Find a remote job in Software DevPost a job for $299
Auth0, a global leader in Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS), provides thousands of enterprise customers with a Universal Identity Platform for their web, mobile, IoT, and internal applications. Its extensible platform seamlessly authenticates and secures more than 2.5B logins per month, making it loved by developers and trusted by global enterprises. Auth0 has raised more than $110 million to date and continues its global growth at a rapid pace. We are consistently recognized as a great place to work based our outstanding leadership and dedication to company culture, and are looking for the best people to join our incredible team spread across more than 35 countries!
Auth0 gives companies simple, powerful and developer friendly building blocks so they can free up resources to focus on innovation. We strive to be the identity platform of choice for developers and Enterprises. We take our culture very seriously and are looking for people who are drawn to both our mission and our culture.
The Auth0 platform processes thousands of requests per second (2.5 billion logins per month) for customers all around the world - and we're growing very fast! The Site Reliability team aims to improve reliability and uptime in a data-driven way to support our customers' needs.
We are looking for senior software engineers with a good understanding of how systems fail, solid background in software engineering, and a desire to learn about reliability and large-scale systems.
You are a good fit if you...
Have initiative and can "unblock" yourself to get things done.
Tend to deliver work incrementally to get feedback and iterate over solutions.
Can mentor junior people and pair with other teams: education is a very important part of this role.
Like to get your hands dirty by debugging and fixing issues in production.
Understand the real problems by reading between the lines and asking good questions.
Are easy to work with: you communicate well, take feedback in a positive way and are OK not always doing the most glamorous tasks.
Analyze and optimize our core product by developing and implementing reliability and performance practices.
Scale systems sustainably through automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
Perform Root Cause Analysis of production issues to identify reliability improvements of our services.
Evangelize and advocate for reliability practices across our organization
Collaborate with other Engineering teams to support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
Be on-call for services that the SRE team owns.
Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
You have contributed to design applications and systems that scale, are resilient to failure, and are observable.
You are interested in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
You have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
You have a great ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
You have a solid background in software development and architecting resilient and reliable applications.
Timezone: we are giving preference to candidates located in GMT-8 to GMT+2.
Experience with Amazon Web Services.
Experience with Node.js or any other application development language.
Experience with MongoDB.
Experience working in a remote friendly, async environment.
(GMT-8); (GMT-7); (GMT-6); (GMT-5); (GMT-4); (GMT-3); (GMT-2); (GMT-1); (GMT); (GMT+1); (GMT+2)
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
Soofa is a seed-stage, leading IoT startup who is revolutionizing the way we communicate in cities. We develop technology like the Soofa Sign to help urban dwellers take the pulse of their city and connect with each other in real time.
We are looking for a Senior Firmware Developer to join our rapidly growing team and create the next generation of the world-class Soofa Sign.
- Design and debug hardware systems for our next generation of Soofa Sign displays and Soofa Data sensor systems
- Generate innovative solutions for product-level problems, like increasing power, heat, or connectivity performance
- Debug existing hardware/software
- Specific examples of embedded systems work
- Specific examples of problem-solving related to wholistic IoT systems
- Specific examples of scaling products
- Applied experience with radio/comms systems (especially WiFi!)
- Publicly accessible code repositories showing Strong C language skills
- Stellar professional references
- A high-energy personality who thrives in a fast-paced, changing environment (#startuplife)
- Basic professional capabilities, like time management and interpersonal/communication skills
- A highly transparent worker; excited to meticulously keep all projects on company-wide Asana account
- Ability to empathize with and synthesize non-technical points of view, like those of salespeople or customers
- Ability to quickly distill expectations and requirements of a project and turn them into action items
Bonus Points For
- Experience with particle electron
- Experience with ad tech
- Expertise in data science
- Cloud software development
- Electrical engineering experience
- Testing frameworks
- Managing other engineers
- Being a smart city nerd
Perks of Working with Soofa
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous healthcare and parental leave packages
- Dog-friendly office
- Team lunches every Friday
- Team activities like ski trips, camping, Whiskey Wednesdays, etc.
- Strong company culture focused on working hard, playing hard, and caring about each other like a family
- Experience with iOS and Android development
- Code optimization and performance improvements
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Experience with working remotely
- Familiar/involved with open source projects
- Independent, self-motivated
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Proven track record of always learning and growing
- Proactive attitude
- Possess a spirit of generosity
- Get the chance to work with big brands like Riot Games, Fox Broadcasting, Kaplan Inc...
- Live and work in one of our roaming hacker houses (X-Outposts) around the world.
- Work from anywhere as part of a community of digital nomads.
- Join our vibrant community, filled with opportunities to learn new skills together in study groups, join clubs (photography, gaming, etc.) and get free camera equipment/games/conferences/courses/massages/etc., charitable fundraisers, fitness & yoga programs (+gym membership), etc. This is the community to be in if you're a remote developer.
- Well provide up to $2,500 in funding for your learning and growth through our Unleash program, which provides opportunities to unleash your potential through initiatives that help you grow as a developer and explore your passions more each day.