Content Marketing Wrangler
Automattic, Inc. is seeking a Content Marketing Wrangler to oversee and evolve our content strategy and roadmap for brands like WordPress.com and Jetpack. He/She will work with internal stakeholders and outside agency / freelance partners and be willing to roll up his/her sleeves to help achieve strategic goals.
- Develop and execute a global, multiple-domain content strategy for all Automattic brands that focuses on lead generation while advancing and protecting the brand voice and image.
- Oversee and manage projects and campaigns: ensure colleagues are properly briefed and updates/recaps are given in a timely fashion. Serve as the expert from concept to launch, managing scope, strategy, editing, publishing and promotion.
- Create a content calendar for scheduling and cadence of blog posts, articles, landing pages and social posts.
- Serve as the point of contact for agencies, vendors and partners, and provide regular feedback on how to improve their deliverables.
- Perform ongoing keyword/topic discovery, competitor analysis and audience research to determine strategy gaps and drive change and improvement. Contribute to the execution of content marketing campaigns.
- Work alongside team members to analyze performance data from content campaigns to gather knowledge of content reach, engagement and conversions, as well as further craft content strategy based on those insights.
- Will have had 5+ years of experience in Content Strategy and Marketing with an emphasis on ROI-based measurement.
- Has experience managing sites with 20+ million visits a month in multiple languages.
- Has working knowledge of HTML and experience with WordPress.
- Has strong written, oral communication, and presentation skills.
- Has writing, editing, and management experience who’s eager to become a vital role player beyond just fulfillment and individual contribution. Understands SEO content strategy, keyword research, as well as basic on-page technical SEO.
- Can work collaboratively and fluidly across teams—everything from UX design to paid social—and has experience being in a content strategy/lead-gen role.
- Can efficiently plan and manage numerous projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Has worked in changing, high growth environments.
- Is a results-oriented thinker.
Like all positions at Automattic, you’ll work remotely, and can be based wherever you live.
Does this sound interesting? If yes, let us know what you can contribute to the team. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out in your application letter by telling us why you’d like to join Automattic.
At Automattic, we value diversity and know that different perspectives will ensure our team is innovative and creative thinking. Automattic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship, or disability status. We look forward to hearing from you!