3 months ago
Hiring from: 4+ hours of overlap time with Boston, MA(9AM - 6PM ET).
Category: Software Dev
Tools we use:
- PHP 7.x
- Lumen, Laravel, Symfony Console, and a custom PHP framework with League components
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB
- React & Redux, Backbone & Marionette
- Webpack, Babel, ES6, and Pusher
- Modular and functional CSS with Help Scout Seed
- Component-based design systems with Help Scout Blue
About the role
- On a typical day you may help a customer with an issue, work on a new feature, create a third party integration or enhance back-end tools. On any given project, you will be communicating with internal APIs, integrating with 3rd party services, optimizing processes using Redis, RabbitMQ and various AWS services, and wrapping it all up in support of a React or Backbone/Marionette front end.
- Our engineering teams work in two-week iterations, communicate mostly via Slack and are committed to remote, agile development. When you are ready, youll create and send a pull request with test cases and tag your team for review. The team pair as needed over video or screen-sharing sessions.
- We have invested heavily in local Docker development and AWS-based continuous integration and delivery so you can get setup fast. Any development branch can be easily tested on environments that closely match production. Youll work autonomously for the most part and we trust you to get work done when/where you can be productive.
- Your team performs engineering support when a question cant be answered by our top-notch support team. Well get you up-to-speed with engineering support so you can help our customers and improve the product along the way.
- Everything is secondary to the customer experience. We expect you to have a keen sense of how your code could be changed to positively impact their experience in terms of performance, security, privacy and usability.
- You'll be working with product people that challenge you to get better every day. The founders are technical and committed to creating a magical experience for customers. You'll deploy work that moves the needle for businesses around the world.
- You are very experienced with modern PHP development practices and open source frameworks. Youve engineered other SaaS projects at scale and feel confident solving difficult problems. You are comfortable designing elegant solutions that degrade gracefully when faced with extreme load or stress. You viewbest practices as a starting point for critical thinking, rather than a dogma to follow.
- Your code is not only reliable and performant for customers, but can be read, maintained and understood easily by other engineers on your team. The Zen of Python resonates with you for any language.
- You believe in writing unit and integration tests and have at least tried TDD. You like owning the quality of the code you write QA doesnt mean throwing it over the wall for someone else to test. You understand that some things are too costly to automate and must be manually tested to get it right.
- You take pride in your work and ownership of the solutions you build. When a team member or customer is in need, you feel a sense of urgency to understand their pain and thoughtfully help.
- You are curious and constantly learning. Believing thata rising tide lifts all ships, you make everyone around you better sharing what you have learned and looking for ways to improve both yourself and the team.
- You enjoy the finish work and detail required to deliver a rich product with exceptional UX. From UI interactions to handling important edge cases, you take satisfaction in delivering a solid experience that delights the users, adds value to the business, and lasts over time.
- You are a humble professional who wants to be challenged by the work and not the workload. You are willing to ask for help when necessary and unafraid to say,I dont know.
- You are proactive about solving problems and improving things. You take the initiative to build tools and processes that will help everyone. You leave things better than you found them.
- You are an excellent communicator who can write and speak with empathy for our customers and team. You can easily communicate complex ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences. Clear communication is super important in a remote culture like ours.
- You believe remote teams are the future of work, or are at least excited about the idea. You have experience working with remote teams or can adjust your work/management style to be remote-friendly.
- You can work anywhere in the world as long as you have 4+ hours of overlap time with Boston, MA(9AM - 6PM ET).
- Competitive Salary - We pay at or above market salary in most cases and evaluate a lot of research to make sure everyone is paid well. The formula we use to calculate all salaries is public to employees and is improved upon regularly.
- Health and dental insurance - We cover you and your family's health/dental insurance 100%. If you are based in the US, we'll cover you on our Aetna policy. If you're based outside the US, we offer a healthcare stipend.
- Long-term/Short-term Disability Insurance & Life Insurance - We cover 100% of the premiums for LT/ST Disability insurance and base Life Insurance. You also have the option to purchase supplementary life insurance through our provider. (currently US only)
- Flexible vacation - Take time off when you need it, we trust you.
- Paid parental leave, including adoption and foster care - 12 weeks for primary caretaker and 4 weeks for secondary caretaker.
- 401k with 1% match - via Betterment for Business (currently US only)
- Personal Development stipend - Up to $1,800 per year to improve your craft
- Great tools - Each employee will be provided with a Mac laptop and 27'' display (or equivalent equipment of choice).
- Home Office Stipend - You'll also receive $1,000 to spend on outfitting your home office, as well as up to $350 a month to rent a co-working space if you like.
- Complete transparency - Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!