Find a remote job in Software DevPost a job for $299
We are looking for a software engineer, passionate (it’s the most important) with several years of experience crafting software (it is better) but if you feel that you have the potential, don't hesitate, and with:
- broad experience in back-end development, HTTP and APIs
- professional experience with Go, knowledge of distributed systems and simplicity, familiar with the UNIX philosophy, database such as MySQL, swagger ...
- A big + would be that you understand or you have worked as a DevOps as we build a DevOps platform.
What is also important is that we are looking for more than just a developer. We are looking for a person who can build with us new features, can bring some new ideas to what could be a great DevOps platform to build a bridge between Dev & Ops & tools.
We work on empowering people so we don't have a full-time product manager due to our culture.
You are of course a team player and know how to work in remote even if you can work at Cycloid office in Paris if you live in IDF. You can decide to work on remote or co-working place if you are located in Europe, we only hire people located in Europe to avoid timezone issue and we don't accept relocation. All the organisation are in an asynchronous manner. We don’t use emails, only Github, Slack, Trello and Hangout.
You have excellent written and oral communication skills in English, another language would be a plus.
The salary will depend on your skills and your localisation. We are fully transparent internally on this topic.
Cycloid is committed to having equality between women and men. In that way, we strongly encourage women's application.
Interested in knowing more and the advantages we offer, please feel free contact us at [email protected] To apply, send us your resume and Open Source / Github code if you have.
About SwissBorg:SwissBorg is a fintech startup building the new era of wealth management on the blockchain. Developed by a team of financial experts, we are decentralized to the world with teams in Toronto, Lausanne, Tokyo and London and operate as a meritocracy. By utilizing the community-centric approach, SwissBorg aims to revolutionize investment in crypto assets.We are looking for talented individual to help us grow our team and reach. If you like fast-paced environments, lots of learning, agile thinking and a flexible work policy, this is your chance to apply!
- Contribute to the development and evolution of our Android apps
- Work closely with the Product, UX/UI, Android and Backend teams
- Write clear and maintainable code with Unit/UI tests
- Evaluate the right technologies and keep yourself up to date to the Android technology landscape
- Constantly improve the quality of our products by fixing bugs and refactoring the code base where necessary
- Implement best practices to ensure app reliability, scalability and security
Skills and requirements:
- Solid experience (3+ years) in developing Android native apps with Kotlin
- Knowledge of Rx (RxKotlin) is a plus
- Knowledge of OkHttp, Retrofit & Moshi is a plus
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development lifecycle
- Strong UX/UI design skills and the care to develop world-class user interfaces
- Enthusiastic, fast learner and a problem solver
- Previous experience working remotely is a big plus
- The ability to propose, listen and accept people's feedbacks
- Flexible, proactive, organized, detail-oriented and entrepreneurial
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Experience in the finance industry a plus
- Experience with encryption, cryptography standards and securing Android app is a plus
- Freedom to create, to research and recommend tools and technologies to support our mobile development
- Working with an experienced team that includes Backend software engineers, DevOps and QAs
- Grow in an environment with experts in crypto, investments, engineering, AI, psychology, and business
- Very competitive Salary and Bonus
- Flexible work hours
We are looking for a software engineer who is passionate about DevOps and strives to build infrastructure that requires minimal human interaction. As a DevOps engineer, you will work closely with software developers to understand their needs, while balancing efficiency, and maintaining critical system uptime. This is a great opportunity for an engineer who is motivated to build resilient and self healing infrastrastructure. You will be integral to our development of a highly available system that leverages automation for fully reproducible builds and deployments.At Big Health, our purpose is to help millions back to good mental health. We do this by creating digital therapeutics: fully automated yet highly personalized programs that are scalable and clinically proven to work. Our programs harness the intimacy of the human voice and the power of animation to engage and entertain, while delivering complex concepts to help our users overcome their unique mental health challenges.
As a Lead DevOps Engineer at Big Health, you will:
- Improve the performance and scalability of existing systems
- Automate provisioning, maintenance, and remediation tasks
- Design and build systems for continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Develop comprehensive monitoring and alerting coverage
- Build and maintain tools to support internal teams
- Support our strong commitment to privacy, security, and compliance
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- 4+ years experience focused on infrastructure as code
- To consider automation a necessity, not a luxury
- To be comfortable utilizing AWS managed solutions by default
- To automate routine tasks to increase efficiency across the team
- A systematic problem-solving approach
- Strong communication skills
Life at Big Health:
- Join a diverse team of all backgrounds, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer
- Autonomy over your work and freedom to input
- Enjoy a clearly structured personal review and development program
- Quarterly happiness survey that we use to ensure we’re creating a healthy and happy workplace for ourselves
- Fund for spending on personal happiness
- Regular team and company events
- Generous vacation and maternity/paternity policy
- Competitive salary and equity package
GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We’re looking for a DevOps Engineering Manager for our Professional Services team to hire, develop and manage a high-performing team of engineers. The ideal candidate will have both the aptitude and passion to become a master of GitHub’s product capabilities, underlying technologies, and how to create valued experiences for our customers as they build on the GitHub platform. We need a leader skilled at developing and managing a team of high performing engineering consultants. This person will lead a global team, work closely with our customers, and report to the Manager of Delivery in Professional Services.
- Developing a team: Develop and coach a high-performing team by hiring diverse talent and prioritizing development and coaching. You will help the team establish standards of excellence in their patterns of collaboration and building of solutions for our customers. You will be responsible for building an efficient team as you guide the team in understanding the tradeoffs between the possible decisions they face.
- Provide technical clarity to your team: You will need to provide clarity to your team members about technologies and technical decisions. You will know GitHub’s tools and platform well enough to weigh technical options and help your team members make informed decisions. You will establish criteria for quality and reusability on the team. You will work closely with colleagues in the Professional Services business to determine the feasibility of engagements and technical initiatives. You will need to provide clarity on these topics to the team, as well as to customers that you work with.
- Consistently seek solutions: In this role you will be responsible for helping the Professional Services team create new offerings and providing thought leadership in technology solutions. We need you to feel comfortable taking calculated risks that adapt our solutions to customer’s unique workflows and help grow our team’s abilities.
- Understand the Professional Services business: To thrive in this role you will need to understand how the Professional Services offerings can provide valuable solutions for each customer. We need a team member who feels comfortable delving into the details of a Statement of Work or meeting with technical leaders at some of the world’s largest companies.
- Knowing the pulse of your team: To thrive in this role you will need to know the pulse of the team, what they are working on, how much time it is taking, and the value that is being provided to the customer. You will be responsible for keeping the role sustainable for your engineers while producing the best possible results for customers. You will help team members get greater insight into their abilities and performance by measuring their results.
- You are adept at making trade-offs, cutting scope, and bringing an amazing, focused experience to your customers
- You love helping others improve and you enjoy coaching and mentoring engineers
- You have experience in a Professional Services or consulting role
- You are proud of something you have built on a team you led
- You possess strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to recruit technical teams
Are you passionate about transforming government? Would you like to build free and open source tools that enable teams to more easily build and operate secure and compliant services for agency deployment?
CivicActions is seeking a creative and enthusiastic Security/Compliance Engineer to join our growing (security minded) SRE and DevSecOps team. We are a service and user-oriented group, focused on engineering robust software delivery infrastructure, automation, processes, and teams. The things we build will play an integral role in developing and supporting digital services for federal and state government agencies to help them serve the public better.
CivicActions is a dedicated, fun-loving team, looking for some talented folks to help us bring revolutionary digital services to government agencies and the people they serve.
- Gather evidence, artifacts and applicable controls to produce a System Security Plan (SSP) and/or other compliance docs as needed by our client agencies
- Direct the automation of system compliance and authorization for client services (to make your job easier!)
- Train developers, operations and clients in the use and benefits of automated compliance
- Help define and validate a more complete CI/CD pipeline with security baked in
- Write great code and documentation
- Shape systems and outcomes related to our development process and product experience
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills
- Experience managing compliance for GNU/Linux and cloud environments
- Understanding of security principles such as server hardening and least privilege
- Continuous monitoring concepts and alerts management
- Security certification is a plus (e.g., Security+, CCSP, CISSP, ...)
- Willingness and ability to work remotely (e.g., fast and stable net connection, ...)
- Experience with pentesting/scanning tools (e.g., CodeClimate, OpenSCAP, ZAP…)
Sound good so far? Great, keep reading!
CivicActions is a mission-minded company focused on transforming government through modern software practices. We are looking for others like us with a true passion for using technology to make a positive change in our world. We work in cross-functional, agile teams where communication is open and honest. We encourage and support a balanced lifestyle for each of our team members.
Our team is almost entirely distributed (remote) across the US and Canada. For this position, you can normally work from home or find a great co-working space, although occasional on-site visits and working sessions with clients in Sacramento will be necessary. You will need a computer, webcam, strong internet connection and the ability to keep a Monday to Friday schedule because we are a truly collaborative team. Ideally, your timezone will be within the continental United States.
U.S. citizenship is required for this position as will be a security clearance once you join. Occasional travel to client work sites will also be required.
Development specialized on the free software project Open edX, used by many universities and companies to run online courses. See edx.org, stanford.edu or fun-mooc.fr for examples of Open edX instances.
The Open edX platform is a large Python/Django codebase, with good code standards and architecture (a lot of the edX engineers come from MIT). You would work on different clients contracts using the platform. The clients list/references include Harvard, MIT, edX themselves, the French government, and various startups & universities currently running their own instances, or looking to create one. Tasks are very varied, from developing core platform features, custom exercises and tools for specific courses (XBlocks), customizing and deploying instances, working fullstack, operating our service infrastructure, improving our hosting platform, etc. You won't get bored here.
Most of your work is published as free software (Open edX is released under the AGPL license, which requires clients to release modifications under the same license), and you would also contribute to the free software project, pushing most of your developments upstream through pull requests, contributing features, documentation or help on mailing-lists.
- 3+ years working with Python
- Experience with Python web frameworks, specifically Django
- Experience with unit testing
- You feel comfortable working in a Linux environment, specifically Debian or Ubuntu
- Experience with databases: MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Experience with contributing to free software projects, and communicating within a free software community
You would have to work with tasks from the following categories, but you would be able to pick up the skills on the job if you don't master this yet:
- DevOps experience, especially on Debian/Ubuntu servers, Terraform, Vault, Packer, Prometheus, ELK, Docker. We are building a modern infrastructure and having a strong DevOps presence on top of core software engineering skills is a big plus with us.
- Cloud computing, like AWS or OpenStack
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible
- RabbitMQ, Redis & Elasticsearch
- git source control
- Mobile development (iOS and/or Android)
- Managing clients & projects from beginning to completion (senior developer)
- Public speaking at conferences (you would present a talk every year at the Open edX Con)
We are a team of twenty developers, all working remotely from Europe, North & South America, Asia & Australia. You would arrive at a critical moment, as we scale up to handle increasing demand from clients on the edX platform. The company is not affiliated with edX, but contributing and working with them on various projects. This is a full time position, were you would be able to work remotely from anywhere you want, as long as you have a good internet connexion. : )
We're looking for a Senior Web Developer, who is self-starter, can think on his/her feet, play well with others, and do great work in a fast paced, agency environment and has experience developing for content management platforms such as Kentico, Sitecore and/or Sitefinity.
By bringing together like-minded people, who share common passions, who enjoy each other's company and respect each other's skills, BlueModus has created a culture where people work hard, have each other’s backs, and love what they do. Come join a team with a clear mandate to deliver high value to their clients. If you’re up for a challenge, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Work at a company that was a Finalist for 2018 Best Places to Work by Denver Business Journal and ranked #50 on 2019 Best Places to Work by Built in Colorado
- Competitive salary
- Recharge your batteries with ample paid time off that includes 9 holidays, 10 vacation, 2 personal and 5 sick days
- Get that dental checkup with full benefits - health, dental, vision and disability
- Plan for your future with our 401(k) plan + employer match
- Stay fit and healthy with our gym membership reimbursement
- Awesome office in the heart of downtown Denver right off the iconic 16th Street Mall
- Fully stocked kitchen and snack dispensers
- Catered team lunches 4 days a week, plus breakfast on Fridays
- Keg for Thirsty Thursdays
- Team building “fun” days and other company sponsored activities through the year
- Dog friendly office
- Commute in style with our RTD reimbursements or don’t commute at all with our remote work options
- Whether you’re an early riser or a snooze master, pick a schedule that works for you with flexible working hours
What You Will Be Doing:
- Responsible for billable client consulting
- Maintenance and continued enhancement of the back end of our clients' web sites and web applications
- Understanding and applying applicable development and coding standards
- Building packages and deploying software to integration environments
- Fielding technical questions from clients, other developers, project management, quality assurance, and other colleagues
- Providing development estimates for enhancement requests
- Participating actively in agile teams while learning from software architects and / or solution leads
- Investigating and resolving bugs and deficiencies in the project codebase
- Building and maintaining internal tools to streamline the software development process and enhance productivity
- Researching new software development concepts and making suggestions for improvements
- Creating and integrating features for our client solutions using the latest C#/ .NET technologies
- Writing web services, business objects, and other middle-tier framework using the .NET framework
- Actively participating in code reviews
- Championing testing and QA initiatives
- 5+ years of .NET/ASP.NET development experience using C# like Microsoft MVC, WCF, Web API, and WebForms
- 5+ years of experience with object-oriented design, software patterns, multi-threaded, debugging and refactoring
- Experience developing websites and microsites in a Content Management System (CMS) like Kentico, Sitecore, or Sitefinity
- Experience troubleshooting of CSS and HTML issues
- Experience resolving cross-browser compatibility issues
- Experience with MSSQL Server + T-SQL, creating tables, stored procedures, and data views
- Understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Mercurial or SVN
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Automated Build products like Team City, Azure DevOps, or Jenkins
- Experience with responsive and mobile site development
- Understanding of DevOps principles: sites, certs, automation, and networking
- Strong testing and QA ethic
- Experience working at in an agency environment
- Experience with agile/lean development
- Understand SEO principles
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer or electronics engineering, information technology or related
We're searching for a senior engineer with extensive experience building web applications that combine solid architecture, security and scalability with a focus on customer experience. You will be a vital team player who is able to balance the core platform requirements of the business with the ability to embrace new technology and best-practice innovations in the sector. Creating web services with a keen focus on API consumability is second nature. You are comfortable working on large projects, taking them forward and making recommendations to the direction they take based on evidence provided by hard data. You can spot a well designed API and have proven experience working with and developing critical APIs at scale. Split at a glance
- A single app, with a large pipeline of new integrating clients.
- Stack snapshot: Rails, RSpec, PostgreSQL, Redis, Puma, Yarn, Webpack, AWS.
- Process management: Asana, GitHub.
- TDD with 100% coverage (according to Simplecov).
- We ?? code reviews.
- Design, develop and iterate through new features.
- Provide insight and advice to other key stakeholders.
- Review and mentor other team members. Be a team player!
- Ensure production-ready high code quality.
- Continually consider the product from both a holistic and specific view-point.
- Security reviews.
- Technical planning with proven experience designing APIs with scale and security in
- Comfortable with CSS, HTML and associated front end technologies.
- Familiar with CI/CD processes.
- Highly attentive to detail (nothing is too small to notice or correct).
- DevOps and AWS
- Modern JS and frameworks (ES2018, React, Redux, etc )
- Be assiduous.
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- Be respectful.
- Be flexible.
- Be proactive.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics.
- Competitive salary package commensurate with experience.
- Great employment benefits and working situation (remote friendly).
- Rapid career advancement opportunities.
- Read more about our approach at http://www.splitpayments.com.au/careers
We are a full-spectrum e-commerce platform, used and loved by thousands of entrepreneurs all over the world. We have offices in Portland, Sydney and Manila.
We are growing fast and we’re looking for an experienced DevOps engineer to work closely with our CTO in Sydney. If you’re not already in Australia, we’re open to sponsoring the right candidate so you can move to Sydney (about the most awesome and livable city in the world in our opinion).
Our engineering team is a friendly and cosmopolitan bunch - British, French, American, Brazilian, Chinese, Slovakian, in fact from pretty much everywhere. They pride themselves on competence, no corporate-BS, transparency and flexible working. Everyone at Selz works from home or from the office whenever they want - wherever helps them most to do great work.
One of our strategic goals is to provide our merchants with an exceptional, high-availability experience. We rely on the health, scalability and security of our ever-expanding cloud infrastructure to do that.
So we are looking for talented and experienced engineers who know how to manage and contribute to our cloud infrastructure. You will be an “engineer to the engineers”, helping them to understand and leverage our infrastructure and platform to deliver even better features. Your contributions will have a lasting impact on Selz as we expand and evolve.
What we're looking for
Your main responsibilities will be to:
Build and scale our cloud-based infrastructure
Propose and implement design improvements
Ensure high availability of production and pre-production systems
Define automated pipelines that enable engineers to build, test and deploy their code
Help engineers to operate and monitor services in production
It would be great if you have:
Solid foundation in Computer Science
Familiarity with micro services architecture, runtime analysis, and deployment
Expert level proficiency in Linux and Windows
Experience in system automation – Majority of work includes writing and enhancing automation tools and infrastructure
Knowledge of monitoring and alerting tools to track issues and continually improve the availability of systems. We want an alerting system where everything is actionable and automated
Experience tuning and analyzing performance at all levels: OS, Docker containers and the application
Knowledge of security hardening and analysis – IDS/IPS, log analysis, alerting
Network analysis and troubleshooting experience – VPN, NAT, DNS, subnets, firewalls, TLS, tcpdump, wireshark, apparmor
Prior experience implementing Disaster Recovery and Backups
You'll fit in if…
You want to be part of a team that cares about transparency, no BS, doing great work and having fun whilst you are doing it
You want to be part of a modern, global, rapidly expanding company that is doing something exciting
You’re organized and a good manager of time
You think and act creatively to solve problems
You are a good communicator and collaborator (essential as this a remote role)
You take things very personally and are willing to go the extra mile
Ubuntu, Windows, AWS, Redis, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, NGINX and IIS.
A competitive salary
Access to stock options
Live in Sydney - like the most totally awesome and livable city in the world
Surfing, snorkeling, BBQs and beaches (see above)
We’re open to sponsoring the right candidate if you’re not already in Sydney
Here’s where we are now:
We are operating in Amazon Web Services. Our services are mainly deployed on EC2 provisioned with Terraform.
We also heavily use other technology on AWS such as DynamoDB, S3, and RDS.
Our backend includes a data ingestion web service with supporting Kinesis consumers, along with a growing array of Spark projects. It’s written mostly in Scala, with a smattering of Python for lambda functions.
We sit somewhere in the middle of the “Scala as a worse Haskell” and “Scala as a better Java” spectrum. We love functional programming and we do make use of libraries like cats, but at the same time we heavily favor core language features and have no intention of rewriting everything using Free Monads.
Our web app UI is written in Typescript with Angular2 and a supporting API running on Node, and is deployed and monitored using much the same supporting tech as the backend.
Other services we use include: GitHub, CircleCI, DataDog.
Here are some examples of projects that we would like some help with:
Data analytics pipelines to drive the interactive report UIs. For example: reports for yield forecasting and deal pre-qualification.
Implementing additional infrastructure to support transactions for more types of data.
Improving the latency and resource usage of our transaction processes.
Have experience in a typed functional language such as Scala or F#, or significant experience in their non-functional equivalents (Java, C#) with an interest in Scala.
Have experience working with non-trivial quantities of data. As of this writing, our ingestion pipelines are handling something on the order of 500GB .snappy.parquet files per day. Prior work with Spark would be ideal, but experience with similar MapReduce-based technologies would also be helpful.
Have experience operating in a cloud environment like Amazon Web Services, Google Compute Engine, or similar.
Be able to work across all aspects of back end systems, from application code to SQL to systems administration.
Not be afraid of contributing to the entire stack (from the UI to Devops) when the need arises.
Scala or other typed functional languages
These days, data is everywhere and has immense benefits for businesses. Companies that have data can sell it to companies that need it to improve their business; a win-win situation. However, current data discovery and distribution inefficiencies slow this win-win situation down to a grinding halt.
Narrative simplifies the data landscape by automating the hard-to-navigate world of data acquisition and distribution into two, easy-to-use software platforms.
Narrative's Acquire platform gives businesses access to massive amounts of raw data across many suppliers. With full transparency, companies know exactly what they’re getting and which suppliers it came from.
Narrative's Distribute platform standardizes and deduplicates data, giving companies instant demand for their data and new, turn-key revenue streams.
On top of that, everything is automated, centrally managed with actionable analytics and aligns with GDPR compliance.
In a world where raw data is fueling businesses, Narrative is the platform that powers the data economy.
Perks & benefits
Health, dental, and vision insurance
Flexible vacation & paid time off
Relaxed and engaging workplace
Location: Paris, France or remote
Software Heritage is hiring: seeking a Paris-based full-time devops engineer
Software Heritage is an ambitious nonprofit, entirely Free/Open Source Software (FOSS) project that aims at collecting, organizing, preserving for the very long term, and sharing all publicly available software in source code form, together with the corresponding complete development history (e.g., from a Version Control System) where available. The Software Heritage archive already contains about 6 billion unique source code files and 1 billion commits, retrieved from more than 80 million software projects.
We are looking for a senior devops engineer with either strong (Python) programming skills and a pronounced interest in (GNU/Linux) system administration or strong system administration skills and backend programming experience, to grow our operations team. The team is in charge of guaranteeing reliability of our day-by-day archiving activities, integrity of the Software Heritage archive in collaboration with mirror operators, and maintaining an efficient development environment for our developers.
The right candidate will:be a strong critical thinker and efficient problem solver, be able to communicate and work collaboratively with team members, be able to dig deeply into technical details, configurations, and scripting, lead incident response, diagnosis and follow-up on system outages or alerts across the entire infrastructure, have a knack for keeping the complexity of large, heterogeneous distributed system under control.
As senior devops engineer you will primarily work with the following technologies:Debian GNU/Linux, Puppet, PostgreSQL, Distributed architecture (RabbitMQ, Kafka), Icinga/Prometheus/ELK monitoring, Proxmox, KVM virtualization, LXC and Docker containers, large scale object storage (Ceph, cloud-based object storages), AWS and Azure, POSIX shell scripting, Python programming.
Working knowledge or interest of the following techniques and technologies would be a plus:highly scalable architectures, microservice based architectures, event driven infrastructures, IaaS/PaaS cloud offerings, Debian packaging, REST API principles, C system programming.
A successful candidate will have strong system administrator skills and programming fluency in at least a couple of system- and/or application-level programming languages, as well as a solid track record of participation in existing FOSS projects and communities.
All the code developed as part of this position will be developed openly and released under a FOSS license.
Workplace and salary
The job should be worked on-site at Inria’s Paris headquarters. Remote work might be an option, depending on the candidate and on their willingness to visit headquarters on a regular basis.
The salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Customer Engineer to bring Pulumi’s cloud programming model to the world. You will be a part of realizing a vision where every developer can program the cloud.
In this customer-facing engineering role, you will be the center of successful implementations of Pulumi with our newest users. It will be your job to take the shared vision of a customer deal and deliver on it: from assessing our customer environment, building a customized deployment plan, and working internally and externally to ensure our customers are happily using all of the Pulumi power they purchased.
Expect to be challenged, learn, teach, and collaborate with a world class team of great people.
Pulumi is headquartered in Seattle, WA. This role is home office, preferably based on the East Coast to best serve our customers there. If you prefer a co-working space, that can be arranged. We are committed to our remote workforce and building a cohesive team.
In This Job You Will:
Work with customers across their entire lifecycle - from pre-sales (demos, answering inbound questions, reaching out to new users) to post-sales (on-boarding, technical reviews, answering support tickets.)
Create technical materials for customers - examples, guides, demo scripts, product briefs, etc.
Onboard enterprise customers, optimizing Pulumi for their environment.
Close the loop between customers, product, and engineering teams, championing the product to the customer, and bringing their requirements to the roadmap.
Listen and respond; build and advise on the best technical choices for our customers.
Be challenged, solve new problems, teach about our technologies, and figuring out new, better ways to delight our customers.
To Be Successful In This Role, You Have:
Pre- or Post- Sales experience using devops products with enterprise customers.
A commitment to user experience, customer optimization and successful implementation of new products.
Deep familiarity with core web technologies, Open Source technologies, and public cloud platforms.
Exceptional customer management, presentation and communication skills.
BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
Pulumi is reimagining how developers and DevOps teams create and manage cloud software, through a unique combination of developer tools and system innovation. The company leads with an open source platform that embraces real programming languages, tools, and techniques, and offers an innovative SaaS product that helps team collaborate.
Pulumi was founded in 2017 by developer and cloud experts from many corners of our industry to deliver innovative approaches to cloud software development. Since emerging from stealth in mid-2018, we are accelerating our platform momentum and product adoption. The team is built on a culture of openness, diversity, respect, and thinking big.
PeopleDoc is on a mission to revolutionize how every HR function provide services to their employees.
Our unique “state of the art” HR Service Delivery platform provides HR teams with the tools they need to provide great services while considerably decreasing the manual work behind the scenes and allowing companies to go paperless in their administration.
The PeopleDoc HR Service Delivery platform helps HR teams more easily answer employee requests on demand, automate employee processes, across multiple locations.
PeopleDoc serves more than 1000 clients with employees in 180 countries in 12 languages with a 100% customer retention rate. PeopleDoc is now a part of Ultimate Software. Ultimate Software is a Leader for Cloud HCM Applications.
More information is available at www.people-doc.com.
Job Description/ Job Summary:
The mission of a SRE at PeopleDoc is to secure, administrate and maintain the production infrastructure as it were a software, you will contribute in building our fault tolerant, highly scalable and low latency services on virtual and bare-metal servers over data centers in different regions of the globe . The profile needed is so a combination of sysadmin knowledge and strong skills in software development. Remote workers are welcome too !
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Design and maintain the cloud infrastructure hosting PeopleDoc services
- Collect and monitor KPIs (availability, response time, time to deploy) and ensure that they meet our SLAs
- Lead the scalability & capacity planning strategy
- Work with other teams to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve high impact issues
- Team player with good communication skills
- Experience in automation tools (Ansible, Salt, Puppet or Chef) and CI/CD principles
- Experience with Cloud services (AWS or Openstack) and its APIs
- Good Linux system administration skills (DNS, RabbitMQ, Redis, HAProxy)
- Experience with one programming language (Python, Java, Go) and Shell scripting
- Good Networking knowledge (TCP/IP, Linux routing and firewall)
What you will do?????? We are looking for a Front-end Developer (ideally ?? React) to join our product team. Responsibilities You'll be in charge of developing User Interfaces integrated into our product micro Front-end architecture. You'll be working in a fully Agile team to help creating attractive and effective user interfaces. Your missions will be: ?????? Create web applications (mostly ?? React) designed for the end user, helped by our ? Design System, and maintainable by your teammates. ? Improve existing interfaces with UX and performance in mind. ? Contribute to improving our design system by adding React components to share among all teams. ? Industrialize your developments so that they are integrated as soon as possible into our daily deliveries to production.
About the teamYou will be part of the Product team which consists of twenty people with Back-end developers, DevOps, QA Testers, UI/UX Designer, and Product Managers. You will work in a friendly and open minded work environment.
Pear Deck is founded by teachers on a mission to help educators engage their students. We create active learning solutions that leverage student devices to support formative assessment, meaningful engagement, and improved classroom equity.
We’re looking for someone who gets energy in a dynamic role, who would enjoy helping other developers with tools, monitoring our services in Kubernetes, and helping our team understand acute technical issues.
Things you may do on a given day:
- Stand up with the cross-functional product team and agree on top priorities for the day
- Monitor production systems for disruptions to valuable classroom time and react quickly
- Review a PR
- Fix a bug
- Make improvements to our CI/CD pipeline
- Talk with another dev about recent improvements to our internal tooling
- Identifying potential projects to cut our cloud spend
- Develop a plan to make monitoring or operational improvements
- Twiddle some knobs in the GCP console while building long-term IaC solutions
- Improve our workflow orchestration
Prior to this, it is likely you:
- Have worked well with non-technical leaders and technical leaders alike
- Worked with service-oriented architecture and other infrastructure patterns
- Used programming design patterns
- Have demonstrated honesty, determination, brilliance, and humility
About Pear Deck
Pear Deck is a five-year-old funded startup headquartered in Iowa City, IA, focused on delivering powerful learning moments to every student, every day. By joining Pear Deck at this stage in our growth, you will be getting in during an exciting time as we expand our team while maintaining our humanity. So, if you like the idea of working on a close-knit crew as we face the challenges of scaling both our customers and our team, this is the perfect time to jump in.
We value diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to join our team. We believe a wealth of perspectives helps Pear Deck serve its teachers better. If you’re interesting in joining us on our mission, apply on our website.
We’re a rapidly growing startup transforming the way enterprises engage their customers when communicating over the phone. Some things that make us different include:
A team of founders. Most of us have either been founders or ‘first hire’ at startups that have been acquired or gone public. We know and love building products that create big companies.
We’re not your typical CRUD app. Our software runs across many different platforms (web/chrome/iOS/Android) and connects to a core communications infrastructure that we’ve built from scratch.
We love our customers. Whether it’s building resources, going on-site or staying up late with them on launch day, we go above and beyond to make them successful.
An experienced software engineer (7+ years) who has built non-trivial production systems and enjoys finding scalable solutions to interesting problems. You’ve worked across a variety of tech stacks and know how to pick the right tool for the job. You are not only comfortable tracking down and fixing production issues, but can anticipate where issues will arise before they do. You are the person your peers come to for help. The prospect of learning new technologies should excite you.
Designing and implementing new features and systems.
Assessing and fixing production incidents and bugs and putting in place systems to prevent them.
Be a technical resource for other members of the engineering team.
Mentoring junior engineers
7+ years work experience as a software engineer
Experience building highly-available backend services
Knowledge of relational databases
Desire to work on a small team that collaborates on technical and product ideas
Strong work ethic and team player
Experience working on the JVM
Experience with containers (Docker)
Nice To Have:
Experience working in Clojure.
Experience with telephony (Asterisk, Kamailio, SIP, RTP)
Experience with AWS (RDS, SQS, S3, Elasticache, ECS, Cloudformation, etc)
*We have an office in San Francisco, but half of us work remotely from all over the US. Check out a (totally unprompted!) blog post by one of our engineers about his experience working remotely at Truly.
As a DevOps Engineer, you are embedded within an engineering team and have one foot in operations, the other in development. You care deeply about uptime, reliability and automation. You help your colleagues make product changes quickly and all of us deliver value to our clients faster. You do things like help get new services into production, ensure effective monitoring and alerting and help us grow our infrastructure platform to accommodate the demands of a growing client base, and so forth.
You will fit in well with us, if you:
- Reside in North or South America. Yes, we are a distributed company, but since we are still small, we like to minimize the time zone spread within the team.
- Are an excellent communicator. In our small team, English is the official language. You need to be able to articulate complex ideas efficiently and effectively. When people do not share an office, it is essential to pay extra attention to communication.
- Have a solid technical background. You should have at least 5 years of professional experience and be able to point to a track record of caring about production systems with significant usage.
- Feel at home with Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Linux and shell scripting. You have been working in current cloud-based environments (such as AWS or GCP), but you don’t feel tied to one platform and generally appreciate picking the “right tool for the job.”
- Like to learn and strive to do so often. As a company we improve to the extent that our team does. It starts with each individual. Humility and an open mind help a lot.
- Ideally know what it is like to work in distributed development teams, or better yet, thrive in them. It probably means you already know you don’t need a structured office environment with a manager who checks in on you once a day. Likewise, you know that you will do best from your home office.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and the communities we serve.
Principals only please.
- Reside in North or South America. Yes, we are a distributed company, but since we are still small, we like to minimize the time zone spread within the team.
What you will do:
You'll help Patreon scale the foundation of a platform that helps creators pay rent and enables higher levels of creativity.
You'll establish a standard of high availability and reliability for Patreon's production systems.
You'll influence the direction of our technical roadmap.
Create and administer infrastructure -- cloud services, hosts, monitoring tools -- for highly reliable and scalable web applications and data stores.
Build automated tooling to configure and maintain our systems and services.
Identify and solve issues in our stack.
Work closely with your peers in security and engineering.
Participate in an on-call rotation ~1 week per month.
Projects you might work on:
Leveling up how we approach and handle logging.
Improving our deploy pipeline.
Revamp our approach to alerting.
Working with our security team to improve the security of our infrastructure.
Skills and experience you possess:
You have experience in DevOps or Site Reliability for a company experiencing fast-paced growth.
You are knowledgable in configuration management with a framework such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
You're comfortable with AWS, Linux, and MySQL can operate all of them from the CLI.
You are proficient with a programming language like Python or Ruby, and with shell scripting.
Your documentation, collaboration, and verbal communication skills are excellent.
You are inclined to automate, but can discern when automation isn't the best solution and present alternatives.
You've worked with continuous integration and deployment systems, and have ideas about how to build and improve those systems.
You strongly believe in the importance of security, and enjoy the idea of partnering with the security team to ensure the integrity of our customers' data.
You have productive habits, healthy process awareness, and good teamwork skills and instincts.
Right now, we are looking for a project based position for our operations. Like the whole team you can work from anywhere. This is an opportunity for you to work and influence a fast growing SaaS service. You’ll work on our GraphHopper Directions API infrastructure and lead the architecture discussions, as well as taking care of failures and complications related to our cloud offering. And furthermore improve the system through more automation and testing. Travel is not required. The communication is mainly done through slack, Email and GitHub tickets.
- Develop software for our distributed systems and GraphHopper Directions API offerings
- Ability to work with a remote team and speak in English
- Active communication and discussion style
- Preference to self-learning
- Experience with automation (CI) and automate as much as possible
- Experience with Linux cluster administration
- Expertise with Ansible
- Experience or ability to respond to operational issues
- Expertise with bash or python scripting or Java
- Bachelor or MS Degree in Computer Science
- All team members take care of a good work-life balance
- Competitive pay
- You’ll be supported to speak about your work in blog posts or at conferences if you like
We thought we needed a DBA. We thought we needed more DevOps.
What we realize is that we need is you, our MySQL Performance Engineer.
You will work closely with Ops to tune the server; build data-access tools with DevOps; polish our schema with the data lords; and create standards and processes so that all application queries are good queries. We've got tens of billions of records and we're redesigning their home to use the best MySQL scaling practices,
NoSQL-inspired pragmatism, and zero-downtime global redundancy. Join us.
- MySQL 5.7 mastery, with a focus on performance — both for the applications using the DB and the developers building it
- Deep understanding of multi-master, failover, and replication over non-local networks
-Troubleshoot slow logs, schema improprieties, and load issues like you were born to it
- Above average programming chops (PHP/Java/Python), and a deep understanding of ORMs (Doctrine, *Batis)
Things we like — show us examples!
- Big data is your friend, and metadata about big data is your sustenance
- You have bridged a data-layer between multiple datacenters and AWS
- You can make MySQL, Redis, Redis Streams, Kafka, and other event queues sing in harmony
This is a REMOTE, FULL-TIME position.
You can learn more about us here: https://www.chess.com/blog/erik/how-chess-com-s-100-person-virtual-team-works-together
Our goal at Nash is to make trading, holding, and interacting with cryptocurrencies accessible to everyone. We are looking for DevOps engineers (remote) to assist with the deployment of our exchange matching engine, settlement layer, and APIs. You should be well versed in best practices for deploying, monitoring, and updating highly secure systems.
> Build infrastructure for the secure deployment and monitoring of our exchange services.
> Document your work thoroughly so that others can work with and build upon it.
> Engage in test-driven development practices.
> Work asynchronously with a fully remote team.
We are looking for
> 4+ years in a prior DevOps role.
> Experience managing cloud provider services (e.g., AWS GCP) using Terraform.
> Experience deploying highly secure systems (such as financial software).
> Experience managing cloud provider services (e.g., AWS GCP).
> Extensive knowledge of Kubernetes, microservice deployments, and CI/CD (Gitlab)
> Experience with managing distributed systems in Elixir.
We prefer but don't require
> 1+ years experience working with Elixir.
> Experience working in remote teams.
> A history of contributing to open source software.
> Experience working with OTP, Ecto, and Plug.
> Familiarity with Elixir typespecs.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help us develop, maintain and administer the TileDB cloud-based service.
Work as part of a team to develop a complete cloud-based service
Develop, unit test and validate components of Golang based services
Help design new service layers and advanced DB feature sets (ACL, SQL, etc)
Maintain production infrastructure
Our headquarters are located in Cambridge, MA. The candidates must be US or Greek citizens or permanent residents.
In-depth experience with Golang based REST services
Experience using Kubernetes for production service deployments
Experience with OpenAPI (Swagger) specifications
Experience with production MariaDB/MySQL usage and administration
Nice to Have
Devops experience with DNS, logging and monitoring
Experience debugging performance critical applications
C/C++ experience (i.e. CGO)
TileDB, Inc. offers very competitive compensation and benefits, which include:
Health Care Plan (Medical)
Stock Option Plan
Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)