Job Posting Rules
At Remotive, we take pride in helping employers grow their business remotely. We realize the time and resources that go into finding the right candidate. It is important that every job opening posted on Remotive represents a real, current, fair and non-discriminatory opportunity.
Please note that this list is a guide, not a comprehensive list of what is allowable or forbidden.
- Use Remotive to fill a job, not a pipeline. Each posting should represent a real and currently available job.
- Don’t discriminate. Jobs on Remotive must be made available to qualified candidates regardless of age, race, gender and sexual orientation.
- Pay reliably and fairly. Jobs that people find on Remotive should have hourly or salaried wages and may not cost the candidate anything to apply, interview and begin work.
- Make application accessible and transparent. Job seekers should not have to set up or navigate through complicated steps to begin the application process.
- Respect Candidate Privacy. Information gathered in the application process should be shared carefully within your company and never made available to 3rd parties.
Please read these Job Posting Rules carefully and ensure that your job postings comply with (a) these Rules, (b) your contract with Remotive and (c) applicable laws.
We will remove a job posting if we are made aware of, and confirm that, the
job posting is inaccurate, fake, misleading, deceptive, infringes on a
third-party’s copyright and/or trademark, violates an applicable law, rule
and/or regulation in any jurisdiction nationally or internationally,
violates your contractual obligations to Remotive, violates these
guidelines, is libelous, defamatory, immoral, offensive, obscene,
pornographic, disruptive, threatening, abusive, or contains content that is
not appropriate for any other reason.
Any violation of these Job Posting Rules and/or our contract with you and/or applicable law, may result in a suspension of services to you and/or a termination of our contract with you. We reserve the right to amend these Rules at any time.
DO’s and DON’Ts of Posting Remote Jobs on Remotive
Please ensure that your remote job meets the following guidelines
- DO post jobs that represent real and current job openings
- DO make sure that you have the right to post the opening, for example, ensure that the trademark owner and the copyright owner of the content have consented to you posting the job
make sure that all elements of the job are described accurately, for
example, clearly specify
- Whether any geo-restriction or country restriction apply.
- Whether the role is full-time or part-time; contractor or employee
- Whether it’s for a fixed period.
- The job title, duties and responsibilities of the role
- The required experience and skillset for the role
- The salary and any other compensation, if available.
- Clear instructions for applying for the job
- The application process must be direct, meaning it should not involve third-party offers or websites
- If hyperlinks are included in the posting, the click must take the job seeker directly to a page where the job seeker can submit his or her CV or resume and/or cover letter
- The application process must not require the job seeker to visit social media platforms and/or ‘like’ and/or ‘share’ as a condition of the application
- The application must not be utilized as a marketing tool or lead generator
DON’T Provide Content That Violates Laws and These Additional Rules
Note: The list below is not exhaustive. The content of job postings must comply with the following rules or their equivalent in France or the jurisdiction (country, state, municipality, city, town, etc.) of the job poster, target job seekers, and any other applicable jurisdiction. Accordingly, the content of all job postings MUST:
- Comply with applicable local, state, federal and international laws, including but not limited to laws relating to anti-discrimination, labor and employment, equal employment opportunity and employment eligibility requirements, data privacy, data access and use, and intellectual property
- Not contain any job requirement or criterion that discriminates on the basis of race, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, physical or mental disability, religion, national origin, citizenship, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law
- Not prohibit applications from persons with criminal convictions, criminal records, and/or felonies, where prohibited by law unless such criterion is a legitimate requirement of the job or is required by law
- Not use clickbait in titles. Job titles should be the name of the particular job as it might appear on a business card, with no extra information. Job descriptions is where work location, required degrees, company perks and other specifics should be detailed.
- Not include any screening requirement or criterion where such requirement or criterion is not an actual and legitimate requirement of the job
- Not contain the names, logos or trademarks of persons or companies who have not consented to your use of their intellectual property
- Not contain content, or links to content, that exploits people in a sexual, violent or other manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 13
- Not sell, promote or advertise products or services
- Clearly state if the role pays commissions only, and if so, clearly describe the product(s) or service(s) that the job seeker would be selling
- Not require the job seeker to pay a fee to apply to the job unless an application fee is required by a municipality for applications for roles with police departments
- Not contain any pyramid scheme, agency, distributorship, "club membership", or other arrangement that requires recruitment of other members, sub-distributors or sub-agents
- Not contain a role located in any country subject to sanctions imposed by the governments of France, the United States or the United Kingdom
- Not contain content that is inaccurate, false, outdated or misleading
- Not contain any personal information
- Not require a job seeker to register or create an account in order to view the entire job description
- Not require the job seeker to submit a photo or video as part of the application
- Not contain keywords unrelated or irrelevant to the job in the title or description
Don't Post Jobs for These Opportunities
- Mystery shoppers
- Unpaid internships or unpaid roles
- Casting calls, auditions for modeling, acting and/or talent management
- Medical and/or which solicit the donation of human body parts and/or which solicit reproductive services, e.g., egg donation, and surrogacy
- Market research services (for example, survey collections, opinion participants, etc.)
- Career fairs
- Franchise or training opportunities
Listings that prove misleading, compromise the job seeker experience or those which we are not convinced represent a “real” job may be made only selectively visible or removed from organic search results altogether. Please note: We cannot give every reason why a job or a company may be removed, and we always retain the right to undertake such the removal of any job, organic or sponsored, if we feel it is in our interest or our users’ interest.
If you have questions about these guidelines and how they affect your recruiting needs, please reach out to us here.
Please visit these Job Posting Rules from time to time as rules may change. You can tell when they were last revised by the date posted below.
Last update: 16th of September, 2020.