Business Development Lead
4 months ago
Category: Marketing / Sales
- Managing the inbound inquiry funnel (triage emails, answer calls, etc)
- Reviewing + qualifying leads that are a good fit for Modern Tribe
- Helping define + scope projects of all sizes, ranging from $75k to over $1 million++
- Clearly identifying customer needs and articulate how we can help solve them
- Lead the proposal writing process
- Working directly with service team directors / leads to get estimates
- Pitching the final project / proposal to the end customer
- Building relationships with prospective partners
- Providing regular status updates on daily Sales scrum meetings
- Working directly with Project Management and Strategy to handoff and oversee confirmed projects / upsell opportunities
- Ensuring the internal CRM we use for tracking work stays updated + accurate
- Verifying that that all workflows (proposal templates, estimate templates, etc) are documented and easily accessible
- Maintaining strong, long-term relationships with customers once the project is underway, with the ability to expand business with current customers beyond the initial project
- Writing outbound marketing pieces
- Impeccable communication + organization skills
- A deep-seated love for relationship building
- A diverse background that touches on technology, design and/or strategy, not just sales
- Self-motivated, detail oriented
- The ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- An engaging + compelling writing style
- Given the level of client communication involved, a near-perfect command of the English language is require
Knowledge & Experience
- 3-5+ years managing sales for digital agencies
- A strong, proven track record building + managing relationships
- A strong design or technical background show us that youve been in the mix building stuff with an understanding of customer goals and how to solve for them
- A demonstrable understanding of current technologies and what solutions will/will not work for a given customers needs
- Demonstrated success driving new sales/client acquisition in an agency environment
- Ability to travel approximately 1x per month on average (this fluctuates a lot)
Additional Experience (Bonus Points)
- A strong command of WordPress is HIGHLY desirable, but not required if you have years of experience selling or working with a similar CMS
- Experience running web design and development projects & managing the customer relationship
- Experience closing $1 million + in annual sales
- Proven experience in strategy, design and/or executing major marketing initiatives
- Distributed team experience is important (but not required)
- A confidence + love for working remotely, and the potential social isolation that may bring
- Experience in a project management role where you are can manage team workflows, estimate resourcing needs for pitches and keep team members accountable is a plus
Who We Are
Who You Are
- HAPPY: Where there is a will, there is a way. Having a positive disposition allows us to achieve great things and to support each other.
- HELPFUL: Always looking for ways that you can help others.
- CURIOUS: It is essential that you have a passion for learning. Technology changes daily, and life has a way of constantly raising the bar.
- ACCOUNTABLE: Our clients expect us to get the right thing done on budget and on time. Communicating expectations and meeting them is the cornerstone of success.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!