Find a remote job in Software DevPost a job for $299
Were looking for a Back End Engineer to join the engineering team at Zapier. Want to create a simple product that allows anyone to do complex, incredible things with the worlds APIs? Then keep reading! We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope youll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
- Help scale a fast-growing and unique system our workflow engine connects with thousands of APIs across thousands of servers
- Plan and build product features directly impact how our customers can be more productive
- Improve our developer platform directly impact the way partner devs add their apps to Zapier
- Ship code to millions of users every week
- Work with hundreds of different API integrations
- Give back to the community via open source and blog posts
- Experiment: this is a startup so everything can change
- As a part of Zapiers all-hands philosophy, help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible.
- Competitive salary (we dont use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. Well set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isnt a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and youll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating simple, yet scalable experiences for our customers.
As a Senior Software Engineer within Developer Experience you will think about how to present complex developer workflows and deployment processes as simple, elegant, and configurable solutions for our customers. Working alongside of Product and Design teams, and reporting to an Engineering Manager, you will decide how to build software that gets the most out of our products and services, and helps developers deploy, manage, and scale apps on DigitalOcean. You will also work within the broader engineering organization to improve efficiency and performance of internal systems, so that we can support our growing customer base.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Developing software written primarily in Go, and sometimes Ruby.
- Working with containerized applications in Docker, and deploying within a CI/CD environment like GoCD and Concourse.
- Creating and processing large amounts of data stored in, or streamed through, MySQL, Redis, and Kafka.
- Using tools like Kibana and Grafana to monitor, alert and troubleshoot internal production performance issues.
- Consuming and integrating with 3rd party APIs (DigitalOcean public APIs, Kubernetes, logging and analytics services, etc).
- Actively participating in the product development process, quickly understanding how our services contribute to customer value, and gradually forming opinions on how to make those services better with minimal technical supervision.
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Experience working in a role where you had to balance solving software performance and scaling challenges with creating customer value.
- Willingness to understand the architecture of multiple systems, and being able to make updates to them independently.
- Have the ability to lead projects from start to finish, working cross functionally to gather requirements, plan work, and helping to steer development until launch.
- Experience with consuming and processing messages from Kafka or similar service.
- Proficiency with writing efficient queries in MySQL.
- Experience building APIs for external consumption.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and CI/CD pipelines like GoCD or Concourse a plus.
- An understanding of microservice architecture and inter-service communication with protocols like gRPC and Protocol Buffers a plus.
- A strong appreciation for rich UI experiences, and particularly the flexibility to adapt APIs and backend services to accommodate such experiences.
- A passion for creating developer tools and meaningful developer workflows.
- This role will be expected to participate in an on-call rotation
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Close, we're building the sales communication platform of the future. With our roots as the very first sales CRM to include built-in calling, we're leading the industry toward eliminating manual processes and helping companies to close more deals (faster). Since our founding in 2013, we've grown to become a profitable, 100% globally distributed team of ~33 high-performing, happy people that are dedicated to building a product our customers love.
We ❤️open source – using dozens of open source projects with contributions to many of them, and released some of our own like ciso8601, LimitLion, SocketShark, TaskTiger, and more at https://github.com/closeio
We're looking for an experienced full-time Software Engineer to join our engineering team. Someone who has a solid understanding of web technologies and wants to help design, implement, launch, and scale major systems and user-facing features.
You should have senior level experience (~5 years) building modern back-end systems, with at least 3 years of that experience using Python.
You also have around five years experience using MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, or similar data stores. You have significant experience designing, scaling, debugging, and optimizing systems to make them fast and reliable. You have experience participating in code reviews and providing overall code quality suggestions to help maintain the structure and quality of the codebase.
You’re comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a small and talented team where you're supported in your efforts to grow professionally. You are able to manage your time well, communicate effectively and collaborate in a fully distributed team.
You are located in an American or European time zone.
Bonus point if you have...
- Contributed open source code related to our tech stack
- Led small project teams building and launching features
- Built B2B SaaS products
- Experience with sales or sales tools
Come help us with projects like...
- Conceiving, designing, building, and launching new user-facing features
- Improving the performance and scalability our API. Help expand our GraphQL implementation.
- Improving how we sync millions of sales emails each month
- Working with Twilio's API, WebSockets, and WebRTC to improve our calling features
- Building user-facing analytics features that provide actionable insights based on sales activity data
- Improving our Elasticsearch-backed powerful search features
- Improving our internal messaging infrastructure using streaming technologies like Kafka and Redis
- Building new and enhancing existing integrations with other SaaS platforms like Google’s G Suite, Zapier, and Web Conferencing providers
Why work with us?
- 100% Remote (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- 2 x Annual Team Retreats ✈️ (Lisbon Retreat Video)
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental with HSA option - 99% premiums paid (US residents)
- 5 Weeks PTO + 6 Government Holidays + Dec 24 - Jan 1 Company Holiday
- Parental Leave (10 wks primary caregiver / 4 wks secondary caregiver)
- 401k matching at 4% (US residents)
- Our story and team🚀
- Glassdoor Reviews
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practicing a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Work/Life harmony is an important part of our organization - we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 12 countries and 14 states; a collection of talented humans rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and cultures. Twice a year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another. We see these retreats as an opportunity to strengthen the social fiber of our community.
This team is growing in more ways than one - we’ve recently launched 8 babies (and counting!). Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our organization. At Close, we have a high care factor for one another, in making an awesome product and championing the success of our customers.
Interested in Close but don't think this role is the best fit for you? View our other positions.
We’re looking to hire a backend developer to join our team working on PSPDFKit for Web. We are building a modern PDF SDK with technologies like Elixir, React, PostgreSQL, Docker, and WebAssembly. Your role as a backend developer will be to implement new features, improve the reliance of our server component, and work on scalability problems in a well-tested Elixir application.
Work as part of a small, driven team that builds new features and fixes existing issues on a steady schedule.
Make architectural decisions that will impact thousands of products for years.
Write readable and well-documented code with meaningful tests so that we can ship new releases often and without fear.
Take the time to do things correctly instead of coming up with quick fixes.
Collaborate with the entire company (Android, iOS, Windows, Core, Support, Design, Marketing, and Sales) using Slack, GitHub, and Zoom.
Support our customers in integrating our products, help them debug and fix issues, and collaborate with them to understand their requirements for our products.
Be familiar with or have an interest in learning Elixir and its ecosystem of tools and packages.
Have a high-level understanding of the web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, WebSockets, cookies, proxies, and caching).
Have a strong interest in scaling PostgreSQL or a similar RDBMS, as well as understand the importance of consistency and efficiency when designing the data model for an application.
Be eager to learn more about systems design, highly concurrent applications, immutable data, and functional programming models.
Have good communication skills and enjoy working on a passionate team.
Have a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
Have a good command of English for writing documentation and occasional blog posts.
Understand the challenges of working on a distributed team.
Please note that you can be a perfect fit even if not everything we’ve outlined above applies to you. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.
The ability to work remotely and set your own schedule.
A family-friendly work environment.
Room for personal and professional development by encouraging learning and experimenting.
Two planned company events during the year (for example, in Croatia, Italy, Spain, Greece, and Vienna).
A motivated team that enables you to do your best work.
A generous vacation policy of five weeks, plus an additional allowance for conferences.
An Application Should Include:
A writeup explaining who you are as a programmer. We are especially interested in knowing how you started, what projects you have loved (or not loved) working on, what motivates you, and what surprising things you’ve learned since you began programming.
A piece of code (it doesn’t have to be your own) that does something you find interesting, and an explanation why.
Links to online profiles you use (e.g. GitHub, Twitter).
A description of your work history (such as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or prose).
Your Day at PSPDFKit
Your day at PSPDFKit starts with an asynchronous today message in our team’s Slack channel, where you outline your goals for the day so that everyone on the team knows what everyone else is working on. All our regular company meetings occur on the same day each week, so most of the time you’ll be able to focus on your assigned tasks without interruptions.
You’ll work on adding features to our Elixir-based server product and improving the stability of our existing applications together with our customers. We strongly believe in code quality over quantity, which is why new changes undergo a proposal phase where everyone on the team is invited to collaborate. We write unit, integration, and end-to-end tests and do peer reviews for every change.
Beyond working on features and bug fixes, we also take time to help you improve upon your personal goals (through regular 1on1s and mentoring). Our remote-first focus allows you to set up working hours that best fit your daily routine. You can read more about our onboarding period here.
PSPDFKit helps companies and users increase productivity across the globe. With our robust PDF solutions, we ensure developers and end users have the highest quality tools available to do their best work. Trusted by industry leaders such as IBM, SAP, Lufthansa, and United Airlines, PSPDFKit is the go-to solution for integrating PDFs into your app. Find out more about us on our team page and check us out on Instagram.
PSPDFKit is an equal opportunity employer with people from many different cultures and countries. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, skillsets, and perspectives, and to providing our employees with a work environment free of harassment.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other non-merit factor. We’d especially love to receive applications from individuals who are underrepresented in the tech industry.
Who we are:GitPrime is pioneering data-driven engineering. We report on the work patterns and the people-side of software development so engineering leaders can advocate for resources and show theyre driving business value based on objective data. We have strong product-market fit with hundreds of happy customers and we are growing rapidly.
Who we're looking for:This is a typical player-coach role. Our engineering group is divided into teams of about five engineers. As the team lead, you will be asked to run projects typically one to three months. As a team lead, you are responsible for the successful timely delivery of the project. You're usually given a detailed spec that provides nearly complete UI comps, business requirements, and some implementation guidance. Your job starts with a detailed review of the requirements, gathering questions from your team, coordinating the kickoff meeting with the business stakeholder. We give ample time for engineering feedback into the spec and recommendations for timeline and adjustments to the deliverable. At that point, your job is to run point for the team, make implementation decisions, coordinate pull requests, get early feedback, and generally own the usual responsibilities for software delivery. This position is ideal for the senior candidate seeking both a managerial and individual contributor development position. You should have no less than ten years of commercial experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications. You must be able to write clean code and ensure scalability. When we say commercial experience, we mean daily hands-in-the-code development experience. Demonstrated leadership ability, and on time delivery of applications is a must for this position. Please give specifics on team size, delivery challenges, and consistent track record of success in your application.
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance
- Create well designed, testable, efficient code
- Participate in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Assist in preparation and production of releases of software components
- Ensure designs meet specifications
- Investigate alternatives and technologies and present them for architectural review, in order to support continuous improvement
- Manage team workflow and assume personal responsibility for requirements and timeframe compliance
- 10+ years commercial experience mostly in Java and related technologies
- Significant experience in designing and developing applications using Java, the Spring framework
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Kafka and the Samza framework a plus
- Good knowledge of SQL and ORM technologies, including JPA2 and Hibernate
- BS degree in Computer Science required MS preferred
Why work for GitPrime:
- Join high-growth VC funded Y-Combinator startup at liftoff and share the upside
- Work with a tight-knit group of highly-motivated professionals at the top of their game
- Compensation package at $140-170k depending on experience, with healthcare, stock options, and benefits
- We are headquartered in Durango, CO, so you're in for a treat. Located in the heart of the San Juan Mountains, forget the hassles and headaches of city life and enjoy the incredible work-life balance at your doorstephiking, mountain biking, paddling, and skiingthat only Colorado can offer.
- This is a remote-friendly company. Very little travel is required and you're welcome to work from anywhere in the U.S.
How to Apply:Complete the short application, including a paragraph about why GitPrime is interesting to you. If you advance, we will ask you to complete several short screening exercises to assess your skills and ideas. If you are shortlisted, we will fly you to Durango Colorado for face-to-face interviews and meet the rest of the team.
Bear Group is a leading web development firm based in Seattle looking for an experienced backend web developer to join our team. You will have the opportunity to work with leading companies and marketing teams to develop complex sites and integrations between systems.We are a fully distributed team that primarily builds in PHP on the Magento and Drupal platforms for ecommerce and content management sites. Since we are fully remote, you can work from anywhere! We do require at least 4 hours of working time overlap with the Pacific time zone work day where most of our clients are located. As a highly client focused organization, you will occasionally need to meet according to their schedule. This typically falls between 10 and 5 Pacific time, and we strive to give you plenty of time to focus on development.Working with a variety of clients, we fluidly form groups including a Technical Project Manager, a Quality Analyst, and one or more developers to complete sprints of work. The type of work depends on the client, but often includes:
You will need to be self-motivating and able to work independently most of the time, but we have a friendly and capable team to collaborate with when you encounter obstacles. Youll need to have a minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience, a BA/BS degree, and experience with Drupal, Magento or similar open source frameworks. Youll also need to be visually oriented with experience in Sketch or Photoshop and a good understanding of content organization and concepts within information architecture. Experience in client-service environments is a must and youll need to be professional and client service oriented; positive and proactive; able to react swiftly to meet client expectations.Since the technology world is constantly evolving, youll be expected to keep up with the current technologies and practices. To help with this, we provide an annual education stipend that can be used for attending relevant conferences or continued education courses.During your first week you will work closely with one or our senior developers to set up your new system and familiarize with our processes and tools. The system will be either Mac, Linux, or Windows to your preference, and we use Docker containers for a consistent development server stack. Other tools you will use include:
- Developing client web sites using Drupal and Magento Commerce
- Balancing workload across many projects simultaneously
- Quality assurance and testing across projects
- Collaborating cross-functionally and with a diverse group of clients
- Working with business development to assess and price new client projects
As you get your feet under you we will introduce some project work, again in collaboration with a senior developer on a sprint they are currently working on. Ultimately our developers work independently on your own tickets and sprints.In addition to competitive pay, a new computer, insurance, and 401k match, youll also receive:
- Git for source control
- Bitbucket for Git repositories
- Jira for project management
- Confluence for documentation
- Slack for communication.
To learn more about the company, visit www.beargroup.com.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 3 Weeks PTO plus approximately 10 vacation days annually
- $1500 annual education stipend
- Software stipend for the tools that you prefer to do the job
Development specialized on the free software project Open edX, used by many universities and companies to run online courses. See edx.org, stanford.edu or fun-mooc.fr for examples of Open edX instances.
The Open edX platform is a large Python/Django codebase, with good code standards and architecture (a lot of the edX engineers come from MIT). You would work on different clients contracts using the platform. The clients list/references include Harvard, MIT, edX themselves, the French government, and various startups & universities currently running their own instances, or looking to create one. Tasks are very varied, from developing core platform features, custom exercises and tools for specific courses (XBlocks), customizing and deploying instances, working fullstack, operating our service infrastructure, improving our hosting platform, etc. You won't get bored here.
Most of your work is published as free software (Open edX is released under the AGPL license, which requires clients to release modifications under the same license), and you would also contribute to the free software project, pushing most of your developments upstream through pull requests, contributing features, documentation or help on mailing-lists.
- 3+ years working with Python
- Experience with Python web frameworks, specifically Django
- Experience with unit testing
- You feel comfortable working in a Linux environment, specifically Debian or Ubuntu
- Experience with databases: MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Experience with contributing to free software projects, and communicating within a free software community
You would have to work with tasks from the following categories, but you would be able to pick up the skills on the job if you don't master this yet:
- DevOps experience, especially on Debian/Ubuntu servers, Terraform, Vault, Packer, Prometheus, ELK, Docker. We are building a modern infrastructure and having a strong DevOps presence on top of core software engineering skills is a big plus with us.
- Cloud computing, like AWS or OpenStack
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible
- RabbitMQ, Redis & Elasticsearch
- git source control
- Mobile development (iOS and/or Android)
- Managing clients & projects from beginning to completion (senior developer)
- Public speaking at conferences (you would present a talk every year at the Open edX Con)
We are a team of twenty developers, all working remotely from Europe, North & South America, Asia & Australia. You would arrive at a critical moment, as we scale up to handle increasing demand from clients on the edX platform. The company is not affiliated with edX, but contributing and working with them on various projects. This is a full time position, were you would be able to work remotely from anywhere you want, as long as you have a good internet connexion. : )
Rho AI was founded in 2012 by a small team of entrepreneurs, data scientists, and engineers. We set out to develop custom software for professional motorsports to predict an optimal race strategy. Since then, our real-time strategy recommendations have factored heavily into multiple victories and we are proud to count Richard Childress Racing, Hendrick Motorsports, and General Motors as some of our partners. Today, Rho AIs products are used in a wide range of industries, including healthcare, finance, sports, waste, water, climate change, and energy. Why Rho AI?
- The people - dependable, driven, and collaborative team.
- The problems - mix of products and services across diverse domains.
- The tech - modern tools to build pragmatic data-driven applications.
- The structure - 100% remote-only team & self-funded since 2012.
- Develop products and services for advanced machine learning applications.
- Be respected in your software design decisions and take ownership of the systems that you build.
- Learn from and collaborate with senior engineers and co-founders.
- Have direct access to customers and users.
- Work on all layersdatabase, REST API, user interface, and continuous delivery with AWS and Dockerwith a team which values modular, clean code.
- (Must) Built non-trivial applications in Python, ideally with NumPy, SciPy, etc.
- (Must) Experience deploying systems with AWS/Docker/Ansible/etc.
- (Must) Ability - and enthusiasm! - to pick up new technologies.
- (Should) Created user interfaces with React or Angular.
- (Should) Experience designing RESTful APIs which have multiple clients.
- (Nice) Strong computer science principles, and/or algorithmic skills.
- (Nice) Experience with high volume and/or machine learning applications.
- Work from anywhere in the US! Rho AI is a tight-knit, fully distributed team.
- Work with a highly engaged team, learn together, and make decisions that impact the whole company.
- Benefits, including health insurance and 401k.
- You are seeking a full-time job.
- You reside in the United States.
- You are authorized / eligible to work for any company in the United States.
- You are within 3 time zones of Eastern Time, or willing to align your schedule.
- You do not live in a very high cost of living city (SF/NYC), or if so, are willing to adjust your compensation expectations.
- A cover letter that explains why you are 1) specifically interested in Rho AI as a company and 2) a good fit for this particular position.
- A resume that includes: 1) your relevant professional experience, and 2) links to code samples, technical blog posts, and other examples of your work.
Loop Media Group is building the world’s most advanced mobile offers platform. We deliver real-time offers directly to the mobile phones of an app’s audience, enabling local business to attract new customers, develop meaningful relationships, and obtain immediate in-depth data on their existing consumer preference. We are looking for a highly motivated, collaborative Software Developer to work with our Core Platform & API team. You’ll work with our amazing engineering team to extend and support our core micro-service platform architecture. At GetintheLoop, you’ll get plenty of opportunities to grow, you’ll collaborate daily with other amazing Engineers, and you’ll play an active role in shaping our product and the future of our company.
• Extend our core technology platform using the latest AWS/Serverless microservice cloud technologies
• Help build & test integrations with our Client SDKs and core consumer apps
• Automate testing and deployments to ensure correct functionality and performance at scale
• Ensure that the live operations of the platform has appropriate monitoring & alerting that allow issues to be identifed and addressed quickly and effectively
• Work with latest cloud-based infrastructure tools and concepts to deliver everything above
• Participate in product and feature planning to constructively solve problems quickly and communicate the results to the rest of the company
• Report on progress and release schedules to the Technical Director, API & Platform
Required Skills and Experience
• Excellent communication skills and a sense of humor
• A degree in of Computer Science or related field, with 2-4 years of practical software development experience
• A solid understanding of REST principles and how they apply to network services and applications
• Experience with the basics of OO software design, Test Driven Development (TDD), and development for Linux-based systems
• A passion for programming, a proactive attitude, and an ability to work independently
• Specific experience with any parts of our tech stack are a major plus. This includes AWS (in particular Lambda , S3, DynamoDB, RDS, Kinesis, etc.), PostgreSQL & PostGIS, Node.js, Docker, Git
• Startup experience and a public Github account are also both pluses
BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists. Were already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like LinkedIn, Salesforce, Visa, Deloitte, and Logitech.
This is a remote role, anywhere in the US!
Your responsibilities will include
Product Engineer - Collaborate with designers and stakeholders to craft consumer grade experiences with SPA frontend (Ember) and RESTful backend (Ruby on Rails).
Lean and Agile Owner - Collaborate with cross functional teams to distill and synthesize requirements into discreet and meaningful iterations that can be implemented quickly to facilitate tight feedback loops and learning via data and metrics. Leverage Lean Startup and Agile methodologies along with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment infrastructure to rapidly prototype and validate ideas.
Data Spelunker - Answer business questions and influence product roadmap decisions using statistical analysis, ad-hoc reporting, or machine learning algorithms for offline modeling. Enable team members to answer questions with data systems and processes that leverage quantitative and qualitative inputs.
Operational Maintainer - Build scalable and tolerant systems using container technologies (Docker) and cloud infrastructure (AWS) as well as internal tooling to accelerate product development cycles.
You will be successful if you
Act as an owner - It’s not done until it’s in production. Adept at moving projects forward and able to unblock projects regardless of role on the project.
Do less, deliver more - Familiar with the terms YAGNI and yak shaving? Focus your efforts on high impact initiatives that really move the needle.
Impress yourself - We hold ourselves to a quality above and beyond something that “just gets it done”. Each line of code is an opportunity to blend craftsmanship with playfulness.
Collaborate without ego - Willing to take on roles small or large in order to further the mission at hand.
Stay on your edge - Continuously learning and applying emerging technologies. Pushing yourself and your team to new heights.
And if you have
5+ years relevant experience, at least part of which in a startup environment
Alignment with BetterUp mission and enabling behavior change
Succeeded in a remote work environment
Frontline maintainer of "production" consumer application (volume, support, debugging)
Strong experience with automated testing patterns
Ruby on Rails, Ember.js, Gitflow, Docker
Experienced in Agile product development processes (SCRUM, Kanban, Lean Startup, etc)
Expert in current web technologies (HTTP, REST, Web Sockets, etc)
Strong verbal and written communication
We provide amazing benefits, but if you ask the team, they’ll tell you that the greatest benefit we offer employees is an incredibly meaningful mission and transformative work.
Full coverage medical, dental and vision insurance
Unlimited use, at your own discretion, vacation policy
14 paid annual holidays
5 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
5 “Volunteer Days” to give back
Professional development through BetterUp coaching for you and a significant other
401(k) self contribution
A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
At Numbrs, our engineers don’t just develop things – we have an impact. We change the way how people are managing their finances by building the best products and services for our users.
Numbrs engineers are innovators, problem-solvers, and hard-workers who are building solutions in big data, mobile technology and much more. We look for professional, highly skilled engineers who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced, value-driven environment.
Join our dedicated technology team that builds massively scalable systems, designs low latency architecture solutions and leverages machine learning technology to turn financial data into action. Want to push the limit of personal finance management? Join Numbrs.
You will be a part of a team that is responsible for developing, releasing, monitoring and troubleshooting large scale micro-service based distributed systems with high transaction volume. You enjoy learning new things and are passionate about developing new features, maintaining existing code, fixing bugs, and contributing to overall system design. You are a great teammate who thrives in a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities.
All candidates will have
- a Bachelor's or higher degree in technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- hands-on experience with highly concurrent production grade systems
- experience with micro-service based architecture
- strong hands-on experience with Golang (minimum 4 years)
- knowledge of AWS, Kubernetes, and Docker
- excellent troubleshooting and creative problem-solving abilities
- excellent written and oral communication in English and interpersonal skills
Ideally, candidates will also have
- experience with professional software engineering best practices, coding standards, code reviews, testing and operations
- experience with CI/CD toolchain products like Jira, Stash, Git, and CircleCI
Hundreds of thousands of businesses have bet their success on the reliability and performance of the Shopify platform. Uptime, resiliency and efficiency are critical to these businesses and as a result of Shopify’s rapid growth and massive scale, we have many interesting and challenging infrastructure problems to solve.
At the heart of this platform are Shopify’s core database systems. These systems, where we store all merchant and customer data, are built around the MySQL ecosystem of open source tools. Over the past several years, we have been hard at work scaling and improving our database infrastructure, handling almost two million queries per second at peak. Now, we want to take it to the next level and we need your help to get us there!
Responsibilities as a Database Engineer:
As a member of Shopify’s Production Engineering organization and the Datastores team, you’ll be directly responsible for the scalability, availability, and integrity of the Shopify database infrastructure.
As a Database Engineer, your day to day activities will include working closely with the support and development teams, some traditional database administration (DBA) work and some modern systems administration work (managing cloud infrastructure). As we continue to grow and scale, we need to achieve as much as possible through automation and hands-off management. We need your help, your experience, and your crazy ideas to design, build, and deploy the next generation of database management infrastructure to expand on what we have built to keep it truly world-class.
We are currently running a cloud based state-of-the-art stack on Google’s Compute Engine and Container Engine. Our next challenges involve moving all our systems, including MySQL itself, as containerized services running under Kubernetes.
All members of Production Engineering, including leads, also participate in an on-call rotation.
You’ll need to:
Have experience with the administration, operation, and performance tuning of MySQL, ideally in a Linux environment.
Maintain an understanding of modern solutions to deploy services at scale.
Be proficient in at least one programming language, and have the ability to read, write and understand scripts in languages such as Ruby, Python, or Go.
Have an insatiable appetite to grow and learn how to manage systems at scale. It would be great if you:
Understand modern high availability (HA) designs for MySQL, and have used MySQL HA-management solutions, such as Orchestrator.
Have experience with MySQL proxies, such as ProxySQL.
Understand containerization and deployment on Linux using technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
Are up-to-speed and comfortable with cloud infrastructure, designs, and tools for Google Cloud and/or Amazon Web Services.
Have some familiarity with existing cloud-managed “Database as a Service” solutions, such as Google’s Cloud SQL or Amazon’s RDS/Aurora.
Are competent using git for version control and especially using GitHub for pull requests, reviews, and issue management.
Are familiar with the ecosystem of Open Source software used in production web environments, such as Rails, Redis and memcached.
Some things you’ll be working on in your first few months:
Learn about Shopify’s MySQL-based database infrastructure and get comfortable working safely and efficiently in it.
Work on the projects that will allow us to offer to our internal customers a standardized “Database as a Service” platform which would cover absolutely all their needs, including HA, data integrity, schema migrations and changes, security, monitoring and alerts.
Test (and try to break) our high availability systems in interesting new ways, and work out the kinks found in the process.
Respond to internal support requests from other teams to help ensure their success in developing their own applications or supporting their customers.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application. Please take some time to tell us why you’d be an awesome addition to our team and how this role would be a fit for you!
Reaction Commerce is the fastest-growing open source commerce management platform used by modern retailers and our vision is to connect the world through open commerce.
As our platform grows, so must our team. We’re currently looking for a Software Engineer with experience shipping production software to join us.We're a distributed, diverse, and growing team currently spread across four continents. While we have a small office in Santa Monica, CA, all of our positions are remote roles. Everyone is welcome to visit and work from our office, but it's not required. Although we are remote first, we appreciate quality time with our co-workers, so we meet in person once a year for our annual All Hands.About this Role:You'll remotely work with a team of engineers within our distributed engineering team to:* Build intuitive UIs for retailers and merchandisers* Define patterns for extending or augmenting storefront and operator UIs* Engineer methods for securing core and custom GraphQL APIs* Increase accessibility of all our applications* Improve tooling for building and shipping new UI components, storefronts, and operator tools* Improve performance, reduce page weight/cost, and decrease load times for our storefront and operator UIsAbout You:* You have developed and supported software systems in a production environment.* You see the value in reviewing and documenting code, pair programming and get excited about improving tools and processes.* You love being a mentor and compassionately teach patterns and best practices to engineers on your team.* You actively seek and appreciate the input of peers, designers, infrastructure engineers, and product owners.* You're comfortable working remotely and believe in the value of distributed teams.* You believe in building an inclusive community with and for your co-workers.About Our Stack:* React and Apollo GraphQL on the client* Node with some services in Clojure on the server* GraphQL API* MongoDB for most application data.* Apache Kafka for modeling both streams and tables.* Elasticsearch* Docker and Kubernetes on Amazon Web ServicesDo you want to know more about what our team is working on and how you might be able to help? You should apply!More about Reaction:We offer 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance, and up to 50% coverage for dependents. In addition, we offer a 401K, and U.S. employees benefit from 12 weeks of parental leave. We aim to offer the same benefits to everyone across the globe, but some of these may vary based on location and local laws. All remote employees are offered a budget for an ergonomic chair and standing desk at home.We discourage our team members from working unreasonable hours, beyond the typical 40 hours per week. And it's important that we take time off and recharge when necessary, that's why we have a minimum vacation policy that encourages us to take a minimum of 15 vacation days per year. We also value continuous improvement with a monthly learning stipend, so there are plenty of opportunities to learn new subjects or hone existing skills.We believe in good documentation and proactive communication. Inclusivity is a priority of everyone on our team. Read more about our team values and our operating principles in this blog post.
We are a full-spectrum e-commerce platform, used and loved by thousands of entrepreneurs all over the world. We have offices in Portland, Sydney and Manila.
We are growing fast and we’re looking for an experienced DevOps engineer to work closely with our CTO in Sydney. If you’re not already in Australia, we’re open to sponsoring the right candidate so you can move to Sydney (about the most awesome and livable city in the world in our opinion).
Our engineering team is a friendly and cosmopolitan bunch - British, French, American, Brazilian, Chinese, Slovakian, in fact from pretty much everywhere. They pride themselves on competence, no corporate-BS, transparency and flexible working. Everyone at Selz works from home or from the office whenever they want - wherever helps them most to do great work.
One of our strategic goals is to provide our merchants with an exceptional, high-availability experience. We rely on the health, scalability and security of our ever-expanding cloud infrastructure to do that.
So we are looking for talented and experienced engineers who know how to manage and contribute to our cloud infrastructure. You will be an “engineer to the engineers”, helping them to understand and leverage our infrastructure and platform to deliver even better features. Your contributions will have a lasting impact on Selz as we expand and evolve.
What we're looking for
Your main responsibilities will be to:
Build and scale our cloud-based infrastructure
Propose and implement design improvements
Ensure high availability of production and pre-production systems
Define automated pipelines that enable engineers to build, test and deploy their code
Help engineers to operate and monitor services in production
It would be great if you have:
Solid foundation in Computer Science
Familiarity with micro services architecture, runtime analysis, and deployment
Expert level proficiency in Linux and Windows
Experience in system automation – Majority of work includes writing and enhancing automation tools and infrastructure
Knowledge of monitoring and alerting tools to track issues and continually improve the availability of systems. We want an alerting system where everything is actionable and automated
Experience tuning and analyzing performance at all levels: OS, Docker containers and the application
Knowledge of security hardening and analysis – IDS/IPS, log analysis, alerting
Network analysis and troubleshooting experience – VPN, NAT, DNS, subnets, firewalls, TLS, tcpdump, wireshark, apparmor
Prior experience implementing Disaster Recovery and Backups
You'll fit in if…
You want to be part of a team that cares about transparency, no BS, doing great work and having fun whilst you are doing it
You want to be part of a modern, global, rapidly expanding company that is doing something exciting
You’re organized and a good manager of time
You think and act creatively to solve problems
You are a good communicator and collaborator (essential as this a remote role)
You take things very personally and are willing to go the extra mile
Ubuntu, Windows, AWS, Redis, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, NGINX and IIS.
A competitive salary
Access to stock options
Live in Sydney - like the most totally awesome and livable city in the world
Surfing, snorkeling, BBQs and beaches (see above)
We’re open to sponsoring the right candidate if you’re not already in Sydney
Location: Paris, France or remote
Software Heritage is hiring: seeking a Paris-based full-time devops engineer
Software Heritage is an ambitious nonprofit, entirely Free/Open Source Software (FOSS) project that aims at collecting, organizing, preserving for the very long term, and sharing all publicly available software in source code form, together with the corresponding complete development history (e.g., from a Version Control System) where available. The Software Heritage archive already contains about 6 billion unique source code files and 1 billion commits, retrieved from more than 80 million software projects.
We are looking for a senior devops engineer with either strong (Python) programming skills and a pronounced interest in (GNU/Linux) system administration or strong system administration skills and backend programming experience, to grow our operations team. The team is in charge of guaranteeing reliability of our day-by-day archiving activities, integrity of the Software Heritage archive in collaboration with mirror operators, and maintaining an efficient development environment for our developers.
The right candidate will:be a strong critical thinker and efficient problem solver, be able to communicate and work collaboratively with team members, be able to dig deeply into technical details, configurations, and scripting, lead incident response, diagnosis and follow-up on system outages or alerts across the entire infrastructure, have a knack for keeping the complexity of large, heterogeneous distributed system under control.
As senior devops engineer you will primarily work with the following technologies:Debian GNU/Linux, Puppet, PostgreSQL, Distributed architecture (RabbitMQ, Kafka), Icinga/Prometheus/ELK monitoring, Proxmox, KVM virtualization, LXC and Docker containers, large scale object storage (Ceph, cloud-based object storages), AWS and Azure, POSIX shell scripting, Python programming.
Working knowledge or interest of the following techniques and technologies would be a plus:highly scalable architectures, microservice based architectures, event driven infrastructures, IaaS/PaaS cloud offerings, Debian packaging, REST API principles, C system programming.
A successful candidate will have strong system administrator skills and programming fluency in at least a couple of system- and/or application-level programming languages, as well as a solid track record of participation in existing FOSS projects and communities.
All the code developed as part of this position will be developed openly and released under a FOSS license.
Workplace and salary
The job should be worked on-site at Inria’s Paris headquarters. Remote work might be an option, depending on the candidate and on their willingness to visit headquarters on a regular basis.
The salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
NAVIS is looking for a creative, motivated, full stack Senior Software Developer to join us as a critical member of our Engineering Team. (This position will be virtual / remote from the Portland, OR area).
The primary focus of this position is coding creative, operational software that enhances our products. The Engineering Team has multiple projects that often start at the concept stage and develops new products and/or product features from scratch. Our products are constantly evolving with our client needs – we are not simply maintaining existing products.
This is a full SDLC development position. The Software Developer must be willing to take on all aspects of the development process, and be ready to support applications in production environments. He/she will be asked to test code sets, document software, and implement products and related solutions. Expert knowledge of design patterns and software development best practices must be shown at all times.
The Software Developer will be tasked with analyzing, identifying, and solving highly-complex issues related to software development and related technologies. As needed, this person may be involved in the mentoring of more junior-level developers on the technical aspects of our products, technology, and related software tools. This developer needs to have a willingness to do whatever it takes to make the products and the company successful.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- At least four (4) years of software development experience in Java 8+ in a cloud based environment such as AWS
- Experience working with three or more from the following list: SpringBoot 2.0, microservices, Postgres, Docker, Hibernate, AWS, CI/CD pipelines
- Comfortable working part-time in legacy systems based on Clojure, .NET, MicrosoftSQL, and on-premise data center
- Good verbal and written communications proficiency in English
- Master’s or PhD degree, further education or experience in Engineering, Computer Science or other technology-related field
- Experience with more than one general purpose programming languages, including but not limited to: Java, C/C++, C#, Objective C, Python, ReactRedux, or Go
- Experience developing RESTful JSON API driven microservices architecture
- Experience with AWS Lambdas
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages, as needed
- Bend, Oregon (relocation assistance package available)
- Portland, Oregon (remote / virtual)
Our tech stack is as follows: Java, React/Redux, Postgres, Microservices, Containers, Python, Spark, CI/CD, IaC, AWS
Join us if you want to work on the next generation web publishing platform. Work on our CMS, use powerful technology like GraphQL, node.js, and OpenResty on our robust AWS infrastructure. Monitor, build, and scale a node.js, MongoDB, and redis stack on a resilient AWS deployment all coordinated by Rancher, Terraform, and running on Docker. Architect and implement a performant web publishing platform for people of all backgrounds. We are working on some incredible products and we need your expertise to do it.
FineTune is seeking a senior QA for our AP and Pre-AP software product. We are a fully distributed and international team though 1/3 of us are in Boston Metro area. S/he will have the opportunity to work on mission critical software that will impact 3-5 million students in 2019. If you are well versed in various
- selenium based testing
- load testing (Python Locust)
- smoke testing
- test driven development
- and have worked in QA'ing at least 3 production released software
you are welcome to apply. S/he will be working with our development team, product owners, designers and increase the quality of the software so that we may serve 3 million+ users in 2019.
- Proven experience in understanding complex user needs with multiple stakeholders
- 5+ years of QA experience
- 3+ years experience with API testing, UI testing, end to end testing.
- 3+ years experience QA’ing high-availability enterprise software a plus
- 5+ years experience with Databases (SQL or noSQL)
- Experience with Selenium
- Experience with Locust for load testing
- Experience with apache bench
- Java based automation
- Python based automation
- Strong Agile Experience
- Experience with continuous integration and test driven development
- Ability to dive deep into technical issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in debugging performance issues in docker, kubernetes and AWS ECS containers
- Experience with collaborating in github a plus
- Desire to continuously, learn, improve and apply new technologies that will increase operational efficiency and effectiveness
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent a plus
As we prepare for rapid business growth from here, FineTune Learning is seeking to hire a Senior QA Automation Engineer who have worked in at least 3 production released software/web/mobile products. We are looking for people who have strong motivation to grow startup companies, who is agile and continuously improving themselves while having an opinion for great software components and services with great attention to detail in delivering reliable software that is well tested according to user expectations.
We’re a rapidly growing startup transforming the way enterprises engage their customers when communicating over the phone. Some things that make us different include:
A team of founders. Most of us have either been founders or ‘first hire’ at startups that have been acquired or gone public. We know and love building products that create big companies.
We’re not your typical CRUD app. Our software runs across many different platforms (web/chrome/iOS/Android) and connects to a core communications infrastructure that we’ve built from scratch.
We love our customers. Whether it’s building resources, going on-site or staying up late with them on launch day, we go above and beyond to make them successful.
An experienced software engineer (7+ years) who has built non-trivial production systems and enjoys finding scalable solutions to interesting problems. You’ve worked across a variety of tech stacks and know how to pick the right tool for the job. You are not only comfortable tracking down and fixing production issues, but can anticipate where issues will arise before they do. You are the person your peers come to for help. The prospect of learning new technologies should excite you.
Designing and implementing new features and systems.
Assessing and fixing production incidents and bugs and putting in place systems to prevent them.
Be a technical resource for other members of the engineering team.
Mentoring junior engineers
7+ years work experience as a software engineer
Experience building highly-available backend services
Knowledge of relational databases
Desire to work on a small team that collaborates on technical and product ideas
Strong work ethic and team player
Experience working on the JVM
Experience with containers (Docker)
Nice To Have:
Experience working in Clojure.
Experience with telephony (Asterisk, Kamailio, SIP, RTP)
Experience with AWS (RDS, SQS, S3, Elasticache, ECS, Cloudformation, etc)
*We have an office in San Francisco, but half of us work remotely from all over the US. Check out a (totally unprompted!) blog post by one of our engineers about his experience working remotely at Truly.
As a DevOps Engineer, you are embedded within an engineering team and have one foot in operations, the other in development. You care deeply about uptime, reliability and automation. You help your colleagues make product changes quickly and all of us deliver value to our clients faster. You do things like help get new services into production, ensure effective monitoring and alerting and help us grow our infrastructure platform to accommodate the demands of a growing client base, and so forth.
You will fit in well with us, if you:
- Reside in North or South America. Yes, we are a distributed company, but since we are still small, we like to minimize the time zone spread within the team.
- Are an excellent communicator. In our small team, English is the official language. You need to be able to articulate complex ideas efficiently and effectively. When people do not share an office, it is essential to pay extra attention to communication.
- Have a solid technical background. You should have at least 5 years of professional experience and be able to point to a track record of caring about production systems with significant usage.
- Feel at home with Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Linux and shell scripting. You have been working in current cloud-based environments (such as AWS or GCP), but you don’t feel tied to one platform and generally appreciate picking the “right tool for the job.”
- Like to learn and strive to do so often. As a company we improve to the extent that our team does. It starts with each individual. Humility and an open mind help a lot.
- Ideally know what it is like to work in distributed development teams, or better yet, thrive in them. It probably means you already know you don’t need a structured office environment with a manager who checks in on you once a day. Likewise, you know that you will do best from your home office.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and the communities we serve.
Principals only please.
- Reside in North or South America. Yes, we are a distributed company, but since we are still small, we like to minimize the time zone spread within the team.
While this is a remote position, there are often meetings at 9 a.m. ET. Something to take into consideration. Mountain Time, Central Time, or Eastern Time preferred.
- Experience working and collaborating with teams
- Experience in Linux and command line a must
- Work with React
- Experience with Functional programming is highly desirable
- You know how to architect all components of a frontend project
- You have experience reading API documentation and working with different endpoints to compose the desired effect
- You know how to run projects through solid processes (things like code reviews, reviewing stories, planning)
- Picks up new technologies quickly and efficiently
- Uses Git effectively
- Know how to create tests and why it's important
- Knowledge of OOP and software design principles
- Driven, ambitious, and interested in tech
- Acumen. You must be able to think of and judge multiple solutions for a problem and be able to reason between them.
- You’re aware of how to build secure apps
- You know how to optimize frontend load times, debug rendering issues, and overall provide a smooth experience to the user.
- Knowledge of responsive frontends
- You know C#, Ruby, Python or Go. IMPORTANT. You don't have to be an expert in backend tech, but you'll need to understand how to integrate with the backend guys.
- You’ve practiced continuous integration
- You've tinkered with Docker
- Require JS/Webpack/Browserify is a bonus, too.
- You’re interested in startups
- Great mentorship and company culture
- Remote work
- Challenging work and interesting projects
- Healthcare benefits package
- Fun office space in Wynwood (Miami - if you so choose
Overview of the role:
We're looking for a Site Reliability Engineer with a passion for scaling and technical problem-solving to help us grow our SaaS platform in the cloud. You’ll have an understanding of Node applications (MEAN stack) You’ll help our applications get the proper love and care they deserve. You'll investigate, develop, automate, and communicate to get the job done.
What awesome stuff you'll do:
Collaborate with other engineers to help solve problems ranging from systems security to build automation
Build tools to help developers to manage the applications in the SDLC
Work closely with other engineers to solve technical challenges and ensure continued application scalability
Research, develop and deploy tools to manage each part of the stack
Build systems and tools to automate deployment pipelines
Define and own best practices for our engineering teams and assist them in engaging these processes
Influence our infrastructure direction with your ideas
Stay current with industry trends, systems, and practices and teach others to help them level up
What you'll need to be successful:
A strong desire to innovate, experiment, collaborate and learn
High standards for quality and attention to detail
Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Experience deploying and maintaining a Node application
You’re a developer at heart and love to make tools to help other devs
Experience with cloud concepts and experience applying them to an app
Experience with application containerization (Docker)
Experience with monitoring and alerting platforms and tools
Bonus points for:
Experience with CircleCI, ECS, Kubernetes, GKE, Terraform, Spinnaker
Experience with ElasticSearch, Redis, Memcached
Experience with MongoDB, Postgres
NoRedInk is using technology to help millions of students become better writers. We’re seeking mission-driven engineers who like to ship code, tackle hard engineering problems, and fundamentally impact how kids learn.
We’re hiring a site reliability engineer to handle availability and scalability, as well as product development. When students hit our site, you will help make sure there's a site to hit.
You have at least 4 years of professional experience as a software developer or equivalent knowledge
You have professional experience administering Linux servers with configuration management tools
You have experience scaling with large deployments on AWS or bare metal
You have experience supporting production stack for a web application. We use Rails, Redis and MySQL.
You can be your own DBA including setup, optimization and troubleshooting
You are comfortable either working remotely, or commuting to our office in San Francisco
Experience with Docker, microservices and/or security a plus
What are we up to?
To see what our engineering team has been doing lately, check out our blog!
NoRedInk helps millions of students in grades 5-12 become better writers. Our adaptive curriculum guides learners through a continuous process of skill-building, feedback, and revision and delivers actionable performance data to teachers and administrators. Used in over 50% of school districts, we're on a mission to unlock every writer's potential. Here’s a 2-minute pitch we gave on NBC and articles about us in The Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, and Forbes.
- Interested in building a new kind of cybersecurity solution? We are growing the team at Private Business Network! All of our positions are remote-friendly (worldwide) as long as you have some time zone overlap with the rest of the team. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a small team that has direct influence on the product.
- We are pre-launch, but we have many interesting challenges: cross-platform client apps built with Go, custom VPN client/server framework, admin dashboard in Elixir (Phoenix), SSO, end-to-end key management, configuration management, and more!
- Solid grasp of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, routing, firewalls, VPN, etc.)Cross-platform Go development experience (macOS, Windows, Linux)Familiar with network protocol design, C10K problem, and Go garbage collector highly desiredSecure systems design experience is a nice to have (cryptography, AWS KMS, Secrets Manager, etc.)Experience containerizing applications using DockerFamiliarity with Curve25519, ECDH, secret sharing, WireGuard, osquery, MDM, etc. are a huge plus!
- Compensation/salary dependends on experience. Health/Dental/Vision is paid 100% for U.S. employees. Flexible vacation time. Employed-paid STD, LTD, and Life/AD&D. Additional perks are available if on-site in Denver, CO office, such as lunch/snack and transportation benefits.
- To apply, please email [email protected] with Private Business Network Application in the subject line and include your resume, links to shipping apps or code you are must proud of, and for which position you are applying.
Precision and correctness are two of your core values. Thanks in part to your formal CS education, you have an excellent understanding of algorithm performance and can make good decisions regarding tradeoffs. You know the fundamentals of how computers and networks operate and have programmed in a low level language such a C or Go. Your Node.js experience builds on top of these fundamentals and you have a complete understanding of the Node event loop.
You have experience building complex systems and keeping them humming. You find great satisfaction in solving challenges that only appear at scale. It helps that you're an expert at troubleshooting problems using a vast amount of logs generated across multiple services. Once you've identified a performance bottleneck, you know how to correct it.
Whilst you spend most of your time writing software, setting up infrastructure from time to time is no big deal and you're comfortable working with Linux, Docker and GCP/AWS.
Does this sound like you? If it does, join us and change the way modern web apps are built! You’ll be directly responsible for shaping the architecture behind our unique infrastructure. This is not just a standard webapp but a complex, highly elastic, multi-cloud browser rendering service consisting of mostly stateless and some stateful services.