Find a remote job in Software DevPost a job for $299
It's 2019 isn't it time to find a job that lets you work where you want?Who Is Follow Up Boss?
Why Would You Want To Work Here?
- Were a simple, sales-focused CRM for real estate teams (and we use our own product)
- Were a self funded, profitable company started back in April of 2011
- Were a remote company with a mostly US-based team
- We dont just claim to be customer-centric - we live it: https://www.facebook.com/followupboss/reviews
- Check out our video on how we work: https://www.followupboss.com/about/
This Role Is For You If
- Were a young, ambitious company who only answers to our customers
- Opportunity to have a big impact on our growth and your career
- No red tape or pointless meetings
- Competitive salary, health/dental insurance and 20 days paid holiday, $1000 to outfit your home office, yearly company meetup
- You are passionate about Information Security and have solid experience in the field.
- You would describe yourself as patient, empathetic and having a good sense of humour
- Youre independent, self-motivated and can stay efficient and productive without someone looking over your shoulder all day long
- Superb written and verbal skills (with a professional yet fun demeanor).
- You enjoy programming and creating solid, tested, reliable things over just breaking things.
- Reject the idea of security being a blocker, and enjoy collaborating with colleagues across teams to ship projects securely
- Have the ability to work with others and helping them to understand security is far more important than knowing about the latest ROP gadget finding techniques.
- This is a hands-on technical position where you will work with the Infrastructure and Product teams to ensure the secure release of applications.
- Security architecture experience and the ability to consult with engineering teams working on technology projects will be key to success.
- You have thorough familiarity with techniques used by real world attackers and should be able to prioritize detection and attack surface reduction efforts based on this knowledge.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Self motivated and proactive mindset.
- Remote work experience is considered an asset.
- Based in the USA, quiet home office with fast internet.
- Strong experience in penetration testing or related activities, including at least network and application security experience.
- Understand modern web application architecture, TCP/IP, HTTP, and standard network and system security technologies
- A strong knowledge of securing production LAMP (PHP) stacks, as well as a solid understanding of iOS and Android apps is a must.
- Strong knowledge of internet security issues.
- Strong knowledge of UNIX and networking protocols.
30 Day Targets:
- Take a leadership role in driving security and privacy initiatives at Follow Up Boss.
- Establish, advocate and enforce security policies and best practices among our team members.
- Lead efforts to keep our customers' data and company assets safe.
- Review changes in internal processes and IT systems to make sure the changes being made don't have adverse effect on security.
- Provide security guidance for our products and technologies
- Collaborate with colleagues across a variety of teams to architect & ship projects securely
- Discover, analyze, assess, and respond to various threats in Follow Up Boss's web stack, iOS and Android applications.
- Investigate security-related reports from customers, internal team members or general public, assess risks and damage, plan recovery actions and lead the effort to execute the plan.
- Review changes in software we produce to make sure we follow best security practices and the changes being made don't have a negative effect on security.
- Evaluate and provide recommendations on third party applications and services and the security implications associated with their use.
- Understand offensive techniques/tactics and be able to prioritize mitigation techniques or technologies accordingly.
- Instrument and perform anomaly analysis of systems and applications
- Ability to discover new and interesting security problems as well a fix them.
- Mentor other team members.
60 Day Targets:
- Become familiar with the product architecture, infrastructure, and existing tools.
- Pair with engineers to gain knowledge about the system and how we work.
- Improve the new hire onboarding process, by being a part of it.
90 Day Targets:
- Take active part in the internal security related work (e.g. assessing company VPN, implementing AWS IAM security best practices, SSH + 2FA, etc)
- Work with fellow engineers to ensure authorized access to internal tools, servers, and sensitive customer data.
Our Core Engineering Values
- Identify top security issues and develop a solid plan to address them
- Develop internal physical security policies.
- Review and produce plan to comply with Google Compliance External Security Audit.
If this sounds like a great fit we would love to hear from you.We're not accepting applications from agencies.
- Code Quality
- Focus and Prioritization
- Customer Driven
- Leadership Qualities
Parklink Limited seeks a skilled, motivated candidate to fill the position of remote Lead Technician fluent in Python and PHP, who loves the challenges of high-availabilty SaaS and working with hardware.
Parklink Development Limited provides RFID duplication devices to locksmiths and security professionals.
Our flagship product is 'Rebadge'. It's a patented machine that duplicates RFID badges for customers. Before Rebadge, it was impossible to duplicate consumer RFID badges. Since the launch of Rebadge, literally hundreds of thousands of people have been able to make copies of their badges, and the number increases every day.
Each machine is an embedded linux system running Python + Qt, and tethered online.
Supporting the machines is a RESTful API (CakePHP).
There is also a full back-office system for client management, machine management, billing, etc.
We've got over 2,000 machines online (Check out our coverage map here: https://rebadge.eu)
We've recently expanded into Australian and US markets. With this growth comes new challenges, and this is where your expertise comes in.
The team currently consists of three staff - the founding partners operating in the roles of CTO and COO, and a technical support role. The successful candidate would be the fourth member on the team. The company structure is based in Hong Kong, but the partners are EU based
We are a highly optimised / lean company. The successful candidate will have the ability to work autonomously on a constantly evolving product and rapidly expanding client base. You will work on a real product that is used by thousands of people daily.
Working for us means you'll be able to flex your development muscles, and you'll have a real impact on a real product that exists in the real-world, used by thousands of people every day. It's an exciting possibility.
We are not another boring SaaS company. We create, manufacture and deploy real hardware on a global scale, with back and front end code managing it all. You'll have a chance to get your hands onto hardware, software, development and deployment. If you're driven, curious, and a hacker at heart, this position is for you.
We will provide you with all the training and tools you need, an annual travel budget, and a dynamic, fair and respectful work environment.
Reciprocatively, we are seeking to work with someone that is honest, skilled, self-motivated, and reliable.
As a lead technician, your tasks will be divided into two categories:
Backend Development (CakePHP)
Embedded Development (Python)
Our systems (API + Back-office) are based on the CakePHP framework, backed by a geographically Distributed High-Availability LAMP stack (Europe + Asia)
The RESTful API provides the interface to the network of machines, and the back office provides administration functionality for us and our clients.
Backend Development Tasks
Maintaining & Developing the API [PHP / CakePHP]
Maintaining & Developing the Administration Interface [PHP / CakePHP]
Maintaining & Optimisation of the Database [MySQL]
We have short, medium and long term goals, and milestones setup for our system. You're coming into a stable, clean, code base that we'll give you all necessary training on.
Our frameworks are under GitHub source control, with a CI environment for staging and production.
We will provide necessary development environments (VirtualBox environment).
We have 2000+ networked machines deployed. Each machine is powered by a Raspberry Pi 3, with dual-frequency RFID readers and touch screen. We have a custom linux deployment running the client software, written in Python + Qt [Pyside]
The software is under clean, stable, and under active development.
Embedded Development Tasks
Maintaining & Developing machine software [Python]
Developing / Deploying a Unit Testing framework [Python / FrogLogic Squish]
Development / Maintenance of System scripts / environment [Linux / Bash]
We will provide all necessary training + hardware required to get started on the systems.
Skill / Experience Requirements
Python 3 [Fluent]
QT / PySide Experience Bonus
Ability to write, respect & maintain unit tests
PHP 5/6/7 [Fluent]
OOP (PSR-1 & 2) Obligatory
CakePHP Experience Bonus
Ability to write, respect & maintain unit tests (CodeCeption, PHPUnit)
Fluent with Git, respecting & maintaining development procedures (issue branch, code review, pull request, merge, etc)
Query optimisation for high load environments
High Traffic, High Availability Clusters
Experience with distributed server clusters and writing highly optimised code for high-load environments - understanding the requirements of high-load environments
Intermediate configuration & administration tasks (SSH, Bash, etc)
Rasbian Experience Bonus
Serial / UART
NFC Familiarity [Bonus]
13.56 (Mifare, libNFC, etc)
125KHz (T55, EM4XX etc)
English (Fluency in written + spoken)
Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently
Ability to work autonomously & self-motivate
Ability to integrate into an existing team & structure
This is a full time, remote position (8 hours per day, 5 days per week)
Reachable during work hours via phone / slack
40000EU per year / ~$50,000 USD
2kEU Hardware Allowance / $2450 USD
Annual Travel Allowance
We will provide all training required
We will provide all hardware necessary (Devices, parts, badges, etc)
Flexible time off: 25 Paid Vacation days + 11 Paid Public Holidays
Your updated CV
A brief email explaining who you are, why you fit the position, and how your experience is relevant.
A link to your GitHub/GitLab account
An overview of your side projects that you work on / contribute to.
We will take time to study each application with diligence - please take the time to read over the position requirements carefully.
Hello. We are ShipHero. We have built a software platform entrusted by hundreds of ecommerce companies, large and small to run their operations. Many of our customers sell on Shopify and/or Amazon. Were driven to help our customers grow their businesses, by providing a platform that solves complex problems, and is engineered to be reliable and fast. We strive to build great technology, that is beautiful and easy to use. Our culture also reflects our ethos and belief that by bringing empathetic, talented and great people together - you can do great things. Our team is remote, with most of our engineers currently either in New York or Argentina. We do daily stand-ups via Google Hangouts and communicate regularly using video chat and Slack. We are seeking a semi-senior software engineer with proven programming and analytic abilities. You would be a fundamental member of the team focusing on building a solid foundation for the platform. We seek people who are excited and driven to continue growing with the experience of working with talented engineers, and help others improve. We are obsessed with disrupting an industry that desperately needs it, by continuing to build tools that help make our customers do great things. You will work on our many integrations with ecommerce platforms such as Shopify, Amazon, eBay and Etsy. The integrations are used at scale. We are hiring engineers in American timezones only for now. About You
- You understand that great things are accomplished when teams work together.
- Youve got lots of experience with PHP and web applications
- You have some AWS experience or equivalent
- You can code review other team members work and provide assistance and appreciate feedback.
- You take pride in your craft.
- Youve learned from building systems and solutions the reasons to avoid technical debt, and how to approach and implement TDD and CI practices.
- Youve made a lot of mistakes, and most importantly, have learned from them.
- 4+ years of experience writing software
- Work on a cross-functional team including front end and UX to build solutions that are easy for customers to understand, work consistently and scale well.
- Maintain and balance our mission-critical PHP application, with the eventual goal of replacing it with our newer Python-based codebase.
- Review features and requirements and guide, design and implement solutions.
- Understand business requirements and think through solutions in terms of not just the coding implementation but also how the solution fits into the solution and how it solves a customer need.
- Ability to estimate effort and ship on agreed schedule. Comfortable pushing yourself and your team members when challenges pop up.
- Lead regular code reviews, with the goal of code quality, good design and approach along with pushing engineers to improve and evolve.
- Optimize existing tech stack and solutions, determine path to next step in the evolution.
- Learn, and push those around you to do the same - this is a craft that youre constantly improving upon.
- Implement solutions that are pragmatic to get the platform built.
- Have the confidence to work with experienced and talented people to just build great things, youre not a rockstar.
- Work with ShipHero leadership to implement practices and principles for the team.
- $2.500 so you can buy any equipment you need to be happy at your job
- 20 days paid vacation + new year & christmas
- Conference days don't count against your vacation days, we want you to stay up-to-date
- We will pay for courses & conferences, if you learn we all learn
Bear Group is a leading web development firm based in Seattle looking for an experienced backend web developer to join our team. You will have the opportunity to work with leading companies and marketing teams to develop complex sites and integrations between systems.We are a fully distributed team that primarily builds in PHP on the Magento and Drupal platforms for ecommerce and content management sites. Since we are fully remote, you can work from anywhere! We do require at least 4 hours of working time overlap with the Pacific time zone work day where most of our clients are located. As a highly client focused organization, you will occasionally need to meet according to their schedule. This typically falls between 10 and 5 Pacific time, and we strive to give you plenty of time to focus on development.Working with a variety of clients, we fluidly form groups including a Technical Project Manager, a Quality Analyst, and one or more developers to complete sprints of work. The type of work depends on the client, but often includes:
You will need to be self-motivating and able to work independently most of the time, but we have a friendly and capable team to collaborate with when you encounter obstacles. Youll need to have a minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience, a BA/BS degree, and experience with Drupal, Magento or similar open source frameworks. Youll also need to be visually oriented with experience in Sketch or Photoshop and a good understanding of content organization and concepts within information architecture. Experience in client-service environments is a must and youll need to be professional and client service oriented; positive and proactive; able to react swiftly to meet client expectations.Since the technology world is constantly evolving, youll be expected to keep up with the current technologies and practices. To help with this, we provide an annual education stipend that can be used for attending relevant conferences or continued education courses.During your first week you will work closely with one or our senior developers to set up your new system and familiarize with our processes and tools. The system will be either Mac, Linux, or Windows to your preference, and we use Docker containers for a consistent development server stack. Other tools you will use include:
- Developing client web sites using Drupal and Magento Commerce
- Balancing workload across many projects simultaneously
- Quality assurance and testing across projects
- Collaborating cross-functionally and with a diverse group of clients
- Working with business development to assess and price new client projects
As you get your feet under you we will introduce some project work, again in collaboration with a senior developer on a sprint they are currently working on. Ultimately our developers work independently on your own tickets and sprints.In addition to competitive pay, a new computer, insurance, and 401k match, youll also receive:
- Git for source control
- Bitbucket for Git repositories
- Jira for project management
- Confluence for documentation
- Slack for communication.
To learn more about the company, visit www.beargroup.com.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 3 Weeks PTO plus approximately 10 vacation days annually
- $1500 annual education stipend
- Software stipend for the tools that you prefer to do the job
We’re looking for a mid to senior level remote WordPress Developer with strong WooCommerce experience to join our Tribe.
This position will be per project to start as a trial, but with the ability for full time.
- Primarily technical troubleshooting for WordPress & WooCommerce sites.
- Debugging theme and plugin issues.
- Building custom plugins to connect WordPress & WooCommerce with third party apps using existing APIs.
- Building advanced custom theme and plugin functionality.
- Auditing client code to identifying any potential security risks.
- Performing speed and performance enhancements.
- Troubleshooting and resolving MySQL related issues.
- Providing daily status updates to manager.
- Attending weekly team calls via video chat or phone.
- Performing custom WordPress migrations between servers/hosts.
- Responsive to emails/calls/chat and available to work Mon-Fri, between the hours of 8am-6pm PST.
- Strong portfolio of cleanly written, WordPress related code.
- Strong experience with WooCommerce.
- Strong experience with MySQL and can write advanced SQL queries.
- Strong experience with the WordPress and WooCommerce APIs.
- Can work with Git version control.
- Strong experience with WordPress speed and performance optimization.
- Have a fast, reliable internet connection.
- Can complete work in a timely fashion and within deadlines.
- Have fluency in both spoken and written English.
- Single developers only, please no teams.
****NOTE: ****A development test project is required as part of our hiring process.
7 Cups’ mission is to empower every human to care for one another. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2013, 7 Cups’ has significantly expanded access to emotional support and behavioral health. We are currently the largest mental health system in the world. Over 2 million people from almost every country on the planet (191/195) in 152 different languages use the platform each month. We are living in a world with an immense love deficit. Many of us are not receiving the love we need to reach our true potential and to truly thrive. We are solving this huge problem, and trying to change the stigma around mental health.
7Cups is seeking a Full Stack Engineer, to join to our quickly growing team. You will build efficient programs and systems that best serve our users; work with other developers and product managers throughout the software development life cycle. This is a critical time for us as we recently won a multi million dollar contract with the state of California. We will be growing a lot over the next year. We're going to the next level as organization and our platform is also going to grow and evolve. It's an exciting time to be apart of the team.
What you’ll do:
- Code and test software based upon software specifications and design
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in existing software
- Analyze and study complex systems requirements
- Prepare design documentation
- Write and maintain technical documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with stakeholders throughout the organization
What you bring:
- 1-2 years of software developer experience
- You love to code and do it for fun!
- At least 6 months professional experience with React Native
- Understanding of OOP, data structures, and algorithms.
- Experience with one or more of our core technologies React, Node.js, PHP
- Creative, constructive problem solver
- Diligent, persistent worker
- Quick learner, collaborative, willing to question, eager to learn
- BS or BA in CS or comparable degree.
What you get:
- Remote-first culture, work where you want
- Built-in focus on professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement through meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous PTO policy promoting rest for mind/body/soul
Equal Employment Opportunities at 7Cups:
7Cups is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. 7Cups believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
We look for people who are:
- As passionate about helping customers succeed as they are about working with new technologies.
- Confident, and value freedom (we work almost exclusively from home), but humble enough to ask questions when they are stuck.
- Want to build new things, but don’t mind rolling up their sleeves and doing what needs to get done.
- Love to work directly with customers to solve their business problems.
- Want to work hard, but balance that with the rest of their life.
We’re looking for talented developers who want to be part of a young company in an exciting time of growth, and to help make EmailOctopus the preferred email platform for millions of users worldwide.
Set up by two brothers in London in 2014, we’re a bootstrapped (and profitable!) startup with big ambitions to disrupt the email marketing industry. To date, our customers have sent over 3.5 billion emails and saved in excess of $100,000. Over the next few years, we’re looking to improve our platform, expand our feature set and significantly grow our customer base.
We’re a friendly, personal team and we pride ourselves on delivering outstanding service to our users just as much as we do in building an amazing product. We’re a fully remote business, with the team spread across London, Manchester and Vancouver.
As a developer at EmailOctopus, you’ll be helping maintain our existing platform as well as supporting our biggest project yet: switching from AWS-supported platform to a fully independent email service provider. Your skills will help us ensure that our platform is robust, tested and set up to succeed at scale, so we can keep reliably delivering billions of emails on behalf of our users.
Your skills and experience
We’re looking for developers who are quick to adapt to new technologies. You will have some or all of the skills below, but an appetite to learn is most valuable.
* Strong experience in PHP and its web frameworks, such as Symfony/Laravel
* Familiar with AWS and sysadmin
* Experience in Redis/MySQL/BigQuery
* Experience with Python
* Comfortable with version control
* Interested in developing highly scalable and robust web applications
* Passionate about writing clean and maintainable code
* Workable frontend/UX skills
* Work from anywhere
* The opportunity to be part of a small, growing team who will support you in your future career
* Flexible working hours
* £500 yearly learning budget
* Free yoga
We thought we needed a DBA. We thought we needed more DevOps.
What we realize is that we need is you, our MySQL Performance Engineer.
You will work closely with Ops to tune the server; build data-access tools with DevOps; polish our schema with the data lords; and create standards and processes so that all application queries are good queries. We've got tens of billions of records and we're redesigning their home to use the best MySQL scaling practices,
NoSQL-inspired pragmatism, and zero-downtime global redundancy. Join us.
- MySQL 5.7 mastery, with a focus on performance — both for the applications using the DB and the developers building it
- Deep understanding of multi-master, failover, and replication over non-local networks
-Troubleshoot slow logs, schema improprieties, and load issues like you were born to it
- Above average programming chops (PHP/Java/Python), and a deep understanding of ORMs (Doctrine, *Batis)
Things we like — show us examples!
- Big data is your friend, and metadata about big data is your sustenance
- You have bridged a data-layer between multiple datacenters and AWS
- You can make MySQL, Redis, Redis Streams, Kafka, and other event queues sing in harmony
This is a REMOTE, FULL-TIME position.
You can learn more about us here: https://www.chess.com/blog/erik/how-chess-com-s-100-person-virtual-team-works-together
We are looking for a team player who has in-depth experience with WordPress CMS. You will be the link between WebARX and WordPress community and you will lead the way how WebARX works with WordPress.
You can attend local and international WordPress events, travel the world with us and meet awesome new people.
If having flexible working hours and a possibility to work at home or in a local co-working space something that could work for you, make sure to let us know.
Is it you?
> You can write PHP code that is functional from 5.4 to 7.*
>You can develop and work with responsive designs
> You can write WordPress plugins, you understand how filters and actions work
> You can interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
> You can implement security and you know what must be done with user input before it’s processed further down the application
> You can work with security and website security in general, you can explain what SQLi, XSS, LFI, RFI, RCE, XSRF is on top of your head and know how to prevent it
> You can write unit tests
> You can work with Git and Jira