If you are tech savvy, fantastic with people, can work productively from home during normal North and South American business hours, and want to make a difference in a small, innovative software company, then we’d love to have a chat to see how we can mould our position to fit into your lifestyle.
We have many happy companies using our software worldwide, but with all our technical support located in Perth Western Australia, and Cape Town South Africa, we really need your help servicing our North and South American customers.
Fastvue helps teachers, managers, HR departments and IT/network administrators identify Internet usage issues. Whether that’s people spending all day on Facebook, hogging bandwidth with terabytes of YouTube videos, or school kids searching for ‘easiest ways to kill myself’ (true story).
That might sound a little ‘big brother’-ish, but our main goal is to help companies foster safe and productive online workplaces, and we actively discourage ‘spying’ on employees. We liberate the data currently locked up in IT departments so that the right person, whether that’s HR, team leaders, or employee’s themselves can self-manage their online behavior.
Our software provides these insights by intelligently monitoring the data flowing through Internet an organization’s Internet firewall. It is currently used by over 2000 organizations monitoring over 3200 firewalls and web gateways.
We take pride in making our software as simple to use as possible, but from time to time, customers have questions or require some handholding. We’re looking for intelligent, empathetic individuals that can help our customers solve their problems using our software.
You will be our technical support representative for the America’s timezone, supporting customers throughout North and South America. You will spend most of the time helping our customers via email, phone or remote screenshare sessions, with the end goal of ensuring our software solves their problems. In your downtime, you’ll be contributing to our online content and working with our development and sales teams to improve product and increase sales.
As part of our small, fully distributed team, you’ll be working remotely from wherever you are. But don’t worry, you won’t have a chance to be lonely. When you’re not speaking with customers, you’ll be working with our other team members in the USA (California), Australia, UK and South Africa.
What you’ll be doing:
- As our Technical Customer Support and Success Champion for the Americas, you will be responsible for ensuring our North and South American customers are successfully using Fastvue (https://www.fastvue.co) and WebSpy (https://www.webspy.com) products to the full of their potential.
- You’ll work along side our sales representative(s) to help on-board new customers.
- You will be responsible for handling incoming support requests via email (through our support system – Desk.com), online chat, and phone (Skype).
- You will proactively schedule meetings with existing customers to analyze how they’re currently using the software, and suggest other ways they could utilize the software to make their lives easier.
- You will hold webinars demonstrating software features, and best practices.
- You will record and share ‘How to’ videos of the software.
- No one likes writing the same email response twice, so you’ll also be expected to contribute to the Fastvue and WebSpy knowledge base, documentation and blog as you encounter customer problems and solutions.
- You will understand our North and South American customers better than anyone else and will work closely with the product team to help improve the customer on-boarding process and reduce churn.
- You must be located in one of the North or South American timezones (Canada, USA, Brazil etc).
- You must be patient, polite, fun, and willing to go above and beyond to be helpful.
- Our customers are usually technical network and system administrators, so general knowledge of networking concepts is required. You don’t have to be a DevOps mastermind, but you should be proficient with networking concepts to help customers setup logging on their firewall (for example), and identify and suggest basic troubleshooting steps.
- Most of our customer support occurs over email, so we expect you to have excellent written english (good spelling, grammar and fast typing skills).
- You will also spend a lot of time conducting one-on-one web sessions so a professional and courteous demeanour is essential.
- Good analytical, problem solving and research skills.
Nice to haves:
- Our software uses log data coming from commercial firewalls and web gateways, so some experience in setting up firewalls, routers, proxy servers, or content filters is desirable.
- Experience with log file analysis applications, and/or trawling through log files looking for insights by hand is desirable.
- Extra bonus points for any previous experience with Fastvue and/or WebSpy software (not essential – as we’ll teach you this part).
- How will you know you’re doing a good job?
Your performance will be measured by the ‘happiness’ of our North and South American Customers. This will be measured by the occasional survey and the frequency of positive customer feedback.
What’s in it for you?
- Work from home, or anywhere with an Internet connection.
- Laptop, smart phone and tablet of your choice.
- Free Uber rides to and from networking events or co-working spaces.
- We’ll cover any reasonable expense that helps you work happily and productively.
- Looking for a full time, part time, casual or contract position? We’re open to discuss all options and offer a competitive salary or contract terms if your skills are right.
Fastvue develops software to get the job of managing employee Internet usage off the IT department’s desk and into the hands of the right people.
Our unique Fastvue Site Clean engine intelligently interprets firewall log data so that non-technical employees can easily see what people are actually doing online.