Find a remote job in Software DevPost a job for $299
TX Group Inc. is seeking motivated Artificial Intelligence Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers and Data Scientists to join our team. MTX Group Inc. (MTX) is a technology services company based out of Albany, NY. MTX specializes in the Salesforce platform, Mobile Apps, Web Apps, User Experience and User Interface Design. We are a growing team of passionate individuals and in our fast-paced environment, you will collaborate with a driven team on a daily basis. In collaboration with our team, this position will provide opportunities to develop state-of-the-art AI/ML products in production grade systems and work on bleeding-edge technologies. This is a great opportunity for practitioners to enhance their career in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Data Science industry.
- Research state-of-the-art algorithms in machine learning, particularly deep learning, to identify viable approaches to significant unsolved challenges for the Maverick AI platform
- Identify AI/ML solutions for video analytics, image analytics, audio analytics and big data analytics across but not limited to industry verticals like medicine, healthcare, disaster management and finserv
- Design solution prototypes and POC that connect data sources through the selected algorithms to a concrete use case
- Implement the algorithms, and test their efficacy and efficiency against real-world data, experimentation to improve accuracy
- Create robust applications hosted on cloud services ensuring availability and security for the end users. Testing the application for edge cases and creating a good user experience
- Deploy the solution in a production environment, with strong CI/CD pipeline to continuously update the solutions in place
- Create custom data sciences solutions for specific project, in collaboration with the relevant MTX team and client
- Mentor and guide junior data scientists and ensure a continuous learning environment in and across teams
- 2 to 8 years of experience in Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning/Data Science
- Proficiency in the underlying mathematics of deep learning, particularly linear algebra and multivariate calculus
- Knowledge of data structures, data management, data transformations, model selection, training and tuning of models and accessing the performance of models
- Good understanding of industry standard platforms for AI/ML: Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras, Theano, Caffee, etc.
- Ability to use cloud services like AWS/GCP for model development and deployment
- Ability to communicate technical topics effectively to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Ability to read, understand, and apply technical papers and articles in research journals
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively with a project team in a research environment with a proactive and curious problem-solving approach
What we offer:
- Amazing culture
- Failure is ok because we embrace it
- Access to the leadership team
- The chance to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Modern offices across all regions that promotes family concept
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Monthly All Hands meeting - ask me anything style discussions with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, game nights and more lead by our FUN ministers across all regional offices
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
The Elastic Stack is the unparalleled swiss army knife of search and analytics. It takes hundreds of engineers and large infrastructure to keep its development on track. A critical piece of the effort is our multi-cloud, distributed CI environment. We need a dedicated lead to take over the people management, operational health, and delivery of its team.
What you will be doing
- Manage and mentor a globally distributed team of 5-10 experienced engineers. You would evaluate performance, give timely feedback, and advocate for their career paths.
- Work closely with engineering teams and leadership to define requirements and roadmap. The product teams depend on CI constantly. Proactivity is important.
- Organize effective call rotations to maximize service health and engineer quality of life.
- Foster a culture of mutual respect, collaboration, and consensus-based decision-making.
- Commit to software-first principles. We are developers that manage state.
- Plan for team capacity and help drive recruitment of high quality people.
What you will bring along
- Significant experience leading teams of software engineers, preferably in site reliability. You don't need to have been a people manager, but this is a people management role. You can (and should!) write code, but your priority is to help others do it.
- Significant experience building and deploying complex, and completely automated, systems. We run a multi-cloud, multi-OS environment built upon immutable infrastructure. It's a mixture of off-the-shelf Jenkins and custom software. You'll need technical empathy as you help your reports fulfill their mission.
- Expert-level programming experience in at least one computer language and deep familiarity with its build and testing ecosystem.
- Genuine care for the well-being of your employees, striving to be an emotionally intelligent, egoless, humble, servant-leader. A sense of humor is a big help. You believe that a diverse company is a better company.
Experience/interest in these would be nice:
- Search and analytics tools, particularly the Elastic Stack. A love for what our company builds will only help.
- We are a polyglot team; a love for languages would serve you well.
- Speaking/presenting publicly. You will need to communicate effectively to others.
- Open source. OSS is our DNA. If you have ever contributed to an open-source project, or even just followed one closely you'll have a good sense for how our company operates.
- Competitive pay
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating simple, yet scalable experiences for our customers.
As a Senior Software Engineer within Developer Experience you will think about how to present complex developer workflows and deployment processes as simple, elegant, and configurable solutions for our customers. Working alongside of Product and Design teams, and reporting to an Engineering Manager, you will decide how to build software that gets the most out of our products and services, and helps developers deploy, manage, and scale apps on DigitalOcean. You will also work within the broader engineering organization to improve efficiency and performance of internal systems, so that we can support our growing customer base.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Developing software written primarily in Go, and sometimes Ruby.
- Working with containerized applications in Docker, and deploying within a CI/CD environment like GoCD and Concourse.
- Creating and processing large amounts of data stored in, or streamed through, MySQL, Redis, and Kafka.
- Using tools like Kibana and Grafana to monitor, alert and troubleshoot internal production performance issues.
- Consuming and integrating with 3rd party APIs (DigitalOcean public APIs, Kubernetes, logging and analytics services, etc).
- Actively participating in the product development process, quickly understanding how our services contribute to customer value, and gradually forming opinions on how to make those services better with minimal technical supervision.
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Experience working in a role where you had to balance solving software performance and scaling challenges with creating customer value.
- Willingness to understand the architecture of multiple systems, and being able to make updates to them independently.
- Have the ability to lead projects from start to finish, working cross functionally to gather requirements, plan work, and helping to steer development until launch.
- Experience with consuming and processing messages from Kafka or similar service.
- Proficiency with writing efficient queries in MySQL.
- Experience building APIs for external consumption.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and CI/CD pipelines like GoCD or Concourse a plus.
- An understanding of microservice architecture and inter-service communication with protocols like gRPC and Protocol Buffers a plus.
- A strong appreciation for rich UI experiences, and particularly the flexibility to adapt APIs and backend services to accommodate such experiences.
- A passion for creating developer tools and meaningful developer workflows.
- This role will be expected to participate in an on-call rotation
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You are the voice of the customer inside Giant Swarm and the voice of Giant Swarm towards the customers, helping both sides to be successful.
- You work closely with customers to understand their architecture and further their understanding of Giant Swarm, helping them to get the most out of our product and the CNCF landscape, master Cloud Native tools like Kubernetes, Prometheus as well as Loki, Helm and others.
- Our solution architects are becoming part of diverse open source communities around tools that our customers need and use, contributing back to those projects where possible. You build and maintain helm charts that might start out as a special project for one customer and end up being a managed service run by all our customers.
- You hold trainings and workshops at conferences, for our existing customers, as well as with Giant Swarms potential customers. . Do note that the role requires minimum travel as most of our interactions as a fully remote company are via video conferencing.
- Learn from customer's problems with moving to microservices architectures, get your hands dirty and find out what Cloud Native project's entrails look like. The more successful our customers are with the Cloud Native journey, the more successful we are.
- Ultimately, you are also responsible for documentation, helping the product teams implement fixes, prioritizing features and making sure we only need to answer questions once.
- First impressions are important! You help create a great onboarding experience for our customers and become the main point of contact for them.
- To sum it up: Customer Success is all that matters. Within the solution engineering team, we make sure our customers are happy and taking the right steps going forward, at best you anticipate the problems they might face in the future.
- You have experience with more than one programming language, including Go, and a strong architectural background.
- You feel at home in the Kubernetes world, especially the multitude of Open Source tools around Kubernetes and the Container World.
- You can explain complicated things concisely and easily for a diverse audience.
- You have a strong sense in providing an awesome customer service that makes life easier for Developers. Your communication skills (especially written form) are excellent. Very good English skills are a must-have. German skills are a bonus.
- You are open to attend conferences with our team and hold talks in front of customers. You are happy to travel 5-10% per year
- We (and our customers) are currently mostly distributed around Europe (around UTC), thus, your main timezone should be somewhere between -2UTC to +2UTC to ensure better communication.
Why we think this position is worth applying for (challenge us!)
- Impact, Impact, Impact! We are a growing team (from 15+ European countries) and every new team member changes the team. This is great! People who know things we dont are highly welcome.
- It's better to ask forgiveness than permission (Paolini) - sure, its not 100% like this, but we have a strong culture of failure which is part of our agile mindset. We dont do things like in the guidebook. Hell, our customers choose us because we are building how the guidebook should look in this day and age. You can try things out.
- We play a key role in our customer's digital transformation. We have partnered up with Amazon Web Services and Microsoft to provide our solution on their cloud platforms - more will follow.
- We serve some of Europe's leading organizations and are talking to many more.
What is it like to work at Giant Swarm?We would like to give you a glimpse on how working with Giant Swarm(we are a fully remote team) is like:
Self-organizationCreative work needs freedom and openness. We encourage you to do your work wherever (some of us travel almost half the year and work from remote islands) and whenever you want (keeping in mind that there are some meetings we would like you to attend). We expect passion and encourage sustainability. If you need rest, take it. If you take up a task, own it. If you see a problem, solve it.
TeamworkWe are a growing company with team members distributed all over Europe and plans on expanding to the US. Our ambitious goals are only achievable as a team. Everybodys input is highly welcome and appreciated. Although sometimes rules and processes are necessary, we try to keep them as lean as possible. Always question the status quo and find new ways of collaboration and team work.
LearningLearning is mandatory and fun at the same time. If you realize you want to expand your knowledge in a specific area, we support you with conferences, books etc.
BasicsWe offer fair (transparent and open) salaries with benefits like choosing your own laptop, your choice to work at home or in a coworking space, flexible hours, minimal meetings, transparent communication, etc.. And you will participate in our stock options program. Currently our team members have more children than we are employees. So family friendliness is a must. We don't hire job descriptions. We hire humans. :) We welcome applications from everybody, regardless ethnic or national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation or age.
Factory software is at the core of value creation, it is crucial to our society. Creating factory software is exceedingly difficult. Actyx is solving this problem. Our platform ActyxOS—based on a peer-to-peer architecture with no central nor on-site servers—allows developers to easily build and run powerful data-driven applications. This helps factories answer questions, reduce waste, and increase performance. Over the last 2.5 years Actyx has grown to a team of 25 absolutely outstanding people, raised over 4 million EUR and was installed in multiple factories.
About the role:
Our co-founder and CTO Roland is looking for an experienced software engineer to join the 8-strong Pan-European distributed development team.
You will add your own talents and experience to the team: together we will push the envelope and move the boundary of what is considered possible in the space of highly resilient distributed business logic on the factory shop-floor.
You will refine and create distributed business logic based on event-sourcing and functional programming techniques
You will compose and wire up UI components to implement simple and intuitive user interfaces that facilitate complex interactions of man, machine, and material on the shop-floor
You will create, operate, and maintain infrastructure for monitoring and servicing decentralized peer-to-peer apps deployed in demanding factory environments on tablets, machine gateways, and virtual machines in the cloud and on-premises
You will create, customize, operate, and maintain integrations to third-party enterprise software as well as sensors and machines on the factory shop-floor
Our perfect match:
We seek an outstanding candidate, who is highly driven, smart, confident, and gritty. Our perfect match is hungry to learn and enjoys working in fast-paced environments.
You have a track record of at least 10 years as a programmer, possibly with some open-source contributions to show; you consider languages, frameworks, and libraries as tools rather than religion
You have created or contributed to distributed programming tools; you have a deep understanding of functional programming as well as the costs and benefits of strong static type checking and powerful type systems
You love challenges and you have a roll-up-your-sleeves and get-stuff-done attitude
You have excellent analytical skills, work diligently, have great attention to detail and are able to consistently deliver results under pressure
You are fluent in business-level English.
Last but not least, when judging your fit for this position we will not consider your age, sex, gender, ethnicity, religion, etc. as these are not relevant to your role within the team.
What we offer:
A unique opportunity to revolutionize the manufacturing industry, displace old-school software and have a tangible impact on the Actyx success story
A highly relevant technical challenge paired with stimulating use-cases from the tangible real world
A world-class multicultural team: we don’t just work together, we truly care about each other and seek to bring out the best in each other every day
If you need more private time to take care of your loved ones then we will try our best to accommodate their needs
A flexible and high pace work environment, with low hierarchies, competitive compensation and equity package
Does this sound like your dream job and do you have the profile we are looking for? Then we would love to hear from you! Please send us your cover letter and CV and let us know about your earliest possible starting date and salary expectations.
We look for people who are:
- As passionate about helping customers succeed as they are about working with new technologies.
- Confident, and value freedom (we work almost exclusively from home), but humble enough to ask questions when they are stuck.
- Want to build new things, but don’t mind rolling up their sleeves and doing what needs to get done.
- Love to work directly with customers to solve their business problems.
- Want to work hard, but balance that with the rest of their life.
Are you passionate about transforming government? Would you like to build free and open source tools that enable teams to more easily build and operate secure and compliant services for agency deployment?
CivicActions is seeking a creative and enthusiastic Security/Compliance Engineer to join our growing (security minded) SRE and DevSecOps team. We are a service and user-oriented group, focused on engineering robust software delivery infrastructure, automation, processes, and teams. The things we build will play an integral role in developing and supporting digital services for federal and state government agencies to help them serve the public better.
CivicActions is a dedicated, fun-loving team, looking for some talented folks to help us bring revolutionary digital services to government agencies and the people they serve.
- Gather evidence, artifacts and applicable controls to produce a System Security Plan (SSP) and/or other compliance docs as needed by our client agencies
- Direct the automation of system compliance and authorization for client services (to make your job easier!)
- Train developers, operations and clients in the use and benefits of automated compliance
- Help define and validate a more complete CI/CD pipeline with security baked in
- Write great code and documentation
- Shape systems and outcomes related to our development process and product experience
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills
- Experience managing compliance for GNU/Linux and cloud environments
- Understanding of security principles such as server hardening and least privilege
- Continuous monitoring concepts and alerts management
- Security certification is a plus (e.g., Security+, CCSP, CISSP, ...)
- Willingness and ability to work remotely (e.g., fast and stable net connection, ...)
- Experience with pentesting/scanning tools (e.g., CodeClimate, OpenSCAP, ZAP…)
Sound good so far? Great, keep reading!
CivicActions is a mission-minded company focused on transforming government through modern software practices. We are looking for others like us with a true passion for using technology to make a positive change in our world. We work in cross-functional, agile teams where communication is open and honest. We encourage and support a balanced lifestyle for each of our team members.
Our team is almost entirely distributed (remote) across the US and Canada. For this position, you can normally work from home or find a great co-working space, although occasional on-site visits and working sessions with clients in Sacramento will be necessary. You will need a computer, webcam, strong internet connection and the ability to keep a Monday to Friday schedule because we are a truly collaborative team. Ideally, your timezone will be within the continental United States.
U.S. citizenship is required for this position as will be a security clearance once you join. Occasional travel to client work sites will also be required.
What You Will Do
You will be a member of a six-person Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team responsible for maintaining and evolving the operational infrastructure for the Let’s Encrypt certificate authority. You will work closely with our application software developers and management to plan and implement the future of the certificate authority, its software applications, and its policies and procedures.
We provide secure and reliable service to more than 150 million websites around the world. We expect this number to grow rapidly. As such it’s a unique opportunity to have an enormous impact on creating a more secure and privacy-respecting Web.
In some organizations, the people responsible for deploying applications are left out of the full application development lifecycle. They are simply handed something at the end and told “make this run reliably, securely, and efficiently” while the infrastructure management role is devalued or taken for granted. That is not how we do things at Let’s Encrypt. SRE is part of the application development lifecycle from start to finish and we heavily invest in enabling and building infrastructure that is reliable, secure, and efficient. SRE is given latitude, time, and resources to do things The Right Way.
Automation is central to everything you and your team will build and maintain. You will automate operations extensively for the sake of security, scalability, correctness, compliance, and financial efficiency. You will make sure that when something does need to be done manually, it can be done in a safe and efficient manner. Our focus on automation means we are particularly interested in candidates with software engineering skills.
Our physical infrastructure includes servers, storage, switches, firewalls, and HSMs deployed across two highly secure data centers. While the majority of our infrastructure runs on our own hardware, we do use external cloud and CDN providers for some peripheral systems.
We use open source software (e.g. Linux, Prometheus, Grafana, SaltStack) extensively and prefer it when it can get the job done. The core CA application software that your team will be responsible for deploying is open source and written by our software development team.
Effective engineers know how to properly prioritize and communicate well. We will be looking for those skills in candidates.
- Two years professional experience as a software developer
- An understanding of why writing tests for software is critical
- A willingness to travel approximately three times per year
- A willingness to be on-call (time split between six people)
- Personal organization ability so that people can depend on you (e.g. task lists, calendar management)
Skills You Will Need to Develop
We write most of our code in Go and Python. You don’t need to know these languages coming in but you will need to learn them.
You will need to develop systems and network administration skills if you haven’t already. This means, for example, learning to manage firewalls and routers, work with automation tools like SaltStack, and manage virtual machines on both physical and cloud infrastructure.
You will need to gain domain-specific knowledge (e.g. PKI) but you don’t need to know it coming in.
Location and Benefits
This is a remote position available anywhere in the United States or Canada.
Benefits include excellent health insurance, a 100% match for 401k contributions, and flexible time off and parental leave policies.
Development specialized on the free software project Open edX, used by many universities and companies to run online courses. See edx.org, stanford.edu or fun-mooc.fr for examples of Open edX instances.
The Open edX platform is a large Python/Django codebase, with good code standards and architecture (a lot of the edX engineers come from MIT). You would work on different clients contracts using the platform. The clients list/references include Harvard, MIT, edX themselves, the French government, and various startups & universities currently running their own instances, or looking to create one. Tasks are very varied, from developing core platform features, custom exercises and tools for specific courses (XBlocks), customizing and deploying instances, working fullstack, operating our service infrastructure, improving our hosting platform, etc. You won't get bored here.
Most of your work is published as free software (Open edX is released under the AGPL license, which requires clients to release modifications under the same license), and you would also contribute to the free software project, pushing most of your developments upstream through pull requests, contributing features, documentation or help on mailing-lists.
- 3+ years working with Python
- Experience with Python web frameworks, specifically Django
- Experience with unit testing
- You feel comfortable working in a Linux environment, specifically Debian or Ubuntu
- Experience with databases: MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Experience with contributing to free software projects, and communicating within a free software community
You would have to work with tasks from the following categories, but you would be able to pick up the skills on the job if you don't master this yet:
- DevOps experience, especially on Debian/Ubuntu servers, Terraform, Vault, Packer, Prometheus, ELK, Docker. We are building a modern infrastructure and having a strong DevOps presence on top of core software engineering skills is a big plus with us.
- Cloud computing, like AWS or OpenStack
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible
- RabbitMQ, Redis & Elasticsearch
- git source control
- Mobile development (iOS and/or Android)
- Managing clients & projects from beginning to completion (senior developer)
- Public speaking at conferences (you would present a talk every year at the Open edX Con)
We are a team of twenty developers, all working remotely from Europe, North & South America, Asia & Australia. You would arrive at a critical moment, as we scale up to handle increasing demand from clients on the edX platform. The company is not affiliated with edX, but contributing and working with them on various projects. This is a full time position, were you would be able to work remotely from anywhere you want, as long as you have a good internet connexion. : )
Loop Media Group is building the world’s most advanced mobile offers platform. We deliver real-time offers directly to the mobile phones of an app’s audience, enabling local business to attract new customers, develop meaningful relationships, and obtain immediate in-depth data on their existing consumer preference. We are looking for a highly motivated, collaborative Software Developer to work with our Core Platform & API team. You’ll work with our amazing engineering team to extend and support our core micro-service platform architecture. At GetintheLoop, you’ll get plenty of opportunities to grow, you’ll collaborate daily with other amazing Engineers, and you’ll play an active role in shaping our product and the future of our company.
• Extend our core technology platform using the latest AWS/Serverless microservice cloud technologies
• Help build & test integrations with our Client SDKs and core consumer apps
• Automate testing and deployments to ensure correct functionality and performance at scale
• Ensure that the live operations of the platform has appropriate monitoring & alerting that allow issues to be identifed and addressed quickly and effectively
• Work with latest cloud-based infrastructure tools and concepts to deliver everything above
• Participate in product and feature planning to constructively solve problems quickly and communicate the results to the rest of the company
• Report on progress and release schedules to the Technical Director, API & Platform
Required Skills and Experience
• Excellent communication skills and a sense of humor
• A degree in of Computer Science or related field, with 2-4 years of practical software development experience
• A solid understanding of REST principles and how they apply to network services and applications
• Experience with the basics of OO software design, Test Driven Development (TDD), and development for Linux-based systems
• A passion for programming, a proactive attitude, and an ability to work independently
• Specific experience with any parts of our tech stack are a major plus. This includes AWS (in particular Lambda , S3, DynamoDB, RDS, Kinesis, etc.), PostgreSQL & PostGIS, Node.js, Docker, Git
• Startup experience and a public Github account are also both pluses
BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists. Were already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like LinkedIn, Salesforce, Visa, Deloitte, and Logitech.
This is a remote role, anywhere in the US!
Your responsibilities will include
Product Engineer - Collaborate with designers and stakeholders to craft consumer grade experiences with SPA frontend (Ember) and RESTful backend (Ruby on Rails).
Lean and Agile Owner - Collaborate with cross functional teams to distill and synthesize requirements into discreet and meaningful iterations that can be implemented quickly to facilitate tight feedback loops and learning via data and metrics. Leverage Lean Startup and Agile methodologies along with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment infrastructure to rapidly prototype and validate ideas.
Data Spelunker - Answer business questions and influence product roadmap decisions using statistical analysis, ad-hoc reporting, or machine learning algorithms for offline modeling. Enable team members to answer questions with data systems and processes that leverage quantitative and qualitative inputs.
Operational Maintainer - Build scalable and tolerant systems using container technologies (Docker) and cloud infrastructure (AWS) as well as internal tooling to accelerate product development cycles.
You will be successful if you
Act as an owner - It’s not done until it’s in production. Adept at moving projects forward and able to unblock projects regardless of role on the project.
Do less, deliver more - Familiar with the terms YAGNI and yak shaving? Focus your efforts on high impact initiatives that really move the needle.
Impress yourself - We hold ourselves to a quality above and beyond something that “just gets it done”. Each line of code is an opportunity to blend craftsmanship with playfulness.
Collaborate without ego - Willing to take on roles small or large in order to further the mission at hand.
Stay on your edge - Continuously learning and applying emerging technologies. Pushing yourself and your team to new heights.
And if you have
5+ years relevant experience, at least part of which in a startup environment
Alignment with BetterUp mission and enabling behavior change
Succeeded in a remote work environment
Frontline maintainer of "production" consumer application (volume, support, debugging)
Strong experience with automated testing patterns
Ruby on Rails, Ember.js, Gitflow, Docker
Experienced in Agile product development processes (SCRUM, Kanban, Lean Startup, etc)
Expert in current web technologies (HTTP, REST, Web Sockets, etc)
Strong verbal and written communication
We provide amazing benefits, but if you ask the team, they’ll tell you that the greatest benefit we offer employees is an incredibly meaningful mission and transformative work.
Full coverage medical, dental and vision insurance
Unlimited use, at your own discretion, vacation policy
14 paid annual holidays
5 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
5 “Volunteer Days” to give back
Professional development through BetterUp coaching for you and a significant other
401(k) self contribution
A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
We're looking for a well-rounded and experienced full stack developer strong in both front-end (CSS, HTML, React, etc) and backend (NodeJs, Redis, Mongo, Serverless). The perfect candidate can take a mock-up, have a conversation about the feature/interaction, and can build that interaction as a working application (CSS, HTML, React, Node-based API, etc). The right fit for our team has a love for coding and learning, works well in a fully-remote environment and is a high-energy strong communicator who can join an expert team and work with limited direction. This person would have at least 3 years of professional experience and preferably experience working remotely. The Work:
- Expand and evolve our social media dashboard and analytics platform used by thousands of journalists and broadcasters worldwide
- Build new features (screens, interactions, workflows) based on mockups and wireframes
- Build APIs and services that integrate with social media APIs (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)
- Help upgrade our systems from SOA to true microservices on AWS Lambda (Serverless)
- 100% remote team
- Platform based on React + Serverless + Mongo, etc
- Mobile apps built w/ React Native
- AWS Cloud-based hosted infrastructure
- Slack, Hangouts and other online collaboration tools
- 100% remote work
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive health, wellness and career benefits package
- Trust, autonomy, empowerment
- Demonstrable experience with ReactJs and NodeJs
- 3+ years web app development experience
- 2+ years of front-end development (HTML, CSS/SASS, etc)
- 2+ years of NodeJs experience
- Fluency in Git, GitHub and source code management concepts
- Social Media APIs (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Serverless framework (AWS Lambda) experience
- Microservices and/or SOA
- Previous remote work experience
- This is a 100% remote position, communication and self-direction are incredibly important
- You'll need a dedicated workspace (with a door)
- You must have a reliable high-speed internet connection (collaboration requires bandwidth)
Hundreds of thousands of businesses have bet their success on the reliability and performance of the Shopify platform. Uptime, resiliency and efficiency are critical to these businesses and as a result of Shopify’s rapid growth and massive scale, we have many interesting and challenging infrastructure problems to solve.
At the heart of this platform are Shopify’s core database systems. These systems, where we store all merchant and customer data, are built around the MySQL ecosystem of open source tools. Over the past several years, we have been hard at work scaling and improving our database infrastructure, handling almost two million queries per second at peak. Now, we want to take it to the next level and we need your help to get us there!
Responsibilities as a Database Engineer:
As a member of Shopify’s Production Engineering organization and the Datastores team, you’ll be directly responsible for the scalability, availability, and integrity of the Shopify database infrastructure.
As a Database Engineer, your day to day activities will include working closely with the support and development teams, some traditional database administration (DBA) work and some modern systems administration work (managing cloud infrastructure). As we continue to grow and scale, we need to achieve as much as possible through automation and hands-off management. We need your help, your experience, and your crazy ideas to design, build, and deploy the next generation of database management infrastructure to expand on what we have built to keep it truly world-class.
We are currently running a cloud based state-of-the-art stack on Google’s Compute Engine and Container Engine. Our next challenges involve moving all our systems, including MySQL itself, as containerized services running under Kubernetes.
All members of Production Engineering, including leads, also participate in an on-call rotation.
You’ll need to:
Have experience with the administration, operation, and performance tuning of MySQL, ideally in a Linux environment.
Maintain an understanding of modern solutions to deploy services at scale.
Be proficient in at least one programming language, and have the ability to read, write and understand scripts in languages such as Ruby, Python, or Go.
Have an insatiable appetite to grow and learn how to manage systems at scale. It would be great if you:
Understand modern high availability (HA) designs for MySQL, and have used MySQL HA-management solutions, such as Orchestrator.
Have experience with MySQL proxies, such as ProxySQL.
Understand containerization and deployment on Linux using technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
Are up-to-speed and comfortable with cloud infrastructure, designs, and tools for Google Cloud and/or Amazon Web Services.
Have some familiarity with existing cloud-managed “Database as a Service” solutions, such as Google’s Cloud SQL or Amazon’s RDS/Aurora.
Are competent using git for version control and especially using GitHub for pull requests, reviews, and issue management.
Are familiar with the ecosystem of Open Source software used in production web environments, such as Rails, Redis and memcached.
Some things you’ll be working on in your first few months:
Learn about Shopify’s MySQL-based database infrastructure and get comfortable working safely and efficiently in it.
Work on the projects that will allow us to offer to our internal customers a standardized “Database as a Service” platform which would cover absolutely all their needs, including HA, data integrity, schema migrations and changes, security, monitoring and alerts.
Test (and try to break) our high availability systems in interesting new ways, and work out the kinks found in the process.
Respond to internal support requests from other teams to help ensure their success in developing their own applications or supporting their customers.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application. Please take some time to tell us why you’d be an awesome addition to our team and how this role would be a fit for you!
What are we looking for?
A talented Lead Front-End Developer to join our fast growing startup. The FED will be results driven with a strong ability to manage other FED’s delivering projects from inception through implementation whilst ensuring technical best practice, UI/UX feasibility and application optimization with maximum speed and scalability are met.
- Implement responsible web design principles to ensure that our app/website renders well across multiple devices.
- Collaborate with back-end developers and UX designers to improve usability
- Monitor website performance, watch for traffic drops related to site usability problems and rectify issues
- Develop code libraries that can be used for multiple projects
- Write functional requirement documents and guides
- Experience working on web applications based on Vue.js or React
- Interest in using Vue.js and its associated concepts to build a scalable web application
- Great working knowledge of Git
- A team-player, willing to help others through code review and pair programming
- Open minded and always willing to further your own learnings
- Quality oriented, a solid eye for detail, and good knowledge of data structures & algorithms
- Bonus skills : Experience with Hybrid/Native App development, NativeScript/React Native, Cloud Services (Firestore, AWS)
- Excellent communicator
- A genuine interest in learning about the property industry.
Why You Should Join Us?
- Work in an open and collaborative office with a great culture
- Career evolution with the flexibility to move in a direction that suits your strengths and interests
- Be an important part of building a revolutionary product in the real estate market
- Work with a passionate team of open minded developers
- We encourage developers to research new technologies and further their knowledge
Soofa is a seed-stage, leading IoT startup who is revolutionizing the way we communicate in cities. We develop technology like the Soofa Sign to help urban dwellers take the pulse of their city and connect with each other in real time.
We are looking for a Senior Firmware Developer to join our rapidly growing team and create the next generation of the world-class Soofa Sign.
- Design and debug hardware systems for our next generation of Soofa Sign displays and Soofa Data sensor systems
- Generate innovative solutions for product-level problems, like increasing power, heat, or connectivity performance
- Debug existing hardware/software
- Specific examples of embedded systems work
- Specific examples of problem-solving related to wholistic IoT systems
- Specific examples of scaling products
- Applied experience with radio/comms systems (especially WiFi!)
- Publicly accessible code repositories showing Strong C language skills
- Stellar professional references
- A high-energy personality who thrives in a fast-paced, changing environment (#startuplife)
- Basic professional capabilities, like time management and interpersonal/communication skills
- A highly transparent worker; excited to meticulously keep all projects on company-wide Asana account
- Ability to empathize with and synthesize non-technical points of view, like those of salespeople or customers
- Ability to quickly distill expectations and requirements of a project and turn them into action items
Bonus Points For
- Experience with particle electron
- Experience with ad tech
- Expertise in data science
- Cloud software development
- Electrical engineering experience
- Testing frameworks
- Managing other engineers
- Being a smart city nerd
Perks of Working with Soofa
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous healthcare and parental leave packages
- Dog-friendly office
- Team lunches every Friday
- Team activities like ski trips, camping, Whiskey Wednesdays, etc.
- Strong company culture focused on working hard, playing hard, and caring about each other like a family
SENIOR VUE.JS DEVELOPER
We are a growing company with an internal development team that is working on amazing new projects and looking for a Vue.js Developer to further improve our performance and help us build our Cloud Archiving solution. You will be responsible for maintaining and developing highly-intuitive user interface and will collaborate closely with Design, Application Engineering and QA to specify, build, test and deploy new features. You will not only be a great contributor to the quality of our code, but also have important input on our UX strategy, as well as the opportunity to help us build our technical landscape, participate in developing our design system and share your expertise in front-end development with the rest of the team.
- Define coding standards and best practices for the front end
- Write well-documented, extensible code that is easy to maintain and that adheres to predefined coding standards
- Own the overall quality of code including unit testing and functional testing
- Find and address performance issues
- Work collaboratively and consult with our development team, provide guidance to the development process and perform code reviews
- Assist in the architecture, development and integration of software components into fully functional software systems
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and discuss potential solutions to problems
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in front-end web development
- Minimum 1 year of extensive experience with Vue.js, alternatively with Angular/React
- Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 including preprocessors
- Expert knowledge of jQuery and BootStrap
- Experience with Single Page Applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Motivation to learn new technologies, continually improve and work with little direction by understanding business goals and performing self-directed research
Bonus points for experience with:
- Writing unit tests
- Local Storage and ES6
What we offer:
- Full-time remote position
- Flexible hours ‒ it’s about getting the work done, not about when desk chairs are filled
- High-end laptop and other equipment
- Great working atmosphere with regular team building activities
- A chance to be part of a casual, but highly professional international team
- Conferences, trainings and events
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Exposure to emerging technologies and practices (Cloud, AWS...)
If you think we'd be a good fit, please send us a cover letter and resume in English.
We are a full-spectrum e-commerce platform, used and loved by thousands of entrepreneurs all over the world. We have offices in Portland, Sydney and Manila.
We are growing fast and we’re looking for an experienced DevOps engineer to work closely with our CTO in Sydney. If you’re not already in Australia, we’re open to sponsoring the right candidate so you can move to Sydney (about the most awesome and livable city in the world in our opinion).
Our engineering team is a friendly and cosmopolitan bunch - British, French, American, Brazilian, Chinese, Slovakian, in fact from pretty much everywhere. They pride themselves on competence, no corporate-BS, transparency and flexible working. Everyone at Selz works from home or from the office whenever they want - wherever helps them most to do great work.
One of our strategic goals is to provide our merchants with an exceptional, high-availability experience. We rely on the health, scalability and security of our ever-expanding cloud infrastructure to do that.
So we are looking for talented and experienced engineers who know how to manage and contribute to our cloud infrastructure. You will be an “engineer to the engineers”, helping them to understand and leverage our infrastructure and platform to deliver even better features. Your contributions will have a lasting impact on Selz as we expand and evolve.
What we're looking for
Your main responsibilities will be to:
Build and scale our cloud-based infrastructure
Propose and implement design improvements
Ensure high availability of production and pre-production systems
Define automated pipelines that enable engineers to build, test and deploy their code
Help engineers to operate and monitor services in production
It would be great if you have:
Solid foundation in Computer Science
Familiarity with micro services architecture, runtime analysis, and deployment
Expert level proficiency in Linux and Windows
Experience in system automation – Majority of work includes writing and enhancing automation tools and infrastructure
Knowledge of monitoring and alerting tools to track issues and continually improve the availability of systems. We want an alerting system where everything is actionable and automated
Experience tuning and analyzing performance at all levels: OS, Docker containers and the application
Knowledge of security hardening and analysis – IDS/IPS, log analysis, alerting
Network analysis and troubleshooting experience – VPN, NAT, DNS, subnets, firewalls, TLS, tcpdump, wireshark, apparmor
Prior experience implementing Disaster Recovery and Backups
You'll fit in if…
You want to be part of a team that cares about transparency, no BS, doing great work and having fun whilst you are doing it
You want to be part of a modern, global, rapidly expanding company that is doing something exciting
You’re organized and a good manager of time
You think and act creatively to solve problems
You are a good communicator and collaborator (essential as this a remote role)
You take things very personally and are willing to go the extra mile
Ubuntu, Windows, AWS, Redis, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, NGINX and IIS.
A competitive salary
Access to stock options
Live in Sydney - like the most totally awesome and livable city in the world
Surfing, snorkeling, BBQs and beaches (see above)
We’re open to sponsoring the right candidate if you’re not already in Sydney
Here’s where we are now:
We are operating in Amazon Web Services. Our services are mainly deployed on EC2 provisioned with Terraform.
We also heavily use other technology on AWS such as DynamoDB, S3, and RDS.
Our backend includes a data ingestion web service with supporting Kinesis consumers, along with a growing array of Spark projects. It’s written mostly in Scala, with a smattering of Python for lambda functions.
We sit somewhere in the middle of the “Scala as a worse Haskell” and “Scala as a better Java” spectrum. We love functional programming and we do make use of libraries like cats, but at the same time we heavily favor core language features and have no intention of rewriting everything using Free Monads.
Our web app UI is written in Typescript with Angular2 and a supporting API running on Node, and is deployed and monitored using much the same supporting tech as the backend.
Other services we use include: GitHub, CircleCI, DataDog.
Here are some examples of projects that we would like some help with:
Data analytics pipelines to drive the interactive report UIs. For example: reports for yield forecasting and deal pre-qualification.
Implementing additional infrastructure to support transactions for more types of data.
Improving the latency and resource usage of our transaction processes.
Have experience in a typed functional language such as Scala or F#, or significant experience in their non-functional equivalents (Java, C#) with an interest in Scala.
Have experience working with non-trivial quantities of data. As of this writing, our ingestion pipelines are handling something on the order of 500GB .snappy.parquet files per day. Prior work with Spark would be ideal, but experience with similar MapReduce-based technologies would also be helpful.
Have experience operating in a cloud environment like Amazon Web Services, Google Compute Engine, or similar.
Be able to work across all aspects of back end systems, from application code to SQL to systems administration.
Not be afraid of contributing to the entire stack (from the UI to Devops) when the need arises.
Scala or other typed functional languages
These days, data is everywhere and has immense benefits for businesses. Companies that have data can sell it to companies that need it to improve their business; a win-win situation. However, current data discovery and distribution inefficiencies slow this win-win situation down to a grinding halt.
Narrative simplifies the data landscape by automating the hard-to-navigate world of data acquisition and distribution into two, easy-to-use software platforms.
Narrative's Acquire platform gives businesses access to massive amounts of raw data across many suppliers. With full transparency, companies know exactly what they’re getting and which suppliers it came from.
Narrative's Distribute platform standardizes and deduplicates data, giving companies instant demand for their data and new, turn-key revenue streams.
On top of that, everything is automated, centrally managed with actionable analytics and aligns with GDPR compliance.
In a world where raw data is fueling businesses, Narrative is the platform that powers the data economy.
Perks & benefits
Health, dental, and vision insurance
Flexible vacation & paid time off
Relaxed and engaging workplace
Since its beta launch in 2017, Proxy has experienced a higher growth rate than any other Twilio product in their first two quarters of life. Companies like GrubHub, Fedex, and Dominos have been onboarded in less than a couple of weeks! The next few quarters will be crucial for Proxy: We need to scale it and bring it to GA - Proxy is a key component of Twilio Flex and we are expecting a sharp traffic growth. Come join us if you get excited to see your product taking off across so many users. We need to build a whole new set of features - Proxy is evolving to become the next big Twilio Engagement Cloud pillar after Twilio Flex. Come join us if you are passionate about creating solutions that open new markets.As a Technical Lead you will be responsible for:
- Driving architecture and building systems for multiple orders of magnitude of growth.
- Take full end-to-end ownership of your services, from designing to operations and monitoring in production.
- Have the opportunity to mentor and help grow engineers.
- Working alongside Product in brainstorming ideas, defining, scoping and planning work.
As a hands-on Tech Lead at Twilio, you are empowered to create wonderful experiences for our customers, who are developers and builders.
- You will be tackling some of the world's most complex distributed system challenges, at an enormous scale, while maintaining a 99.999% of both API availability and success rate. There's no maintenance windows ever at Twilio.
- You are excited when you release something that makes it easier for a developer to focus on the creative side of code.
- You think about how your product will help the customer that spends $10s of millions with Twilio, and the customer who hasn't spent $1 yet.
- You will own, create and operate REST APIs and infrastructure to support the world's largest brands. These services will transform the way people operate their business.
- Your services will go from concept to sustained exponential growth in a very short period of time.
- You enjoy getting the MVP out the door, and you know that to take services to scale require developing a complex distributed platform and will be concerned with availability, throughput, latency and real-time responsiveness.
- You have experience in a functional programming language, ideally in Scala. -Bachelor's degree in a computer science related field or equivalent experience is a minimum requirement.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science related field or equivalent experience is a minimum requirement.
Massdrop Engineering is a small, fast-moving team dedicated to fundamentally changing the way enthusiast communities buy and interact online. We’re looking to grow our engineering team with a seasoned web developer who ideally has experience with React and Node.
As a Principal Software Engineer you will be a key contributor to technology at Massdrop. You’ll have direct impact on the company by leading development of some big and exciting projects. You’ll work closely with Engineering, Product, Design and Data teams deliver amazing experiences to our enthusiast communities as we grow and scale.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate should be strong in a majority of the bullet points below:
- Able to turn business objectives into researched, working technical solutions.
- Have a history of strong technical ownership on past web development projects - were you the “go to” person to get something built/investigated/fixed?
- Have knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Feel comfortable in lead position - able to guide a small team to success on a large project.
- Understand the value of team processes and are able to help others abide by them.
- Are comfortable providing development time estimates, both rough and detailed.
- Have experience with “ops” work - able to resolve production breakages or emergencies while maintaining a cool head.
- Have strong written and verbal communication - especially when interacting with other disciplines such as Product Management and Design.
- Enjoy mentoring others.
And proficient with most of:
- MySQL or other relational db
- AWS or other cloud environment
Who We Are
Massdrop is community-driven commerce. We design products with input from our members and give them a place to connect, learn, and shop with people who share their interests.
The engineering team contains of a number of seasoned developers who have scaled web apps beyond 10M daily active users. With our combined experiences we’ve distilled good practices and processes to ensure a healthy, sane, and efficient work environment. We’re all about quality engineering, not big egos; the best ideas win here.
If this sounds like the right environment for you to continue your software engineering career, then please submit an application. We’d love to talk with you!
Location: Paris, France or remote
Software Heritage is hiring: seeking a Paris-based full-time devops engineer
Software Heritage is an ambitious nonprofit, entirely Free/Open Source Software (FOSS) project that aims at collecting, organizing, preserving for the very long term, and sharing all publicly available software in source code form, together with the corresponding complete development history (e.g., from a Version Control System) where available. The Software Heritage archive already contains about 6 billion unique source code files and 1 billion commits, retrieved from more than 80 million software projects.
We are looking for a senior devops engineer with either strong (Python) programming skills and a pronounced interest in (GNU/Linux) system administration or strong system administration skills and backend programming experience, to grow our operations team. The team is in charge of guaranteeing reliability of our day-by-day archiving activities, integrity of the Software Heritage archive in collaboration with mirror operators, and maintaining an efficient development environment for our developers.
The right candidate will:be a strong critical thinker and efficient problem solver, be able to communicate and work collaboratively with team members, be able to dig deeply into technical details, configurations, and scripting, lead incident response, diagnosis and follow-up on system outages or alerts across the entire infrastructure, have a knack for keeping the complexity of large, heterogeneous distributed system under control.
As senior devops engineer you will primarily work with the following technologies:Debian GNU/Linux, Puppet, PostgreSQL, Distributed architecture (RabbitMQ, Kafka), Icinga/Prometheus/ELK monitoring, Proxmox, KVM virtualization, LXC and Docker containers, large scale object storage (Ceph, cloud-based object storages), AWS and Azure, POSIX shell scripting, Python programming.
Working knowledge or interest of the following techniques and technologies would be a plus:highly scalable architectures, microservice based architectures, event driven infrastructures, IaaS/PaaS cloud offerings, Debian packaging, REST API principles, C system programming.
A successful candidate will have strong system administrator skills and programming fluency in at least a couple of system- and/or application-level programming languages, as well as a solid track record of participation in existing FOSS projects and communities.
All the code developed as part of this position will be developed openly and released under a FOSS license.
Workplace and salary
The job should be worked on-site at Inria’s Paris headquarters. Remote work might be an option, depending on the candidate and on their willingness to visit headquarters on a regular basis.
The salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
NAVIS is looking for a creative, motivated, full stack Senior Software Developer to join us as a critical member of our Engineering Team. (This position will be virtual / remote from the Portland, OR area).
The primary focus of this position is coding creative, operational software that enhances our products. The Engineering Team has multiple projects that often start at the concept stage and develops new products and/or product features from scratch. Our products are constantly evolving with our client needs – we are not simply maintaining existing products.
This is a full SDLC development position. The Software Developer must be willing to take on all aspects of the development process, and be ready to support applications in production environments. He/she will be asked to test code sets, document software, and implement products and related solutions. Expert knowledge of design patterns and software development best practices must be shown at all times.
The Software Developer will be tasked with analyzing, identifying, and solving highly-complex issues related to software development and related technologies. As needed, this person may be involved in the mentoring of more junior-level developers on the technical aspects of our products, technology, and related software tools. This developer needs to have a willingness to do whatever it takes to make the products and the company successful.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- At least four (4) years of software development experience in Java 8+ in a cloud based environment such as AWS
- Experience working with three or more from the following list: SpringBoot 2.0, microservices, Postgres, Docker, Hibernate, AWS, CI/CD pipelines
- Comfortable working part-time in legacy systems based on Clojure, .NET, MicrosoftSQL, and on-premise data center
- Good verbal and written communications proficiency in English
- Master’s or PhD degree, further education or experience in Engineering, Computer Science or other technology-related field
- Experience with more than one general purpose programming languages, including but not limited to: Java, C/C++, C#, Objective C, Python, ReactRedux, or Go
- Experience developing RESTful JSON API driven microservices architecture
- Experience with AWS Lambdas
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages, as needed
- Bend, Oregon (relocation assistance package available)
- Portland, Oregon (remote / virtual)
Our tech stack is as follows: Java, React/Redux, Postgres, Microservices, Containers, Python, Spark, CI/CD, IaC, AWS
We are looking for a passionate Senior Customer Engineer to bring Pulumi’s cloud programming model to the world. You will be a part of realizing a vision where every developer can program the cloud.
In this customer-facing engineering role, you will be the center of successful implementations of Pulumi with our newest users. It will be your job to take the shared vision of a customer deal and deliver on it: from assessing our customer environment, building a customized deployment plan, and working internally and externally to ensure our customers are happily using all of the Pulumi power they purchased.
Expect to be challenged, learn, teach, and collaborate with a world class team of great people.
Pulumi is headquartered in Seattle, WA. This role is home office, preferably based on the East Coast to best serve our customers there. If you prefer a co-working space, that can be arranged. We are committed to our remote workforce and building a cohesive team.
In This Job You Will:
Work with customers across their entire lifecycle - from pre-sales (demos, answering inbound questions, reaching out to new users) to post-sales (on-boarding, technical reviews, answering support tickets.)
Create technical materials for customers - examples, guides, demo scripts, product briefs, etc.
Onboard enterprise customers, optimizing Pulumi for their environment.
Close the loop between customers, product, and engineering teams, championing the product to the customer, and bringing their requirements to the roadmap.
Listen and respond; build and advise on the best technical choices for our customers.
Be challenged, solve new problems, teach about our technologies, and figuring out new, better ways to delight our customers.
To Be Successful In This Role, You Have:
Pre- or Post- Sales experience using devops products with enterprise customers.
A commitment to user experience, customer optimization and successful implementation of new products.
Deep familiarity with core web technologies, Open Source technologies, and public cloud platforms.
Exceptional customer management, presentation and communication skills.
BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
Pulumi is reimagining how developers and DevOps teams create and manage cloud software, through a unique combination of developer tools and system innovation. The company leads with an open source platform that embraces real programming languages, tools, and techniques, and offers an innovative SaaS product that helps team collaborate.
Pulumi was founded in 2017 by developer and cloud experts from many corners of our industry to deliver innovative approaches to cloud software development. Since emerging from stealth in mid-2018, we are accelerating our platform momentum and product adoption. The team is built on a culture of openness, diversity, respect, and thinking big.
PeopleDoc is on a mission to revolutionize how every HR function provide services to their employees.
Our unique “state of the art” HR Service Delivery platform provides HR teams with the tools they need to provide great services while considerably decreasing the manual work behind the scenes and allowing companies to go paperless in their administration.
The PeopleDoc HR Service Delivery platform helps HR teams more easily answer employee requests on demand, automate employee processes, across multiple locations.
PeopleDoc serves more than 1000 clients with employees in 180 countries in 12 languages with a 100% customer retention rate. PeopleDoc is now a part of Ultimate Software. Ultimate Software is a Leader for Cloud HCM Applications.
More information is available at www.people-doc.com.
Job Description/ Job Summary:
The mission of a SRE at PeopleDoc is to secure, administrate and maintain the production infrastructure as it were a software, you will contribute in building our fault tolerant, highly scalable and low latency services on virtual and bare-metal servers over data centers in different regions of the globe . The profile needed is so a combination of sysadmin knowledge and strong skills in software development. Remote workers are welcome too !
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Design and maintain the cloud infrastructure hosting PeopleDoc services
- Collect and monitor KPIs (availability, response time, time to deploy) and ensure that they meet our SLAs
- Lead the scalability & capacity planning strategy
- Work with other teams to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve high impact issues
- Team player with good communication skills
- Experience in automation tools (Ansible, Salt, Puppet or Chef) and CI/CD principles
- Experience with Cloud services (AWS or Openstack) and its APIs
- Good Linux system administration skills (DNS, RabbitMQ, Redis, HAProxy)
- Experience with one programming language (Python, Java, Go) and Shell scripting
- Good Networking knowledge (TCP/IP, Linux routing and firewall)
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to pursue the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. We help people around the world do exceptional things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Often, what you can do with our products is only limited by what you can dream up. We believe that diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one unified team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries. Thanks to our ongoing expansion we have the opportunity to grow our Cloud Application Security team.
We're a part of the Elastic Cloud team with a focus on finding security flaws in complex distributed systems and coming up with creative and approachable solutions that enable developers to ship secure code.
We’re looking for people who are just as passionate about uncovering an obscure security vulnerability as they are about working with developers to ship more secure code. Would you like to focus on building and maintaining Application Security program that will be used throughout the industry?
What you will be doing:
Take shared ownership in driving the creation and implementation of a best-in-class application security program for Elastic Cloud.
Take ownership for the offensive security program, including penetration testing, red team activities, and security research.
Responsible for manual code analysis, proof of concept exploit code development, and deploying automated solutions to do the same.
Be a proponent and champion of a DevSecOps culture and environment for a large team of highly talented developers and engineers
What you bring along:
A history of uncovering, exploiting, and remediating application or system security flaws.
A deep understanding of coding and scripting languages such as Java and Python, Scala, among others and can easily adapt to other languages quickly and efficiently.
Knowledge of and experience with manipulating protocols and libraries in order to compromise the security of a set of systems or code
Previous work as a developer for a large code base and collaboration with engineers and developers
You have hands on experience in both using and securing Linux based systems and containers
You've worked on open source projects before and are familiar with different styles of source control workflow and continuous integration and management (GitHub, Terraform, Ansible, RunDeck, etc).
Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
Passionate people building excellent products
Employees with a wide variety of interests
Pear Deck is founded by teachers on a mission to help educators engage their students. We create active learning solutions that leverage student devices to support formative assessment, meaningful engagement, and improved classroom equity.
We’re looking for someone who gets energy in a dynamic role, who would enjoy helping other developers with tools, monitoring our services in Kubernetes, and helping our team understand acute technical issues.
Things you may do on a given day:
- Stand up with the cross-functional product team and agree on top priorities for the day
- Monitor production systems for disruptions to valuable classroom time and react quickly
- Review a PR
- Fix a bug
- Make improvements to our CI/CD pipeline
- Talk with another dev about recent improvements to our internal tooling
- Identifying potential projects to cut our cloud spend
- Develop a plan to make monitoring or operational improvements
- Twiddle some knobs in the GCP console while building long-term IaC solutions
- Improve our workflow orchestration
Prior to this, it is likely you:
- Have worked well with non-technical leaders and technical leaders alike
- Worked with service-oriented architecture and other infrastructure patterns
- Used programming design patterns
- Have demonstrated honesty, determination, brilliance, and humility
About Pear Deck
Pear Deck is a five-year-old funded startup headquartered in Iowa City, IA, focused on delivering powerful learning moments to every student, every day. By joining Pear Deck at this stage in our growth, you will be getting in during an exciting time as we expand our team while maintaining our humanity. So, if you like the idea of working on a close-knit crew as we face the challenges of scaling both our customers and our team, this is the perfect time to jump in.
We value diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to join our team. We believe a wealth of perspectives helps Pear Deck serve its teachers better. If you’re interesting in joining us on our mission, apply on our website.
CloudApp (https://www.getcloudapp.com/) is a customer experience led company focused on improving business workflows with our video messaging productivity apps. It's free apps help businesses communicate faster and get more done.
Now, we’re looking for a remote Full-Stack Developer to join our growing team. In this role, you’ll be working with our engineering team in all aspects of our CloudApp solution, from its front-end down to the infrastructure.
Strong Ruby, Node, JS, and/or Python experience
Testing and scaling up APIs
Modifying a large ruby on rails project
Designing and implementing ancillary microservice API endpoints
Going into older code bases to update and tweak new features
Strong dev-ops skills, comfortably hopping into AWS server to debug and tweak settings if needed
Full stack engineering experience, with strong system fundamentals
Experience with service-oriented architecture
Exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications
Strong industry experience in architecture and development of scalable production quality backend systems
Good understanding of distributed systems, data stores, data modeling, indexing and associated trade-offs
Experience developing APIs and SDKs a plus
Ability to work in a cross-functional team that touches many parts of the core systems at CloudApp
Work at all levels of the stack, (AWS, ruby, Node.JS, SQL, React, HTML, CSS), to build and maintain new CloudApp features
Take full ownership and responsibility for building, shipping, and maintaining core CloudApp features, end to end
Design and architect complex, reusable, and maintainable new systems, real-time interfaces, and visualizations, focusing not only on performance and scalability, but also on crafting a beautiful user experience
Build user interfaces that are crisp, consistent, and fast, that thrive under heavy customization and varying use cases, that encourage exploration, and that earn the trust of our customers through predictable, reliable, and thoughtful interactions
5+ years of professional ruby engineering experience
Ability to work from a permanent location (e.g. your home), and easily overlap with PST
Experience architecting, deploying and operating asynchronous distributed work queues, high-volume storage systems, and high-throughput systems
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” ten years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
*LI-YWe are seeking a Quality Architect for the Platform Services cloud.
In this role, you'll work with engineering managers, scrum masters, and dev leads across 20 Agile teams to assess test coverage, quality process maturity, and historical bug and case rates. You'll identify areas that are high risk either because of the nature of the code, the test coverage, or the work being done in a given release. You'll then engage directly with the teams at highest risk, helping them improve their test strategies and tooling, and making recommendations for product code changes to improve quality and testability. You'll monitor the quality of our major and patch releases, you'll represent the cloud in weekly executive review meetings, and you'll work closely with quality leads in other clouds to innovate and share best practices and standards.
Minimum 10 years of industry experience. Bachelor's degree or higher. Open to any Salesforce engineering office in North America.
We’re a rapidly growing startup transforming the way enterprises engage their customers when communicating over the phone. Some things that make us different include:
A team of founders. Most of us have either been founders or ‘first hire’ at startups that have been acquired or gone public. We know and love building products that create big companies.
We’re not your typical CRUD app. Our software runs across many different platforms (web/chrome/iOS/Android) and connects to a core communications infrastructure that we’ve built from scratch.
We love our customers. Whether it’s building resources, going on-site or staying up late with them on launch day, we go above and beyond to make them successful.
An experienced software engineer (7+ years) who has built non-trivial production systems and enjoys finding scalable solutions to interesting problems. You’ve worked across a variety of tech stacks and know how to pick the right tool for the job. You are not only comfortable tracking down and fixing production issues, but can anticipate where issues will arise before they do. You are the person your peers come to for help. The prospect of learning new technologies should excite you.
Designing and implementing new features and systems.
Assessing and fixing production incidents and bugs and putting in place systems to prevent them.
Be a technical resource for other members of the engineering team.
Mentoring junior engineers
7+ years work experience as a software engineer
Experience building highly-available backend services
Knowledge of relational databases
Desire to work on a small team that collaborates on technical and product ideas
Strong work ethic and team player
Experience working on the JVM
Experience with containers (Docker)
Nice To Have:
Experience working in Clojure.
Experience with telephony (Asterisk, Kamailio, SIP, RTP)
Experience with AWS (RDS, SQS, S3, Elasticache, ECS, Cloudformation, etc)
*We have an office in San Francisco, but half of us work remotely from all over the US. Check out a (totally unprompted!) blog post by one of our engineers about his experience working remotely at Truly.
As a DevOps Engineer, you are embedded within an engineering team and have one foot in operations, the other in development. You care deeply about uptime, reliability and automation. You help your colleagues make product changes quickly and all of us deliver value to our clients faster. You do things like help get new services into production, ensure effective monitoring and alerting and help us grow our infrastructure platform to accommodate the demands of a growing client base, and so forth.
You will fit in well with us, if you:
- Reside in North or South America. Yes, we are a distributed company, but since we are still small, we like to minimize the time zone spread within the team.
- Are an excellent communicator. In our small team, English is the official language. You need to be able to articulate complex ideas efficiently and effectively. When people do not share an office, it is essential to pay extra attention to communication.
- Have a solid technical background. You should have at least 5 years of professional experience and be able to point to a track record of caring about production systems with significant usage.
- Feel at home with Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Linux and shell scripting. You have been working in current cloud-based environments (such as AWS or GCP), but you don’t feel tied to one platform and generally appreciate picking the “right tool for the job.”
- Like to learn and strive to do so often. As a company we improve to the extent that our team does. It starts with each individual. Humility and an open mind help a lot.
- Ideally know what it is like to work in distributed development teams, or better yet, thrive in them. It probably means you already know you don’t need a structured office environment with a manager who checks in on you once a day. Likewise, you know that you will do best from your home office.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and the communities we serve.
Principals only please.
- Reside in North or South America. Yes, we are a distributed company, but since we are still small, we like to minimize the time zone spread within the team.
Who we are: Serverless is a Series A (Lightspeed Ventures, Trinity Ventures) startup that is changing the way cloud software is built and deployed. Our software is used by tens of thousands of developers from companies like EA, Coca-Cola, Nordstrom, and Nike, to get their cloud applications to market faster. We’re a small, distributed team that is obsessed with delivering value to developers.
As a Lead Solutions Architect you will serve in both a pre-sales and post-sales capacity to ensure the success of Serverless Framework Enterprise customers. You will achieve this primarily by working directly with customers and our sales team to provide technical expertise around our products, public cloud architectures, and operational strategies. We are a small but rapidly growing startup which means there will be plenty of opportunities to wear multiple hats, learn new skills, and grow your role along with the company.
During the pre-sales process, work with prospective customers to understand their requirements, provide technical and operational overviews of our solutions, give demonstrations, and assist with proof of concepts.
During the post-sales process, provide technical and operational assistance to customers to ensure their success with our solutions.
A background as a developer
3+ years experience in a technical, customer facing role (Technical Pre-Sales/Post-Sales/Sales Engineering/Solutions Architect, etc.).
Deep understanding of the AWS platform, particularly their serverless compute offerings.
Experience implementing public cloud infrastructure at mid to large enterprise companies.
Great interpersonal skills including the ability to establish trusted relationships internally and with our customers.
Great communication skills including the ability to ask probing questions and listen carefully. You should also be able to explain technology trends through narrative and story.
Experience with Serverless Framework.
Ability for roughly 20% travel.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
What you will do:
You'll help Patreon scale the foundation of a platform that helps creators pay rent and enables higher levels of creativity.
You'll establish a standard of high availability and reliability for Patreon's production systems.
You'll influence the direction of our technical roadmap.
Create and administer infrastructure -- cloud services, hosts, monitoring tools -- for highly reliable and scalable web applications and data stores.
Build automated tooling to configure and maintain our systems and services.
Identify and solve issues in our stack.
Work closely with your peers in security and engineering.
Participate in an on-call rotation ~1 week per month.
Projects you might work on:
Leveling up how we approach and handle logging.
Improving our deploy pipeline.
Revamp our approach to alerting.
Working with our security team to improve the security of our infrastructure.
Skills and experience you possess:
You have experience in DevOps or Site Reliability for a company experiencing fast-paced growth.
You are knowledgable in configuration management with a framework such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
You're comfortable with AWS, Linux, and MySQL can operate all of them from the CLI.
You are proficient with a programming language like Python or Ruby, and with shell scripting.
Your documentation, collaboration, and verbal communication skills are excellent.
You are inclined to automate, but can discern when automation isn't the best solution and present alternatives.
You've worked with continuous integration and deployment systems, and have ideas about how to build and improve those systems.
You strongly believe in the importance of security, and enjoy the idea of partnering with the security team to ensure the integrity of our customers' data.
You have productive habits, healthy process awareness, and good teamwork skills and instincts.
Overview of the role:
We're looking for a Site Reliability Engineer with a passion for scaling and technical problem-solving to help us grow our SaaS platform in the cloud. You’ll have an understanding of Node applications (MEAN stack) You’ll help our applications get the proper love and care they deserve. You'll investigate, develop, automate, and communicate to get the job done.
What awesome stuff you'll do:
Collaborate with other engineers to help solve problems ranging from systems security to build automation
Build tools to help developers to manage the applications in the SDLC
Work closely with other engineers to solve technical challenges and ensure continued application scalability
Research, develop and deploy tools to manage each part of the stack
Build systems and tools to automate deployment pipelines
Define and own best practices for our engineering teams and assist them in engaging these processes
Influence our infrastructure direction with your ideas
Stay current with industry trends, systems, and practices and teach others to help them level up
What you'll need to be successful:
A strong desire to innovate, experiment, collaborate and learn
High standards for quality and attention to detail
Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Experience deploying and maintaining a Node application
You’re a developer at heart and love to make tools to help other devs
Experience with cloud concepts and experience applying them to an app
Experience with application containerization (Docker)
Experience with monitoring and alerting platforms and tools
Bonus points for:
Experience with CircleCI, ECS, Kubernetes, GKE, Terraform, Spinnaker
Experience with ElasticSearch, Redis, Memcached
Experience with MongoDB, Postgres
Right now, we are looking for a project based position for our operations. Like the whole team you can work from anywhere. This is an opportunity for you to work and influence a fast growing SaaS service. You’ll work on our GraphHopper Directions API infrastructure and lead the architecture discussions, as well as taking care of failures and complications related to our cloud offering. And furthermore improve the system through more automation and testing. Travel is not required. The communication is mainly done through slack, Email and GitHub tickets.
- Develop software for our distributed systems and GraphHopper Directions API offerings
- Ability to work with a remote team and speak in English
- Active communication and discussion style
- Preference to self-learning
- Experience with automation (CI) and automate as much as possible
- Experience with Linux cluster administration
- Expertise with Ansible
- Experience or ability to respond to operational issues
- Expertise with bash or python scripting or Java
- Bachelor or MS Degree in Computer Science
- All team members take care of a good work-life balance
- Competitive pay
- You’ll be supported to speak about your work in blog posts or at conferences if you like
Our goal at Nash is to make trading, holding, and interacting with cryptocurrencies accessible to everyone. We are looking for DevOps engineers (remote) to assist with the deployment of our exchange matching engine, settlement layer, and APIs. You should be well versed in best practices for deploying, monitoring, and updating highly secure systems.
> Build infrastructure for the secure deployment and monitoring of our exchange services.
> Document your work thoroughly so that others can work with and build upon it.
> Engage in test-driven development practices.
> Work asynchronously with a fully remote team.
We are looking for
> 4+ years in a prior DevOps role.
> Experience managing cloud provider services (e.g., AWS GCP) using Terraform.
> Experience deploying highly secure systems (such as financial software).
> Experience managing cloud provider services (e.g., AWS GCP).
> Extensive knowledge of Kubernetes, microservice deployments, and CI/CD (Gitlab)
> Experience with managing distributed systems in Elixir.
We prefer but don't require
> 1+ years experience working with Elixir.
> Experience working in remote teams.
> A history of contributing to open source software.
> Experience working with OTP, Ecto, and Plug.
> Familiarity with Elixir typespecs.
Precision and correctness are two of your core values. Thanks in part to your formal CS education, you have an excellent understanding of algorithm performance and can make good decisions regarding tradeoffs. You know the fundamentals of how computers and networks operate and have programmed in a low level language such a C or Go. Your Node.js experience builds on top of these fundamentals and you have a complete understanding of the Node event loop.
You have experience building complex systems and keeping them humming. You find great satisfaction in solving challenges that only appear at scale. It helps that you're an expert at troubleshooting problems using a vast amount of logs generated across multiple services. Once you've identified a performance bottleneck, you know how to correct it.
Whilst you spend most of your time writing software, setting up infrastructure from time to time is no big deal and you're comfortable working with Linux, Docker and GCP/AWS.
Does this sound like you? If it does, join us and change the way modern web apps are built! You’ll be directly responsible for shaping the architecture behind our unique infrastructure. This is not just a standard webapp but a complex, highly elastic, multi-cloud browser rendering service consisting of mostly stateless and some stateful services.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help us develop, maintain and administer the TileDB cloud-based service.
Work as part of a team to develop a complete cloud-based service
Develop, unit test and validate components of Golang based services
Help design new service layers and advanced DB feature sets (ACL, SQL, etc)
Maintain production infrastructure
Our headquarters are located in Cambridge, MA. The candidates must be US or Greek citizens or permanent residents.
In-depth experience with Golang based REST services
Experience using Kubernetes for production service deployments
Experience with OpenAPI (Swagger) specifications
Experience with production MariaDB/MySQL usage and administration
Nice to Have
Devops experience with DNS, logging and monitoring
Experience debugging performance critical applications
C/C++ experience (i.e. CGO)
TileDB, Inc. offers very competitive compensation and benefits, which include:
Health Care Plan (Medical)
Stock Option Plan
Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)