Retrium is a seed-funded startup that helps teams improve their Agile processes by facilitating effective and engaging retrospective meetings. With over 60,000 retrospective run on our platform, we’re the trusted leader in our market, and we’ve been helping teams continuously improve since 2015.
We’re also a small, cross-functional team of passionate and fun people. We have an outstanding leadership team and a dedication to company culture. We’re lucky enough to have an awesome product, great growth, high customer satisfaction, and low churn. Now, we need someone to help us deliver more value to customers!
- React (hooks, context)
- Promises (async/await)
- Node (express.js)
- AWS (Docker, Linux)
Candidates must currently reside and be authorized to work in the US. This is a full-time, salaried position on a fully distributed team.
As the next member of our small but growing team at Retrium, you’ll collaborate closely with everyone at the company. We use lightweight processes and tools inspired by agile and kanban to design, develop, and deploy the right features to customers on a regular cadence.
We’re looking for someone who has experience in the trenches, writing solid code, and someone who understands how to balance the competing concerns of product development:
- Responsibility to the customer: Delight our users and deliver the quality features they want
- Responsibility to the business: Reduce cost and generate revenue by delivering value quickly and iteratively
- Responsibility to the developer: Minimize technical debt by writing quality, maintainable code
Because our core values include “Default to Autonomy”, “Bias for Action”, and “Level Up”, you’ll need to be a self-starter who can think strategically, execute tasks, and participate in the continuous improvement of our product and processes. A typical week will include:
- Defining and implementing features in the product pipeline
- Moving seamlessly between front-end and back-end work
- Discussing design and architecture issues together as a team
- Facilitating feedback and demo sessions of your in-progress tasks
- Communicating with team members through video conferencing and asynchronous communication
- Deploying code to production as soon as it’s ready!
We believe that the following collection of experiences and abilities would make someone successful in this position. However, we encourage anyone to apply if you believe you have what it takes to succeed in this role.
- BA/BS degree (computer science preferred) or equivalent experience
- A history of success working with a team of engineers to deliver customer-facing features
- The passion and drive to learn about Retrium and take on new responsibilities and leadership opportunities as we grow
- Ability to be a team player and collaborate with others
- Experience in a SaaS company, distributed team, and/or startup
- Experience with Agile software development processes is a big plus
We provide amazing benefits, and if you ask the team, they’ll tell you that the greatest benefits we offer employees are the ability to make a meaningful contribution to the company and the opportunities to “Listen. Learn. Teach”, another core value.
Our other benefits include:
- Stock options
- Health, dental, and vision insurance coverage for you and your family
- Unlimited and minimum vacation policy (we encourage you to ask us about this!)
- Flexible, sustainable work hours
- Work from home or a co-working office
- All the equipment you need to do your job
- Company retreats
Retrium is committed to creating a diverse environment where you can “Be Your Amazing Self”, yet another core value. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.