Find a remote job in Software DevPost a job for $299
PeopleDoc is on a mission to revolutionize how every HR function provide services to their employees.
Our unique “state of the art” HR Service Delivery platform provides HR teams with the tools they need to provide great services while considerably decreasing the manual work behind the scenes and allowing companies to go paperless in their administration.
The PeopleDoc HR Service Delivery platform helps HR teams more easily answer employee requests on demand, automate employee processes, across multiple locations.
PeopleDoc serves more than 1000 clients with employees in 180 countries in 12 languages with a 100% customer retention rate. PeopleDoc is now a part of Ultimate Software. Ultimate Software is a Leader for Cloud HCM Applications.
More information is available at www.people-doc.com.
Job Description/ Job Summary:
The mission of a SRE at PeopleDoc is to secure, administrate and maintain the production infrastructure as it were a software, you will contribute in building our fault tolerant, highly scalable and low latency services on virtual and bare-metal servers over data centers in different regions of the globe . The profile needed is so a combination of sysadmin knowledge and strong skills in software development. Remote workers are welcome too !
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Design and maintain the cloud infrastructure hosting PeopleDoc services
- Collect and monitor KPIs (availability, response time, time to deploy) and ensure that they meet our SLAs
- Lead the scalability & capacity planning strategy
- Work with other teams to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve high impact issues
- Team player with good communication skills
- Experience in automation tools (Ansible, Salt, Puppet or Chef) and CI/CD principles
- Experience with Cloud services (AWS or Openstack) and its APIs
- Good Linux system administration skills (DNS, RabbitMQ, Redis, HAProxy)
- Experience with one programming language (Python, Java, Go) and Shell scripting
- Good Networking knowledge (TCP/IP, Linux routing and firewall)
Pear Deck is founded by teachers on a mission to help educators engage their students. We create active learning solutions that leverage student devices to support formative assessment, meaningful engagement, and improved classroom equity.
We’re looking for someone who gets energy in a dynamic role, who would enjoy helping other developers with tools, monitoring our services in Kubernetes, and helping our team understand acute technical issues.
Things you may do on a given day:
- Stand up with the cross-functional product team and agree on top priorities for the day
- Monitor production systems for disruptions to valuable classroom time and react quickly
- Review a PR
- Fix a bug
- Make improvements to our CI/CD pipeline
- Talk with another dev about recent improvements to our internal tooling
- Identifying potential projects to cut our cloud spend
- Develop a plan to make monitoring or operational improvements
- Twiddle some knobs in the GCP console while building long-term IaC solutions
- Improve our workflow orchestration
Prior to this, it is likely you:
- Have worked well with non-technical leaders and technical leaders alike
- Worked with service-oriented architecture and other infrastructure patterns
- Used programming design patterns
- Have demonstrated honesty, determination, brilliance, and humility
About Pear Deck
Pear Deck is a five-year-old funded startup headquartered in Iowa City, IA, focused on delivering powerful learning moments to every student, every day. By joining Pear Deck at this stage in our growth, you will be getting in during an exciting time as we expand our team while maintaining our humanity. So, if you like the idea of working on a close-knit crew as we face the challenges of scaling both our customers and our team, this is the perfect time to jump in.
We value diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to join our team. We believe a wealth of perspectives helps Pear Deck serve its teachers better. If you’re interesting in joining us on our mission, apply on our website.
We’re looking for talented developers who want to be part of a young company in an exciting time of growth, and to help make EmailOctopus the preferred email platform for millions of users worldwide.
Set up by two brothers in London in 2014, we’re a bootstrapped (and profitable!) startup with big ambitions to disrupt the email marketing industry. To date, our customers have sent over 3.5 billion emails and saved in excess of $100,000. Over the next few years, we’re looking to improve our platform, expand our feature set and significantly grow our customer base.
We’re a friendly, personal team and we pride ourselves on delivering outstanding service to our users just as much as we do in building an amazing product. We’re a fully remote business, with the team spread across London, Manchester and Vancouver.
As a developer at EmailOctopus, you’ll be helping maintain our existing platform as well as supporting our biggest project yet: switching from AWS-supported platform to a fully independent email service provider. Your skills will help us ensure that our platform is robust, tested and set up to succeed at scale, so we can keep reliably delivering billions of emails on behalf of our users.
Your skills and experience
We’re looking for developers who are quick to adapt to new technologies. You will have some or all of the skills below, but an appetite to learn is most valuable.
* Strong experience in PHP and its web frameworks, such as Symfony/Laravel
* Familiar with AWS and sysadmin
* Experience in Redis/MySQL/BigQuery
* Experience with Python
* Comfortable with version control
* Interested in developing highly scalable and robust web applications
* Passionate about writing clean and maintainable code
* Workable frontend/UX skills
* Work from anywhere
* The opportunity to be part of a small, growing team who will support you in your future career
* Flexible working hours
* £500 yearly learning budget
* Free yoga