Find a remote job in Software DevPost a job for $299
Bear Group is a leading web development firm based in Seattle looking for an experienced backend web developer to join our team. You will have the opportunity to work with leading companies and marketing teams to develop complex sites and integrations between systems.We are a fully distributed team that primarily builds in PHP on the Magento and Drupal platforms for ecommerce and content management sites. Since we are fully remote, you can work from anywhere! We do require at least 4 hours of working time overlap with the Pacific time zone work day where most of our clients are located. As a highly client focused organization, you will occasionally need to meet according to their schedule. This typically falls between 10 and 5 Pacific time, and we strive to give you plenty of time to focus on development.Working with a variety of clients, we fluidly form groups including a Technical Project Manager, a Quality Analyst, and one or more developers to complete sprints of work. The type of work depends on the client, but often includes:
You will need to be self-motivating and able to work independently most of the time, but we have a friendly and capable team to collaborate with when you encounter obstacles. Youll need to have a minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience, a BA/BS degree, and experience with Drupal, Magento or similar open source frameworks. Youll also need to be visually oriented with experience in Sketch or Photoshop and a good understanding of content organization and concepts within information architecture. Experience in client-service environments is a must and youll need to be professional and client service oriented; positive and proactive; able to react swiftly to meet client expectations.Since the technology world is constantly evolving, youll be expected to keep up with the current technologies and practices. To help with this, we provide an annual education stipend that can be used for attending relevant conferences or continued education courses.During your first week you will work closely with one or our senior developers to set up your new system and familiarize with our processes and tools. The system will be either Mac, Linux, or Windows to your preference, and we use Docker containers for a consistent development server stack. Other tools you will use include:
- Developing client web sites using Drupal and Magento Commerce
- Balancing workload across many projects simultaneously
- Quality assurance and testing across projects
- Collaborating cross-functionally and with a diverse group of clients
- Working with business development to assess and price new client projects
As you get your feet under you we will introduce some project work, again in collaboration with a senior developer on a sprint they are currently working on. Ultimately our developers work independently on your own tickets and sprints.In addition to competitive pay, a new computer, insurance, and 401k match, youll also receive:
- Git for source control
- Bitbucket for Git repositories
- Jira for project management
- Confluence for documentation
- Slack for communication.
To learn more about the company, visit www.beargroup.com.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 3 Weeks PTO plus approximately 10 vacation days annually
- $1500 annual education stipend
- Software stipend for the tools that you prefer to do the job
This position is for US residents only.
Accella is looking for a developer with experience building websites and modules in Drupal. The candidate will need to show an expertise in Drupal development that goes deeper than basic theming and should have experience building custom modules and integrating with third party applications and services.
We will heavily weigh the applicants problem solving skills. Must be highly motivated and a serious self starter.
Must have the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical resources. We are looking for someone that enjoys being part of a team and will offer feedback and ideas in order to design and develop the most solid and extensible products for our clients.
We want a leader, an ideas person, and someone that is eager to work on multiple challenging projects, sometimes simultaneously.
What we expect in a candidate:
- BS in Computer Science, BS in closely related discipline or equivalent industry experience
- Candidate must be located within the US, but can be located anywhere around the country
- 3+ years experience with Drupal development including experience with Drupal 8
- At least 5 years experience with software development
- Effective communication skills (written and oral)
- Problem-solving and creative mindset
- Experience thriving in a high-performance, results-oriented organization
- Experience and proficiency in interacting with external clients
- Experience with Ruby on Rails a plus
- Experience with native mobile development a plus