Engineering Manager, Frontend
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: US
First appeared on Foss Jobs
Category: Software Dev
We’re a small team that has the resources and support of a large company. Pocket was acquired by Mozilla in 2017, and together we are committed to an internet that elevates critical thinking, reasoned argument, shared knowledge, and verifiable facts. As our first Engineering Manager, you’ll be responsible for helping ensure our ability to support high quality content on the web. This role is fundamental to Pocket’s success.
Come work with us and make a huge impact on advancing high-quality content on the web.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a distributed team of 6-10 software engineers building our web app, extensions and integrations into the Firefox browser.
- Report to our CTO and as our first Engineering Manager, help define what will make the role successful at Pocket.
- Create an inclusive environment which engages and challenges your team members, and exposes them to new opportunities.
- Set and communicate your team’s goals, and establish plans and schedules to attain them.
- Collaborate with engineers, data scientists, designers, product managers and support teams to implement our product strategy.
- Ensure that the software your team delivers is on time, high quality, measurable, and maintainable.
- Anticipate the right mix of capabilities required for your team to be successful, and recruit and hire new people as needed.
- Be rewarded with growth and leadership opportunities for strong performance.
What you already have:
- You have 6 years of overall industry experience, with at least 2 years of hands-on technical leadership and/or people management experience.
- You have the ability to successfully lead and ship complex software projects on time in a loosely structured environment.
- You can hire, coach, motivate, develop, and delegate to geographically distributed team members with different skill sets from your own.
- You can resolve problems, manage risk, lead change, and facilitate collaborative decision-making in a multi-functional team.
- You possess clear and succinct communication, and the ability to develop positive relationships with subordinates, peers, upper management, and partners.
- You can enable creative thinking and new contributions in your team.
Our team requires skills in a variety of domains. You should ideally have experience with some of the areas listed below, and be passionate about learning new things. We’re excited to see:
- Experience with building modern applications on the web
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!