- Fun office space in Wynwood (Miami - if you so choose