Enterprise Support Engineer - EMEA
3 months ago
More and more companies are using GitHub Enterprise, so the support team is growing. When our customers have problems, they contact us and it is our goal to help them as quickly and awesomely as possible. We're looking for Enterprise Support Engineers, in North America, some European territories, Australia, Japan, and New Zealand to support our GitHub Enterprise product installed and managed in the customer's virtualization environment.
Your main responsibility will be to work with our customers via web interface, email, phone and chat to solve support tickets. Tickets are usually opened by internal system administrators, and can include investigating load or networking issues, debugging application errors, and discussing feature requests. You'll also work with our engineering team to prioritize issues and development, and our documentation team to improve customer-facing resources. You dont need to be a Git expert, but you do need to have technical experience and a passion for helping people.
The position reports to an Enterprise Support Manager and works closely with other teams and leaders across the company.
GitHub works remotely and asynchronously as much as possible. While this role does not require you to live near our office, it will require some travel to meet with co-workers or attend company events.
This role may require working non-standard working hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Solve complex customer support tickets often involving Linux servers, source code, and web application issues
- Effectively communicate technical information to customers and engineering groups at GitHub
- Work proactively with customers on activities such as coordinating upgrades, communicating upcoming features, and ensuring their installation is running smoothly
- Identify bugs and improvements in the GitHub Enterprise codebase
- Manage urgent customer outages during business hours
- General understanding of how modern web applications work
- Prior experience providing technical support
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Familiarity with some flavor of production-level virtual machine (e.g., VMware ESX, Xen, KVM)
- Enthusiasm for working directly with customers
- Stellar English and grammar skills
- Worked closely with large complex customer accounts
- Familiarity with Git and GitHub
- Experience with phone support
- Ability to look through and understand code (Ruby / Bash)
- Previous experience as a Linux System Administrator
- Previous experience providing on-site consulting or professional services
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 31 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the worlds most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come togetheras individuals and in teamsto create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click
to report dead link!