We are looking for a Head of Product with expertise building vibrant social communities in well-loved consumer products. Heck, maybe you put in time making games that people are obsessed with. Whatever your path, you have many years of real life experience leading your team to exceptional results building impactful software.
We’re looking for someone willing to come in and try new things, understand what makes blockchain different and special, then lean into that. We work in a highly technical space so fluency is expected, but we don’t need you to be a blockchain expert – we can get you there.
We need you to be a champion for your user, a trusted leader to your team, and an advocate for intelligent product thinking across the organization. We also need your experience - your best practices, data driven decision making and raw creativity in testing new channels, behaviours, and distribution hacks.
Every member of our team shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision. As our Head of Product, you’ll introduce a transformative new technology to a mass audience, join a pioneering project that’s shaping the future of decentralization, and pave the way for a community of talented developers and consumers to connect on chain. You’ll be working alongside an incredible team in our Vancouver office.
Dapper Labs team members are humble and curious entrepreneurs, builders, and tinkerers who share a passion to demystify blockchain technology and tap its potential to create change in the world. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse crew flourishes in a distributed hierarchy where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above else: regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues. Everyone here is a founder, and no one fits in a box. We’re all driven by an insatiable thirst for learning and development, and that’s what brings us together.
What we’ll accomplish together:
* Sketch and define a product roadmap to ship the vision, strategy, design, and execution of a two sided platform to support a thriving user-developer ecosystem.
* Plan and build products that serve our developer community using best practices to increase user adoption, inform content creator workflow, and build an exceptional user experience.
* Plan and build products and features that dramatically lower the barriers of blockchain accessibility for normal people all over the world.
* Plan and build products and features that create compelling decentralized value for normal people all over the world.
A little about you:
* 10+ years of experience in Software or Gaming Product Management
* Experienced in managing and coaching product team members
* You can apply your skills across a variety of use cases.
* We believe in processes and the power of planning, but you will often have to roll with the punches and prioritize the most impactful tasks on the fly.
* Ideal candidates will have proven experience building and leading world-class teams, navigating complex strategic landscapes, and setting a culture for product quality that runs through every facet of their work.
* Our hierarchy is very flexible, so while we prefer you to build a team, we are fine with strong individual contributors, especially if you have a rare specialty. We prefer full-time in Vancouver but are open to remote candidates and contractors.
* You’ve built tools or products serving games (major bonus points here). You have technical know-how and an engineering background, so you can speak developer’s’ language. We work in a highly technical space so fluency is expected, but we don’t need you to be a blockchain expert – we can get you there.
* Experience in gaming is a bonus but not required – we would equally value familiarity with payments, consumer and/or social platforms, and/or cryptocurrency.
* Making product roadmaps gets you out of bed in the morning.
* Balancing resource constraints with a burning desire to build magnificent software in a complex and evolving landscape is your ideas of a good time.
* You still argue about Yo!, have strong opinions on Secret and were perhaps obsessed with Stolen.
* Mentoring brilliant young product minds warms your heart, already frigid from years of high stress product development.