Software Engineer In Test
2 months ago
Category: Software Dev
- Help contribute to an easy to use, continuously deployed product
- Executes manual test cases if needed and reports results
- Assist in manual and automated regression testing
- Translate existing manual test cases into automated tests
- Provides input to Development on software design and on ways to increase product testability to support more extensive test automation
- Design automation strategies, test strategies and test cases to ensure we are delivering high quality new features and enhancements to existing functionality
- Work with QA Engineers to evaluate test cases and determine which should be automated
- Communicate challenges and limitations of quality assurance to a technical and non-technical audience
- Results Obsessed: You are passionate about measuring and driving demonstrable results through your efforts
- Expert: You are an authority in the QA space, bringing your knowledge and passion to Hireology
- Think Strategically: Data-savvy when it comes to driving performance and a driven individual who can accelerate the growth of our product
- Experience with modern web application development (bonus for experience with frameworks like Rails)
- Familiar with service-oriented architecture concepts
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Excited about creating quality code using TDD
- Comfortable in a modern software engineering environment with distributed source code control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, extensive testing, and continuous deployment
- Fearless about learning new technologies and technical approaches to application development
- Authorized to work for any employer in the United States
- Take a brief true/false survey. Be sure to check your email after you apply.
- Have a phone conversation with someone on our Recruiting team. This is a high-level conversation about you, but also a good opportunity for you to learn more about us.
- Meet with one of our Software Engineers to talk shop. Be prepared to talk about how you approach work technically with examples of how you have done it in the past. No homework or on-the-spot assignments. We just want to nerd out a bit with you.
- Go over your career history with our Vice President of Engineering. This will be an opportunity for us to get an idea of how you got to where you are, and if where you want to go lines up with where we are going.
- Meet virtually with some more of the remote team. We want to give you some idea of the people you will be working with. We ask the serious questions here, like your top three movies.
- Provide us some references. We use our automated reference check system for this, so you just give us some names, they fill out a survey, and we are all set.
- Speak with a member of our leadership team. If you have made it this far, just be yourself, and everything will be fine.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!