Find a remote job in Software DevPost a job for $299
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating simple, yet scalable experiences for our customers.
As a Senior Software Engineer within Developer Experience you will think about how to present complex developer workflows and deployment processes as simple, elegant, and configurable solutions for our customers. Working alongside of Product and Design teams, and reporting to an Engineering Manager, you will decide how to build software that gets the most out of our products and services, and helps developers deploy, manage, and scale apps on DigitalOcean. You will also work within the broader engineering organization to improve efficiency and performance of internal systems, so that we can support our growing customer base.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Developing software written primarily in Go, and sometimes Ruby.
- Working with containerized applications in Docker, and deploying within a CI/CD environment like GoCD and Concourse.
- Creating and processing large amounts of data stored in, or streamed through, MySQL, Redis, and Kafka.
- Using tools like Kibana and Grafana to monitor, alert and troubleshoot internal production performance issues.
- Consuming and integrating with 3rd party APIs (DigitalOcean public APIs, Kubernetes, logging and analytics services, etc).
- Actively participating in the product development process, quickly understanding how our services contribute to customer value, and gradually forming opinions on how to make those services better with minimal technical supervision.
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Experience working in a role where you had to balance solving software performance and scaling challenges with creating customer value.
- Willingness to understand the architecture of multiple systems, and being able to make updates to them independently.
- Have the ability to lead projects from start to finish, working cross functionally to gather requirements, plan work, and helping to steer development until launch.
- Experience with consuming and processing messages from Kafka or similar service.
- Proficiency with writing efficient queries in MySQL.
- Experience building APIs for external consumption.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and CI/CD pipelines like GoCD or Concourse a plus.
- An understanding of microservice architecture and inter-service communication with protocols like gRPC and Protocol Buffers a plus.
- A strong appreciation for rich UI experiences, and particularly the flexibility to adapt APIs and backend services to accommodate such experiences.
- A passion for creating developer tools and meaningful developer workflows.
- This role will be expected to participate in an on-call rotation
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You are the voice of the customer inside Giant Swarm and the voice of Giant Swarm towards the customers, helping both sides to be successful.
- You work closely with customers to understand their architecture and further their understanding of Giant Swarm, helping them to get the most out of our product and the CNCF landscape, master Cloud Native tools like Kubernetes, Prometheus as well as Loki, Helm and others.
- Our solution architects are becoming part of diverse open source communities around tools that our customers need and use, contributing back to those projects where possible. You build and maintain helm charts that might start out as a special project for one customer and end up being a managed service run by all our customers.
- You hold trainings and workshops at conferences, for our existing customers, as well as with Giant Swarms potential customers. . Do note that the role requires minimum travel as most of our interactions as a fully remote company are via video conferencing.
- Learn from customer's problems with moving to microservices architectures, get your hands dirty and find out what Cloud Native project's entrails look like. The more successful our customers are with the Cloud Native journey, the more successful we are.
- Ultimately, you are also responsible for documentation, helping the product teams implement fixes, prioritizing features and making sure we only need to answer questions once.
- First impressions are important! You help create a great onboarding experience for our customers and become the main point of contact for them.
- To sum it up: Customer Success is all that matters. Within the solution engineering team, we make sure our customers are happy and taking the right steps going forward, at best you anticipate the problems they might face in the future.
- You have experience with more than one programming language, including Go, and a strong architectural background.
- You feel at home in the Kubernetes world, especially the multitude of Open Source tools around Kubernetes and the Container World.
- You can explain complicated things concisely and easily for a diverse audience.
- You have a strong sense in providing an awesome customer service that makes life easier for Developers. Your communication skills (especially written form) are excellent. Very good English skills are a must-have. German skills are a bonus.
- You are open to attend conferences with our team and hold talks in front of customers. You are happy to travel 5-10% per year
- We (and our customers) are currently mostly distributed around Europe (around UTC), thus, your main timezone should be somewhere between -2UTC to +2UTC to ensure better communication.
Why we think this position is worth applying for (challenge us!)
- Impact, Impact, Impact! We are a growing team (from 15+ European countries) and every new team member changes the team. This is great! People who know things we dont are highly welcome.
- It's better to ask forgiveness than permission (Paolini) - sure, its not 100% like this, but we have a strong culture of failure which is part of our agile mindset. We dont do things like in the guidebook. Hell, our customers choose us because we are building how the guidebook should look in this day and age. You can try things out.
- We play a key role in our customer's digital transformation. We have partnered up with Amazon Web Services and Microsoft to provide our solution on their cloud platforms - more will follow.
- We serve some of Europe's leading organizations and are talking to many more.
What is it like to work at Giant Swarm?We would like to give you a glimpse on how working with Giant Swarm(we are a fully remote team) is like:
Self-organizationCreative work needs freedom and openness. We encourage you to do your work wherever (some of us travel almost half the year and work from remote islands) and whenever you want (keeping in mind that there are some meetings we would like you to attend). We expect passion and encourage sustainability. If you need rest, take it. If you take up a task, own it. If you see a problem, solve it.
TeamworkWe are a growing company with team members distributed all over Europe and plans on expanding to the US. Our ambitious goals are only achievable as a team. Everybodys input is highly welcome and appreciated. Although sometimes rules and processes are necessary, we try to keep them as lean as possible. Always question the status quo and find new ways of collaboration and team work.
LearningLearning is mandatory and fun at the same time. If you realize you want to expand your knowledge in a specific area, we support you with conferences, books etc.
BasicsWe offer fair (transparent and open) salaries with benefits like choosing your own laptop, your choice to work at home or in a coworking space, flexible hours, minimal meetings, transparent communication, etc.. And you will participate in our stock options program. Currently our team members have more children than we are employees. So family friendliness is a must. We don't hire job descriptions. We hire humans. :) We welcome applications from everybody, regardless ethnic or national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation or age.
At Close, we're building the sales communication platform of the future. With our roots as the very first sales CRM to include built-in calling, we're leading the industry toward eliminating manual processes and helping companies to close more deals (faster). Since our founding in 2013, we've grown to become a profitable, 100% globally distributed team of ~33 high-performing, happy people that are dedicated to building a product our customers love.
We ❤️open source – using dozens of open source projects with contributions to many of them, and released some of our own like ciso8601, LimitLion, SocketShark, TaskTiger, and more at https://github.com/closeio
We're looking for an experienced full-time Software Engineer to join our engineering team. Someone who has a solid understanding of web technologies and wants to help design, implement, launch, and scale major systems and user-facing features.
You should have senior level experience (~5 years) building modern back-end systems, with at least 3 years of that experience using Python.
You also have around five years experience using MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, or similar data stores. You have significant experience designing, scaling, debugging, and optimizing systems to make them fast and reliable. You have experience participating in code reviews and providing overall code quality suggestions to help maintain the structure and quality of the codebase.
You’re comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a small and talented team where you're supported in your efforts to grow professionally. You are able to manage your time well, communicate effectively and collaborate in a fully distributed team.
You are located in an American or European time zone.
Bonus point if you have...
- Contributed open source code related to our tech stack
- Led small project teams building and launching features
- Built B2B SaaS products
- Experience with sales or sales tools
Come help us with projects like...
- Conceiving, designing, building, and launching new user-facing features
- Improving the performance and scalability our API. Help expand our GraphQL implementation.
- Improving how we sync millions of sales emails each month
- Working with Twilio's API, WebSockets, and WebRTC to improve our calling features
- Building user-facing analytics features that provide actionable insights based on sales activity data
- Improving our Elasticsearch-backed powerful search features
- Improving our internal messaging infrastructure using streaming technologies like Kafka and Redis
- Building new and enhancing existing integrations with other SaaS platforms like Google’s G Suite, Zapier, and Web Conferencing providers
Why work with us?
- 100% Remote (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- 2 x Annual Team Retreats ✈️ (Lisbon Retreat Video)
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental with HSA option - 99% premiums paid (US residents)
- 5 Weeks PTO + 6 Government Holidays + Dec 24 - Jan 1 Company Holiday
- Parental Leave (10 wks primary caregiver / 4 wks secondary caregiver)
- 401k matching at 4% (US residents)
- Our story and team🚀
- Glassdoor Reviews
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practicing a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Work/Life harmony is an important part of our organization - we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 12 countries and 14 states; a collection of talented humans rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and cultures. Twice a year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another. We see these retreats as an opportunity to strengthen the social fiber of our community.
This team is growing in more ways than one - we’ve recently launched 8 babies (and counting!). Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our organization. At Close, we have a high care factor for one another, in making an awesome product and championing the success of our customers.
Interested in Close but don't think this role is the best fit for you? View our other positions.
At Numbrs, our engineers don’t just develop things – we have an impact. We change the way how people are managing their finances by building the best products and services for our users.
Numbrs engineers are innovators, problem-solvers, and hard-workers who are building solutions in big data, mobile technology and much more. We look for professional, highly skilled engineers who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced, value-driven environment.
Join our dedicated technology team that builds massively scalable systems, designs low latency architecture solutions and leverages machine learning technology to turn financial data into action. Want to push the limit of personal finance management? Join Numbrs.
You will be a part of a team that is responsible for developing, releasing, monitoring and troubleshooting large scale micro-service based distributed systems with high transaction volume. You enjoy learning new things and are passionate about developing new features, maintaining existing code, fixing bugs, and contributing to overall system design. You are a great teammate who thrives in a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities.
All candidates will have
- a Bachelor's or higher degree in technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- hands-on experience with highly concurrent production grade systems
- experience with micro-service based architecture
- strong hands-on experience with Golang (minimum 4 years)
- knowledge of AWS, Kubernetes, and Docker
- excellent troubleshooting and creative problem-solving abilities
- excellent written and oral communication in English and interpersonal skills
Ideally, candidates will also have
- experience with professional software engineering best practices, coding standards, code reviews, testing and operations
- experience with CI/CD toolchain products like Jira, Stash, Git, and CircleCI
Hundreds of thousands of businesses have bet their success on the reliability and performance of the Shopify platform. Uptime, resiliency and efficiency are critical to these businesses and as a result of Shopify’s rapid growth and massive scale, we have many interesting and challenging infrastructure problems to solve.
At the heart of this platform are Shopify’s core database systems. These systems, where we store all merchant and customer data, are built around the MySQL ecosystem of open source tools. Over the past several years, we have been hard at work scaling and improving our database infrastructure, handling almost two million queries per second at peak. Now, we want to take it to the next level and we need your help to get us there!
Responsibilities as a Database Engineer:
As a member of Shopify’s Production Engineering organization and the Datastores team, you’ll be directly responsible for the scalability, availability, and integrity of the Shopify database infrastructure.
As a Database Engineer, your day to day activities will include working closely with the support and development teams, some traditional database administration (DBA) work and some modern systems administration work (managing cloud infrastructure). As we continue to grow and scale, we need to achieve as much as possible through automation and hands-off management. We need your help, your experience, and your crazy ideas to design, build, and deploy the next generation of database management infrastructure to expand on what we have built to keep it truly world-class.
We are currently running a cloud based state-of-the-art stack on Google’s Compute Engine and Container Engine. Our next challenges involve moving all our systems, including MySQL itself, as containerized services running under Kubernetes.
All members of Production Engineering, including leads, also participate in an on-call rotation.
You’ll need to:
Have experience with the administration, operation, and performance tuning of MySQL, ideally in a Linux environment.
Maintain an understanding of modern solutions to deploy services at scale.
Be proficient in at least one programming language, and have the ability to read, write and understand scripts in languages such as Ruby, Python, or Go.
Have an insatiable appetite to grow and learn how to manage systems at scale. It would be great if you:
Understand modern high availability (HA) designs for MySQL, and have used MySQL HA-management solutions, such as Orchestrator.
Have experience with MySQL proxies, such as ProxySQL.
Understand containerization and deployment on Linux using technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
Are up-to-speed and comfortable with cloud infrastructure, designs, and tools for Google Cloud and/or Amazon Web Services.
Have some familiarity with existing cloud-managed “Database as a Service” solutions, such as Google’s Cloud SQL or Amazon’s RDS/Aurora.
Are competent using git for version control and especially using GitHub for pull requests, reviews, and issue management.
Are familiar with the ecosystem of Open Source software used in production web environments, such as Rails, Redis and memcached.
Some things you’ll be working on in your first few months:
Learn about Shopify’s MySQL-based database infrastructure and get comfortable working safely and efficiently in it.
Work on the projects that will allow us to offer to our internal customers a standardized “Database as a Service” platform which would cover absolutely all their needs, including HA, data integrity, schema migrations and changes, security, monitoring and alerts.
Test (and try to break) our high availability systems in interesting new ways, and work out the kinks found in the process.
Respond to internal support requests from other teams to help ensure their success in developing their own applications or supporting their customers.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application. Please take some time to tell us why you’d be an awesome addition to our team and how this role would be a fit for you!
Reaction Commerce is the fastest-growing open source commerce management platform used by modern retailers and our vision is to connect the world through open commerce.
As our platform grows, so must our team. We’re currently looking for a Software Engineer with experience shipping production software to join us.We're a distributed, diverse, and growing team currently spread across four continents. While we have a small office in Santa Monica, CA, all of our positions are remote roles. Everyone is welcome to visit and work from our office, but it's not required. Although we are remote first, we appreciate quality time with our co-workers, so we meet in person once a year for our annual All Hands.About this Role:You'll remotely work with a team of engineers within our distributed engineering team to:* Build intuitive UIs for retailers and merchandisers* Define patterns for extending or augmenting storefront and operator UIs* Engineer methods for securing core and custom GraphQL APIs* Increase accessibility of all our applications* Improve tooling for building and shipping new UI components, storefronts, and operator tools* Improve performance, reduce page weight/cost, and decrease load times for our storefront and operator UIsAbout You:* You have developed and supported software systems in a production environment.* You see the value in reviewing and documenting code, pair programming and get excited about improving tools and processes.* You love being a mentor and compassionately teach patterns and best practices to engineers on your team.* You actively seek and appreciate the input of peers, designers, infrastructure engineers, and product owners.* You're comfortable working remotely and believe in the value of distributed teams.* You believe in building an inclusive community with and for your co-workers.About Our Stack:* React and Apollo GraphQL on the client* Node with some services in Clojure on the server* GraphQL API* MongoDB for most application data.* Apache Kafka for modeling both streams and tables.* Elasticsearch* Docker and Kubernetes on Amazon Web ServicesDo you want to know more about what our team is working on and how you might be able to help? You should apply!More about Reaction:We offer 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance, and up to 50% coverage for dependents. In addition, we offer a 401K, and U.S. employees benefit from 12 weeks of parental leave. We aim to offer the same benefits to everyone across the globe, but some of these may vary based on location and local laws. All remote employees are offered a budget for an ergonomic chair and standing desk at home.We discourage our team members from working unreasonable hours, beyond the typical 40 hours per week. And it's important that we take time off and recharge when necessary, that's why we have a minimum vacation policy that encourages us to take a minimum of 15 vacation days per year. We also value continuous improvement with a monthly learning stipend, so there are plenty of opportunities to learn new subjects or hone existing skills.We believe in good documentation and proactive communication. Inclusivity is a priority of everyone on our team. Read more about our team values and our operating principles in this blog post.
Join us if you want to work on the next generation web publishing platform. Work on our CMS, use powerful technology like GraphQL, node.js, and OpenResty on our robust AWS infrastructure. Monitor, build, and scale a node.js, MongoDB, and redis stack on a resilient AWS deployment all coordinated by Rancher, Terraform, and running on Docker. Architect and implement a performant web publishing platform for people of all backgrounds. We are working on some incredible products and we need your expertise to do it.
Pear Deck is founded by teachers on a mission to help educators engage their students. We create active learning solutions that leverage student devices to support formative assessment, meaningful engagement, and improved classroom equity.
We’re looking for someone who gets energy in a dynamic role, who would enjoy helping other developers with tools, monitoring our services in Kubernetes, and helping our team understand acute technical issues.
Things you may do on a given day:
- Stand up with the cross-functional product team and agree on top priorities for the day
- Monitor production systems for disruptions to valuable classroom time and react quickly
- Review a PR
- Fix a bug
- Make improvements to our CI/CD pipeline
- Talk with another dev about recent improvements to our internal tooling
- Identifying potential projects to cut our cloud spend
- Develop a plan to make monitoring or operational improvements
- Twiddle some knobs in the GCP console while building long-term IaC solutions
- Improve our workflow orchestration
Prior to this, it is likely you:
- Have worked well with non-technical leaders and technical leaders alike
- Worked with service-oriented architecture and other infrastructure patterns
- Used programming design patterns
- Have demonstrated honesty, determination, brilliance, and humility
About Pear Deck
Pear Deck is a five-year-old funded startup headquartered in Iowa City, IA, focused on delivering powerful learning moments to every student, every day. By joining Pear Deck at this stage in our growth, you will be getting in during an exciting time as we expand our team while maintaining our humanity. So, if you like the idea of working on a close-knit crew as we face the challenges of scaling both our customers and our team, this is the perfect time to jump in.
We value diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to join our team. We believe a wealth of perspectives helps Pear Deck serve its teachers better. If you’re interesting in joining us on our mission, apply on our website.
FineTune is seeking a senior QA for our AP and Pre-AP software product. We are a fully distributed and international team though 1/3 of us are in Boston Metro area. S/he will have the opportunity to work on mission critical software that will impact 3-5 million students in 2019. If you are well versed in various
- selenium based testing
- load testing (Python Locust)
- smoke testing
- test driven development
- and have worked in QA'ing at least 3 production released software
you are welcome to apply. S/he will be working with our development team, product owners, designers and increase the quality of the software so that we may serve 3 million+ users in 2019.
- Proven experience in understanding complex user needs with multiple stakeholders
- 5+ years of QA experience
- 3+ years experience with API testing, UI testing, end to end testing.
- 3+ years experience QA’ing high-availability enterprise software a plus
- 5+ years experience with Databases (SQL or noSQL)
- Experience with Selenium
- Experience with Locust for load testing
- Experience with apache bench
- Java based automation
- Python based automation
- Strong Agile Experience
- Experience with continuous integration and test driven development
- Ability to dive deep into technical issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in debugging performance issues in docker, kubernetes and AWS ECS containers
- Experience with collaborating in github a plus
- Desire to continuously, learn, improve and apply new technologies that will increase operational efficiency and effectiveness
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent a plus
As we prepare for rapid business growth from here, FineTune Learning is seeking to hire a Senior QA Automation Engineer who have worked in at least 3 production released software/web/mobile products. We are looking for people who have strong motivation to grow startup companies, who is agile and continuously improving themselves while having an opinion for great software components and services with great attention to detail in delivering reliable software that is well tested according to user expectations.
As a DevOps Engineer, you are embedded within an engineering team and have one foot in operations, the other in development. You care deeply about uptime, reliability and automation. You help your colleagues make product changes quickly and all of us deliver value to our clients faster. You do things like help get new services into production, ensure effective monitoring and alerting and help us grow our infrastructure platform to accommodate the demands of a growing client base, and so forth.
You will fit in well with us, if you:
- Reside in North or South America. Yes, we are a distributed company, but since we are still small, we like to minimize the time zone spread within the team.
- Are an excellent communicator. In our small team, English is the official language. You need to be able to articulate complex ideas efficiently and effectively. When people do not share an office, it is essential to pay extra attention to communication.
- Have a solid technical background. You should have at least 5 years of professional experience and be able to point to a track record of caring about production systems with significant usage.
- Feel at home with Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Linux and shell scripting. You have been working in current cloud-based environments (such as AWS or GCP), but you don’t feel tied to one platform and generally appreciate picking the “right tool for the job.”
- Like to learn and strive to do so often. As a company we improve to the extent that our team does. It starts with each individual. Humility and an open mind help a lot.
- Ideally know what it is like to work in distributed development teams, or better yet, thrive in them. It probably means you already know you don’t need a structured office environment with a manager who checks in on you once a day. Likewise, you know that you will do best from your home office.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and the communities we serve.
Principals only please.
- Reside in North or South America. Yes, we are a distributed company, but since we are still small, we like to minimize the time zone spread within the team.
Overview of the role:
We're looking for a Site Reliability Engineer with a passion for scaling and technical problem-solving to help us grow our SaaS platform in the cloud. You’ll have an understanding of Node applications (MEAN stack) You’ll help our applications get the proper love and care they deserve. You'll investigate, develop, automate, and communicate to get the job done.
What awesome stuff you'll do:
Collaborate with other engineers to help solve problems ranging from systems security to build automation
Build tools to help developers to manage the applications in the SDLC
Work closely with other engineers to solve technical challenges and ensure continued application scalability
Research, develop and deploy tools to manage each part of the stack
Build systems and tools to automate deployment pipelines
Define and own best practices for our engineering teams and assist them in engaging these processes
Influence our infrastructure direction with your ideas
Stay current with industry trends, systems, and practices and teach others to help them level up
What you'll need to be successful:
A strong desire to innovate, experiment, collaborate and learn
High standards for quality and attention to detail
Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Experience deploying and maintaining a Node application
You’re a developer at heart and love to make tools to help other devs
Experience with cloud concepts and experience applying them to an app
Experience with application containerization (Docker)
Experience with monitoring and alerting platforms and tools
Bonus points for:
Experience with CircleCI, ECS, Kubernetes, GKE, Terraform, Spinnaker
Experience with ElasticSearch, Redis, Memcached
Experience with MongoDB, Postgres
Our goal at Nash is to make trading, holding, and interacting with cryptocurrencies accessible to everyone. We are looking for DevOps engineers (remote) to assist with the deployment of our exchange matching engine, settlement layer, and APIs. You should be well versed in best practices for deploying, monitoring, and updating highly secure systems.
> Build infrastructure for the secure deployment and monitoring of our exchange services.
> Document your work thoroughly so that others can work with and build upon it.
> Engage in test-driven development practices.
> Work asynchronously with a fully remote team.
We are looking for
> 4+ years in a prior DevOps role.
> Experience managing cloud provider services (e.g., AWS GCP) using Terraform.
> Experience deploying highly secure systems (such as financial software).
> Experience managing cloud provider services (e.g., AWS GCP).
> Extensive knowledge of Kubernetes, microservice deployments, and CI/CD (Gitlab)
> Experience with managing distributed systems in Elixir.
We prefer but don't require
> 1+ years experience working with Elixir.
> Experience working in remote teams.
> A history of contributing to open source software.
> Experience working with OTP, Ecto, and Plug.
> Familiarity with Elixir typespecs.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help us develop, maintain and administer the TileDB cloud-based service.
Work as part of a team to develop a complete cloud-based service
Develop, unit test and validate components of Golang based services
Help design new service layers and advanced DB feature sets (ACL, SQL, etc)
Maintain production infrastructure
Our headquarters are located in Cambridge, MA. The candidates must be US or Greek citizens or permanent residents.
In-depth experience with Golang based REST services
Experience using Kubernetes for production service deployments
Experience with OpenAPI (Swagger) specifications
Experience with production MariaDB/MySQL usage and administration
Nice to Have
Devops experience with DNS, logging and monitoring
Experience debugging performance critical applications
C/C++ experience (i.e. CGO)
TileDB, Inc. offers very competitive compensation and benefits, which include:
Health Care Plan (Medical)
Stock Option Plan
Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)