Find a remote job in Software DevPost a job for $299
* B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience followed by 5+ years work experience in using SQL and databases in a business environment
* Expertise in Data Visualization
* Experience with LookML (Looker) will be an advantage
* Deep experience in the latest libraries and programming techniques
* Familiar with SQL/NoSQL databases like MongoDB and their declarative query languages
* Knowledge in using BI Analytics and related technologies
WHO YOU ARE
* You have accomplishments that showcase your capabilities by their success and technical depth.
* You own new features from idea to completion.
* Work well with a core team to design and execute major new features.
* Enjoy contributing to a fast moving exciting project
* Strong communicator and fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Thrive and excel in our diverse, distributed and agile team environment
We know that people do their best work when they’re taken care of. So we make sure to offer great benefits.
Competitive Vacation Package
Annual Financial Allowance for YOUR development
Flexible Family Leave
Clevertech Gives Back Program
Clevertech U (Leadership Program, Habit Building, New Skills Training)
Strong Clevertech Community
How We Work
Why do people join Clevertech? To make an impact. To grow themselves. To be surrounded by developers who they can learn from. We are truly excited to be creating waves in an industry under transformation.
True innovation comes from an exchange of knowledge across all of our teams. To put people on the path for success, we nurture a culture built on trust, collaboration, and personal growth. You will work in small feature-based cross-functional teams and be empowered to take ownership.
We make a point of constantly evolving our experience and skills. We value diverse perspectives and fostering personal growth by challenging everyone to push beyond our comfort level and try something new.
The result? We produce meaningful work
We hire people from a variety of backgrounds who are respectful, collaborative, and introspective. Members of the tech team, for example, come from diverse backgrounds having worked as copy editors, graphic designers, and photographers prior to joining Clevertech.
Our hiring process focuses not only on your skills but also on your professional and personal ambitions. We want to get to know you. We put a lot of thought into the interview process in order to get a holistic understanding of you while being mindful of your time. You will solve problems derived from the work we do on a daily basis followed by thoughtful discussions around potential fit. Whatever the outcome, we want you to have a great candidate experience.
Want to learn more about Clevertech and the team? Check out clevertech.careers.
TX Group Inc. is seeking motivated Artificial Intelligence Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers and Data Scientists to join our team. MTX Group Inc. (MTX) is a technology services company based out of Albany, NY. MTX specializes in the Salesforce platform, Mobile Apps, Web Apps, User Experience and User Interface Design. We are a growing team of passionate individuals and in our fast-paced environment, you will collaborate with a driven team on a daily basis. In collaboration with our team, this position will provide opportunities to develop state-of-the-art AI/ML products in production grade systems and work on bleeding-edge technologies. This is a great opportunity for practitioners to enhance their career in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Data Science industry.
- Research state-of-the-art algorithms in machine learning, particularly deep learning, to identify viable approaches to significant unsolved challenges for the Maverick AI platform
- Identify AI/ML solutions for video analytics, image analytics, audio analytics and big data analytics across but not limited to industry verticals like medicine, healthcare, disaster management and finserv
- Design solution prototypes and POC that connect data sources through the selected algorithms to a concrete use case
- Implement the algorithms, and test their efficacy and efficiency against real-world data, experimentation to improve accuracy
- Create robust applications hosted on cloud services ensuring availability and security for the end users. Testing the application for edge cases and creating a good user experience
- Deploy the solution in a production environment, with strong CI/CD pipeline to continuously update the solutions in place
- Create custom data sciences solutions for specific project, in collaboration with the relevant MTX team and client
- Mentor and guide junior data scientists and ensure a continuous learning environment in and across teams
- 2 to 8 years of experience in Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning/Data Science
- Proficiency in the underlying mathematics of deep learning, particularly linear algebra and multivariate calculus
- Knowledge of data structures, data management, data transformations, model selection, training and tuning of models and accessing the performance of models
- Good understanding of industry standard platforms for AI/ML: Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras, Theano, Caffee, etc.
- Ability to use cloud services like AWS/GCP for model development and deployment
- Ability to communicate technical topics effectively to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Ability to read, understand, and apply technical papers and articles in research journals
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively with a project team in a research environment with a proactive and curious problem-solving approach
What we offer:
- Amazing culture
- Failure is ok because we embrace it
- Access to the leadership team
- The chance to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Modern offices across all regions that promotes family concept
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Monthly All Hands meeting - ask me anything style discussions with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, game nights and more lead by our FUN ministers across all regional offices
About the TeamThe Recommendations team at Scribd owns the platform to create personalized recommendations for Scribd users. Creating effective recommendations for books and documents is a crucial part of highlighting the right set of content to Scribd users, based on the inference of their preferences. The Recommendations team uses state of the art technologies in Data Analytics and Machine Learning to provide a scalable, high performance solution to create personalized recommendations for millions of users.We are continuously innovating and improving the capabilities of the Recommendations Platform to achieve high levels of user engagement by creating personalized recommendations. We’re looking for engineers who have a strong expertise in creating robust and highly scalable data processing solutions using large scale Data Analytics and Machine Learning technologies.Key Responsibilities• You'll be responsible for driving the innovation on the Recommendations Platform to enhance existing features as well as build new capabilities to create personalized recommendations.• Owning the design and development of critical components of the Recommendations Platform.• Analyzing customer activity using technologies such as Hive and Spark to identify the core set of attributes used for Data Analytics and Machine Learning models.• Implementing complex Machine Learning algorithms using technologies such as Spark ML to create personalized recommendations of books, documents and other content.• Owning the interface between the Recommendations Platform and the UI frontend to provide a low latency, highly available API.• Working closely with the Data Science team to design and execute A/B tests, analyze metrics, understand KPIs and identify next steps to continuously improve the user experience.• Collaborating with cross functional teams to review requirements and owning design and implementation activities for cross-team dependencies.About You• You’re a strong hands on Software Engineer who enjoys owning core components of the platform and creating highly scalable solutions to complex problems.• You are always learning and always working to improve your craft.• You are passionate about achieving cross team collaboration and setting best practices for the team in areas such as architecture, design, coding, code reviews and production rollout.Requirements• 3+ years of experience in design and development of large scale platforms/services.• Familiarity with developing Machine Learning models using Spark ML or other ML frameworks and using A/B testing to measure effectiveness.• Experience in Ruby, Hive, Spark and Scala would be a plus.• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience.
At Numbrs, our engineers don’t just develop things – we have an impact. We change the way how people are managing their finances by building the best products and services for our users.
Numbrs engineers are innovators, problem-solvers, and hard-workers who are building solutions in big data, mobile technology and much more. We look for professional, highly skilled engineers who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced, value-driven environment.
Join our dedicated technology team that builds massively scalable systems, designs low latency architecture solutions and leverages machine learning technology to turn financial data into action. Want to push the limit of personal finance management? Join Numbrs.
You will be a part of a team that is responsible for developing, releasing, monitoring and troubleshooting large scale micro-service based distributed systems with high transaction volume. You enjoy learning new things and are passionate about developing new features, maintaining existing code, fixing bugs, and contributing to overall system design. You are a great teammate who thrives in a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities.
All candidates will have
- a Bachelor's or higher degree in technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- hands-on experience with highly concurrent production grade systems
- experience with micro-service based architecture
- strong hands-on experience with Golang (minimum 4 years)
- knowledge of AWS, Kubernetes, and Docker
- excellent troubleshooting and creative problem-solving abilities
- excellent written and oral communication in English and interpersonal skills
Ideally, candidates will also have
- experience with professional software engineering best practices, coding standards, code reviews, testing and operations
- experience with CI/CD toolchain products like Jira, Stash, Git, and CircleCI
Hundreds of thousands of businesses have bet their success on the reliability and performance of the Shopify platform. Uptime, resiliency and efficiency are critical to these businesses and as a result of Shopify’s rapid growth and massive scale, we have many interesting and challenging infrastructure problems to solve.
At the heart of this platform are Shopify’s core database systems. These systems, where we store all merchant and customer data, are built around the MySQL ecosystem of open source tools. Over the past several years, we have been hard at work scaling and improving our database infrastructure, handling almost two million queries per second at peak. Now, we want to take it to the next level and we need your help to get us there!
Responsibilities as a Database Engineer:
As a member of Shopify’s Production Engineering organization and the Datastores team, you’ll be directly responsible for the scalability, availability, and integrity of the Shopify database infrastructure.
As a Database Engineer, your day to day activities will include working closely with the support and development teams, some traditional database administration (DBA) work and some modern systems administration work (managing cloud infrastructure). As we continue to grow and scale, we need to achieve as much as possible through automation and hands-off management. We need your help, your experience, and your crazy ideas to design, build, and deploy the next generation of database management infrastructure to expand on what we have built to keep it truly world-class.
We are currently running a cloud based state-of-the-art stack on Google’s Compute Engine and Container Engine. Our next challenges involve moving all our systems, including MySQL itself, as containerized services running under Kubernetes.
All members of Production Engineering, including leads, also participate in an on-call rotation.
You’ll need to:
Have experience with the administration, operation, and performance tuning of MySQL, ideally in a Linux environment.
Maintain an understanding of modern solutions to deploy services at scale.
Be proficient in at least one programming language, and have the ability to read, write and understand scripts in languages such as Ruby, Python, or Go.
Have an insatiable appetite to grow and learn how to manage systems at scale. It would be great if you:
Understand modern high availability (HA) designs for MySQL, and have used MySQL HA-management solutions, such as Orchestrator.
Have experience with MySQL proxies, such as ProxySQL.
Understand containerization and deployment on Linux using technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
Are up-to-speed and comfortable with cloud infrastructure, designs, and tools for Google Cloud and/or Amazon Web Services.
Have some familiarity with existing cloud-managed “Database as a Service” solutions, such as Google’s Cloud SQL or Amazon’s RDS/Aurora.
Are competent using git for version control and especially using GitHub for pull requests, reviews, and issue management.
Are familiar with the ecosystem of Open Source software used in production web environments, such as Rails, Redis and memcached.
Some things you’ll be working on in your first few months:
Learn about Shopify’s MySQL-based database infrastructure and get comfortable working safely and efficiently in it.
Work on the projects that will allow us to offer to our internal customers a standardized “Database as a Service” platform which would cover absolutely all their needs, including HA, data integrity, schema migrations and changes, security, monitoring and alerts.
Test (and try to break) our high availability systems in interesting new ways, and work out the kinks found in the process.
Respond to internal support requests from other teams to help ensure their success in developing their own applications or supporting their customers.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application. Please take some time to tell us why you’d be an awesome addition to our team and how this role would be a fit for you!
We’re a rapidly growing startup transforming the way enterprises engage their customers when communicating over the phone. Some things that make us different include:
A team of founders. Most of us have either been founders or ‘first hire’ at startups that have been acquired or gone public. We know and love building products that create big companies.
We’re not your typical CRUD app. Our software runs across many different platforms (web/chrome/iOS/Android) and connects to a core communications infrastructure that we’ve built from scratch.
We love our customers. Whether it’s building resources, going on-site or staying up late with them on launch day, we go above and beyond to make them successful.
An experienced software engineer (7+ years) who has built non-trivial production systems and enjoys finding scalable solutions to interesting problems. You’ve worked across a variety of tech stacks and know how to pick the right tool for the job. You are not only comfortable tracking down and fixing production issues, but can anticipate where issues will arise before they do. You are the person your peers come to for help. The prospect of learning new technologies should excite you.
Designing and implementing new features and systems.
Assessing and fixing production incidents and bugs and putting in place systems to prevent them.
Be a technical resource for other members of the engineering team.
Mentoring junior engineers
7+ years work experience as a software engineer
Experience building highly-available backend services
Knowledge of relational databases
Desire to work on a small team that collaborates on technical and product ideas
Strong work ethic and team player
Experience working on the JVM
Experience with containers (Docker)
Nice To Have:
Experience working in Clojure.
Experience with telephony (Asterisk, Kamailio, SIP, RTP)
Experience with AWS (RDS, SQS, S3, Elasticache, ECS, Cloudformation, etc)
*We have an office in San Francisco, but half of us work remotely from all over the US. Check out a (totally unprompted!) blog post by one of our engineers about his experience working remotely at Truly.
We thought we needed a DBA. We thought we needed more DevOps.
What we realize is that we need is you, our MySQL Performance Engineer.
You will work closely with Ops to tune the server; build data-access tools with DevOps; polish our schema with the data lords; and create standards and processes so that all application queries are good queries. We've got tens of billions of records and we're redesigning their home to use the best MySQL scaling practices,
NoSQL-inspired pragmatism, and zero-downtime global redundancy. Join us.
- MySQL 5.7 mastery, with a focus on performance — both for the applications using the DB and the developers building it
- Deep understanding of multi-master, failover, and replication over non-local networks
-Troubleshoot slow logs, schema improprieties, and load issues like you were born to it
- Above average programming chops (PHP/Java/Python), and a deep understanding of ORMs (Doctrine, *Batis)
Things we like — show us examples!
- Big data is your friend, and metadata about big data is your sustenance
- You have bridged a data-layer between multiple datacenters and AWS
- You can make MySQL, Redis, Redis Streams, Kafka, and other event queues sing in harmony
This is a REMOTE, FULL-TIME position.
You can learn more about us here: https://www.chess.com/blog/erik/how-chess-com-s-100-person-virtual-team-works-together