Find a remote job in Software DevPost a job for $299
Millions of people experience real-life adventures with our apps. We help users all over the world discover the best hiking and biking routes, and we empower everybody to explore more of the great outdoors. And we’re good at it: Apple even included our iOS app in its Editors’ Choice collection and named us as one of their Apps of the Year. If you’d like to help to build the future of outdoor exploration, we’re looking for a passionate iOS Developer to join our team.
Your key responsibilities
- Take over responsibility of all parts of the iOS app
- Develop innovative new features in collaboration with our team of designers, copywriters, and Android/iOS product experts
- Optimize the core functionality of the app
- Incorporate the latest advances in iOS technology
Why you will love it
- You’ll tangibly enable millions of people to have awesome outdoor experiences with your app
- At komoot, you’ll use everything the iOS platform offers, from the latest APIs to the newest features and devices
- We let you work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, our headquarters in Potsdam or anywhere else that lies in any time zone between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
- You’ll work on challenging tasks, such as turn-by-turn navigation, maps, on-/offline hybrids, custom views and data synchronization
- You’ll be developing in fast cycles with continuous build, testing and direct team feedback
- Your expert knowledge will make you a key player amongst a team of highly motivated, talented people
- You’ll travel together with our team to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides
- You’ll build and improve an app that we’re pretty sure you’ll end up using for your personal outdoor trips
You will be successful in this position if you
- Are highly self-driven, responsible and keen to improve
- Have proven experience in developing high quality iOS apps (3+ years)
- Write the latest Swift code and you know how to mix it with existing Objective-C code
- Have a deep understanding about iOS, its frameworks and APIs
- Have a passion for building software, demonstrated through interesting side projects, open source contributions or other involvement in the tech community
- Love to develop awesome products for a great user experience
- Have experience in working in a distributed team, have good communication skills and love to work together with others in fast development cycles
Sounds like you?
Then send us the following:
- Your CV
- A write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot
- Examples of your work (e.g. GitHub, PDFs, Slideshare, etc.)
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account, or your OpenStreetMap profile if you have one
- You’ll get bonus points for: Doing something creative with komoot (we love it when people go the extra mile)
About SwissBorg:SwissBorg is a fintech startup building the new era of wealth management on the blockchain. Developed by a team of financial experts, we are decentralized to the world with teams in Toronto, Lausanne, Tokyo and London and operate as a meritocracy. By utilizing the community-centric approach, SwissBorg aims to revolutionize investment in crypto assets.We are looking for talented individual to help us grow our team and reach. If you like fast-paced environments, lots of learning, agile thinking and a flexible work policy, this is your chance to apply!
- Contribute to the development and evolution of our iOS apps
- Work closely with the Product, UX/UI, Android and Backend teams
- Write clear and maintainable code with Unit/UI tests
- Evaluate the right technologies and keep yourself up to date to the iOS technology landscape
- Constantly improve the quality of our products by fixing bugs and refactoring the code base where necessary
- Implement best practices to ensure app reliability, scalability and security
Skills and requirements:
- Solid experience (3+ years) in developing iOS native apps with Swift
- Knowledge of Rx (RxSwift), Alamofire or Moya is a plus
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development lifecycle
- Strong UX/UI design skills and the care to develop world-class user interfaces.
- Enthusiastic, fast learner and a problem solver
- Previous experience working remotely is a big plus
- The ability to propose, listen and accept people's feedbacks
- Flexible, proactive, organized, detail-oriented and entrepreneurial
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Experience in the finance industry a plus
- Experience with encryption, cryptography standards and securing iOS app is a plus.
- Freedom to create, build a research architecture and the company you always dreamed of
- Grow in an environment with experts in crypto, investments, engineering, AI, psychology, and business
- Very competitive Salary and Bonus
- Flexible work hours
Clevertech is seeking an iOS Developer to join us in developing premium native experiences for our consumers. In this role, you will deliver well designed, highly testable, and resilient applications. You will also be instrumental in driving our mobile technology roadmap forward and evangelizing mobile development and testing practices. The successful candidate is both deeply experienced with iOS development and a team player that thrives in a collaborative agile environment.
You can deliver quickly while being clever to avoid missteps. You have an effective positive attitude that shines as you show your care about client and colleague concerns. You are always learning and are a transparent communicator even when it is challenging. You thrive on challenging yourself daily and seek to surround yourself with like-minded individuals.
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- iOS mobile development work experience
- A solid grasp of fundamental algorithms and mobile applications
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Passion for operational excellence
- Bachelors degree in computer science, mathematics, a related field or equivalent work experience
- Strong communicator and fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge about the Lean Startup and Agile Methodologies
We know that people do their best work when theyre taken care of. So we make sure to offer great benefits.
- Competitive Vacation Package
- Annual Financial Allowance for YOUR development
- Flexible Family Leave
- Clevertech Gives Back Program
- Clevertech U (Leadership Program, Habit-Building, New Skills Training)
- Clevertech Swag
- Strong Clevertech Community
How We Work
Why do people join Clevertech? To make an impact. To grow themselves. To be surrounded by developers who they can learn from. We are truly excited to be creating waves in an industry under transformation.
True innovation comes from an exchange of knowledge across all of our teams. To put people on the path for success, we nurture a culture built on trust, collaboration, and personal growth. You will work in small feature-based cross-functional teams and be empowered to take ownership.
We make a point of constantly evolving our experience and skills. We value diverse perspectives and fostering personal growth by challenging everyone to push beyond our comfort level and try something new.
The result? We produce meaningful work
We hire people from a variety of backgrounds who are respectful, collaborative, and introspective. Members of the tech team, for example, come from diverse backgrounds having worked as copy editors, graphic designers, and photographers prior to joining Clevertech.
Our hiring process focuses not only on your skills but also on your professional and personal ambitions. We want to get to know you. We put a lot of thought into the interview process in order to get a holistic understanding of you while being mindful of your time. You will solve problems derived from the work we do on a daily basis followed by thoughtful discussions around potential fit. Whatever the outcome, we want you to have a great candidate experience.
Want to learn more about Clevertech and the team? Check out clevertech.careers.
Doximitys Mobile TeamAt Doximity, we put mobile first. We have built and maintain a suite of fully-native iOS and Android apps that healthcare professionals use on a daily basis to increase productivity and provide better patient care.We have just released our brand new flagship iOS app! It was re-designed and re-architected from the ground up, with an entirely new code base written 100% in Swift. Click here to see more information about our stack.We have several interesting projects in the pipeline and are looking for a talented iOS Software Engineer to join our growing team of 10 mobile engineers. Doximity is based in San Francisco, CA, but remote applicants are welcomed!We value diversity in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds to help build the future of healthcare.How youll make an impact:
What were looking for:
- You'll collaborate with a team of product managers, designers, QA, and other developers to drive mobile projects from beginning to end
- You'll be included in decision-making and will weigh in on balancing factors like scope, complexity, and timing
- You'll architect your code in a way that encourages and allows for flexible, modular, and reusable code
- You'll encourage growth within the team by participating in mentorship, knowledge sharing, and thorough code reviews
- You'll help keep our apps robust by writing tests, monitoring, reporting, and troubleshooting bugs
Nice to have:
- You have 3+ years of professional experience developing software for the iOS platform
- You feel at home writing Swift code and are comfortable maintaining Objective-C code
- You have experience with Functional Reactive Programming using ReactiveCocoa, ReactiveSwift, RxSwift, or other FRP frameworks
- You have strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, memory management, concurrency
- You have a disciplined approach to development: you consistently write unit tests, document your code, and follow team processes
- You are well-versed in Auto Layout and can build complex layouts using UIKit
- Given a UI design, you can propose API endpoints and responses for the optimal mobile experience
- You put security first, with a deep understanding of mobile vulnerabilities and how to protect our apps against them
- You are a team player: you care about others projects as your own and take time to brainstorm and debug with teammates
- You are passionate about the iOS platform: you stay on top of the latest iOS updates and are excited to experiment with new technologies as they become available
- You are a problem solver and are on the lookout for ways to improve the code, the processes, and the team
- If remote, you can maintain a minimum of 5 hours overlap with 9:30 to 5:30 PM PST
- You can dedicate about 18 days per year for travel to company events
Benefits & Perks
- You have an understanding of various mobile architectural patterns (MV*, VIPER)
- You have used technologies such as ReSwift, Texture, GraphQL, and Apollo
- You are able to leverage Instruments to troubleshoot memory leaks and slowdowns in app performance
- You have used Cocoapods for dependency management in your own projects
- You have experience with Core Data, Realm, or other forms of persistent storage
- Unlimited Discretionary Time Off
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, vision, dental, Life/ADD, 401k, flex spending accounts, commuter benefits, equipment budget, and continuous education budget
- Pre-IPO stock incentives
- Work from home Wednesdays
- .. and much more! For a full list, see our career page
Bear Group is a leading web development firm based in Seattle looking for an experienced backend web developer to join our team. You will have the opportunity to work with leading companies and marketing teams to develop complex sites and integrations between systems.We are a fully distributed team that primarily builds in PHP on the Magento and Drupal platforms for ecommerce and content management sites. Since we are fully remote, you can work from anywhere! We do require at least 4 hours of working time overlap with the Pacific time zone work day where most of our clients are located. As a highly client focused organization, you will occasionally need to meet according to their schedule. This typically falls between 10 and 5 Pacific time, and we strive to give you plenty of time to focus on development.Working with a variety of clients, we fluidly form groups including a Technical Project Manager, a Quality Analyst, and one or more developers to complete sprints of work. The type of work depends on the client, but often includes:
You will need to be self-motivating and able to work independently most of the time, but we have a friendly and capable team to collaborate with when you encounter obstacles. Youll need to have a minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience, a BA/BS degree, and experience with Drupal, Magento or similar open source frameworks. Youll also need to be visually oriented with experience in Sketch or Photoshop and a good understanding of content organization and concepts within information architecture. Experience in client-service environments is a must and youll need to be professional and client service oriented; positive and proactive; able to react swiftly to meet client expectations.Since the technology world is constantly evolving, youll be expected to keep up with the current technologies and practices. To help with this, we provide an annual education stipend that can be used for attending relevant conferences or continued education courses.During your first week you will work closely with one or our senior developers to set up your new system and familiarize with our processes and tools. The system will be either Mac, Linux, or Windows to your preference, and we use Docker containers for a consistent development server stack. Other tools you will use include:
- Developing client web sites using Drupal and Magento Commerce
- Balancing workload across many projects simultaneously
- Quality assurance and testing across projects
- Collaborating cross-functionally and with a diverse group of clients
- Working with business development to assess and price new client projects
As you get your feet under you we will introduce some project work, again in collaboration with a senior developer on a sprint they are currently working on. Ultimately our developers work independently on your own tickets and sprints.In addition to competitive pay, a new computer, insurance, and 401k match, youll also receive:
- Git for source control
- Bitbucket for Git repositories
- Jira for project management
- Confluence for documentation
- Slack for communication.
To learn more about the company, visit www.beargroup.com.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 3 Weeks PTO plus approximately 10 vacation days annually
- $1500 annual education stipend
- Software stipend for the tools that you prefer to do the job
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to pursue the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. We help people around the globe do extraordinary things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Founded in 2012 by the people behind the Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats open source projects, we believe that diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries. As a product designer on the Swiftype team, you'll be involved in many aspects of the product development process, from concept to prototyping to marketing. We are looking for a self-motivated and inventive individual with strong product, interaction, and visual design skills. What you'll be doing:
- You will provide product designs, prototypes, and UX flows.
- You will collaborate with engineers to ensure high-quality implementation and user experience.
- You will build and curate our design system in both Sketch/Figma and code.
- You will create iconography and illustration as needed in your designs.
- 5+ years of design experience working on sophisticated, complex web applications or SaaS products.
- A portfolio of products and experiences that youve helped launch into the real world.
- Experience with modern design tools, like Figma and Sketch.
- Ability to think about and design at both a systems-level and feature-level.
- A passion for designing end-to-end user experiences.
- Ability to clearly articulate design decisions and understand trade-offs.
- Skills to lead your projects and coordinate with the rest of the team.
- The ability to build what you design in HTML, JS and CSS (we use Sass).
- Experience leading user research and testing.
- Experience working with and developing design systems.
- Familiarity with JS frameworks like React or Angular.
- A love for animation. Familiarity with tools like Principle, Framer or CSS animations is a big advantage.
- Experience building accessible designs.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Brave is looking for an experienced iOS developer to help build our Brave Web Browser app. It's already receiving rave reviews and we are only just beginning. Jump in and work with a top-notch team and watch our adoption soar with your help.
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years experience with iOS development
- Strong Swift and Objective-C skills
- Expert-level familiarity with Xcode and Instrumentation
- Ability to create interfaces programmatically
- Experience with software development via distributed development teams
- Comfortable working in an open source setting
- A passion for helping protect users’ privacy and security
- Written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proven record of getting things done
- A CS degree or equivalent preferred
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Concurrency and Multithreading
- UI/Unit Testing
The project is open-source on GitHub: https://github.com/brave/browser-ios
We follow open-source peer-review practices.
AI Incube, AI-driven company that is changing the way people park thru its parking availability prediction service (Parknav), is looking to add senior mobile developers to its team.
We're looking for both full-time, and contract developers to fill this position. We're primarily interested in Android (Java / Kotlin) developers who are also interested in doing some iOS (Swift) development, but opposite can also be the case - majority of the work will be with Android, however.
We are 100% remote, so you can work from anywhere in the world as long as you have a decent internet connection, and will be available during American or European work hours. We will also pay for a co-working space of your choice if you'd like to work from the office.
- Design, develop, configure, extend, troubleshoot, deploy and maintain our navigation SDK (Android, iOS) and data collection apps (Android). This is a very hands-on role.
- Quick learner - research and learn about new methodologies and applications, and apply what you've learned.
- Android and / or iOS expert
- Have significant experience using either Google, Mapbox or Apple map SDKs
- Have significant experience writing location-based apps
- Fluent English speaker
Compensation is very competitive within location of employment.
AI Incube is an equal-opportunity employer. We encourage all genders, demographic backgrounds, and orientations to apply. We foster a respectful and positive work and social atmosphere for all. We value quality and professionalism, and encourage learning and growth.