Infrastructure - Team Lead
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Distributed
Category: Software Dev
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
The Elastic Stack is the unparalleled swiss army knife of search and analytics. It takes hundreds of engineers and large infrastructure to keep its development on track. A critical piece of the effort is our multi-cloud, distributed CI environment. We need a dedicated lead to take over the people management, operational health, and delivery of its team.
What you will be doing
- Manage and mentor a globally distributed team of 5-10 experienced engineers. You would evaluate performance, give timely feedback, and advocate for their career paths.
- Work closely with engineering teams and leadership to define requirements and roadmap. The product teams depend on CI constantly. Proactivity is important.
- Organize effective call rotations to maximize service health and engineer quality of life.
- Foster a culture of mutual respect, collaboration, and consensus-based decision-making.
- Commit to software-first principles. We are developers that manage state.
- Plan for team capacity and help drive recruitment of high quality people.
What you will bring along
- Significant experience leading teams of software engineers, preferably in site reliability. You don't need to have been a people manager, but this is a people management role. You can (and should!) write code, but your priority is to help others do it.
- Significant experience building and deploying complex, and completely automated, systems. We run a multi-cloud, multi-OS environment built upon immutable infrastructure. It's a mixture of off-the-shelf Jenkins and custom software. You'll need technical empathy as you help your reports fulfill their mission.
- Expert-level programming experience in at least one computer language and deep familiarity with its build and testing ecosystem.
- Genuine care for the well-being of your employees, striving to be an emotionally intelligent, egoless, humble, servant-leader. A sense of humor is a big help. You believe that a diverse company is a better company.
Experience/interest in these would be nice:
- Search and analytics tools, particularly the Elastic Stack. A love for what our company builds will only help.
- We are a polyglot team; a love for languages would serve you well.
- Speaking/presenting publicly. You will need to communicate effectively to others.
- Open source. OSS is our DNA. If you have ever contributed to an open-source project, or even just followed one closely you'll have a good sense for how our company operates.
- Competitive pay
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!