Find a remote job in Software DevPost a job for $299
We're looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join the engineering team at Zapier. Want to create a simple product that allows anyone to do complex, incredible things with the world's APIs? Then keep reading!
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Even though our job description may seem like we're looking for a specific candidate, the role inevitably ends up tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if:
You care deeply about improving frontend technology so our customers can have a great experience using our product.
You love great UX. You spend most of your time coding, but you also have an eye for great design and a feel for great UX. Maybe you were once a designer (or still are) or maybe your creative outlet has always been the code. Either way, you care about more than just the code.
You can balance lots of concerns. Frontend apps have to take into account performance (using networks and devices that we can't control), customer demands, A/B tests, UX research, code quality, a rapidly changing ecosystem of languages and modules, and the list goes on. And we actually want to ship things too! You can balance those demands without getting overwhelmed and keep the needle moving forward.
You love helping others. You love sharing knowledge with the rest of your team, building shared tooling for other engineers, giving back to the open-source community, and directly helping customers.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Research, guide, and execute frontend architecture changes, including but by no means limited to GraphQL, server-side React rendering, and Flow typing.
- Build reusable React components with modular CSS, manage data on the client with Redux and GraphQL, and test everything with Jest.
- Measure and resolve performance bottlenecks, using tools like Chrome DevTools, Lighthouse, WebPagetest, or custom tooling.
- Work closely with our product, design, and UX teams to create amazing and intuitive experiences that make it effortless to connect different apps together.
- Help put tools, processes, and documentation in place to improve our code quality.
- Review code written by other team members or other teams.
- Ship to hundreds of thousands of users every day while having lots of autonomy in terms of code and feature ownership.
- Work with complex and varied data structures (APIs can be a little, uh, eccentric).
- Help out with our Python backend or Node-based developer platform.
- Share what you know and learn either one-on-one or with lightning talks to the group.
- Give back to the community via open source and blog posts.
- Experiment: this is a startup so everything can change as we experiment with doing more custom partnership work
- As a part of Zapier's all-hands philosophy, help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible.
You’ll also have the opportunity to specialize in a variety of areas of the Zapier codebase, including core product or platform development. Focusing on a specialization will not limit your area for growth at Zapier as each engineer brings a unique perspective and can contribute differently in all areas. We encourage participation and will frequently have engineers contribute across teams to assist in projects.
For the past six years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: Planet Earth.
If you want to work remote, that's great. If you want to work near others, that's cool too. Our team of 100+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don't have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US-based employees.
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
About SourceressOur mission is to help people find work that matters. We believe that the world is better when people understand the opportunities available to them. Our human-assisted AI platform delivers great results to our customers (customer quote: "I'd have a panic attack if you guys stopped existing").Because of this, we raised $3.5M from OpenAI researchers and Lightspeed Venture Partners at one of the highest ever valuations coming out of YC. Our team has previously sold companies, published machine learning research, has Dropbox's former Chief of Staff, and hails from MIT, Google, Airbnb, McKinsey, etc.Help us create a world where all 7 billion people work at jobs that they love, do things that they’re great at, and work for companies that are solving meaningful problems.
- Solve the most important problems facing the business (generally by writing software, but not always!)
- Minimize the complexity of the software that we create and maintain.
- Continually improve your own software engineering skills (whether via side projects, classes, or whatever else works for you)
- Help develop our team of talented engineers by mentoring, collaborating on projects and providing detailed code / architecture reviews.
- For detail-oriented engineers that love to build beautiful and highly correct products: we have greenfield customer-facing product work. These users depend on and love Sourceress, and are eager to help improve the product and provide feedback to your work.
- For engineers that love rapid prototyping and hate CSS: we have a variety of products for our highly-trained internal contracting team. These are critical to the magical feeling of our product and often require creative solutions and complex interfaces.
- For engineers who love data, systems, and infrastructure: we're also building a distributed model training and model scoring system. Because we care about all of the candidates in the world, we run into quite interesting infrastructure scaling problems that most startups would not hit they were much larger. As a result, a relatively small number of engineers get to solve “large” infrastructure problems end-to-end.
- For engineers interested in machine learning, we have a variety of interesting problems touching a huge variety of sub-fields: NLP, deep learning, interpretability, fairness, graph-based learning, entity resolution, and much more are all relevant to our work. Engineers without prior experience but interest in learning can and will be taught the relevant skills.
- For those engineers who care about clean code, developer tooling and productivity: we pride ourselves on exceptional developer tooling, and are constantly investing in our internal tools. For example: we've created a method that that allows us to attach a debugger to any process that has encountered an unexpected exception, even in production. This tool (we call it the Platinum Debugger) eliminates the time-consuming and often difficult step of reproducing the bug for about 90% of our bugs, vastly improving our productivity.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience.
- You’re an effective executor. You understand both the value of shipping quickly and of software craftsmanship, and have the judgment to know when to apply each. You’re capable, focused, and productive.
- You’re cognizant of the multi-year consequences of your decisions.
- You’r dependable. You do high-quality work, on time.
- You’re incredibly smart.
- Typescript (react)
- Type-annotated Python 3 (django, scikit-learn, pytorch)
The web engineering team is responsible for all things unsplash.com.We use modern and well-supported tools to build the best possible version of our product in collaboration with the API and design teams.At a high level, the web architecture consists of a Node server (TypeScript), with React for rendering on both the server and client.Over the years, weve taken Unsplash from a humble Tumblr blog to a fully-fledged web app supporting tens of millions of users and tons of useful features. At the same time, weve improved its performance by leveraging modern techniques like SSR, dynamic chunk-splitting, CDN HTML caching, complex state management using memoization and Observables, etc. Weve done all that with a lean team of just 2 web developers: frequent code releases and in-depth code reviews help us share knowledge and identify problems early. But theres still so much more to learn and do, and thats why we need you!We designed our company in a way to get as much of the stuff thats not the creative work out of your way, so you can do your best work. We dont believe in a top-down, shoulder-tapping, 95 type culture. You have the autonomy to manage yourself. We dont work set hours. We respect flow. We believe you should be able to structure your days for what makes you feel the most energized and creative.A glance at some of our blog posts and open source work can give you an idea on how we approach and solve our problems:Recently open sourced libraries:
Recent blog posts:
- Manipulating URL strings with
react-progressive-enhancement: A handy collection of HOCs for universally rendered apps
YouIf you tick (most of) these boxes, you should get in touch with us:
- Building the Unsplash Uploader
- Strongly-typed finite-state machines with Redux and TypeScript
- How we gradually migrated to TypeScript at Unsplash
- How we test responsive images at Unsplash
Its a bonus if you have experience with:
- Youre comfortable being part of a small, autonomous and distributed team.
- Being a small team, we dive into everything. You are comfortable working across the full stack, from writing CSS to fine tuning a CDNalthough we dont expect you to know these skills upfront, but you should be willing to learn them when they become necessary.
- Youre a quick learner whos able to pick up new concepts whenever necessary.
- Youre able to adequately prioritize between improving UX, optimizing performance, and building new features.
- Youre comfortable with React.
- You care about the end-product beyond just writing the code that makes it work.
Our team is made up of people who enjoy making things people love. We care about details and we care about quality.
- TypeScript, Redux, Reselect, Observables.
- front-end performance (e.g. optimising page load, page layout, and React rendering).
- building a large-scale app
If you want to work with us, all we want to see is a message from you. Please dont send a resume. Instead, tell us who you are. Show us relevant things youve done that youre excited about.
- Generous vacation: 3 weeks MINIMUM vacation.
- Work from home: Were a remote first company.
- Workshops/conferences: Conferences & Learning budget.
- Company retreats: Team retreats 1-2 times a year.
- Relocation: If youd like to relocate to Montreal, we provide $8,000 lump sum to cover out-of-pocket costs associated with relocation
- Flexible hours: You manage your time. You set your working hours.
- Maternal/Paternal leave: If you have a baby, youre paid for any time you need to take off. The time you take off will be your judgment. This is an important time and we dont want to be deciding which days you should be taking off or not. Well be there for you. If we feel the balance is not quite right or if you have any questions, well chat.
- Pet friendly: Obviously if you work from home, but also if you relocate to Montreal. Our office is pet friendly.
- Manipulating URL strings with
We look for people who are:
- As passionate about helping customers succeed as they are about working with new technologies.
- Confident, and value freedom (we work almost exclusively from home), but humble enough to ask questions when they are stuck.
- Want to build new things, but don’t mind rolling up their sleeves and doing what needs to get done.
- Love to work directly with customers to solve their business problems.
- Want to work hard, but balance that with the rest of their life.
Hireologys technology empowers businesses to build great teams. Over the last eight years, weve grown from a startup to a market-leading organization with over 175 team members and built an award-winning culture that makes this company an amazing place to work. Its with that in mind that Hireology is looking to add a Software Engineer In Test to our team. This individual has a keen sense of a tester yet loves writing code and lots of it, designs and implements many tools and testing frameworks, uses the latest technology and has plenty of room for innovation.Hireology is based in Chicago, but our Engineering and UX teams work remotely, so youll have the option of working from the comfort of your home or right in our office if youre local. Compensation is competitive, and we offer a full benefits package. We have regular company-wide events, semi-annual team gatherings, and frequent celebrations when we hit our goals.As our Software Engineer in Test, you'll be responsible for:
So what kind of person are we looking for in this role? We have a pretty unique culture here at Hireology, and the person who will be successful in this role will be:
- Help contribute to an easy to use, continuously deployed product
- Executes manual test cases if needed and reports results
- Assist in manual and automated regression testing
- Translate existing manual test cases into automated tests
- Provides input to Development on software design and on ways to increase product testability to support more extensive test automation
- Design automation strategies, test strategies and test cases to ensure we are delivering high quality new features and enhancements to existing functionality
- Work with QA Engineers to evaluate test cases and determine which should be automated
- Communicate challenges and limitations of quality assurance to a technical and non-technical audience
Okay, weve laid out what the job is - now are you qualified? Below are the minimum qualifications were looking for in a Software Engineer In Test. Also, we want a chance to get to know who you are and why you applied, so please include a cover letter.
- Results Obsessed: You are passionate about measuring and driving demonstrable results through your efforts
- Expert: You are an authority in the QA space, bringing your knowledge and passion to Hireology
- Think Strategically: Data-savvy when it comes to driving performance and a driven individual who can accelerate the growth of our product
So what can you expect after you apply? You will:
- Experience with modern web application development (bonus for experience with frameworks like Rails)
- Familiar with service-oriented architecture concepts
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Excited about creating quality code using TDD
- Comfortable in a modern software engineering environment with distributed source code control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, extensive testing, and continuous deployment
- Fearless about learning new technologies and technical approaches to application development
- Authorized to work for any employer in the United States
- Take a brief true/false survey. Be sure to check your email after you apply.
- Have a phone conversation with someone on our Recruiting team. This is a high-level conversation about you, but also a good opportunity for you to learn more about us.
- Meet with one of our Software Engineers to talk shop. Be prepared to talk about how you approach work technically with examples of how you have done it in the past. No homework or on-the-spot assignments. We just want to nerd out a bit with you.
- Go over your career history with our Vice President of Engineering. This will be an opportunity for us to get an idea of how you got to where you are, and if where you want to go lines up with where we are going.
- Meet virtually with some more of the remote team. We want to give you some idea of the people you will be working with. We ask the serious questions here, like your top three movies.
- Provide us some references. We use our automated reference check system for this, so you just give us some names, they fill out a survey, and we are all set.
- Speak with a member of our leadership team. If you have made it this far, just be yourself, and everything will be fine.
At Doist, our mission is to inspire the workplace of the future by creating simple yet powerful productivity tools that promote a more fulfilling way to work and live. We're a multidisciplinary, fully remote team that's passionate about creating products, like Todoist and Twist, that improve people's lives. We thrive on innovating new solutions to old productivity challenges and we seek to rethink how productivity tools are made. When you become a Doister, youre not only joining a global, remote-first company, but a team of 60+ people who value:
- Feeling empowered to achieve their ambitions
- Inclusivity, open-mindedness, and diversity
- The wellbeing of their teammates and the people around them
- Making long-term, high-impact decisions, even if theyre harder
- You have 3+ years of experience in web development.
- You have a solid foundation of front-end development fundamentals (HTML5/CSS3/ES6) and enjoy turning design specs into pixel perfect UIs.
- You're proficient in responsive design, smooth web animations, and email development.
- You have experience working with back-end stacks and database systems. You're comfortable building simple web services from scratch.
- You have experience with analytics and A/B testing tools and workflows. You're able to analyze data as part of your process to inform further optimization.
- You sweat the details, but also know when to move on. You have a knack for developing reusable processes and frameworks that shorten implementation time and ensure quality.
- You don't wait around for someone to tell you what to do, and you wouldn't want to anyway. You have ideas for how to improve and expand efforts and are proactive enough to see those ideas through to implementation.
- Bonus points if you have technical SEO experience.
BenefitsWe're bootstrapped, profitable, and committed to building a sustainable company that will grow for decades to come. We've built a benefits package that invests in our employee's long-term personal and professional growth and well-being. Here's a sample of what that includes:
- Work-Life balance. That means 8 hours of work, 5 days each week (for a total of 40 hours) because the time you spend outside of work is just as important as the time you spend working.
- Flexible schedule and location. This is a fully remote position, so you can work from wherever you please and on a schedule that works best for you. All you need is a computer and access to a stable internet connection (which we sponsor!).
- Generous paid vacation. 40 days of paid time off to use however you like (vacation, national holidays, etc.).
- Paid parental leave. 18 weeks of paid maternity leave and 5 weeks of paid paternity/adoption leave.
- Education stipend. You'll have a monthly budget to buy books, courses, and other resources you need to continue learning and developing.
- Competitive compensation.
- And much more!
We are a small team that moves fast, so you will be given significant responsibility. We work in multidisciplinary product teams with engineers, product managers, and designers. We maintain a healthy mix of senior engineers and exceptional junior engineers. In this role you will be responsible for helping to craft our SaaS product, mostly in the form of Rails-based microservices and React user interfaces. You will build services that consume 3rd party APIs in order to improve our product capabilities by leveraging a diversity of integrations. In addition to the individual applications you will be helping to craft our shared open and closed source libraries used across our infrastructure. Responsibilities
- Creatively solve business challenges using Rails and React
- Confidently build Rails API interfaces that are scalable, easy to document, and fun to use.
- Conceptualize and create simple solutions when adapting our product to new integrations
- Carefully manage both document and sql data stores, handling large amounts of customer data
- Work closely with product and design teams to design simple, powerful, innovative web user experiences
- Continuously improve your team's productivity through automation and process improvement
- Future-proof your work through a combination of thoughtful monitoring, automated testing, refactoring, and modularization.
- Comfortable implementing features across the entire stack
- Bonus: Expertise in Rails or React
- You have at least five years of professional experience building applications.
- You care about the details and take ownership over what you're involved in.
- You value simplicity, but also performance.
- You know how to problem solve effectively, especially when debugging and designing.
- You're a good person.
Bear Group is a leading web development firm based in Seattle looking for an experienced backend web developer to join our team. You will have the opportunity to work with leading companies and marketing teams to develop complex sites and integrations between systems.We are a fully distributed team that primarily builds in PHP on the Magento and Drupal platforms for ecommerce and content management sites. Since we are fully remote, you can work from anywhere! We do require at least 4 hours of working time overlap with the Pacific time zone work day where most of our clients are located. As a highly client focused organization, you will occasionally need to meet according to their schedule. This typically falls between 10 and 5 Pacific time, and we strive to give you plenty of time to focus on development.Working with a variety of clients, we fluidly form groups including a Technical Project Manager, a Quality Analyst, and one or more developers to complete sprints of work. The type of work depends on the client, but often includes:
You will need to be self-motivating and able to work independently most of the time, but we have a friendly and capable team to collaborate with when you encounter obstacles. Youll need to have a minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience, a BA/BS degree, and experience with Drupal, Magento or similar open source frameworks. Youll also need to be visually oriented with experience in Sketch or Photoshop and a good understanding of content organization and concepts within information architecture. Experience in client-service environments is a must and youll need to be professional and client service oriented; positive and proactive; able to react swiftly to meet client expectations.Since the technology world is constantly evolving, youll be expected to keep up with the current technologies and practices. To help with this, we provide an annual education stipend that can be used for attending relevant conferences or continued education courses.During your first week you will work closely with one or our senior developers to set up your new system and familiarize with our processes and tools. The system will be either Mac, Linux, or Windows to your preference, and we use Docker containers for a consistent development server stack. Other tools you will use include:
- Developing client web sites using Drupal and Magento Commerce
- Balancing workload across many projects simultaneously
- Quality assurance and testing across projects
- Collaborating cross-functionally and with a diverse group of clients
- Working with business development to assess and price new client projects
As you get your feet under you we will introduce some project work, again in collaboration with a senior developer on a sprint they are currently working on. Ultimately our developers work independently on your own tickets and sprints.In addition to competitive pay, a new computer, insurance, and 401k match, youll also receive:
- Git for source control
- Bitbucket for Git repositories
- Jira for project management
- Confluence for documentation
- Slack for communication.
To learn more about the company, visit www.beargroup.com.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 3 Weeks PTO plus approximately 10 vacation days annually
- $1500 annual education stipend
- Software stipend for the tools that you prefer to do the job
Development specialized on the free software project Open edX, used by many universities and companies to run online courses. See edx.org, stanford.edu or fun-mooc.fr for examples of Open edX instances.
The Open edX platform is a large Python/Django codebase, with good code standards and architecture (a lot of the edX engineers come from MIT). You would work on different clients contracts using the platform. The clients list/references include Harvard, MIT, edX themselves, the French government, and various startups & universities currently running their own instances, or looking to create one. Tasks are very varied, from developing core platform features, custom exercises and tools for specific courses (XBlocks), customizing and deploying instances, working fullstack, operating our service infrastructure, improving our hosting platform, etc. You won't get bored here.
Most of your work is published as free software (Open edX is released under the AGPL license, which requires clients to release modifications under the same license), and you would also contribute to the free software project, pushing most of your developments upstream through pull requests, contributing features, documentation or help on mailing-lists.
- 3+ years working with Python
- Experience with Python web frameworks, specifically Django
- Experience with unit testing
- You feel comfortable working in a Linux environment, specifically Debian or Ubuntu
- Experience with databases: MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Experience with contributing to free software projects, and communicating within a free software community
You would have to work with tasks from the following categories, but you would be able to pick up the skills on the job if you don't master this yet:
- DevOps experience, especially on Debian/Ubuntu servers, Terraform, Vault, Packer, Prometheus, ELK, Docker. We are building a modern infrastructure and having a strong DevOps presence on top of core software engineering skills is a big plus with us.
- Cloud computing, like AWS or OpenStack
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible
- RabbitMQ, Redis & Elasticsearch
- git source control
- Mobile development (iOS and/or Android)
- Managing clients & projects from beginning to completion (senior developer)
- Public speaking at conferences (you would present a talk every year at the Open edX Con)
We are a team of twenty developers, all working remotely from Europe, North & South America, Asia & Australia. You would arrive at a critical moment, as we scale up to handle increasing demand from clients on the edX platform. The company is not affiliated with edX, but contributing and working with them on various projects. This is a full time position, were you would be able to work remotely from anywhere you want, as long as you have a good internet connexion. : )
- Are you passionate about data, about infrastructure, and more importantly about combining the two and turning them to valuable and actionable insights via UI?
- Do you have a deep understanding of how to model and visualize time-series data sets and how to craft meaningful workflows for users who seek to understand the state of complex systems?
- Innovate and contribute to a Monitoring UI, built on top of the Kibana platform.
- Answer community questions.
- Collaborate with other development teams, quality engineering team and documentation team to execute on product deliverables.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related engineering discipline and 5+ years of front end development work.
- Experience with one modern MVC style JS Framework
- Experience in building large scale pluggable UIs
- Excellent understanding of UX/UI design principles
- Familiarity with time-series and other visualizations used in monitoring systems
- Experience using monitoring products in production is a plus.
- Experience using and/or operating the Elastic stack is a big plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a great teammate with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- A belief in progress over perfection.
- Ability to work in a distributed team throughout the world.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- One main Rails app, 2 other service apps (not microservices), and some Lambda.
- Thousands of paying customers and approximately 100 million users.
- Current stack: Rails, Postgres, Ubuntu, Redis, AngularJS, Nginx, Puma, Elastic search, Webpack, Yarn
- Moving towards CitusDB and Vue.js
- CI with test coverage > 70%
- App itself is for people to run competitions, rewards, galleries, and lead capture (name/email forms)
- 100,000-120,000 AUD + super (or 35-40 USD/hr if going casual).
- 140,000 AUD + super (or $60 USD/hr if going casual) if you have production access + PagerDuty responsibilities.
- Work anywhere you like. Our team is spread across Australia, Belarus, Bulgaria, Malaysia, Portugal, Russia, Serbia, Thailand, Ukraine, and the USA.
- Arrange your time to suit you. As long as you're doing the time, 'when' is up to you.
- We encourage you to work on side projects for fun and profit.
- Only a handful of meetings per year.
- No us-and-them with remote workers. Everyone is remote.
- Co-working space, if you want one.
- Open salaries.
- We run a yearly retreat. 2017 was Spain for 10 nights. 2018 is Thailand. If you don't want to, that's fine too.
- Extensive experience in Ruby.
- Extensive experience in in CSS.
- Proficient in *nix.
- Writing production-ready code.
- Ensure that your code does the right thing. You do business analysis.
- Ensure that your code works. You do testing.
- Ensure that you do your work. There are no project managers.
- Two co-founders based in Australia and 14 other people.
- Mostly developers (9 of the 16) plus one designer and a few interns (who get paid).
- Bootstrapped and profitable (i.e. no VC/runway death clock).
- Company started 8 years ago. Current app is ~5 years old.
- Firstly, don't be an asshole. Beyond that, you do you.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Our Hiring Process (modelled on how we actually work)
- Exchange emails/DMs to establish suitability
- Group interview via IM
- Take-home coding test on Rails/business analysis. 8 hours maximum, paid at $35 USD/hr.
We're looking for a Senior Web Developer, who is self-starter, can think on his/her feet, play well with others, and do great work in a fast paced, agency environment and has experience developing for content management platforms such as Kentico, Sitecore and/or Sitefinity.
By bringing together like-minded people, who share common passions, who enjoy each other's company and respect each other's skills, BlueModus has created a culture where people work hard, have each other’s backs, and love what they do. Come join a team with a clear mandate to deliver high value to their clients. If you’re up for a challenge, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Work at a company that was a Finalist for 2018 Best Places to Work by Denver Business Journal and ranked #50 on 2019 Best Places to Work by Built in Colorado
- Competitive salary
- Recharge your batteries with ample paid time off that includes 9 holidays, 10 vacation, 2 personal and 5 sick days
- Get that dental checkup with full benefits - health, dental, vision and disability
- Plan for your future with our 401(k) plan + employer match
- Stay fit and healthy with our gym membership reimbursement
- Awesome office in the heart of downtown Denver right off the iconic 16th Street Mall
- Fully stocked kitchen and snack dispensers
- Catered team lunches 4 days a week, plus breakfast on Fridays
- Keg for Thirsty Thursdays
- Team building “fun” days and other company sponsored activities through the year
- Dog friendly office
- Commute in style with our RTD reimbursements or don’t commute at all with our remote work options
- Whether you’re an early riser or a snooze master, pick a schedule that works for you with flexible working hours
What You Will Be Doing:
- Responsible for billable client consulting
- Maintenance and continued enhancement of the back end of our clients' web sites and web applications
- Understanding and applying applicable development and coding standards
- Building packages and deploying software to integration environments
- Fielding technical questions from clients, other developers, project management, quality assurance, and other colleagues
- Providing development estimates for enhancement requests
- Participating actively in agile teams while learning from software architects and / or solution leads
- Investigating and resolving bugs and deficiencies in the project codebase
- Building and maintaining internal tools to streamline the software development process and enhance productivity
- Researching new software development concepts and making suggestions for improvements
- Creating and integrating features for our client solutions using the latest C#/ .NET technologies
- Writing web services, business objects, and other middle-tier framework using the .NET framework
- Actively participating in code reviews
- Championing testing and QA initiatives
- 5+ years of .NET/ASP.NET development experience using C# like Microsoft MVC, WCF, Web API, and WebForms
- 5+ years of experience with object-oriented design, software patterns, multi-threaded, debugging and refactoring
- Experience developing websites and microsites in a Content Management System (CMS) like Kentico, Sitecore, or Sitefinity
- Experience troubleshooting of CSS and HTML issues
- Experience resolving cross-browser compatibility issues
- Experience with MSSQL Server + T-SQL, creating tables, stored procedures, and data views
- Understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Mercurial or SVN
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Automated Build products like Team City, Azure DevOps, or Jenkins
- Experience with responsive and mobile site development
- Understanding of DevOps principles: sites, certs, automation, and networking
- Strong testing and QA ethic
- Experience working at in an agency environment
- Experience with agile/lean development
- Understand SEO principles
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer or electronics engineering, information technology or related
We're looking for a well-rounded and experienced full stack developer strong in both front-end (CSS, HTML, React, etc) and backend (NodeJs, Redis, Mongo, Serverless). The perfect candidate can take a mock-up, have a conversation about the feature/interaction, and can build that interaction as a working application (CSS, HTML, React, Node-based API, etc). The right fit for our team has a love for coding and learning, works well in a fully-remote environment and is a high-energy strong communicator who can join an expert team and work with limited direction. This person would have at least 3 years of professional experience and preferably experience working remotely. The Work:
- Expand and evolve our social media dashboard and analytics platform used by thousands of journalists and broadcasters worldwide
- Build new features (screens, interactions, workflows) based on mockups and wireframes
- Build APIs and services that integrate with social media APIs (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)
- Help upgrade our systems from SOA to true microservices on AWS Lambda (Serverless)
- 100% remote team
- Platform based on React + Serverless + Mongo, etc
- Mobile apps built w/ React Native
- AWS Cloud-based hosted infrastructure
- Slack, Hangouts and other online collaboration tools
- 100% remote work
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive health, wellness and career benefits package
- Trust, autonomy, empowerment
- Demonstrable experience with ReactJs and NodeJs
- 3+ years web app development experience
- 2+ years of front-end development (HTML, CSS/SASS, etc)
- 2+ years of NodeJs experience
- Fluency in Git, GitHub and source code management concepts
- Social Media APIs (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Serverless framework (AWS Lambda) experience
- Microservices and/or SOA
- Previous remote work experience
- This is a 100% remote position, communication and self-direction are incredibly important
- You'll need a dedicated workspace (with a door)
- You must have a reliable high-speed internet connection (collaboration requires bandwidth)
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to pursue the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. We help people around the globe do extraordinary things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Founded in 2012 by the people behind the Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats open source projects, we believe that diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries. As a product designer on the Swiftype team, you'll be involved in many aspects of the product development process, from concept to prototyping to marketing. We are looking for a self-motivated and inventive individual with strong product, interaction, and visual design skills. What you'll be doing:
- You will provide product designs, prototypes, and UX flows.
- You will collaborate with engineers to ensure high-quality implementation and user experience.
- You will build and curate our design system in both Sketch/Figma and code.
- You will create iconography and illustration as needed in your designs.
- 5+ years of design experience working on sophisticated, complex web applications or SaaS products.
- A portfolio of products and experiences that youve helped launch into the real world.
- Experience with modern design tools, like Figma and Sketch.
- Ability to think about and design at both a systems-level and feature-level.
- A passion for designing end-to-end user experiences.
- Ability to clearly articulate design decisions and understand trade-offs.
- Skills to lead your projects and coordinate with the rest of the team.
- The ability to build what you design in HTML, JS and CSS (we use Sass).
- Experience leading user research and testing.
- Experience working with and developing design systems.
- Familiarity with JS frameworks like React or Angular.
- A love for animation. Familiarity with tools like Principle, Framer or CSS animations is a big advantage.
- Experience building accessible designs.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We're searching for a senior engineer with extensive experience building web applications that combine solid architecture, security and scalability with a focus on customer experience. You will be a vital team player who is able to balance the core platform requirements of the business with the ability to embrace new technology and best-practice innovations in the sector. Creating web services with a keen focus on API consumability is second nature. You are comfortable working on large projects, taking them forward and making recommendations to the direction they take based on evidence provided by hard data. You can spot a well designed API and have proven experience working with and developing critical APIs at scale. Split at a glance
- A single app, with a large pipeline of new integrating clients.
- Stack snapshot: Rails, RSpec, PostgreSQL, Redis, Puma, Yarn, Webpack, AWS.
- Process management: Asana, GitHub.
- TDD with 100% coverage (according to Simplecov).
- We ?? code reviews.
- Design, develop and iterate through new features.
- Provide insight and advice to other key stakeholders.
- Review and mentor other team members. Be a team player!
- Ensure production-ready high code quality.
- Continually consider the product from both a holistic and specific view-point.
- Security reviews.
- Technical planning with proven experience designing APIs with scale and security in
- Comfortable with CSS, HTML and associated front end technologies.
- Familiar with CI/CD processes.
- Highly attentive to detail (nothing is too small to notice or correct).
- DevOps and AWS
- Modern JS and frameworks (ES2018, React, Redux, etc )
- Be assiduous.
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- Be respectful.
- Be flexible.
- Be proactive.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics.
- Competitive salary package commensurate with experience.
- Great employment benefits and working situation (remote friendly).
- Rapid career advancement opportunities.
- Read more about our approach at http://www.splitpayments.com.au/careers
We are a fast-growing and leading company in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations.
- Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live a healthier and better life
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from
- We thrive on open communication and dedication
- We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities can move up in the organization fast.
If this is the type of company you want to be a part of, apply now!
Job Type and Pay:
We are looking for a talented frontend developer. Pay will be in accordance with abilities and experience.
- Full-time only
- Position is remote
- No agencies
- Must work a minimum of 4 hours within PST time zone between 9AM to 8PM PST
Required Duties & Skills:
- Proficiency in React, Redux, and Redux-Saga
- Experience with React performance testing and performance optimization (React profiler, server-side rendering, code splitting/lazy loading)
- Well-versed in source control with Git
- Able to implement creative and visually-appealing frontend designs
- Ability to translate designs, wireframes, and mockups into highly-composable code
- Collaborating and troubleshooting issues with our backend team and other company stakeholders
- Writing clean, readable code and tests
- Giving and receiving feedback while working with a team
- Strong English-language communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential
- Knowledge of React Native (for mobile app development)
- Experience writing E2E tests with Cypress
- Familiarity with AWS, bitbucket, and Heroku, Material-UI
Our three companies:
Selfhacked.com - With over 1.5 million visitors per month, SelfHacked is the best source of scientific information on supplements and health topics with integrity, no agenda or ideology. We strive for completeness and accuracy, and we work to make it accessible for everyone. The SelfHacked team includes 4 PhDs, 1 PharmD, 2 PhD students, 2 MS in biology, and a few biochemistry graduates.
SelfDecode.com - We analyze people's DNA (over 15,000 users so far) and symptoms and give them health recommendations based on their DNA that are simple and easy to understand using our custom-built algorithms.
LabTestAnalyzer.com - Provides high-quality, science-backed information and lifestyle, diet, and supplement recommendations based on lab test results.
We are very selective in our process because we look for a very long-term, full-time partnership with our employees.
We try to keep the process as short as possible so we don't waste anyone's time. We've designed our tests and procedures so that if someone doesn't score above a certain threshold for a given segment, they are booted from the application process early. Most people will not spend more than 10 min of their time on our process. People who do well keep progressing and ultimately get hired and love working for our company!
If this is the type of company you want to be a part of, apply now!
What are we looking for?
A talented Lead Front-End Developer to join our fast growing startup. The FED will be results driven with a strong ability to manage other FED’s delivering projects from inception through implementation whilst ensuring technical best practice, UI/UX feasibility and application optimization with maximum speed and scalability are met.
- Implement responsible web design principles to ensure that our app/website renders well across multiple devices.
- Collaborate with back-end developers and UX designers to improve usability
- Monitor website performance, watch for traffic drops related to site usability problems and rectify issues
- Develop code libraries that can be used for multiple projects
- Write functional requirement documents and guides
- Experience working on web applications based on Vue.js or React
- Interest in using Vue.js and its associated concepts to build a scalable web application
- Great working knowledge of Git
- A team-player, willing to help others through code review and pair programming
- Open minded and always willing to further your own learnings
- Quality oriented, a solid eye for detail, and good knowledge of data structures & algorithms
- Bonus skills : Experience with Hybrid/Native App development, NativeScript/React Native, Cloud Services (Firestore, AWS)
- Excellent communicator
- A genuine interest in learning about the property industry.
Why You Should Join Us?
- Work in an open and collaborative office with a great culture
- Career evolution with the flexibility to move in a direction that suits your strengths and interests
- Be an important part of building a revolutionary product in the real estate market
- Work with a passionate team of open minded developers
- We encourage developers to research new technologies and further their knowledge
Narrative is building the first global data marketplace. It has often been said that data is the new currency. Unfortunately, maximizing the value of data is often easier said than done. On one side, transacting via individual point to point integrations carries a lot of overhead in both business development and technical integration efforts. On the other, going through big aggregators introduces opacity in the pricing and provenance of the data. At Narrative, we help our customers get value from their data by building a central auction platform to reduce the friction and tooling to increase the transparency in this process.
We are a small, early stage team looking for great developers who want to jump in and take major systems and user-facing features from design to launch. Here’s where we are now:
We are operating in Amazon Web Services. Our services are mainly deployed on EC2 provisioned with Terraform.
We also heavily use other technology on AWS such as DynamoDB, S3, and RDS.
Our backend includes a data ingestion web service with supporting Kinesis consumers, along with a growing array of Spark projects. It’s written mostly in Scala, with a smattering of Python for lambda functions.
We sit somewhere in the middle of the “Scala as a worse Haskell” and “Scala as a better Java” spectrum. We love functional programming and we do make use of libraries like cats, but at the same time we heavily favor core language features and have no intention of rewriting everything using Free Monads.
Our web app UI is written in Typescript with Angular2 and a supporting API running on Node, and is deployed and monitored using much the same supporting tech as the backend.
Other services we use include: GitHub, CircleCI, DataDog.
Here are some examples of projects that we would like some help with:
Interactive tools to help buyers discover the data they need to accomplish their business objectives.
Interactive tools to help sellers maximize the yield from the data that they are selling.
Data analytics pipelines to drive the interactive report UIs. For example: reports for yield forecasting and deal pre-qualification.
The ideal candidate should:
Thoroughly understand the HTTP lifecycle and how the browser interacts with web APIs.
Enjoy building fast, user-friendly UIs.
Not be afraid of contributing to the entire stack when the need arises, given that frontend doesn’t simply mean HTML/CSS. For instance, a feature might require
some metrics to be computed from a Spark Report
creating a MySQL migration script
tweaking S3 permissions and terraform scripts for deployment
We are not looking for a 100% fit on all the technology buzzwords, but we are looking for someone with strong technical skills who is eager to pick up new technologies as necessary.
We are building the team with a remote-first mindset, and as a result every team member is expected to have an ability to synthesize business requirements, distill the domain, contribute to high-level design documents, efficiently communicate asynchronously, and more generally work autonomously toward a shared vision.
Continuously investing in quality (code quality, tests, pull request reviews, refactoring…) is part of our strategy to sustainably maximize the business value we deliver.
Apply at [email protected]
Find out more about Company Culture.
More about the hiring process.
A day in the life of a dev.
- Experience using Python, PostgreSQL, Redis, Memcached, Lua, Linux, Nginx, Elasticsearch, and Amazon Web Services a plus.
- Familiarity with automated testing frameworks such as Jest, Karma, Cypress, or Protractor.
- Familiarity with distributed revision control systems such as Mercurial or Git.
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently - accountable for your own actions and able to act with both urgency and integrity.
- Desire to work in a caring, transparent, and giving work environment, in line with Hotjars company values, culture and ways of working.
- Will submit to a background check, confidentially processed by our third party.
You will need to be a creative problem solver, as much of the work requires creative approaches to unique technical challenges which often don't have much - if any - coverage on sites such as Stack Overflow.
The complexity of the software is also a key component. Much of what we are building is concerned with complex data structures (including SVGs) as well as the inevitable complexities of scaling an app out into large organisations. As such, you will need to have a strong engineering mindset with the ability to think through problems in a structured way. Or to put it another way, you should be able to produce robust, tested code that will stand up in production.
- Building robust frontend apps with the Vue.js framework, including unit tests
- Creating custom single-file components for use in the interfaces
- Developing applications for parsing and working with XML structures including SVG data
- Writing clean, well-documented and well-tested code with strong adherence to modern ECMAscript standards
- Optimising applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Working with the team to solve complex challenges and contributing ideas and solutions regularly
Skills and qualifications
- Basic understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Minimum 2 years experience of working with the Vue.js framework
- Experience of working with state management systems, preferably Vuex
- Experience of writing unit tests in tools such as Jest or Mocha (or component snapshots)
- Familiarity with frontend build tools, particularly Webpack
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools including Git
- Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
- Bachelors degree in computer science
- Excellent communication skills
We’re a small team that has the resources and support of a large company. Pocket was acquired by Mozilla in 2017, and together we are committed to an internet that elevates critical thinking, reasoned argument, shared knowledge, and verifiable facts. As our first Engineering Manager, you’ll be responsible for helping ensure our ability to support high quality content on the web. This role is fundamental to Pocket’s success.
Come work with us and make a huge impact on advancing high-quality content on the web.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a distributed team of 6-10 software engineers building our web app, extensions and integrations into the Firefox browser.
- Report to our CTO and as our first Engineering Manager, help define what will make the role successful at Pocket.
- Create an inclusive environment which engages and challenges your team members, and exposes them to new opportunities.
- Set and communicate your team’s goals, and establish plans and schedules to attain them.
- Collaborate with engineers, data scientists, designers, product managers and support teams to implement our product strategy.
- Ensure that the software your team delivers is on time, high quality, measurable, and maintainable.
- Anticipate the right mix of capabilities required for your team to be successful, and recruit and hire new people as needed.
- Be rewarded with growth and leadership opportunities for strong performance.
What you already have:
- You have 6 years of overall industry experience, with at least 2 years of hands-on technical leadership and/or people management experience.
- You have the ability to successfully lead and ship complex software projects on time in a loosely structured environment.
- You can hire, coach, motivate, develop, and delegate to geographically distributed team members with different skill sets from your own.
- You can resolve problems, manage risk, lead change, and facilitate collaborative decision-making in a multi-functional team.
- You possess clear and succinct communication, and the ability to develop positive relationships with subordinates, peers, upper management, and partners.
- You can enable creative thinking and new contributions in your team.
Our team requires skills in a variety of domains. You should ideally have experience with some of the areas listed below, and be passionate about learning new things. We’re excited to see:
- Experience with building modern applications on the web
Theorem is a software consultancy that believes in using simple tools to solve problems. We build custom systems for both startups and enterprises - You can see our portfolio for more information about our clients.
Our main offices are in Los Angeles and New York, but we work remotely with people from all around the world.
Our engineers have experience in a consultative environment, excellent communication skills and a desire to work with talented teams building innovative products. We work closely with our clients, sharing our experience to help them better define their products.
The ideal candidate has experience working with React and Redux and has a thorough understanding of the options and tools available for managing an application’s state and their underlying functional programming concepts.
Skills & Requirements:
Smart, gets things done.
Excellent communication skills.
Passionate about software development.
Experience working in a distributed company.
Open minded and always learning.
Experience with React and Redux.
5 + years of professional experience
Duties & Responsibilities:
Architect and build web applications.
Work with product designers and clients to clarify requirements.
Plan, estimate and prioritize work in a collaborative team.
You like to get the work done! You want to collaborate in a consultative environment and guide our clients in best practices in order to achieve great project success in addition to contributing to the growth of a great company. We want to know more about you!
Theorem (previously Citrusbyte) is an innovation and engineering company that advises clients on product strategy, engineering, design, and culture, then partners with them to build and launch technology-driven solutions to their most complex problems. Theorem is chosen by clients when results matter most — becoming the agent of change, and driving a transformation that involves not only technology, but also people, process and leadership. Founded in 2007, and headquartered in Los Angeles, Theorem's global team of engineers, designers, technologists, researchers, strategists, and advisors, has deep expertise across a broad variety of industries including consumer electronics, automotive, manufacturing, supply chain, healthcare, finance, and entertainment.
While we have offices in LA and New York, we work remotely with team members around the world
100% REMOTE - Work from your remote location if you are not called to travel to client site
TEAM RETREATS - We get together at an inspiring location to meet, work and play
HEALTHY BODY, HEALTHY MIND - HAPPY TEAM - We offer vacation and support healthy lifestyles through our physical fitness and continuing education benefits program.
What you will do?????? We are looking for a Front-end Developer (ideally ?? React) to join our product team. Responsibilities You'll be in charge of developing User Interfaces integrated into our product micro Front-end architecture. You'll be working in a fully Agile team to help creating attractive and effective user interfaces. Your missions will be: ?????? Create web applications (mostly ?? React) designed for the end user, helped by our ? Design System, and maintainable by your teammates. ? Improve existing interfaces with UX and performance in mind. ? Contribute to improving our design system by adding React components to share among all teams. ? Industrialize your developments so that they are integrated as soon as possible into our daily deliveries to production.
About the teamYou will be part of the Product team which consists of twenty people with Back-end developers, DevOps, QA Testers, UI/UX Designer, and Product Managers. You will work in a friendly and open minded work environment.
- Are self-disciplined and have a great work ethic
- Have good time management skills
- Communicate well
- Can work until at least 1pm EST M - F
- Like having a consistent daily work schedule
- Have at least three years of experience building SaaS interfaces
- Highly skilled with HTML / CSS
- Ruby on Rails
- Postgres or MySQL
- Unit tests (rspec, etc.)
- Background workers
- Writing design docs
- Working from design docs/specifications & wireframes
- React & Redux
- Service workers architecture
Howdy 👋We’re the folks at Jilt, an email marketing platform built for eCommerce. We help thousands of stores grow sales with emails that delight their customers. Our team is 100% remote, with 21 people distributed all over the world.
We’re looking for a smart, detail-oriented front-end engineer to join our team and help build fast, intuitive interfaces in React.
You should be...
- Adept at translating user stories into detailed engineering implementation tasks
- Detail-oriented & curious, with a drive to understand and solve technical challenges
- A self-starter, comfortable working independently and taking a high level of responsibility
- Dedicated to constant learning and sharing your knowledge
Bonus points if you also have…
- Experience using React alongside Ruby on Rails, or other MVC frameworks
- Angular/Vue experience
You’ll be responsible for…
- Building features, tweaks, bug fixes, and refactors based on specs in Clubhouse stories (derived from both customer feedback and our product/support teams)
- Adhering to internal code standards and best practices while suggesting new ones for team consideration
- Carefully user-testing your own work and implementing feedback from code review
- Providing detailed code reviews to your teammates
- Updating our internal wiki & documentation
- Assisting our support team with troubleshooting challenging issues
Why you’ll love working with us…
- Kind, wonderful teammates that enjoy their work as much as you do
- Competitive salary
- Annual company retreats (read about last year's adventure in Lake Tahoe!)
- Fantastic benefits: 27 days paid time-off, full health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), retirement contributions, paid parental leave, and more!
- Transparent culture (check out our team wiki)
Curious to hear more? Learn more about the position and apply here. Applications accepted through June 7th. We can’t wait to meet you!
We support workplace diversity and do not discriminate on any protected class. We believe when we work together as a team of different views, experiences, and ideas, we can build amazing things.
CloudApp (https://www.getcloudapp.com/) is a customer experience led company focused on improving business workflows with our video messaging productivity apps. It's free apps help businesses communicate faster and get more done.
Now, we’re looking for a remote Full-Stack Developer to join our growing team. In this role, you’ll be working with our engineering team in all aspects of our CloudApp solution, from its front-end down to the infrastructure.
Strong Ruby, Node, JS, and/or Python experience
Testing and scaling up APIs
Modifying a large ruby on rails project
Designing and implementing ancillary microservice API endpoints
Going into older code bases to update and tweak new features
Strong dev-ops skills, comfortably hopping into AWS server to debug and tweak settings if needed
Full stack engineering experience, with strong system fundamentals
Experience with service-oriented architecture
Exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications
Strong industry experience in architecture and development of scalable production quality backend systems
Good understanding of distributed systems, data stores, data modeling, indexing and associated trade-offs
Experience developing APIs and SDKs a plus
Ability to work in a cross-functional team that touches many parts of the core systems at CloudApp
Work at all levels of the stack, (AWS, ruby, Node.JS, SQL, React, HTML, CSS), to build and maintain new CloudApp features
Take full ownership and responsibility for building, shipping, and maintaining core CloudApp features, end to end
Design and architect complex, reusable, and maintainable new systems, real-time interfaces, and visualizations, focusing not only on performance and scalability, but also on crafting a beautiful user experience
Build user interfaces that are crisp, consistent, and fast, that thrive under heavy customization and varying use cases, that encourage exploration, and that earn the trust of our customers through predictable, reliable, and thoughtful interactions
5+ years of professional ruby engineering experience
Ability to work from a permanent location (e.g. your home), and easily overlap with PST
Experience architecting, deploying and operating asynchronous distributed work queues, high-volume storage systems, and high-throughput systems
While this is a remote position, there are often meetings at 9 a.m. ET. Something to take into consideration. Mountain Time, Central Time, or Eastern Time preferred.
- Experience working and collaborating with teams
- Experience in Linux and command line a must
- Work with React
- Experience with Functional programming is highly desirable
- You know how to architect all components of a frontend project
- You have experience reading API documentation and working with different endpoints to compose the desired effect
- You know how to run projects through solid processes (things like code reviews, reviewing stories, planning)
- Picks up new technologies quickly and efficiently
- Uses Git effectively
- Know how to create tests and why it's important
- Knowledge of OOP and software design principles
- Driven, ambitious, and interested in tech
- Acumen. You must be able to think of and judge multiple solutions for a problem and be able to reason between them.
- You’re aware of how to build secure apps
- You know how to optimize frontend load times, debug rendering issues, and overall provide a smooth experience to the user.
- Knowledge of responsive frontends
- You know C#, Ruby, Python or Go. IMPORTANT. You don't have to be an expert in backend tech, but you'll need to understand how to integrate with the backend guys.
- You’ve practiced continuous integration
- You've tinkered with Docker
- Require JS/Webpack/Browserify is a bonus, too.
- You’re interested in startups
- Great mentorship and company culture
- Remote work
- Challenging work and interesting projects
- Healthcare benefits package
- Fun office space in Wynwood (Miami - if you so choose
The candidate should be able to build slick UIs leveraging React, React Native, and CSS both for mobile apps and the web. The candidate should also have experience reading from and writing to a redux store.
You will be expected to take a Sketch/Zeplin design and implement the design into a working and tested React/React Native + CSS code. Some of the data calls will be plugged into your front-end by other developers.
You will make important contributions and your opinion will be heard.
We work mostly in an Agile methodology - stand ups, a weekly dev meeting, and daily communication on Slack. We will release often - once very 1-2 weeks.
The job can be remote or be located in Charleston, SC.
Rayka's core product is a social, recommendation-based travel app. We aim to provide rich, targeted content for travelers. Our group of travel experts were constantly asked for recommendations in different locations, so we came up with a way for experts to efficiently provide information and help build a community of knowledgeable travelers and travel enthusiasts.
We are an early stage startup looking to grow very quickly - both in employees and in user base.
Not sponsoring visas.
Equity is available with any offer.
* 2+ years professional React
* 1+ years professional Redux
* Ruby on Rails
Who are we?
We created f2pool — one of the largest crypto mining pools on the planet. We are a small team spread on three continents.
What are we doing now?
We expanding f2pool worldwide. Also, we are working on several promising projects in the blockchain space.
What is cool about working with us?
We have an awesome office in Bangkok, Thailand where we are organizing lots of community events and we are more than happy to cover your relocation cost to Thailand. Exceptional candidates can also work remotely, in which case we will sponsor you one trip to Thailand per year to work with the team in person.
What are we looking for?
- Top-notch front end software engineers, with a passion for blockchain.
- Good taste in Design and UX. An obsession with quality and the little things
- Extensive experience with HTML, CSS, preprocessors and related web technologies
- Fluent in frameworks and tools, such as React, Redux, MobX, webpack
- Ability to build in an un-opinionated framework-free vanilla JS environment
- Canvas API experience is very welcome
- Strong opinions, loosely held, on architectural and designs topics
- Comfortable with ambiguity, able to take charge and get things done despite the unknowns
- Ability to mentor junior members on the team
We are looking for a team player who has in-depth experience with WordPress CMS. You will be the link between WebARX and WordPress community and you will lead the way how WebARX works with WordPress.
You can attend local and international WordPress events, travel the world with us and meet awesome new people.
If having flexible working hours and a possibility to work at home or in a local co-working space something that could work for you, make sure to let us know.
Is it you?
> You can write PHP code that is functional from 5.4 to 7.*
>You can develop and work with responsive designs
> You can write WordPress plugins, you understand how filters and actions work
> You can interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
> You can implement security and you know what must be done with user input before it’s processed further down the application
> You can work with security and website security in general, you can explain what SQLi, XSS, LFI, RFI, RCE, XSRF is on top of your head and know how to prevent it
> You can write unit tests
> You can work with Git and Jira