1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Category: Customer Support
7 Cups’ mission is to empower every human to care for one another. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2013, 7 Cups’ has significantly expanded access to emotional support and behavioral health. We are currently the largest mental health system in the world. Over 2 million people from almost every country on the planet (191/195) in 152 different languages use the platform each month. We are living in a world with an immense love deficit. Many of us are not receiving the love we need to reach our true potential and to truly thrive. We are solving this huge problem, and trying to change the stigma around mental health.
7Cups is seeking a Community Manager, capable of taking us to the next level. You have a passion for mental health and will be working to integrate support projects, volunteer teams, and initiatives within each specific sub-community for the purpose of shared community building. This role works with both adult, teen, and group support communities and with both listeners and members.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure a strong and effective team of volunteers (including focus on teens and adult group support).
- Manage and improve the training and onboarding processes for volunteer leader groups.
- Recruit and manage leadership; ensure that all of the support teams have active and engaged leaders, whilst helping group support teams, forum teams and feed teams integrate for each sub-community.
- Work closely with the teens and group support community, gauging their needs and creating special programs to help the teens and group support population on 7 Cups.
- You will oversee safety initiatives. This includes managing the review forms, behavior reports, emergency form.
- Own your data; track data weekly in terms of messages, discussion counts and participants. Create reports to gauge the health of community, highlight pain points and brainstorming how to problem solve these pain points to plan for the next month.
What you bring:
- 3+ years of program or volunteers management
- Proven track record of effectively managing a team and operational processes
- Strong understanding of active listening
- Data oriented - strong understanding of how to use data to identify problems and inform decisions, knowledge of excel/spreadsheets is a plus
- Have an aptitude for product enhancements to help the community. Collaborate with the product team in discussing feature needs.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to prioritize tasks effectively
- Conflict resolution skills
- Interest or background in health/ mental health
- Experience managing communities online or offline
- Background in recovery is a plus
- Startup mindset - ability to proactively problem solve
- Exceptional public communication skills and comfort with main social media channels
- Must pass a background check (required to work with folks under the age of 18)
- Experience working with teenagers preferred
- Recovery background preferred
- BS or BA degree in a related field
What you get:
- Remote-first culture, work where you want
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement through meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous PTO policy promoting rest for mind/body/soul
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!