If you love building beautiful web experiences on the WordPress platform that thousands of people interact with every day, A/B testing those web experiences to find out what actually moves the needle, and operating in a fast moving, high-growth team than you might be a great fit for this role.
The Marketing team’s goal is to build a powerful brand that speaks to our customers while creating a growth trajectory for the company that allows us to continue to invest in our product, our team, and our customers. This position will report directly to the Director of Marketing.
Why ConvertKit is interesting:
- We are a 100% remote team with the goal of having 50 teammates or less.
- Every team member is committed to our mission, vision and values. Our mission is not your standard mailed-in variety; We exist solely to help creators earn a living from their craft, and we take that very seriously.
- We put a high emphasis on work / life balance, and we value and strive for 40 hour work weeks. There aren’t set hours, but there’s a lot to get done!
This role is designed for an experienced front end WordPress developer and requires a variety of skills and competencies. As our front end WordPress developer, you’ll be responsible for owning multiple customer facing marketing sites and subdomains, ensuring they are performing as expected and frequently deploying A/B tests to improve the user experience and overall conversion rates.
Measures of success include being the resident expert on WordPress, improving site performance (load times), deploying A/B tests, and consistently helping us build a better user experience for anyone visiting our public facing websites.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Being the resident WordPress expert.
- Ensuring our site is performing well and works as intended across all device and browser types.
- Deploying frequent A/B tests using tools like VWO or Google Optimize.
- Ensuring we are correctly firing and tracking web events using our Segment integration.
- Coding pages based on designs/specs from our team of designers.
The right person for this position will have:
- Enthusiasm and belief in the ConvertKit mission.
- A passion for building beautiful web experiences that work across all device types.
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with others and initiate consistent communication across teams.
- A genuine desire to build meaningful relationships within the ConvertKit team, including the ability to drive constructive conflict that leads to great ideas and positive outcomes.
- Strong and demonstrated written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to pitch ideas, tell powerful stories, and sell our vision.
- Comfort in working as part of a remote team.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience with A/B testing tools like Visual Website Optimizer (VWO) and Google Optimize.
- Experience using Segment to correctly track web events.
- Experience using Amplitude or another event based analytical system.
- Solid understanding of SEO as well as the Yoast SEO plugin.
- 3 weeks paid vacation, 7 paid holidays, and 1 week of paid sick leave / year, bumping up to 4 weeks vacation after 1 year of employment
- The team gathers twice a year in-person for fantastic team retreats
- 12 weeks paid maternity / 4 weeks paid paternity leave, as well as flexible scheduling in the first year after your child is born
- $2,500 equipment allowance given every 2 years
- 4% 401k match
- Yearly conference credit
- $1,000 yearly “paid paid vacation” bonus
- Excellent health, vision, and dental benefits
Applications for this position close on Jan 15th, 2019. If you have any questions about the position, please contact Derrick, our Director of Marketing at [email protected], or Ashley, our Director of Operations at [email protected] Please apply online in lieu of sending Derrick or Ashley your resume directly.