Our core values:
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We’re a team, built on trust.
- We’re proud to be remote.
- We’re in control of our own destiny.
We’re looking for a detailed oriented, battle tested, and knowledgeable DevOps engineer that is eager to make an impact on a game-changing product in eCommerce. Someone that has the passion to build the infrastructure for TaxJar’s core services to maintain, and exceed our traffic and reliability trajectory.On our team you will have the opportunity to build and maintain cloud architecture that supports tens of thousands of customers.
*This is a full-time remote position available to folks located in the US.
As a DevOps professional for TaxJar you will:
- Help us maintain high standards for security, stability, and operational best practices
- Maintain, test, and improve disaster recovery across our technology stacks
- Build complex deployment pipelines for Ruby and Elixir applications
- Maintain and improve our monitoring and alerting systems across AWS and Heroku applications
- Assist in migrating services from Heroku to AWS
- Be an expert with AWS cloud services; EC2, CloudFormation, CodeDeploy, IAM, etc.
- Support the project efforts of all TaxJar development teams
- 3 – 6 years of experience in cloud based DevOps with a heavy focus on AWS services
- Production experience with: CloudFormation, CodeDeploy, Ruby applications, Elixir applications, AWS cost optimization, and Postgresql
- Experience with running disaster recovery scenarios and then documenting and implementing issues that were discovered
- Ability to write clear and accurate documentation around how infrastructure is laid out and can be modified
- Be accountable for the infrastructure you are provisioning and maintaining
- Manage DevOps tasks from assignment through to production
- Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Passion for building simple and intuitive solutions for complex problems in eCommerce
- Excel at communicating with the team remotely (chat, video, email, etc)
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We’ve created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We’re profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We’re always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy (we’ll actually pay you $500 a year to take time off!)
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Brand new Macbook computer
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 10,000 businesses. We were founded to help eCommerce owners spend less time on sales tax and more time growing the businesses they love. We’re passionate about creating simple solutions and leveraging technology to solve complicated sales tax issues. We're not just about sales tax though, we're a technology-driven company focused on providing a great experience for both merchants and developers."
We offer TaxJar Reports , a simple web-based reporting tool that organizes sales tax data into return-ready reports by state; AutoFile, a service that automatically files sales tax returns; and SmartCalcs API, a modern, accurate, sales tax API for developers to outsource sales tax rates and calculations. For developers, we have created a helpful API demo environment and also are fanatics about creating and maintaining great API documentation.